NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High (old OOC, search for new one)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:21 pm

Nfhd wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:I'll put it to a straw poll; am I being excessively picky, or does anybody else think that two threads in a row dealing with one characters issues at the detriment to other students is excessive, especially with an ensemble cast?

What does ensemble cast mean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ensemble_cast

Wikipedia is your friend :P
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:03 pm

Corrian wrote:
Nfhd wrote:What does ensemble cast mean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ensemble_cast

I am sorry, but TV Tropes has an article on it. Let the life-ruinations begin.

Some good examples include Baccano!, "Pulp Fiction", A Song of Ice and Fire, Firefly (you are welcome Corrian), Red Vs Blue, and the Justice League cartoon.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:37 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:
Corrian wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ensemble_cast

Some good examples include Baccano!, "Pulp Fiction", A Song of Ice and Fire, Firefly (you are welcome Corrian), Red Vs Blue, and the Justice League cartoon.

Both A Song of Ice and Fire and Firefly I know :P But yeah, they are pretty good examples. I think a lot of shows are good examples.

And TVTropes is like a different version of Wikipedia:P
My Last.FM and RYM

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:39 pm

Corrian wrote:
Altruistic Paladins wrote:

Both A Song of Ice and Fire and Firefly I know :P But yeah, they are pretty good examples. I think a lot of shows are good examples.

And TVTropes is like a different version of Wikipedia:P

I like to think of TV Tropes as a more self-secure and openly geekier version of "Wikipedia" that has an unified community that does not respect notability with it's own vernacular and allowing subjectivity in the right places.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:48 pm

Well the genie's out. Guess we all have to roll with the SECOND emergency from Antonio.

Since Burton's class has been hijacked do we get a do-over?
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:01 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:Well the genie's out. Guess we all have to roll with the SECOND emergency from Antonio.

... What the fuck... did I miss something... like something huge?? :blink:
Don't worry. I'm just a bridge troll that feeds on forum drama.
Harbinger of the RP endtimes.
we will send a air stare on libya if they don't stop their attack
The krang countered the wave with something. And continued to try and take over the decepticon seeker.
Everybody! Can you stop saying that the cargo ship sinking we have done lately was a war crime. We were trying to economically destroy the UK.
Mair glows brightly and transforms in a human, wearing a white cloak, "leave us"
"FIRE IN THE HOE" he bellowed before triggering the explosive.
Julius Ceasar was a normal 14 year old who played Elder Tale in Russia.
We have already established, more powerful beings are not a proper weakness.

I miss Kare-bear :C

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:02 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:Well the genie's out. Guess we all have to roll with the SECOND emergency from Antonio.

... What the fuck... did I miss something... like something huge?? :blink:
Other than Antonio having another fit and dictating the course of the thread at the expense of everyone else, not much.
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here

Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:05 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:... What the fuck... did I miss something... like something huge?? :blink:
Other than Antonio having another fit and dictating the course of the thread at the expense of everyone else, not much.

... Who?
The krang countered the wave with something. And continued to try and take over the decepticon seeker.
Everybody! Can you stop saying that the cargo ship sinking we have done lately was a war crime. We were trying to economically destroy the UK.
Mair glows brightly and transforms in a human, wearing a white cloak, "leave us"

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:12 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:Other than Antonio having another fit and dictating the course of the thread at the expense of everyone else, not much.

... Who?

Kershya's primary character. Apparently having him be the locus of an invasion of shadow-men wasn't enough as far as focusing on one character in particular, you know with the sudden appearnce of a shadow-dragon thingy and shadow army and whatnot.

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:13 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:... Who?

Kershya's primary character. Apparently having him be the locus of an invasion of shadow-men wasn't enough as far as focusing on one character in particular, you know with the sudden appearnce of a shadow-dragon thingy and shadow army and whatnot.

Oh. The dude who's posts I always considered non-canon because they didn't make any sense.

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:17 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:Kershya's primary character. Apparently having him be the locus of an invasion of shadow-men wasn't enough as far as focusing on one character in particular, you know with the sudden appearnce of a shadow-dragon thingy and shadow army and whatnot.

Oh. The dude who's posts I always considered non-canon because they didn't make any sense.

Oh, I'm not the only one?
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:19 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:Kershya's primary character. Apparently having him be the locus of an invasion of shadow-men wasn't enough as far as focusing on one character in particular, you know with the sudden appearnce of a shadow-dragon thingy and shadow army and whatnot.

You know between ATEN II attempting to circumvent MA's ruling and then this, I am severely tempted to RP in a mutiny. I mean hell if this is an anything goes sort of RP...
AETEN II wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:

Oh, I'm not the only one?
Apparently not. BTW unless you change your post to reflect MA's ruling, your character is retconed out of the class. Read back a page, it's been sanctioned.

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:21 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:
You know between ATEN II attempting to circumvent MA's ruling and then this, I am severely tempted to RP in a mutiny. I mean hell if this is an anything goes sort of RP...

I'd much prefer not.

I thought everyone would like to know that I won't be able to post as much for the next few days, getting ready to move back into a dorm for college.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:22 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:You know between ATEN II attempting to circumvent MA's ruling and then this, I am severely tempted to RP in a mutiny. I mean hell if this is an anything goes sort of RP...

I'd much prefer not.

I thought everyone would like to know that I won't be able to post as much for the next few days, getting ready to move back into a dorm for college.
Oh fun....got the beer bong and the pong table all ready to go?

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:24 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:
I'd much prefer not.

Oh fun....got the beer bong and the pong table all ready to go?

Nope. Can't stomach alcohol. Super lightweight over here.
And my campus is a dry campus so we can't really do that anyways.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:25 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:Oh fun....got the beer bong and the pong table all ready to go?

What unholy boring slab of blah university do you attend...

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:28 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:
What unholy boring slab of blah university do you attend...

Winona state.
I happen to like it there. >:(

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:32 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:What unholy boring slab of blah university do you attend...

Winona state.

Not to mention drinking is unhealthy.
/will never touch alcohol in his entire life, although possibly on his deathbed.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:32 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:What unholy boring slab of blah university do you attend...

Winona state.
Yeah but it's Minnesota....wait that's not all bad, tell me you at least have embraced the cycling culture there.

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:37 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:
Winona state.
Yeah but it's Minnesota....wait that's not all bad, tell me you at least have embraced the cycling culture there.

... My dad runs a bicycle shop. My dad used to go on rides before I got up and would go to work right after that. I'm just going to say that that didn't leave the best impression on my love for bicycles.
So no. I do not like bicycles. I prefer to walk places. More relaxing that way.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:Yeah but it's Minnesota....wait that's not all bad, tell me you at least have embraced the cycling culture there.

... My dad runs a bicycle shop. My dad used to go on rides before I got up and would go to work right after that. I'm just going to say that that didn't leave the best impression on my love for bicycles.
Really? He never tried to include you in the fun?

That's sad really, sorry your perception of bicycles had to be tainted like that.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:39 pm

I've found a dislike of walking long distances (unless hiking) after I rode my bike more. It felt too slow to walk:P

Speaking of, I need to ride again...
My Last.FM and RYM

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:43 pm

Corrian wrote:I've found a dislike of walking long distances (unless hiking) after I rode my bike more. It felt too slow to walk:P

Speaking of, I need to ride again...
I know the feeling. I was a bicycle courier for just under 4 years and I still use bicycles as a primary means of transportation along with the El train.

What's your machine of choice?

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:43 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:
Really? He never tried to include you in the fun?

That's sad really, sorry your perception of bicycles had to be tainted like that.

Well, it isn't like I could have kept up if I'd have gone anyways. These were easy 20-30+ mile rides. Every friggen day. Most of it was I just never found it fun.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:45 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:Really? He never tried to include you in the fun?

Well, it isn't like I could have kept up if I'd have gone anyways. These were easy 20-30+ mile rides. Every friggen day. Most of it was I just never found it fun.
Well who knows. I assume it was across mostly surface streets, and if he didn't expose you to other forms of riding maybe just dealing with the one kind is what did you in.

Who knows what would have happened if he would have shown you BMX racing or freestyle or mountain biking for example...

It still sucks however. Here your dad is doing something he obviously has a passion for and he doesn't even think to include his offspring even remotely.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse