NATION

PASSWORD

W40K: In Service to the Imperium: Episode 3 (OOC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:54 am

The united imperial sector wrote:Name: Alexander brayvus
apperence:brown hair blue eyes white skin 225 pounds 5 foot 6
Alexander was in the 35th aslasta world regiment his platoon was thrown into a small town and ordered to hold it to the last man, but within a few hours chaos cultist attacked the town hundreds of them threw themselves at him and his platoon only the platoons two auto cannons managed to stave the assults off. But within hours the men heard an ominus clanking sound of machanical legs and soon chaos defilers appered apon the horizon and forms amgonst them proved to be chaos mariens.The first defiler salvo knocked out the two auto cannos as well as the command squad, Alexander was knocked down by the upper part of his commisars body which is most likely what saved him from the next salvo, a few moments later after he managed to push of the corpse of his commisar off of himself only to be greated by a chargeing khorne bazerker Alexander fired of a one in a million shot manageing to hit the bazerker in a weak spot in his power armor bringing him down just before the heritcs chain axe fell apon him.But the rest of his platoon had not been so lucky he saw hords of cultist and marines butchering his commrades he started runing as fast as his feet could carry him being narrowly missed by bolter, auto,and lazgun fire. Soon enough he found himself runing across a barren waste land following far behind a couple of his platoons survivors.
Equipment: Standard lazgun,combat knife and basic carapce armor,and a half empty canteen.
Wounds: A slight bullet graze on his left shoulder.
Is this better?

By military standards he's a fatty. According to the US Military, if you weigh 225 you should be well over 6 feet tall.
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Every part encouraged by the other
No one independent of another
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:06 pm

I'm leaving this, the idea doesn't really interest me any more.
Last edited by Woodstovia on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The united imperial sector
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The united imperial sector » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:13 pm

Phonencia wrote:
The united imperial sector wrote:Name: Alexander brayvus
apperence:brown hair blue eyes white skin 225 pounds 5 foot 6
Alexander was in the 35th aslasta world regiment his platoon was thrown into a small town and ordered to hold it to the last man, but within a few hours chaos cultist attacked the town hundreds of them threw themselves at him and his platoon only the platoons two auto cannons managed to stave the assults off. But within hours the men heard an ominus clanking sound of machanical legs and soon chaos defilers appered apon the horizon and forms amgonst them proved to be chaos mariens.The first defiler salvo knocked out the two auto cannos as well as the command squad, Alexander was knocked down by the upper part of his commisars body which is most likely what saved him from the next salvo, a few moments later after he managed to push of the corpse of his commisar off of himself only to be greated by a chargeing khorne bazerker Alexander fired of a one in a million shot manageing to hit the bazerker in a weak spot in his power armor bringing him down just before the heritcs chain axe fell apon him.But the rest of his platoon had not been so lucky he saw hords of cultist and marines butchering his commrades he started runing as fast as his feet could carry him being narrowly missed by bolter, auto,and lazgun fire. Soon enough he found himself runing across a barren waste land following far behind a couple of his platoons survivors.
Equipment: Standard lazgun,combat knife and basic carapce armor,and a half empty canteen.
Wounds: A slight bullet graze on his left shoulder.
Is this better?

By military standards he's a fatty. According to the US Military, if you weigh 225 you should be well over 6 feet tall.

I fixed it now honest mistake.

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:21 pm

I would've just made him 6'5 but okay...Short people can be cool...I guess...kinda'...
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

Legital
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Legital » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:06 pm

Deutsche Demokratischer Volksstaat wrote:Any limits on what regiment characters may be from? An -incredibly grim and fatalistic- guardsman from the Death Korps of Krieg is very appealing to me, frankly.

Any regiment. Personally, a grim and fatalistic Kriegsmen sounds fantastic.

The united imperial sector wrote:
Phonencia wrote:

I fixed it now honest mistake.

Sorry, but if your posts grammar will be like that, I can't accept you.
Last edited by Legital on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."- Carl Sagan
"The Emperor Protects."
Male, Agnostic, Transhumanist, Independent (USA, politics)

Legital
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Legital » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:31 pm

IC: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=227900

I cut a good bit short as I knew you all were waiting, and I wanted to get it up for you all.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."- Carl Sagan
"The Emperor Protects."

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:46 pm

Legital wrote:IC: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=227900

I cut a good bit short as I knew you all were waiting, and I wanted to get it up for you all.

FOR THE EMPEROR!
*goes to post in IC*
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The united imperial sector » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:58 pm

Legital wrote:
Deutsche Demokratischer Volksstaat wrote:Any limits on what regiment characters may be from? An -incredibly grim and fatalistic- guardsman from the Death Korps of Krieg is very appealing to me, frankly.

The united imperial sector wrote:I fixed it now honest mistake.

I dont understand what you mean by grammar but oh well it was my first time posting stuff like this.

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:02 pm

Legital wrote:

I dont understand what you mean by grammar but oh well it was my first time posting stuff like this.

YOU DON'T USE ANY COMMAS! *rageface*
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The united imperial sector » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:08 pm

Phonencia wrote:
The united imperial sector wrote:I dont understand what you mean by grammar but oh well it was my first time posting stuff like this.

Ah I see now, well then Other than that was my post alright?
Last edited by The united imperial sector on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DuThaal Craftworld
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby DuThaal Craftworld » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:17 pm

Phonencia wrote:

Ah I see now, well then Othier than that was my post alright?

WTF is Othier?
Eldar. Not Dark Eldar. Eldar.
FT+FanT
METAL BAWKSES

Nua Corda wrote:Read the rest of the quote by clicking the 'wrote' button.

Mindhar on The Lord of the Rings

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:39 pm

Phonencia wrote:

What post? You haven't posted in the IC yet. And why did you unnecessarily capitalize the O in other?
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

Legital
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Legital » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:27 pm

Phonencia wrote:

No, actually. Sorry.
"The Emperor Protects."

Volmachtia
Senator

Founded: Nov 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Volmachtia » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:39 pm

Gonna post in a bit.

Deutsche Demokratischer Volksstaat
Envoy

Founded: Nov 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Deutsche Demokratischer Volksstaat » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:10 am

Character:
Name: Ernst von Kluge

Appearance: Ernst stands six feet and two inches tall, is of relatively unremarkable build (for a Grenadier), weighing around 175 pounds, and is pale in complexion. Although rarely if even seen owing to the fact that he appears to have his helmet on permanently, he has a thin cropping of dark brown hair, and a pair of largish eyes with bluish pupils along with thick brows. A shallow but highly visible scar runs the length of his left cheek, resulting from his sustaining a slash by a traitorous guardsman during the earlier Siege of Vraks.

Biography: Ernst is the typical Krieg-born male; raised from cradle to become a part of the planet's annual tithes of masses of Imperial Guardsmen, and is, by native standards, old, for few among the Death Korps live through their early twenties. Drafted into the ill-fated 50th Infantry Regiment at the age of 16, he followed the regiment into the fray on Vraks in 827.M41, as part of the 88th Siege Army. The regiment was completely destroyed over the course of fierce combat with Chaos forces and Ernst was one out of only a dozen or so survivors. In the three following years he would be rotated through one unit after another until 830.M41. By then he had been given the honor of serving in the Death Korps' elite Grenadiers, notorious for its eight-in-ten fatality rates, and had, as miraculously as before, lived to see the conclusion of the combat.

Following the Siege of Vraks, his unit was disbanded and its remnants absorbed into newly raised regiments, like the 174th Siege Regiment. Recognizing his extensive combat experience, he was promoted to Sergeant upon his transfer to the 174th and given the position of Watchmaster. Its commander, as was typical of the Death Korps, volunteered his unit to serve in what was already being regarded as one of the toughest warzones, that was Epsilon Octarius. Arriving in time to take part in Lord-General Prectis' ill-conceived offensive, the 174th was at the forefront of almost every offensive operation, whittling down its numbers. In fact, as was typical of the Death Korps, the 174th fought resolutely (if not stubbornly and with little appreciation of the 'big picture') against the overwhelming Chaos counterattack even as its fellow regiments were pulling back. It was only with the intervention of a Commissar that the 174th began to fall back, and even then it continued to act as a rearguard, sustaining crippling casualties.

Regiment: Death Korps of Krieg 174th Siege Regiment

Equipment and uniform:
  • Armament: 1x Type XIV Heavy Lasgun, 1x Bayonet, 5x no. 38 Frag Grenade, 2x Krak Grenade
  • Uniform: Death Korps Issue Grenadier Uniform (Mark IX helmet, skull facemask, greatcoat, shoulder guards, chest plate, trousers, shin and knee guards, boots)
  • Miscellaneous: Red Sash, Refractor Field Generator, Type V Respirator Unit, Leather Belt and Webbing, Leather Backpack, Entrenching Tool

Wounds:

I'd add that he was of the rank of Sergeant and held the position of Watchmaster before the battle but was then field promoted to the rank of Lieutenant and the position of Platoon Commander following the wiping out of a substantial portion of his company including most of its company command squad. In accordance with Departmento Munitorum requirements that officers be visibly distinguishable from the rank and file, a red sash and refractor field generator (in the form of a large, dull, metallic necklace), both of which are commonly issued to officers, had been passed on to him at the time of his field promotion. Carapace armor is also integrated into the Grenadier uniform and can be found on the helmet and chest plate.
Last edited by Deutsche Demokratischer Volksstaat on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deutsche Demokratischer Volksstaat [DDV]
German Democratic People's State

National Anthem Auferstanden aus Ruinen | Song of the NVA Zinnsoldat
The Iron Curtain Kid A Boy's Life in the German Democratic Republic
Main Battle Tank Kampfpanzer 72 Ausf G
Questers wrote:Tank design by nation.

Russian tanks are designed to win winter.
Chinese tanks are designed by Russia.
Japanese tanks are designed to win anime.
German tanks are designed to win racecourses.
French tanks are designed to win beauty competitions.
American tanks are designed to win congress.
British tanks are designed to win battles.

Legital
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Legital » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:01 am

Deutsche Demokratischer Volksstaat wrote:Character:
Name: Ernst von Kluge

Appearance: Ernst stands six feet and two inches tall, is of relatively unremarkable build (for a Grenadier), weighing around 175 pounds, and is pale in complexion. Although rarely if even seen owing to the fact that he appears to have his helmet on permanently, he has a thin cropping of dark brown hair, and a pair of largish eyes with bluish pupils along with thick brows. A shallow but highly visible scar runs the length of his left cheek, resulting from his sustaining a slash by a traitorous guardsman during the earlier Siege of Vraks.

Biography: Ernst is the typical Krieg-born male; raised from cradle to become a part of the planet's annual tithes of masses of Imperial Guardsmen, and is, by native standards, old, for few among the Death Korps live through their early twenties. Drafted into the ill-fated 50th Infantry Regiment at the age of 16, he followed the regiment into the fray on Vraks in 827.M41, as part of the 88th Siege Army. The regiment was completely destroyed over the course of fierce combat with Chaos forces and Ernst was one out of only a dozen or so survivors. In the three following years he would be rotated through one unit after another until 830.M41. By then he had been given the honor of serving in the Death Korps' elite Grenadiers, notorious for its eight-in-ten fatality rates, and had, as miraculously as before, lived to see the conclusion of the combat.

Following the Siege of Vraks, his unit was disbanded and its remnants absorbed into newly raised regiments, like the 174th Siege Regiment. Recognizing his extensive combat experience, he was promoted to Sergeant upon his transfer to the 174th and given the position of Watchmaster. Its commander, as was typical of the Death Korps, volunteered his unit to serve in what was already being regarded as one of the toughest warzones, that was Epsilon Octarius. Arriving in time to take part in Lord-General Prectis' ill-conceived offensive, the 174th was at the forefront of almost every offensive operation, whittling down its numbers. In fact, as was typical of the Death Korps, the 174th fought resolutely (if not stubbornly and with little appreciation of the 'big picture') against the overwhelming Chaos counterattack even as its fellow regiments were pulling back. It was only with the intervention of a Commissar that the 174th began to fall back, and even then it continued to act as a rearguard, sustaining crippling casualties.

Regiment: Death Korps of Krieg 174th Siege Regiment

Equipment and uniform:
  • Armament: 1x Type XIV Heavy Lasgun, 1x Bayonet, 5x no. 38 Frag Grenade, 2x Krak Grenade
  • Uniform: Death Korps Issue Grenadier Uniform (Mark IX helmet, skull facemask, greatcoat, shoulder guards, chest plate, trousers, shin and knee guards, boots)
  • Miscellaneous: Red Sash, Refractor Field Generator, Type V Respirator Unit, Leather Belt and Webbing, Leather Backpack, Entrenching Tool

Wounds:

I'd add that he was of the rank of Sergeant and held the position of Watchmaster before the battle but was then field promoted to the rank of Lieutenant and the position of Platoon Commander following the wiping out of a substantial portion of his company including most of its company command squad. In accordance with Departmento Munitorum requirements that officers be visibly distinguishable from the rank and file, a red sash and refractor field generator (in the form of a large, dull, metallic necklace), both of which are commonly issued to officers, had been passed on to him at the time of his field promotion. Carapace armor is also integrated into the Grenadier uniform and can be found on the helmet and chest plate.

Marvelous. Accepted.
"The Emperor Protects."

Volmachtia
Senator

Founded: Nov 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Volmachtia » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:57 am

I will be AWOL for most of today and tomorrow, but I can post again starting Monday afternoon.

Kaledoria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaledoria » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:44 pm

I realize you still need a sanctioned psion, a Mechanicus Adept, some priest to keep the moral up and ... well, don't know ... The Big Guy. I could provide the last:

Character:
Name: Mork (of the Lavamoles Tribe)
Appearance (Image preferred): 2.80 meters, a good 330 kg / about 9' 2" and 728 pounds. Skin used to be olive, is now flamethrower tan. No hair. Massive jaw, pronounced nose. All muscles, very little of the usual belly for his kind.

Biography: Born to the Lavamoles Tribe on the deathworld Argos in Laconia System, Mork learned from birth, how to survive. As many Ogryns of his world, he learned what he could and made himself a name as a mercenary and at the age of 17 finally managed to attract the attention of an Off-world Rogue Trader, his ticket off the barren, post-total-nuclear-war rock that was his homeworld.

He worked for 4 years in the service of Vermont de la Saladine. The time offered enough opportunities to improve his skills, that Mork used and enough opportunities to get killed, that he avoided, as Rogue trader Vermont's busyness was to sneak into Warzones and loot whatever he could (or rather: Have his men do so).
Between missions, however, Mork could take some off time in a concrete paradise (compared to Argos) named Epsilon Ocatrious, the rogue traders homeworld.

Right, THAT Epsilon Ocatrious. He was there, when the hell broke loose. Rogue trader Vermont fled after a week into the war using the stealthed shuttle ship he usually used to get in and out of warzones unnoticed.
Mork would have killed for a trip in that ship but the trader made sure, his loyal bodyguard and mercenary was pinned down by enemies when packing his ship full with the wealthiest of interplanetary nobles before takeoff.
Six weeks into the war, Mork was conscripted into the Guard, into the prestigious Ocatrious 1st Infantry. That was the year of heroes, as common men had to hold of chaos troops in the 100s, while waiting for the dreadfully slow imperial reinforcements.

Afterwards, he was tasked with skirmishes for two years, one of the tasks with longer then average life expectancy these days. Year 3 came, however, and his unit of formerly 110 men had shrunk down to 13 through constant attrition and the remainders were distributed to other units. Mork was assigned to the St. Khorran 55th.
A difficult time came, as his new assignment took him to urban warfare, statistically dividing his life expectancy by 3 (not that he knew something about statistics - Mork is very intelligent but only by Ogryn standards).
8 month into the new assignment a mission went bad. His team was wiped out and Mork was hit by a rocket. Luckily, some militias were able to get him out, regarding him as their savior since he had taken down 2 Sentinel walkers and 10 out of 12 Chaos Troopers prior to going down.

After 3 weeks in hospital, Mork went rogue for 4 month. His trusted weapon had been lost. He found it through the secret homing beacon but it had found it's way into the hands of a chaos space marine who had managed to bypass the biometric safety. Mork waited patiently, hiding close to the chaos encampment inside a minor habitation complex a few 100 miles outside Epsilon Prime. Then one day when the Imperial Guard attacked from south, he could sneak in from the north. The attack was fend of but as they returned Mork was waiting in a hiding spot. As the Chaos Marine who had stolen his weapon was isolated, Mork killed him in an ambush. Realizing, that he had also found the radio room, Mork contacted the Imperial Guard and told them of all enemy position and fortifications. A few perfectly timed explosions later, the Chaos troops were in disorder (beyond the usual) and the reopened attack by imperial troops was a success. To Mork's surprise, nobody asked any questions where he had been. Paperwork about his hospital downtime had been lost in the confusion and he had just been reported MIA during the fight that had knocked him out.

The St. Khorran 55th.had been reassigned 3000 km away and nobody cared to organize a transport for the Ogryn despite the fact, that he was responsible for the first ground gain in half a year so he was once again moved, now to the Catachan 19th, the only regiment in the area with an intact Ogryn squadron.

The remaining year was not easy either, the Catachans were assigned to take out priority targets as tank support and took about 35% casualties in the time.

In the great imperial assault, Mork was promoted in the field, as he took an enemy radio outpost with the other remaining 3 Ogryns (and was the only survivor out of the 4) and securing it as an forward post for the rest of the company. He still carries the insignia despite the fact that Major Joesph Graham and all soldiers that stood witness during his promotion are now dead.

Regiment in which served: As said: Militia -> Ocatrious 1st -> St. Khorran 55th -> Catachan 19th

Rank: Sergant, although he can not prove it. But hell, he fought this war for 6 years now, killed 3 space marines, over 200 traitor Guardsmen and a bunch of war machinery including a freaking tank. nobody can tell him, that you can do all this without getting a promotion.

Equipment and uniform: Mork was recruited in the field and never went through training. This combined with the fact that he is fighting since the war started makes him feel entitled to a few exceptions from the rules concerning equipment.

He is still wearing the Ocatrious 1st uniform (Helmet and Flag vest), which was okay for the St. Khorrans, because they had no Ogryn sized flag vest anyway. He used to wear a sash with the insignias of the St. Khorrans and Catachans respectively but lost this during the disaster.

He has a chemsniffer, a small device alarming him of airborne toxins and other dangerous gases. It's hanging right next to his gasmask.

He carries a first aid kid, a small detonation pack with timer (a quite foolproof one) and a foldable spade.

His precious is his weapon ther "Firestrom MPAK 31 weapon system". It's a high quality commercial multi-purpose weapon, customized for Ogryn hands from his mercenary days, a weapon not found in the Imperial Army (although the ammunition is compatible). The base weapon is an autocannon with slightly reduced rate of fire but good precision. Currently, Mork has configured it with the plasma side gun (with a rather unheroic safety system, effectively making this a single shot weapon since it's cooldown lock is almost two minutes), an under-barrel RPG-launcher and a top-mounted x2 magnification scope and a flashlight.
In his large backpack he has loads of spare ammunition, an under-barrel grapple hook (with Ogryn-proof steel rope), a flame-thrower side weapon, a taster side weapon, a chain bayonet, a x4 magnification IR scope (currently broken) and an ultrasonic echo-detection scope (also currently broken).

Wounds: Has been hit by a large flame thrower in his days as a teenage mercenary on Argos. During the war, he had countless smaller injuries and a few broken bones, that all healed well. Only permanent damage is, that he lost his sense of smell after a gas-attack. Currently he is covered in minor bruises and cuts, since he was in radio tower building that got hit by an Chaos forces air strike.
Last edited by Kaledoria on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aelosia
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Aelosia » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:10 pm

Oh, well, is it too late to apply?
My ratings in the top 100:
Aelosia is ranked 12th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates
Aelosia is ranked 12th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates
Aelosia is ranked 12th in the world for Largest Defense Forces
Aelosia is ranked 13th in the world for Most Scientifically Advanced
Aelosia is ranked 20th in the world for Most Cultured
Aelosia is ranked 24th in the world for Most Subsidized Industry
Aelosia is ranked 25th in the world for Fastest-Growing Economies
Aelosia is ranked 38th in the world for Largest Public Transport Department
Aelosia is ranked 42th in the world for Largest Publishing Industry
Aelosia is ranked 51th in the world for Largest Information Technology Sector
Aelosia is ranked 61th in the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector

Factbook so far.

The Empire of Pretantia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Empire of Pretantia » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:11 pm

Aelosia wrote:Oh, well, is it too late to apply?

I doubt it, especially when it comes to the mistress.
ywn be as good as this video
Gacha
Trashing other people's waifus
Anti-NN
EA
Douche flutes
Zimbabwe
Putting the toilet paper roll the wrong way
Every single square inch of Asia
Lewding Earth-chan
Pollution
4Chan in all its glory and all its horror
Playing the little Switch controller handheld thing in public
Treading on me
Socialism, Communism, Anarchism, and all their cousins and sisters and brothers and wife's sons
Alternate Universe 40K
Nightcore
Comcast
Zimbabwe
Believing the Ottomans were the third Roman Empire
Parodies of the Gadsden flag
The Fate Series
US politics

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:20 pm

I'll put up a post now, twas' busy on the ends of the week.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

Legital
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Legital » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:00 pm

Kaledoria wrote:I realize you still need a sanctioned psion, a Mechanicus Adept, some priest to keep the moral up and ... well, don't know ... The Big Guy. I could provide the last:

Character:
Name: Mork (of the Lavamoles Tribe)
Appearance (Image preferred): 2.80 meters, a good 330 kg / about 9' 2" and 728 pounds. Skin used to be olive, is now flamethrower tan. No hair. Massive jaw, pronounced nose. All muscles, very little of the usual belly for his kind.

Biography: Born to the Lavamoles Tribe on the deathworld Argos in Laconia System, Mork learned from birth, how to survive. As many Ogryns of his world, he learned what he could and made himself a name as a mercenary and at the age of 17 finally managed to attract the attention of an Off-world Rogue Trader, his ticket off the barren, post-total-nuclear-war rock that was his homeworld.

He worked for 4 years in the service of Vermont de la Saladine. The time offered enough opportunities to improve his skills, that Mork used and enough opportunities to get killed, that he avoided, as Rogue trader Vermont's busyness was to sneak into Warzones and loot whatever he could (or rather: Have his men do so).
Between missions, however, Mork could take some off time in a concrete paradise (compared to Argos) named Epsilon Ocatrious, the rogue traders homeworld.

Right, THAT Epsilon Ocatrious. He was there, when the hell broke loose. Rogue trader Vermont fled after a week into the war using the stealthed shuttle ship he usually used to get in and out of warzones unnoticed.
Mork would have killed for a trip in that ship but the trader made sure, his loyal bodyguard and mercenary was pinned down by enemies when packing his ship full with the wealthiest of interplanetary nobles before takeoff.
Six weeks into the war, Mork was conscripted into the Guard, into the prestigious Ocatrious 1st Infantry. That was the year of heroes, as common men had to hold of chaos troops in the 100s, while waiting for the dreadfully slow imperial reinforcements.

Afterwards, he was tasked with skirmishes for two years, one of the tasks with longer then average life expectancy these days. Year 3 came, however, and his unit of formerly 110 men had shrunk down to 13 through constant attrition and the remainders were distributed to other units. Mork was assigned to the St. Khorran 55th.
A difficult time came, as his new assignment took him to urban warfare, statistically dividing his life expectancy by 3 (not that he knew something about statistics - Mork is very intelligent but only by Ogryn standards).
8 month into the new assignment a mission went bad. His team was wiped out and Mork was hit by a rocket. Luckily, some militias were able to get him out, regarding him as their savior since he had taken down 2 Sentinel walkers and 10 out of 12 Chaos Troopers prior to going down.

After 3 weeks in hospital, Mork went rogue for 4 month. His trusted weapon had been lost. He found it through the secret homing beacon but it had found it's way into the hands of a chaos space marine who had managed to bypass the biometric safety. Mork waited patiently, hiding close to the chaos encampment inside a minor habitation complex a few 100 miles outside Epsilon Prime. Then one day when the Imperial Guard attacked from south, he could sneak in from the north. The attack was fend of but as they returned Mork was waiting in a hiding spot. As the Chaos Marine who had stolen his weapon was isolated, Mork killed him in an ambush. Realizing, that he had also found the radio room, Mork contacted the Imperial Guard and told them of all enemy position and fortifications. A few perfectly timed explosions later, the Chaos troops were in disorder (beyond the usual) and the reopened attack by imperial troops was a success. To Mork's surprise, nobody asked any questions where he had been. Paperwork about his hospital downtime had been lost in the confusion and he had just been reported MIA during the fight that had knocked him out.

The St. Khorran 55th.had been reassigned 3000 km away and nobody cared to organize a transport for the Ogryn despite the fact, that he was responsible for the first ground gain in half a year so he was once again moved, now to the Catachan 19th, the only regiment in the area with an intact Ogryn squadron.

The remaining year was not easy either, the Catachans were assigned to take out priority targets as tank support and took about 35% casualties in the time.

In the great imperial assault, Mork was promoted in the field, as he took an enemy radio outpost with the other remaining 3 Ogryns (and was the only survivor out of the 4) and securing it as an forward post for the rest of the company. He still carries the insignia despite the fact that Major Joesph Graham and all soldiers that stood witness during his promotion are now dead.

Regiment in which served: As said: Militia -> Ocatrious 1st -> St. Khorran 55th -> Catachan 19th

Rank: Sergant, although he can not prove it. But hell, he fought this war for 6 years now, killed 3 space marines, over 200 traitor Guardsmen and a bunch of war machinery including a freaking tank. nobody can tell him, that you can do all this without getting a promotion.

Equipment and uniform: Mork was recruited in the field and never went through training. This combined with the fact that he is fighting since the war started makes him feel entitled to a few exceptions from the rules concerning equipment.

He is still wearing the Ocatrious 1st uniform (Helmet and Flag vest), which was okay for the St. Khorrans, because they had no Ogryn sized flag vest anyway. He used to wear a sash with the insignias of the St. Khorrans and Catachans respectively but lost this during the disaster.

He has a chemsniffer, a small device alarming him of airborne toxins and other dangerous gases. It's hanging right next to his gasmask.

He carries a first aid kid, a small detonation pack with timer (a quite foolproof one) and a foldable spade.

His precious is his weapon ther "Firestrom MPAK 31 weapon system". It's a high quality commercial multi-purpose weapon, customized for Ogryn hands from his mercenary days, a weapon not found in the Imperial Army (although the ammunition is compatible). The base weapon is an autocannon with slightly reduced rate of fire but good precision. Currently, Mork has configured it with the plasma side gun (with a rather unheroic safety system, effectively making this a single shot weapon since it's cooldown lock is almost two minutes), an under-barrel RPG-launcher and a top-mounted x2 magnification scope and a flashlight.
In his large backpack he has loads of spare ammunition, an under-barrel grapple hook (with Ogryn-proof steel rope), a flame-thrower side weapon, a taster side weapon, a chain bayonet, a x4 magnification IR scope (currently broken) and an ultrasonic echo-detection scope (also currently broken).

Wounds: Has been hit by a large flame thrower in his days as a teenage mercenary on Argos. During the war, he had countless smaller injuries and a few broken bones, that all healed well. Only permanent damage is, that he lost his sense of smell after a gas-attack. Currently he is covered in minor bruises and cuts, since he was in radio tower building that got hit by an Chaos forces air strike.

Accepted.

Aelosia wrote:Oh, well, is it too late to apply?

Of course not, you can still apply.

And, everyone, I will post soon. I just want to make sure people get the chance to post.
"The Emperor Protects."

Legital
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Legital » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:29 pm

Also, one thing I want to say, Vox on open frequencies are going to be impossible to use. When you have nearly a hundred regiments being slaughtered by a literal tide of Chaos, the vox would be awash with cries for help and orders.
"The Emperor Protects."

Sub Sector Protractis
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Sub Sector Protractis » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:32 pm

Many units have a command only freq that us open between the command sections of all subordinate units
A 6.1 civilization, according to this index.

Legital
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Legital » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:01 pm

Sub Sector Protractis wrote:Many units have a command only freq that us open between the command sections of all subordinate units

That's true, but imagine a hundred of those for each regiment. A hundred panicked humans screaming for help. Imagine that some of the voxs are being manned by frantic guardsmen. All I am saying is that the radio waves are not going to be clean and orderly.
"The Emperor Protects."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse