NATION

PASSWORD

Kingdoms of Grimm: A Fairy Tale RP REBOOT (OOC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Space Between Space
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Kingdoms of Grimm: A Fairy Tale RP REBOOT (OOC/OPEN)

Postby The Space Between Space » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:33 pm

So this kinda died last time, but it's still my favorite of all the ones I've done so lets try it again shall we?
This is a roleplay that surrounds all things fairy tales. While the roleplay title is "Grimm," these fairytales include all things considered "fairytales." These include some folk lore (my discretion), nursery rhymes, and Hans Christian Anderson stories. From the Brothers Grimm to Madame d'Aulney. It is set in the world of fairytales, known to its inhabitants as The Kingdoms of Grimm. The sense of the roleplay will be a general Heroes Vs. Villains approach. You apply as a classic character and join the corresponding team. The story takes place after the fairy tales end. The villains have been defeated but seek revenge. I want to make this more exciting than some of those old tales. Lets make these characters powerful. Let's have them be warriors. Reimagine them (to a certain degree) and make them worthy of roleplay. Think of it kind of like Once Upon A Time.

The App is below:

Nation Name:
Character Name:
Allegiance (Hero or Villain):
Appearance:
Abilities:
Weapons:
Personality
Bio:
RP Sample:

Approved characters:
Conleytopia - The Mad Hatter
Firstaria - The Hunter
Stattr - Obsidian/Sinbad
New British East India Company - Skoll, the Wolf
Nature Spirits - Baba Yaga
Altruistic Paladins - King Crow
CenSoRhed - Tim the Lame

The Space Between Space - The Piper (Villain Leader)
The Norak Federation - Tommy Rawhide
Videssos - Koschei
Utceforp - Dragon
Liriena - The Red Death

Other Stuff

The Individual Kingdoms:
Albernak (Cinderella) - Ruled by Anthony and Cinderella, Albernak is primarily urbanized with sprawling villages across the countryside. It specializes in glass working, farming, and clothing.
Derentair (Snow White) - Ruled by David and Snow White, Derentair is heavily wooded with a thriving mining industry thanks, in whole, to the high population of Dwarves in the region. Due to this, diamonds and other precious gems are the main product of Derentair, making it an extremely wealthy Kingdom.
Morenthia (The Frog Prince) - Ruled by James and Alexandra, Morenthia is mostly swamp land. This makes travel difficult, a problem resolved by the current rulers who commissioned a monumental series of beautiful, sprawling bridges that connected the solid land together. Frogs are a protected species.
Alcaimia (Beauty and the Beast)- Ruled by Adam and Belle, Alcaimia is wooded, with large villages popping up at regular intervals throughout. For a long time the kingdom was in anarchy, as it was said their King was killed by a ferocious Beast who, for years roamed the palace. Adam proved to be alive, however, and (according to the official report) killed the Beast and reclaimed his thrown. The kingdom has become a beacon of knowledge, learning, and the arts in the time Belle has been on the thrown.
Destini (Rumpelstiltskin) - Ruled by Daniel and Regina, Destini is called the miracle Kingdom since the King managed to suddenly acclaim a massive amount of wealth shortly before he married Regina, and was able to restore the ruined economy left over by his father. Where he obtained the Golden Straw used to pay off the Kingdom's debt is still a mystery. It should be noted that the North of Destini contains about a half of the Dark Forest.
Samnair (Sleeping Beauty) - Ruled by Philip and Aurora, Samnair was once thought to be extinct as no one had heard from the anyone in the Kingdom for a hundred years, and a strange spell prevented any from entering its borders. Finally, the Sleeping Curse (as it was discovered to be) was broken and business resumed as usual. Samnair, a mountainous region, is the original home of the fairies. Few still exist, and only 13 in Samnair. The North of Samnair contains a half of the Dark Forest
Sairi (Rapunzel) - Ruled by Adam and Rapunzel, Sairi is a small kingdom known for its architectural beauty and gardening prowess. Numerous towers dot the landscape, and the vegetable rampion is, for some unknown reason, banned.
Adenda (The Little Mermaid) - Ruled by Eli and Judith (with Prince Eric and Princess Sarah), Adenda is a mountainous region with a sprawling coastline. Its shipping industry is the greatest of all 8 Kingdoms. There is also a prosperous, sovereign mermaid kingdom thriving off the coast of Adenda, which exists separately from the 8 Kingdoms and the Council.

Major landmarks of Grimm City (as seen on the map):
Grimm Hall: The headquarters of the Council. It is a large roundish building with 8 soaring towers, each one a private office and living area for a member of the Council. While the height and size of the towers are identical, the towers themselves are not. They are enchanted to match the personalities of both the Council member the tower belongs to, and the kingdom the council member represents.
Maestro Manor: The home of The Piper. One of the bigger mansions in the city.
The White Snake Inn: A pub of ill repute, and a perfect meeting place.
The Dark Forest: A very dangerous forest filled with all kinds of monsters and horrible beasts. This is the setting of Red Ridding Hood, Hansel and Gretel, and several others.

The Kingdoms & Their Represenative:
Albernak (Cinderella) - Anira, A Fairy God Mother; Good
Derentair (Snow White) - Jason, A Huntsman; Good though flawed
Morenthia (The Frog Prince) - Helena, An Enchantress; Allied with The Piper
Alcaimia (Beauty & The Beast) - Alaina, An Enchantress; Vengeful, but good
Destini (Rumpelstiltskin) - Abraham, A Miller; A liar but otherwise good
Samnair (Sleeping Beauty) - Merinia, The Thirteenth Fairy; Allied with The Piper
Sairi (Rapunzel) - Dame Gothel, A Witch, Gardner, and Architect; Allied with The Piper
Adenda (The Little Mermaid) - Sarah, A Princess of Adenda and Former Priestess; Good

THE IC IS UP!
Last edited by The Space Between Space on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Wanna join a great Roleplay? One that involves fantasy, magic, and Fairy Tales?
CHECK THIS ONE OUT!!!!

The Space Between Space
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Space Between Space » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:40 pm

My App:

Nation Name: The Space Between Space
Character Name: The Piper
Fairy Tale Origin: The Pied Piper
Allegiance (Hero or Villain): Villain Leader
Appearance:

Abilities: Can take command over groups of animals and children. Control over one or two fully grown adults at a time
Weapons: His flute. It has a retractable sword blade
Bio: Born in a small hamlet in one of the many kingdoms in the land of Grimm, The Piper quickly made a name for himself in the kingdoms' criminal underworld using his magic flute. He would be hired for jobs, legal or not, that required his talents. The magic of the flute quickly corrupted him and drove him insane. After not receiving payment in a simple rat extermination job, The Piper finally snapped. He kidnapped the town's children, (taking them God only knows where,) and vowed to take over the Kingdoms of Grimm with the help of like-minded individuals who sought a similar form of revenge.
RP Sample: Sample? I don't need no stinkin sample. (I'm the op)
CHECK THIS ONE OUT!!!!

Conleytopia
Secretary

Founded: Apr 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Conleytopia » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:16 pm

Kinda interested. We're aloud to have magic and stuff? Are there many limits to that?
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,
but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint -
it's more like a big ball of
wibbly wobbly...
time-y wimey...
stuff.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:21 pm

Really liked the old one. Trying to come up with a good new character.
Signatures are so 2014.

The Space Between Space
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Space Between Space » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:28 pm

Conleytopia wrote:Kinda interested. We're aloud to have magic and stuff? Are there many limits to that?

Magic is more than encouraged (though not necessary, of course.) As to it's limits... Shouldn't be OP, but that's basically it. Apply, and if I think it's too much, I'll let you know.

Utceforp wrote:Really liked the old one. Trying to come up with a good new character.

Yay! Hope to see you back. But yeah... I was considering making a different character (and I still might change it) but I loved the Piper, so that's me for now.

Related notes: I will CONSIDER apps for council members (you can even change the character if you really need to) but as of now I will be controlling them as NPCs as they will play major roles in the plots I'm running through in my head. And on that note: specific plot ideas and devices depend on who applies. I've got a dozen or so plots for this world in my head, so I'll pick one based on characters and personalities.
CHECK THIS ONE OUT!!!!

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:50 pm

I can't decided between an anti-hero thief version of Jack from Jack and The Beanstalk or the dragon from St. George and The Dragon.
Signatures are so 2014.

The Space Between Space
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Space Between Space » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:56 pm

Utceforp wrote:I can't decided between an anti-hero thief version of Jack from Jack and The Beanstalk or the dragon from St. George and The Dragon.

Either would be really interesting!
CHECK THIS ONE OUT!!!!

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:46 pm

Nation Name: Utceforp
Character Name: Jack Spriggins
Fairy Tale Origin: Jack and The Beanstalk
Allegiance (Hero or Villain): Special
Appearance: Young boy with brown hair and eyes, scrawny and poor looking with old clothing.
Abilities: Master thief, he's hardly ever seen unless he wants to be. Good climber, especially when it comes to anything arboreal (Trees, for example).
Weapons: An axe, made of iron but coated in gold, and magic beans that can form ladders, walls or other structures instantly when he puts them on the ground.
Personality: Generally selfless, but will always look out for himself before others. Always looking for a new way to lighten people's pockets and get rich. Tends to be slightly immature if cynical, but becomes more serious if the situation calls for it.
Bio: Born to a poor farming family, the only family he had was his mother. One day, he met a stranger who offered to trade his cow for magical beans. He agreed, and planted the beans. While he started to think it was a scam to get his cattle, overnight the beans grew into an enormous plant, leading up to a giant's castle in the sky. He explored the castle, until the giant almost found him. Jack convinced the giant's wife to hide him from the giant, but stole some money secretly. He escaped home, but he returned to the giant's house again multiple times, stealing many other items, including a goose that laid golden eggs and a magic harp that played itself. While Jack was stealthy, eventually the giant caught on to his new source of income, and tried to kill the boy. Jack descended on the beanstalk and, but the giant followed him. Using his axe, Jack cut down the beanstalk and killed the giant. With their newfound wealth, Jack and his mother lived well for many years. However, the goose that laid golden eggs died when another farmer, desperate for food and money, killed the goose, hoping to find the gold that made the goose's eggs. Because of their indiscriminate spending, including coating the axe that killed the giant in a layer of gold, Jack and his mother's money dried up quickly and Jack's mother died. Jack now uses the skills he used to steal from the giant to steal from others, mainly other giants or dragons that have hoards of gold, but sometimes other people if he needs a quick buck. Not a clear-cut hero or villain, will work for whoever offers the highest price unless they do something REALLY awful.
RP Sample: You know me.
Signatures are so 2014.

The Space Between Space
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Space Between Space » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:46 pm

Approved!
CHECK THIS ONE OUT!!!!

Conleytopia
Secretary

Founded: Apr 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Conleytopia » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:00 pm

Nation Name: Conleytopia
Character Name: The Mad Hatter
Fairy Tale Origin: Alice in Wonderland
Allegiance (Hero or Villain): Hero
Appearance:

Abilities: Can throw knives, and has the ability to manipulate and warp reality to some extent.
Weapons: Various jeweled and decorated hat pins that are used as throwing knives
Personality: As mad as a hatter. The Hatter is a good person, but has never been all there. He is chaotic, energetic, and inconsistent. He is, however, remarkably intelligent and a good strategist.
Bio: Born in a small village in Derentair, not far from Grimm City, The Hatter's parents were murdered by thieves before his very eyes. In that moment, he snapped and became trapped in a permanent whimsical, childlike state so as to avoid the cold harsh reality of his life. He took his father's top hat, battered from the attack, and fled to Grimm City, where he perfected his magic skills, a talent he had had since birth. His magic changed after the attack as well. Much like his mind changed the reality he saw, his magic developed in a way that warped and changed the physical world as well. He can use it to make buildings where there were none, doors in formerly solid brick walls, weapons out of thin air. He cannot, however, kill anyone with his magic. Even using throwing knives, he seems to be unable to kill, a mental block likely developed from his childhood trauma.
RP Sample: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=218003
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,
but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint -
it's more like a big ball of
wibbly wobbly...
time-y wimey...
stuff.

The Norak Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Norak Federation » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:15 pm

Nation Name: The Norak Federation
Character Name: Tommy Rawhead
Fairy Tale Origin: Bloody Bones
Allegiance (Hero or Villain): Villain
Appearance:

Abilities: Teleportation, can determine lies from truth.
Weapons: Claws, Teeth
Personality: To say Tommy Rawhead is insane would be an understatement. Tommy is beyond crazy. He is constantly talking in rhymes, and never seems to be able to sit in one spot.

Bio: Where Tommy came from has been a story nobody has heard and lived to tell the tale. It is said that Tommy tells his lifestory to the children he eats before devoring them alive, but no one is sure. One rumor about Tommy Rawhead is that he actually Jack from Jack and Jill, since one of his rhymes he talks about is about two children going up a hill, and one falling down while the other bursts into laughter. Some think he was created by a wizard, or some think that Tommy Rawhead's father ate his sister, and he simply picked up the trait.

Whatever his backstory is, what people do know is that he loves eating children. Older children, babies, it doesn't make a difference to Tommy. Wherever Tommy went, children would dissapear, and their remains found elsewhere.
RP Sample: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=10604312#p10604312
Last edited by The Norak Federation on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Do not pray for Mercy, for that is begging. God helps those who help themselves. Seize the day, take vengeance, and God will be on your side.
Fantasy Dice Rp sound strike your fancy? Join Now!
R.I.P. Wombat

The Space Between Space
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Space Between Space » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:24 pm

The Norak Federation wrote:Nation Name: The Norak Federation
Character Name: Tommy Rawhead
Fairy Tale Origin: Bloody Bones
Appearance:
Abilities: Teleportation, can determine lies from truth.
Weapons: Claws, Teeth
Personality: To say Tommy Rawhead is insane would be an understatement. Tommy is beyond crazy. He is constantly talking in rhymes, and never seems to be able to sit in one spot.

Bio: Where Tommy came from has been a story nobody has heard and lived to tell the tale. It is said that Tommy tells his lifestory to the children he eats before devoring them alive, but no one is sure. One rumor about Tommy Rawhead is that he actually Jack from Jack and Jill, since one of his rhymes he talks about is about two children going up a hill, and one falling down while the other bursts into laughter. Some think he was created by a wizard, or some think that Tommy Rawhead's father ate his sister, and he simply picked up the trait.

Whatever his backstory is, what people do know is that he loves eating children. Older children, babies, it doesn't make a difference to Tommy. Wherever Tommy went, children would dissapear, and their remains found elsewhere.
RP Sample: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=10604312#p10604312

As long as the teleportation doesn't get too OP (like someone swings an ax at you and you just teleport out of the way.) I'll accept this.

Conleytopia wrote:Nation Name: Conleytopia
Character Name: The Mad Hatter
Fairy Tale Origin: Alice in Wonderland
Appearance:
Abilities: Can throw knives, and has the ability to manipulate and warp reality to some extent.
Weapons: Various jeweled and decorated hat pins that are used as throwing knives
Personality: As mad as a hatter. The Hatter is a good person, but has never been all there. He is chaotic, energetic, and inconsistent. He is, however, remarkably intelligent and a good strategist.
Bio: Born in a small village in Derentair, not far from Grimm City, The Hatter's parents were murdered by thieves before his very eyes. In that moment, he snapped and became trapped in a permanent whimsical, childlike state so as to avoid the cold harsh reality of his life. He took his father's top hat, battered from the attack, and fled to Grimm City, where he perfected his magic skills, a talent he had had since birth. His magic changed after the attack as well. Much like his mind changed the reality he saw, his magic developed in a way that warped and changed the physical world as well. He can use it to make buildings where there were none, doors in formerly solid brick walls, weapons out of thin air. He cannot, however, kill anyone with his magic. Even using throwing knives, he seems to be unable to kill, a mental block likely developed from his childhood trauma.
RP Sample: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=218003

Love this. Thanks for putting some limitations on your powers. Approved
CHECK THIS ONE OUT!!!!

The Norak Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Norak Federation » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:33 pm

Got it. Teleportation will be limited.
- Do not pray for Mercy, for that is begging. God helps those who help themselves. Seize the day, take vengeance, and God will be on your side.
R.I.P. Wombat

Videssos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Videssos » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:20 pm

Nation Name: Videssos
Character Name: Koschei (Koschei the Immortal or Koschei the Deathless, as well as Tzar Koschei, and Koschéi Bessmértny)
Age: Not sure exactly, presumably several centuries old.
Fairy Tale Origin: Among others, The Death of Koschei the Deathless, also known as Marya Morevna
Appearance: No one really knows; he can probably change his appearance at will, the three main appearances could be either this, this or this, and variations thereof. By the way, these are just images I found randomly on the internet in my quest for decent pics for someone who has no definite appearance in the folklore he's featured in.
Abilities: Other than changing his appearance (to account for all the variations in those tales), he possesses extensive sorcerous ability (kept deliberately vague because I don't know his specific abilities in the area of magic/occult powers, so improvisation is necessary, as it doesn't show a lot of his power other than his formiddableness as a sorcerer), as well as considerable skill with most weapons. Most importantly though(quote from wiki):
Koschei cannot be killed by conventional means targeting his body. His soul is hidden separate from his body inside a needle, which is in an egg, which is in a duck, which is in a hare, which is in an iron chest (sometimes the chest is crystal and/or gold), which is buried under a green oak tree, which is on the island of Buyan in the ocean. As long as his soul is safe, he cannot die. If the chest is dug up and opened, the hare will bolt away; if it is killed, the duck will emerge and try to fly off. Anyone possessing the egg has Koschei in their power. He begins to weaken, becomes sick, and immediately loses the use of his magic. If the egg is tossed about, he likewise is flung around against his will. If the egg or needle is broken (in some tales, this must be done by specifically breaking it against Koschei's forehead), Koschei will die.

Weapons: Varies, though the most most common weapons he uses are as follows: a longsword, bastard sword, a bejeweled staff, or a long scythe (not at the same time, mind you!). Could the bastard sword be Kladenets?
Personality: Bit of a scheming bastard, relatively bloodthirsty, and manipulative.
Bio: Link here, since I don't want to copy and paste an entire page. Let's say he found himself in the Kingdoms of Grimm via the usual manner. And didn't end up dead like he did in most of the tales.
RP Sample: Obviously not necessary.
Last edited by Videssos on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
|Now a member of Mirakai's harem|
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?
"Winter is coming" - Stark motto.
Syrio Forel- "What do we say to the god of death?"
Arya Stark- "Not today"
Syrio Forel- "All men are made of water, do you know this? If you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die."
My Underworld RP ----> Here <~~~ My RP

The Space Between Space
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Space Between Space » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:38 pm

Videssos wrote:Nation Name: Videssos
Character Name: Koschei (Koschei the Immortal or Koschei the Deathless, as well as Tzar Koschei, and Koschéi Bessmértny)
Age: Not sure exactly, presumably several centuries old.
Fairy Tale Origin: Among others, The Death of Koschei the Deathless, also known as Marya Morevna
Appearance: No one really knows; he can probably change his appearance at will, the three main appearances could be either this, this or this, and variations thereof. By the way, these are just images I found randomly on the internet in my quest for decent pics for someone who has no definite appearance in the folklore he's featured in.
Abilities: Other than changing his appearance (to account for all the variations in those tales), he possesses extensive sorcerous ability (kept deliberately vague because I don't know his specific abilities in the area of magic/occult powers, so improvisation is necessary, as it doesn't show a lot of his power other than his formiddableness as a sorcerer), as well as considerable skill with most weapons. Most importantly though(quote from wiki):
Koschei cannot be killed by conventional means targeting his body. His soul is hidden separate from his body inside a needle, which is in an egg, which is in a duck, which is in a hare, which is in an iron chest (sometimes the chest is crystal and/or gold), which is buried under a green oak tree, which is on the island of Buyan in the ocean. As long as his soul is safe, he cannot die. If the chest is dug up and opened, the hare will bolt away; if it is killed, the duck will emerge and try to fly off. Anyone possessing the egg has Koschei in their power. He begins to weaken, becomes sick, and immediately loses the use of his magic. If the egg is tossed about, he likewise is flung around against his will. If the egg or needle is broken (in some tales, this must be done by specifically breaking it against Koschei's forehead), Koschei will die.

Weapons: Varies, though the most most common weapons he uses are as follows: a longsword, bastard sword, a bejeweled staff, or a long scythe (not at the same time, mind you!). Could the bastard sword be Kladenets?
Personality: Bit of a scheming bastard, relatively bloodthirsty, and manipulative.
Bio: Link here, since I don't want to copy and paste an entire page. Let's say he found himself in the Kingdoms of Grimm via the usual manner. And didn't end up dead like he did in most of the tales.
RP Sample: Obviously not necessary.

All I saw, over and over and over while reading this: HORCRUX HORCRUX HORCRUX! :shock:

*ahem* Now that that's out of the way... Approved
CHECK THIS ONE OUT!!!!

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:05 am

Damnit, I just had a great idea for a character: Paul Bunyan. Now I can't decide between him, Jack and The Dragon. Suggestions?
Signatures are so 2014.

The Norak Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Norak Federation » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:08 am

Paul Bunyan would be interesting, i'll give you that.
R.I.P. Wombat

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:51 am

Nation Name: Firstaria
Character Name: the Hunter
Fairy Tale Origin: Little Red Riding Hood
Allegiance (Hero or Villain): Hero, although he's a free spirit.
Appearance:

or

Abilities: Good with most of melee and ranged weapons, excels with bot and axe. Expert knowledge of the forests of the kingdom. Really strong and smart.
Weapons: An axe, a dagger, a bow and several arrows.
Personality: He's a good guy, very gentle although a bit rude for his forest life. He prefers to not mess to much with the affaris of the kingdom.
Bio: Some says he was a woodcutter, some says he was an hunter, some says he was just a normal person. No one notices he took down a big wolf like it was nothing, and saved 2 girls in a time that would made any rescue prince envy. But what's the story behind the Hunter? He's a simple person who lives of hunting, actual friend of Jason, one of the council members, as the two often hunted together. He prefers to not give his name as he doesn't like fame, but if you are lost in the forest and you need help, he's the guy that can come to rescue you if he's near.
RP Sample: Do I need presentation?
OVERLORD Daniel Mercury of Firstaria
Original Author of SC #5 and SC #30

Stattr
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:38 am

Mmm...I like it.

Nation Name: Stattr
Character Name: Obsidian Darke
Fairy Tale Origin: Vampirates
Appearance: About 6'2'' with short whispy hair down to his shoulders that is the color of Obsidian. He has long legs and long arms and a narrow chest. He is relativly skinny but has structure to him and is very muscular. His arms are thing a pale but look weak. Wrong he is still strong. His fingers long a boney, as well as his body. He wears long dress-like guy pants with a back t-shirt under neath his long cloak. He wears a mask beacuse he was scarred severly back when he was in his teens. His eyes are like the sea after a strom, a calm blue but piercing. His lips thin. His cheek bones high.
Abilities: Power to blind people with light.
Relativly flexable and can alter things in the past when nessecary. But after wards he gets very light headed and sometimes goes unconsious, leaving him open to his enemies and can only go back about five minuets.
Weapons: A dagger on his left hip, a sword on his right hip.
Personality: He is quiet and tends to mind his buisness. If he is threatened he will do you now harm but ignore. If you lay a hand on him though he will break it and fight you if you try to kill him.
Bio: He grew up on the sea with his father and younger sister. His sister was born when he was 17 years old. After the delivery the wife died and later that night his fater did the same, by tying shakles to his wasit andjumping over board. Obsidian or Dan as he was also know by took care of the ship and hit little sister. They grew in a good relationship and soon Dan was traveling the world with his younger sister beside him. They took on a crew of Dan's most trusted men and friends he had found eahc time he visited some place for a long time or short time. Soon, however he relized that when he was angry or something or protective a light came from his hands or body, blinding the other person. He soon learned how to control it and that he had the ability to travel back in time. That took longer for him to control about a year or so.

His sister had nothing of this and so after she was 15 he found a good place for her and he got her some clothes, an apartment and a job with schooling from a school. Then he left. She had told him to never see her again for fear that he might become soft and a captain was never to be soft. She ended up getting married at 21 and having a good family. While Dan or Drak as his crew called him continued to sail the world, raiding ships and finding allies. living a good life.
RP Sample: Reign of the Elven Tyrants
Last edited by Stattr on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The world is full of stupid people, get used to it."
Pasong Tirad wrote:Heresy. The earth is flat. It's evening everywhere. Stattr needs to be guillotined.

Hlad:And after that?
Ethel: She is moving in with you, you will equip a throne room for her, and bring her rose petals everyday. You shall dress in a french maid's outfit, and only speak english with a bad french accent.
Drown wrote:
The balkens wrote:Why hello fellow privileged manape.

A cordial salutations towards a fellow scholar of the mythical 'White Privilege'

I am a 100% authentic D&D nerd. I love me some Barbs <3

Videssos
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Videssos » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:25 am

Stattr wrote:Mmm...I like it.

Appearance: About 6'2'' with short whispy hair down to his shoulders that is the color of Obsidian. He has long legs and long arms and a narrow chest. He is relativly skinny but has structure to him and is very muscular. His arms are thing a pale but look weak. Wrong he is still strong. His fingers long a boney, as well as his body. He wears long dress-like guy pants with a back t-shirt under neath his long cloak. He wears a mask beacuse he was scarred severly back when he was in his teens. His eyes are like the sea after a strom, a calm blue but piercing. His lips thin. His cheek bones high.
Relativly flexable and can alter things in the past when nessecary. But after wards he gets very light headed and sometimes goes unconsious, leaving him open to his enemies and can only go back about five minuets.
Personality: He is quiet and tends to mind his buisness. If he is threatened he will do you now harm but ignore. If you lay a hand on him though he will break it and fight you if you try to kill him.
Bio: He grew up on the sea with his father and younger sister. His sister was born when he was 17 years old. After the delivery the wife died and later that night his fater did the same, by tying shakles to his wasit andjumping over board. Obsidian or Dan as he was also know by took care of the ship and hit little sister. They grew in a good relationship and soon Dan was traveling the world with his younger sister beside him. They took on a crew of Dan's most trusted men and friends he had found eahc time he visited some place for a long time or short time. Soon, however he relized that when he was angry or something or protective a light came from his hands or body, blinding the other person. He soon learned how to control it and that he had the ability to travel back in time. That took longer for him to control about a year or so.

His sister had nothing of this and so after she was 15 he found a good place for her and he got her some clothes, an apartment and a job with schooling from a school. Then he left. She had told him to never see her again for fear that he might become soft and a captain was never to be soft. She ended up getting married at 21 and having a good family. While Dan or Drak as his crew called him continued to sail the world, raiding ships and finding allies. living a good life.

From what I understand, it's got to be from actual folklore or fairy tales or stuff like that. Not from a book series.

Just a minor thing I thought I'd mention. :lol:
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Arya Stark- "Not today"
Syrio Forel- "All men are made of water, do you know this? If you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die."

The Space Between Space
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Space Between Space » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:02 am

Videssos wrote:
Stattr wrote:Mmm...I like it.

From what I understand, it's got to be from actual folklore or fairy tales or stuff like that. Not from a book series.

:? Umm. Yeah. It's too recent. I allowed Alice in Wonderland since that's fallen into the category of "fable" or "Fairy tale." But I like the character alot!!!!!!!! Any way we could manipulate him into a classic character?
CHECK THIS ONE OUT!!!!

The Space Between Space
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Space Between Space » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:06 am

Firstaria wrote:Nation Name: Firstaria
Character Name: the Hunter
Fairy Tale Origin: Little Red Riding Hood
Allegiance (Hero or Villain): Hero, although he's a free spirit.
Appearance:
or
Abilities: Good with most of melee and ranged weapons, excels with bot and axe. Expert knowledge of the forests of the kingdom. Really strong and smart.
Weapons: An axe, a dagger, a bow and several arrows.
Personality: He's a good guy, very gentle although a bit rude for his forest life. He prefers to not mess to much with the affaris of the kingdom.
Bio: Some says he was a woodcutter, some says he was an hunter, some says he was just a normal person. No one notices he took down a big wolf like it was nothing, and saved 2 girls in a time that would made any rescue prince envy. But what's the story behind the Hunter? He's a simple person who lives of hunting, actual friend of Jason, one of the council members, as the two often hunted together. He prefers to not give his name as he doesn't like fame, but if you are lost in the forest and you need help, he's the guy that can come to rescue you if he's near.
RP Sample: Do I need presentation?

Also, this is approved
CHECK THIS ONE OUT!!!!

Videssos
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Videssos » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:49 am

The Space Between Space wrote:
Videssos wrote:

:? Umm. Yeah. It's too recent. I allowed Alice in Wonderland since that's fallen into the category of "fable" or "Fairy tale." But I like the character alot!!!!!!!! Any way we could manipulate him into a classic character?

Well, Vampirates is set in the year 2505, so...
It's kinda set in the future.
Arya Stark- "Not today"

Stattr
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:37 am

Videssos wrote:

I don't know what fantas character he could be. I got hit with a ball yesterday night at a party and well. My brain hasn't been teh best and i'm still getting head aches...my memory has basic ally failed...that's kind of hwy I put this up..i think...I don't really know.. :unsure: I can make someone else...though IDk who.
"The world is full of stupid people, get used to it."
Pasong Tirad wrote:Heresy. The earth is flat. It's evening everywhere. Stattr needs to be guillotined.

Hlad:And after that?
Ethel: She is moving in with you, you will equip a throne room for her, and bring her rose petals everyday. You shall dress in a french maid's outfit, and only speak english with a bad french accent.
Drown wrote:
The balkens wrote:Why hello fellow privileged manape.

A cordial salutations towards a fellow scholar of the mythical 'White Privilege'

I am a 100% authentic D&D nerd. I love me some Barbs <3

The Space Between Space
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Space Between Space » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:41 am

Stattr wrote:

I don't know what fantas character he could be. I got hit with a ball yesterday night at a party and well. My brain hasn't been teh best and i'm still getting head aches...my memory has basic ally failed...that's kind of hwy I put this up..i think...I don't really know.. :unsure: I can make someone else...though IDk who.

Hmm. I'll skim through some stuff. See what I can do for you.
CHECK THIS ONE OUT!!!!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse