NATION

PASSWORD

The Walking Dead: El Nuevo Mundo / Episode 4 [IC - OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

The Walking Dead: El Nuevo Mundo / Episode 4 [IC - OPEN]

Postby Camicon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:43 pm

The Walking Dead: Nuevo Mundo / Episode 4 [IC - OPEN]

El Nuevo Mundo
Survivor Stories Episode Four

The world has fallen, and the living have become prey for the dead. All across America, we have seen the disintegration and downfall of human dominance and society: social order crumbling, infrastructure failing, and the human psyche reverting to its natural state of survival. But is all hope lost? Some say that safety lies in the rural Midwest. Some, in North Africa. Others say that there is no hope, and that there never will be, that all is gone, and they are the only left. Many "opted-out" in the first few weeks of the apocalypse, most succumbed to the hordes of infected, but a small few were able to survive. Now, they must weather this onslaught of the undead the best they can. People will die along the way, friendships and trusts will be broken, but in the end.. will it be for the greater good?

In the wake of EPISODE THREE, the survivors have fled Michigan state in a twin-prop airplane. Preoccuppied holding a trial for Alex Brighton, charged with the attempted murder of Scott Sheridan, the Watcher mole named Joseph Abney stole almost all of their supplies, and destroyed all of their vehicles. Following the attempted suicide of Johnny Hayes, the successful suicide of Xia Chan, the desertion of Yussef Mahedi, and the gruesome death of Chloe Cotillard, the group is nearly at it's breaking point. Low on food, water, and weapons, the group's last hope for survival is now reaching "the Compound": a supposedly safe haven run by the military-strongman Matthew Shelton.

Will the survivors make their way safely through Tennessee? Will those who do be able to integrate into the Compound? Will they even want to? And more importantly, will they be ready for when the New World comes knocking?

As the plane drifted closer to the tarmac, Matthew Shelton attempting to land the group without any horrible mishaps, the "present" that Joseph Abney (a.k.a. the Watcher called Cartwright) finally made itself known.

Really, the entire thing could have been so easily avoided, if only somebody in the group had used their brain for half a minute.

OK... well... not really.

Joseph had found himself with some spare time on his hands, in between stealing all of the group's supplies and destroying their vehicles, and as luck would have it he had stumbled upon a vest that was strapped with copious amounts of C4. Experienced as he was in dealing with the military-grade explosive, Joseph wasted no time in utilizing some of it to cause the group he was "travelling" with some more grief.

Joseph took two lengths of copper wire, both of which hooked into a 9-volt battery as well as a small switch, and very loosely bent the two ends and hooked them together. Now, the switch Joseph was using was a very special switch. He had jimmied it together, using some useless bits from the electronic detonator and a flashlight. With the current of the 9-volt battery running through it, the switch was locked into place. However, if that current were to stop for even a fraction of a second, then the switch would flick 90o to the side, creating a new pathway for the 9-volt. A pathway which ran through the electronic detonator. If that were to happen, if the current from the 9-volt were to run through the detonator, then the blasting caps inside would ignite, setting off the C4 to which it was attached.

Now, Joseph had been thorough. He had left a small bundle of supplies in the back of the plane, for the express purpose of hiding the small brick of C4 underneath. Now, one of the copper wires had been taped to the back of almost half the items in the pile. Perfectly hidden from view, if a person was to pick up the wrong item, the wires would disconnect, the switch would flick, and the C4 would detonate. Now, as luck might have it, nobody in the group had tried to rummage through the supplies, so nobody had yanked on the wire and detonated the C4. That luck, however, seemed to have just ran out. The turbulence of the test flight that Shelton had made, combined with the turbulence experienced during the flight to Tennessee, was just barely enough to jostle the two wires loose of each other.

The switch flicked. One-hundred feet above the ground, the C4 exploded.

As the bomb had been buried underneath a pile of supplies, most of the explosive force had been directed downward. It blasted a very sizeable hole in the tail of the plane, damaging the hydraulic systems that provided power to the horizontal stabilizer. The lightest of the supplies, mostly food, were thrown towards the cockpit by the force of the explosion. The heavier of the supplies, such as the weapons and ammunition, were all blasted outside the plane, falling to the ground below. Shredded plastic water bottles fluttered somewhat slowly on the breeze, drifting far afield, never to be recovered. The noise of the explosion was almost enough the deafen the occupants. At the very least, they wouldn't be able to hear properly for the better part of a day.

Shelton would now find it almost impossible to land the plane. Without the use of the aircraft's horizontal stabilizer, the Beechcraft was doomed to a crash landing. Shelton, however, never even had a chance to try. Before anyone had time to act, the nose of the aircraft dipped. Lurching downwards, the plane slammed into the tarmac, gouging a large trench into the surface as it slid towards the end of the runway.

Though the fuel in the plane didn't ignite immediately, it was only a matter of time.
Last edited by Camicon on Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Tlaceceyaya
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tlaceceyaya » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:52 pm

Finn was shocked when he heard gunshots from outside the plane. He looked out the window, but couldn't tell what was going on. He decided to ask the pilot later.
Just after waking up from a long nap, Finn heard a very loud noise. He put his hands over his ears, but still felt a massive ringing in them.

It all went by so fast that Finn was not even aware of what was happening until the plane had crashed into the ground. When he realized that the plane had crashed - damn that rude woman who told him that it was safe - he grabbed his riot shield and stumbled out of the plane, collapsing onto the ground after going only a few metres.
Last edited by Tlaceceyaya on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right -9.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -8.87
Also, Bonobos.

Dimitri Tsafendas wrote:You are guilty not only when you commit a crime, but also when you do nothing to prevent it when you have the chance.

Konariona
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Konariona » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:00 pm

The noise was abrupt and the three Brainless in the room groaned as a single.. man.. looked up. Man was not really the right word. Not anymore. But enough about him. The noise threw the entire apartment's roughly 50 zombies into turmoil, and they all rushed to get out, to go to the airfield.
"Garrraaaaaaghhh!" yelled the thing in a loud tone, "Now.. is not time to feed. Soon. Now no."
The Brainless, confused, looked about, curious as to why it was not feeding time. Wasn't it always feeding time?
"You stay now," the thing that used to be a man said as he exited the building surreptitiously and began to wander over to the grocery store, which was a short distance outside of the building. There might be a little bit of old meat, and then he could eat. It'd been awhile. And so he walked at a slightly faster pace than the others, not recognizable from the rest, because, if he ran like he could at his full exertion, it wouldn't make for a good day; he'd been shot at quite a bit recently, and attention wasn't something really desired. He'd only run once, and it'd gone well. Flesh for him, and then for the rest. Those three had satiated his appetite for many days after.
Last edited by Konariona on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greetings, traveler.

Ruled by a hereditary monarch, Emperor-General Helix Dominastad.

You want our arms? Molon labe, Xerxes.

Nexeria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:04 pm

Kenny

Kenny's daze was interrupted by the explosion. It very quickly became harder to breathe. AS Zoe screamed, Kenny reached for the oxygen mask above her chair. He put the mask on Zoe and buckled her in tight.

Their was yet another problem. Seeing as how there wasn't enough seats, some of the passengers would have had to lay down on the ground. "HANG ON!" Kenny yelled, not knowing how exactly loud he yelled due to the ringing. He then stood and struggled his way down the aisle. Making his way to the passengers who had not been seated and extended his hand.

"GRAB ON TO ME!" He yelled.
I have no mouth. And I must scream.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Gabrielle had fallen asleep almost before the plane had taken off, lulled by the engines. That was a serious mistake as she had failed to strap in before doing so. The sound of the blast woke her up, but by that point she was already flying through the air, pitched out of her seat by the sudden jolt. As the plane slammed into the asphalt of the runway, she smacked into the bulkhead, left side first, then slid limply down.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Nexeria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:24 pm

Kenny

As the plane hit the tarmac, Gabrielle flew through the air and slammed into the bulkhead hard. Kenny's right arm tugged against the leg off chair, creating a stinging pain in his arm, due to the burns.

"Motherfucker!" Kenny screamed.

Trying to regain his stance, Kenny pushed his way to Gabrielle, and grabbed hold of her. The plane was now coming to a slow but violent landing. Kenny used his own body as shield to prevent Gabrielle from being hit by any debris. "Just stay down, til it stops!" He yelled, as his hearing slowly came back.

[OOC: I hope this action improves my relationship with some of you.]
Last edited by Nexeria on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:40 pm

Allison had been knocked around violently in the crash, and wasn't sitting where she was before hand. He head hurt and her ears were ringing. "Fuck...did we get hit by a tank?" She coughed. She tried to sit up and move, but a sharp pain was sent through her leg. "AaaaaaAAAAAAAAGGHHHH!!!!!!!" She yelled. Looking down, she saw she was on the floor, with a rather large piece of metal through her right calf. "....Holy fuck...." She said in a high-pitched shocked tone. There was a lot of blood around her, and her sister was busy regaining her bearings. Allison started to go into the first stage of shock as she tried to figure out what to do about her leg.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Nexeria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:53 pm

Kenny

Kenny's eyes darted towards Allison whose leg had been pierced by some scrap metal. "Stay down!" Kenny yelled to Gabrielle. The plane was now grinding to a stop. Kenny motioned his way to Allison. What are you doing?! Kenny?! You fucking hate her!Kenny's mind told him. As Kenny's heart fought against his brain, he looked at Allison leg which was in bad shape.

"Hang on! I'll help you! Just wait a sec!" Kenny told her and searched his surrounding area for medical supplies.

[The plane is now stopped.]
Last edited by Nexeria on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:15 pm

When the plane came to a halt, there was a sickening twisting sound, and then a thud. The metal had been grinding into the ground before screwing into Allison's calf a bit farther. The thud was her collapsing on her back. The pain was everywhere on the rating scale. Her eyes rolled to the top of her eyelids. He left eye twitched a bit and so did her left hand. She was almost completely unresponsive and a little more pale too. Her breathing sounded more like whimpering.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Nexeria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:34 pm

Monfrox wrote:When the plane came to a halt, there was a sickening twisting sound, and then a thud. The metal had been grinding into the ground before screwing into Allison's calf a bit farther. The thud was her collapsing on her back. The pain was everywhere on the rating scale. Her eyes rolled to the top of her eyelids. He left eye twitched a bit and so did her left hand. She was almost completely unresponsive and a little more pale too. Her breathing sounded more like whimpering.

Kenny

When Allison began screaming and whimpering Kenny's brain said, Fuck it! Help her!Unable to find a med bag, Kenny had to take matters into his own hands. "This is going to hurt and I'm deeply sorry, but look at it this way, at least your not on fire!" Kenny then in flash pulled the shard out of her leg, which no doubt, caused her to scream more.

Zoe took off her the oxygen mask and buckles and made her way to Kenny. Kenny eyes then darted up at Zoe. "Zoe! Grab a light bag of supplies and then head up front to get outside!" Zoe took off, grabbing a small back-pack.

Kenny returning his attention to Allison, tore a piece of cloth off his shirt and wrapped Allison's leg. "Can't work on it here! I gotta get you outside!" Kenny, gaining the strength of a fire-fighter lifted Allison up and made his way to the door where Zoe was standing.

Kenny made his way to the exit yelling, "Someone grab Gabrielle! She's out cold! Hurry up! Everybody out!"

The door was slightly jammed, but popped open after a couple of kicks. The stairs collapsed onto the tarmac and Zoe darted out. Kenny quickly followed still holding Allison.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:37 pm

Allison breathed in sharply when Kenny, very forcefully, removed the jagged metal from her calf. Then, she blacked out and went completely limp. Her brain's sensory system for registering pain overloaded and she shut down. Ashely groaned and looked around the interior. "Last time I fly, ever." She groaned as she tried to climb out.

Achievement

Nexeria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:49 pm

Kenny

Kenny wasn't paying much attention to his surroundings. For all he knew, Shelton's men could be dead or walkers. He just blindly called out for help to anyone nearby.

"Someone help me! I gotta a woman bleeding out over here!"
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:16 am

As the explosion forced the plane to crash-land, Scott and Monroe held onto their chairs tight as the plane crash-landed. Once the vehicle stopped, Scott and Monroe sat for a little bit as they recovered, dazed as they were still affected by the landing before quickly climbing out of the plane, their weapons at the ready as they provided 360-degree security. Sure, they wanted to help the others, but the best they could do right now was provide security. Walkers would be on their way, and it was up to Monroe and Scott to protect the area.

"KEEP THE INJURED IN THE PLANE!" Scott yelled. "STAY BEHIND MYSELF AND MONROE! FIRST PRIORITY IS THE INJURED! MONROE AND I HAVE SECURITY!"

Monroe noticed Kenny nearby with Allison, who was injured.

"GET HER BEHIND US!" he yelled. "STAY IN THE PLANE! IT'S THE ONLY DEFENSIVE STRUCTURE WE HAVE RIGHT NOW! KENNY, APPLY PRESSURE TO THE WOUND! WHERE IS THE WOUND LOCATED ON HER BODY?!?"

Like Shelton had said earlier, Walkers would be approaching, not exactly a horde, but still a formidable force. As they closed in on the plane, Scott and Monroe began firing their weapons in semi-only, rather than automatic. Although Scott was trained to shoot for the center of mass, he was still competent enough to shoot them in the head, and he had the advantage of reaction time, but he was still somewhat dazed from the crash. The reason for not moving from the plane was practical; they didn't know the airport that well, and Scott felt competent in their ability to keep back the horde.

"SHELTON, I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOUR PEOPLE WERE HERE!" Monroe yelled.
Last edited by Cylarn on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

United World Order
Senator

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United World Order » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:10 am

Johnny stumbled out of the plsne shotgun in hand he had twisted his leg but it wasent severe he was waliking with a slight limp as he followed what Scott said providing 360 security. Johnny was covering the wrecked tail of the plane as he kept watch for approaching walkers.

DuThaal Craftworld
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby DuThaal Craftworld » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:15 am

Cylarn wrote:As the explosion forced the plane to crash-land, Scott and Monroe held onto their chairs tight as the plane crash-landed. Once the vehicle stopped, Scott and Monroe quickly climbed out of the plane, their weapons at the ready as they provided 360-degree security. Sure, they wanted to help the others, but the best they could do right now was provide security. Walkers would be on their way, and it was up to Monroe and Scott to protect the area.

"KEEP THE INJURED IN THE PLANE!" Scott yelled. "STAY BEHIND MYSELF AND MONROE! FIRST PRIORITY IS THE INJURED! MONROE AND I HAVE SECURITY!"

"Fucking hell. Sir." I state, wringing my head from side to side to clear it before noticing something.
There's a massive ass hole in the back of the plane, but more importantly, like some sort of act of god, my SKS is stabbed into the ceiling by the bayonet, otherwise fine, just hangin there about a foot in front of me. Not bad, god. Not bad.
Retrieving my rifle I smash out the window beside me with the butt plate before sticking he barrel through the newly formed hole and checking the area.
"Immediate area seems clear. If you'd like, I could take out the zed at 400ft. 12 heads, definitely comin towards us." I inform Shelton, shouldering my rifle. I may not be military, bu hat doesn't mean I don't know how securing an area works.
Eldar. Not Dark Eldar. Eldar.
FT+FanT
METAL BAWKSES

Nua Corda wrote:Read the rest of the quote by clicking the 'wrote' button.

Mindhar on The Lord of the Rings

SSTxReaper
Minister

Founded: Nov 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SSTxReaper » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:12 am

Can't remember the date anymore. It's been too long since I last saw a calendar to keep up with days. Don't know how much time I have left to live. I been scavenging for supplies but mainly been living off of the wilderness. I wrote a couple of pages in this journal now and well the other pages are kinda dirty or rip off.

It was somewhere around November or December (cant remember) when my class of 2013 went on a field trip to Tenessee. We were having fun when those zombies out there began to eat us. My class was stuck inside the hotel we were staying at and I didnt want to die there. So I and a couple of friends escaped just before the zombies broke into the hotel and started to eat everyone inside. As time went on my friends died of illness or got eaten. I survived by scavenging for supplies or eating of the wilderness. Thank god for AFJROTC, otherwise I would have died a long time ago. When I was in AFJROTC they taught us about basic survival which im using now..... Wait theres a plane?

I looked up from my journal and looked up into the sky. It was. A plane in the sky. I was fill with joy and thought I was the only one alive. I began to gather my things which wasnt much when I heard the explosion. Immeidatley I looked up and saw smoke coming from the plane. Horrified at what happen I quickly started to run toward where the plane was falling down. Hopefully someone was alive.
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."-J. Robert Oppenheimer

"Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war."-Donald Trump

"Leadership cannot really be taught. It can only be learned."-Harold S. Geneen

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards "-Albert Einstein

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:35 am

Anna was about to move out to her next spot, but all of a sudden she saw a tunnel of smoke in the sky. A plane, she thought. It crashed, making a horrible noise of screeching metal. After a few moments, she decided it would be best to go and check it out. After all, even if no one survived, there would be supplies at least. She hurried, knowing that the noise would attract the undead and the alive. As she approached it, some of the walkers have already come there before her. She shot the things. She also saw movement inside the plane. There were survivors.
ಠ_ಠ Proud owner of the Mystery Genre RPer award 2014!!
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

Khelshar
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Khelshar » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:43 am

When the plane had started to take off, Thomas had started to feel safe. For the first time in some time now. He felt assured that the Watchers had not rigged the plane, and they had given up messing with them. He looked out the window. He tried to close his eyes, but right before he would fall asleep, he was woken by gunshots. He looked right at the Watchers, holding a gun against a little girl!! Was that the girl that we had thought to be a Watcher?

When he saw them shoot her, Thomas started banging on the window, and trying to open his belt. It would not open, so he just kept screaming and knocking on the window. Then they released some zombies, who killed and ate the girl. For some reason, that did not disturb him. She was now dead. And he did not care anymore. Now that she was dead, it did not matter. What would make her death different from any others death? And he started to slowly realize what had happened to Xia. The plane took of, and he started to worry. He did not like flying, and being on a plane, not far away from the Watchers, just made it worse. He rested his head on the pillow from the seat, and tried to sleep.

Thomas quickly woke up. The plane was crashing. He wore a belt, so he was not tossed around in the plane. The plane seemed to quickly go down. He grabbed the seat arms all he could, and started praying to himself to surive.
Nation under re-construction

Virenna
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Virenna » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:15 am

Nick was horrified by the young girl's death as the group took off for the plane. 'A little girl? The Watchers are sick- they aren't human,' he thought to himself. "Better-trained walkers," He bitterly whispered as the child was torn apart, growing smaller and smaller as the King Air took off. Nonetheless, the relatively stable motion of the plane had caused to Nick to slowly fall into slumber, dreaming of the safe haven waiting for them in Tennessee.

Nick was fast asleep when the explosion occurred. He felt an intense whiplash as the plane came crashing into the ground; chaos reigned from then. Objects flew left and right, the engine screamed like a banshee straight out of hell, and once the plane was finally down, the loud yells and moans of the injured and dying dominated the area as small fires spread. Walkers would arrive soon.

Nick had a searing pain in his head, and white flashes seemed to dance before his eyes. He definitely had a concussion. Slowly getting up, he also realized his shoulder had disconnected. But he was lucky compared to the others who now anguished all around him. Allison had a deep wound in her thigh, Gabrielle was unconscious, and only Kenny was fit enough to begin caring for them and the others wounded.

He then heard the gunshots outside; Monroe and Scott were holding a swarm of walkers off. Nick tried to walk forward, but was slapped with a heavy dizziness. He managed to give a mild yell outside, breathing heavily as smoke accumulated. "Monroe, Scott...There could be dead inside the plane turning right now..." He then turned to Kenny, "Keep...k-keep pressure on Allison's wound..." Nick didn't notice whether they heard him or not and instead moved over to Gabrielle. He strained with his injury to lift her and put her in a miraculously stable seat which hadn't suffered much damage. He got no response from her, though. Hopefully she was alive, and just knocked out. Hopefully.

Next he would check the cockpit. Using debris, Nick managed to stumble his way through his dizziness to the still-intact cockpit and check on Shelton and Taylor. He prayed they both were alive, for the group's sake. "Are you...okay? Hey?" He said toward the two.
Last edited by Virenna on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:43 am, edited 5 times in total.
FLAG

"Iron hand in a velvet glove."
-Charles V

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:19 am

Virenna wrote:Nick was horrified by the young girl's death as the group took off for the plane. A little girl? The Watchers were sick- they weren't human. He thought to himself. "Better-trained walkers," He bitterly whispered as the child was torn apart, growing smaller and smaller as the King Air took off. Nonetheless, the relatively stable motion of the plane had caused to Nick to slowly fall into slumber, dreaming of the safe haven waiting for them in Tennessee.

Nick was fast asleep when the explosion occurred. He felt an intense whiplash as the plane came crashing into the ground; chaos reigned from then. Objects flew left and right, the engine screamed like a banshee straight out of hell, and once the plane was finally down, the loud yells and moans of the injured and dying dominated the area as small fires spread. Walkers would arrive soon.

Nick had a searing pain in his head, and white flashes seemed to dance before his eyes. He definitely had a concussion. Slowly getting up, he also realized his shoulder had disconnected. But he was lucky compared to the others who now anguished all around him. Allison had a deep wound in her thigh, Gabrielle was unconscious, and only Kenny was fit enough to begin caring for them and the others wounded.

He then heard the gunshots outside; Monroe and Scott were holding a swarm of walkers off. Nick tried to walk forward, but was slapped with a heavy dizziness. He managed to give a mild yell outside, breathing heavily as smoke accumulated. "Monroe, Scott...There could be dead inside the plane turning right now..." He then turned to Kenny, "Keep...k-keep pressure on Allison's wound..." Nick didn't notice whether they heard him or not and instead moved over to Gabrielle. He strained with his injury to lift her and put her in a miraculously stable seat which hadn't suffered much damage. He got no response from her, though. Hopefully she was alive, and just knocked out. Hopefully.

Next he would check the cockpit. Using debris, Nick managed to stumble his way through his dizziness to the still-intact cockpit and check on Shelton and Taylor. He prayed they both were alive, for the group's sake. "Are you...okay? Hey?" He said toward the two.

Despite the gunfire, Scott could hear Nick's concerns, but Scott was in no position to deal with that. The horde was his main concern, but Nick could probably take care of the dead.

"NICK!" Scott yelled. "CHECK FOR CASUALTIES THEN! IF THEY'RE DEAD, MAKE SURE THEY DON'T COME BACK!"
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:26 am

Anna saw some of the people. Not wanting to get shot, she pointed her pistol in their direction. She wasn't sure if anybody had seen her, but she wasn't aware that there was a walker not so far behind her. She approached the plane even closer. She was nervous and frightened. The people might as well shoot her out of fear of her being a bandit, or after all, could be bandits themselves.
ಠ_ಠ Proud owner of the Mystery Genre RPer award 2014!!
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

Virenna
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Virenna » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:28 am

Despite the gunfire, Scott could hear Nick's concerns, but Scott was in no position to deal with that. The horde was his main concern, but Nick could probably take care of the dead.

"NICK!" Scott yelled. "CHECK FOR CASUALTIES THEN! IF THEY'RE DEAD, MAKE SURE THEY DON'T COME BACK!"

Nick managed to give a reply. "Alright...I-I'm just...checking Shelton and Taylor..." The concussion was beginning to infuriate him.
FLAG

"Iron hand in a velvet glove."
-Charles V

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:22 am

Michigan

"Oh my God..."
Captain Shelton's jaw slipped open and the controls of the plane were completely forgotten.
He knew already what would unfold. His stomach twisted into a knot and he felt sick, but still he wrapped an arm around Taylor's head and jerked her face into his chest, despite her struggling. He didn't want her to see any more than she already had. He turned his head slightly, trying not to look at the carnage. As the plane lifted into the air, he let out a long ragged breath and released Taylor's blonde head, her face coming up from his chest streaked with tears.
"Sssshhh...Don't talk. Just, don't think about it."
he urged, blinking through tears to see the air in front of him.
"Those fucking animals..."
he snarled.
"One day...One day they'll get what they deserve and they will burn in the deepest, most agonizingly painful pit of hell imaginable."
he slammed his fist into the side of the cockpit, the metal CLANGing loudly.
"Let's just...just don't think about it. Just don't..."
he half sighed, half sobbed. Taylor's crying didn't stop for almost an hour. It was a long flight...

Tennessee

Captain Shelton groaned slightly, opening his eyes and looked around. Taylor was strapped into her seat securely, awake but dazed. The Captain slowly wiggled his toes and fingers, feeling them. There was a dull pain in his skull from where his head had hit the control panel. Fortunately he'd still been wearing his helmet and had time to flip down the visor before hitting the ground. That had undoubtedly saved him some suffering. He jerked at his seat's restraints, finding them unresponsive. With groan, he reached down and yanked his Cold Steel Counter Tac from its shieth in his boot and brought it up to chest level, slicing through the straps holding him down with ease. He reached across and carefully released Taylor as well.
The cockpit door was still sealed. Good. That had saved them from any debris in the back. He slipped an arm around Taylor and lifted her from the chair, brushing her blonde curls away from her face to look into her dazed eyes.
"Are you okay?"
he asked,
"Follow my finger with your eyes."
he instructed, lifting his trigger finger and moving it back and forth rapidly. Taylor was a bit slow to react but she didn't have any obvious injuries other than some nasty bruises on her torso from the chair restraints. Nick entered the cockpit and Captain Shelton felt relieved that someone else was alive. The stead BAM-BAM-BAM of rifle fire outside was similairly comforting. He glanced around the cockpit and found his rifle against the opposite wall from where he'd left it. Picking the weapon up, he next grabbed his coyote tan backpack and slung it onto his back.
"Where's your Glock?"
he asked Taylor. She was still a little dazed,
"Uh...I don't know...I.."
he pulled her tight into his side and slowly stepped out of the cockpit with Nick,
"We're fine. Take me to the casualties."
he said, noting a sudden pain in his left leg as he walked. It wasn't serious, but it did slow him a little and made him wince with each step. He followed Nick to the passenger compartment and gently lowered Taylor onto the floor.
"Sit still."
he instructed, flipping up his riot visor and leaning down to kiss the top of her head. He moved immediately over to Allison and Kenny.
"Oh shit."
he swore, shrugging off his pack and ripping out the large medical kit. He opened it with one hand while the other adjusted the channel of his shoulder mounted radio.
"This is Captain Shelton, any Fireteam, any Fireteam can you read me?"
he asked into the reciever. He'd used the plane's radio to contact The Compound before they'd gotten to the airport. They were sending a small convoy to help them. Now though, it seemed they were going to have to help themselves before their situation got even worse. He set to work stemming the blood flow from Allison's leg...
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Every part encouraged by the other
No one independent of another
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

Konariona
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Konariona » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:37 am

The Grocery Store
A small can of wet cat food that had small meat chunks was all that was left, but it was something. Upon the can was a name that was hard to read for the thing (his reading level was around that of a dyslexic 10 year-old), but he could make out one word- Richard.
"Richard," he said. A name.
Gunshots rang out after a loud noise near the tarmac. To investigate, or not?
Oh yes, time to investigate.
He walked over, slow and shambling, and hid in the bushes nearby. The Brainless were being killed! Anger ran through him, and he tried to call them back. Most of them who were not close came away and retreated into the city, where he directed them to the apartment, the safe place. What to do with these new humans.. what to do.
Last edited by Konariona on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greetings, traveler.

Ruled by a hereditary monarch, Emperor-General Helix Dominastad.

You want our arms? Molon labe, Xerxes.

Dilange
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dilange » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:37 am

Chris was lying in the back of the plane, almost ejected from the hole as the plane crashed. He woke up covered in blood, he was cut and lacerated by shrrapnel from the plane metal. He was lying in pain, he felt on the verge of death. He tried to crawl to the cabin in the plane, but was cut off by the supplies scattered from the crash. He tried to sit himself up. He looked towards the tail of the plane. He saw a rather large and inviting hole to the back of the plane. He heard gunshots and screaming and moaning from outside, he knew there was a firefight going on outside. He closed his eyes from the pain and breathed heavily.

Then he heard shuffling along the metal. He opened his eyes to be greeted by a Walker coming into the plan. He panicked. He went for his gun, but it was missing from his holster. He frantically looked around for a weapon or something to use to fight the Walker. None was near him. He, then, looked at his right shoulder and saw a long piece of sharp metal sticking out of it. He took a deep breath and started to pull the metal out of his shoulder. He grunted and screamed as he felt the shrapnel move out of his flesh.

He got it out. He looked at it, it had a jagged point and looked like a shiv. He stood himself up and lunged at the walker witht he metal in hand. It piereced the Walker's head, killing it. But as this happened another one stumbled in. Chris tried to remove the metal out of the killed Walker, but it was stuck and wouldnt budge. The Walker came at him, knocking him onto his back. He tried to kick the Walker in the face, but it was coming towards him. He crawled back towards the wall, to get himself up again. He persistantly keep kicking the zombie in the face to slow it down. His heart was pumping and his adrenaline was pumping. He managed to get up with the zombie still crawling towards him. He stomped its head in.

He opened the door back into the cabin and looked around. He calmly walked back to where his seat was and grabbed his pistol, which fell onto the aisle. He walked outside to where Scott and Monroe were standing and joined with them in killing the Walkers, not saying a word.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse