NATION

PASSWORD

Traveller's Café: Discussion, brainstorming & advice

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you support an opt-out of Gameplay (specifically R/D) for P2TM Regions?

Yes.
65%
Nah.
12%
I don't care.
22%

Total votes : 139

Setinel
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Setinel » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:03 pm

Hello you wondefull peoples! I'm new to this so I'm just gonna cut to the chase. I want to start a Mighty Ducks RP. Yes as in the hockey movie. faggots think I'm stupid. What a bunch of... So yeah. The one problem? I don't want to run it. And that's about it. Responses?
98% of all NS users would cry if they had to read a lot to understand an RP, regardless of how good it was. If you're one of the 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:04 pm

Setinel wrote:Hello you wondefull peoples! I'm new to this so I'm just gonna cut to the chase. I want to start a Mighty Ducks RP. Yes as in the hockey movie. faggots think I'm stupid. What a bunch of... So yeah. The one problem? I don't want to run it. And that's about it. Responses?

...If you aren't interested in OPing your own idea, there's really not much chance you're going to find someone who is.
When the war is over
Got to start again
Try to hold a trace of what it was back then
You and I we sent each other stories
Just a page I'm lost in all its glory
How can I go home and not get blown away

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:08 pm

So is this a no to the slendy RP? Or does no one here KNOW who slenderman is? Yes, I was a fan of the creepypasta looong before it became something on the internet. I know the lore and such, I would as the OP, be playing Slenderman, and I would be haunting ten individuals in modern times using the same plot line as Tribe Twelve (the youtube channel, check it out) with the ten being recruits for Slederman's army of goons.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Setinel
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Setinel » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:09 pm

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:
Setinel wrote:Hello you wondefull peoples! I'm new to this so I'm just gonna cut to the chase. I want to start a Mighty Ducks RP. Yes as in the hockey movie. faggots think I'm stupid. What a bunch of... So yeah. The one problem? I don't want to run it. And that's about it. Responses?

...If you aren't interested in OPing your own idea, there's really not much chance you're going to find someone who is.

I'd love to OP it. The problem is that I think the horrid RPs I make are giving me a bad reputation. I've had one RP last 3 days. Of about 6. I at least want to know someone will join.
98% of all NS users would cry if they had to read a lot to understand an RP, regardless of how good it was. If you're one of the 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:09 pm

Kassaran wrote:So is this a no to the slendy RP? Or does no one here KNOW who slenderman is? Yes, I was a fan of the creepypasta looong before it became something on the internet. I know the lore and such, I would as the OP, be playing Slenderman, and I would be haunting ten individuals in modern times using the same plot line as Tribe Twelve (the youtube channel, check it out) with the ten being recruits for Slederman's army of goons.

Bloody hell man, it's been ten fucking minutes. Calm your jets.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:10 pm

Setinel wrote:
The Tiger Kingdom wrote:...If you aren't interested in OPing your own idea, there's really not much chance you're going to find someone who is.

I'd love to OP it. The problem is that I think the horrid RPs I make are giving me a bad reputation. I've had one RP last 3 days. Of about 6. I at least want to know someone will join.

Then stop suggesting rps, just join an open and existing one and try to get better.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:13 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Setinel wrote:

Then stop suggesting rps, just join an open and existing one and try to get better.

lol, I did that for a while, then I just decided to spam advertise my RP. Not really spam advertise, but yeah. Here's the link btw for my scifi RP Fallen Colony: Daedalus
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=264543
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.

Setinel
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Setinel » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:15 pm

Setinel wrote:

That's not the point. I'm going to do it, it's a question of If it's worth doing to have no one join.

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Traveller's Café: Discussion, brainstorming & advice

Postby Gvozdevsk » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:16 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Gvozdevsk wrote:Would anyone be interested in an RP where Nazi time travel is successful, allowing Hitler or some other high ranking Nazi official to come to power in Germany in the present day, militarize the country and then proceed to curbstomp a completely unprepared Europe before setting their sights on North America? It would be character based and take place somewhere in the United States. I'm thinking Las Vegas or some other major tourist destination so characters could be from anywhere, whether they were a tourist from Europe who got stuck there when the Germans steamrolled their country, a tourist from somewhere in the Americas or Asia who was stuck there when air travel in North America was prohibited following the German invasion, or simply someone who lives there. Although there's science fiction involved because of Nazi time travel, these characters are completely normal people who are resisting a German occupation in a city, or even a country that many of them do not call home. But I feel like this is just asking for everyone to be elite commandos from all over the world who just happen to be on vacation in the same place at the same time.

What year? It takes years to build military that can completely invade all of Europe, and then there is Russia too.

If I play, doctor or an IT expert is good enough.

I haven't thought about that yet. The plan was honestly to use the time travel technology to build a massive army with modern equipment. So Europe wouldn't be completely unprepared, but not expecting the numbers being thrown at them. I have no idea how we'll take Russia out of the picture though.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:16 pm

Kassaran wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Then stop suggesting rps, just join an open and existing one and try to get better.

lol, I did that for a while, then I just decided to spam advertise my RP. Not really spam advertise, but yeah. Here's the link btw for my scifi RP Fallen Colony: Daedalus

So you basically just admitted you don't care about getting better, building network connections or anything, you're just interested in spam advertising your own rps.

Why should we join now?
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:16 pm

Setinel wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Then stop suggesting rps, just join an open and existing one and try to get better.

That's not the point. I'm going to do it, it's a question of If it's worth doing to have no one join.

It's not.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Setinel
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Setinel » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:18 pm

Setinel wrote:

It's not.

I wasn't asking you.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:26 pm

Kassaran wrote:lol, I did that for a while, then I just decided to spam advertise my RP. Not really spam advertise, but yeah. Here's the link btw for my scifi RP Fallen Colony: Daedalus

So you basically just admitted you don't care about getting better, building network connections or anything, you're just interested in spam advertising your own rps.

Why should we join now?

:rofl: love how you immediately assume all that from my desperation to simply TRY and start an RP. I DO care about getting better, Hell, I am a part of I believe around five separate RP's, all to improve my abilities as an RPer as well as an Op by seeing the way others act. I am just wanting to start up my own RP and quite a few people were carrying on about how they wanted a scifi RP. I made one, then no one joined and only through aggressive advertising did I manage to make it grow. :p

bloody hell, mate.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:26 pm

Kassaran wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:So you basically just admitted you don't care about getting better, building network connections or anything, you're just interested in spam advertising your own rps.

Why should we join now?

:rofl: love how you immediately assume all that from my desperation to simply TRY and start an RP. I DO care about getting better, Hell, I am a part of I believe around five separate RP's, all to improve my abilities as an RPer as well as an Op by seeing the way others act. I am just wanting to start up my own RP and quite a few people were carrying on about how they wanted a scifi RP. I made one, then no one joined and only through aggressive advertising did I manage to make it grow. :p

Phrasing it as "spam advertise" gives off a highly negative impression.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:27 pm

Kassaran wrote:

Phrasing it as "spam advertise" gives off a highly negative impression.

I know, that is because it isn't good if one HAS to advertise aggressive advertising techniques. I mean, people usually like the RP once they find it, but it is the finding of the RP that is the problem.

bloody hell, mate.

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:35 pm

Kassaran wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Phrasing it as "spam advertise" gives off a highly negative impression.

I know, that is because it isn't good if one HAS to advertise aggressive advertising techniques. I mean, people usually like the RP once they find it, but it is the finding of the RP that is the problem.

I think "spam advertising", like what you see a lot of on here, is really, really overrated. Nobody pays attention to it, and when they do, people generally resent it.
When I started ES, I didn't need to spam advertise. I just put up a pretty fine OP and a few people joined right off - and then I just kept my eyes out for good RPers and TG'd them to ask if they were interested. And more people turned up over time as ES went on.
That system was also better for me in that I wanted actually qualified RP people, not jut people coming in off of the figurative street.
When the war is over
Got to start again
Try to hold a trace of what it was back then
You and I we sent each other stories
Just a page I'm lost in all its glory
How can I go home and not get blown away

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:35 pm

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:
Kassaran wrote:I know, that is because it isn't good if one HAS to advertise aggressive advertising techniques. I mean, people usually like the RP once they find it, but it is the finding of the RP that is the problem.

I think "spam advertising", like what you see a lot of on here, is really, really overrated. Nobody pays attention to it, and when they do, people generally resent it.
When I started ES, I didn't need to spam advertise. I just put up a pretty fine OP and a few people joined right off - and then I just kept my eyes out for good RPers and TG'd them to ask if they were interested. And more people turned up over time as ES went on.
That system was also better for me in that I wanted actually qualified RP people, not jut people coming in off of the figurative street.

In EH, admittedly, I just got a flood of applicants and actually had to cut it down.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:44 pm

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:-snip-

In EH, admittedly, I just got a flood of applicants and actually had to cut it down.

For me, I am not well known and so much OOC chat happens in RP's, I prefer to be in an RP that gets in ten posts a day IC, even if eight don't pertain to me at the moment, they might come in handy down the road to know. I do feel as though I have a good OP and I believe I can make better RPers with the RP itself. That is my overall goal in being the Operator of a thread, to help improve others as well as gain experience in a field. I played for a good six months as the player, now I feel it is time to be the OP and to be the one running the show.

bloody hell, mate.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:37 am

Gvozdevsk wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:
What year? It takes years to build military that can completely invade all of Europe, and then there is Russia too.

If I play, doctor or an IT expert is good enough.

I haven't thought about that yet. The plan was honestly to use the time travel technology to build a massive army with modern equipment. So Europe wouldn't be completely unprepared, but not expecting the numbers being thrown at them. I have no idea how we'll take Russia out of the picture though.

It needs more than just modern equipments. Large standing army is not what the Germany has. Russia can invade Germany before they can invade Europe.

It will be different if biological attacks, since it can take the unprepared Europe easily.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:53 am

Setinel wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:It's not.

I wasn't asking you.

Then why are you here if you don't want people to answer your questions?

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:13 am

I had a great idea while I was in a shower.

A world project was funded and developed by the world nations to find out if reincarnation is real or not. Three children were tested to determined the true reincarnation.

It was failed, and the project was scrapped, but it turned out it took time to know about their reincarnation age. They became adults and have good careers because of their respective reincarnations.

You, will play as a child or adult who will slowly discovers about your reincarnation and figure it out while also use your reincarnation's abilities for your goals. However, the Reincarnation of Evil, a group of Neo-Nazi who worship Hitler, wants to manipulate all of the reincarnation people and make them to lead the world. Thus, United Nations form the United Security of Reincarnation (UNSR) to stop their actions, and you can be from the United Nations or from the Neo-Nazi.

So thoughts?
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Constaniana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Constaniana » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:56 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:I had a great idea while I was in a shower.

A world project was funded and developed by the world nations to find out if reincarnation is real or not. Three children were tested to determined the true reincarnation.

It was failed, and the project was scrapped, but it turned out it took time to know about their reincarnation age. They became adults and have good careers because of their respective reincarnations.

You, will play as a child or adult who will slowly discovers about your reincarnation and figure it out while also use your reincarnation's abilities for your goals. However, the Reincarnation of Evil, a group of Neo-Nazi who worship Hitler, wants to manipulate all of the reincarnation people and make them to lead the world. Thus, United Nations form the United Security of Reincarnation (UNSR) to stop their actions, and you can be from the United Nations or from the Neo-Nazi.

So thoughts?

That's actually a pretty cool concept. But I don't think I'd join because of my current time restraints,
Join Elementals 3, one of P2TM's oldest high fantasy roleplays, full of adventure, humour, and saving the world. Winner of the Best High Fantasy RP of P2TM twice in a row Choo Choo
Pro: Jesus Christ, Distributism, The Shire, House Atreides
Anti: The Antichrist, Communism, Mordor, House Harkonnen
Ameriganastan wrote:I work hard to think of those ludicrous Eric adventure stories, but I don't think I'd have come up with rescuing a three armed alchemist from goblin-monkeys in a million years.

Kudos.

Setinel
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Setinel » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:40 am

Esternial wrote:
Setinel wrote:
I wasn't asking you.

Then why are you here if you don't want people to answer your questions?

My question is wether or not people are going to join.

The Empire of Pretantia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Empire of Pretantia » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:58 am

Setinel wrote:
Esternial wrote:Then why are you here if you don't want people to answer your questions?

My question is wether or not people are going to join.

And the answer is technically yes, people will join.
ywn be as good as this video
Gacha
Trashing other people's waifus
Anti-NN
EA
Douche flutes
Zimbabwe
Putting the toilet paper roll the wrong way
Every single square inch of Asia
Lewding Earth-chan
Pollution
4Chan in all its glory and all its horror
Playing the little Switch controller handheld thing in public
Treading on me
Socialism, Communism, Anarchism, and all their cousins and sisters and brothers and wife's sons
Alternate Universe 40K
Nightcore
Comcast
Zimbabwe
Believing the Ottomans were the third Roman Empire
Parodies of the Gadsden flag
The Fate Series
US politics

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:15 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Gvozdevsk wrote:

It needs more than just modern equipments. Large standing army is not what the Germany has. Russia can invade Germany before they can invade Europe.

It will be different if biological attacks, since it can take the unprepared Europe easily.

so MW3 with German terrorists instead of Russian terrorists.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse