NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High (old OOC, search for new one)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:37 pm

I would just like to add that I quite like Mighty Asgard's leadership on this thread. I have nothing against it. He responds to what he needs to as simply as needed (or detailed) in both the OOC and IC, and he doesn't tend to get involved in us acting like 5-year old's by bickering with each other:P So I personally see nothing wrong with him as OP.

Just wanted to put that out there, to show support for our Great and Mighty Leader! May his reign continue for years to come!

Man, I'm apparently getting loopy....
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:45 pm

Corrian wrote:I would just like to add that I quite like Mighty Asgard's leadership on this thread. I have nothing against it. He responds to what he needs to as simply as needed (or detailed) in both the OOC and IC, and he doesn't tend to get involved in us acting like 5-year old's by bickering with each other:P So I personally see nothing wrong with him as OP.

Just wanted to put that out there, to show support for our Great and Mighty Leader! May his reign continue for years to come!

Man, I'm apparently getting loopy....

Alien invade. They enslave everyone.'

Corrian: 'I for one welcome our new alien overlords!'

:P
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:26 am

As my characters were brought up I feel a duty to respond.

AETEN II wrote:Chram either. Why? Because she's a goddamn robot.

Incorrect. Have you altered settings on a computer before? It'd be something like that for Chram. Setting her on power saver mode or something.

AETEN II wrote:Sean (since he also is not a true human and is a modified soldier).

Also incorrect. Sean is genetically human with certain neural pathways removed to make room for others. Summoning was his only planned power. Enhanced reflexes developed as a side effect of the neural tampering.
Don't worry. I'm just a bridge troll that feeds on forum drama.
Harbinger of the RP endtimes.
we will send a air stare on libya if they don't stop their attack
The krang countered the wave with something. And continued to try and take over the decepticon seeker.
Everybody! Can you stop saying that the cargo ship sinking we have done lately was a war crime. We were trying to economically destroy the UK.
Mair glows brightly and transforms in a human, wearing a white cloak, "leave us"
"FIRE IN THE HOE" he bellowed before triggering the explosive.
Julius Ceasar was a normal 14 year old who played Elder Tale in Russia.
We have already established, more powerful beings are not a proper weakness.

I miss Kare-bear :C

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:46 am

I know that about Chram. But you couldn't throw a magic generic vest on her to change the setting. She'd still knock your head off via motors. Erkenfried is like that, only it can't be switched off by anything but a TAZER. His muscles are still stronger and his neurons still control a larger than a larger percentage of muscle fibers.
It's a trait that can't be removed. No diffrent than an Ape being able to kick your ass in a fight.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:11 am

AETEN II wrote:
Camicon wrote:AETEN, Fry doesn't have his super-strength in a suppression field, as per MA's post here.

His super strength results due to his muscles. It's not the result of a supernatural cause. They're just more efficient. E.G. if you put a vest on a gorilla, it would still rip your arms off. His sonic powers however result from a supernatural mutation, like normal powers, and therefore are nullified.
The same went for Vincenzo, I eventually devised that his strength was due to Hydraulics, like in jumping spiders. They pump a fluid to increase the force and strength to send them flying.
Erkenfried's strength results of superior evolution, as stated.

And the suppressors nullify that superior strength, as I have said.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:34 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:
AETEN II wrote:His super strength results due to his muscles. It's not the result of a supernatural cause. They're just more efficient. E.G. if you put a vest on a gorilla, it would still rip your arms off. His sonic powers however result from a supernatural mutation, like normal powers, and therefore are nullified.
The same went for Vincenzo, I eventually devised that his strength was due to Hydraulics, like in jumping spiders. They pump a fluid to increase the force and strength to send them flying.

Well that settles it. ATEN II please edit your post to reflect the lack of superstrength.
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Procastitania
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Procastitania » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:57 am

Corrian wrote:Cassie would just get her ass kicked by anyone except maybe Jay.

That's exactly what I was just thinking about Declan.
You're all insane.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:14 am

Procastitania wrote:

Good thing that self-defense isn't starting with sparring then now isn't it?
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here

Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Nfhd
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nfhd » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:57 am

Hetland Did you not see Will's long drawn out apology to Chram? If not its okay and I just have to think of another way for him to apologize

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:06 am

Procastitania wrote:

Uh, speaking of, there are only seven training dummies and by now they're all taken.

Sorry but Declan is going to have to get over being a wallflower in a hurry :p

Procastitania
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Procastitania » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:11 am

Northern Dominus wrote:
Procastitania wrote:
Uh, speaking of, there are only seven training dummies and by now they're all taken.

Sorry but Declan is going to have to get over being a wallflower in a hurry :p

Fine, I'll just join a group.
You're all insane.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:15 am

Just wondering, Northern Dominus, did you see that Jay asked another question?
Times are looking grim these days~

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:28 am

Terintania wrote:Just wondering, Northern Dominus, did you see that Jay asked another question?
I did, but I'm exercising a moratorium on IC posting unti ATEN changes his post.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:29 am

Northern Dominus wrote:
Terintania wrote:Just wondering, Northern Dominus, did you see that Jay asked another question?
I did, but I'm exercising a moratorium on IC posting unti ATEN changes his post.

Ok, I was just making sure you saw it.
Times are looking grim these days~

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:35 am

Nfhd wrote:Hetland Did you not see Will's long drawn out apology to Chram? If not its okay and I just have to think of another way for him to apologize

Nfhd: She's giving him the cold shoulder.
The krang countered the wave with something. And continued to try and take over the decepticon seeker.
Everybody! Can you stop saying that the cargo ship sinking we have done lately was a war crime. We were trying to economically destroy the UK.
Mair glows brightly and transforms in a human, wearing a white cloak, "leave us"

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:19 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:
AETEN II wrote:His super strength results due to his muscles. It's not the result of a supernatural cause. They're just more efficient. E.G. if you put a vest on a gorilla, it would still rip your arms off. His sonic powers however result from a supernatural mutation, like normal powers, and therefore are nullified.

:palm:

When are you going to understand the fucking things wouldn't work biologically? You can't null his strength, or anyone else's for that matter, that is a trait of their body. It's completely impossible and there's no bullshit technology that can do anything close to that. You can't nullify the strength of a muscle. It. Is. Completely. Impossible. Beyond plausible. And you know what they appear to be? A mechanic like a Deus Ex Machina, which I despise with all my essence. The only time I enjoy a Deus Ex is when it is used for comedy, otherwise it is a cheap trick used to cover a weak spot.
Now tell me, how the fuck do these suppressors even work? Do they administer a drum via transdermal patch (which need I point would be illegal as shit by the school)? Electric pulses (which would only work for muscles and no other powers at all, and would also could cause a seizure, also making them illegal)?
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:29 am

AETEN II wrote:
Mighty Asgard wrote:And the suppressors nullify that superior strength, as I have said.

:palm:

When are you going to understand the fucking things wouldn't work biologically? You can't null his strength, or anyone else's for that matter, that is a trait of their body. It's completely impossible and there's no bullshit technology that can do anything close to that. You can't nullify the strength of a muscle. It. Is. Completely. Impossible. Beyond plausible. And you know what they appear to be? A mechanic like a Deus Ex Machina, which I despise with all my essence. The only time I enjoy a Deus Ex is when it is used for comedy, otherwise it is a cheap trick used to cover a weak spot.
Now tell me, how the fuck do these suppressors even work? Do they administer a drum via transdermal patch (which need I point would be illegal as shit by the school)? Electric pulses (which would only work for muscles and no other powers at all, and would also could cause a seizure, also making them illegal)?
You do realize that you're pretty much asking to not play by the same rules as everybody else has agreed to play by right?

So essentially you're asking for a license to godmod.

MA has spoken, end of story.

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:45 am

Northern Dominus wrote:
AETEN II wrote: :palm:

You do realize that you're pretty much asking to not play by the same rules as everybody else has agreed to play by right?

I want a realism approach. A suppressor could possibly prevent a 'Lycan' from shifting. It wouldn't stop anyone with non supernatrual strength. It also wouldn't deactivate Chram's motors. This isn't X-MEN where all the powers result from the same mutation and you can shoot em' with a magic dart that destroys the mutated DNA (which wouldn't even have an instant effect in the first place). This is no different than how the vest wouldn't work on Bramwell, but not for the bullshit 'it's critical to his being'. It's because you can't shut off a bodily function. Erkenfried's strength results from less grey matter and stronger muscles. You can't shut that off. Like I said earlier. You put it on a gorilla and it wouldn't decrease the Gorilla's strength because it results from a natural process.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:48 am

AETEN II wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:You do realize that you're pretty much asking to not play by the same rules as everybody else has agreed to play by right?

It also wouldn't deactivate Chram's motors.

Except Chram's player has already given a reason for why it would and that it does.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:50 am

AETEN II wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:You do realize that you're pretty much asking to not play by the same rules as everybody else has agreed to play by right?

I want a realism approach. A suppressor could possibly prevent a 'Lycan' from shifting. It wouldn't stop anyone with non supernatrual strength. It also wouldn't deactivate Chram's motors. This isn't X-MEN where all the powers result from the same mutation and you can shoot em' with a magic dart that destroys the mutated DNA (which wouldn't even have an instant effect in the first place). This is no different than how the vest wouldn't work on Bramwell, but not for the bullshit 'it's critical to his being'. It's because you can't shut off a bodily function. Erkenfried's strength results from less grey matter and stronger muscles. You can't shut that off. Like I said earlier. You put it on a gorilla and it wouldn't decrease the Gorilla's strength because it results from a natural process.

AETEN, this is a superhero RP. With superpowers. Jesus Christ man, if you want everything to be scientifically verified, you chose the wrong fucking RP.

Like Dom said, MA has spoken. MA is OP. In this thread, MA's word is law.

If MA says that the suppressors can decrease somebodies natural strength, then they can do it. I'm fucking tired of all your rules lawyering. MA has ruled on this many times now, and every time his response has been the same.

Get over it.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:00 am

AETEN II wrote:

Great, and if you want that badly enough then you can make your own RP.

However since this isn't your RP and MA, the gamemaster of this entire thing, has made the ruling and as a player you're still beholden to it.

Now either adjust accordingly or I'm pushing to have your character retconned out of the class.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:17 am

As I have already said: The suppressors nullify his superhuman strength. The mechanics of it are irrelevant because they are plot devices, or Deus Ex Machinae as you wanted to call it. The others don't seem to have a problem with it, and I am not going to start changing things just because you alone have something against it.

You are holding up the thread with your refusal to cooperate, so either you start playing nice or I will kick you out.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:36 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:

As I have already said: The suppressors nullify his superhuman strength. The mechanics of it are irrelevant because they are plot devices, or Deus Ex Machinae as you wanted to call it. The others don't seem to have a problem with it, and I am not going to start changing things just because you alone have something against it.

You are holding up the thread with your refusal to cooperate, so either you start playing nice or I will kick you out.
Should I wait for him to revise or forge ahead as if the dummy-destruction hasn't occurred in your humble opinion?

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:38 am

Northern Dominus wrote:Should I wait for him to revise or forge ahead as if the dummy-destruction hasn't occurred in your humble opinion?

Since he wouldn't be able to destroy it when the suppressors are active, you can just assume that he didn't.

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 17, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakarisaune » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:11 pm

I have six hours of precious internet access.

Now, don't deny you all missed me these past two days :P
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse