NATION

PASSWORD

The Elder Scrolls RP: Rebirth (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Oblivion2
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Oblivion2 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:25 pm

Asgrim Olafson
"The Golem"
Aladur's Cave

Asgrim looked back up to Aladur as he re-entered the main part of the cave and began asking him some questions about Boran, his voice not quite so mechanical anymore. Asgrim paused for a moment and then addressed the Altmer warrior, "I met him on the side of a mountain outside Falkreath... He was protecting the little one..."

He paused for a moment, "He was protecting the Dragonborn... The vampire child, you know her yes? Well this was shortly after my... Awakening. He sent me to the Morthal to stay with a friend of his, Brill. He taught me about my form but..."

Asgrim paused, seemingly choking on the words, "He died... Killed in a raid by reachmen. I waited for Boran to come back but he didn't. So I went looking for him."
Warhammer 40k Enthusiast
Devoted student of Alternative History
Proud Canadian

“What man is a man who does not try to make the world a better place?”
- Unknown

Aldares
Diplomat

Founded: May 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aldares » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:04 pm

Oblivion2 wrote:Asgrim Olafson
"The Golem"
Aladur's Cave

Asgrim looked back up to Aladur as he re-entered the main part of the cave and began asking him some questions about Boran, his voice not quite so mechanical anymore. Asgrim paused for a moment and then addressed the Altmer warrior, "I met him on the side of a mountain outside Falkreath... He was protecting the little one..."

He paused for a moment, "He was protecting the Dragonborn... The vampire child, you know her yes? Well this was shortly after my... Awakening. He sent me to the Morthal to stay with a friend of his, Brill. He taught me about my form but..."

Asgrim paused, seemingly choking on the words, "He died... Killed in a raid by reachmen. I waited for Boran to come back but he didn't. So I went looking for him."

Aladur noticed the mechanical man talked with the grammar of little more than a child.

"I'm quite sorry about that, Asgrim. It is unfortunate how the people you love are so quickly murdered by someone who does not know the weight of their actions. Consequences to their doings. I, too, lost one I love. My wife Arwen was killed by a corrupt land baron, long ago..." Aladur closed his eyes and regained his composure.

"But her death was not in vain. That event opened my eyes to the violence of the Empire. The corruption, the death, the whole thing is a sham created to take innocent souls into the deep depths of Oblivion itself, and I'm going to finish it off. Completely. Boran joined my cause, along with Babbette, who was out getting supplies when I left. She should be here soon. When she arrives, I shall go make one last visit before we leave the city of Solitude."

"What do you plan on doing after Boran wakes up?"

Oblivion2
Ambassador

Postby Oblivion2 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:01 am

Asgrim shrugged and then thought for a moment, "I think... I think I'll be where Babette goes. It was her Shout that echoed through the depths of Skyrim and woke me. If that isn't destiny than I dont know what is Elf-Flesh."

He took his massive Dwemer greatsword off his back and began to sharpen the blade, "So I suppose that means I'll be waiting here with you and Boran until she returns."
Warhammer 40k Enthusiast
Proud Canadian

- Unknown

Aldares
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aldares » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:39 pm

Oblivion2 wrote:Asgrim shrugged and then thought for a moment, "I think... I think I'll be where Babette goes. It was her Shout that echoed through the depths of Skyrim and woke me. If that isn't destiny than I dont know what is Elf-Flesh."

He took his massive Dwemer greatsword off his back and began to sharpen the blade, "So I suppose that means I'll be waiting here with you and Boran until she returns."

"Babbette is the Dragonborn, but she serves the cause of the Sabre. In protecting her you work for my interests. And from... Your lack of expression I feel that you would rather not work for my interests. That is, of course, unless you would rather hear me out and give me a chance to sway your opinion of me. I am no murderer... Simply a crusader."

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007

Postby SaintB » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:34 am

Romuel Jucania
Battlehorn Castle, Secret Office

Hidden in plain site was a secret office built right in to the wall of Romuel's private quarters; one he discovered quite on accident and as far as he could tell the previous Lord did not know the existence of it. The first lord of the castle, Lord Jharen, had to all evidence used the room as his private study when he wished to be alone, he also seemed to use it as a command center of sorts. Adorning the walls were various maps of Battlehold along with maps of the County and various places of the world and the schematics of the castle from the top down and each facing from the cardinal directions. Perhaps the most valuable treasures in the room as far as Romuel was concerned were the journals and records that the first lord had kept that detailed everything from the castle's history including even the most mundane facts and every bit of income and expense the castle incurred - overall much more organized than his son whose records were at best difficult to trace.

Romuel had come here to clear his head and get a grip on things, Icarus had been strange lately and there was concern that the mage might become violent during the trial as he had in the 'bar', and as it stood the man whom had been attacked was still not conscious and so the hearing was moved to tomorrow. That meant he had less time to spend hunting the murderer who was running loose in the tent city. Reading often helped Romuel relax, it didn't matter what he read usually so he took one of the latest journals left by Lord Kelvin and paged through it...

I hope I have done well. I don't know. Perhaps I should tell the others. But what hope would they have then? I will have to tell Kelvyn, one day, when it is time for him to assume the lordship of the Castle. He, at least, may forgive me, as I am his father.

I must collect my thoughts. Lord Kain returned last night, while the others were gone to the city. Thank Onsi it was only myself and Garridan -- faithful friend! I have sworn him to secrecy. He was only too happy to let me take responsibility for what we did.

Later: I am more resolved than ever that the others must never find out. They must never know what Lord Kain has become, our liege lord -- we sacrificed everything for him!

I will set it all down here, clearly, so that others may judge whether I have done right or wrong.

When Garridan woke me to tell me that Lord Kain had arrived, I was overjoyed at first. Garridan's grim face soon warned me that all was not well, but he would not tell me what was wrong. Only that Lord Kain was accompanied by Arielle Jurard, a name to freeze the blood -- a Breton battlemage of sinister reputation in Lainlyn.

Lord Kain was waiting in the great hall with Arielle Jurard. He was heavily cloaked, unsurprisingly as it was a foul night, but I wondered why he had not removed it upon entering the castle.

I greeted Lord Kain warmly, ignoring his companion for the moment, but when he spoke, it was only haltingly, and with a grating edge that I had never heard before. "Where are the others?" was all he said. Arielle Jurard quickly intervened, explaining that Lord Kain was unwell and needed a place to rest.

By the time Kain was abed, I was fully alarmed. He moved like an old man, and barely spoke in my presence. He left a foul odor in his wake, and remained cloaked until I left him in my chambers. I then demanded that Arielle explain herself, which she was only too willing to do. Her story was appalling. Apparently Kain had perished in battle shortly after we left, but by her arts she had returned him to life, and now planned to gather an army of Knights to resume the war against Baron Shrike. Her eyes glittered with pride as she told me all this -- she is so far gone in madness and evil that she actually believed that I would go along with her plan to install a necromatic [sic] puppet on the throne of Lainlyn! For all Baron Shrike's cruelties, he at least is mortal and will one day pass on the rule to an heir.

Somehow I was able to hide my shock from Arielle Jurard, and pretended to agree to her plan. "The other knights will need to have Lord Kain's... condition... explained to them before they see him," I told her. "Otherwise the surprise of seeing him may lead some to regrettable actions." Thinking quickly, I suggested that she tend to Lord Kain in the grotto until I had prepared the others. She agreed without suspicion -- I wonder if her mind has become disordered by her evil practices -- my performance could not have been all that convincing.

Once they were inside, I shut them in, with Garridan's help. May Tu'whacca have mercy on Lord Kain's soul... As for Arielle Jurard, I wish nothing but endless night on her foul spirit.

I've had workmen cover up the doorway. Only a few of the others were ever aware of that passage behind the training room -- luckily Kelvyn was not among them. I'll have to come up with some story to satisfy those who ask about the grotto -- or tell them the truth and face the consequences.

Romuel felt numb, the words he read horrified him, he read them twice more just to confirm he was actually reading what it said - there was no mistaking it that there was imprisoned beneath the castle a necromancer and her enthralled undead minion, the former master of the order that once controlled this keep. A shiver ran down his spine as he searched the journal for more about them - perhaps later they had been dealt with? What hope there was soon faded, there was no further mention of Kain nor Arielle in any records or any journals. He had to face the facts; there was a dreadknight in the castle, hidden away until it can make an escape and terrorize them all; and perhaps even a litch bent of revenge upon the people of Battlehold.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Oblivion2
Ambassador

Postby Oblivion2 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:57 am

Asgrim scraped the whetstone across the edge of his blade until the bevel was thick and even, perfect for splitting through any armour. As he did he thought about Aladur's words and then what he thought were some of the wisest words he spoke, "Elf-Flesh... I have been gone from this world for many a year. For now I can not throw my lot with any sort of cause. I only hold my debt to the Dragonborn for waking me, and if it means fighting by your side I shall gladly do so. But remember... For now the only banner I carry is my own."
Warhammer 40k Enthusiast
Proud Canadian

- Unknown

Aldares
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aldares » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Oblivion2 wrote:Asgrim scraped the whetstone across the edge of his blade until the bevel was thick and even, perfect for splitting through any armour. As he did he thought about Aladur's words and then what he thought were some of the wisest words he spoke, "Elf-Flesh... I have been gone from this world for many a year. For now I can not throw my lot with any sort of cause. I only hold my debt to the Dragonborn for waking me, and if it means fighting by your side I shall gladly do so. But remember... For now the only banner I carry is my own."

"Your words are wise, but there may come a time in the future in which you are presented a choice to make. Freedom or oppression... I afford you the respect deserved, for now. I am just happy to have along another hand, as long as you are willing and able. I'm sure the Dragonborn will be exalted to hear of your devotion to such chivalrous action towards her... As will Boran. When he awakes."

Zemkal
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zemkal » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:04 pm

Babbette,
Outside Solitude, SKyrim,
Dovakhiin

Babbette emerged from the portal into the location where her necklace was telling her Aladur had gotten to. Inside this cave structure seemed to be a giant metallic rock, which would ave peaked her curiosity had the shape of a rather familiar Redguard was not upon the floor.

Rather calmly, Babbette approached Aladur. "You found him. What has happened?" she said simply, allowing no emotion to show upon her face or through her body language.
"That's one thing about roleplaying games. You can be in them for the long haul. And you can put them on hiatus for various reasons - people move away, go to university, get married, get a job, have kids, other unimportant stuff that gets in the way - and still come back to them at any point in the future, and the gameplay will be just as good as you remember it. It won't feel outdated."

Oblivion2
Ambassador

Postby Oblivion2 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:19 pm

As the little vampire crossed the cave Asgrim tracked her with his eyes, not moving. She addressed the elf, clearly glad that her oldest friend had been found. Then Asgrim slid his blade back into the mighty sheath on his back and slowly inclined his head towards her.

"Dragon-Born." He said as kindly as his wretched metallic voice could allow. Favoring her with a brief nod of the head.
Warhammer 40k Enthusiast
Proud Canadian

- Unknown

Zemkal
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zemkal » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:33 pm

Oblivion2 wrote:As the little vampire crossed the cave Asgrim tracked her with his eyes, not moving. She addressed the elf, clearly glad that her oldest friend had been found. Then Asgrim slid his blade back into the mighty sheath on his back and slowly inclined his head towards her.

"Dragon-Born." He said as kindly as his wretched metallic voice could allow. Favoring her with a brief nod of the head.

Babbette turned to have a giant mechanism stare her in the face. So she did the only thing a mentally unstable child would do.

FUS RO!
"That's one thing about roleplaying games. You can be in them for the long haul. And you can put them on hiatus for various reasons - people move away, go to university, get married, get a job, have kids, other unimportant stuff that gets in the way - and still come back to them at any point in the future, and the gameplay will be just as good as you remember it. It won't feel outdated."

Oblivion2
Ambassador

Postby Oblivion2 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:01 pm

The blast fazed Asgrim little, it was not her full shouting abilities, and his massive and seated frame kept him from doing more than being rocked back a little. After the power of her voice faded he raised his hands gently and spoke softly as one as he could.

"Little one... Fear me not. I am a friend of blood of yours Boran. Elf-Flesh-Aladur and I freed him from solitude naught but an hour ago. I am simply hear to answer your summons little Dovahkiin."
Warhammer 40k Enthusiast
Proud Canadian

- Unknown

Aldares
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aldares » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:02 pm

Zemkal wrote:
Oblivion2 wrote:As the little vampire crossed the cave Asgrim tracked her with his eyes, not moving. She addressed the elf, clearly glad that her oldest friend had been found. Then Asgrim slid his blade back into the mighty sheath on his back and slowly inclined his head towards her.

Babbette turned to have a giant mechanism stare her in the face. So she did the only thing a mentally unstable child would do.

FUS RO!

"Torli'ai, child, it's alright. This... Man, I suppose, is a friend of Boran's. I trust him... For the moment. And I suspect you would agree to do the same, under the circumstances. He has already explained his devotion to your cause, should you be willing to listen." Aladur bent down on a knee to be on equal heading with Babbette.

"And if you would calm down I have a surprise for you."

Zemkal
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zemkal » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:44 am

Aldares wrote:
Zemkal wrote:

FUS RO!

"Torli'ai, child, it's alright. This... Man, I suppose, is a friend of Boran's. I trust him... For the moment. And I suspect you would agree to do the same, under the circumstances. He has already explained his devotion to your cause, should you be willing to listen." Aladur bent down on a knee to be on equal heading with Babbette.

Babbette merely shook her head. "Things seem to get stranger by the minute around here."

A smile crossed her face as she patted the giant machine. "Sorry. Not like I meat a giant machine everyday. Well, I suppose with my life, this should not be surprising.: she turned back to Aladur. "And that surprise would be?..."

Oblivion2
Ambassador

Postby Oblivion2 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:56 am

Asgrim nodded, accepting her apology. She wasn't the heroic look Dragonborn that his mother had read to him about when he was but a suckling babe. But the little vampire's power could not be denied, her shout had been the sole cause of his reawakening from the Blackreach.

Now that he was with her, he had little notion of what would happen next, by surely his savior would find a clever use for him wouldn't she?
Warhammer 40k Enthusiast
Proud Canadian

- Unknown

Aldares
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aldares » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:46 pm

Zemkal wrote:
Aldares wrote:"Torli'ai, child, it's alright. This... Man, I suppose, is a friend of Boran's. I trust him... For the moment. And I suspect you would agree to do the same, under the circumstances. He has already explained his devotion to your cause, should you be willing to listen." Aladur bent down on a knee to be on equal heading with Babbette.

Babbette merely shook her head. "Things seem to get stranger by the minute around here."

A smile crossed her face as she patted the giant machine. "Sorry. Not like I meat a giant machine everyday. Well, I suppose with my life, this should not be surprising.: she turned back to Aladur. "And that surprise would be?..."

"This elf right here was resourceful enough to grease some palms for a very, very rare item that you would enjoy. I pride myself on being able to conjure up things that are needed, but this tops the list of my finest acquisitions. Hold on." Aladur stood and walked back to the storage room where the shaking and rumbling had occurred previously, and shook some things around out of sight. The rustle of a key and some chains falling to the ground rattled through the cavern.

And a little Sabrecat cub rushed out of the storage room, running straight for the water spring, hastily gulping down the divinely-lit liquid.

"If you only knew how hard it is to capture one of the damn things... Heh, heh." Aladur walked back into the room and sat down on his stone throne.

Facist-Germania
Envoy

Founded: Aug 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Facist-Germania » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:36 pm

Aerly "Icarus" Caelari,
Battlehorn,
The Aether Hand,

Icarus stared at a cockroach on the wall. Puzzled, for whatever reason.

"Magnificent little bugger aren't you... I shall name you Charles!"

He clapped his hands with giddiness and started to walk around chanting -

"Charles, Charles, the mightiest roach in ALL the land! Charles, Charles, the mightiest roach in ALL the land!"

He suddenly stopped, and stared at the simple minded bug.

"Who am I talking too?... hmm... I have no idea. No bother, I can entertain myself! Charles, how would you like to become a chicken?"

The Cockroach didn't reply, or seem to make any type of action to indicate a response. Why would it? Its an insect.

"Never mind... You can't understand me? What was I thinking. However, I suppose it is your life dream to become one of those who cluck and peck! Well here you go!"

The crazy wizard snapped his fingers, and the bug exploded with a cloud of blue flame and ash, taking on a much larger form. The once feeble roach named Charles...... was now a feeble chicken named Charles. He pecked and waddled around like any other chicken. In fact, there wasn't anything special at all about Charles. He was actually completely oblivious to his surroundings. Icarus smiled with glee at his newest creation and summoned in a small chicken coop complete with feed and water.

"There you have my darling Charles. Go forth and explore your glorious home!"

He stared at the animal as it stared back at him. Icarus' eyes filled with awe, the chicken's eyes were filled with... Talos knows what. The somewhat sober man clad in robes shook his head for a moment, and came to his senses.

"I really, REALLY need to stop hitting the ale so hard."

He plopped down into a chair and started to rest his head up with his arm. Awaiting his trial.
"Faster than light induces thought slower than dial-up"
The House of Petain wrote:
Souseiseki wrote:ban the firearms. all the firearms. - barack obama

Ah yes, I recall that speech. He then snorted some coke and said death to all the white people, while confessing how he was born in the sewers of Bangladesh and was a Buddhist hitman before becoming senator.
THREAT LEVEL: War Imminent. "You must love your allies, but be ready to stab them in the back."
DEADMAU5
OHHYEAHH

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby SaintB » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:43 pm

Romuel Jucania
Battlehorn Castle, Inner Keep

He couldn't think of anything else, he needed a powerful wizard, one he could trust. The lord of Battlehorn nearly ran through the halls of the keep until he came to the room in which Icarus was (hopefully) still temporarily incarcerated. "My lord!" the guard snapped a salute at him.

Romuel leveled his best Legate stare at the man, "Open the door."

Wordlessly the man obeyed the command and opened the door for the Keep's master and Romuel gave him more instructions, go wait down the hall, watch this room as if a Daedroth were going to burst through at any moment and don't let anyone, anyone at all, disturb me and the mage until I leave or tell you otherwise!"

"Yes my Lord!" the guard tried to bow but was too close to the noble so he slid past and bowed to him as he walked backward down the hallway.

With no further ceremony Romuel entered Icarus's room seeing the mage lazing about, "Master Icarus.... I have need of your help!"

The ex-soldier tossed a journal into the wizard's lap, "The marked pages... please read them and perhaps you'll understand. The whole castle is in danger and I need someone of your expertise to help me." his usually stoney eyes were nearly panicked, half pleading.

The above has been retconned but saved for posterity.
Last edited by SaintB on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby SaintB » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:25 pm

Black Horse Courier wrote:Morthal's Missing Guardian Reappears to Attack Solitude
The strange dwarven construct which resided in the town of Morthal in the Province of Skyrim disappeared late in the night a few weeks after reportedly saving the small village from a Forsworn raid. Days later the machine was spotted outside Solitude where it then partook in a raid against the city dungeon in assistance of a wanted fugitive identified only as "The Golden Saber". Details are scant but it has been confirmed that the mechanical beast and its suspected controller freed a bugler whom had been captured while attempting to rob the Blue Palace a few nights before; in the ensuing chaos at least a dozen inmates ranging from petty thieves to suspected members of Morag Tang made their escape into the surrounding countryside.

The massive construct battered through part of the city wall with no noticeable effort on its part after wounding several guardsmen and legionaries, the whereabouts of this Golden Saber, the construct, and the prisoners they freed are currently unknown and citizens are urged by authorities to report any sightings of Dwarven constructs outside of the many ruins which dot the landscape.

Oblivion2
Ambassador

Postby Oblivion2 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:51 am

Aldus Laurent
"War-Mage"
The Deadlands

The ascent up the tower was as swift as the day he had first clambered it. Room after room he slaughtered daedra with magic and steel, often covering the floor with their tainted blood and corpses. Pausing to take a breather he examined his surroundings, he was on the third floor of the tower, above him would be the sigil keep where they kept the Great Sigil stone... And him... His dark foe.

He found the steps up to the next level, ascending them slowly so to catch his breath and focus his mind for what was about to happen. The door ahead was as thick and sturdy as the day he had first pushed it open; its black metals still standing a silent vigil for all those who dared enter the keep and face its unholy defender. With a push the door swung open and Aldus entered the room, this time the fires of the Sigil Stone were replaced by torches on the wall. "Kaz." Called out Aldus, his voice echoing along the daedric stone. "Kaz!"

A voice greeted him, more of a whisper than anything but still oozing with power and malevolence, "Little Laurent... It has been too long." There was movement behind him; but it wasn't solid, no, it had the mass of a shadow and moved just as quick. "You look... Delectable little Breton."

"Show yourself Craven!" Shouted Aldus as the shadow continued to move around. As if commanded the shadow materialized into a roughtly humanoid shape with red skin and a massive form. Kaz stood over seven feet tall, his muscles seemingly bulging out of his body. He wore no armor save a leather cloth around his waste and a massive black soul gem hanging from a leather thong around his neck, the teeth of a daedroth decorating it as well. On his back sat a battle axe as black as the night and on his hip a pulsing blood red blade. "So... How did you do it Aldus hmmm? Make a deal with the Divines?"

Aldus shook his head at the massive Dremora lord, "No, I found my own way here, just like I did last time."

"Did you bring four MORE friends for you to sacrifce?" Kaz asked, a wicked grin on his face. Deep down that comment cut deep; there was nothing Aldus felt more guilt about than getting his friends killed. He did not allow this to show on his face however, "I'm here for them. I want that gem." Said Aldus pointing at the crystal around the creatures neck. For a moment Kaz just stared at him, and then he bellowed his laughter. "You mean to tell me that I should just GIVE you this? No, this is the Soulstealer, and it is mine. All the power of a thousand souls, mine to command. Do you really think I would just willingly hand it over to you."

With a smirk Aldus summoned his two spectral blades to his hands, "I figured you'd say that... No, I don't want you to hand it over. I'm going to make you."
Warhammer 40k Enthusiast
Proud Canadian

- Unknown

The Realm of God
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Realm of God » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:11 am

'Ock.
Barbarian.
Unamed Cave, Whiterun Hold
Skyrim.

'Ock woke after a rough nights sleep, his head pounding, the wolf furs he slept on had rolled into a small clump leaving most of his massive bulk exposed and as a result of this he was covered in small cuts and bruses.

He stood up and started his daily excercises. After completing his routine. He dressed himself in his fur trousers and hide cape, the only cloathing he possesed and walked outside. The day was miserable, cold winds from the Sea of Ghosts whipped accros the plains, chilling the Barbarian to the core and grey clouds threatned to unleash icy rain upon the hold.

'Ock held his head, curseing the mead for his hangover and bent down to a puddle and splashed his face in icy water. Then he sat and thought "What I do today," he grunted, then he remembered where he was going, an innkeeper had told him about the power struggle in Elsweyr. Of course he did not understand politics but the idea of cat peaple made him laugh and 'Ock had understood that he could walk there and earn some septims fighting, while seeing the sites.

The barbarian stood up and walked back into the cave to retreave his huge stone warhammer, affectionatly named 'smash' by it's dim witted owner and his wolf pelts. When his possesstions where gathered he wrapped the wolf pelts around his neck, making a sort of scarve. He then set off for the dusty land of Elsweyr.
British, Orthodox Christian, humanist and stoic.

Pro. Disraelian Progressive Conservatism, One Nation Toryism, Distributionism, Civil Liberties, Pro UK, Pro US Constitution. Pro USA.

Progressive Conservative Economic Right: 0.38 Social Libertarian -2.00.

Christian Democrat NSG Senate.

New Armarzia
Minister

Founded: Aug 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Armarzia » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:48 pm

Mist-Walker
Soul's Voyager
Coast of Black Marsh

Mist-Walker sat in the captains quarters of the ship, the room was extravagant, Mist-Walker spared no expense for the first ship in his merchant fleet. Though that fleet only consisted of two ships, soon to be three. Papers littered his desk, a combination of shipping orders and documents of purchases. Mist-Walker was preparing for some big changes within his company, life was growing ever more dangerous in Black Marsh for himself.

"What about the Dominion? They have been a good trade partner over the years, and they seem to be growing in power fairly quickly, setting up shop there could be a nice business opportunity," said Rashnok. He was another member of the An-Xileel, a minor member, but being a minor member of the unquestioned political leadership of Black Marsh still had considerable power compared tot he average Argonian. Rashnok gave Mist-Walker the opportunity to join the An-Xileel and Mist-Walker in turn gave Rashnok access to a small fortune that Mist-Walker was slowly growing.

"Those elves are just as friendly to outsiders as Black Marsh and we are from Black Marsh. We get our most gold from them, but moving our operation to Valenwood or Summerset Isle's would be too big of a risk. Movivng our operations North would be the safest idea for my company, we buy our goods in the North anyway, would eliminate the need for using my carts for simple transportation and free them for more trade," Mist-Walker replied.

"But that would mean more sea time for our ships, and more opportunities for pirates to raid us unless we base ourselves out of Cyrodiil, but we would probably be branded by criminals or simply bought out by the empire's trading company. Skyrim or High Rock would be our best bets, High Rock has far enough distance from Cyrodiil and Skyrim has a bit of tension growing since the Oblivion Crisis. However, we would need to hire mercenaries to protect ships, carriages, and even ourselves. Being a member of the An-Xileel would mean nothing outside of Black Marsh," replied Mist-Walker's all in a desperate tone.

"Hire?" asked Mist-Walker. "Never pay for someone else's services when you could provide the same service."

"Start your own mercenary band...hmm, I guess I could see the advantage in that, would be expensive to start though, And I am assuming you would hire Argonians...not sure I could trust any other race after the Oblivion Crisis."

Memories began to flood into Mist-Walker's mind. Memories of Oblivion, he remembered the hundreds of Argonians alongside him as they chased after daedra running in fear. He remembered the glory he felt after being cast out of Oblivion when the dremora shut their own gates. And than re remember the pride and shock he felt when he learned that the rest of the world fell to chaos, ruin, and despair while his ancestral homeland not only held the daedra off, but brought the fight to their homes. "I don't think any race has proven their will to fight like our own, but Nords have proven their worth against Dark Elves before, I am sure they would be a cheaper and simpler race to fill out ranks after we start it. I will have to use a good part of my fortunes to put all of this in motion. But it will be for the best, will be too dangerous to have my company here in Black Marsh, it is just too vulnerable to any political enemies, Argonian politics won't matter in Skyrim."

"So Skyrim is it?" asked Rashnok rhetorically.

Before Mist-Walker could reply, the door opened and a sailor said, "Sir we will be arriving in Soulrest momentarily." The sailor closed the door and left the two be.

Mist-Walker looked to his friend and said, "I will be busy putting this together, I trust you can ensure nothing drastic happens while I am occupied."

"Of course friend, best of luck." Rashnok left the room as he heard the sailors preparing to dock in the Argonian city.
Last edited by God on Mon Jan 1, 0000, 0:00 AM, edited infinite times in total.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Memories of The Forgotten Please check it out if you are interested in STALKER or an RP with a post-apocalyptic vibe.

The Realm of God
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Realm of God » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:39 pm

'Ock
Barbarian.
The Imperial City
Cyrodil

After four days travel, drinking only river water with no food. 'Ock arrived in the Imperial City. It had been an uneventful journey as the bandits seem to be weary around 7ft tall, pelt wearing wildmen. He was overjoyed (despite his pining hunger) to reach the last stop off point before he entered Elsweyr. He however only had one thing in his mind, getting food and wine.

'Ock stomped up to a local guard who looked nervously at him. He chuckled at the puny Imperial he looked up at him in obvious terror, 'Ock then joyfully asked "Where me get food, drink and bed? Me going to Elsweyr me need to sell some stuff at place where they sell. Where shop?" The city guard looked at him and stammered "Right through the gate, first on the left, can't miss it," the barbarian grunted and marched into the city, dragging his huge hammer behind him.

He always found cities odd places, busy and complicated. He entered through the gates onto the impressive, white marble streets. He found the inn and walked over to it. He paused and pounded on the door, sending bits of wood flying. The whole street watched and went silent, untill a passer by sneered "You know you can jyst enter you stinking savage."

When he entered the inn he found he got some distasteful looks, but nobody commented. He walked up to the bar and grunted "Me need bed,food,drink." After being handed a slow roast goats leg and some ale, he sat by the fire; looking forward to his adventures in Elsweyr.

Pro. Disraelian Progressive Conservatism, One Nation Toryism, Distributionism, Civil Liberties, Pro UK, Pro US Constitution. Pro USA.

The Realm of God
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Realm of God » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:43 pm

'Ock
Barbarian
Elsweyr/Cyrodil border.

'Ock was in good spirits as he crossed into Elsweyr, land of the cat folk. He had made record time, thanks to maintaining an almost in-human run and was now looking forward to starting his new career.

As he stopped to gawk at the desert landscape, as he had never seen anything remotly like this. He found that an uncomfortable feeling had desended upon him. As he tried to move he found that he was paralysed. Then a powerful voice filled his head Listen Mortal I am Malacath deadric prince of strength. By venturing to this land you have set in motion a chain of events that cannot been avoided, you shall be my champion mortal; prove your strength and you will be rewarded. You shall go to Torval the capital of Elsweyr, there your destany will be revaled. Don't fail me mortal."

'Ock was stunned managing to reply a stammered "Yes." He then set of to Torval following the command that he had been give. He was also trying to understand what a destany was.

Zemkal
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zemkal » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:15 pm

Aldares wrote:
Zemkal wrote:

"This elf right here was resourceful enough to grease some palms for a very, very rare item that you would enjoy. I pride myself on being able to conjure up things that are needed, but this tops the list of my finest acquisitions. Hold on." Aladur stood and walked back to the storage room where the shaking and rumbling had occurred previously, and shook some things around out of sight. The rustle of a key and some chains falling to the ground rattled through the cavern.

And a little Sabrecat cub rushed out of the storage room, running straight for the water spring, hastily gulping down the divinely-lit liquid.

"If you only knew how hard it is to capture one of the damn things... Heh, heh." Aladur walked back into the room and sat down on his stone throne.

Boran Marratto,
Outside Solitude, Skyrim,
Thieves Guild,

Boran opened his eyes... well, eye.. to see the familiar shape of a large mechanical object above him, lingering, and the shape of a small girl. As his eye began to take shape, he saw that Asgrim and Babbette were speaking to each other. Babbette.. she was here?

Boran shook his head weakly... and attempted to sit up, doing so slowly, and failing twice. Babbette leaned against the wall. "So your up, huh?" she said coldly. Boran began to answer, when he noticed a small animal on the edge of the cave, growling. He suddenly realized it was growling at the sky... And then he saw the silhouette of a figure swooping toward them.

Boran tried to stand up, but his legs were to weak. "D...dragon...." he said weakly, before falling on his back.

Aldares
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aldares » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Zemkal wrote:
Aldares wrote:"This elf right here was resourceful enough to grease some palms for a very, very rare item that you would enjoy. I pride myself on being able to conjure up things that are needed, but this tops the list of my finest acquisitions. Hold on." Aladur stood and walked back to the storage room where the shaking and rumbling had occurred previously, and shook some things around out of sight. The rustle of a key and some chains falling to the ground rattled through the cavern.

Boran Marratto,
Outside Solitude, Skyrim,
Thieves Guild,

Boran opened his eyes... well, eye.. to see the familiar shape of a large mechanical object above him, lingering, and the shape of a small girl. As his eye began to take shape, he saw that Asgrim and Babbette were speaking to each other. Babbette.. she was here?

Boran shook his head weakly... and attempted to sit up, doing so slowly, and failing twice. Babbette leaned against the wall. "So your up, huh?" she said coldly. Boran began to answer, when he noticed a small animal on the edge of the cave, growling. He suddenly realized it was growling at the sky... And then he saw the silhouette of a figure swooping toward them.

Boran tried to stand up, but his legs were to weak. "D...dragon...." he said weakly, before falling on his back.

"Your enthusiasm to recognize my existence is quite convincing, my friend." Aladur laughed to himself as he watched with growing curiosity the cub watching the sky. At first it seemed that he was glaring at an intruder, possibly the remnant of that Imperial squad in the city. But then the shadow appeared, and things began to change. Aladur's expression went from a happy interest to a concerned stare.

"Asgrim, Babbette, back away from the entrance." Aladur picked up his sword stowed neatly under his chair and slowly made his way to the opening in the cave. He made a swift motion and grabbed the sabre cub and threw it gently behind him, still looking up to the sky.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse