NATION

PASSWORD

The Walking Dead RP [OOC][OPEN, EP. 4 STARTED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:38 pm

Mon - I already said I was going to post once you said you were done. That'll be sometime today.

Khelshar and Dilange - Are you taking Thomas and Chris out of the picture? Don't forget Scott still has Chris investigating the Watchers' inside man.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Khelshar
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Khelshar » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:40 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:Mon - I already said I was going to post once you said you were done. That'll be sometime today.

Khelshar and Dilange - Are you taking Thomas and Chris out of the picture? Don't forget Scott still has Chris investigating the Watchers' inside man.

Hell no, i'm just making a new character.
Nation under re-construction

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:41 pm

Khelshar wrote:Hell no, i'm just making a new character.

Get me the list of characters and I'll see.
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Dilange
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dilange » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:13 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:Mon - I already said I was going to post once you said you were done. That'll be sometime today.

No, I only have Chris. Yoni died(which wasnt my fault but meh).
Last edited by Dilange on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:14 pm

Yeah, OK, fair enough.

Holiday allowance for inactive players, but after I get back to the U.S., activity review. Warning #1!
mumblemumblemumble

Dilange
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dilange » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:17 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:Yeah, OK, fair enough.

Holiday allowance for inactive players, but after I get back to the U.S., activity review. Warning #1!

WE NEED MOAR JEWS.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:20 pm

Dilange wrote:

WE NEED MOAR JEWS.

And penguins.
mumblemumblemumble

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:22 pm

Also, let me know when the main group (not Scott, Shelton and Taylor and/or Yussef, Andrew and Johnny) are done with the cleaning up thing. I want to make them daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaance.
mumblemumblemumble

SSTxReaper
Minister

Founded: Nov 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SSTxReaper » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:24 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:Also, let me know when the main group (not Scott, Shelton and Taylor and/or Yussef, Andrew and Johnny) are done with the cleaning up thing. I want to make them daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaance.

Well maybe if Gabrielle got her lazy ass over here to help clean up then, it go much faster.
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."-J. Robert Oppenheimer

"Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war."-Donald Trump

"Leadership cannot really be taught. It can only be learned."-Harold S. Geneen

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards "-Albert Einstein

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:27 pm

SSTxReaper wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:Also, let me know when the main group (not Scott, Shelton and Taylor and/or Yussef, Andrew and Johnny) are done with the cleaning up thing. I want to make them daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaance.

Well maybe if Gabrielle got her lazy ass over here to help clean up then, it go much faster.

Speaking as someone who has done that, how many people does it take to clean someone up? Not more than 2. And I would make her, if I weren't busy.
mumblemumblemumble

Tlaceceyaya
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tlaceceyaya » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:42 pm

I haven't made many posts recently because I didn't expect that literally nothing would happen with most of the convoy, so I had Finn sit down and wait for the bus to start moving. I have a tendency to skim over walls of text, so if anything has actually happened regarding the bus and I missed it, my mistake. If not, then me not making any mosts is simply due to the fact that there is nothing to make a post about.
Economic Left/Right -9.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -8.87
Also, Bonobos.

Dimitri Tsafendas wrote:You are guilty not only when you commit a crime, but also when you do nothing to prevent it when you have the chance.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:51 pm

Tlaceceyaya wrote:

I haven't made many posts recently because I didn't expect that literally nothing would happen with most of the convoy, so I had Finn sit down and wait for the bus to start moving. I have a tendency to skim over walls of text, so if anything has actually happened regarding the bus and I missed it, my mistake. If not, then me not making any mosts is simply due to the fact that there is nothing to make a post about.

Yeah. We've all been busy. I'll post today, soon. Promise.
mumblemumblemumble

Virenna
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Virenna » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:00 pm

Phonencia wrote:
Khelshar wrote:http://www.yr.no/sted/USA/Michigan/

This is not how "cold" it usually is? How cold is the useall Michigan winter?

The usual Michigan winter (at least this year) is too cold and snowy to be traveling and/or fighting in.
The group should relocate to the Captain's compound in Tennessee.

I think Tennessee is too far for the group to realistically get to, with all the walkers plus other obstacles along the way. I mean the group in the show hasn't even been out of Georgia yet. Long distance travel is hard as hell in a zombie apocalypse :p . Also, if we took the plane, I think it would be too much of a cop-out you know? It's seems like the RP would end up "they all make it to Tennessee and live happily ever after yay!" Plus it could be a seen as a bit of a power grab on Shelton's part :p
FLAG

"Iron hand in a velvet glove."
-Charles V

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:05 pm

Not going to be able to post for three days, starting tomorrow. Behave, don't try to OOCly murder each other, yadda yadda yadda, I'll be getting updates on my phone.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:34 am

Khelshar wrote:
Sulamalik wrote:
The problem with the compound idea is that it robs much of the conflict from the story in favour of wish fulfilment. The Walking Dead is about how regular people struggle to survive in a world that's only getting worse and probably will stay that way. There's no military or government to wisk people away and solve everyone's problems, it's all about survivial, and the lengths people will go to achieve that, even at the cost of their humanity.

This is why I'm a big supporter of the group heading south on foot, the danger and lack of resources becomes an even bigger factor as the snow begins to pile up. It makes for the RP to be more interesting, and therefore, longer lasting.

I'm also gonna ^^this this. I think there has already been enough easy life and military. I understand that military personnel will have a higher chance of survival because of their skills, but i think they make up kinda to much of the group. There has been alot of smooth sailing. Now it seems like finaly shits going to hell, and it should stay that way. But if we go to that compound and surive there, what will then happen? Then Episode 2 will happen again. Not that it was bad or anything, but i think we don't need an entire episode about safety again. We need to be moving. Like if the cars break down. As i said, lets go far. Tennessee isnt that far. If we get a goal that can help us in long terms, but not immedality, like Dakota, i think that will be the best. Not many live there, but it will still be challenging, with nature and everything it got, and eventual hoards of zombies passing by.

I laugh at your shortsightedness.

We'd first have to clear out the airfield (there'd be a horde there when we returned) like at the beginning of Season 3 with the prison. THEN we'd all pile into a plane together and try to fly to Tennessee but crash in the smoky mountains and then we'd spend that episode hiking through zombie infested mountains trying to reach safety. Then in the next episode we travel some more through less rural parts of Tennessee until we finally reach The Compound. Then in the next episode we all try to adjust to peaceful life in the compound (maybe a few people get uppity and try to lead coups or whatever against Shelton because he's a ruthless enforcer of the law and kind of scary, maybe Scott gets disgruntled because he's not in charge anymore, maybe the group doesn't get along well with Shelton's)
and we all have to go through some shit to keep the compound functioning (scavenging supplies as well as stopping rebellions and the like)
then in the episode after that the compound could get attacked OR we could all get seperated from the compound for whatever reason and have to fight our way back where we find out about a large safe zone in the Rocky Mountains or wherever and in the next episode we try to get there but end up having to walk across several states or whatever.

Boom. Fly to Tennessee and we've got plots for like, five more episodes.

Virenna wrote:
Phonencia wrote:
The usual Michigan winter (at least this year) is too cold and snowy to be traveling and/or fighting in.
The group should relocate to the Captain's compound in Tennessee.

I think Tennessee is too far for the group to realistically get to, with all the walkers plus other obstacles along the way. I mean the group in the show hasn't even been out of Georgia yet. Long distance travel is hard as hell in a zombie apocalypse :p . Also, if we took the plane, I think it would be too much of a cop-out you know? It's seems like the RP would end up "they all make it to Tennessee and live happily ever
after yay!" Plus it could be a seen as a bit of a power grab on Shelton's part :p

see above and @ bolded,
now you get it! DRAMA!
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Every part encouraged by the other
No one independent of another
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

Khelshar
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Khelshar » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:33 am

So, was the apps accepted?
Nation under re-construction

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:40 am

Khelshar wrote:

So, was the apps accepted?

Your Magic 8-Penguin says all signs point to yes.
mumblemumblemumble

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:29 pm

Why don't we go to North Carolina, because...how should I put this? It's better than Tennessee.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Dimoniquid
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 10, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dimoniquid » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:30 pm

Cylarn wrote:Why don't we go to North Carolina, because...how should I put this? It's better than Tennessee.

Let's go to the Grand Canyon! I've always wanted to go, but I live in England... :oops:

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:08 pm

Cylarn wrote:Why don't we go to North Carolina, because...how should I put this? It's better than Tennessee.

Because Shelton already has a virtual mini-fortress in Tennessee AND the Cumberland Plateu (where his compound is located) has been called the "Redoubt of the East" be survivalists/doomsday preppers due to its small population, distance from large cities and roads, amount of game, number of armed citizens, and number of self sufficient people living there. MOST experts on the subject of surviving long term disasters like an EMP, nuclear war, financial collapse or zombiegeddon all agree that the West Coast and/or Mid-West is best for it (because of their VERY small population compared to east coast, huge number of self sufficient people, huge number of farms and huge number of armed citizens and game) the Cumberland Plateu of Tennessee is one of the few places on the East Coast that also has these qualities and because of this, Capt. Shelton's compound is located there, in a rural area surrounded by fish, game, water and very few zombies. Shelton has no idea if the Cooridnator in North Carolina is still alive or not. He was GOING to find out but SOMEONE kidnapped his girlfriend *glares at Stannelson's fictitious corpse*
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

Dimoniquid
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dimoniquid » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:10 pm

Fictional girlfriend. Don't get too carried away with this, Pho. I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE LIKE, GODRAMMIT

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:11 pm

There are some camps of Allison's people in Michigan. Specifically three.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:13 pm

Phonencia wrote:

Because Shelton already has a virtual mini-fortress in Tennessee AND the Cumberland Plateu (where his compound is located) has been called the "Redoubt of the East" be survivalists/doomsday preppers due to its small population, distance from large cities and roads, amount of game, number of armed citizens, and number of self sufficient people living there. MOST experts on the subject of surviving long term disasters like an EMP, nuclear war, financial collapse or zombiegeddon all agree that the West Coast and/or Mid-West is best for it (because of their VERY small population compared to east coast, huge number of self sufficient people, huge number of farms and huge number of armed citizens and game) the Cumberland Plateu of Tennessee is one of the few places on the East Coast that also has these qualities and because of this, Capt. Shelton's compound is located there, in a rural area surrounded by fish, game, water and very few zombies. Shelton has no idea if the Cooridnator in North Carolina is still alive or not. He was GOING to find out but SOMEONE kidnapped his girlfriend *glares at Stannelson's fictitious corpse*

Scott doesn't need your Coordinators. NC is too awesome for Coordinators, so I say we hole up in the Outer Banks.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Dimoniquid
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dimoniquid » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:14 pm

I SAY WE GO TO ENGLAND, AND FIGHT 28 DAYS LATER STYLE.

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:21 pm

Dimoniquid wrote:Fictional girlfriend. Don't get too carried away with this, Pho. I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE LIKE, GODRAMMIT

First off it's Phonz or Phonzie (or Phoenix)
Second, I'm not getting carried away. Capt. Shelton is fictitious character that just happens to be named after me and is based loosely off two other fictitious characters, each of which may or may not be based in part off of their creators. This roleplay is totally not some creepy wish-fulfillment thing for me...At all. Seriously. :blush: *fights a giggle at blatant lie*

Dimoniquid wrote:I SAY WE GO TO ENGLAND, AND FIGHT 28 DAYS LATER STYLE.

Because that worked out SO well for them...

Cylarn wrote:Scott doesn't need your Coordinators. NC is too awesome for Coordinators, so I say we hole up in the Outer Banks.

Coordinators are the only force in the post-apocalypse world with access to fortified compounds, large amounts of weapons, ammo, clothing, food, water, fuel and medical supplies as well as special forces training and equipment AND leadership abilities. and contact with a possible government safezone around the rocky mountains but whatever
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse