NATION

PASSWORD

Fires of the Old Republic-IC-Invite Only

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Fri May 10, 2013 5:32 am

Dromund Kaas

Dark Citadel

Darth Krujas had asked the Chiss Lieutenant Advisor for updates for a few minutes more before dismissing the Alien; While he normally expressed disgust at aliens he couldn’t help but acknowledge the pure and raw effectiveness of Chiss tactics. They were a master at adaptive tactics and camouflaged strikes. After that had been completed he had seen several more varying individuals from high ranking Imperial Admirals to mercenaries the Empire was bringing into this offensive.

However after the final meeting concluded he wasn’t pleased; from what he had learned the Imperial Forces were in even rougher shape then he had been hearing; While he had won a string of very needed victories for the Empire throughout the Outer rim it seemed the Imperial Forces were just slowly being whittled down and destroyed one sector task group at a time. He would correct that; By the time the Republic could mobilize to target the fleet they would be in orbit over Curoscant again.

His musings however were interrupted as he sat mediating by a informing via holo terminal that he had another visitor; a Spy Master apparently from Imperial Intelligence. as he rose however and responded he wasn’t wearing his normal dark sith robes instead he was wearing his Plastoid Battle Armor with the Cortosis interwoven in to the Chest Piece, Greaves and Gauntlets. The Material wasn’t heavy but the armor was extremely stable and durable; it had a matte black finish and streaks of Cortosis ore running through it gave it an almost sparkling finish.

However instead of meeting the reported spy master within his quarters he thought he would make a show of it and improve the soldiers outside morale; while Dromund Kaas was a long way from the sight of the Empire’s Defeats the majority were aware it hadn’t been looking well since Illum and Malgus’s Betrayal even if several outer rim worlds belonged to they had lost the Stealth Fleet, their presence on the planet and even senior Level Sith Commander; Darth Artho who had been appointed to replace the now slain Baras upon the Council.

With a flick of his wrist he opened the chamber doors and began marching towards the main room where he had been informed Javen was currently still waiting.

He arrived promptly in fact the entire room was a roar of activity went silent with his arrivals his boots striking thunderously across the Ferracrete stonework as he marched towards the spy master. An Aura of confidence and contained rage and blood lust was premating throughout the Sith’s Body. The Darkside surrounded him like a shroud; While he had never been a sorcerer or an accomplished alchemist he had always been strong within the Darkside.

“Indeed you have Orders Jekyll; I was told to expect you some time again. I was informed you have operations and holdings within the Outer rim Yes? The Dark Council Told me you would be of some assistance when they recommended I use you; But this can wait a moment longer.”

“Kneel.” He Commanded the Man as he finished approach and now stood just a few steps away from; His stance was relaxed, confident and bore the weight for both his armor and form however that was merely a posture; Beneath such base telling things he was prepared to destroy any hint of disobedience to the Sith. Since Malgus some within the Imperial Military thought it was fine for them to forsake the centuries and centuries of Tradition of Sith leading Men into battle.

His eyes however were scanning the room; his ability to sense emotion and thought through the force was undeveloped but he was skilled enough to sense relief throughout the room; Apparently they thought he had killed the captain an hour or so prior out of spite or petty vengeance in truth the captain had been informing him that this offensive was doomed to failure and the empire had lost this war.

He wouldn’t allow such treason.
National Imperialist-Freedom Party

Proud member of the stone wall alliance

Agent Maine: of NSG's Official Project Freelancer

[Fires of the Old Republic Role Play]http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=239203

Damak Var
Senator

Founded: May 07, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Damak Var » Fri May 10, 2013 6:33 am

Jekyll Javen
Dromund Kaas
Dark Citadel

Whoever this Darth Krujas was, he was running quite an efficient operation. His underlings worked with speed, purpose and a look of fear in their eyes. It reminded Jekyll of his own operations center on Taris. Although not without the same aura of fear. Jekyll preferred it that way, feeling his underlings would be more effective. He liked room for creativity and innovation instead of keeping to a rigid set of duties.

He looked around with curiosity, hands behind his back. The Imperial Intelligence uniform brought on a few terrified looks as well. Darth Krujas's minions were probably expecting an arrest for treason or what not. No doubt they had seen in the past, Imperial Intelligence come in to put a black bag over some pour soul's head and make them disappear forever.

As Darth Krujas approached Jekyll made a slight bow out of courtesy, hands behind his back. He did not know if this Sith was capable of sensing emotion. Not that it mattered because Jekyll always remained cold. But to make sure he began playing a game of pazaak in his head. Beneath the pointless thoughts lay what he was really pondering.

When Darth Krujas told him to kneel Jekyll closed the distance between them standing face to face with the Sith Lord.

"I believe you have been mislead Darth Krujas. I have not been assigned to your command. It is only the Minister of Intelligence, the Dark Council and the Emperor himself that I answer to. You do not fall in any category. My assistance in your endeavors shall come only in the form of a partnership, not as master and servant. If this does not satisfy you then I suggest taking the matter up with the Dark Council. I am sure they can find some way to placate you." Jekyll searched his eyes for a moment. He had seen the same rage before in many Sith. Behind his own eyes was not insolence or defiance, only cold logic. It was an affordable gamble. Darth Krujas seemed to be a man who respected a show a strength and lack of fear. Plus Jekyll had operated with autonomy for so long he was not going to start grovelling to this man. Some Sith were still prone to outbursts. To hedge his bet Jekyll had his toxic dart launcher ready up his sleeve. In any case he could always bargain for his life with the antidote. The other hand gripped a thermal grenade in his back pocket with his thumb laying over the detonator. Threatening to blow this place to hell would be another option.

"It does not take the force to know what youre thinking. You want to reach out and throttle me. Draw your lightsaber and slice of my head. Just like they taught you on Korriban. I suppose you could...but the Dark Council will not be pleased that you just killed off their most effective intelligence agent, I assure you." Jekyll gave him a quizzical look while lowering his mental guard. It allowed Darth Krujas to sense that Jekyll was not bluffing. This was the truth of the matter. He immediately raised it again.
Last edited by Damak Var on Fri May 10, 2013 7:03 am, edited 5 times in total.

JAYMALL LAND
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby JAYMALL LAND » Fri May 10, 2013 8:43 am

War Room

I follow the Commander into a room, as I walk in this appears to be no ordinary room it was huge. It had a giant star map of the universe in the center, many strategists who appear to have worked around the clock, and 3 other supervisors. The commander goes to the center of the room then he approaches the star map. Once then he looks at a Astronomic droid and nods, he inserts his component in and turns it. Almost instantly the map disappears and my picture appears, so this is my file wait those are pictures of me from during the war why do they have these?

"You see Master Jedi everything that you have been through was to prepare you for this coming mission". "What do you mean by everything?". "You see this was a plan that was in the making for years". "Years...? may I ask what that is" "Its no big deal, in fact all you have to do is assassinate the Dark Lord of the Sith".

As soon as I heard those words my heart dropped, all these years my only purpose was to be a weapon for the republic. I would be grateful of this job if it wasn't so rediculas, im just a Jedi Master with medical experience. I hardly have any combat experience and now they want me to kill the most powerful sith alive? Im starting to think the Jedi counsel just wants me dead.

"I think you have the wrong guy, the person your looking for has probably had years of combat experience im not your guy". "Wrong person have you ever wondered why the counsel has ignored your talents, why you got stuck with a troubled padawan, and why you flew here on a cargo ship. You see we were creating the perfect specimen to "convert" to the dark side, we wanted you to build up your hate and release it, you see the sith tend to notice jedi like you and they take advantage of it". "And that's what your planning on happening isn't it". "See now your getting the idea, were sending Lt. Molans squad to "secede" with you they will be targeting other points of interest, your only target is the Dark lord".

Its cleaver, so cleaver it could work "Ill do it how long until we set off". "2 Days get packed the LT will be happy to go into details with you, and you should let your padawan know shes going to". We exchange glances and then I head off with Molan were going to talk about it with Chir' da.
Reform Party Member
Senator Jamal Omar, PhD
Philadelphia Eagles Fan
I believe theirs a god above me I'm just the god of everything else.
'If babies had guns they wouldn't be aborted.' -Rep. Stockman

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Fri May 10, 2013 10:53 am

Dromund Kaas

Dark Citadel

“I serve the Council as do we all…But know this Intelligence Agent. I will brook no disrespect; Useful tool or no you are nothing compared to the power of the force… and such disrespect to the Commander of this offensive will not be tolerated. But I do like the attitude it will serve you well once the war comes again.”

The Dark Lord glanced at the man he studied him intently for a moment his calculating and appraising eyes staring unblinkingly.
Krujas flicked his cowl back; his once firm and flowing Jet Black hair was withered and thinning and his scalp like the rest of his body was showing the steady and continued signs of darkside corruption. His eyes narrowed into slits nearly at the foolishness of this man. Did he forget how the empire worked? Every one Served the Sith from the highest Admiral to Grand Moff’s they all bowed before the Sith. This disillusionment with the Sith Control of society had been eating away at the moral fabric of the empire in the Years since the supposed death of the Emperor and the fall of the traitor Malgus.

But he could see the man had a point but still the lack of respect for Ceremony annoyed him; When one met a dark lord of the Sith…For a moment he considered if the spy ever met the Emperor would he show the same disrespect? Somehow he doubted it but despite his position he supposed he didn’t warrant such ceremony despite his decades of service and contributions to their society and empire.

“Your information is a bit incorrect my friend. I was trained before the Academy was refounded I like a thousand Generations before myself am the product of our trainers here on the capital. Do I seem like some sniveling acolyte? My Master…My initial master died decades ago he died before the Great War even broke out.”

“I fought in it you know…I suppose I wasn’t worthy of imperial intelligences attention at the time so its understandable you aren’t familiar with the subject matter. Short version I was at the sacking of Curoscant, I fought in the Campaign at Alderaan beforehand…So Yes I was under Malgus for most of the initial war but after that treaty was signed…Well I was given command of a patrol fleet and spent the majority of my time securing trade routes to and from the capital.”

The Dark Lord stared casually at the man his stance was relaxed and his footwork wasn’t placed in an awkward angle to prevent rapid movement but he wasn’t projecting an aura of hostility any longer.

“Would you do It I wonder? I also wonder if my armor would stop the blast…my skills at telepathy are remedial at best but I can read body language and I noticed the hand within the pocket. Grenade I suspect…Deadman switch if your smart and you seem like it. But even if you succeeded the ambition would gain you nothing…You would be dead as well if the grenade is strong enough to destroy my life then it certainly is more than enough for your own.”

After a moment passed the Dark Lord of the Sith reached down to his belt and Withdrew his lightsaber the angular blade slid through his hand as he gazed downward at the blade’s housing inspecting it for faults.

“You said you had been informed by the Dark Council to meet with me?” He spoke aloud his eyes never leaving his blade but he was aware of ever singular breath the man across from him took.

“What do they wish? I have already prepared to assume command and the fleet is gathering as they instructed. If you have new orders or information relay it…If you have any information as to the initial target of the fleet I would be curious as Marr has not yet named a target.”

“I will select the target upon the initial disembarking if none is provided…I can think of a few places in the mid rim that would be ripe for invasion if the intelligence community is to be believed. And it would provide ample staging ground for the invasion of the core regions once again.”

[Fires of the Old Republic Role Play]http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=239203

Damak Var
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Damak Var » Fri May 10, 2013 4:04 pm

Dromund Kaas
Dark Citadel

Darth Krujas warned him about respect and duty. Jekyll took it seriously. With all his support from the Dark Council, Darth Krujas would still be well within his rights to kill him if he took the insolence any further. Nothing would protect him then.

Jekyll took out the thermal grenade from his pocket and showed it to the Sith Lord while disarming it. "If I go down it would be satisfying to take my enemies with me. But I have no plans to martyr myself anytime soon if that was what you were wondering." He said while returning it.

"I was informed to meet with you and assist in your endeavors where I can. Something I am willing to do." Jekyll turned to the screens and walked over to what was a map of the galaxy.

"I am not here to dictate your actions on behalf of the Dark Council or Imperial Intelligence, only support whichever course of action you wish to take." He said blandly while studying the map. "As far as potential targets it is just a matter of what you wish. Securing Taris would be strategic. The planet is close to Dromund Kaas and could serve as a base for the Republic should they ever wish to strike at our homeworld. It would be a good start to cover your bases. Not such an ambitious target either. Easily accomplished with what I see you mobilizing at the moment."

Jekyll then pointed towards Ilum. "We have been pouring resources into Ilum for years now without gaining a significant foothold. A victory there would be a significant morale boost and strategically beneficial as well. But you might suffer the same fate as your predecessors. Or perhaps not..."

He zoomed in on the hologram, enlarging Ilum. Jekyll began plugging in different coordinates by memory. They blinked on the map. "Illum is not ripe for conquest, yet it can be done. A single shield generator protects the Republic's four major ground cannons. Our efforts there have managed to destroy the shield generators and the Republic has not had the ability to replace them yet. The cannons are enough to tear up your capital ships."

Jekyll began plugging in more coordinates. A new dot blinked on the planet map. "Fortunately I know where this shield generator is. The Dark Council has asked me to withhold this information until something can be done about it. Less the Republic SIS find out we know and adapt their situation on Illum. I reason that time is now. My suggestion is that you wait until I can disable it with a strike team. Warp in with the fleet afterwards and hit the cannons right away. Have the ground forces launch an offensive. You will then be in a position to support the ground forces with an orbital bombardment."
Last edited by Damak Var on Fri May 10, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Fri May 10, 2013 4:35 pm

Dromund Kaas

Dark Citadel

The Dark Lord turned his gaze from the intelligence agent and then back to him as he spotted the Chiss lieutenant and did a nod apparently his adjutant had overheard their disagreement. But the intelligence officer seemed more focused now. He even seemed to abandon his initial hostility and conceit perhaps that was merely projected when he was reminded of the way the Empire worked? A non force user however gifted would never rise as far or as quickly as one that possessed the gift. After another few seconds of inspecting his lightsaber and finding it satisfactory he gave a nod.

The Dark Lord after finishing his inspection of his weapon again returned it to his belt and gazed at the intelligence agent; while he hadn’t been looking at the man while he had been explaining he had been listening and listening intently at that. And the man raised valid points and even offered him information he hadn’t been aware of but…Illum the very mention of the Planet made him disquiet.

The birth place of Malgus’s Rebellion, The loss of the Crystal Stealth Fleet and the death place of Dark Councilor Artho. The world had been a costly mistake and here the agent was suggesting the Empire try once again…While admittedly he viewed it as possible to neutralize the majority of the republic presence on the world in a surprise assault he also viewed it as a potentially lethal gamble. For himself or even the Empire if they lost their once again however kept his private musings to himself and projected a veneer of authority and confidence.

“Ah and here I was thinking you might not be useful…Taris is a subject of note I admit; While the republic’s efforts at recolonizing and repopulating the planet have failed utterly and their attempts at cleaning up the mess left over from our forebear Malak likewise failed they still maintain a presence.”

He gazed at the Galaxy map as he slowly approached it, his arms crossing behind his back as he stared at the collection of Planets being projected from the emitter array.

“But Illum…I do believe the rebuilding of the Stealth Fleet to be a bit premature given the state of Imperial Military resources but Yes…I must admit the desire to avenge the injustice done there against the Empire is compelling. But we must we cautious with Ilum the republic sent everything it had at us there and for good reason if we captured it we would win and they knew that.”
His eyes narrowed and his nostrils flared as he continued to speak; his tone was raising.

“We underestimated them; we have already lost much in this war and it is only now beginning in earnest, our greatest general, weapon project after weapon project…Too many Darth’s for me to personally keep track off and we continue to lose more daily but Ilum! That was where things began this downward spiral for us it was where that TRAITOR Malgus unveiled his “New Empire.” At the Mention of Malgus his tone had literally carried a charge with force flowing through it shaking the very ground of the citadel in his Rage.

“But if we can do it…We can resume the construction of the Crystal Fleet for as long as that damn rock will hold together and when it finally shatters the Republic loses its Jedi a source of Crystals and Stronghold they have spent a fortune maintaining and garrisoning there and we lose little to nothing.” The Dark Lords eyes were literally glimmering with rage the air itself seemed to shimmer around the man.

“Very well we will secure Taris once the Fleet is fully assembled and then? Then we are going to Illum to Finish what so many began and never saw done. For every Imperial Slain on that rock we shall have revenge and for every fallen Sith the republic shall lose a Jedi.” The Dark Lord Pledged as he did a nod.

“I trust you can provide intelligence for the fleet for both targets?” The Dark Lord questioned as he turned to regard the Intel Officer once again.

New Aksarben
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Fri May 10, 2013 4:36 pm

Maghrl - Padawan
Coruscant

Maghrl looked around the room he was in bewildered. It looked nothing like the place he had nodded off in. He would be very reluctant to admit to other Jedi that meditating quite honestly bored him. That was one reason he had such a difficult time connecting with the Living Force. He always seemed to fall asleep before he could connect. He tried to connect, but never managed to. It supremely frustrated Maghrl, as he knew that he could to it, but never had been able to.

Turning his attention again to the room he was in, Maghrl observed that things looked.... for lack of a better word, like they weren't quite there. That fact alone was strange, but it still seemed real to Maghrl. It was obviously a bedroom of some kind, as he saw a bed, bookcase, and several other items that would be located in a bedroom. It looked surprisingly familiar, but at the same time Maghrl couldn't think of any time during his life that he had been in this room. He continued scanning the room, and froze when he saw something extremely familiar....

It was that padawan he had discovered. She was alive, and meditating. Maghrl padded over to her, and waved his hand in front of her face. She didn't react in the slightest, which confused Maghrl. She looked like she was in deep concentration, but at the same time she was serene. To the Squib padawan, it looked like nothing could harm her, deep within the Temple(which he had realized was the location he was in), in her safe and peaceful room. Maghrl just watched for a time.

Then, something horrible happened. An explosion shook the Temple, knocking several things off the wall and tables. The Padawan shot up, only to be knocked back down into a sitting position by several more explosions. The largest one yet knocks loose a tile from the ceiling, which falls and smacks the human padawan square in her temple, instantly knocking her out.

At the same moment, The world became black to Maghrl, only to reappear a few seconds later with a few notable changes. The room was much more damaged, and the door was bent and buckled under the weight of the rocks preventing it's movement. The padawan was curled against the wall, meditating again. Maghrl could tell however that she was dying. Her head was bleeding profusely, and she was shaking from the weakness caused through blood loss. Then she suddenly shuddered, and went limp. Maghrl looked away from the now deceased padawan.

Again everything changed. Maghrl saw the girls ghost kindly smiling at him. She didn't say anything, but held up her lightsaber. It then floated through the air towards Maghrl, who took it as it neared him. The blade appeared with a hissing sound, the brilliant orange hue of the blade amazing Maghrl. Then the padawan spoke, "Maghrl, I know that I never met you, but thank you for making sure that the rest of the Jedi know where I died. I can get a proper funeral, and be fully at rest. I want you to have my lightsaber as thanks."

Maghrl looked at her, a bit surprised. She began to fade away, before Maghrl could respond. He then suddenly woke up, with a loud gasp. He began breathing deeply, trying to process what just happened. Maghrl then realized that whole thing had been a vision from the Force, but too stunned to do anything but stare at the dirty, grimy, and damaged lightsaber in his paws.
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

Damak Var
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Damak Var » Fri May 10, 2013 5:54 pm

Jekyll Javen
Dromund Kaas
Dark Citadel

By putting away the lightsaber Jekyll reasoned that Darth Krujas now could see his usefulness. It was the only way he would ingratiate himself with the Dark Lord anyways. The man did have a good point. Illum was a gamble. Another defeat there would be the epitome of shame and disaster. Not that Jekyll had much at stake. If the operation was a failure then the whole thing would be his disgrace. Disabling the shield generator would be a difficult and Jekyll would have to be part of the strike team. There was no lack of confidence that he could do his part. The rest was up to Krujas.

"I understand how failure on Illum would be a disaster for the Empire. But we are losing this war. The Empire has lost the momentum long ago. While the Republic still has more resources, more men. We cannot win a war of attrition. Something must be done to get us running again and I am skeptical of using conventional strategies." Jekyll reasoned. By all rights they were losing. A new offensive had to begin with shock and awe. Yet taking the Republic head on would invite a catastrophe.

"My idea would not be to rebuild the Stealth Fleet. Well not right away at least. As you said the last time the Republic sent everything they had at us. If we can capture the planet most like they will do so again to retake it. Much of the Republic Fleet will be at one place at one time. If you can conjure a trap for them this could be our opportunity to cripple their forces. It would give the Empire some breathing room at least. Or use the opportunity to strike somewhere else that will be lightly defended as they redirect the bulk of their forces towards Illum." The plan was ambitious but it was exactly what he would do. How exactly, he did not know. But the opportunity was something that they could not ignore.

The Sith Empire concerned themselves with holding too many worlds at once in the past war keeping their forces spread thin. Instead, Jekyll believed the focus should be on striking at critical locations when they could then disappearing. Destabilize their strength without taking too many losses of their own. At least until the playing field was leveled and a more methodical approach could be accomplished.

"Taris is where I run my operations from. I shall head there first and send you all the data I have on the world from their. Troops movements, bases, battery locations....the works. I'll set my agents to begin disabling what defense systems I before you arrive. With your leave I shall depart now." Jekyll bowed waiting for an answer.
Last edited by Damak Var on Fri May 10, 2013 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Fri May 10, 2013 7:29 pm

Dromund Kaas

Dark Citadel

“We won…We came on top of the previous war by feinting and seizing the advantage but the Republic is weary of such tactics now; Should we attempt to draw in the majority of their forces we must maintain forces to hold such attention for as long as needed.” He crossed his arms and shut down the galaxy map with a subtle nudge of the force.

Darth Krujas Eyed the Intelligence Agent the man had a talent that much was obvious but it was clear that this would be a much larger risk to the commander of the Offensive then to Javen himself but too had its advantages. If Illum could be taken at least in part like he proposed then it would catch the Republic Off Balance that much was true but if this offensive was to be nothing but a trap then where would the true target be.

He pondered that for a moment as he continued to think upon the subject.

“The Stealth fleet would be a major boon but it would take too long for us to hold the planet for the construction of yet another one. However if we could produce but a handful of ships with that technology we can take back a few sectors if we lay on enough pressure in the mid and outer rim they will be forced to be deploy the coreward forces and then we can defeat them in detail or attack another target.”
He began to pace as the tactician within him began to think strategy and tactics.

“We will need to defeat their Navy at some point or another but…You are right they were many times larger then our own before this war even started again…Now that we are in such a reduced capacity it would be even more difficult but if we lure their into a trap and destroy the republic core fleets utterly?

“We can take the capital…Can you imagine that? No suing for peace; No Years of build up for yet another conflict finally after more than a millennia a sith could sit upon the throne in this galaxy.”

“And Taris you said you ran your operation from there? Then you most certainly have detailed files upon the Republic forces stationed there Yes? Their Commanders, Troop strength, state of Morale and what reinforcements they undoubtedly have tucked away somewhere dark.”

“Yes you should return but not just yet; Oh no the Dark Council gave me a useful tool in you my friend, Yes together we will go far. I wonder just how far does Your ambition go? Just how high do you wish to elevate Yourself and what are you willing to do for it? If you serve me and this mission faithfully I will assure you, You will be most well rewarded…But as you said earlier our relationship…Would be of equals.” The Word “Equal” escaped his mouth like he was spitting acid or bile.

“First…Yes; First we need to discuss this plan of Yours in detail I assume that sneaking into this bunker complex will require more than just an intelligence strike team Yes? While I would normally suggest I accompany you and Your team I believe I would be occupied preparing the fleet to obliterate as much of their defenses and entrenched positions as possible. If we score a major blow with this assault we could very well succeed in drawing the republic in as you believe. But my question to you is do you believe the opening created by a single victory would be enough to turn the favor of the war back in our favor?”

He stared at the man his darkened reddish Yellow eyes stared at the Intel agent once more with an unblinking focus.

“Personally? I think we need to regain the momentum of this war; I have kept the outer rim and the majority of our territory from collapsing on it self or leaving the Empire but it hasn’t been easy our Military is straining under the Republic and well…We are preparing the largest war fleet in the empire since the treaty and I am wondering do you believe this plan will work? Actually work?”

His question was sincere he needed to know if this man had the motivation and conviction enough to stand behind and possibly die to see this succeed and while he knew Intelligence operatives often didn’t act as soldiers or field commanders in this insistence he and his team would be on the frontlines in the critical location that would be vital for the success of the mission.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Fri May 10, 2013 7:45 pm

Shira Dano-24-Jedi Knight
I saw Maghrl as he left his room and could sense that he was successful. I gave a smile as I packed my few belongings and told them to follow me. As I shifted my weight to carry the pack, I opened the door with a wave of the hand and walked out flanked by my padawans. We moved through the halls and passed by several civilians. All going about their days as if the galaxy is not at war. It was time to recieve our command. So we needed to make it to the Republic HQ on Coruscant. We were going to be attached to a light Mechanized Division. Thats all I knew. Meaning we would be commanding light vehicles and infantry.

We made it outside where we would be picked up by a speeder that would take us to the HQ. We climbed aboared the yellow painted speeder and was transported to the HQ. While En Route I noticed Maghrl was restless. And Neeva, like always was silent. They were soo different, I could not help but to chucle. The speeder was a topless one and the wind whipped my hair. And it was quite warm as the planet wide city produced alot of waste and smogged the atmosphere. It was about ten minutes before we arrived and we were met by Republic escorts. The Republic soldier addressed me as Major. Jedi were often refered to by military ranks in the Republic by soldiers. Padawans were called Commanders, Knights were Majors and Masters were Generals.

So, even Padawans would outrank your standard Republic soldier. I was always amazed by it. It is my belief that experiance outranks everything. But soldiers liked their protocol. As we were escorted I decided to chat with the escort.

"So, whose unit are you in?"
"Yours Major."
"Really?"
"I dont joke often."
"I can sense that."

He was older than I. Maybe by a few years. We finally reached a large circuler room with some officer overlooking a viewport of a large staging area filled with soldiers and equipment. I looked out for a moment and then brought my attention to the Republic Officer who outranked me.

"Ah Jedi Knight Dano. I was expecting you. Your exploits in Sith Space are impressive. It is for that reason I have chosen you to lead the 741st Light Mechanized into battle."
"Thank you General...."
"Raana. General Raana."
"Yes, General Raana. I am looking foward to meeting my men."
"Well, there they are. Just outside that window a level beneath us. However, I would like to speak with you here first."
"Go ahead."
"You will be attached to the Republic Fleet set to defend Republic space. We believe, that Taris will be attacked soon. We have a presence on the planet but not a solid one. We are sending you to remedy that, among other divisions."
"Wouldnt Illum be a better bet?"
"Sure, but we have plenty of aassets there at the moment. Taris is stratigically located. We cannot lose it. I hope you understand."
"Yes General."
"Now, if you wish. You may go meet your men."
"I will General. May the force be with you."

As we finished the short briefing I made my way down the elevater and onto the lower level. The men were impressive. They were the image of defenders of the Republic. And most of them were veterans of the first war no doubt. I then made my way with the escort as we attempted to find the Unit commander, leaving my padawans to their own devices to either explore the equipment. Or get to know the men.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

Eerienar
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Fires of the Old Republic-IC-Invite Only

Postby Eerienar » Fri May 10, 2013 8:24 pm

Jecht Cath
Ziost

Jecht awoke as his shuttle drifted slowly towards space, head-long towards the ancient second home of the red-skinned Sith. He gazed down, his eyes falling on the ice-capped, yet arid landscape that was view-able from the cosmos. A sight so magnificent, that it perhaps, even calmed Jecht. He knew not the plans of the Empire. He knew not what part he would play in them. However, drifting towards the barren planet of Ziost, it seemed that Cath was fine with the uncertainty that perplexed him for the years that he served the Sith Order, since the Great Galactic War. However, the Sith were capricious. Jecht shook his head, drawing his attention from the serene planet. Cath was a marauder, the most violent warriors in all of the Sith Empire. A breed feared from Dosuun to Belkadan.

Jecht focused on this newly gained pride. A pride that would fuel his anger. An anger that would drive him to defeat the Republic and challenge the Dark Council. A drive that would lead to him rising as the Dark Lord of the Sith. Cath had determined himself to rise to power. Often, Master Ondor would say, his arrogance would lead to his ultimate death, be it at the hands of the Dark Council, or at the hands of his future apprentice. Though, at the time, he had written off Sapeius Ondor as an old fool, who knew nothing of the new ways of the Sith, it was in these dark times as he drifted towards Ziost, that he reflected on these things. The words uttered to him, that often haunted him in his darkest moments, alone in the cosmos.

Cath jerked a bit where he sat as he could feel himself enter the pull of the spaceport. He was being safely pulled towards Ziost, where he would meet Master Ondor. This is where he willed them to meet for the final time. This would be the place where Master and Apprentice would face off, completing the final cycle in Ondor's role as Jecht's master.. In his old age, Ondor was to be killed. Jecht acknowledged this with a very small degree of sorrow for the man that had trained him. However, he would need to be fierce, ruthless, and cunning, to ever rise as a Dark Lord of the Sith. If he lacked these traits, if he lacked the ruthlessness to kill his Master, he would forever remain an apprentice. It was this very thought that shook Jecht from his dream-state of minor sorrow.

Jecht approached the opened shuttle view-port, looking down at the world that he plunged towards. The final resting place of Master Ondor, and the location of the rise of Master Cath, as it would be. His mind drifted to the dark thoughts of the possibility of surprise-betrayal by Ondor. Perhaps, his own Master would stab him in the back, instead of fighting honorably. Ruthlessness, dishonor, the way of the Sith. However, he knew that Master Ondor would not violate the tradition. He knew this, with some form of unjustified certainty, that he would face off against Ondor, one versus one, on the barren planet of Ziost. He knew that, as it had always been, the Apprentice with triumph the Master, and the Apprentice would become the Master. The cycle would continue.

Minutes later, on Ziost..

Jecht shook as the shuttle was held by the bay, settling nervously onto the port-hole. The door quickly slid open, allowing Jecht to duck through the small space. Two men stood at either side of the shuttle, saluting. "Sir!" They would shout, as Jecht emerged from the shuttle. These men were to be his escort, so it seemed. Ondor had set this up, but Jecht thought nothing of it. With a wave of his hand, Jecht said in a monotone, yet commanding voice. "At ease, soldiers." With this command, the soldiers eased, while still maintaining a disciplined posture. A small, muffled sigh could be heard emerging from both of them.

Jecht glanced at the two, nodding at their ranks. Lieutenant and Sergeant, a fitting escort. "No doubt Master Ondor has sent you here. Is this correct?" Both of the soldiers nodded, the Lieutenant speaking, "Master Ondor has asked us to escort you to his sanctuary. He has not told us any more, nor any less." Jecht nodded slowly, motioning for them to move ahead of them. They both moved in unison, one taking Jecht's behind, and the other taking Jecht's front. He felt as if he was a prisoner, being escorted to an execution, to receive due justice for his schemes. He knew they could not detect his thoughts, and so he did not attempt to conceal his plans, but instead, thought about them openly.

It was half an hour later that they arrived at the small abode that Master Ondor called his, 'sanctuary.' Jecht shook his head. This was too small to be any type of mausoleum for the fallen Master. This indeed, would not do. Cath would dig a shallow grave, outside of this petty bungalow. He entered slowly, drifting apart the drapes, to find a small, single room, darkened with smoke. The air was thick with the smell of incense and the heavy influence of the Dark Side. There Master Ondor sat, staring at Cath as he entered, and stood, bowing slowly to him. Ondor removed his robe, leaving him in metallic clothing, light enough for him to remain agile.

Jecht removed his robe as well, leaving him in his metallic uniform, nearly matching, yet colored differently, from Ondor's. He dawned his re-breather, stepping outside. Ondor followed him. They both took ten paces from each other, and turned. Their light sabers came on with a monotone whirring noise, as pillars of crimson red energy emerged from the blades. Ondor fought with one, and Jecht fought with two. While it was common for marauders to fight with two, it was uncommon for them to fight with one, and due to this, Jecht believed himself the upper hand. His head bobbed slowly up and down, as he connected with the force. He looked towards Ondor, letting out a small breath.

"You have chosen this place to rest, Ondor, and why is this?" He said in a questioning voice, looking over his Master for one final time. However, this time, he was not filled with grief, he was filled with pride. Pride in his anger. Anger in his pride. Ondor spoke calmly, yet confidently. "If I am to die, I would die where the Sith settled second. The true mausoleum of Masters. It is a worthy place for my limbs to be spread." He said, lowering his head with a slight smirk. Jecht could sense his next action, and he would counter it. With the speed of lightning, Ondor had successfully moved into range, and quickly swung blow after blow towards Cath.

Jecht and Cath duel..

Jecht let out a roar of anger, as his body was imbued with the power of the Force. It strengthened him, sending him into a rage that made his power immense. Ondor's quick blows were countered even more quickly, as the two blades collided with rapid speed. The two forces collided with immense power. A battle with marauders. His master, slowly trailing down the peak of his ability, and Jecht, just beginning to reach it. The two blades would be shadows in the wind as they spun, colliding together. However, Jecht had underhanded tactics up his sleeve. As he ducked under his Master's blow, he quickly thrust his knee into the man's stomach.

Ondor rolled backwards. He had been hit, but his armor had absorbed most of the blow. The attacks of the physical would not mean much. A blast of force power rushed towards Jecht, from Ondor's fingertips. This energy met Jecht's hand, absorbing it, and in turn, turning it back on him. The two were locked in a battle of absorption, until Jecht quickly rolled towards the side of his Master's blast. He rushed forth, blades in front of him, to meet Ondor's defenses. The two blades collided with a furious hiss. The men flipped, turned, kicked, and jumped, like two wild animals fighting for dominance over one of another. However, this fight would end in death.

Ondor's underhandedness met Jecht's. Ondor's fist collided with his face, sending Cath tumbling backwards, to quickly recover, and yet again, move into the offense. They moved back and forth through the arid field, fighting each other, filled with the rage of a thousand suns. They collided, as two galaxies would. However, the final blow would be Jecht's. The blow to kill his Master, and to secure his place as a Master in the Sith. Jecht's saber's collided with Ondor's. His legs were open, and in this, Jecht used this ability. He let one of his sabers fall, to secure a blow against Ondor, to end this fight once and for all. He lowered his hand, as the hilt fell to the ground, spinning.

A blast of Force power that Ondor was not ready to counter hit him, sweeping him off of his feet, and sending him skidding through the ground. Ondor was finished as he lay on his back, staring up at the skies of Ziost. He had given in, and he was finished. Jecht moved in for the coupe de grace. He held one hilt in his hands, driving it through Ondor's neck. With this, Master Ondor was beheaded, and was no longer the Sith, and instead, Master Cath had risen, as a powerful marauder of the Sith. He would need to report this untimely death to his superiors, back in the Dark Citadel. He sat down, quickly sending forward a message.

Jecht Cath
Ziost

He slowly typed out the message, wording it briefly. It read, "Master Ondor has died, failed to beat his apprentice in challenge. Master Cath has risen." Sent out to one of his superiors on Dromuund Kaas. Jecht went through the busy work of first, digging a shallow grave for Ondor. He took a small utility shovel to the ground, quickly scooping up the arid dirt. After nearly two hours of digging, Ondor had been layed to rest, and the last of the dirty patted over his grave. Jecht would not set up a tombstone. The final resting place of Ondor would be Jecht's secret, and the secret of those lucky enough to find it, or those skilled enough to read the man's mind.

Jecht took the two sabers, his second one, and Ondor's. Ondor's saber would be a trophy, to sit in his quarters, and to show off to any potential visitors. He went back into the sanctuary, rifling through Ondor's things, before pulling out another saber. Ondor has chosen to fight him with one, instead of two, though trained in both. He would make up a story for this second saber. Perhaps a powerful Sith, challenging his skill. Jecht would take his robe, and slowly nod, as he headed out of the bungalow, and towards the arid cityscape of Ziost, where he had left nearly three hours ago. He stepped into the cityscape, taking rest at a small cantina.

He opened the small shade, nodding towards the bartender. He would have nothing but a rest. A shortstop on his road to domination. He sat down, his removing his cloak and stuffing it in his possessions. He sat, observing the outside world. He was not a frequent visitor of Ziost, and in this, not very familiar with its cityscape. He considered himself lucky to find this cantina, though he recieved a number of strange looks from passersby, as well as fellow inhabitants of the cantina. It was not often that Sith visited such small businesses in search of rest. Though he was rather worn, mentally and physically, from the death of his Master.
"People like things that I don't, and that's horrible." - Edwin Barrett

New Aksarben
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Fri May 10, 2013 8:33 pm

Maghrl - Padawan
Coruscant

Instead of doing either, Maghrl searched for a workbench, wanting to repair and clean his new lightsaber. Despite being quite durable, the lightsaber's inner workings were easy to break. If something was out of alignment, the weapon was just as likely to explode as not work period. Maghrl lacked the equipment to clean it, and would need many more tools to fully fix it. Maghrl luckily found one in the corner of the room, likely for the soldiers to fix their weapons and equipment.

Maghrl brought up a stool, and sat on it. He began using the force and tools to disassemble the lightsaber, to discover what was wrong with it. While doing so, he cleaned everything thoroughly. He wanted to make sure that everything was working properly. Maghrl did this regularly with his own lightsaber, to clean it and fix anything wrong with it. Maghrl was a master at working with electronics. There were very few things that he didn't know how to disassemble and subsequently reassemble. Focusing on his task, Maghrl identified that the focus had been damaged beyond repair by falling debris. Maghrl searched through his bag, and found the focus he had bought the day before from his friend. "It is quite fortuitous that I found this...." He mumbled in Squibban.

Maghrl removed the broken focus and began attaching the new piece. It fit perfectly, and Maghrl began slowly reassembling each piece, to make sure everything was in it's place and working correctly. The casing was the last piece go go on, screwing into place on top of everything else. Maghrl levitated it over to him, and grasped it. The lightsaber now had a bright, silvery, metallic sheen, like it had been built yesterday, and not nearly a decade ago. "Koovy..." said Maghrl, as he ignited the saber. It worked perfectly, and the blade was the exact same as he saw in his dream.

Extinguishing the blade, he attached it to the opposite side of his belt from where his own lightsaber was attached. Maghrl padded towards where his Master had gone, wanting to ask her about Taris. When he reached her location, he asked, "Shira-Master? What Taris like? Maghrl has never heard of Taris before..."
Last edited by New Aksarben on Sat May 11, 2013 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

Reddogkeno101
Senator

Founded: Feb 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Reddogkeno101 » Fri May 10, 2013 10:04 pm

Luke Huff in Orbit of Coruscant

We trust you can Transport Jedi Knight Shira Dano to Taris General Raana said. "Of Course sir," Huff replied. Good, they will be joining you shortly with the 741st Mechanized Division. General Raana said. "The 741st!" Huff thought, "They are highly experienced. Well at least we have them and my 2nd Commando Division." The 2nd Commando Division was under the command of Major-General Luke Huff, a Corellian who's family fortune was destroyed by an imperial raid on Corellian Shipyards. This inspired him to join the army, and just 8years after Graduating, he is a major-general due to the amount of defectors. He uses a captured Harrower-Class Dreadnought, the Incorruptible. The ship was used as the Headquarters and base for troops.
Last edited by Reddogkeno101 on Sat May 11, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russia,Imperialism, fascism, Religion, Speedo-clad politicians and North Korea
Team Reek, Centralised EU, Australia, NATO, Ukraine(Kiev Rus), Poland, China, Obama and Democrat led Murica
'Straya

This user deplores oxygen pirates, so oxygen pirates beware.

Yanalia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Sat May 11, 2013 9:06 am

Coruscant

Another day, another bounty.

Someone was knocking door of Zak's ship. The bounty hunter lived in it, mostly; going from job to job so quickly made it rather pointless. Besides, he had all the comforts he needed right here. A soft bed and a cold drink. What else did he need? Zak didn't get up to answer the door. A service droid moved to answer the caller instead. It gave off an aura of professionalism when one dealt with an intermediary. He also only liked to appear to clients in full armor, and he wasn't wearing that at the moment. The droid opened the door and began its standard introduction sequence. Zak didn't really listen to the conversation that followed. After a few moments, the service droid came over to the hunter.

"Master, it is a job offer."

"From whom?"

"The Republic military."

Zak sighed loudly. The military was known for its difficult jobs in awful conditions with little to no intelligence on the target. And they didn't pay much either. He'd listen to their offer, just to keep on their good side, but he probably wouldn't accept. This was why he preferred the less-legal customers.

"What do they want?"

"The soldier would not say. He claims not to know."

"Well, what am I supposed to do?"

"Directive: follow the soldier to Republic military headquarters."

"With what purpose?"

"To receive further information with regard to your employment with the military of the Galactic Republic."

Without another word, Zak got up and went to the armory. Since this was a job offer, it would do to look as ready and armed as possible. He put on his full suit, grabbed two blaster pistols, and strapped his rifle onto his back. Just for good measure, he pocketed a few thermal detonators. Good for appearances. He then walked towards the door of the ship. Before leaving, he left one instruction for his droid.

"If he comes back, tell him I'm negotiating."

He then walked out the soldier and looked him over. A young recruit, no doubt filled with delusions of grandeur in the military. Zak noticed the disdain behind the boy's look, even as the "soldier" tried to maintain an aura of impassivity. Zak didn't care. He'd get the money one way or another.

"This way, please, Mr. Varss," the recruit beckoned stiffly.

Soon enough, they were in Republic command. They approached the checkpoint.

"Private citizens cannot carry weapons on the premises," said a soldier, gesturing for Zak's weapons.

The hunter looked back at the guard. "If I can't have my weapons, you can't have my business."

A soldier approached the checkpoint from the other side. "Let him through," he ordered authoritatively. He looked at the recruit. "Go back to training." The recruit saluted. "Yes, sir!" What a fool.

"You're with me, Mr. Varss."

They entered the office of what appeared to be a somewhat high-ranking Republic officer. Zak didn't bother to know their ranks. A job was a job, no matter the colors on a sleeve. The officer rose up and offered his hand to the hunter as he entered the room.

"I believe we have a job offer that will interest you, Mr. Varss," the man said briskly as the two shook hands. Zak liked this man more than the rest. More business, less "yessir, nosir." Even as the hunter sat silent, the officer continued his description of the job. "Imperial operations on Taris have served continually to hamper our efforts to rule and rebuild the planet. They have been working swiftly and silently to destroy all our work without any direct fighting. And this, of course, is why we have called on you. We believe that Imperial Intelligence is the driving force behind the Empire's sabotage on Taris. Specifically, we believe this agent," he said, handing Zak a thin dossier, "is one of the main instigators of the schemes. We want him brought to us. Alive, if at all possible, but do kill him if you cannot. As you can see, we do not have much on him, given his status in Intelligence."

Zak briefly flipped through the dossier. It didn't take much time at all. There was almost no information on the man. A human, it appeared, but there were only one or two images. A name. If that was his real one, anyway. Several aliases. This job would only be worth it for a good number of credits.

"And, here is the contract." The officer handed him a packet of papers. Zak read through. The usual BS....too few credits....complete in three galactic months...wait, what? He read the line again. "INCLUDING a bonus to future contracts with the Republic of 75% additional payment, applicable to a single contract"

What kind of contract was this? This job was clearly a leadup to something or other. It wasn't about this one agent. There was another contract behind this...but why didn't they just give him that one now? Something was up here.

"Why the bonus on future contracts?" Zak asked.

"We need to test your operational efficiency. We have another job for you to do, depending on your performance here. The contract for that is already being written up. On your successful and prompt return, we'll give you that one, and you can put the bonus on it."

Zak didn't believe that. Surely, they would have already researched him before giving him any job. His record spoke for itself. There was no need for this. Still...the bonus was quite good. 75%...well, maybe a little more was in order.

"This isn't enough bonus, considering how many credits this is worth."

"80%, then."

"100%."

"85%." Zak nodded wordlessly, then turned and walked back to his ship.
Economic Left/Right: -9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Sat May 11, 2013 7:06 pm

Dromund Kaas

Dark Citadel

While he was awaiting a reply to his fairly serious question from the Imperial Spy Vurk felt a tremor echo through the Force; He didn’t recognize its signature immediately but it had been some one fairly powerful within the darkside and Vurk realized yet another Sith had fallen but there was no stench of light accompanying the Deed which left him puzzled.

But still it troubled him; he rarely felt these tremors unless if someone he had been close to had fallen; given the toll the great war had left upon the Sith Order there were relatively few people that he actually had a connection with that went beyond mere words.
He could tell the Imperial Agent could sense his distraction and with a grunt he turned to face the operative.

“We can continue this conversation later. Go to Taris and prepare for the Fleet’s arrival within a standard week.” He commanded as he turned his back to the operative and gazed at the holographic emitter which while turned off still was a viable source of distraction that kept him from the thoughts that were haunting him, tugging at him. He had never taken an apprentice, his own Master was dead and therefore that only left acquaintances.

He could feel the imperial agent gazing at his back and with a glower he barked forcefully his voice carrying the weight of lord of the Sith.

“You are dismissed.”

With that he stormed off deeper into the Citadel; That tremor called out to him, while he felt the ripples of the force contorting and Twisting as the Light and Dark made war against one another he rarely knew the exact cause and with this ripple…He sensed he had known it and they had been close. There was nothing more it was pure intuition but his sense of battlefield awareness had left him with the conviction he was to follow his intuition and so he would mediate upon the ripple and its possible sources.

As he marched through the dark halls of the Sith Citadel he didn’t stop to admire the expertly crafted stonework that lined the very halls of the citadel nor did he stop to even gaze upon the Mastery that obvious went in constructing such a massive structure.

He didn’t stop until he was back within his private quarters; Like his residence aboard his flagship the Blood Wing were Spartan and simple apart from a bed, desk, a few containers for clothing and armor there was little within the room.

He sealed the door and knelt upon the floor; he would discover the source of this connection or it would drive him mad he didn’t care for how the force imposed upon his mind in this fashion but he couldn’t bring himself to stop this was yet another challenge the force placed before him and he would master it.

He focused upon the ripple and sought its source oddly enough as far as he could tell it led back to him as he had sensed before; he had known this being and he had knew him well. This was both intriguing and infuriating to the Dark Lord of the Sith. He expanded his focus, his connection to the force and pressed outward his will meeting the force itself and the force yielding as he pressed deeper and deeper into the grain of the galactic spanning energy field.

His jaws clenched with concentration, his eyes alight with darkness burning within them and sweat dripping from his brow as he continued to exert himself in the effort to find out just what had occurred and why it was effecting him so.

And suddenly Vurk felt it; The Truth the knowledge he sought he neared it within the force but it was clouded and blocked by his own lack of knowledge or insight into the Force. He knew this wasn’t his speicality and would be within the realm of those interested in the Mysteries and Higher Levels of the Force but he still commanded the force and he would force it to show him what he desired. And with him redoubling his efforts he began to break through, pierce the veil of the unknown and he inched closer and closer to the knowledge he sought, And while there was a wall within his Path he would discover the identity of the person that had fallen. He began to close in and suddenly the wall before him And then finally he broke through the haze of memory and from the fog of ignorance he know knew what he had felt.

Suddenly the Sith broke from his trance like state and his eyes slowly flicked back into focus blood was oozing from his nostrils; he had given himself a nose bleed from his sheer concentration his knuckles had also whited from the sheer strength he had been exhibiting as he battled the will of the force itself into submission. Or rather that was how he had seen it; He hadn’t had the insight or clarity that he now possessed
and he knew what had transpired.

“Ondor.” The Sith mouthed quietly as he let out a muted breath.

The Veteran Marauder had been Vurk’s Companion throughout the Galactic war and while they had not seen each other within nearly a decade Vurk maintained that they were still good friends. They had first met during initial Battle of Alderaan and they had been there when the Jedi and Republic Launched their Counter Attack. It had been Hellish fighting both had saw friends and allies fall to Republic Blasters or Jedi Lightsabers but in the end the Empire had it’s long sought Revenge during the sacking of the Jedi temple it self. Ondor and Vurk both had been present at that glorious struggle.

Both had ascended and Advanced because of it however due to Malgus and his rising glory due to the death of several notable Jedi and leading the successful conquest of the Capital of the Republic it self both were pushed aside in his favor.

They like many Veteran Sith were pushed aside to suffer in obscurity and while Vurk had accepted his Station and eventually rose past it with the Help of Darth Revage he couldn’t help but wonder how Ondor had been in the Years following the remerugance of the war.
He smirked slightly to himself; he hadn’t thought about those Years in a long time.

With a slight grunt he rose to his feet and grimace when he felt his bones crack as they realigned into their proper position he was getting old and days like this reminded him of that but the force he knew would sustain in his prime for far longer than nature would but even that had limits he knew.

With a slight sigh and a feeling of remorse and something of regret about never checking in upon his fallen Brother he walked back from his quarters into the command center of the Citadel.

Eerienar
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Eerienar » Sat May 11, 2013 8:03 pm

Jecht Cath
Ziost

Jecht stood from the cantina, looking wearily around. He had sat there in silence for nearly an hour, and had seen many come and many go. Those who had knew Ondor in life would have sensed his death, and in this, Jecht would be the subject of some discussion around dark circles within Dromuund Kaas, where he would soon return. He nodded to the barman, before exiting the small establishment, and moving slowly through the cityscape, and into the spaceport. He waved his hands at two Imperial infantrymen, those that had escorted him to Master Ondor's sanctuary, and leaned down over his shuttle, typing in a short code, and fitting himself into the pod.

Jecht Cath
In route to Dromuund Kaas

Jecht sat down in the small captain's seat, quickly typing out a small sequence of commands, before flipping a lever. The small viewing port slowly closed, leaving Jecht in the dark. He leaned back, setting his feet on the console, and closing his eyes. He would rest for the long journey back to Dromuund Kaas. He shifted as his pod entered hyperspace. Those who had known Ondor, and had focused heavily on the subject, would detect him as he entered range of Kaas space. He drifted slowly through space, resting as he made his way back to the capital. He had sensed a battle coming, as well as ominous forces arriving within the Empire. Once again, Jecht was uncertain of the future.

The Janite Technocracy
Secretary

Founded: Sep 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Janite Technocracy » Sat May 11, 2013 8:56 pm

Girias Hanar
Dromund Kaas

Girias slowly strode his way down the front access ramp of his ship, regarding the port officials with a slight nod as he inched up to them. He spoke, in a calm but dismissive tone, "I am Girias Hanar, the owner of The Pentacle. All appropriate fees have been paid. Have a productive day." The officials did nothing but nod back as he walked alone through the main exit from the spaceport. There was a disturbance in the force, Girias could feel it. Empty space where a life once stood. Not here on Dromund Kaas but somewhere else equally tainted with the dark side. Pulling his hood up he marched to the local cantina, eager for refreshments and rumours. The patrons seemed to regard the green-cloaked man with suspicion, but kept their distance from him. At the bar, Girias called over the bartender and ordered a drink before observing others around him, taking mental notes of passers-by. He was not the only sith here, and he could see the lightsabers on the belts of a couple of conversing apprentices quietly watching the dancing girls. Meeting with other sith was inevitable here, but mingling with children was not on Girias' mind. He sought a fellow master, someone on his level who could become an ally and later a slave. In a way, the apprentices and dancers were similar, with a notable difference - the dancers got paid.
Last edited by The Janite Technocracy on Sat May 11, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eerienar
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Eerienar » Sat May 11, 2013 9:24 pm

Dromund Kaas
Jecht Cath

Jecht stood at the door of the shuttle as it slowly opened. He slowly stepped out of it, taking a hold of his hood, and with a flick of his wrist, pulling it up to cover his head. He dawned his re-breather, as he always had on Dromund Kaas. He slowly stepped down the path set aside, waving his hand and the four Imperial infantrymen manning the spaceport terminal. They simply nodded to him, continuing their busy work. This trick was apparent to other Sith in the area. He had tricked them into believing that he had already paid his dues, and was free to roam Dromund Kaas. Due to his method of transportation being a shuttle, this trickery was undetectable, and untraceable back to Jecht.

The newly appointed Sith master kept his gaze at the metallic ground below him, as he walked with small, metallic clinks, across the many pathways of Dromund Kaas, before laying eyes on his destination, a cantina. He entered the small, yet sleazy establishment, slowly lowering his hood. The aura about him reeked of a newly risen Master. One who killed a being of power, and rose to take his place. That being would be the now deceased Master Ondor. The newly risen Master Cath slowly looked about the cantina of apprentices, as they regarded him with a slight look, before turning back to the dancing girls, shaking their various features at their Sith masters.

Jecht turned his attention to a man sitting at the bar. This man, he did not recognized, but only sensed his power in the force. His trickery, and his deceit. If he were to rise, Jecht would need these kind of men, and in one of his boldest moves, Jecht took the seat next to the man, only shaking his head at the bartender as he sat in silence, awaiting the fellow master to make his move.

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Sat May 11, 2013 9:48 pm

Dromund Kaas

Dark Citadel

As he roamed around the command center once again assuming his duties as the commander and chief planner of this offensive he couldn’t help but ponder the fate of Ondor he knew the Sith was dead; Slain by…Someone. The tremor in the force unfortunately hadn’t had the clarity to provide an appearance or even a name or echo but the Dark Lord would be patient he would find a free moment to find Ondor’s Killer.

The slaying of such a respectable and reputable Sith would have consequences that much was certain. In fact he believed he could spare a moment now; the Assault was still in its initial planning phases and the fleet was still assembling so its not like he was needed at the moment for anything really beyond show.

He approached one of the Imperial Communication Officers standing at their station directing coms and messages across the fleet assembling; As he Approached the Soldier scrambled from his Station and immediately threw himself on his knee’s bowing before the Dark Lord.

“Rise Soldier; I have a Use for you.”

“Sir?” The soldier stated with obvious incredulity it had never crossed his mind that the Dark Lord of the Sith the one planning this assault would have personal need of him it was quite clear.

“I wish to scan for any incoming messages and documents mentioning a “Master Ondor.” He informed the man.

The communications officer merely nodded as he sat down in front of his terminal and rapidly began typing upon the keys and looking over various technical readouts and documents.

After about two minutes of this the Sith Lord was growing impatient and the Communications Officer obviously could tell that as his efforts redoubled in speed at least if not efficiency. The Sith began tapping his foot against the ground as the Officer worked but a moment later his continued patience paid off.

“It Appears that there is a single message coming in within the past day of a “Master Ondor” it was sent by his former apprentice apparently. A Jecht Cath from Ziost where he defeated him a challenge for supremacy apparently and is attempting to assume his former Masters duties and title given he referred to himself as “Master Cath” in the message.” The Officer reported.

“What do you know about this Cath Fellow?”

“Not much Really Sir you know we don’t keep much information upon apprentices within the Intelligence Data Bases.”

Perhaps sensing the Dark Lord’s anger and this his own life being within danger due to that fact the Comunications officer rapidly offered some to the Annoyed Sith Lord.

“We do have a Picture though.” And with that the Communications officer pulled up a rough and grainy image obviously captured by some sort of security device.

“And where is he now? On Ziost still?” The Sith Lord questioned he now knew how Ondor had died and who had killed him.

“No it appears he arrived recently within Kaas City at the Transport Hub here within the Capital. Though where he went now I don’t know if you like I can put in a request with Imperial intelligence?”

“Ah thank you soldier you have done your empire a great service with this act and no I will deal with this Personally.” The Dark Lord replied earnestly as he slowly walked away from the console and officer and headed towards the Exit.

He could find a moment or two to pursue this and he would; He would find this “Master Cath” And see the man who had ended

With a sense of renewed purpose the Sith lord exited the Citadel and began his search he knew the Local Hot Spots with the Apprentices upon The Capital and he knew he would likely find this Jecht within one of them. He decided he would search the Market Places and Training Area’s first and if that failed he would search the Pleasure Clubs or Cantina’s.

Like a being of pure strife and discord the Sith went upon his mission; He knew his targets face, he knew his name and he knew his type. He would find him he had no doubt.
Last edited by The Zeonic States on Sat May 11, 2013 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Janite Technocracy
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Janite Technocracy » Sat May 11, 2013 10:27 pm

Eerienar wrote:Dromund Kaas
Jecht Cath

Jecht stood at the door of the shuttle as it slowly opened. He slowly stepped out of it, taking a hold of his hood, and with a flick of his wrist, pulling it up to cover his head. He dawned his re-breather, as he always had on Dromund Kaas. He slowly stepped down the path set aside, waving his hand and the four Imperial infantrymen manning the spaceport terminal. They simply nodded to him, continuing their busy work. This trick was apparent to other Sith in the area. He had tricked them into believing that he had already paid his dues, and was free to roam Dromund Kaas. Due to his method of transportation being a shuttle, this trickery was undetectable, and untraceable back to Jecht.

The newly appointed Sith master kept his gaze at the metallic ground below him, as he walked with small, metallic clinks, across the many pathways of Dromund Kaas, before laying eyes on his destination, a cantina. He entered the small, yet sleazy establishment, slowly lowering his hood. The aura about him reeked of a newly risen Master. One who killed a being of power, and rose to take his place. That being would be the now deceased Master Ondor. The newly risen Master Cath slowly looked about the cantina of apprentices, as they regarded him with a slight look, before turning back to the dancing girls, shaking their various features at their Sith masters.

Jecht turned his attention to a man sitting at the bar. This man, he did not recognized, but only sensed his power in the force. His trickery, and his deceit. If he were to rise, Jecht would need these kind of men, and in one of his boldest moves, Jecht took the seat next to the man, only shaking his head at the bartender as he sat in silence, awaiting the fellow master to make his move.

Girias made no attempt to look at the man next to him, taking a long sip from his drink as he stated rather quietly, "How does it feel, child? Were you thrilled at your master's murder? Does it pain you, then, that he not only accepted death but was in fact asking for it? He killed himself. You defeated no-one. I know not your name, child, but I can see and feel the void that follows you. You are the one who dueled Ondor. You are his student, and a student you will remain until your arrogance subsides." Knowingly antagonizing the newly-arisen master next to him, Girias kept his mind ready, should Cath lose his temper with him. "You hated Ondor, as any apprentice hates their master. Hate, it seems, flows through you. A less capable sith may well say that your hate is an effective weapon. Some of us, however, know better. Hate, like any fuel, must be used effectively. Did you decide to sit next to me, then, out of desire for compliments? Do you want to hear, child, how exceedingly powerful you are and how you should be congratulated for killing a man who still had much to give you? You simply cut down a modicum of dark wisdom in foolish, animalistic bloodlust. Are you a Darth now, boy? Shall I call you Darth, my lord?" Girias seemed to enjoy mocking Cath, presumably having seen sith like him before.

Eerienar
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Eerienar » Sat May 11, 2013 10:32 pm

Jecht Cath
Dromund Kaas

"Your arrogance exceeds my own, it seems, old man." Jecht smirked, in confidence of himself. "Your pride in your assumptions will lead to your ultimate downfall. Your all-knowing behavior will earn you your death at the hands of those much more powerful."

Cath made slight, idle movements with his hands. This was not some trick of the force, but simple boredom with the old man next to him.

"I come for someone powerful. Someone to match the hate in me. However, I approach a fool. A man with assumptions that are baseless." Jecht spoke in just above a whisper, slowly and monotone. "You act as if I did not know Ondor wanted to die. I sensed it in him. I fulfilled his wish, as any obeying apprentice would do. However, I have risen above this. With the death of Ondor, I take his place, in hopes that I shall become as powerful as the former marauder."

He gently tapped his hands on the counter, taking a quick glance at the man, "Your knowledge is not your own. You know of Ondor, I am surprised, however, I am not. Those that survived the Great War were few, however I doubt that you were one of those men." His smirk slowly faded from his face. "While Ondor pranced about, playing soldier, you were playing a much more powerful role, were you not?"

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sat May 11, 2013 10:38 pm

Shira Dano-24-Jedi Knight
Maghrl had remade the saber quickly and found me while I was inspecting the troops. Maghrl asked me about Taris. Before I could ask Neeva approached and filled him in. "Taris is a world in the outer rim with all its landmasses covered in cities. Like Coruscant but Taris also has oceans. It has the Upper City, Middle City and Lower City. With the Rich in the Upper and those in Poverty in the lower. It has long standing prejudices and aliens are often not even allowed to live in the Upper City if they can afford it. It has suffered constant bad luck ever since new trade routes made its location less important for trade. And has endured Civil War, Mandalorian Conquest, Sith bombarment and riots and civil unrest. Amazing there is anything left of it." I looked down at her as she gave a textbook description of the planet.

But the planet also happened to be my homeworld. I dont remember growing up there but I knew my parents were from the planet. So, I was rather interested in seeing it in person.

As I finished my inspection I decided that the unit was more than worthy and informed the officer of my observations. He knew it was not a choice but still appreaciated that I was pleased with what I saw. I was than able to leave with the men to a republic transport as we marched together I estimated their number to about 500. Plus light vehicles. And all were veterans. Skilled, proffesional soldiers. We cannot underestimate the value of those who cannot wield the force. All life contributes to it.

When the transport was in sight I am my padawans waited until all the men boarded and we followed them into the dark confines of the ship. It was rather cramped and had a smell. It was obviously an old ship. A leftover relic from a forgotten war. As we found some seats I sat amongst the men and decided to speak to my padawans.

"We are likely to see combat soon. These men see you as Commanders. And will look to you for guidence. But do not be afraid to tell them you do not know. Make use of their experiance in combat and serve them as we do the Republic. The Sith will show us no mercy. But when it comes to combat with the Sith, follow the Jedi way. If possible. Do not risk yourselves or your men in order to show mercy to defeated enemies."

Then I looked out at them both.

"Do you have any questions before we land in a few hours?"
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

The Janite Technocracy
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Janite Technocracy » Sat May 11, 2013 11:03 pm

Girias Hanar
Dromund Kaas

Girias replied, snidely and viciously, "My role in the war is of little concern or consequence to you, boy. You obeyed like a slave to your late master's wishes, even at a point where it was entirely unnecessary. I hold no pride in my assumptions, no arrogance, in fact. I feel regret on behalf of all sith that men like you still roam, degrading the order as a whole. You use the term Marauder. Are you, then, a marauder? A warrior of the sith that trains the body and neglects the mind? If you are indeed Ondor's student, you may well share his weakness. He was never a bright fellow, even in his prime. Do you see the apprentices behind us, by the elegantly-moving twi'leks? Rambling on about how they once strangled a tramp for fun, and how they cut him down when he squealed? You may be better seated near them. This foolish old man does not have much to tell you. The only lesson you are worthy of receiving from me is my name - Girias. The dark side is not a rise but a fall, a deep sea in which one must learn to swim. At the bottom of the black sea lie treasures, but you are not yet worthy of these treasures. You will not be a worthy sith, even if you were to destroy every last one of your competitors. If my assumptions about you are baseless, child, then prove to me that you are greater than what I can already sense. I will not be the last to question your ability, but I may be the first, and first impressions last the longest. Show that my doubt in you is undeserved, that you can accomplish things beyond playing with toy swords."

Eerienar
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Eerienar » Sat May 11, 2013 11:09 pm

Jecht Cath
Dromund Kaas

Jecht spoke, not above a whisper, glancing over to the apprentices for but a mere second. "You assume, and you assume, and you regret. You assume I destroy, but the Force does not destroy, the Sith are not destroyers. Capricious though may many of us be, we build an order." He slowly waved the bartender, ordering a drink.

"This order is one of power, one of deceit, and one of ruthlessness. The strongest rule, the weakest fall, and that is the way of the Sith." He looked back at the apprentices again, his head bobbing slowly up and down as he spoke.

"This apprentices, they assume that power comes from strength of the body. You assume me one of these men, because I practice an art different from yours? Weak of mind may some marauders be, but Ondor was not an animal, nor am I." He smirked quietly. "I know of the treasures, I need not the lectures. There are treasures beyond the powers of the greatest sorcerers, however." He looked about him.

"There is power, there is the ability to rise far beyond the Jedi scum. The power to rule over the galaxy, the power to rule over multiple galaxies. While the bountiful treasures of knowledge are of the same importance, you must not negate one side of the coin in favor of the other."
Last edited by Eerienar on Sat May 11, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Aksarben
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Sat May 11, 2013 11:36 pm

The Rebel Alliances wrote:Shira Dano-24-Jedi Knight
Maghrl had remade the saber quickly and found me while I was inspecting the troops. Maghrl asked me about Taris. Before I could ask Neeva approached and filled him in. "Taris is a world in the outer rim with all its landmasses covered in cities. Like Coruscant but Taris also has oceans. It has the Upper City, Middle City and Lower City. With the Rich in the Upper and those in Poverty in the lower. It has long standing prejudices and aliens are often not even allowed to live in the Upper City if they can afford it. It has suffered constant bad luck ever since new trade routes made its location less important for trade. And has endured Civil War, Mandalorian Conquest, Sith bombarment and riots and civil unrest. Amazing there is anything left of it." I looked down at her as she gave a textbook description of the planet.

But the planet also happened to be my homeworld. I dont remember growing up there but I knew my parents were from the planet. So, I was rather interested in seeing it in person.

As I finished my inspection I decided that the unit was more than worthy and informed the officer of my observations. He knew it was not a choice but still appreaciated that I was pleased with what I saw. I was than able to leave with the men to a republic transport as we marched together I estimated their number to about 500. Plus light vehicles. And all were veterans. Skilled, proffesional soldiers. We cannot underestimate the value of those who cannot wield the force. All life contributes to it.

When the transport was in sight I am my padawans waited until all the men boarded and we followed them into the dark confines of the ship. It was rather cramped and had a smell. It was obviously an old ship. A leftover relic from a forgotten war. As we found some seats I sat amongst the men and decided to speak to my padawans.

"We are likely to see combat soon. These men see you as Commanders. And will look to you for guidence. But do not be afraid to tell them you do not know. Make use of their experiance in combat and serve them as we do the Republic. The Sith will show us no mercy. But when it comes to combat with the Sith, follow the Jedi way. If possible. Do not risk yourselves or your men in order to show mercy to defeated enemies."

Then I looked out at them both.

"Do you have any questions before we land in a few hours?"

"What exactly will Maghrl and Neeva do on Taris?" Maghrl asked his master. He was excited at the aspect of being able to fight against the Order's and Republic's enemies. He had been born to late to be involved in the last war, but luckily Skorr II had not been fought over. He had been alive during the last war, but it was a faint memory and Maghrl had not really cared about things on such a huge scale at that point. He had only cared about having fun and finding interesting objects. Intergalactic politics had been the furthest thing from his mind as a 6-year old fuzzling. He hadn't even been recruited by the order yet at that point.

He was also concerned about fighting Sith. His Ataru style of combat was very useful at negating the disadvantages of his size and build, but was exhausting for the young Jedi. He had never been in a duel, a true duel with his life on the line, with another force-user before let alone a Sith. After his master answered the first, he then asked another question, "What Sith like in person? Have no idea what to expect..." He had an extremely worried look on his face. His experience with the dead Sith in the temple had made him feel physically sick to his stomach. If a dead Sith had done that to him.... What would a live Sith's affect on him do? He was afraid that just being around a live Sith would make him unable to defend himself.

Maghrl fiddled with his lightsaber as he asked the questions. That was something he did when he was nervous. He fiddled with mechanical objects and the like to calm himself down. He was having a hard time not freaking out from the worry and anxiety of going into combat, something he had never done before. The closest to real fighting he had gotten was practice fighting with his master, and the Black Sun thug that had tried to mug him the day before. He hadn't told his master about that incident, because he hadn't thought it was important enough for him to tell. He had actually felt something strange when he knocked out that man by accident... The best way he could describe it was that he felt powerful when he did that.... Maghrl didn't quite understand what that meant for him.

Maghrl had one more question, "Shira-Master? Why do Sith attack Taris?"
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast