NATION

PASSWORD

International Epic Rap Battle League (OOC/Full)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:25 pm

Walking around town is getting to my head.

But I can tell you one thing: I have some rockin' thighs though.

Boriem
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Boriem » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:27 pm

I think I'm slowly getting better at rapping... I hope.

Republic Of Hell
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic Of Hell » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:38 pm

Guys, please go ahead and post your raps soon if you haven't. Pleeeeeasseeee?

--

Okay, I've been wanting do to this for a while, so I might as well say it.

Instead of making Round 4 a normal round, what we will do is something like this: Me and another person (probably Neros) will be judges over a single-elimination tourney consisting of the rest of the IERBL. We will also have our own VS match, and the winner of that faces the winner of the rest of the tourney. This tourney wouldn't use characters, just straight up text raps.

Of course, if you guys have a better format idea, post it. I want a way for all 10 of us to be in the tourney and do voting normally. I just don't know how without taking for [m'kay] ever, lol.

--

In other news.
Last edited by Republic Of Hell on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Economic Left/Right: 9.45
Social Authoritarian/Libertarian: 8.78
Foreign Policy Non-Interventionist/Neo-Conservative: -2.03
Cultural Liberal/Conservative: -4.68

I am an Anarcho-Capitalist.

Don't believe it when they say they're trying to save us. Why would they bother? They've got exactly what they want exactly where they want it.

Jolleus
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jolleus » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:05 pm

Republic Of Hell wrote:Guys, please go ahead and post your raps soon if you haven't. Pleeeeeasseeee?

--

Instead of making Round 4 a normal round, what we will do is something like this: Me and another person (probably Neros) will be judges over a single-elimination tourney consisting of the rest of the IERBL. We will also have our own VS match, and the winner of that faces the winner of the rest of the tourney. This tourney wouldn't use characters, just straight up text raps.

Of course, if you guys have a better format idea, post it. I want a way for all 10 of us to be in the tourney and do voting normally. I just don't know how without taking for [m'kay] ever, lol.

--

In other news.

So... we would be rapping as ourselves? I strongly disagree with this idea. We should use characters. The tourney format sounds fine to me, but if I have to go up against a fellow NS player who I know absolutely nothing about, rather than a character with a full reference article, I'll forfeit right then and there. Unless all of my potential opponents write autobiographies (which I certainly won't do) that I can use when writing material for the battles, count me out. Face it, a diss-fest is no fun when you don't have the materials available to move past generic insults about mothers and bad breath. I suggest you have each player choose his/her star character and rap as that character for the tourney.
Proud creator of the Tiger Pit RP franchise.
Tiger Pit Arena
Tiger Pit: New Blood

Generation 31 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

Republic Of Hell
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic Of Hell » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:08 pm

Jolleus wrote:
Republic Of Hell wrote:Guys, please go ahead and post your raps soon if you haven't. Pleeeeeasseeee?

--

--

In other news.

So... we would be rapping as ourselves? I strongly disagree with this idea. We should use characters. The tourney format sounds fine to me, but if I have to go up against a fellow NS player who I know absolutely nothing about, rather than a character with a full reference article, I'll forfeit right then and there. Unless all of my potential opponents write autobiographies (which I certainly won't do) that I can use when writing material for the battles, count me out. Face it, a diss-fest is no fun when you don't have the materials available to move past generic insults about mothers and bad breath. I suggest you have each player choose his/her star character and rap as that character for the tourney.

You have a point here... I suppose it's just my thing for IRL battles creeping in, where you can insult the guy based on his stupid dress choices and such. Neros suggested the choose your champion thing too, so I guess I'll go that route.

Don't believe it when they say they're trying to save us. Why would they bother? They've got exactly what they want exactly where they want it.

Jolleus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jolleus » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:08 pm

Thanks. Don't get me wrong, it would be totes fun if everyone in the league had been RP'ing together for a long time and knew each other. As it is, champions is certainly the best choice.

My champion for the tournament is Spider-Man.
Tiger Pit Arena

Generation 31 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

Republic Of Hell
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic Of Hell » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:16 pm

I was gonna change chars for fiction next time. I'll get around to updating in a bit, but for now, consider my champion to be Jim Raynor.

In other news, plz post wraps if u havent k *looks at crumlark*

Crumlark
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Crumlark » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:36 pm

Republic Of Hell wrote:I was gonna change chars for fiction next time. I'll get around to updating in a bit, but for now, consider my champion to be Jim Raynor.

I already said it before, and I will say it again, I want the last word. I thought Ranbo would be more... aware I said that.
Anarchist. I'm dating TotallyNotEvilLand, and I love him. I am made whole.

Melly, merely living, surviving, is to suffer. You must fill your life with more to be happy.
Liberate Mallorea and Riva!

Republic Of Hell
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic Of Hell » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:53 pm

:( bad ranbo *hits ranbo with rolled up newspaper*

………………_„-,-~''~''':::'':::':::::''::::''…
………._,-'':::::::::::::::::::::::::::::…
………..,-'::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::…
………,-'::::::::::::„:„„-~-~--'~-'~--~-~…
……..,'::::::::::,~'': : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : '-|
……..|::::::::,-': : : : : : : : - -~''''¯¯''-„: : : : :\
……..|::::::::|: : : : : : : : : _„„--~'''''~-„: : : : '|
……..'|:::::::,': : : : : : :_„„-: : : : : : : : ~--„_: |'
………|::::::|: : : „--~~'''~~''''''''-„…_..„~''''''''''''¯|
………|:::::,':_„„-|: : :_„---~: : :|''¯¯''''|: ~---„_: ||
……..,~-,_/'': : : |: : _ o__): : |: : : :|:(_o__): \..|
……../,'-,: : : : : ''-,_______,-'': : : : ''-„_____|
……..\: :|: : : : : : : : : : : : : :„: : : : :-,: : : : : : : :\
………',:': : : : : : : : : : : : :,-'__: : : :_',: : : : ;: ,'
……….'-,-': : : : : :___„-: : :'': : ¯''~~'': ': : ~--|'
………….|: ,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :: : :|
………….'|: \: : : : : : : : -,„_„„-~~--~--„_: :: |
…………..|: \: : : : : : : : : : : :-------~: : : : : |
…………..|: :''-,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :|
…………..',: : :''-, : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :: ,'
……………| : : : : : : : : :_ : : : : : : : : : : ,-'
……………|: : : : : : : : : : '''~----------~''
…………._|: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :|
……….„-''. '-,_: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : ,'
……,-''. . . . . '''~-„_: : : : : : : : : : : : :,-'''-„
Last edited by Republic Of Hell on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jolleus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jolleus » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:09 pm

Crumlark wrote:
Republic Of Hell wrote:I was gonna change chars for fiction next time. I'll get around to updating in a bit, but for now, consider my champion to be Jim Raynor.

I already said it before, and I will say it again, I want the last word. I thought Ranbo would be more... aware I said that.

You're obviously more active on NS than Ranbo, so why not go ahead and post the rap? If I had my way, I'd get the last word every time, but you don't see me complaining that the other person won't post first. In other words, you're just as responsible for starting the battle as Ranbo is.
Tiger Pit Arena

Crumlark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Crumlark » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Jolleus wrote:
Crumlark wrote:I already said it before, and I will say it again, I want the last word. I thought Ranbo would be more... aware I said that.

You're obviously more active on NS than Ranbo, so why not go ahead and post the rap? If I had my way, I'd get the last word every time, but you don't see me complaining that the other person won't post first. In other words, you're just as responsible for starting the battle as Ranbo is.

Oh. First word is just as good too... but I am better at dissing the disses, if you know what I am saying. Tom Fulp doesn't have much material to him...

Melly, merely living, surviving, is to suffer. You must fill your life with more to be happy.

Ranbo
Minister

Founded: Aug 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ranbo » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:48 pm

Crumlark wrote:
Jolleus wrote:

Oh. First word is just as good too... but I am better at dissing the disses, if you know what I am saying. Tom Fulp doesn't have much material to him...

Well, shoot. I'm trying as heck hard as I can, but IRL business keeps popping up. It was the first week of school, and the teachers went full force on me. It's the weekend now, so I'll get it done.

I swear on my life. There.
Last Edited by Charlie at 4:00 Oogle Time, 1,000,000 times in total

I am from the States of America. I dropped the United a hell of a while ago.
Bhastion Brews. For the coffee lover in you.

Jenrak, kick cancer in the face. We're all proud of your courage.

Jolleus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jolleus » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:19 pm

Crumlark wrote:
Jolleus wrote:

I guess you've got a point about Tom Fulp. *shrugs*
Tiger Pit Arena

Ranbo
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ranbo » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:41 am

I've got Cavendish's up. Let's do this.

Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:41 am

I like the All-Stars/Champion League. It just seems better to use the characters that we're used to and have a competitive tournament to see who's top dog.

I'll talk some more with RoH to get the idea refined and present it to you guys for approval.

Papalith needs to post his last rap. :|

Crumlark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Crumlark » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:47 am

I need to post my first rap. I suck.

:/

Armageddon Steel Legion
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Armageddon Steel Legion » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:48 pm

*Has no flow
I am FEMALE.

Please refer to me as Nightingalia not Armageddon.

Jolleus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jolleus » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Sherlock Holmes plays the race card, is proud of smoking opium, and has iffy flow.

I vote for Morgan Freeman.

Alyekra, that was just plain awesome. Iron Man is my second-favorite super-hero, and I hate Batman with a vengeance, but I have to admit that your raps were epic.

I vote for Batman.
Tiger Pit Arena

Boriem
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Boriem » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:47 pm

Jolleus wrote:Sherlock Holmes plays the race card, is proud of smoking opium, and has iffy flow.

I vote for Morgan Freeman.

Alyekra, that was just plain awesome. Iron Man is my second-favorite super-hero, and I hate Batman with a vengeance, but I have to admit that your raps were epic.

I vote for Batman.

I don't know, I like my raps for Holmes. Especially considering it's my second time rapping ever.

Ranbo
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ranbo » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:56 pm

For all the crap that everyone egged on me to post, I'm sitting on lonely ground right now.

Inoroth
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 19, 2012
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Inoroth » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:33 pm

Consider this my weekly post.

Come on guys, My and Jollus were done like a week ago!
Life is what you make it -- I made it into a peach cobbler
cosmopolitan/nationalistic: 4%
secular/religious: 63%
visionary/reactionary: 39%
anarchistc/authoritarian: 25%
communistic/capitalistic: 37%
pacifistic/militaristic: 48%
ecological.anthropological: 66%
I am apperantly a Neo-Conservative... who knew?

Inoroth's Military Here.
Nations Represented By This Account: Inoroth, New Inorothian Space Empire,

Inoroth's Factbook Here

"A fool's words cut down friends on the eve of battle" - Vinchero

Republic Of Hell
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic Of Hell » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:38 pm

[m'kay] it, Crumlark. >_>

Crumlark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Crumlark » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:08 am

Republic Of Hell wrote:[m'kay] it, Crumlark. >_>

I was grounded yesterday. Expect a rap within the hour.

Alyekra
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alyekra » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:40 am

Jolleus wrote:Alyekra, that was just plain awesome. Iron Man is my second-favorite super-hero, and I hate Batman with a vengeance, but I have to admit that your raps were epic.

I vote for Batman.

I'm really not impressed with Sherlock's or Freeman's rap, but I'll go with freeman by virtue of him not having made a dick joke.

I vote Freeman.
(FOR LEGAL REASONS, THAT'S A JOKE)

65 dkp

Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:13 am

*sits and waits for others to finish...*

:?

PreviousNext

Advertisement