NATION

PASSWORD

Some D&D Thing (OOC; Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aelosia
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Aelosia » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Hamste wrote:Can you please spoiler that? It is really annoying on a phone.

My app, you mean?
My ratings in the top 100:
Aelosia is ranked 12th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates
Aelosia is ranked 12th in the world for Largest Defense Forces
Aelosia is ranked 13th in the world for Most Scientifically Advanced
Aelosia is ranked 20th in the world for Most Cultured
Aelosia is ranked 24th in the world for Most Subsidized Industry
Aelosia is ranked 25th in the world for Fastest-Growing Economies
Aelosia is ranked 38th in the world for Largest Public Transport Department
Aelosia is ranked 42th in the world for Largest Publishing Industry
Aelosia is ranked 51th in the world for Largest Information Technology Sector
Aelosia is ranked 61th in the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector

Factbook so far.

Hamste
Minister

Founded: Sep 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hamste » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:44 pm

Aelosia wrote:
Hamste wrote:Can you please spoiler that? It is really annoying on a phone.

My app, you mean?

Yep though it is moot now because of the new page thing.
Can you imagine a world without hypothetical situtations?

Logic is like thumbs, it is not necessary but it sure is helpful.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:40 pm

Thisbia wrote:
Hamste wrote:Seeing I am not a cleric, no one is ever going to pray to the High Blug and no cleric would ever even think of summoning a level 1 gully dwarf with 7 hp, can I pray to him?

What if the DM - me - rolls a favor from him - how would that work? Do you have his alignment and/or stats?
I would run this past Olthar, and if acceptable I will concur.

I don't much care about deities. They rarely ever factor into a campaign, even one with clerics and paladins. All it really means is what name they blurt out, and I don't care what name that is. I'm sure I'd probably care more if I actually ever played a cleric. :P

Besides, the only deities I know are real world gods, Forgotten Realms, and The Elder Scrolls, and of those, the only ones I particularly care much about are the ones from the Elder Scrolls.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Thisbia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Thisbia » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:42 pm

Very well then, apps are complete, I've read all the backgrounds, when can we start the actual game?
Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.72
_Factbook
_NSTracker
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. - Frank Sinatra

A wrongly accused man is always vilified by the ignorant masses. Such a man should fire at will, he is bound to hit something. - Anonymous

Hamste
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hamste » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:45 pm

Thisbia wrote:Very well then, apps are complete, I've read all the backgrounds, when can we start the actual game?

WOOT

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:46 pm

Thisbia wrote:Very well then, apps are complete, I've read all the backgrounds, when can we start the actual game?

I still need Jorm and TIE's finalized apps so that I can add them to the list in the second post.

Also, I still think Hamste needs to get rid of the spiked chain and grab a second weapon that he can actually use.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Hamste
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hamste » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:59 pm

Olthar wrote:

I still need Jorm and TIE's finalized apps so that I can add them to the list in the second post.

Also, I still think Hamste needs to get rid of the spiked chain and grab a second weapon that he can actually use.

I hold my right to make pointless and horrible decisions. I shall find a random use for that spiked chain and then I shall have the last laugh...on an unrelated topic how much do you think it would cost to get a small spiked chain launching catapult?

Hamste
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hamste » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:01 pm

and by small spiked chain catapult I mean the catapult is small, it would need to launch large chains.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:07 pm

Hamste wrote:
Olthar wrote:I still need Jorm and TIE's finalized apps so that I can add them to the list in the second post.

I hold my right to make pointless and horrible decisions. I shall find a random use for that spiked chain and then I shall have the last laugh...on an unrelated topic how much do you think it would cost to get a small spiked chain launching catapult?

Fine. Have your spiked chain, but you should still grab another weapon that you can use. Walking around with only one type of damage is lethally stupid. If the party encounters zombies, for instance, and you can only deal bludgeoning damage, then you will be rather useless.

Hamste wrote:and by small spiked chain catapult I mean the catapult is small, it would need to launch large chains.

Siege weaponry would be considerably expensive. It's also huge, slow, and immobile and can't be carried around by an adventurer.
Last edited by Olthar on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:09 pm

@ Aelosia: You get four bonus languages due to your high intelligence. Just as a suggestion, I'd pick Goblin and Orcish as two of them as it'd make a lot of sense considering your nicely done backstory. *nods*

Also, when you say you have two daggers, is that just so that you have a spare or are you going to try dual-wielding them?

There is no "Craft (Poison)" skill. Poisons aren't made; they're harvested from creatures. The closest you'd get is Craft (Alchemy), but you can't take that as you're not an arcane caster.
Last edited by Olthar on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Inritus Extraho
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Inritus Extraho » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:03 pm

Olthar wrote:@ Aelosia: You get four bonus languages due to your high intelligence. Just as a suggestion, I'd pick Goblin and Orcish as two of them as it'd make a lot of sense considering your nicely done backstory. *nods*

Also, when you say you have two daggers, is that just so that you have a spare or are you going to try dual-wielding them?

There is no "Craft (Poison)" skill. Poisons aren't made; they're harvested from creatures. The closest you'd get is Craft (Alchemy), but you can't take that as you're not an arcane caster.

Actually, you can take Craft (Alchemy) without being a caster - you just can't create MAGIC potions (things that require the Brew Potion feat). You can still make 'poisons' and raptures.

EDIT: Oh, and drugs.
Last edited by The Inritus Extraho on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
You can call me TIE. I'm not on much... so telegram me if you need something.
FanT Nation - FT w/o space.
I'm on CA time, so... pacific. UTC -8
I'm bi, not single, and really any pronoun works.
I'll check out RP's if you TG me about them.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:11 pm

The Inritus Extraho wrote:
Olthar wrote:@ Aelosia: You get four bonus languages due to your high intelligence. Just as a suggestion, I'd pick Goblin and Orcish as two of them as it'd make a lot of sense considering your nicely done backstory. *nods*

Actually, you can take Craft (Alchemy) without being a caster - you just can't create MAGIC potions (things that require the Brew Potion feat). You can still make 'poisons' and raptures.

EDIT: Oh, and drugs.

Well, okay. Technically you can take it, but you can't do anything with it. Every item requires magic. You couldn't even make a simple acid flask. All potions are magic potions, and you can't use Craft (Alchemy) to make chemicals. If you want to do that, you'd have to get Profession (Chemist).

Also, I need you to post your finalized app for the list.
Last edited by Olthar on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aelosia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aelosia » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:58 pm

Hamste wrote:
Olthar wrote:I still need Jorm and TIE's finalized apps so that I can add them to the list in the second post.

Oh, you are one of "those characters".

I have goblin and orc as bonus languages, O.o I picked those because of the backstory.

No dual wielding, as a rogue I would never get enough feats for those. Just the typical "dagger in the boot" spare.

There is Craft Trapmaking? That seems more like the "city hunter" kind of thing I was aiming for. In any case, I'll change that skill, I was not convinced.

Factbook so far.

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:05 am

Craft trapmaking doesn't seem this great idea, I mean who we are gonna ambush with an half-giant whose hide skill is surely in another underground realm?
OVERLORD Daniel Mercury of Firstaria
Original Author of SC #5 and SC #30

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:14 am

Aelosia wrote:I have goblin and orc as bonus languages, O.o I picked those because of the backstory.

Oh, I see what you did. You put them in the racial traits section. That's for a list of all bonus languages available. The ones you speak should all go in the languages spoken section.

Aelosia wrote:No dual wielding, as a rogue I would never get enough feats for those. Just the typical "dagger in the boot" spare.

Right-O.

Aelosia wrote:There is Craft Trapmaking? That seems more like the "city hunter" kind of thing I was aiming for. In any case, I'll change that skill, I was not convinced.

Yes. There is, indeed, Craft (Trapmaking).

Firstaria wrote:Craft trapmaking doesn't seem this great idea, I mean who we are gonna ambush with an half-giant whose hide skill is surely in another underground realm?

It's called "splitting the party." If we need to do something more stealth-based, we could just have the rogue go off on her own, or maybe have the bard join her.

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:51 am

Yeah, that can work, except that an ambush with just a rogue and a bard is not really great, maybe we'll let the Houri join us, she has nice dex and since she says her cha is good, she may be a bluff to attract men.
Last edited by Firstaria on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Inritus Extraho
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Inritus Extraho » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:04 am

Name: Sir Isaiah Scaleson
Race: Dragonborn
Alignment: Lawful Good
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 204lbs
Languages Spoken: Common, Celestial, Ignan, Draconic

Level: 1 (ECL 2)

Ability Scores:
Strength:
18 = 16 (8 points)+ 2 (Draconic)
Dexterity: 14 = 14 (4 points) + 2 (Draconic) - 2 (Reborn)
Constitution: 18 = 14 (4 points) + 2 (Draconic) + 2 (Reborn)
Wisdom: 10 = 10 (0 points)
Intelligence: 14 = 14 (4 points)
Charisma: 14 = 14 (4 points)

-------------------------------------------------

Racial Abilities: (Only fill out for non-core races.)
+2 Str/ Con/ Dex
+2 Con/ -2 Dex
Immune to Frightful Presence
Darkvision 30 + Low-light Vision
+2 on Listen/ Spot/ Search
Automatic Languages: Common
Bonus Languages: Any
Favored Class: Any
Level Adjustment: +1

Appearance:
Isaiah stands tall, at almost six feet, and is obviously inhuman. He has a ridge of blue horns escaping from his brow, with eyes that shine with a silver gleam when hit by the light just so. His build is powerful, and yet seems even more so when he stands beside his horse - he practiced to ride it as a knight, so it's a foregone conclusion that this is most of the time - with his lance in hand, resting against his shoulder and his shield on the other arm. However, most of the time he does not expose his race, choosing to wear silks and scarves from the desert that cover his entire body, with thin, reflective glasses over his eyes to conceal those too. However, when in combat, he rides in wearing leather studded with small steel bolts, brushing his headpiece back - seeing what appeared to be human switch into a reptilian, dragonborn creature is fairly intimidating, and Isaiah knows it.

Biography:
Isaiah lived deep in the desert under a citadel, living there with his family and looking out on the waste each day, all day, every day. He was trained to be a knight, and so he lived, by day climbing the sheer cliffs home to the silver dragons who watched over the desert and practicing his swordplay, eventually riding horses and ashworms up those same cliffs and practicing jousting and lancing. However, he is now on his mission of pilgrimage - a coming of age ceremony that requires him to journey across to a new desert, and bring back creatures of the waste to breed with those at home, while learning about the customs of other people and protecting the rights of the innocence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Class: Knight

Hit Points: 16 = 12 (knight) + 4 (Con)
Base Attack Bonus: +1
Armor Class: 17 = 10 + 2 (dex) + 2 (shield) + 3 (armor)
Additional +2 (dodge) vs those of the dragon type
Initiative: +2 = 2 (dex)
Saving Throws:
Fortitude:
4 = 0 (base) + 4 (con)
Reflex: 2 = 0 (base) + 2 (dex)
Will: 2 = 2 (base) + 0 (wis)

Class Features: (Only fill out for non-core classes.)
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: All Simple and Martial weapons, All armor, All shields (except tower)
Knight's Challenge 2.5/day: (swift action)
Fighting Challenge (target int 5+, CR level -2 or above): +1 on will saves, attack rolls, and damage rolls vs target; lasts 7 rounds. It can be re-targeted during a single encounter IF the first target runs away, surrenders, or dies.
Knight's Challenge (Violating loses one Challenge for the day, or -2 on attack rolls and saves if none are left): No flanking attack bonus (still grants flanking to allies); No striking a flat-footed opponent; No lethal damage vs a helpless foe.

Class Skills:
Climb +4 = 4 (str) + 0 (ranks)
Handle Animal +6 = 2 (cha) + 4 (ranks)
Intimidate +6 = 2 (cha) + 4 (ranks)
Jump +4 = 4 (str) + 0 (ranks) + 10 (wings)
Knowledge (Nobility) +2 = 2 (int) + 0 (ranks)
Ride +6 = 2 (dex) + 4 (ranks)
Swim +8 = 4 (str) + 4 (ranks)

Skills:
Listen 2 = 0 (wis) + 2 (dragonborn)
Spot 2 = 0 (wis) + 2 (dragonborn)
Search 4 = 2 (int) + 2 (dragon)

Spells: N/A

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feats:
Dragon Wings

Equipment:
00g Desert Outfit (free outfit, otherwise 6gp); 3lb
25g Studded Leather Armor; 3AC, 5dex, 1pen, 15%; 20lb
07g Heavy Wooden Shield; 2AC, 2pen, 15%; 10lb
06g Adventurers Kit: Backpack, Bedroll, Flint + Steel, Waterskin, 50ft Hemp Rope; 16lb
05g Signet Ring
10g Lance; 1d8 x3; piercing; 10lb
05g Greatclub; 1d10 x2; bludgeoning; 8lb
15g Longsword; 1d8 19-20/x2; slashing; 4lb
10g Riding Saddle; 25lb
04g Saddlebags; 8gp
01.5g Feed, 30days, 30lb
02g Bit and Bridle, 1lb
150g Warhorse, Light
15g Rations, Trail (30 days), 30lbs
Total
230g 5s; 201lb

Encumbrance: 52 (arms + armor, other on horse) lbs/100 lbs (light load), 200 lbs (medium load), 300 lbs (heavy load)

Money: 69g, 25sp, 0cp

How does it look?
Edit: Fixed the Silver total; I broke 2 gp to have some silver coins on hand. You don't want to be just tossing gold around in towns, that's how you get mugged.
Edit 2: Lowered Con and Dex from 16 start to 14 start in order to fix stat point error. Adjusted HP, Initiative, AC, Saves, and Skills to match.
Edit 3: Finished the Rite of Rebirth, and got mahself a HORSE.
Edit 4: Backstory
Edit 5: Dex and Fort adjusted, GOLD fixed, feat dropped, skill points fixed.
Edit 6: Initiative, food, languages, duplicity.
Last edited by The Inritus Extraho on Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
You can call me TIE. I'm not on much... so telegram me if you need something.
FanT Nation - FT w/o space.
I'm on CA time, so... pacific. UTC -8
I'm bi, not single, and really any pronoun works.
I'll check out RP's if you TG me about them.

Hamste
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hamste » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:46 am

Firstaria wrote:Craft trapmaking doesn't seem this great idea, I mean who we are gonna ambush with an half-giant whose hide skill is surely in another underground realm?

Well I am sure we can find some random thing that will make it easier to hide me(Though I am technically a medium creature with large creature bonuses so I don't have a negative hide check from my size modifier)...then again you could just stick me protecting all the animals we are bringing along and would have to be hidden also.

Aelosia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aelosia » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:55 am

Olthar wrote:
Aelosia wrote:There is Craft Trapmaking? That seems more like the "city hunter" kind of thing I was aiming for. In any case, I'll change that skill, I was not convinced.

Yes. There is, indeed, Craft (Trapmaking).

It's called "splitting the party." If we need to do something more stealth-based, we could just have the rogue go off on her own, or maybe have the bard join her.

I dropped the Craft thing altogether for more points in climbing/jumping, given the "agile skirmisher" thing I am planning to do.

And my plan is always having a decent distance of 15-20 feet respect the rest of the party, except in tight places.

Factbook so far.

Hamste
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hamste » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:06 am

So random question do we have anyone who has a ranged weapon? I have some money left so I might buy a long bow and some arrows (or maybe a crossbow)

Hamste
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hamste » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:07 am

Never mind I just looked at the accepted we already have two people with ranged

Aelosia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aelosia » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:09 am

Hamste wrote:So random question do we have anyone who has a ranged weapon? I have some money left so I might buy a long bow and some arrows (or maybe a crossbow)

I have a longbow for long range and darts for closer. Point blank shot and sneak attack. I plan to cover that role, pretty much. Frankly, don't expect me to engage a lot in close combat, because it won't happen.

If you want to get some range, just get a pair of javelins. It will go better with your setup.

EDIT: Until I get weapon finesse with the rapier, then I can engage something with some chance to hit something.
Last edited by Aelosia on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Factbook so far.

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:09 am

Agreed, leave the range to the second row, you are suppose to kill things with big club. :p

Hamste
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hamste » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:13 am

Firstaria wrote:Agreed, leave the range to the second row, you are suppose to kill things with big club. :p

Sure but if random people are charging us I would rather be able to help kill them before they get in range of my big club particulary if there is a lot of random low levels in there :)...though maybe the javelins if we have all the real long range we need. Time to look at ranged and thrown weapons and consider.

Hamste
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hamste » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:22 am

...Wait so a sling ways nothing and costs nothing but if I want 10 large sling bullets it weighs 10 pounds? What the heck these are not bullets these are boulders -_-

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse