NATION

PASSWORD

The Walking Dead RP [OOC][OPEN, EP. 4 STARTED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nexeria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:07 pm

Well, for the sake of realism, you should at least make his arm hurt or have him pass out or almost pass out. I gotta stop making my character do stupid shit. I really need to step it up in the group.
I have no mouth. And I must scream.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:29 pm

Phonencia wrote:
Dimoniquid wrote:Things that Scott has done wrong
  • Let a metric shit-ton of people into the prison
  • Got the prison blown up because of letting a Watcher informant into the prison
  • Got PTSD, so he's about to fucking lose it
  • Called Yussef an terrorist, so racism WTF
  • He's planning on getting two more members of the group, without even knowing whether they're alive or not, without anything to compensate (no supplies and stuff like that)
  • He's trying too hard to be Johann
  • He's totally turning this shit into a military dictatorship, and hasn't even considered other peoples opinions on the matters at hand

I think you know which side Yussef should be on. Alex would make you feel accepted, and take your opinion.

Alex would also make you feel dead :p

Dimoniquid wrote:I doubt if I'd be able to kill you and all of your supporters (that's, like, seven to ten people), because that's a large amount of the convoy gone. I'd rather just kill you in an epic 'Luke vs. Darth Vader' fight somehow, and say that you attacked me. Then, I'd assume a joint position with Monroe, or Shelton.

Good luck with that. Monroe (I believe) is unswervingly loyal to Scott and even if he's not, Shelton definately is now because unlike Alex (who is apparently going to voice his opinion about Scott letting Taylor into the group) Scott is going to risk life and limb to help Shelton rescue his soon-to-be fiancee'.
If it comes down to a fight, then based on the background, training and armament of everyone I'd say that Shelton is likely one of the game changers due to his combat experience, athletic superiority, hand-to-hand combat training and armament. Buuut at the same time he could be persuaded to negotiate with Scott so that a sort of advisory council can be formed.

To Dimo:

✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:18 pm

Nexeria wrote:Well, for the sake of realism, you should at least make his arm hurt or have him pass out or almost pass out. I gotta stop making my character do stupid shit. I really need to step it up in the group.

Meh. Trying to get to a place where a camp can be made. It will, eventually.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Postby Cylarn » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:24 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Nexeria wrote:Well, for the sake of realism, you should at least make his arm hurt or have him pass out or almost pass out. I gotta stop making my character do stupid shit. I really need to step it up in the group.

Meh. Trying to get to a place where a camp can be made. It will, eventually.

ONE OF THESE DAYS.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Virenna
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Virenna » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:31 am

I think Nick is really gonna be torn between each group; on one hand he thinks Scott is a skilled leader and could create a stable community, but on the other, he feels it's too much of a dictatorship. Either way having Nick on your side will benefit you not because of any military skill, but because of strong persuasion ability and management.
FLAG

"Iron hand in a velvet glove."
-Charles V

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Postby Cylarn » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:33 am

Virenna wrote:I think Nick is really gonna be torn between each group; on one hand he thinks Scott is a skilled leader and could create a stable community, but on the other, he feels it's too much of a dictatorship. Either way having Nick on your side will benefit you not because of any military skill, but because of strong persuasion ability and management.

Although Scott hasn't shown it yet, he has some respect for Nick. Also, how is it a dictatorship? Scott's had open forums, and Gabrielle, Monroe, and Shelton have some degree of leadership in the group. Has Scott launched purges of his opponents yet, or thrown Alex, Yussef, and Johnny into a forced labor detail?
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Sulamalik
Minister

Founded: Apr 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sulamalik » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:41 am

Cylarn wrote:
Virenna wrote:I think Nick is really gonna be torn between each group; on one hand he thinks Scott is a skilled leader and could create a stable community, but on the other, he feels it's too much of a dictatorship. Either way having Nick on your side will benefit you not because of any military skill, but because of strong persuasion ability and management.

Although Scott hasn't shown it yet, he has some respect for Nick. Also, how is it a dictatorship? Scott's had open forums, and Gabrielle, Monroe, and Shelton have some degree of leadership in the group. Has Scott launched purges of his opponents yet, or thrown Alex, Yussef, and Johnny into a forced labor detail?

Well, Scott was a little too eager to punish Yussef for allegedly stealing from group, not even waiting for him to tell his side of the story.
Last edited by Sulamalik on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Freiheit Reich wrote:"Economically disadvantaged and angry urban youth music."
Is that a nicer and more modern term to use?

Virenna
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Virenna » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:51 am

Cylarn wrote:

It's not that Scott doesn't allow some autonomy and freedom of speech, it's more that he doesn't really act upon it. Like he'll hear everone's suggestions, but in the end it's always he who makes the decision rather than a group vote, etc. Also, you have to remember Nick has been with this group for literally only a few days; he's going off what Alex and others have told him, so he has a biased info source.Nonetheless, in the end I think he'll probably side with Scott, though wanting the group overall to have more say in the decision-making process. He still believes in Scott's idea for a permanent settlement as well.

As for those who say that Scott's group provides stronger security, however, remember: "Those who would trade liberty for security deserve neither."
Last edited by Virenna on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
FLAG

"Iron hand in a velvet glove."
-Charles V

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:25 am

Guess who got the first two seasons of TWD, and a 2013 Zombie Desk Calendar for Christmas? :lol:

How is everyone's Christmas going?
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:18 pm

Camicon wrote:Guess who got the first two seasons of TWD, and a 2013 Zombie Desk Calendar for Christmas? :lol:

It's going pretty awesome. I got Halo 4, Halo Anniversary Soundtrack, $20 for Steam, $100 cash, and a Pilot Bag! That's about everything worth mentioning.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Dimoniquid
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 10, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dimoniquid » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:37 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Camicon wrote:Guess who got the first two seasons of TWD, and a 2013 Zombie Desk Calendar for Christmas? :lol:

It's going pretty awesome. I got Halo 4, Halo Anniversary Soundtrack, $20 for Steam, $100 cash, and a Pilot Bag! That's about everything worth mentioning.

I got some socks, some boxer shorts, and some books. Because I'm poor.

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Postby Cylarn » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:43 pm

I got a shotgun, some ammo, a gift card, some blueberry moonshine, a Clue game, some redneck toilet thing, and a hundred dollars.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Khelshar
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Khelshar » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:55 pm

I got socks, American Idiot album, Batman Begins, Dark Knight, some clothes, a nylon-stringed guitar and a book with all Beatles songs with chords. And i got some cupongs on Gamestop, and some money.

Getting desperate, would anyone here care to vote in the Khelsharian election?
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=214805&p=12204106#p12204106
Last edited by Khelshar on Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nation under re-construction

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:36 pm

I got nothing and gave a few things. *adds a vote in the Khelsharian election*
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:20 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:I got nothing and gave a few things. *adds a vote in the Khelsharian election*

Got nothing? That's no way to spend Christmas! Here, have a hug. :hug:
Last edited by Camicon on Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:00 am

Camicon wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:I got nothing and gave a few things. *adds a vote in the Khelsharian election*

Got nothing? That's no way to spend Christmas! Here, have a hug. :hug:

:D :hug:

Thanks. *holds out a Christmas-themed penguin*
mumblemumblemumble

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:12 am

Cylarn wrote:I got a shotgun, some ammo, a gift card, some blueberry moonshine, a Clue game, some redneck toilet thing, and a hundred dollars.

I got a rock...

Nah, I got a pair of LA Police Gear "Operator Cargo Pants" from my sister and she stuck a bag of rocks in the box so it felt like something heavy and awesome. Not that I don't looooove my Operator Pants. I do. They're uber-comfy. I'm wearing them on the couch right now.

Aaaanyway, I also got an Eagle Tac P100A2 flashlight (like Capt. Shelton uses in this RP actually) a book by Pastor Joel Osteen, some candy, Teen Wolf Season 1 on DVD and a 1,080 rnd "Spam Can" of surplus Russian Army 5.45x39mm ammo. YAY!
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Every part encouraged by the other
No one independent of another
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

Khelshar
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Khelshar » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:20 pm

Why are you people gifted with weapons on Christmas? If that happened here, i guess i would be arrested...
Nation under re-construction

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:25 pm

Khelshar wrote:Why are you people gifted with weapons on Christmas? If that happened here, i guess i would be arrested...

Because 'Murika! Fuck yeah!
(Sorry to all you "Murikaans") :p
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:33 pm

Camicon wrote:
Khelshar wrote:Why are you people gifted with weapons on Christmas? If that happened here, i guess i would be arrested...

Because 'Murika! Fuck yeah!
(Sorry to all you "Murikaans") :p

This
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Sulamalik
Minister

Founded: Apr 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sulamalik » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:02 pm

Nothing says peace on earth and goodwill to all men like a Kalashnikov.
Freiheit Reich wrote:"Economically disadvantaged and angry urban youth music."
Is that a nicer and more modern term to use?

Sentinel XV
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:30 pm

Phonencia wrote:
Cylarn wrote:I got a shotgun, some ammo, a gift card, some blueberry moonshine, a Clue game, some redneck toilet thing, and a hundred dollars.

I got a rock...

Nah, I got a pair of LA Police Gear "Operator Cargo Pants" from my sister and she stuck a bag of rocks in the box so it felt like something heavy and awesome. Not that I don't looooove my Operator Pants. I do. They're uber-comfy. I'm wearing them on the couch right now.

Aaaanyway, I also got an Eagle Tac P100A2 flashlight (like Capt. Shelton uses in this RP actually) a book by Pastor Joel Osteen, some candy, Teen Wolf Season 1 on DVD and a 1,080 rnd "Spam Can" of surplus Russian Army 5.45x39mm ammo. YAY!

If this isn't "Southern United States", then I don't know what is.

Anyways, I got around $500, which I'm going to spend on paintball, for christmas.
‹ all genius is a conquering of chaos and mystery

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:33 pm

Sentinel XV wrote:
Phonencia wrote:
I got a rock...

If this isn't "Southern United States", then I don't know what is.

Anyways, I got around $500, which I'm going to spend on paintball, for christmas.

Achievement

Sentinel XV
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:34 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Sentinel XV wrote:If this isn't "Southern United States", then I don't know what is.

Not sure if I understand this reference.
‹ all genius is a conquering of chaos and mystery

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:38 pm

Sentinel XV wrote:
Monfrox wrote:

Not sure if I understand this reference.

I was about to say something, and then was like 'yeah, no'.

Achievement

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse