NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High (old OOC, search for new one)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:54 pm

Camicon wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:...
I was under the impression they couldn't Bramwell and Makoto couldn't regenerate lethal wounds...
I don't know what Tara's bigot regenerative powers entail...

What's with the struck out bigot? Is this because she calls CHRAM a robot?

Also, think Wolverine's healing powers. She has that.

We do not differentiate sentients on such criteria as whether their body is biological or mechanical. Hew, I avoided calling Camicon a "technophobe".
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Nfhd
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nfhd » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:56 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:
What would happen if their heads were separated from their bodies?

Should the head be damaged beyond repair, the surviving brain-cells would evacuate and take roughly two decades of multiplication to regrow back to where the body was previously. As I said, the power was more about lore than anything of immediate use.

Nfhd wrote:I think she should regrow her body, it would just take about 10 - 20 years if nutrion was provide through the bloodstream.

I hear the nightingale floors. What's a ninja and why is there one right in front of me?

I'll assume thats compliment, since I'm not thinking straight enough to figure out if that an insult.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:58 pm

Nfhd wrote:
Should the head be damaged beyond repair, the surviving brain-cells would evacuate and take roughly two decades of multiplication to regrow back to where the body was previously. As I said, the power was more about lore than anything of immediate use.

I hear the nightingale floors. What's a ninja and why is there one right in front of me?

I'll assume thats compliment, since I'm not thinking straight enough to figure out if that an insult.

It was not an insult. You were right on the money, except the nutrition would just speed up the regenerative process.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:59 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:
What would happen if their heads were separated from their bodies?

Excellent... Now to completely ignore the question and rip out their spinal chords... :twisted:

I kid of course. Chram has no intention of killing anyone on this station.

Camicon wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:
It was a reference the long-abandoned magic argument. :p Same question to you as AP. What happens if you pull off her head?

Right. Magic. CHRAM can't learn it.

Niether can anyone as Reythan made like a tree and left the forum, so let's not continue this argument because I remember getting rather irritated because of it.

Nfhd wrote:I'll assume thats compliment, since I'm not thinking straight enough to figure out if that an insult.

It was not an insult. You were right on the money, except the nutrition would just speed up the regenerative process.

... And how would the head process the nutrients? Its... kinda missing a stomach and everything...
Last edited by Hetland 2 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't worry. I'm just a bridge troll that feeds on forum drama.
Harbinger of the RP endtimes.
we will send a air stare on libya if they don't stop their attack
The krang countered the wave with something. And continued to try and take over the decepticon seeker.
Everybody! Can you stop saying that the cargo ship sinking we have done lately was a war crime. We were trying to economically destroy the UK.
Mair glows brightly and transforms in a human, wearing a white cloak, "leave us"
"FIRE IN THE HOE" he bellowed before triggering the explosive.
Julius Ceasar was a normal 14 year old who played Elder Tale in Russia.
We have already established, more powerful beings are not a proper weakness.

I miss Kare-bear :C

Nfhd
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nfhd » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:00 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:

Excellent... Now to completely ignore the question and rip out their spinal chords... :twisted:

Camicon wrote:Right. Magic. CHRAM can't learn it.

Niether can anyone as Reythan made like a tree and left the forum, so let's not continue this argument because I remember getting rather irritated because of it.

... And how would the head process the nutrients? Its... kinda missing a stomach...

I mean't like raw cellular nutrients injected straight into the bloodstream, like glucose and other fats that are for building lipids.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:00 pm

Camicon wrote:What's with the struck out bigot? Is this because she calls CHRAM a robot?

Also, think Wolverine's healing powers. She has that.

We do not differentiate sentients on such criteria as whether their body is biological or mechanical. Hew, I avoided calling Camicon a "technophobe".

What about Tara has struck you as technophobic? She's been making use of the training robots a great deal, arguably some of the most technologically advanced items the school possesses. She's also a great supporter of the simulation technology, and she's upgraded her old wooden fighting sticks to her new composite-metal-type-thing ones.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:01 pm

Nfhd wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:

... And how would the head process the nutrients? Its... kinda missing a stomach...

I mean't like raw cellular nutrients injected straight into the bloodstream, like glucose and other fats that are for building lipids.

... There'd be no heart to pump the blood...
The krang countered the wave with something. And continued to try and take over the decepticon seeker.
Everybody! Can you stop saying that the cargo ship sinking we have done lately was a war crime. We were trying to economically destroy the UK.
Mair glows brightly and transforms in a human, wearing a white cloak, "leave us"

Nfhd
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nfhd » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:03 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:
Nfhd wrote:I mean't like raw cellular nutrients injected straight into the bloodstream, like glucose and other fats that are for building lipids.

... There'd be no heart to pump the blood...

Well use a fake one until the body repairs itslef. Until then "We have the technology we can rebuild him her"

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:06 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:

It's all in good fun. If the mechanisms that enabled someone to manipulate magic were not inherently biological in nature, then of course CHRAM could learn magic. In fact, with her new semi-biological body, she might be able to learn magic even if the manipulation process was inherently biological.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:08 pm

Camicon wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:

It's all in good fun. If the mechanisms that enabled someone to manipulate magic were not inherently biological in nature, then of course CHRAM could learn magic. In fact, with her new semi-biological body, she might be able to learn magic even if the manipulation process was inherently biological.

I know. But now I really don't care that much for the idea.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:

... And how would the head process the nutrients? Its... kinda missing a stomach and everything...

The cells will adapt somehow. Recite the MST3K Mantra.

"If you're wondering how (s)he eats and breathes,
And other science facts,
Then repeat to yourself,
'It's just a show,'
'I should really just relax.'"

Camicon wrote:

What about Tara has struck you as technophobic? She's been making use of the training robots a great deal, arguably some of the most technologically advanced items the school possesses. She's also a great supporter of the simulation technology, and she's upgraded her old wooden fighting sticks to her new composite-metal-type-thing ones.

To be fair, saying that she "uses" (I.E. beats up) robots and support simulations where people beat up artificial intelligences disguised as something else for training is not a good way for Tara to make your case. I can set her up with "Recovering Robophobes" if you feel so compelled to stage an intervention and have Tara take the twelve step program to regarding mechanical sentients as equal to biological sentients. Sakura goes on picnics with robots and donates beer to homeless robots as an example of how to treat robots as equals.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:18 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:

And other science facts,
Then repeat to yourself,
'It's just a show,'

No. I have no intention of turning this RP into a bad movie...

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:19 pm

Camicon wrote:What about Tara has struck you as technophobic? She's been making use of the training robots a great deal, arguably some of the most technologically advanced items the school possesses. She's also a great supporter of the simulation technology, and she's upgraded her old wooden fighting sticks to her new composite-metal-type-thing ones.

To be fair, saying that she "uses" (I.E. beats up) robots and support simulations where people beat up artificial intelligences disguised as something else for training is not a good way for Tara to make your case. I can set her up with "Recovering Robophobes" if you feel so compelled to stage an intervention and have Tara take the twelve step program to regarding mechanical sentients as equal to biological sentients. Sakura goes on picnics with robots and donates beer to homeless robots as an example of how to treat robots as equals.

You are aware that true robotic sapience is few and far between, even in this technologically advanced world of ours, right? And that Tara has never expressed, nor does she hold, any anti-robot views?
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Orinon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:30 pm

*throws cookies at Zark and Northern Dominus*

@Might Asgard: PLOT? IN A SHS THREAD??!?!?!!?

*Fade to battle screen*
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:31 pm

I got the stats down for all of my students.

Bramwell: Lawful Good Human Wizard

Ability Scores:
Strength- 16
Dexterity- 18
Constitution- 14
Intelligence- 20
Wisdom- 14
Charisma- 12

Makoto: Lawful Good Human Paladin

Ability Scores:
Strength- 14
Dexterity- 18
Constitution- 16
Intelligence- 19
Wisdom- 16
Charisma- 12

Sakura: (spoiler) (spoiler) Human Sorcerer

Ability Scores:
Strength- **
Dexterity- **
Constitution- **
Intelligence- **
Wisdom- **
Charisma- **

Hmm, it is ironic that the one who prefers swords (Bramwell) is not a paladin while Makoto (who is the only one with a class suited for close combat) is the one that prefers guns.

Hetland 2 wrote:

And other science facts,
Then repeat to yourself,
'It's just a show,'

The motto was intended for the show itself, not the movies it showcased. If you are refering to the Mystery Science Theater 3000 Movie, then I am insulted that you would assume the show is horrible (it's the opposite) because of the movie.

Camicon wrote:

You are aware that true robotic sapience is few and far between, even in this technologically advanced world of ours, right? And that Tara has never expressed, nor does she hold, any anti-robot views?

I am aware. I just wanted to make some jokes, twist "technophobia" from hatred of technology to anti-robot bigottry, drop a few "Futurama" references, and tease a plot development in the future.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:34 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:

The motto was intended for the show itself, not the movies it showcased. If you are refering to the Mystery Science Theater 3000 Movie, then I am insulted that you would assume the show is horrible (it's the opposite) because of the movie.

Well considering I've never seen the actual movie I can't say either or.
I'm quite fond of the series.

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:48 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Nfhd wrote:That be a pretty quick subplot considering all of them are cluster in a old, fire hazardous church. Hell, have a kid burn it down with a molotov problem solved.

I can't hear you over the sound of me planning awesome stuff.

Hetland 2 wrote:
Boring and cliche. Plus its already been done.

Agreed, just copying the plot from something else wouldn't be very fun.

It beats the cliche ZOMG UBER POWERFUL ALIENS R ATTACKINGZ, but WAIT, they have a WEAKNESS! One that allows us to destroy them all!
-cracks knuckles-
-wiggles fingers-
-throws down lever and sets creativity into overdrive-

Alright. What about fourth-dimensional beings that strike from no-where as they bend space to 'skip' to earth from their original home and move via 'shifting', in that they don't actually move. They bend time to force themselves into a different location, looking like they were almost made out of sand. At first they are completely invincible and obliterate an entire city. It is eventually realized that to fight them the world has to use risky guns of immense power that fire concentrated energy that send a ripple through space-time that shatters the creatures. They shoot hundreds of tiny lasers into a cluster of hydrogen atoms that creates a blast of energy shot out the barrel and is only good for a single shot. The creatures are also very dangerous, in that they need only strike their enemies with a single swipe to horrifically wound them. And they're fast, building up speed the more they phase.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:51 pm

AETEN II wrote:
Mighty Asgard wrote:I can't hear you over the sound of me planning awesome stuff.

It beats the cliche ZOMG UBER POWERFUL ALIENS R ATTACKINGZ, but WAIT, they have a WEAKNESS! One that allows us to destroy them all!
-cracks knuckles-
-wiggles fingers-

Alright. What about fourth-dimensional beings that strike from no-where as they bend space to 'skip' to earth from their original home and move via 'shifting', in that they don't actually move. They bend time to force themselves into a different location, looking like they were almost made out of sand. At first they are completely invincible and obliterate an entire city. It is eventually realized that to fight them the world has to use risky guns of immense power that fire concentrated energy that send a ripple through space-time that shatters the creatures. They shoot hundreds of tiny lasers into a cluster of hydrogen atoms that creates a blast of energy shot out the barrel and is only good for a single shot. The creatures are also very dangerous, in that they need only strike their enemies with a single swipe to horrifically wound them. And they're fast, building up speed the more they phase.

That might be interesting for a separate RP but I don't see how the Jimbo it fits here.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:52 pm

AETEN II wrote:
Mighty Asgard wrote:I can't hear you over the sound of me planning awesome stuff.

-cracks knuckles-
-wiggles fingers-

If the creatures were even semi-intelligent, they'd kill anyone that has the potential of identifying them (and a way to stop them) within a matter of hours.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Nfhd
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nfhd » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:54 pm

AETEN II wrote:

-cracks knuckles-
-wiggles fingers-

Those guys sound so overpowered its not even funny, they could rolf-stomp us faster then one of us could cough.

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:03 pm

Camicon wrote:
AETEN II wrote:It beats the cliche ZOMG UBER POWERFUL ALIENS R ATTACKINGZ, but WAIT, they have a WEAKNESS! One that allows us to destroy them all!
-cracks knuckles-
-wiggles fingers-

If the creatures were even semi-intelligent, they'd kill anyone that has the potential of identifying them (and a way to stop them) within a matter of hours.

Hm.
Maybe a time limit on how long they could exist on Earth before they have to return? To much exposure and they start to dissolve and wilt?
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

Kershya
Minister

Founded: Jan 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kershya » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:10 pm

I did that test, personally, I got Lawful Neutral Human Cleric, again. (every single what-character-class-are-you test says I'm priest, for crying out loud.)

I also did Antonio and here's what he got:

True Neutral Human Cleric (2nd Level)

Strength- 12
Dexterity- 12
Constitution- 15
Intelligence- 14
Wisdom- 14
Charisma- 12

In mine, human got tied with half-elf, but Antonio's second placer is tied between a dwarf and a gnome, huh.
Full Name:
The United Nine Constitutional Monarchies of Kershya

Economy

Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.72

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:14 pm

AETEN II wrote:
Camicon wrote:If the creatures were even semi-intelligent, they'd kill anyone that has the potential of identifying them (and a way to stop them) within a matter of hours.

Hm.
Maybe a time limit on how long they could exist on Earth before they have to return? To much exposure and they start to dissolve and wilt?

(Num.1 goes to Earth, pokes around)
Num.1: "Got his location."
(Num.2 goes to that location and returns)
Num.2: "He's dead."

Rinse and repeat. It takes less than a second to mortally wound somebody. And when your hunters can materialize wherever, whenever they want, nowhere is safe, nothing you do will ever make you safe, no matter how many people surround you, you will never be safe. They can materialize beside you, cut your throat, and disappear before the body has hit the floor.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Garboshia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Garboshia » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:58 pm

Camicon wrote:
AETEN II wrote:Hm.

(Num.1 goes to Earth, pokes around)

Rinse and repeat. It takes less than a second to mortally wound somebody. And when your hunters can materialize wherever, whenever they want, nowhere is safe, nothing you do will ever make you safe, no matter how many people surround you, you will never be safe. They can materialize beside you, cut your throat, and disappear before the body has hit the floor.

I've got a nasty antagonist in mind... Wait can we rip off characters from other creative works? And would you guys be okay with that? if we can and if you guys are okay with it.... Have you guys ever heard of the Anti-Monitor? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Monit ... _abilities

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:59 pm

Garboshia wrote:
Camicon wrote:(Num.1 goes to Earth, pokes around)

I've got a nasty antagonist in mind... Wait can we rip off characters from other creative works? And would you guys be okay with that? if we can and if you guys are okay with it.... Have you guys ever heard of the Anti-Monitor? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Monit ... _abilities

No you can't. And I doubt many of us would be okay with it.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse