NATION

PASSWORD

Doctor Who: The Enemy of My Enemy (IC|Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:31 pm

Astrolinium wrote:London, England
11 October, 2014
2:43 AM

The rain had picked up to a downpour at around midnight, drenching the streets and rooftops. Droplets of water clung tight to leaves on trees and lampposts, and puddles filled the depressions in the roads and sidewalks. Most sane individuals had gone home in the face of the pouring rain, though a few brave souls had stayed out as late as one, braving the torrent with umbrellas held high. Slowly, the patrons had filtered out of the pub, and the lights had been turned off downstairs. They'd closed down. Jon and Eli had a vigorous session of... well, we'll call it cuddling, and then went to sleep. 'Twas a night in October, and all through the pub, not a creature was stirring, not even a...

If one had been awake and inside the pub at 2:43 AM, one might have heard two things stirring. The first was a faint whirring sound coming from the door. The door was wood, but its lock was very much made of metal, and so the sonic screwdriver had little trouble with it.

The other sound was that of footsteps on the stairs which led down from the upstairs. It was completely dark in the downstairs save for faint ambient light which streamed in through the windows from the streetlights, muted by the falling rain.

"Here we are, Sydney," the Doctor said quietly (even by a normal person's standards), pushing the door open and smiling at his companion, whom he held the door open for, "and I must apologize for being so secretive around Krishna and disappearing inside the TARDIS. We do things no one else in the universe can - and they'll fear us for it, or at least not react pleasantly. You see, no matter how benevolent our actions, the sad truth of the matter is that underdeveloped societies such as 21st century Earth - which is where we are, by the way, sorry for the confusion - will mistrust anyone claiming to be from the future, such as ourselves. It's only natural, after all; we must seem like madmen to them.

As for my avoidance of you, that I can also explain. I'm afraid I was exposed to a good deal of solar radiation during our prior adventure with the Sontarans. A fatal amount, in fact. However, I am not human - I am a Time Lord of Gallifrey, and our race long ago found a solution, however temporary, to death itself. We can regrow our bodies. I did just that, as you can plainly see. But it is a very traumatic process, and, as such, I needed a span of time to recover. So, I retreated deep into the TARDIS, to a room specifically designed to help me do so. I'm sure you understand.

And now we must investigate. The TARDIS seems to think we have a mission here, and I'm not going to disbelieve her, she's always been right in the past. The bartender mentioned seeing doubles, as did Richard, as you may remember. I think there's something alien going on in there. Good fun, in other words."

The Doctor entered after Sydney and closed the door behind them, locking it with the sonic screwdriver before it flashed a brilliant blue light that illuminated the pub like a flashlight.

"Did you hear anything?" he whispered to his companion, gesturing with the screwdriver at the staircase leading upwards.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:43 pm

Khan yawned, getting out of his bed to see what the noise was. Richard had kindly given the Indian his home for the week, since Richard now had a plane ticket back to America. So now there was a rapidly awakening Indian getting out of the room (because the pub did have a few rooms downstairs for the owners, guests willing to pay and some employees also willing to pay) and seeing the Doctor and Sydney walk past his room, the flashlight shining in his face. There was an awkward silence. Khan waved. "Hello there."
Last edited by Nightkill the Emperor on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:28 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Khan yawned, getting out of his bed to see what the noise was. Richard had kindly given the Indian his home for the week, since Richard now had a plane ticket back to America. So now there was a rapidly awakening Indian getting out of the room (because the pub did have a few rooms downstairs for the owners, guests willing to pay and some employees also willing to pay) and seeing the Doctor and Sydney walk past his room, the flashlight shining in his face. There was an awkward silence. Khan waved. "Hello there."

"Hello," the Doctor replied, stunned silent for a second, "You know, right now, I sort of wish you were a Haemovore or a Rutan or something. I can handle those."

The Doctor lowered the screwdriver from Khan's face and then pulled the Indian behind him.

"Stay quiet," he whispered harshly, "There's someone else in here and I'd rather not be the one to bury you."

The Doctor aimed the screwdriver's light back at the other pair of stairs and cautiously advanced, careful not to make a sound. He had a foe up there, he could feel - the electricity of the chase, the sensation of power and justice that fed him and kept him going.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:43 pm

Khan took a puff on a joint, as he always carried those around, and glanced around the room. "Mate, exactly what the hell are you looking for?" he asked, remembering to keep his voice down.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:23 pm

The footsteps drew closer and out of the shadows swirled one of the pub's owners, Eli, whom the Doctor had encountered earlier. Rubbing his sleepy eyes at the sudden light, he stared stupidly at the Doctor, Sydney, and Khan.
With a great sigh, he muttered, "Brits." under his breath.
More audibly, he said, "What the hell are you two doing here? This pub is closed, and I suggest you get the hell out of here before I call the cops or bobbies or whatever they call them here. A gentleman as mature as you has no business breaking into closed pubs at 3 in the... the... 3 in the... oy gevalt."

He blinked and his eyes seemed fixed behind Khan as his sentence trailed off. Behind the Indian stood... Krishna Khan. Or at the very least, something which looked very much like Krishna Khan. Perhaps the other one was the fake. They might even both be real - wibbly wobbly timey wimey and all that. At any rate, the further Khan looked incredulously at the assembly and exclaimed, "Bloody hell!"
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:06 pm

Astrolinium wrote:The footsteps drew closer and out of the shadows swirled one of the pub's owners, Eli, whom the Doctor had encountered earlier. Rubbing his sleepy eyes at the sudden light, he stared stupidly at the Doctor, Sydney, and Khan.
With a great sigh, he muttered, "Brits." under his breath.
More audibly, he said, "What the hell are you two doing here? This pub is closed, and I suggest you get the hell out of here before I call the cops or bobbies or whatever they call them here. A gentleman as mature as you has no business breaking into closed pubs at 3 in the... the... 3 in the... oy gevalt."

He blinked and his eyes seemed fixed behind Khan as his sentence trailed off. Behind the Indian stood... Krishna Khan. Or at the very least, something which looked very much like Krishna Khan. Perhaps the other one was the fake. They might even both be real - wibbly wobbly timey wimey and all that. At any rate, the further Khan looked incredulously at the assembly and exclaimed, "Bloody hell!"

"Oh?" the Doctor said, surprised. He turned and saw the two Khans, which evoked a reaction from him that was strange to the unacquainted, but perfectly expected from anyone familiar with the man.

"This is Christmas!" he giggled like a mischievous child, beaming from ear-to-ear, "Absolutely Christmas. Clones?"

He, once more, sniffed the air around the two. If he wasn't careful, he'd quickly become "that creepy incarnation who smelled things".

"Hm..." he muttered, suddenly quite reserved. This is never a good thing.

"You two are exactly alike," he observed, before waving the screwdriver around their bodies and examining it (it told him things because magic), "Even the sonic confirms it. A clone wouldn't have the same smell. Whatever this is, it's a very clever disguise. Not Zygon work. Not the work of anyone I've ever met before."

His confusion melted away into the purest exhilaration ever seen in a living creature.

"My giddy aunt, this will be fun!" he exclaimed.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:09 pm

And so the two Khans looked at each other, in full knowledge of what he was to do, he nodded solemnly to himself...and proceeded to grab the other Khan and make out with him.
Last edited by Nightkill the Emperor on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:19 pm

The other Khan let himself sink into the kiss, his hands running through Khan's hair. A light moan escaped his lips, and he began to caress the back of Khan's neck. His hands moved slowly along the ridge of Khan's jawline in a light romantic tickle. He held one at each side of his counterpart's neck, and suddenly tightened his grip, trying to throttle Khan. Their lips were still locked as he went on the offensive, trying to push Khan against the wall and grind on him as his hands made their best efforts to extinguish the man's life.
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:57 pm

Astrolinium wrote:The other Khan let himself sink into the kiss, his hands running through Khan's hair. A light moan escaped his lips, and he began to caress the back of Khan's neck. His hands moved slowly along the ridge of Khan's jawline in a light romantic tickle. He held one at each side of his counterpart's neck, and suddenly tightened his grip, trying to throttle Khan. Their lips were still locked as he went on the offensive, trying to push Khan against the wall and grind on him as his hands made their best efforts to extinguish the man's life.

"Mr. Khan," the Doctor said, resting his hand on the other Khan's like a stern father, "I would appreciate if you stopped trying to murder, er, Mr. Khan."

The Doctor wedged himself between the two and forced them apart, displaying a deal of strength unexpected from an elderly pacifist. The simple fact of the matter was that the Time Lords, especially the Doctor, were just better at everything than everyone else, except when they weren't. Not that you should ever tell the Doctor otherwise.

"Be more careful next time!" the Doctor howled at the assaulted Khan, while gripping the aggressor by his shirt and keeping him from escaping, "Never touch the monster! Your impulses will be the death of you, if you can't control yourself!"

He now turned to Sydney.

"My dear," he said, "please remove my cravat and give it to the real Krishna. It should help us tell the difference between the two, for now."

Goodbye.

Ende
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ende » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:34 pm

To be quite honest, as the second Mr. Khan entered the room, Sydney was more angry than afraid. Who on earth would clone him? Why would anyone on earth clone Khan? Of all the people in the universe? It was absurd - and, also, there were already enough Krishnas running around on the planet. Too many, actaully, to be quite honest.

And then, after a sickeningly disgusting kiss, the second started to murder the first. It was rather disturbing actually - she disliked Khan, but watching him being throttled by himself was rather horrifying.

After a few seconds, Sydney carefully removed the Doctor's cravat, and then threw it unceremoniously at Krishna. She looked at the Doctor.

"Shouldn't we do something about the clone that's probably going to try to murder us in a few seconds?" she said, sounding slightly concerned.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:21 pm

Ende wrote:To be quite honest, as the second Mr. Khan entered the room, Sydney was more angry than afraid. Who on earth would clone him? Why would anyone on earth clone Khan? Of all the people in the universe? It was absurd - and, also, there were already enough Krishnas running around on the planet. Too many, actaully, to be quite honest.

And then, after a sickeningly disgusting kiss, the second started to murder the first. It was rather disturbing actually - she disliked Khan, but watching him being throttled by himself was rather horrifying.

After a few seconds, Sydney carefully removed the Doctor's cravat, and then threw it unceremoniously at Krishna. She looked at the Doctor.

"Shouldn't we do something about the clone that's probably going to try to murder us in a few seconds?" she said, sounding slightly concerned.

"Well, yes, obviously," the Doctor replied, "It would be easier if we could look him in a room somewhere and post a guard at the door - preferably a room with no windows."

He now addressed Eli.

"Do you have a room fitting those conditions, my good man?" he asked, "If so, lead on."

Finally, he turned back to the doppelganger.

"Who are you?" he asked, "Are you alien? A human creation? What is your business here?"
Last edited by Nationstatelandsville on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goodbye.

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Eli thought for a moment. He was still quite bewildered and so he had to think. "Ah, there's the little room that Jon and I use for, uh, our... y'know. It's got all sorts of whips and chains in it, too, so you could tie him up if you wanted."

The doppelganger cocked its head to the side.
The head kept going until it had rotated clockwise a full 2π radians. The thing hissed and melted into a puddle of beer. A puddle of beer that immediately dribbled away through the cracks in the floorboards down into the cellar below.
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:36 pm

Astrolinium wrote:Eli thought for a moment. He was still quite bewildered and so he had to think. "Ah, there's the little room that Jon and I use for, uh, our... y'know. It's got all sorts of whips and chains in it, too, so you could tie him up if you wanted."

The doppelganger cocked its head to the side.
The head kept going until it had rotated clockwise a full 2π radians. The thing hissed and melted into a puddle of beer. A puddle of beer that immediately dribbled away through the cracks in the floorboards down into the cellar below.

The Doctor blinked, and then wiped his hands off on his coat.

"Well..." he sighed, "I can tell you it isn't human. None of your current technology can do that, unless Torchwood's been sharing, and I would know if they were. No, I don't recognize it off-hand. Can't be Sontarans, they can't do that either, nor Zygons - the real Krishna's still here. Probably."

The Doctor spun around and smacked Khan.

"Seems like it," he said thoughtfully, tugging on his cheek skin, "but I can't know for sure."

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:30 pm

Khan blinked. "Fucking hell, bahenchod, what the fuck?" he yelled, knocking out of his oxygen-deprived and self make out induced state. He also now felt beer in his mouth, which was actually one of the more pleasant things about his situation. He shook his head. "I haven't smoked any meth yet. Just tell me what's going on, because this is probably real right now. Or did I smoke? I have no idea at this point."
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:53 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Khan blinked. "Fucking hell, bahenchod, what the fuck?" he yelled, knocking out of his oxygen-deprived and self make out induced state. He also now felt beer in his mouth, which was actually one of the more pleasant things about his situation. He shook his head. "I haven't smoked any meth yet. Just tell me what's going on, because this is probably real right now. Or did I smoke? I have no idea at this point."

The Doctor grabbed Khan's hand and pressed it into his left wrist.

"Hear that?" he asked.

Buh-buh buh-buh, buh-buh buh-buh, buh-buh buh-buh, buh-buh buh-buh...

"Two hearts," the Doctor said gravely, "I'm not human, though that's occasionally up to debate. I'm from the distant world of Gallifrey, a place in the center of the universe where two suns lumber across the skies. I am a Time Lord, a lonely god who has conquered space, time, and death alike. I am the last of my kind, the only surviving veteran of the Last Great Time War. I journey across the stars in my stolen time machine, the TARDIS. I protect the innocent, foil the wicked, free the oppressed, and fix history. I was knighted by Victoria and wed by Elizabeth. I am the Oncoming Storm, the Mighty Warrior, the Trickster, the Madman With a Box, Ka Faraq Gatri, the Champion of Life and Time, the Sandman, the Predator of the Daleks, and your last hope. I am... the Doctor. I'm here to save the day."

He looked over at Sydney and added an awkward addendum.

"And that's my friend, Sydney," he said.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:24 pm

Khan blinked, and nodded with pleasure. "Ah. So I AM high. Thanks for confirming that. Well, in this state I've survived a lot more than some alien superhero doctor, so I think we're all good for now. I'm Krishna Khan, Indian extraordinare. I survived eating Indian street food. I think I've won this list of accomplishments." He clapped his hands together. "Alrighty then, what do you need from me on this marvellous drug trip of ours?"

At some level, Khan recognised that he was perfectly sober, because his head hurt like a bitch. But pretending this wasn't real was a far easier way to deal with it than acknowledging it.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:33 pm

Eli, meanwhile, stared at the Doctor like he was an alien from outer space. Which he was, but, well, the man hardly looked the part. At Krishna's words, the American shook his head as if to dispel something from it and launched into a rather aggressive battery of questions aimed at the Doctor.
"What are you, some fucking Martian? What the fuck was that thing, anyway? What the hell is some... thing doing in my pub? Is it some Martian buddy of yours, Mr. President of the Doolicks or whatever you just called yourself?"
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:39 pm

Astrolinium wrote:Eli, meanwhile, stared at the Doctor like he was an alien from outer space. Which he was, but, well, the man hardly looked the part. At Krishna's words, the American shook his head as if to dispel something from it and launched into a rather aggressive battery of questions aimed at the Doctor.
"What are you, some fucking Martian? What the fuck was that thing, anyway? What the hell is some... thing doing in my pub? Is it some Martian buddy of yours, Mr. President of the Doolicks or whatever you just called yourself?"

"I have no idea!" the Doctor admitted cheerily, turning to face Eli. He began to wring his hands together excitedly, then realized what he was doing, grimaced, and let his arms fall limp at his sides.

"Obviously, holding this thing physically won't work," he said, "and it certainly seems malicious - nothing good ever runs from me, unless I'm cross or otherwise having a bad day. No, what we have here is an evil alien on the run. E.T. gone bad. I suggest we all get out of the pub and into my TARDIS. It isn't safe here. Probably isn't safe there, either, actually."

Suddenly, he ripped the cravat out of Krishna's hands and wrapped it once more around his neck.

"No use in that," he concluded, "It can obviously change its shape quite easily. Now, we need some way to stop it, which means I need to figure out exactly what it is. Some experiments should tell us more. Come along, Po- all."

The Doctor then marched out of the pub and into the TARDIS, humming merrily.

Goodbye.

Ende
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ende » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:48 pm

Sydney looked at Eli.

"Hi, Eli. Nice to meet you. I'm Sydney. You're probably a little bit confused right now, right? I'll answer some of your questions for you. Anyway, don't worry. We can follow him. He's my friend, and, supposedly, he's a Time Lord. Crazy, eh? Yeah, it is. He's not a Martian, though. Don't be so racist against the Martians. Nice guys, really - just a bit funny-looking. Anyway, he says he's a Time Lord, but he isn't a Time Lord. The oldest races in the Galaxy talk about the Time Lords as legends. Our legends talked about them as legends. They're all gone. They died with the Daleks. Anyway, I think he might just be an Andalusian. They've got two hearts, y'know, and they're real advanced. They're a traveller-capable civilization, so, I think maybe he picked up a time machine. It's a possibility. But, he's nice."

She yawned, even though she was slightly terrified at the moment. It was rather late - what, three in the morning? Whatever the thing had been was rather awful, but, she had seen a lot of things. The fiftieth century could be a nasty place at times. After a few moments, she continued.

"As he said, that thing is probably a shape-shifter species of some sort, taking residence in your building. I honestly don't know of a whole lot of species able to do that. Maybe it was a Flesh creature. Could be one of those. Anyway, from the looks of it, it's also probably here to devour you or Krishna limb from limb. And, no, I really doubt that the Doc here knows it. Probably shouldn't stay here talking for too long, to be honest. Now, let's go, shall we?"

She turned, and ran after the Doctor.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:25 pm

Ende wrote:Sydney looked at Eli.

"Hi, Eli. Nice to meet you. I'm Sydney. You're probably a little bit confused right now, right? I'll answer some of your questions for you. Anyway, don't worry. We can follow him. He's my friend, and, supposedly, he's a Time Lord. Crazy, eh? Yeah, it is. He's not a Martian, though. Don't be so racist against the Martians. Nice guys, really - just a bit funny-looking. Anyway, he says he's a Time Lord, but he isn't a Time Lord. The oldest races in the Galaxy talk about the Time Lords as legends. Our legends talked about them as legends. They're all gone. They died with the Daleks. Anyway, I think he might just be an Andalusian. They've got two hearts, y'know, and they're real advanced. They're a traveller-capable civilization, so, I think maybe he picked up a time machine. It's a possibility. But, he's nice."

She yawned, even though she was slightly terrified at the moment. It was rather late - what, three in the morning? Whatever the thing had been was rather awful, but, she had seen a lot of things. The fiftieth century could be a nasty place at times. After a few moments, she continued.

"As he said, that thing is probably a shape-shifter species of some sort, taking residence in your building. I honestly don't know of a whole lot of species able to do that. Maybe it was a Flesh creature. Could be one of those. Anyway, from the looks of it, it's also probably here to devour you or Krishna limb from limb. And, no, I really doubt that the Doc here knows it. Probably shouldn't stay here talking for too long, to be honest. Now, let's go, shall we?"

She turned, and ran after the Doctor.

Sydney found the Doctor messing around at the TARDIS control panel, having removed his jacket and laid it out on top of its many levers and buttons and the occasional thimble. He now wore plastic gloves over his hand and held a cotton swab covered in some liquid that smelled vaguely like ethanol and roasted pumpkin between two fingers on his left hand, an empty plastic vial (the kind vaccines go in) in the other. He swabbed the cotton across his wet sleeve, where the shapeshifter had left behind some of its liquid form, which caused the swab to become a bright red color. The Doctor placed the swab inside the vial, which contained some clear solution that caused the swab to dissolve into a dark brown liquid.

"There we go," the Doctor said with a satisfied smirk, "Now we have a sample of its DNA."
Last edited by Nationstatelandsville on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:27 pm

"I have no idea why this creature would even have DNA." Khan mentioned. "I mean, it's completely possible it may not even be a carbon-based lifeform-" He stopped talking when the Doctor got the DNA he was looking for. "I stand corrected. But I think it's fucking bullshit that these aliens all have DNA and are carbon based. I'd picture any self-respecting alien to try and be truly alien." He seemed almost offended by this lack of originality.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:01 pm

Eli had followed the Doctor only with the greatest reluctance. Really, he would have stayed were it not for the thought that there was a murderous alien thingy in his pub. He didn't even like pubs, really - he'd wanted to be a composer or an actor. Well, he supposed that some of the things he'd done had counted as acting. And certainly those things had helped pay the bills when the pub was just starting up. Someday, he just knew he'd finish that Broadway musical he'd always been working on. But he was woolgathering on his way into the... the telephone box.

He staggered back a little as he arrived inside the telephone box, and a hand flew to his head. As the Doctor and Khan and Sydney all babbled about alien DNA, all Eli could say was, "It's... bigger on the inside!"
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:35 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:"I have no idea why this creature would even have DNA." Khan mentioned. "I mean, it's completely possible it may not even be a carbon-based lifeform-" He stopped talking when the Doctor got the DNA he was looking for. "I stand corrected. But I think it's fucking bullshit that these aliens all have DNA and are carbon based. I'd picture any self-respecting alien to try and be truly alien." He seemed almost offended by this lack of originality.

"Genetic plagiarism, Mr. Khan!" the Doctor beamed, "Whether or not our good foe was originally carbon-based is impossible to tell at the moment. No, we can't yet be sure if it's even technically alive. But, if it is to replicate the form of an Earth organism, as we've seen it do twice now and presumably for the duration of its stay on this planet, it would need to adapt. To restructure its very foundation to mimic ours. It likely can't return to its original form, if it even had one."

The Doctor tapped the vial and smiled even wider.

"No, this," he explained, "this is all of the myriad types of DNA it has stored within itself. A list, you could say, of its forms. Hopefully, at least, I can't be sure. I don't know enough about it yet."

Astrolinium wrote:Eli had followed the Doctor only with the greatest reluctance. Really, he would have stayed were it not for the thought that there was a murderous alien thingy in his pub. He didn't even like pubs, really - he'd wanted to be a composer or an actor. Well, he supposed that some of the things he'd done had counted as acting. And certainly those things had helped pay the bills when the pub was just starting up. Someday, he just knew he'd finish that Broadway musical he'd always been working on. But he was woolgathering on his way into the... the telephone box.

He staggered back a little as he arrived inside the telephone box, and a hand flew to his head. As the Doctor and Khan and Sydney all babbled about alien DNA, all Eli could say was, "It's... bigger on the inside!"

"...Obviously," was the Doctor's response, his enthusiasm deflated a bit, "Try not to shout the obvious, my good man. I've always disliked competition in the exposition department. Or, at least, I think I have. Bit new."

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:43 pm

Khan raised an eyebrow. "Dear God man, you're aware that if you gave that stuff to any scientist they'd have a few hundred orgasms at the same damn time? Hell, I'd like to closely inspect that sometime." He pulled out some weed, lit a joint and put it in his mouth. "Anyway then, I'll accept this is real for the time being. Where are we going then? And just what is this?" He gestured around the TARDIS.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:03 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Khan raised an eyebrow. "Dear God man, you're aware that if you gave that stuff to any scientist they'd have a few hundred orgasms at the same damn time? Hell, I'd like to closely inspect that sometime." He pulled out some weed, lit a joint and put it in his mouth. "Anyway then, I'll accept this is real for the time being. Where are we going then? And just what is this?" He gestured around the TARDIS.

"Oh, yes, I am!" the Doctor replied enthusiastically, "Don't worry, though, you'll all figure it our someday. I try not to tell you how to do everything, you'll have to do that on your own. I fancy myself a teacher, not Santa Claus. A good teacher lets you figure some stuff out on your own, wouldn't you say? Space Gandalf!"

He slung his jacket back on and corked the vial, before slipping into one of his inner pockets.

"As for this beauty," he continued, "this is the lovely TARDIS. My time machine and the last of her kind in existence. Well, mine, from a certain point of view. Grown on Gallifrey, though I'm not exactly sure how. She's an old one, definitely. She was a few centuries old when I happened upon her, and we've banging around the cosmos for a good... forever, really. I can't tell. Honestly, given my style of travel, ages can get hard. Type 40, if you want to know. She can go anywhere in time and space and sometimes even where she's meant to go. she's a police box, I suppose, by Earth standards. A trick of perception. She has a clever little device called the chameleon circuit, which scans the time and place that she lands in and chooses the best shape to hide herself away in said time. Security measures. Only problem is that she has a bit of an attitude, so she always chooses this one. Been meaning to fix that. Might do it one day - nah."

Goodbye.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse