NATION

PASSWORD

Exploration of the Multiverse (sign-up/interest; open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Frigola
Envoy

Founded: Aug 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Exploration of the Multiverse (sign-up/interest; open)

Postby Frigola » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:37 am

Introduction

In an attempt to fully understand the extent of the multiverse, an eclectic group of people have gathered to explore the mysteries of the universes. Using the facilities established by the International Organisation of Trans-Universe and Inter-Dimensional Cooperation (IOUDC), this band of rugged explorers and brave adventurers, will travel across the boundaries of space, beyond the limits of their universe. In a voyage never undertaken by a living being, no one knows what they will find. They know but one thing: it is possible.

"... to boldly go where no man has gone before"

[more on that later]

Backstory

now for some explaining; the premise is as follows: a group of people aim to travel to various different (parallel) universes and dimensions using advanced technology in the possession of the IOUDC. Sanctioned by the IOUDC's scientific branch, they are bringing scientific instruments with them and some members of the team are scientists. Up until the expedition, there has been little contact with the various other universes/dimensions since their discovery, 10 years previous. Mainly due to a general concern for safety and lack of knowledge about the effects of travel between universes. Thanks to some probes sent into the other universes and dimensions, some things have come to be known about some of the universes and several civilisations have been discovered. Communication, as mentioned, is limited and no inter-universe communication is possible via the now prevalent means of radio or waves of any kind. The team has been partially selected (based on skills) and partially opened to volunteers (that were screened for endurance and loyalty)

Character creation

As the expedition is starting in our universe, the possible starting races are limited to those already present in our universe, which is only normal. However, as it's very possible that some members of the expedition will die along the perilous voyage, you may change characters later on in the RP and I will update this list as the story continues, please TG me first though. FYI, androids are mostly built by the military and are not (yet) prevalent on Earth; same with cybernetic implants: only the rich and military would have it. This means I won't accept more than two or three of each, on a first come, first served basis. And believe me, humans are not totally disadvantaged vis-à-vis the robots, not once they leave earth, at any rate ;) Where necessary, I'll fill in parts of the team with NPCs.

- List of current available races:

human
android
cyborg (human with cybernetic implants)

- Team sections:

security
science
engineering/technical
logistics
exploratory

name:
bio:
profession:
team section:
misc/notes:
equipment:
RP sample (mainly to get an idea of what you can do):

(Parallel) universes and dimensions

The other universes/dimensions that the group will visit will be inhabited by different races/civilisations depending on the type. Parallel universes will be Earth-like planets with primarily alternative history to our own (e.g. Dinotopia, Steampunk, etc...). Other universes will be different in more ways from our own: such as different laws of nature, magic, mythological creatures, etc... Finally dimensions will be even more extreme, ranging from places like "Flatland" to 4+ dimensional universes.

List of existing fictional works that may be used (this list is open to expansion, suggestions welcome):

Classical mythology
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia

Rules:

- usual forum rules, of course
- my word, and that of any co-OP, is final
- have fun

position: Expedition Commander
name: Mariska
race: human
appearance (preferably pic):

bio: from a family of Geordie farmers, there was some surprise when she joined the British army at 18. Joined the special forces at 22 and was part of the first all-female SAS troop two years later. She reached the rank of captain at 30. Also surprising to many was the choice of the IOUDC to appoint an SAS captain as commander of a science expedition.
profession: Captain, 4th troop, F Squadron, Special Air Service.
team section: executive
misc/notes:
equipment: FN SCAR, body armour, Glock 19

Once you're accepted, you'll be given a rank/position and preparatory tasks for when the IC is up (which'll be when there are at least 4 sign-ups)
Last edited by Frigola on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exploration OOC/Sign-up
Mavorpen wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I read this as, "...then went over to Ivy's body and squeezed her breast."

"...then he went over to Ivy's body and jumped in front of a lightning-bolt."

Frigola
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Frigola » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:48 am

-reserved-
Exploration OOC/Sign-up
Mavorpen wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I read this as, "...then went over to Ivy's body and squeezed her breast."

Frigola
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Frigola » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:48 am

-reserved-
Exploration OOC/Sign-up
Mavorpen wrote:

Frigola
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Frigola » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:48 am

-reserved-
Exploration OOC/Sign-up
Mavorpen wrote:

Return to Portal to the Multiverse