NATION

PASSWORD

Operation Guillotine (closed, attn Excalibur Squadron)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:28 am

Page rushed over and separated Pat and Edward. He glared at Edward with eyes glittering with anger.
"Lieutenant Clarence, there was absolutely no call for that. You're entirely out of order. Seriously? Fighting, unprovoked, with your own squadron member all of a few hours after he got out of triage? You should be ashamed of yourself. Textbook definition of conduct unbecoming an officer. We'll talk about this later, believe you me."

Page returned to the lectern.

"However, this obviously dispiriting information was immediately followed by the news, also given to me by the PM, that 319 Squadron is to be reactivated immediately, as the first squadron attached to Churchill's new Special Operations Executive. This is an entirely new branch of the British military, dedicated specifically to implementing clandestine operations against the Axis. Our mission hasn't really changed at all - we've just been removed from the official RAF rosters, and moved to Churchill's personal command. Officially of course, we don't exist anymore - all the better for secrecy.

"This also means that we'll need to move airfields - Manston Heath is too high-profile an airfield for us now, and we'd just be taking up space that RAF combat squadrons could use. We'll soon be re-stationed to the official SOE headquarters/airfield, now under construction at a village called Tempsford, in Berkshire. It's brand new, deep in the heartland, far away from prying eyes. Besides, I understand that with the damage inflicted to the Red Lion, George is planning on relocating his business elsewhere. Perhaps we could convince him to come along and open a new pub there."

Page sighed.

"So, it sounded a bit worse than it was. And I know we're all kinda stressed out. But we can't afford to be throwing punches at each other. Ever. I thought I made that clear the last time.

"I don't know when we'll be ordered to move, but it'll likely be soon. So be ready. You men did good work out there. Don't piss all over it now."

Page folded up his dossier.
"Alright, dismissed for the day. Again, well done. And Commander, could I see you for a minute?"

As the men of the squadron left the briefing room, chatting about their plans, Noble hung back. She looked slightly nervous. Page motioned her over.
"No need to be scared, Commander, it's good news. You've heard you're officially a part of the squadron now, not just our...handler, for lack of a better word?"
She perked up immediately. "Oh, yes! Sorry, I thought I'd done something wrong. No, I've heard, and I'm glad for it. I'll miss London, but I think I can be of much more use here with you, actually doing frontline work."

"I'm very much inclined to agree. However, there's more to it than that. The SOE's offering you a position, Commander. Another transfer. You'll be commissioned as a Lieutenant, and be fully qualified for training as one of us, as an active member of the squadron. Combat flying training, commando training, etc... It's all wide open to you, if you want it. I know you already have some flight experience, so that'll speed things along considerably."

"Or, you could stay where you are - as a strict ground operative. Although if our future operations are anything like the last one, I think it couldn't hurt for you to have more training. It's your call."

Her eyes widened. "I...wow. I don't think I could turn that down. And you would train me?"
"Of course. You'd be the first woman in the history of the RAF to be a combat pilot. And I don't think there could be a better candidate."
She looked at her feet, a little red in the face. She slowly looked back up.
"It would be an honor, Captain."
Page grinned. "Then we'll start as soon as possible. Welcome to the squadron proper, Commander...or should I say Lieutenant now?"
"Oh, either works, really. Alix works fine too - first name basis with officers, and all that."
"I'll try to remember that, Alix. I promise."
When the war is over
Got to start again
Try to hold a trace of what it was back then
You and I we sent each other stories
Just a page I'm lost in all its glory
How can I go home and not get blown away

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:59 am

Pitié Hospital, Paris

The siren heralded the arrival of yet another ambulance bearing victims of the hotel fire. Its doors slammed open as the medic inside kicked them out, and jumped out after them. In his rush to unload the stretcher, the man jostled the badly burned patient, who cried out. The orderly from the neighboring Salpêtrière Neuropsychiatric Hospital cast a disapproving glance at the medic, and threw aside his cigarette.

"Let me take the other end," he said gruffly, not wanting to waste time provoking an argument. The two men swept inside and transferred him gently to a bed in the emergency ward, where a nurse came up and began taking down as much information as she could.

"No, mademoiselle, I don't know his name; he seemed quite delirious, drifted in and out of consciousness," said the medic. "I only caught him saying a few things - some random words about someone missing, and an American twin, and the clash of swords. Has quite the Anglo accent, though."
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Britcan
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Britcan » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:19 am

Matthias sighed with relief at the good news. "Could you begin with that next time?" He said, sounding relieved but somewhat annoyed. As he left the room he looked around at Page and Noble. He shook his head and muttered something in German before heading back to his quarters. As they were going to be moving out soon he decided he should start packing. He began to carefully place his personal belongings into a bag.

This nation should not be taken to be representative of my real-life views, nor should any of the nonsense I posted on here as a teenager.

Nijholtpade
Envoy

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nijholtpade » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:20 am

A-J walked into the briefing room but there was no one there. "Shit i forget time now i need to find my squadron". "Excuse me sir where can i find squadron 319?". "That one doesn't exist mate" he said with a heavy Scottish accent. "But there are rumors that they are now part of the SOE, but they must be around at this time so short after a briefing."

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:54 am

Edward walked to his room, and now packed up his belongings, which included guns, clothes, grenades, and well,......maps. He began to packed up more and more, but carefully, not conceal his stuffs to his squadron, especially Pat, Matthias, and Captain Page.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:16 am

Unknown Airport Location, France

Daniel was around a desk with his friends, deposing a dossier on the table with different military files in it, reporting the sigil of the Royal Air Force. The file was clearly named "319th Air Squadron 'Excalibur' ", and seemed stolen since it was now in the hands of the NOX.

" Member of the Private Squadron 'NOX', I present you who escaped from us at the airfield during the French assault of some hours ago. This is the 319th, codename 'Excalibur', recently removed from service but we can all easily presume they have been moved to some secret organization, since I know English people and they would not be so stupid to dismiss those who managed to destroy the Graf Spee all alone. So there are likely the last information we are gonna have for a while. " He said, looking at Alex and Robert, uneasy with the files they were consulting.

Daniel then added " I don't like shooting at them as you do too, Fidchell and Tarvos...but we decided it long ago, we have choose to sell our souls for a good reason and asking it back will only make things worse at this point. Although our pact changed. "

" WHAT? " Said Hector, surprised by this news as everyone else. Daniel raised one of the pages of the dossier, and pointed at the men they were about to shot down at the Airfield " Captain Robert Page. Tag 'Sword 1; Tiger'. The Fuhrer main command wants his head and the rest of the squadron down. We do this, we are free to live back in Italy like nothing happened. "

" Under the Flag of Mussolini and the traitor! " Rik said, clearly angered. " We shouldn't do this, we should really side with them. " Daniel slammed down his hand and looked at everyone. They knew the cost, they knew what to do. They knew of all of them Daniel was the first that wanted to shoot the Luftwaffe more than the RAF, but they had no choice in their conditions.

They all nodded, then Sarah said " It will be ace versus ace, the Mercury lineage versus one of the best pilots of the RAF. It will not be easy...but we will win, right? " and Daniel smiled and said " Of course, I don't want to lose anyone in this war, no matter how big it is! DARK WINGS, READY TO FLY! "

And the others answered together "DARK WINGS, READY TO FLY!"
OVERLORD Daniel Mercury of Firstaria
Original Author of SC #5 and SC #30

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:38 am

About 2 miles outside Mers-el-Kebir port, Algeria
1750 Hours
July 3rd, 1940
Aboard HMS
Hood

In the fading light of the North African evening, one could discern a singular sight. A mass of warships had descended on the entrance to the port of Mers-el-Kebir, their guns trained on the entrance. These ships varied in size, from small destroyers on the outskirts to hulking battleships in the center. In the middle of it all lay the battlecruiser Hood, the flagship of this war fleet, commanded by Admiral James Sommerville. The group as a whole was known as Force H.

Aboard the Hood, Sommerville paced nervously. The fleet had been parked outside the port for the entire day now, enmeshed in negotiations with the French fleet visibly moored within. Inside were four French battleships, the Bretagne, Courbet, Paris, and Strasbourg - the bulk of the entire French Navy's combat strength, as well as a swarm of smaller ships.

The terms were reasonable - the British could not allow the French fleet to be handed over to the Germans. Even though the ships were now out of the direct reach of the German occupiers, they still had to be neutralized. The British government, through Sommerville, had offered them several choices. The French could simply agree to join the British ships right now and keep fighting the Nazis. The French could agree to sail the ships to England, leave them there, and then be repatriated back to France (little chance of that). They could sail to some other obscure French port and demilitarize themselves there. Or, they could be handed over to a neutral country, such as the United States, for the duration of the war.

If none of those options were agreed to...then Sommerville would have no choice. They would open fire, and aim to destroy as much of the French fleet as they could. They had given the French six hours to decide. It was now approaching the end of their allotted time.
"Sir, message coming through. From Admiral Gensoul."
Sommerville turned to face his radioman, who tore off a message from the French Admiral in charge of the port and fleet, and handed it over to him. Sommerville began reading it.
My dear Admiral,
Really, your government's mistrust is entirely unjustified. I must restate my position - under no circumstances can I give up the fleet. If the Germans come, we will destroy the ships with all speed, and the Germans will be left empty-handed...

Sommerville's eyes glazed over, and he realized his hand was trembling. This was it. This was their last chance, and that fool refused to see it. Couldn't he understand that they COULDN'T just take that for granted? After all the blitzkriegs the French went through, they still thought they could beat the Germans in a contest of speed to the target?

"Sir, another message coming in. From the Ark Royal. One of their recon sorties was fired upon by French planes. They lost one of their fighters, sir - shot down."

Sommerville crumpled the note. All that effort...wasted. But the attack simplified things.
He straightened up, pulled his admiral's jacket down officiously, looked out onto the port, and made the fateful order:

"Open up the channel to Force H. Tell them that they are to fire at will at the French fleet...until they surrender, or there is nothing left."
He sighed.
"God have mercy on us."

END
Last edited by The Tiger Kingdom on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
When the war is over
Got to start again
Try to hold a trace of what it was back then
You and I we sent each other stories
Just a page I'm lost in all its glory
How can I go home and not get blown away

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse