NATION

PASSWORD

Time Travelers Extravaganza! (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Northern Artic Islands
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Time Travelers Extravaganza! (IC)

Postby Northern Artic Islands » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:05 am

((This is the IC. If you want to apply, check the OOC. Also, no OOC talk in here, unless it's relative to the rolls, and not a question.
Link to the OOC: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=225684&p=13011369#p13011369))

The room lightens up, a little intro song comes up, along with a cheering cloud and the apparent Show Host

"Ah, finally we get to start this! Dear audience I hereby welcome you, to the official first episode ooooooof TIME TRAVELERS EXTRRRRAVAGANZA!"

Three contestants walk to the host.
"And here we have our Time Travelers!
Here next to me is Chris Jenkins! And, my dear audience, beware, this one is a REAL wampire, unlike that sparkling one from Twilight!"
*Laughs and cheering from the crowd*

"Ah, the renowned Pedro Diablo-Ignacio! If you do not know him.. Well, he's A BARKING HALF-DRAGON! Blisters, if you aren't scared of someone like him yet, just watch, I'm sure he's going to be a promising contestant!"
*Loud cheering from the crowd*

"And here we have our third man, look closely, and you, Cameraman, zoom in! Yup, he's quite hard to see, but I'm sure that some enemies will find him! Ladies and Gentlemen, Derek Vinyard!"
*Insecure cheering*

The room goes dark, and smoke fills it. An odd sound is to hear.
"Ah, here they are, our time booths! Well, go ahead, we want this show to start, no?"

You hop in the Time booths, and an elevator music surrounds you. You notice a hidden camera.
A led light signals that you will land in Ancient Roman times, but not where.
You are in the Time-Space flux. While you are waiting, you may choose an item to your liking, relative to the time.
Last edited by Northern Artic Islands on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:05 am, edited 5 times in total.
Economic Left/Right: -3.1
Social Liberitarian/Authoritarian -2.2
I am a center-left moderate social libertarian.

The problem with quotes on the Internet, is the difficulty to verify it's authenticity -Abraham Lincoln

Jormengand
Powerbroker

Founded: May 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jormengand » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:20 am

Sword! I want a sword to... sword things with!
Jormengand wrote:It would be really meta if I sigged this.

Lewina
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lewina » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:15 am

"Hard choice! I want aaaaaaa............. Hmmmmmmmm....... JESUS THIS IS FUCKING HARD!!!!!! I'll have a chariot with spikes on the wheels. (That comes with two horses)."
Being NJ since '96

Shadyrya
Senator

Founded: Jul 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadyrya » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:03 pm

"I'll take a gladius!" I exclaimed. "Gladiuses are gladiusy!"
Shad :)

Northern Artic Islands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Artic Islands » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:15 pm

"Ah, good news, new contestants! And you know what that means, MORE ACTION!"
The time booth apparently is connected to the Host's microphone.

"In the fourth booth, we have a Fire Mage! His name is Silva. That's right, only Silva. Poor guy must be an orphan or something!"
*Forced stock laugh*

"And the other newcomer is a Turian. A turian is... well him. Just look at him."

"And here we have our first Female contestant, yes, women are equal here, because we're not evil, right?... Right?

..Uhm... Yeah, anyways, She's a Pirate. From Space. How awesome is that?!"

"Now, ladies and gentlemen, do not laugh... because the LOLbot is here! *Audience Laughs* Yes, yes, he's quite the lollard, but we should consider there's a bit of fighting to do in this show. Do you think this robot has been programmed for that? We'll see!"

"To our other contestants, you will have some friends in your trip now, don't be scared... Unless they try to kill you, for some reason, that wouldn't be that nice..."
Last edited by Northern Artic Islands on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

The problem with quotes on the Internet, is the difficulty to verify it's authenticity -Abraham Lincoln

Maduran
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Maduran » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:03 pm

Fidela tapped her foot impatiently, she had an annoyed expression on her face and her arms were crossed, “just get me my bloody sword so we can get on with this.” She wasn't exactly happy to have been forced here for a, as her captain called it, ‘vacation.” ‘The ships probably in anarchy,’ she thought, ‘the captain needed his lieutenant even if he didn't want to admit it.’

Nytavuthar
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nytavuthar » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:08 pm

John rolled around in the booth. He beeped "Give me a stick!I want a stick! Give me a stick NOW!"

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Len Hyet » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:23 pm

Silva stroked his chin.

"Hm... hm... hm... I GOT IT! I WANT A GLADIUS! Gimmie gimmie gimmie!"
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.
American 2L. No I will not answer your legal question.

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:30 pm

"oh, give me a Roman Shield." Said Tedian
Last edited by New Roman Empire on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

Northern Artic Islands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Artic Islands » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:36 pm

"Ah, it was time. The time-vortex has stabilized, and our contestants are in Ancient Rome!

What Items will they have chosen? Did the booth give it to them? Who knows! Let's see!"

Pedro asked for a sword [8], and you'd expect a Gladius right? WRONG, he gets a Greek Kopis (+2 melee, +1 defense, can function as a Machete)

Derek wanted a chariot, with two horses [4], but the Chariot is old and Battered, and instead of horses he got mules. Well that's not very impressive, is it? (Chariot: +2 defense)

Chris wanted a Gladius, obviously [8], and he got a Sharp Gladius.(+2 melee, bonus on light-armoured enemies)

Fidela requested a Sword. You guys got a lot of fantasy, don't you? [8] And she gets a Celtic Sword. (2+melee, +2 defense)

John wanted a Stick, [7] and... got a stick? I mean, you can still poke someone's eye out with it, but a stick? (+1 melee, may be used to craft)

Silva wanted, *sigh* another gladius... [10], and he got a Gladius. Wait what the hell was that? Did he just shoot a lightning bolt out of it? That's going to be a bit of a show! (Giove's Gladius +1 Melee, +1 defense, Can shoot lighting bolts)

Finally, Tedian asked a Roman shield! Finally something different! Jeez! [6] And well... Just a plain shield. (+2 Defense)

So, everyone's ready. OPEN THE BOOTHS!

The door of your Time Machine opens, you're outside Pompei, it seems, judging by the Volcano, and you see a Dock down the hill, where everyone seems to head north. The Guards of the city just changed, and didn't notice your ...different arrival.

Where are you headed? (Into Pompei? Or to Rome, by ship?)
Last edited by Northern Artic Islands on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lewina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lewina » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:40 pm

"To Rome! Onwards mules!"

Action: head to Rome on the chariot.
Being NJ since '96

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:42 pm

"Wait for me, Onward to Rome." Then walks off in the direction of docks.
Last edited by New Roman Empire on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

Maduran
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Maduran » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:49 pm

"Well I hate to be cliche," she shrugs, "but when in Rome, head to Rome. Wait for me guys."

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Postby Len Hyet » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:56 pm

Silva looked at his awesome new Sword and grinned wickedly. He pointed it at a nearby tree and tried to shoot a lighting bolt at it.
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.

Nytavuthar
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nytavuthar » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:44 pm

John processed maybe I should hitch a ride, so he rolled in front of the man with the mules
Action: Stop the man with the mules
Last edited by Nytavuthar on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Northern Artic Islands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Artic Islands » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:40 am

"Ladies and gentlemen, yet another one joins this show, say hello toooo Daniel Mercury! He looks pretty normal, right? Well, he's undead. Yup, a zombie. Let's see how this fabulous zombie does in ancient times. "

Due to the fact that Daniel had to join the other quickly, he lost the advantage of having a wish granted.
Last edited by Northern Artic Islands on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jormengand
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jormengand » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:48 pm

Pedro goes on to Rome.

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:58 am

Of course, the problems of coming late always manifest. Oh well, who cares, he will surely find something useful once they get to Rome, and with all this hot-blooded warriors surely he can ravage the first victim right.
I mean, a favor between two corpses. Also a boat might be nice, even if it sinks he can simply walk to the coast, thank you no breathing.

Action: Go to Rome by ship.
OVERLORD Daniel Mercury of Firstaria
Original Author of SC #5 and SC #30

Northern Artic Islands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Artic Islands » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:50 am

Interfering actions:

Derek heads to rome. on his chariot, John decides to stop him.
John: 2 vs. Derek: 1 = 1.

John runs ahead Derek and stops in front of him, but the mules get scared and accelerate, running over John, wich makes the chariot go out of control. Out of balance, the chariot flips over and begins to roll down the hill, with Derek stll inside.

Result:

Derek= 2 Injuries
Derek's chariot= Broken wheel, cracked chassis. ( Wheel must be repaired. Chariot loses 1 defense bonus.)
John= 2 Injuries

General Actions:

Fidela heads to the docks too... [4], but once arrived, she observed the beauty of the sea, and without looking where she's putting her feet, he trips on the same rock Tedian tripped, she loses her blance and falls on the ground. (1 injury)

Silva tests his new Lightning Sword on a nearby tree [2], but the bolt backfired and explodes right in front of him. Ouch. (2 Injuries)

Pedro goes to the docks, [7], and while walking down the hill, he notices a small cave nearby, perhaps there's something of value in it? (Pedro found a secret cave, other contestants do not know of this cave, unless Pedro says it out loud, or tells someone.)

Daniel walks to the docks [2], but he too was astonished by the sea, and walks against Pedro, surprised by him he jumps back, losing his footing on the mobile terrain and falls on his head. Undead aren't apparently really agile! *audience laughs at him* (2 Injuries)

Combat Actions:

Tedian heads to the docks... [3], but upon his arrival, he trips on a rock, and lets out a scream in pain. A Roman guard, scared by his appearance and his screams, calls Civilians out to get to safety, and charges Tedian, leaving his shield behind.

Roman Guard= 0/4 injuries, Short Spear (+2 Damage, -1 defense)
Tedian= 0 Injuries, Shield (+2 Defense)

Roman Guard [8], +2 = [10] vs. Tedian [8] +2 = [10] ... [0]!

The Roman guard charges and jumps at Tedian, holding his spear in front of him, but Tedian manages to raise his Shield up in time! The Spear slips from the Guard's grip, and cuts his hand! While his attack failed, the attacker jumped On Tedian, who loses his balance and gets squished under the Guard.

Roman Guard= 2/4 injuries, Short Spear (+2 Damage, -1 defense)
Tedian Rangle= 2 Injuries, Shield (+2 Defense)

New contestants:

And, ladies and gentlemen, if this initial bit of action hasn't entertained you yet, we have someone new! Come join the party, Admiral Ackbar! Oh yes, it's HIM.
Last edited by Northern Artic Islands on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Postby Len Hyet » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:52 am

Silva muttered obscenities and began to make his way to the Docks, rubbing his blackened skin and patting his staticky hair.

ACTION: Go to Docks

Jormengand
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jormengand » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:06 am

Ohey a cave.

Pedro: Descend.

Of planets
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Of planets » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:04 am

Ackbar realised that as everyone else is going to rome (and possible death), Then imagine all the cool loot (and probable death) in Pompei!

Action: go into Pompei
Please, call me Planets

My RPs
Major John J. Johnson
The Blue wizards
Elrond halfelven
Tarik Blepharon
Theo Bell, Archon of the Brujah
Lark The Unkillable
Father James Hooper
The Carpenter
Belthazar Cauk
Thorak The Ineffable
Magil Of The Shadows
John Sydney Addams
The Foltests
Grace Caballa
Felix Jaeger
Rohan

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:14 pm

Getting up from the hurt, Daniel decides to rest while the roman guards are being killed by his friends. He's gonna get some nice equipment at the end of it, and he doesn't want to ruin his occasion.

Action: Rest.
OVERLORD Daniel Mercury of Firstaria
Original Author of SC #5 and SC #30

Lewina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lewina » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:44 pm

Derek got hurt and started rubbing his knee

"What a douche," he stated still rubbing his knee.

Action: Rest/heal.
Being NJ since '96

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:58 pm

"Help, I am being squished!"
[/floatright][floatleft]