NATION

PASSWORD

Lord of The Rings: A New Threat [IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Thu May 09, 2013 5:59 pm

Siglor stopped and turned around, "Yes that is right, Gondor is no longer what it seems. I fear a great evil has taken control of the king there like your king at one point. We may need a wizard to help us. but I know of none around here and I believe they are all dead. But I could be wrong about that. You dwarf need to relax and prepare for the fellowship. We have a year to do damage before the invasion force comes into Gondor and attacks Minas Tirith." Then he continued to walk to his quarters.
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

Fowlick
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fowlick » Thu May 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Clori followed Siglor."I do not fall under Dwarvish law. I represent the Enten race. I hope to ensure that you will not send people to try to persuade them into this war."Clori said with a stomp."I will go if I must, but I hope to keep the entfolk safe."
I thought I could do this again, but I have too much on my plate. I have to actually give up on this. Sorry everyone.

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Thu May 09, 2013 6:04 pm

Fowlick wrote:Clori followed Siglor."I do not fall under Dwarvish law. I represent the Enten race. I hope to ensure that you will not send people to try to persuade them into this war."Clori said with a stomp."I will go if I must, but I hope to keep the entfolk safe."

"I thought ents were dead. Apparently the elders were wrong about that. I do not see the benefit of having walking trees in a army that could just shot flaming arrows at them. So yes, you will have to go, I will not come upon the ents to help us. They only helped keep the white wizard in his tower." Said Siglor as he continued to walk and entered the Last Homely House.
[/floatright][floatleft]

Fowlick
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fowlick » Thu May 09, 2013 6:07 pm

"THEY DID NOT ONLY DO THAT!"Clori yelled after Siglor as he continued to follow."They wiped out the Uruk-Hai spawns. They ended the industrialization and deforestation of the area. If it wasn't for them, Eriador would be completely under Saruman's control, and Sauron would still be about, wreaking havoc among us!"
I thought I could do this again, but I have too much on my plate. I have to actually give up on this. Sorry everyone.

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Thu May 09, 2013 6:17 pm

Fowlick wrote:"THEY DID NOT ONLY DO THAT!"Clori yelled after Siglor as he continued to follow."They wiped out the Uruk-Hai spawns. They ended the industrialization and deforestation of the area. If it wasn't for them, Eriador would be completely under Saruman's control, and Sauron would still be about, wreaking havoc among us!"

"Still, they didn't help as much as any of the other did. They wanted to hide and they will keep their hiding places. I will not call upon them I would rather send my own men than to send those who wont help us to war and get themselves killed. So back off dwarf. Prepare for the journey for it will be a long one through moria and to Gondor. I would advise you do it now we will leave very soon." Said Siglor then he walked inside.

Surdian, Surdian's Fortress

Surdian was sitting on this throne once again, he decided to contact his ally once again to see what the report was on the raid team's status for his end. Then he walked up to the Palantir and thought, Anarher, you may begin to raid small towns in Gondor. But I do not want them to know how organized we are. If they learn that then they will all turn on us, what is the strength of your army right now? I will be sending raiding parties out to attack villages on the border of Gondor.
[/floatright][floatleft]

Fowlick
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fowlick » Thu May 09, 2013 7:16 pm

Clori just waited by the door for the elf. He had been ready for a longer journey anyway. If they were going into Moria then he could restock there.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Thu May 09, 2013 7:32 pm

Anarher felt the Palantir transmit Surdian's thoughts, and he silently responded. I am not in Nargothrond, so I cannot give you an exact number. However, I estimate that my forces contain roughly ten thousand Uruks and five hundreds Haradrim. I have dispatched a small Mumak/Warg party to begin raiding Gondorian towns. Hopefully the Gondorians will blame the attacks on the elves and force both sides into a war neither is ready for. Anarher cleared his throat and stood up. "The Istari are all-but gone from Arda, so finding a wizard is not an option. However, I am powerful and well-versed in the ancient arts, including those Gandalf The Grey and Saruman of Many Colours studied. I can fulfill the role of a wizard, if needed." He explained. "I am also a Maiar of Aule, my skill in the forge was only surpassed by Lord Sauron, Feanor and Aule himself. If needed to I could create any magical object the Fellowship needs. Which brings me to a grave matter. The destruction of the One Ring and the beginning of the Fourth Age was the beginning of the end. Men will become the undisputed rulers of Arda, the Elves will eventually all return to the Undying lands, and the power of Maiar such as I will fade. Sauron sought to preserve his power in the One Ring. While the One Ring was obviously a horrible weapon with destructive power beyond reckoning, we too must search for a way to preserve our power. Mark my words, Gondor's expansion is just the beginning."
Signatures are so 2014.

Jetan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 07, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jetan » Fri May 10, 2013 12:26 am

Warning bells started ringing in Forhols head at the mention of Saruman of Many colours. While he wasn't old enough to have seen the War of the Ring himself, he had studied it. "Saruman of the Many Colours? Why do you honour the traitor with that title? He does not deserve the recognition. He betrayed all the peoples of Middle-Earth to the Shadow."
Second Finn, after Imm
........Геть Росію.........
Україна вільна і єдина
From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me.
Beholder's Lair - a hobby blog
32 years old, patriotic Finnish guy interested in history. Hobbies include miniatures, all kinds of games, books, anime and manga.
Always open to TGs. Pro/Against

Ceterum autem censeo Putinem esse delendum

Fowlick
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fowlick » Fri May 10, 2013 3:19 am

Theoden II stood in front of Forhols. "You must realize that before the Dark Lord turned him, he was a great wizard who had a level mind. The dark lord changed his mind. Believe me, from the reports I heard it seems that if Sauron could have, he would have turned all the Wizards."

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Personal Freedom » Fri May 10, 2013 4:14 am

Fowlick wrote:Theoden II stood in front of Forhols. "You must realize that before the Dark Lord turned him, he was a great wizard who had a level mind. The dark lord changed his mind. Believe me, from the reports I heard it seems that if Sauron could have, he would have turned all the Wizards."

"Aye, tis true. He would of turned us all if we let him. At least that is how I heard it when I was wee. He had the power to do it too. Gondor will not. There is no sorcery in Gondor."
Last edited by Personal Freedom on Fri May 10, 2013 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Fri May 10, 2013 4:35 am

"Yes, and you will notice that I did not call him by his former title, Saruman the White. Saruman of Many Colours was the title he gave himself after his betrayal, and I call him that name in much the same way I would call Sauron "The Enemy". Besides that, he was wise before he abandoned reason for madness, and he was no more "evil" at the start than any other wizard. Even Gandalf the Grey was tempted by the ring, to use it for good, though he was wise enough to refuse it every time it was offered to him. Let us return to the topic at hand. I am wise in the ways of forging and metalcraft, the most powerful magic in Arda is stored within jewels and metal by skilled craftsman. Remember the Silmarils, crafted by Feanor, or the Elven rings that would have preserved the Elves forever if not for the Enemy's secret forging of his own ring, or the technology of ancient Numenor, boats that could sail against the wind and metal arrows that flew over the horizon. We need to create something, something with the ability to postpone the complete dominion of Men, and I can do that." Anarher said, sitting.
Signatures are so 2014.

Fowlick
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fowlick » Fri May 10, 2013 4:39 am

"Bold Maiar. You forget that you are in such company that you wish to destroy."Theoden II said with his hand on the hilt of his sword."I hope you recant your statement and replace it with a more specific term that does not condemn all man kind."

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat May 11, 2013 11:31 am

Fowlick wrote:"Bold Maiar. You forget that you are in such company that you wish to destroy."Theoden II said with his hand on the hilt of his sword."I hope you recant your statement and replace it with a more specific term that does not condemn all man kind."

"I don't wish you any harm. I just do not want the other races to all sail to the West or die out while Men conquer the world, a fate that is more likely than you would think. It started in the War of The Ring with the waning of Lothlorien's power and the last march of the Ents, but we can and must stop it before everything mysterious and strange in this world is reduced to mere Mannish myth and legend." Anarher explained, trying to calm Théoden down. Despite this, he had one hand on his metal staff, in case a fight broke out.
Signatures are so 2014.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Personal Freedom » Mon May 13, 2013 11:30 am

Utceforp wrote:
Fowlick wrote:"Bold Maiar. You forget that you are in such company that you wish to destroy."Theoden II said with his hand on the hilt of his sword."I hope you recant your statement and replace it with a more specific term that does not condemn all man kind."

"I don't wish you any harm. I just do not want the other races to all sail to the West or die out while Men conquer the world, a fate that is more likely than you would think. It started in the War of The Ring with the waning of Lothlorien's power and the last march of the Ents, but we can and must stop it before everything mysterious and strange in this world is reduced to mere Mannish myth and legend." Anarher explained, trying to calm Théoden down. Despite this, he had one hand on his metal staff, in case a fight broke out.

"Hey now, calm down. There are future ages to come. Ages we have not predicted yet to occur. Humanity will have his glory, but like everyone else though, it will not be infinite. After the Age of Man it is someone else's. Now, let us stop our bickering. It will be a tragic day when we all are reduced to legend because we can't stop bickering amongst ourselves in the heat of jeopardy."
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Setinel
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Setinel » Mon May 13, 2013 2:04 pm

Helio walked down the waterside by the loud river. He had spent several days following it towards riven dale. He heard passer by talking of a Great War and evil in the north for which he cared not. He lived in the woods. It was all he cared about. He continued down the river to a tree. He sat under it, pulling out some food from his last hunting trip. He finished eating then continued following the river east.

After a few more minutes he finally reached a steep drop. Over it he could see rivendale. He walked around the cliff to the end where he could see the gates to the city.
98% of all NS users would cry if they had to read a lot to understand an RP, regardless of how good it was. If you're one of the 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Fowlick
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fowlick » Mon May 13, 2013 2:08 pm

Theoden II huffed and sighed. "I will cooperate as long as we have no negativity towards a race due to one kingdoms actions."

Setinel
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Setinel » Mon May 13, 2013 2:28 pm

Fowlick wrote:Theoden II huffed and sighed. "I will cooperate as long as we have no negativity towards a race due to one kingdoms actions."

Helio watched as several figures bickered below. He decided to get a closer view, sliding down the rock, leaping over obstacles gracefully. He rushed dead silent to a wall listening in on the conversation hoping he hadn't been seen.
98% of all NS users would cry if they had to read a lot to understand an RP, regardless of how good it was. If you're one of the 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Jetan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 07, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jetan » Mon May 13, 2013 3:15 pm

"I agree with King Theoden. The entire line of Man cannot be held responsible for the actions of the mad king in Gondor." Forhol said. After speaking, he stopped to listen, loosened his bow so it could be made ready quickly and put his hand on his sword. He then added: "We are being watched."
Second Finn, after Imm
........Геть Росію.........
Україна вільна і єдина
From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me.
Beholder's Lair - a hobby blog
32 years old, patriotic Finnish guy interested in history. Hobbies include miniatures, all kinds of games, books, anime and manga.
Always open to TGs. Pro/Against

Ceterum autem censeo Putinem esse delendum

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Mon May 13, 2013 3:32 pm

Jetan wrote:"I agree with King Theoden. The entire line of Man cannot be held responsible for the actions of the mad king in Gondor." Forhol said. After speaking, he stopped to listen, loosened his bow so it could be made ready quickly and put his hand on his sword. He then added: "We are being watched."

Anarher stood up as well, he had heard the noise clearly. "There is someone or something here that was not invited to this meeting. I will peer into the Unseen and see if I can find this uninvited guest." Anarher suddenly turned and stared at Helio, through a wall. Like the Noldor Galadriel, Anarher stared into the elf's mind. Unlike Galadriel, Anarher's question was demanding and filled with anger. what are you doing here?! Show yourself!
Signatures are so 2014.

Setinel
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Setinel » Mon May 13, 2013 5:34 pm

Utceforp wrote:
Jetan wrote:"I agree with King Theoden. The entire line of Man cannot be held responsible for the actions of the mad king in Gondor." Forhol said. After speaking, he stopped to listen, loosened his bow so it could be made ready quickly and put his hand on his sword. He then added: "We are being watched."

Anarher stood up as well, he had heard the noise clearly. "There is someone or something here that was not invited to this meeting. I will peer into the Unseen and see if I can find this uninvited guest." Anarher suddenly turned and stared at Helio, through a wall. Like the Noldor Galadriel, Anarher stared into the elf's mind. Unlike Galadriel, Anarher's question was demanding and filled with anger. what are you doing here?! Show yourself!

Helio just stood. Fear filled his mind. In all his life his biggest fear had been to return to society. That fear, had become reality. He slowly stepped out from behind the wall. Shaking.

Fowlick
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fowlick » Mon May 13, 2013 5:41 pm

Theoden saw the young elf and he went over to look at him up and down."What is your state? Are you well?"He said with eyes that seemed cold yet warm at the same time.

Araknius
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Araknius » Mon May 13, 2013 5:42 pm

Waking up Allora looked around the small empty room. Another boring day. She stood up, getting dressed in armor and clothes for hunting later that afternoon after breakfast. She strode to the kitchen. After finishing she left for the woods. On the way she saw the delegates. Each was armed and staring at a young elf whom she didn't recognize. They seemed hostile. She walked up asking "what's going on here?"

Setinel
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Setinel » Mon May 13, 2013 5:44 pm

Fowlick wrote:Theoden saw the young elf and he went over to look at him up and down."What is your state? Are you well?"He said with eyes that seemed cold yet warm at the same time.

Helio was glad at least one seemed freindly but the others still worried him. He responded with a shaky fearful "fine."

He was confused as to who the girl was with, or if she was with anyone at all.

Fowlick
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fowlick » Mon May 13, 2013 5:46 pm

"Are you chilled friend?"Theoden II asked putting a hand on his shoulder."Do you need to sit down and get something to eat and drink?"

Setinel
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Setinel » Mon May 13, 2013 5:50 pm

Fowlick wrote:"Are you chilled friend?"Theoden II asked putting a hand on his shoulder."Do you need to sit down and get something to eat and drink?"

Helio wasn't sure what to do. They seemed friendly but he knew from past experience how easy others could lie. He shuddered putting his hand to his lost eye, remembering the thief who ripped it out.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse