NATION

PASSWORD

World of Conquest (Alt Hist, OOC CLOSED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dires
Minister

Founded: Aug 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dires » Wed May 29, 2013 11:37 am

Dires wrote:I think Qin would have most of Western China, Liaoning would have been focusing on pushing South and creating colonies, expanding west was my thing.

So give me Liaoning expansions West, I don't have any other place to expand.
Role-Plays:

Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.31
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/result/400019/

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Wed May 29, 2013 11:55 am

Acroticus wrote:Like this? (Image)

I'd like to hand over Xianjing and all of Tibet to Dires, and nab Myanmar instead.

Acroticus
Senator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Acroticus » Wed May 29, 2013 1:07 pm

Mishmahig wrote:
Acroticus wrote:Like this? (Image)

Close, but not quite.

I have no interest in West Africa, and although I would certainly be interested in Indian territories, I suggest we keep those areas open to new RPers, as we had to turn down quite a few.

Well you have got to tell me where you do have an interest in, in(is it only India?) or else you will end up with nothing :p

EDIT: Also, regarding India, I had decided that India would be a place to colonize rather than have another player make it a world power. Later on it can revolt and become its own territory, but as of now, it will remain a place to be colonized.
Last edited by Acroticus on Wed May 29, 2013 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jerusalemian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jerusalemian » Wed May 29, 2013 1:07 pm

Acroticus wrote:
Mishmahig wrote:
Close, but not quite.

I have no interest in West Africa, and although I would certainly be interested in Indian territories, I suggest we keep those areas open to new RPers, as we had to turn down quite a few.

Well you have got to tell me where you do have an interest in or else you will end up with nothing :p

ACRO!
I wanted part of south Africa :P
True teaching is not an accumulation of knowledge; it is an awaking of consciousness which goes through successive stages.

The best and shortest road towards knowledge of truth is Nature.

Social good is what brings peace to family and society.

Halleon
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 04, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Halleon » Wed May 29, 2013 1:10 pm

Acroticus wrote:(Image)

Looks like the expansions might be a bit small for 50 years...... what do you all think?

My only problem is it looks like Nova was given the Red Sea Gate on both sides and pretty much has a good head start in India. Also I know the Levatine Empire the purple nation in the Middle East didn't really have a active player but wouldn't it had expanded a bit into India or anywhere in that direction? Did the Combined Chinese War with Japan end with the conquest of Korea?

These are mainly questions and not complaints.
Better pass boldly into that other world, in the full glory of some passion, than fade and wither dismally with age. -James Joyce

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”-Abraham Lincoln
"Power is a curious thing...Three great men, a king, a priest, and a rich man. Between them stands a common sellsword. Each great man bids the sellsword kill the other two. Who lives, who dies? Power resides where men believe it resides; it's a trick, a shadow on the wall, and a very small man can cast a very large shadow."
―Varys to Tyrion Lannister

Acroticus
Senator

Postby Acroticus » Wed May 29, 2013 1:10 pm

Jerusalemian wrote:
Acroticus wrote:
Well you have got to tell me where you do have an interest in or else you will end up with nothing :p

ACRO!

I gave you south-east africa.... its better; more populated and all.

South Africa is just semi-desert.....

Acroticus
Senator

Postby Acroticus » Wed May 29, 2013 1:13 pm

Halleon wrote:

Looks like the expansions might be a bit small for 50 years...... what do you all think?

My only problem is it looks like Nova was given the Red Sea Gate on both sides and pretty much has a good head start in India. Also I know the Levatine Empire the purple nation in the Middle East didn't really have a active player but wouldn't it had expanded a bit into India or anywhere in that direction? Did the Combined Chinese War with Japan end with the conquest of Korea?

These are mainly questions and not complaints.

As far as Nova's capturing of the Sinai goes, I know that it looks like that, but it is hard to make it look like anything else.... you still have the Suez, if you look closely. And yes, I gave him a decent head start in India. Also, I gave him the gate because, well, I knew where he would go immediately after getting his part of Sinai.

The Levantine did expand eastward, taking part of Pakistan as well as Afghanistan. It also took Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman, and several other countries. (EDIT: I think it moved into these countries.... either way it did expand eastward a good bit..)

The Chinese war ended IC with the taking of Korea....
Last edited by Acroticus on Wed May 29, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jerusalemian
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jerusalemian » Wed May 29, 2013 1:16 pm

Acroticus wrote:
Jerusalemian wrote:ACRO!

I gave you south-east africa.... its better; more populated and all.

South Africa is just semi-desert.....

Okey.
True teaching is not an accumulation of knowledge; it is an awaking of consciousness which goes through successive stages.

Ublia
Senator

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ublia » Wed May 29, 2013 1:18 pm

What's up?!?
A Canadian Green Tory and Nationalist, who loves History, Sci-Fi, Fantasy and is always down to RP

"'Whither is God?' He cried; "I will tell you. We have killed him- you and I.'"- F. Neitzsche, The Gay Science
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.51
Canada, Green and or Red Toryism, Environmentalism, Canadian Nationalism, Neo-Classical Realism
Neutral: Eggplants and Switzerland
Against: Communism, Separatism in Canada, Social Conservatism, Critical Theory (the last few years have been harsh), DESCARTES (don't blame me blame the Meditations)

Acroticus
Senator

Postby Acroticus » Wed May 29, 2013 1:20 pm

Ublia wrote:What's up?!?

50 year reboot!

Halleon
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Halleon » Wed May 29, 2013 1:31 pm

To be fair I'm going to be my own critic for the Archean Empire I think I wouldn't have expanded that much in North Africa, looks like a big chunk of that land is the the Sahara Desert which at least my personal opinion there's not much value in that land unless you love burning hot heat and sand. After Egypt and the North Africa Coast I would have turned my focus on places like Ethiopia or somewhere a little bit more environment friendly and profitable.
Better pass boldly into that other world, in the full glory of some passion, than fade and wither dismally with age. -James Joyce

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”-Abraham Lincoln
"Power is a curious thing...Three great men, a king, a priest, and a rich man. Between them stands a common sellsword. Each great man bids the sellsword kill the other two. Who lives, who dies? Power resides where men believe it resides; it's a trick, a shadow on the wall, and a very small man can cast a very large shadow."

Acroticus
Senator

Postby Acroticus » Wed May 29, 2013 1:32 pm

Halleon wrote:To be fair I'm going to be my own critic for the Archean Empire I think I wouldn't have expanded that much in North Africa, looks like a big chunk of that land is the the Sahara Desert which at least my personal opinion there's not much value in that land unless you love burning hot heat and sand. After Egypt and the North Africa Coast I would have turned my focus on places like Ethiopia or somewhere a little bit more environment friendly and profitable.

Really? I kinda liked the way that looked. Besides, there are a lot of resources in the Sahara. But if you want me to change it.... I will. It will require me to change some of my own land as well.

Jerusalemian
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jerusalemian » Wed May 29, 2013 1:33 pm

Acroticus wrote:
Halleon wrote:To be fair I'm going to be my own critic for the Archean Empire I think I wouldn't have expanded that much in North Africa, looks like a big chunk of that land is the the Sahara Desert which at least my personal opinion there's not much value in that land unless you love burning hot heat and sand. After Egypt and the North Africa Coast I would have turned my focus on places like Ethiopia or somewhere a little bit more environment friendly and profitable.

Really? I kinda liked the way that looked. Besides, there are a lot of resources in the Sahara. But if you want me to change it.... I will. It will require me to change some of my own land as well.

Acro! Give me somalia and take away madagascar :P

Acroticus
Senator

Postby Acroticus » Wed May 29, 2013 1:37 pm

Jerusalemian wrote:
Acroticus wrote:

Acro! Give me somalia and take away madagascar :P

If I give you Somalia, I can't give Hal Somalia/Ethiopia.... more changing.....

Halleon
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Halleon » Wed May 29, 2013 1:37 pm

If you can name the resources then maybe I won't mind controlling so much of this ((look at picture)). I think it would be costing me more then what I'm earning controlling land like that. I will do some reading on it though I might be wrong or be thinking in a biased way towards the Sahara Desert.

Acroticus
Senator

Postby Acroticus » Wed May 29, 2013 1:43 pm

Halleon wrote:If you can name the resources then maybe I won't mind controlling so much of this ((look at picture)). I think it would be costing me more then what I'm earning controlling land like that. I will do some reading on it though I might be wrong or be thinking in a biased way towards the Sahara Desert.

(Image)

It provides salt, oil, ores, and, ironically, water, as there are many oasis in the desert that provides for good trade through the region. If you remember, I had it in the last RP, and it served me well! :lol:

Jerusalemian
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jerusalemian » Wed May 29, 2013 1:44 pm

Acroticus wrote:
Halleon wrote:If you can name the resources then maybe I won't mind controlling so much of this ((look at picture)). I think it would be costing me more then what I'm earning controlling land like that. I will do some reading on it though I might be wrong or be thinking in a biased way towards the Sahara Desert.

(Image)

It provides salt, oil, ores, and, ironically, water, as there are many oasis in the desert that provides for good trade through the region. If you remember, I had it in the last RP, and it served me well! :lol:

I want somalia then :P

Dires
Minister

Founded: Aug 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dires » Wed May 29, 2013 1:45 pm

Acroticus wrote:

(Image)

it's also the world's best wall XD
Role-Plays:

Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.31
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/result/400019/

Halleon
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Halleon » Wed May 29, 2013 1:47 pm

I looked up valuable resources and noticed water was listed then the thought crossed my mind that I bet it is valuable there. :lol:

My main concern is would my Empire's population and military wise be able to support the size of the Empire based on that map?
Last edited by Halleon on Wed May 29, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Acroticus
Senator

Postby Acroticus » Wed May 29, 2013 1:49 pm

Halleon wrote:I looked up valuable resources and noticed water was listed then the thought crossed my mind that I bet it is valuable there. :lol:

My main concern is would my Empire's population and military wise being able to support the size of the Empire based on that map?

I would think so. If Belgium could own all of the Congo.... and Portugal could own Brazil....

Halleon
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Halleon » Wed May 29, 2013 1:52 pm

Acroticus wrote:
Halleon wrote:I looked up valuable resources and noticed water was listed then the thought crossed my mind that I bet it is valuable there. :lol:

My main concern is would my Empire's population and military wise being able to support the size of the Empire based on that map?

I would think so. If Belgium could own all of the Congo.... and Portugal could own Brazil....

Belgium didn't do all that great with the Congo in my personal opinion and Portugal did do great with Brazil I just don't want to have to put down colony revolts and bleed myself dry. Don't worry about changing the map for me it works enough and editing the map will be a pain, did we gain a Mayan/Mexico Player?

Acroticus
Senator

Postby Acroticus » Wed May 29, 2013 1:57 pm

Halleon wrote:
Acroticus wrote:

Belgium didn't do all that great with the Congo in my personal opinion and Portugal did do great with Brazil I just don't want to have to put down colony revolts and bleed myself dry. Don't worry about changing the map for me it works enough and editing the map will be a pain, did we gain a Mayan/Mexico Player?

I made two new players in the New World, since lots of people want to be from there..... so we are looking for two new players.

Jerusalemian
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jerusalemian » Wed May 29, 2013 1:58 pm

Somalia! :U

Acroticus
Senator

Postby Acroticus » Wed May 29, 2013 2:02 pm

There you are Jer! You are now officially on both Nova's and Ublia's hit list :p :p :p

Jerusalemian
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jerusalemian » Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 pm

There you are Jer! You are now officially on both Nova's and Ublia's hit list :p :p :p

UBLIA IS MAH FRIEND!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse