NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High: Prometheus Rising (OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:10 pm

Decius wrote:
Corrian wrote:I just realized that I didn't even have Caitlin get any food before sitting down at the table...smooth job, Caitlin.

Well she just better hope she doesn't start looking like food to the wolf or the hawk.

She knows that anyone trying to attack her would be really stupid and idiotic, so she isn't particularly afraid. And if she does get attacked, she knows that the person will just be thrown into a jail cell (again), or if they manage to keep this up with attacking people twice in one day, maybe they get thrown out the airlock or whatever they do to repeat offenders that don't seem to be able to stop getting in trouble and attacking fellow students

So yeah, she's not that worried.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:18 pm

Corrian wrote:I just realized that I didn't even have Caitlin get any food before sitting down at the table...smooth job, Caitlin.

Hmm, what should I go for?

Meal appears with Caitlin; meal disappears with Caitlin. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that.

or

Fucking continuity, how does that work?

or

Your continuity is bad and you should feel bad.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

The Great Korean Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Korean Empire » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:21 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
The Great Korean Empire wrote:Better?

Causality perception seems to be the most overpowered of the powers you wanted him to have.

Better?
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." -Ernest Hemingway

"To have found God and still to pursue him is the soul's paradox of love, scorned indeed by the too-easily-satisfied religionist, but justified in happy experience by the children of the burning heart." -A.W. Tozer.

Decius
Negotiator

Founded: May 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Decius » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:35 pm

Hey is it okay if I put up the link to the new RP I just created. I'm trying to advertise it and fast.
"My enemies are many, My equals are none."
-Napoleon Bonaparte, First Emperor of France

"Our enemies are many, Our equals are none."
-Motto of the Glorious Fourth German Reich of Decius

LONG LIVE THE FOURTH REICH! HEIL TO THE KAISER!

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:43 pm

Hey, Decius. In the next class tomorrow (IC time) I would like you to please not do anything to get attention to your character. Not saying you would, but I don't know that you wouldn't, either, so, yeah. Corrian and I have an idea for the class, so, yeah.
Times are looking grim these days~

Decius
Negotiator

Founded: May 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Decius » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:44 pm

Terintania wrote:Hey, Decius. In the next class tomorrow (IC time) I would like you to please not do anything to get attention to your character. Not saying you would, but I don't know that you wouldn't, either, so, yeah. Corrian and I have an idea for the class, so, yeah.

Okay. Hey want link to new RP I just created.
"My enemies are many, My equals are none."
-Napoleon Bonaparte, First Emperor of France

"Our enemies are many, Our equals are none."
-Motto of the Glorious Fourth German Reich of Decius

LONG LIVE THE FOURTH REICH! HEIL TO THE KAISER!

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:46 pm

Decius wrote:
Terintania wrote:Hey, Decius. In the next class tomorrow (IC time) I would like you to please not do anything to get attention to your character. Not saying you would, but I don't know that you wouldn't, either, so, yeah. Corrian and I have an idea for the class, so, yeah.

Okay. Hey want link to new RP I just created.

I probably won't join, but you can telegram it to me.

I wonder how Shade and Alexander (Or whatever your guy's named is) would get along.....
Times are looking grim these days~

Orinon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:28 am

And queue epic fight-or-flight reactions from my characters.
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:06 am

The Great Korean Empire wrote:
Name: William Havington
Nationality: American
Height: 6 Foot
Weight: Average
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue
Costume (if any): (Will Be Edited In Later)
Abilities: Elemental Manipulation, Technology Manipulation
Dorm: Villain
Brief Bio: During the war William’s family was killed. However despite this he often has idealistic dreams for the future of the world. His dream is that instead of becoming part of the foundation of the world in order to protect the people, he plans to rise above others and protect those below him with his acquired power and authority. Overall his dream is based on seizing power on a world scale for the betterment of a new society no matter what the cost. William has spent at a few years trying to control his powers with little to moderate success. While learning to control his powers, William has proven himself a natural tactician and manipulator. He has heard however about Super Hero High and feels this might be the chance to have full-mastery of his powers and a step closer to his goals...

Accepted, without the enhanced condition because the two other power are already very powerful.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:24 am

Eh, got distracted today and now I'm too tired to post.
My Last.FM and RYM

Orinon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:27 am

Corrian wrote:Eh, got distracted today and now I'm too tired to post.

That's my secret....

I'm always distracted, therefore, nothing distracts me.
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:19 pm

Orinon wrote:
Corrian wrote:Eh, got distracted today and now I'm too tired to post.

That's my secret....

I'm always distracted, therefore, nothing distracts me.

Nice...

Anyway, slept like utter crap so this isn't helping with my posting.
My Last.FM and RYM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:20 am

So, I think Kira will end up being my RP character that listens to the most pop music of mine. Still, she won't listen to pop like Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, or that sort, because I can't get myself to make any of my characters listen to that stuff. Probably more weird, obscure pop like The Knife, Iamamiwhoami, and Fever Ray. T.a.T.u because they're a popular Russian band, and that's probably her main reasoning because she feels proud that her country actually has a band that is popular worldwide. Maybe some trip hop on top of it.

She doesn't seclude herself to one or 2 genres, though, this is just the kind of stuff I could see her listening to the most.

I figure weird music fits her quite well.
My Last.FM and RYM

United Martains
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Martains » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:21 am

Jordan will have my taste in music. Rick, Musicals, and Movie themes.
"The best attack is a good defense... wait, what?"
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:23 am

United Martains wrote:Jordan will have my taste in music. Rick, Musicals, and Movie themes.

All my characters typically have my taste in music in some form or other (Pretty much all of the above mentioned I quite like, though I kinda grew out of T.a.T.u). Except Caitlin. She's the only one who listens to stuff I don't really like, like Linkin Park.
My Last.FM and RYM

United Martains
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby United Martains » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:27 am

I'm only going to have the one character (Jordan), which is why I have to like him. Hence his taste in music.
I don't listen to many famous pop-stars or bands. Coldplay is probably the most famous. Apart from that not many people would have heard of the artists I like.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination

Orinon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:49 am

Josh and Goltia have very similar taste in music, mainly hard and alt rock, however Josh prefers lower tempo songs, whereas Goltia enjoys songs that kick your teeth in. Havign grown up with them, Grace's tastes are also very similar, though she prefers softer songs. Markus, being a soldier, likes songs to go to war to. Magenta, unsurprisingly, has the weirdest taste in music, more enjoying lyrical content rather then actual genre.

And Abigale is... Well... freaking Abigale.

I should point out that the songs are examples. I can't will original music into existence :P
Last edited by Orinon on Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:56 am

United Martains wrote:Apart from that not many people would have heard of the artists I like.

Try me :P

Anyway, just to let you know, Kira is wearing a masquerade mask on her head....not on her face, just on her head. Just to let you know that she is a little strange, seeing as it is a little weird to be just wandering around a school with that on your head, and sometimes actually wearing it.

Orinon wrote:Josh and Goltia have very similar taste in music, mainly hard and alt rock, however Josh prefers lower tempo songs, whereas Goltia enjoys songs that kick your teeth in. Havign grown up with them, Grace's tastes are also very similar, though she prefers softer songs. Markus, being a soldier, likes songs to go to war to. Magenta, unsurprisingly, has the weirdest taste in music, more enjoying lyrical content rather then actual genre.

And Abigale is... Well... freaking Abigale.

I'm going to have to look through these when I wake up again later.
My Last.FM and RYM

United Martains
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby United Martains » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:01 am

Hey Corrian.

First thing, I have 2 sisters, and coincidentally, their names happen to be Cassandra (aka Cassie) and Caitlin. So that's creepy.
Secondly, about the masquerade, Jordan would think it's weird, but he wouldn't care. I mean, he'd be cautious, but still talkable. Anyway, I'll take it into account for future posts.
The other thing is, your character Andrew, who you haven't really used. Well, he is in the vigilante dorm, and so is Jordan. And Jordan has no powers. So I think it would be interesting if Jordan was Andrew's new roommate, and Andrew bullied him because of that? What do you think?

The Artists are:
  • Coldplay
  • Midnight Oil
  • Area11
  • Hans Zimmer (He is my favourite person ever)
  • John Williams
  • Howard Shore
  • Claude-Michel Schönberg
  • Alan Menken
  • Stephen Schwartz

Any of them ring a bell?
Last edited by United Martains on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Orinon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:06 am

Coldplay are awesome, I know I've hear dof Midnight Oil but can't name any songs off the top of my head, Hans Zimmer is a fucking god, Area11 I hate because my flatmate likes blasting it at 8 in the morning when I'm sleeping in. The rest draw blanks on me.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:08 am

United Martains wrote:Hey Corrian.

First thing, I have 2 sisters, and coincidentally, their names happen to be Cassandra (aka Cassie) and Caitlin. So that's creepy.

Oh nice. I realized later that Caitlin and Cassie got confusing for people of who was who. I didn't even think about the fact their names both started with C. I did a similar thing in another RP where I ended up coincidentally making 3 characters start with the letter A in their names. Adair, Azura, and Alma.

The other thing is, your character Andrew, who you haven't really used. Well, he is in the vigilante dorm, and so is Jordan. And Jordan has no powers. So I think it would be interesting if Jordan was Andrew's new roommate, and Andrew bullied him because of that? What do you think?

That sounds good. The reason I haven't used him much yet is because I know I won't be able to play him fantastically so I'm using him when it seems fit. And he is supposed to be a minor character, anyway. So is Kira, but she seems to be getting a bigger part then expected. No complaints, she's fun to play.

The Artists are:
  • Coldplay
  • Midnight Oil
  • Area11
  • Hans Zimmer (He is my favourite person ever)
  • John Williams
  • Howard Shore
  • Claude-Michel Schönberg
  • Alan Menken
  • Stephen Schwartz

Any of them ring a bell?

Coldplay, which i like okay, and Hans Zimmer mostly. Hans Zimmer has some of my all-time favorite soundtracks (Black Hawk Down Soundtrack, specifically), and soundtrack songs.

Stephen Schwartz, Howard Shore, and John Williams all sound familiar. Maybe even Midnight Oil. But I don't think I actually know their music.
Last edited by Corrian on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

United Martains
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby United Martains » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:16 am

Ha ha, glad both of you know Hans Zimmer. My all time favourite song is TIme, from Inception (which also happens to be my favourite movie)

Anyway.
Coldplay, you guys know.
Midnight Oil where an 80's rock band from Australia, which is where I come from. They broke up before I was born, but their music was awesome, and they were political activists. They were part of what got me into politics, and hence nationstates.
Area11 is a rock band that bases all their music on different animes. They come from England. Orinon, i can understand why that would be a pain so early on in the day.
Hans Zimmer you know.
John Williams was the film music composer. Stuff like Jaws, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, Superman,Indiana Jones. Classics like them were him.
Howard Shore did the music for the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies.
Claude-Michel Schönberg I like because he composed Les Miserables.
Alan Menken I like because he composed Little Shop of Horrors.
Stephen Schwartz I like because he composed Wicked.
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Orinon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:22 am

United Martains wrote:Ha ha, glad both of you know Hans Zimmer. My all time favourite song is TIme, from Inception (which also happens to be my favourite movie)

Anyway.
Coldplay, you guys know.
Midnight Oil where an 80's rock band from Australia, which is where I come from. They broke up before I was born, but their music was awesome, and they were political activists. They were part of what got me into politics, and hence nationstates.
Area11 is a rock band that bases all their music on different animes. They come from England. Orinon, i can understand why that would be a pain so early on in the day.
Hans Zimmer you know.
John Williams was the film music composer. Stuff like Jaws, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, Superman,Indiana Jones. Classics like them were him.

Oh my god you're Australian.

Run NZ_Is_Better.EXE

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:35 am

United Martains wrote:Ha ha, glad both of you know Hans Zimmer. My all time favourite song is TIme, from Inception (which also happens to be my favourite movie)

I like a lot of his work. A lot of stuff in Black Hawk Down is great.

Inception is one of my all-time favorite movies. Which, now that I think about it, has Ellen Page in it, who I used for Caitlin's appearance.

My other favorites are Memento and Bridge to Terabithia on the top of my head. Memento because it is Memento and Bridge to Terabithia because it has a special place in my childhood. Aaand it has AnnaSophia Robb in it who I used for Cassie...

Anyway.
Coldplay, you guys know.
Hans Zimmer you know.

As far as Australia music goes, I know Gotye and Karnivool. Karnivool is a progressive rock/progressive metal band and Gotye is...I don't even really know.

I was born in Sacramento, California, which has a surprisingly good music scene as of late. Chelsea Wolfe, Death Grips, Middle Class Rut, ect.

Okay, so I definitely know John Williams and Howard Shore subconsciously. Loved the Harry Potter movies as I grew up, and me and my brother, along with my sister and friends, all saw the last movie together. We even planned to watch it midnight opening but it was sold out.

I don't really know any of the other ones mentioned by the soundtracks you mentioned.

I'm not good at going to bed...
Last edited by Corrian on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:38 am

"I like to think I'm a Batman in the making"

Oh, Caitlin and Jordan will get along well.
My Last.FM and RYM

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse