NATION

PASSWORD

The Walking Dead RP [OOC][OPEN, EP. 4 STARTED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:42 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Sentinel XV wrote:Not sure if I understand this reference.

I was about to say something, and then was like 'yeah, no'.

C'mon Mon.
Police gear, gun attachments, a book written by a pastor, and a box of Russian bullets? That's pretty stereotypical of a "Southern 'Murikaan". :p
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:48 pm

Camicon wrote:
Monfrox wrote:I was about to say something, and then was like 'yeah, no'.

C'mon Mon.
Police gear, gun attachments, a book written by a pastor, and a box of Russian bullets? That's pretty stereotypical of a "Southern 'Murikaan". :p

No, I am all for that, I was talking about paintball.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Sentinel XV
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:53 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Camicon wrote:C'mon Mon.

No, I am all for that, I was talking about paintball.

What about it?
‹ all genius is a conquering of chaos and mystery

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:55 pm

Sentinel XV wrote:
Monfrox wrote:No, I am all for that, I was talking about paintball.

What about it?

Nothing. I'm more partial to airsoft. Mainly because people that like paintball around here are complete douchebags to us Airsofters.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:00 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Sentinel XV wrote:What about it?

Nothing. I'm more partial to airsoft. Mainly because people that like paintball around here are complete douchebags to us Airsofters.

Meh, that happens a lot, mainly because the airsoft crowd can be complete douchenozzles as well.

The one thing I don't like about Airsoft is the honor system. Too finicky and too easy to pretend you weren't hit. Also, I find that Airsoft is filled with (not as a general rule, but from my experience being around it) people who have either a tendency to be pretentious to people who play paintball and/or newbies, or military wanna-be's who think that they know everything about the armed forces, think that airsoft is the military, and place way too much emphasis on being "tacticool". That's just my $0.02.
Last edited by Sentinel XV on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:06 pm

Sentinel XV wrote:
Monfrox wrote:Nothing. I'm more partial to airsoft. Mainly because people that like paintball around here are complete douchebags to us Airsofters.

Meh, that happens a lot, mainly because the airsoft crowd can be complete douchenozzles as well.

The one thing I don't like about Airsoft is the honor system. Too finicky and too easy to pretend you weren't hit. Also, I find that Airsoft is filled with (not as a general rule, but from my experience being around it) people who have either a tendency to be pretentious to people who play paintball and/or newbies, or military wanna-be's who think that they know everything about the armed forces, think that airsoft is the military, and place way too much emphasis on being "tacticool". That's just my $0.02.

Well the paintball people around here like to get drunk and shit, and they always take jabs and poke fun saying 'airsoft is for fags' when we're playing, but our own community has problems as well. It is based on honor, until the point where we had people get hit and both of them knew it, but they wouldn't call themselves out and so it was just fucked. I like it because I can run around in the forest with an M16A4 with a sniper's scope on it instead of what looks like a really crude welding project.

Achievement

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:16 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Sentinel XV wrote:

Well the paintball people around here like to get drunk and shit, and they always take jabs and poke fun saying 'airsoft is for fags' when we're playing, but our own community has problems as well. It is based on honor, until the point where we had people get hit and both of them knew it, but they wouldn't call themselves out and so it was just fucked. I like it because I can run around in the forest with an M16A4 with a sniper's scope on it instead of what looks like a really crude welding project.

There's actually a growing market for milsim, replica paintball guns. Check out the Tipmmann Project Salvo, the Etha EMC, the Rap4, the Spyder Hammer7, etc.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:49 pm

Sentinel XV wrote:
Monfrox wrote:Well the paintball people around here like to get drunk and shit, and they always take jabs and poke fun saying 'airsoft is for fags' when we're playing, but our own community has problems as well. It is based on honor, until the point where we had people get hit and both of them knew it, but they wouldn't call themselves out and so it was just fucked. I like it because I can run around in the forest with an M16A4 with a sniper's scope on it instead of what looks like a really crude welding project.

There's actually a growing market for milsim, replica paintball guns. Check out the Tipmmann Project Salvo, the Etha EMC, the Rap4, the Spyder Hammer7, etc.

Eh, I'll stick with my airsoft for now. Plus it'll be good for my S.T.A.L.K.E.R. cosplay.

Achievement

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:01 pm

Sulamalik wrote:
Khelshar wrote:Why are you people gifted with weapons on Christmas? If that happened here, i guess i would be arrested...

Nothing says peace on earth and goodwill to all men like a Kalashnikov.

My AK-74 is Bulgarian (kinda') so I named her Aleksandrina. The pet form of Aleksandra which comes from Aleksander which means "Defender of Mankind" so my rifle's name essentially translates into "Defender of Mankind"

Camicon wrote:
Khelshar wrote:Why are you people gifted with weapons on Christmas? If that happened here, i guess i would be arrested...

Because 'Murika! Fuck yeah!
(Sorry to all you "Murikaans") :p

Don't be. I use that as a legit explanation for things IRL. It's a decent explanation actually.
"Why?
"Because 'Merica!"
Translation, because this is America and we're blessed with rights, privileges, freedoms and opportunities that others are not and I want to take advantage of that and enjoy all that my ancestors fought to protect.

Sentinel XV wrote:
Phonencia wrote:
I got a rock...

Nah, I got a pair of LA Police Gear "Operator Cargo Pants" from my sister and she stuck a bag of rocks in the box so it felt like something heavy and awesome. Not that I don't looooove my Operator Pants. I do. They're uber-comfy. I'm wearing them on the couch right now.

Aaaanyway, I also got an Eagle Tac P100A2 flashlight (like Capt. Shelton uses in this RP actually) a book by Pastor Joel Osteen, some candy, Teen Wolf Season 1 on DVD and a 1,080 rnd "Spam Can" of surplus Russian Army 5.45x39mm ammo. YAY!

If this isn't "Southern United States", then I don't know what is.

Anyways, I got around $500, which I'm going to spend on paintball, for christmas.

Tennessee fuck yeah!

Camicon wrote:
Monfrox wrote:I was about to say something, and then was like 'yeah, no'.

C'mon Mon.

Uh that was me not Sent. And it's actually not THAT stereotypical...okay maybe a lil.

To simplify, I got pants, a flashlight, some ammo for my gun and a book with religious advice on how to improve your life written by my favorite pastor (Joel Osteen)

Sentinel XV wrote:
Monfrox wrote:Nothing. I'm more partial to airsoft. Mainly because people that like paintball around here are complete douchebags to us Airsofters.

The preferred response for people like that is,
"Fine, if you're so freakin' badass why don't you join the US Marine Corps?"

A quick tip btw, if you want to NOT look n00b-tacticool, DON'T WEAR BLACK.
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Every part encouraged by the other
No one independent of another
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:14 pm

I guess I'm gong to be waiting some more then. Cy, would it kill you to have Monroe see Allison? She kinda is in front of the convoy.

On a somewhat related note, I purchased a name tag for myself in TF2. My Wicked Nasty Black Box for the Soldier, which currently has 702 kills and 77 Critical kills, is now named 'Allison'. :D
Last edited by Monfrox on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Achievement

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:43 am

Monfrox wrote:I guess I'm gong to be waiting some more then. Cy, would it kill you to have Monroe see Allison? She kinda is in front of the convoy.

On a somewhat related note, I purchased a name tag for myself in TF2. My Wicked Nasty Black Box for the Soldier, which currently has 702 kills and 77 Critical kills, is now named 'Allison'. :D

I'm more of a Heavy, myself. I have a Wicked Nasty Tomislav that I'm building the kill rate for. I used to play sniper and have a Face-Melting Sniper Rifle.

Khelshar
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Khelshar » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:01 am

Phonencia wrote:Don't be. I use that as a legit explanation for things IRL. It's a decent explanation actually.
"Why?
"Because 'Merica!"
Translation, because this is America and we're blessed with rights, privileges, freedoms and opportunities that others are not and I want to take advantage of that and enjoy all that my ancestors fought to protect.

Still, it does kinda bother me that you get weapon-related things for Christmas. But who am i to talk about America and the Amecians?
Nation under re-construction

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:05 am

Khelshar wrote:
Phonencia wrote:Don't be. I use that as a legit explanation for things IRL. It's a decent explanation actually.
"Why?
"Because 'Merica!"

Still, it does kinda bother me that you get weapon-related things for Christmas. But who am i to talk about America and the Amecians?

Here, have a penguin.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Khelshar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Khelshar » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:15 am

Tiltjuice wrote:
Khelshar wrote:

Here, have a penguin.

Thanks ^^ *Runs around in happy-circles*

Khelshar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Khelshar » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:26 am

To whoever cared to vote in the election: I failed and managed to reset the poll, would anyone care to vote again?

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:02 pm

Khelshar wrote:
"Why?
"Because 'Merica!"

I find your disturbance at that...disturbing...

No seriously, why should that bother you? I'm an American. Moreover I'm a SOUTHERN American. We like guns, we celebrate Christmas, we give each other stuff we like for Christmas so it therefore stands to reason that people with guns would get ammo for their guns for Christmas.

And honestly I had also wanted a Cold Steel Spartan folding knife as well but I didn't get that this year.
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:07 pm

Phonencia wrote:
Khelshar wrote:

I find your disturbance at that...disturbing...

No seriously, why should that bother you? I'm an American. Moreover I'm a SOUTHERN American. We like guns, we celebrate Christmas, we give each other stuff we like for Christmas so it therefore stands to reason that people with guns would get ammo for their guns for Christmas.

And honestly I had also wanted a Cold Steel Spartan folding knife as well but I didn't get that this year.

This isn't the place to start discussing the USA's... unique... gun culture. There are some active threads in General where you can take this discussion. That, or TG's. But not here, please.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Dimoniquid
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 10, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dimoniquid » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:35 am

@Pho

When I put that song on and began reading, it was the cheesiest fucking thing I have ever read. And I read a lot.

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:28 am

Dimoniquid wrote:@Pho

When I put that song on and began reading, it was the cheesiest fucking thing I have ever read. And I read a lot.

It was kind of supposed to be. I've been waiting FOREVER to use that song in the plot lol. Because it kinda' tells the story of Capt. Shelton's search for Taylor thus far. Having to fight to take one step closer to her (always getting sidetracked trying to help Scott's group) the line "Beauty in all she is" describes the character of Taylor as she's attractive but also has a sweet, kind personality that defies the morbid reality of everyone's present situation. Then the line "All along I believed I would find you" refers to how Capt. Shelton ignored everyone who tried to discourage him, told him he'd fail or that Taylor was dead. Despite everyone else's lack of faith, he always believed he could find her and he did. The plot is based on the song (loosely of course) and yes, it was rather cheesy but in my defense I was half-asleep when I wrote it and I'm not that good at being romantic. Besides, romance is usually kinda' cheesy so just deal with it!
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:30 am

Oh yeah, and we should do a Christmas episode of the Walking Dead!
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

Dimoniquid
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 10, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dimoniquid » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:18 pm

Phonencia wrote:Oh yeah, and we should do a Christmas episode of the Walking Dead!

AMC should do a Christmas episode of TWD, godrammit!

I can imagine everyone huddled around the fire with lots of walkers singing Christmas songs.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:41 pm

*Ahem*

I'm waiting.

Achievement

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:45 pm

Monfrox wrote:*Ahem*

I'm waiting.

For the Bus?

✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:46 pm

Dimoniquid wrote:
Phonencia wrote:Oh yeah, and we should do a Christmas episode of the Walking Dead!

AMC should do a Christmas episode of TWD, godrammit!

I can imagine everyone huddled around the fire with lots of walkers singing Christmas songs.

YESH! And I meant for our RP though. Everyone holes up in a large house for a few days and Taylor sings some christmas carols with a few of the other girls, everyone decorates a christmas tree with decorations they find in the house's attic, a few guys go out and scavenge some presents for people. That type of thing yknow.
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:48 pm

Phonencia wrote:
Dimoniquid wrote:AMC should do a Christmas episode of TWD, godrammit!

YESH! And I meant for our RP though. Everyone holes up in a large house for a few days and Taylor Monroe sings some christmas carols with a few of the other girls, everyone decorates a christmas tree with decorations they find in the house's attic, a few guys go out and scavenge some presents for people. That type of thing yknow.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse