NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High: Prometheus Rising (OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:58 pm

Camicon wrote:
Corrian wrote:Well, that game was totally awesome in a depressing kind of way.

Say nothing. I only just got to the part where Ellie shanked that guy in the burning hotel. Joel hasn't found her yet.

No plans to. I don't tend to like giving spoilers, especially on here.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:11 pm

Corrian wrote:
Camicon wrote:Say nothing. I only just got to the part where Ellie shanked that guy in the burning hotel. Joel hasn't found her yet.

No plans to. I don't tend to like giving spoilers, especially on here.

Zombieland Rules: If somebody tries to tell you the best part about Zombieland before you've seen it, knock them out.

This also applies to The Last of Us, though take out awesome and replace it with a word with better-fitting connotations.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:44 am

Man, it is 3 AM and my minds still dwelling on the game I finished at 5 PM. Glad to have a game impact me this much and think about it, even though my mind gets to the point where it gets really annoying when it thinks too much.
My Last.FM and RYM

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:40 am

Corrian wrote:Man, it is 3 AM and my minds still dwelling on the game I finished at 5 PM. Glad to have a game impact me this much and think about it, even though my mind gets to the point where it gets really annoying when it thinks too much.

Since you can't get it out of your mind, how about a different thing that refuses to leave your mind. It will never leave!
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:55 pm

Alright. So. The Last Of Us? Best game of the year, hands down.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:07 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:Since you can't get it out of your mind, how about a different thing that refuses to leave your mind. It will never leave!

Ah, yeah, that music kinda bores me and does get stuck in my head....better then what got stuck in my head when I read this, though.

Camicon wrote:Alright. So. The Last Of Us? Best game of the year, hands down.

It is definitely up there for me. Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, and Beyond: Two Souls will likely be my 3 top games of 2013, and right now I think The Last of Us might be out on top. The game is so great. If Beyond: Two Souls lives up to my expectations like The Last of Us has, it will be up there.

One thing I REALLY liked about The Last of Us is the characters are flawed. Every single character seems flawed. Some majorly. And all the killing and murdering you do in the game actually affects the characters through the game. I can definitely tell Ellie gets more and more traumatized throughout the game, and by the end I feel like she probably has PTSD and depression. They just do such a superb job with the flaws, the characters being affected over time, and the gradual increase in the characters relationship with each other.

I could go on for a while about why I loved the game so much.

Naughty Dog is one of the main reasons why I'm getting a PS4, and playing The Last of Us and it coming out as great as it did just reminds me why I'm getting a PS4.
Last edited by Corrian on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:08 pm

Corrian wrote:
Camicon wrote:Alright. So. The Last Of Us? Best game of the year, hands down.

It is definitely up there for me. Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, and Beyond: Two Souls will likely be my 3 top games of 2013, and right now I think The Last of Us might be out on top. The game is so great. If Beyond: Two Souls lives up to my expectations like The Last of Us has, it will be up there.

One thing I REALLY liked about The Last of Us is the characters are flawed. Every single character seems flawed. Some majorly. And all the killing and murdering you do in the game actually affects the characters through the game. I can definitely tell Ellie gets more and more traumatized throughout the game, and by the end I feel like she probably has PTSD and depression. They just do such a superb job with the flaws, the characters being affected over time, and the gradual increase in the characters relationship with each other.

I could go on for a while about why I loved the game so much.

As could I. But it would involve a menagerie of spoilers, so I shall restrain myself.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:17 pm

Camicon wrote:As could I. But it would involve a menagerie of spoilers, so I shall restrain myself.

Telegram :)
My Last.FM and RYM

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:39 pm

Corrian wrote:
Altruistic Paladins wrote:Since you can't get it out of your mind, how about a different thing that refuses to leave your mind. It will never leave!

Ah, yeah, that music kinda bores me and does get stuck in my head....better then what got stuck in my head when I read this, though.

Oh, you were talking about something else? Hmm, I will need something other than one of the catchiest, most needlessly mean songs in existence. How about something which is catchy and necessarily mean?
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:31 pm

Huh, who knew that vocal consumers could change things? I was going to make a "XBOX 180" joke and then I realized that somebody has already made it.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Orinon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:46 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:Huh, who knew that vocal consumers could change things? I was going to make a "XBOX 180" joke and then I realized that somebody has already made it.

Still not getting one. Only reason Microsoft is pulling a 180 is because they realized that literally no one was going to buy their console.
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:05 pm

Orinon wrote:Still not getting one. Only reason Microsoft is pulling a 180 is because they realized that literally no one was going to buy their console.

Orinon wrote:Only reason Microsoft is pulling a 180 is because they realized that literally no one was going to buy their console.

Orinon wrote:they realized that literally no one was going to buy their console.

Orinon wrote:literally no one was going to buy their console.

Orinon wrote:literally no one

Orinon wrote:literally

Oh my god!
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:14 pm, edited 8 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:03 pm

Ugh, trying to decide if I'm going to do my somewhat strange character I had an idea for a while back, or if I'm going to make the bully guy I keep having an idea for. We're kind of lacking people that are rude to each other, so I should do the last one instead of having my strange guy who listens to psychedelic music and is probably a stoner when not on a space station :P
My Last.FM and RYM

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:14 pm

Yeah, smoking things that create something other than steam is generally not a good thing to have in an enclosed space.

By the way, am I getting the impression that you are making a bully that is a Grateful Deadhead?
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:41 am

Do the fake fireworks make sounds like real fireworks?

If you don't answer this before I post, I'll just go with no, and then change it if I have to.
Times are looking grim these days~

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:47 am

Altruistic Paladins wrote:Yeah, smoking things that create something other than steam is generally not a good thing to have on a space station.

By the way, am I getting the impression that you are making a bully that is a Grateful Deadhead?

A wha?

I have ideas for them that I won't say anything about :)
My Last.FM and RYM

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:37 pm

Terintania wrote:Do the fake fireworks make sounds like real fireworks?

If you don't answer this before I post, I'll just go with no, and then change it if I have to.

A hologram is just a projection. Unless the rocket pods on his suit are actually the inverse of Q Branch's ghetto blasters, there would be no sound.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Pragia
Powerbroker

Founded: May 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pragia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:56 pm

Terintania wrote:Do the fake fireworks make sounds like real fireworks?

no noise, just visuals.

ill post soon, i suck posting on my computer :P

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:30 pm

Pragia wrote:no noise, just visuals.

On your computer? BLASPHEMY!
My Last.FM and RYM

Pragia
Powerbroker

Postby Pragia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:57 pm

Corrian wrote:
Pragia wrote:no noise, just visuals.

On your computer? BLASPHEMY!

I know, its hard to believe, but omy autocorrect plus my interface on my phone helps me posting.

Uh oh, goona be brought in :(

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:00 pm

Pragia wrote:I know, its hard to believe, but omy autocorrect plus my interface on my phone helps me posting.

I tried using the Wii U Tablet to post and I just felt like going insane. Give me a keyboard any day.

Also, I'm using Firefox. Firefox tells you when a word is misspelled and lets you fix it. It has helped me spell better.

And I'm enjoying the little moment with Cassie and Thomas. The projection was a good way for me to do something with Cassie. As soon as I read your post it gave me that idea, so thanks :)
My Last.FM and RYM

Pragia
Powerbroker

Postby Pragia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:08 pm

Corrian wrote:
Pragia wrote:I know, its hard to believe, but omy autocorrect plus my interface on my phone helps me posting.

I tried using the Wii U Tablet to post and I just felt like going insane. Give me a keyboard any day.

Also, I'm using Firefox. Firefox tells you when a word is misspelled and lets you fix it. It has helped me spell better.

And I'm enjoying the little moment with Cassie and Thomas. The projection was a good way for me to do something with Cassie. As soon as I read your post it gave me that idea, so thanks :)

Moi aussi, but Im still trying to find places to join conversation realistically, dont want to be intrusive.

Still am trying to formulate how im going to react to being brought in, seeing as IC'ly hes a lawman

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:39 pm

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=247563#p15128025

So. Yeah. If I disappear for a little while, it's probably just because I don't have an internet connection. For the floodwaters to reach where I live, half the damn country would have to submerge.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:42 pm

Camicon wrote:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=247563#p15128025

So. Yeah. If I disappear for a little while, it's probably just because I don't have an internet connection. For the floodwaters to reach where I live, half the damn country would have to submerge.

SARCASM: Way to bump your thread without asking for permission first.

Sincere: I hope your home is not flooded.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:54 pm

Camicon wrote:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=247563#p15128025

Damn, extreme weather is just everywhere lately. Strangely enough we haven't had any major floodwaters or flooding up here in Washington in years, and before we would get it like every god damned year. But at the same time, the weather has been weird for a long time. Like today was a high of 54 and raining all day, while just a few days ago we had 2 70 degree days that were humid and a chance of thunderstorms. Weathers just all whacky everywhere, apparently.

My favorite (Not really) though is our yard getting flooding (And our garage, where a ton of our stuff was. Thankfully it was a 2-story garage so some stuff was upstairs) one year, and we aren't even in the 100 year flood plain (Are now). That was a weird period of like 2 feet of snow and then it warming up to like, 50 degrees and pouring rain on top of all of that unusual amount of snow. Amongst all of that we had 60 MPH winds while the snow was on the ground, and it was something like 20 degrees out (Windchill was lovely). But strangely enough our power behaved very well because usually our power goes out in some way or the other when the winds are that strong, even if it is for the short bursts when a branch falls on the line or something.

Yay for fun weather.
My Last.FM and RYM

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse