NATION

PASSWORD

Kingdoms of Grimm: A Fairy Tale RP REBOOT (OOC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Stattr
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:42 am

The Space Between Space wrote:
Stattr wrote:I don't know what fantas character he could be. I got hit with a ball yesterday night at a party and well. My brain hasn't been teh best and i'm still getting head aches...my memory has basic ally failed...that's kind of hwy I put this up..i think...I don't really know.. :unsure: I can make someone else...though IDk who.

Hmm. I'll skim through some stuff. See what I can do for you.

OKay, thanks Space.
"The world is full of stupid people, get used to it."
Pasong Tirad wrote:Heresy. The earth is flat. It's evening everywhere. Stattr needs to be guillotined.

Hlad:And after that?
Ethel: She is moving in with you, you will equip a throne room for her, and bring her rose petals everyday. You shall dress in a french maid's outfit, and only speak english with a bad french accent.
Drown wrote:
The balkens wrote:Why hello fellow privileged manape.

A cordial salutations towards a fellow scholar of the mythical 'White Privilege'

I am a 100% authentic D&D nerd. I love me some Barbs <3

The Space Between Space
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Space Between Space » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:52 am

Here's an idea. Don't feel like you have to take it though if you feel it won't fit. He could be Sinbad the Sailor from the Arabean Nights
Wanna join a great Roleplay? One that involves fantasy, magic, and Fairy Tales?
CHECK THIS ONE OUT!!!!

Stattr
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:57 am

The Space Between Space wrote:Here's an idea. Don't feel like you have to take it though if you feel it won't fit. He could be Sinbad the Sailor from the Arabean Nights

That sounds good.

Do I have to change anything in my post? Besides the fairy tale origin.
Pasong Tirad wrote:Heresy. The earth is flat. It's evening everywhere. Stattr needs to be guillotined.

Ethel: She is moving in with you, you will equip a throne room for her, and bring her rose petals everyday. You shall dress in a french maid's outfit, and only speak english with a bad french accent.
Drown wrote:

A cordial salutations towards a fellow scholar of the mythical 'White Privilege'

The Space Between Space
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Space Between Space » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:02 pm

Stattr wrote:
The Space Between Space wrote:Here's an idea. Don't feel like you have to take it though if you feel it won't fit. He could be Sinbad the Sailor from the Arabean Nights

That sounds good.

No. I love it all. You can even keep the name if you like. Just have Sinbad be an Alias at least.
As a suggestion he'd probably be from Adenda since that's the primary sailing kingdom (for obvious reasons)
CHECK THIS ONE OUT!!!!

Stattr
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:03 pm

Stattr wrote:That sounds good.

No. I love it all. You can even keep the name if you like. Just have Sinbad be an Alias at least.
As a suggestion he'd probably be from Adenda since that's the primary sailing kingdom (for obvious reasons)

So put Sinbad's name...in the bio?

Drown wrote:

The Space Between Space
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Space Between Space » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:04 pm

Stattr wrote:

So put Sinbad's name...in the bio?

Anywhere you feel appropriate.
CHECK THIS ONE OUT!!!!

Stattr
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:06 pm

Stattr wrote:So put Sinbad's name...in the bio?

Anywhere you feel appropriate.

Kk.

Drown wrote:

Stattr
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:06 pm

Stattr wrote:Mmm...I like it.

Nation Name: Stattr
Character Name: Sinbad Aka: Obsidian
Fairy Tale Origin: Arabean Nights
Allegiance (Hero or Villain): Hero
Appearance: About 6'2'' with short whispy hair down to his shoulders that is the color of Obsidian. He has long legs and long arms and a narrow chest. He is relativly skinny but has structure to him and is very muscular. His arms are thing a pale but look weak. Wrong he is still strong. His fingers long a boney, as well as his body. He wears long dress-like guy pants with a back t-shirt under neath his long cloak. He wears a mask beacuse he was scarred severly back when he was in his teens. His eyes are like the sea after a strom, a calm blue but piercing. His lips thin. His cheek bones high.
Abilities: Power to blind people with light.
Relativly flexable and can alter things in the past when nessecary. But after wards he gets very light headed and sometimes goes unconsious, leaving him open to his enemies and can only go back about five minuets.
Weapons: A dagger on his left hip, a sword on his right hip.
Personality: He is quiet and tends to mind his buisness. If he is threatened he will do you now harm but ignore. If you lay a hand on him though he will break it and fight you if you try to kill him.
Bio: He grew up on the sea with his father and younger sister. His sister was born when he was 17 years old. After the delivery the wife died and later that night his fater did the same, by tying shakles to his wasit andjumping over board. Obsidian or Dan as he was also know by took care of the ship and hit little sister. They grew in a good relationship and soon Dan was traveling the world with his younger sister beside him. They took on a crew of Dan's most trusted men and friends he had found eahc time he visited some place for a long time or short time. Soon, however he relized that when he was angry or something or protective a light came from his hands or body, blinding the other person. He soon learned how to control it and that he had the ability to travel back in time. That took longer for him to control about a year or so.

His sister had nothing of this and so after she was 15 he found a good place for her and he got her some clothes, an apartment and a job with schooling from a school. Then he left. She had told him to never see her again for fear that he might become soft and a captain was never to be soft. She ended up getting married at 21 and having a good family. While Dan or Drak as his crew called him continued to sail the world, raiding ships and finding allies. living a good life.
RP Sample: Reign of the Elven Tyrants
Last edited by Stattr on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drown wrote:

The Space Between Space
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Space Between Space » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:14 pm

Er. Ok. So he should BE Sinbad in some aspect, not just friends with him. Like his pirate name is Sinbad. That's how the world knows him. Also you didn't change his origin tale. Make those changes and you're approved. Sorry about the rigamarole.
CHECK THIS ONE OUT!!!!

The Space Between Space
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Space Between Space » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:46 pm

Thanks for the cooperation! Look forward to playing with you again!
CHECK THIS ONE OUT!!!!

Stattr
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:47 pm

The Space Between Space wrote:Thanks for the cooperation! Look forward to playing with you again!

Same! :) I hope this RP works.

Drown wrote:

Conleytopia
Secretary

Founded: Apr 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Conleytopia » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:51 pm

Can't wait for this. It's even better since I dressed up as The Hatter for halloween. Still got the hat and some BEAUTIFUL (and sharp :twisted: ) hat pins. When can we expect the IC up?
Last edited by Conleytopia on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,
but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint -
it's more like a big ball of
wibbly wobbly...
time-y wimey...
stuff.

Stattr
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:54 pm

Conleytopia wrote:Can't wait for this. It's even better since I dressed up as The Hatter for halloween. Still got the hat and some BEAUTIFUL (and sharp :twisted: ) hat pins. When can we expect the IC up?

I love your flag BTW. It took me a few minuets to relize who that was. :p

Drown wrote:

Conleytopia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Conleytopia » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:00 pm

Stattr wrote:
Conleytopia wrote:Can't wait for this. It's even better since I dressed up as The Hatter for halloween. Still got the hat and some BEAUTIFUL (and sharp :twisted: ) hat pins. When can we expect the IC up?

I love your flag BTW. It took me a few minuets to relize who that was. :p

Thanks! No one better than Ten. :lol2:
wibbly wobbly...
time-y wimey...
stuff.

Stattr
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:01 pm

Conleytopia wrote:
Stattr wrote:I love your flag BTW. It took me a few minuets to relize who that was. :p

Thanks! No one better than Ten. :lol2:

INdeed. :p

Drown wrote:

Conleytopia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Conleytopia » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:15 pm

Hope we get some more players. :/
wibbly wobbly...
time-y wimey...
stuff.

Stattr
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:19 pm

Conleytopia wrote:Hope we get some more players. :/

How many more do you suppose me need?

i know we need more heros.

Drown wrote:

Conleytopia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Conleytopia » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:22 pm

Stattr wrote:
Conleytopia wrote:Hope we get some more players. :/

How many more do you suppose me need?

Well, there's three of each and one "other" but it'd be nice to have four or five of each if not more
wibbly wobbly...
time-y wimey...
stuff.

Stattr
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:23 pm

Conleytopia wrote:
Stattr wrote:How many more do you suppose me need?

Well, there's three of each and one "other" but it'd be nice to have four or five of each if not more

yeah...it would be nice.

Drown wrote:

The New British East India Company
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The New British East India Company » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:08 pm

Nation Name: The New British East India Company (NBEIC)
Character Name: The Wolf, Skoll
Fairy Tale Origin: Little Red Riding Hood, The Wolf and the Seven Young Kids
Allegiance: Anti-hero
Appearance:

Abilities:
Expert tracker, agility, speed, stamina. Nothing supernatural, just superhuman. Can speak to animals since he's a wolf.Also, Skoll is very skilled with his axe.

Weapons:
An old woodman's axe. Claws and Teeth.

Personality:
Fairly enigmatic, most people know little about the wolf. He is portrayed in folk legends as a cruel, sadistic child killer, but is in reality a far different creature. Distrusting of most humans, the Wolf, whose pack name was Skoll, is simply the product of years of persecution. Although not really evil, the Wolf will not hesitate to kill anyone he perceives as a threat. On the same note, however, there are stories of lost travelers in The Dark Forest who were guided back to Grimm City by a dog like creature. Although they could never identify whether it was man or beast, the rumors are proof that there is a tenderness and sense of pity that survives in his bestial heart.

Biography:
Skoll was born to a large pack of such creatures in the depths of the Dark Forest. Named "Regar" by his father, Skoll took his current name when wolf-hunters under the guise of peaceful merchants attacked and slaughtered his pack. Skoll means "treachery" in the ancient language of the wolf, and it serves as an everlasting reminder of the betrayal he witnessed. Skoll hunted the leader of the wolf-hunters down, finally tracking him to a hut near the outskirts of the city. The hunter, there to meet with his fiancee, a red haired maiden, was armed only with an axe. He was no match for the feral beast that fell upon him, and his body was dragged off into the darkness. Now Skoll wanders the Dark Forest, a ranger who patrols its deepest corners. Every now and then though, it is claimed that a hunchbacked man in a cloak enters the city, a battered old axe slung across his back, and that, if you watch closely, you can catch a glimpse of a paw under the hem of his robe.

RP Sample:

The Gardens Outside Betharan Palace

Lord Peter Archingmar shifted the car into neutral in the gardens in front of the Betharan Palace. He looked over at his companion and fiancee, the Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaevna Romanova.

She was resplendent in her jeweled gown. It was made of an off white fabric, emeralds forming a green armband around her left bicep. The symbol of her regiment, the Kazansky Dragoons, he knew. Peter had told her not to wear white.

“You never wear white to a wedding,” the Lord had scolded her as they prepared for the party.

“Well that is good,” Maria replied, her guttural Russian accent a sharp contrast to the soft features that formed her face. “After all, we are not going to a wedding, we are attending a reception. Besides, it is traditional for Russian royalty to wear white when meeting foreigners.” Her Russian tradition, Peter knew, would cause problems to folks who were of the same mind as him. Still, Peter had been engaged to Maria for long enough to know that once she had made up her mind, it could not be changed.

So now here they sat, Peter in his military East India Company Dress Uniform, a ceremonial saber pressed uncomfortably against his thigh and Maria in her horribly inappropriate white dress. Although, Lord Archingmar had to admit, it was ravishing on her. She was not as pretty as her sister, Tatiana, but she wore clothes better, more naturally. Peter sighed as he thought to five nights before, when he had left Tatiana after one of their secret outings. She was angry at him, he remembered, for what he had said.

“Peter?” a female voice interrupted. He jumped. “Oh! Sorry,” Maria said, “It was not my intent to startle you!”

“Yes, of course,” Peter replied, shifting his mind back to the present. “Shall we go in?”

“Ah, finally. I was afraid we were going to sit in the car all night!” She sat as a chauffeur opened the car door. Peter opened his own and stepped around the car to lead her out of her seat, but not before grabbing the parcel out of the glove compartment. It would not do to forget a wedding gift. Her hand was warm as he took it, watching her gracefully rise out of the car’s leather interior into the night. Her skin flushed as it came into contact with the unfamiliar warm air.

The windows of the Palace shone brightly as Peter led the Duchess up the marble staircase towards the heavy wooden doors. The guard standing outside took their invitations and, after looking over them briefly, signaled for the doors to be opened.

The doors swept apart, the light of the entrance hall flooding out. From the adjacent ballroom came the rich, familiar tones of a waltz. “They are dancing,” Maria said, delighted. “Perhaps we could dance,” she continued, directing her blue eyes at her Lord companion.

“Of course, my dear,” Peter replied, “but not before we offer our congratulations to the bride and groom. And greet the King and Queen. Actually, I think there is quite a bit to do before we dance.” Holding her hand delicately, Peter led the Russian princess into the ballroom.
Dancers swirled before them, glittering in a variety of finely crafted gowns. The men wore variations of the same: military uniforms occasionally punctuated by formal tuxedoes. Peter looked around for the wedding party.

He saw them across the room, but his path was blocked by a sea of glimmering courtiers and extravagantly painted nude figures. The Lord of Aquitaine began his traverse towards the Royal party. From the corner of his eye Peter saw an elegant figure, sure to be the bride. Her white dress was, thankfully, much brighter and more expensive appearing than Maria’s. He hoped that would put aside any fear that Maria intended to outshine the bride.
Still, as they made their way towards King David and Queen Sophia, some of the less discreet courtiers cast unforgiving glances their way. Maria was oblivious, completely enraptured by the elegance of the occasion. Peter was still clutching the gift box. He had hoped to see a gift table where he could have put it, but there were none in sight. He hoped the princess would be pleased with the present.

“Your Majesty,” Peter said as he came into talking distance with the King. “Greetings, and my humblest apologies for the tardiness of my companion and I. And Queen Sophia, a pleasure. I would like to offer you both my congratulations, on the wedding and this beautiful reception.” Lord Archingmar dropped into a steep bow directed towards the monarch and his queen as Maria curtsied to his right.
Last edited by The New British East India Company on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:39 am, edited 6 times in total.
Auspicio Regis et Senatus Angliae

@};--'---,--

Liriena
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Liriena » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:23 pm

EDIT: Nevermind.
Last edited by Liriena on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
be gay do crime

I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:38 pm

Gonna change my app. I've decided on the dragon from St. George and The Dragon.

Nation Name: Utceforp
Character Name: Fafnir
Fairy Tale Origin: St. George & The Dragon (With influences from other stories, most notably the name)
Allegiance (Hero or Villain): Villain
Appearance: this, but his scales have a slight red tint to them on the edges
Abilities: Flight, fire-breath, immense strength and size, claws and teeth, all of the classic dragon abilities. When he's not breathing fire he can exhale noxious clouds that cause the plague.
Weapons: N/A
Personality: Old, chaotic evil and very smug. He basically thinks of himself as a god. When he's not bragging about how great he is, he is more like your stereotypical old man. Backwards, confused about new technology, and resentful of younger "upstart" villains.
Bio: Fafnir is older than any of the kingdoms that are part of Grimm. He's older than the kingdoms that preceded them, and he will outlast the ones that come after. Some say he was once a dwarf, but those legends haven't been confirmed. He lived in a cave near where Grimm City now sits, and eventually a small village was attracted to the lake near his cave, which was a easy and clean source of water. Fafnir eventually left the cave to hunt, and found the city. The villagers were attacked, they couldn't even be sure Fafnir returned, telling the villagers that he would destroy the village if anyone drank from the lake near his cave, but they would be allowed to take as much as they wanted if they sacrificed a lamb to him each day. The villagers did this, but Fafnir became greedy, and changed his arrangement. He would no longer accept sheep, human sacrifices would have to be made to him. They did this, randomly selecting a person each day, until it was decided that the king's daughter would be sacrificed to Fafnir. Fafnir was about to eat the princess when a knight known as Saint George arrived. The Land of Grimm had a strange connection to the "real world", and Saint George was a roman soldier who had somehow ended up in Grimm. He stabbed Fafnir with his sword, Ascalon, and chained the creature up. George chained the dragon in basement of the king's castle using magic chains, and married the princess, becoming a happy man. George's descendants ruled the kingdom for many centuries, until a plague broke out due to Fafnir's toxic breath. The citizens either died or left, the kingdom fell to ruin, and yet Fafnir was still chained in the eroding castle. Eventually all that was left was a circle of rocks and the room which Dragon had been imprisoned in, which had mostly collapsed. A thousand years later Grimm city was built on the spot where the old kingdom once lay, unbeknownst to the builders. A curious settler found the ruined room though, and broke the chain (The chain had become quite brittle by this point, but the magic prevented Fafnir from breaking free.), not knowing that through the rubble and debris lay a hungry dragon that was only rendered harmless by the old magic metal. The worker only felt a blast of hot air and only saw a dark shape as Fafnir was unsealed. Fafnir had learned from experience, he decided to use a new strategy. Now that Grimm city is a thriving metropolis, he simply waits for someone to wander into the cave network under the city, either by accident, due to curiosity, or because they are poor and have nowhere else to stay. He then eats them alive and is content to wait some more. While he is satisfied, Ascalon, which is still stuck in his throat, is a constant reminder that the people of the city above the caves once defeated him, and he wants revenge.
Last edited by Utceforp on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Signatures are so 2014.

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:11 pm

Ok, three questions:

1. Why you didn't say Arabian nughts were fine before, I was gonna be reality marble with the genie!

2. You didn't choose one of the two aspects. I'm gonna go with A by default, although I'm surprise you are fine with me looking like that...I mean, you know who he is right?

3. I like the idea of the wolf not being evil, we can secretly be buddies! But how do we explain Little Red Riding Hood then?
OVERLORD Daniel Mercury of Firstaria
Original Author of SC #5 and SC #30

The New British East India Company
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The New British East India Company » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:25 pm

Firstaria wrote:Ok, three questions:

1. Why you didn't say Arabian nughts were fine before, I was gonna be reality marble with the genie!

2. You didn't choose one of the two aspects. I'm gonna go with A by default, although I'm surprise you are fine with me looking like that...I mean, you know who he is right?

3. I like the idea of the wolf not being evil, we can secretly be buddies! But how do we explain Little Red Riding Hood then?

Like it says in Skoll's bio, Red Riding hood (red haired maiden) was the woodsman's (wolfhunter's) fiancee. Perhaps he didn't kill the huntsman, and only dragged him away in a fit of rage. The huntsman has escaped after blinding one of Skoll's eyes (in an Odyssey moment) and they still harbor a deepseated mistrust of each other. Oh, and my wolf has your guy's axe. Sorry.

OR:
Perhaps your huntsman wasn't the leader of the hunters, as my wolf only killed the group's leader, not everyone in it.
Last edited by The New British East India Company on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Auspicio Regis et Senatus Angliae

@};--'---,--

Conleytopia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Conleytopia » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:30 pm

The New British East India Company wrote:
Firstaria wrote:Ok, three questions:

Like it says in Skoll's bio, Red Riding hood (red haired maiden) was the woodsman's (wolfhunter's) fiancee. She probably got upset when he killed her husband and spread the tales of his transgression. Lol, perhaps it was her story to get the life insurance. ;)

Wait... The hunter is a player in this game......
wibbly wobbly...
time-y wimey...
stuff.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse