NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High (old OOC, search for new one)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:05 pm

AETEN II wrote:Am currently hooked on Sail by AWOLNATION. BTW, anyone here watch Longmire?

Blame it on the ADD, baby

That's still my favorite AWOLNATION song. I wasn't sure about the band at first when I heard it on the radio a while back, but I quite dig that song. Their other stuff isn't that bad, it's just not to the same level of Sail in my opinion.

Edit: And no, I don't. Never heard of it.
Last edited by Corrian on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Nfhd
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nfhd » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:05 pm

Corrian wrote:
Nfhd wrote:Valve why u no count to 3. We want portal 3.

People want 3 everything related to Valve. I just say let them do whatever the hell they want. They are Valve. Whatever they do will be awesome. They aren't the type of company that's into recycling a series over and over again forever (Call of Duty and Halo). I'm more interested in like, say, a combination of Portal and Half Life in a new game (Since they are both based in the same world)

Even with this, I still laugh how like everything they do ends at 2. (Half Life 2: Episode 2, Portal 2, Team Fortress 2, Some other game they released recently 2, Left 4 Dead 2, ect?).

BUT, Valve is awesome. Steam is the best game device ever, and the sales they have are amazing. And they say games are overpriced (Usually due to lack of content other then multiplayer, like Call of Duty), so yeah. And it is known that the games that go on sale tend to do BETTER on sale. They are making us go more broke on video games with sales...:P

And the next time someone says "Where's Half-Life 3?" on a completely unrelated link on Facebook, I'm going to punch someone in the face. It gets irritating when people nag game companies in my opinion. This entitlement generation is getting on my nerves.

No offense to you, or anything, though. Just talking about in general. Though, Portal 2 is only about a year 1/2 old, if that, so don't worry about it too much. Valve actually takes time to make their games RIGHT, instead of rushing them, so you don't hear about new games that often. Which is fine by me. I rather a working game over a half-assed, rushed game (Like Dragon Age 2, but that was EA's stupidities fault. I think they got crap for that, because they didn't rush Mass Effect 3 and aren't rushing Dragon Age 3). And they make enough money off of Steam all the time (Especially making sales all the time) that they can take their time. Valve's totally my dads dream job place. They have amazing benefits as well (They gave like, 100+ employee's and their families a free week trip to Hawaii, for example).

All true. I was just playing into the huge half life 2 rage pot as that has been a sore subject among half life fans. Steam is a wonderful device for getting games and valve makes quality projects, maybe when they are done with cs:go they'll focus on something else, I'll still buy it even if it isn't a much awaited sequel.

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:15 pm

Corrian wrote:
AETEN II wrote:Am currently hooked on Sail by AWOLNATION. BTW, anyone here watch Longmire?

Blame it on the ADD, baby

That's still my favorite AWOLNATION song. I wasn't sure about the band at first when I heard it on the radio a while back, but I quite dig that song. Their other stuff isn't that bad, it's just not to the same level of Sail in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO-ZrF2HJjY
That's a preview for Longmire. It's on A&E and it's the best cop show on. Why? Because it's practically a goddamn western.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

Subject X7
Envoy

Founded: Aug 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Subject X7 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:50 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Garboshia wrote:
Name: Burt Kristoff a.k.a. 'Celsius'
Nationality: Canadian
Height: 5ft. 4inch.
Weight: 200 pounds
Hair: short, red hair with a few grey areas
Eyes: blue
Costume (if any): blue pants and blue shoes with a red shirt and red gloves
Abilities: expelling and absorbing heat energy
Subject: P.E.
Brief Bio: Burt Kristoff is an okay guy, when his temper doesn't flare up. Burt was a former police officer who tried to play things by the book and was popular with victims of crimes because of how he tried to sympathise with them. Sometimes he'd sympathise with them a bit too much. Burt lost his job for utilising excessive force when he arrested a rapist. Ergo he tasred the criminal and started hitting him with his baton with no intentions of stopping and had to be pulled away by three other officers. One of these officers still has bite marks on his arm from Burt. Burt learned he had the ability to control heat when he saw his story on the news. When people started talking about how wrong Burt was for being so aggressive Burt's temper flared up and his t.v. started melting under his gaze. Burt was quick to become a superhero after that and called himself 'The Flame of Vengance' hunting down criminals and giving them third degree burns before turning them in (once he learned he could absorb heat energy in an area and freeze people solid he started calling himself 'Celsius'). Needless to say Burt has been arrested by the police and other superheroes for his aggressive behaviour when dealing with the more unsavoury than usual members of society. Burt came to the school looking for a job due to him being constantly fired in all of his other ones. He thought that he could actually keep this one considering that he was a "goddamn force of nature against those fucking bloodsuckers! Melting and freezing those bastards faces off!" (Burt's own words in regards to his role against the vampire invasion). The school only accepted him under the condition that Burt takes medication for his anger issues and sees a psychologist regularly.

OOC: yeah I know Burt's pretty cliche but I thought this RP looks interesting and I don't have the patience to write down a complex character especially if this RP turns out to not be my kind of thing, in short Burt's a nice guy with anger issues who became a superhero because he just likes the idea of beating the tar out of some sick bastard in the morning. p.s. could someone bring me up to speed n this RP? Well if I'm accepted that is

Accepted.

Subject X7 wrote:
Name: Johnathan Cole White
Nationality: Classified
Height: 6'7"
Weight: 190 lbs
Hair: Not visible
Eyes: Not visible
Costume (if any):
Abilities: Zero Point Energy Field Manipulator arm: Basically, his hands function like the gravity gun in Half-Life 2, the following is a demonstration of how his powers work.
Subject: Technology, Chemistry, Science
Brief Bio: After crashing in Roswell, New Mexico, in 1947, Johnathan was taken in by a kind waitress at a nearby diner. The military confiscated his ship, and took most of the technology with them to Area 51. Later, he broke in and recovered a few of his scientific instruments, inclusing his stasis beam. He eventually caught word of a space station being built, one that would house the various abnormalities in the human race, and some extraterrestrials. He waited, and as soon as it was finished and students arrived, he began his journey in his ship to the Super Hero High.

Sorry for the crappy bio, I'm working on 3 different sites at once.

Denied. I've said that I'll only accept more alien characters if I feel they're sufficiently fleshed out, even more so than a human character, and your bio is a bit short in my opinion. There is essentially a gap of half a century between him crashing and going to the station, so he would have had to do something in the meantime.

Ah. I see. Well, I can extend my bio for another three paragraphs if you want.
I would like to say a few things:
DubStep
Gamer
Lover
Butterflies
I can cook.
Puppies
Pizza
Wiggle
Bloop

I'm generally a nice person, an open book. But there's a key to opening my darker pages, and that's trust. If I confide in you, I will not hesitate to destroy your life, to do everything in my power to get revenge, if you reveal a single secret about me that I tell you. I will destroy your social life, make your love life public, and reveal your darkest secrets. But don't worry, I've only ever done that once to a person. Just keep my secrets, okay?

On a lighter note, I LOVE YOU! YES, YOU THERE!

Orinon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:13 pm

I'm in your forums, lurking in your SHS threads....
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:22 pm

Orinon wrote:(Image)

Zombies! Get the carbines, miniguns, shockwave-based explosives, and slashing weapons that can decapitate the head with relative ease without high maintenence! Read every page of the "Zombie Survival Guide" front and back until you remember every section by memory. Aim for the spinal cord! Do not flee to shelters you could not reasonably live in for one month's time. Avoid highways. To simplify matters, move to a place where they will suffer dry heat (Las Vegas), moist heat (Amazon river delta), or freezer-burn (the Arctic circle). Just go there and wait two weeks for every zombie to become immobile or burst and then resume your lives as if nothing happened after the WHO, CDC, and public sanitary services removes the bodies.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Nfhd
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nfhd » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:34 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:
Orinon wrote:(Image)

Zombies! Get the carbines, miniguns, shockwave-based explosives, and slashing weapons that can decapitate the head with relative ease without high maintenence! Read every page of the "Zombie Survival Guide" front and back until you remember every section by memory. Aim for the spinal cord! Do not flee to shelters you could not reasonably live in for one month's time. Avoid highways. To simplify matters, move to a place where they will suffer dry heat (Las Vegas), moist heat (Amazon river delta), or freezer-burn (the Arctic circle). Just go there and wait two weeks for every zombie to become immobile or burst and then resume your lives as if nothing happened after the WHO, CDC, and public sanitary services removes the bodies.

No, you go for headshots. Your, going to die while I have my nice little repeating rifle, bow, and family chainsaw with custom pink fluffy grips.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:49 pm

Nfhd wrote:

No, you go for headshots. Your, going to die while I have my nice little repeating rifle, bow, and family chainsaw with custom pink fluffy grips.

Chainsaws have a habit of breaking on concrete. What is going to happen when you're going to put that to something that is thirty-two times tougher than concrete. The spinal cord is a larger target when you consider that zombies only need the brain stem and thalamus to kill you (they are the minimum needed for a human to survive, and the same would be applicable to the living dead). If the zombies have not rotted away too successfully, then they will have to contend with mountain lions, bears, wolves, wolverines, and many other animals within North America will have an all you can eat buffet because a zombie is ultimately a human without the tool (read: intelligence) that allowed humans to conquer the world. There is also the benefit that zombies are ridiculously easy to spot, which is not a good thing for a virus (this is why rabies has literally been made non-existant in some places). There is also the problem that we live in a world that is paranoid enough that it closed down China's borders for two weeks in 1998 due to there being over fourty known people with SARS in the country (see my reasons for why that would only make things easier). The final nail in the coffin is that, no matter how you cut it, zombies will be dead in two weeks no matter where they are. It literally takes less than a three day's time for a fresh corpse to be destroyed in lukewarm, reasonably moist places (I.E. a north-eastern deciduous forest). In the Amazon, that process is done in less than two hours (which would likely mean that any zombies would be dead before they can even get one bite). In deserts, zombies would literally mummify in the dry heat (which takes three days should it not be sufficiently windy). In the tundra, zombies would literally have freezer-burn to contend, which will literally destroy its muscles.

Zombies are some of the least logically dangerous monsters out there, and we fear them because of what we put our fears and paranoia intp them rather than any actual danger.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:54 pm

Nfhd wrote:No, you go for headshots. Your, going to die while I have my nice little repeating rifle, bow, and family chainsaw with custom pink fluffy grips.

Chainsaws have a habit of breaking on concrete. What is going to happen when you're going to put that to something that is thirty-two times tougher than concrete. The spinal cord is a larger target when you consider that zombies only need the brain stem and thalamus to kill you (they are the minimum needed for a human to survive, and the same would be applicable to the living dead). If the zombies have not rotted away too successfully, then they will have to contend with mountain lions, bears, wolves, wolverines, and many other animals within North America will have an all you can eat buffet because a zombie is ultimately a human without the tool (read: intelligence) that allowed humans to conquer the world. There is also the benefit that zombies are ridiculously easy to spot, which is not a good thing for a virus (this is why rabies has literally been made non-existant in some places). There is also the problem that we live in a world that is paranoid enough that it closed down China's borders for two weeks in 1998 due to there being over fourty known people with SARS in the country (see my reasons for why that would only make things easier). The final nail in the coffin is that, no matter how you cut it, zombies will be dead in two weeks no matter where they are. It literally takes less than a three day's time for a fresh corpse to be destroyed in lukewarm, reasonably moist places (I.E. a north-eastern deciduous forest). In the Amazon, that process is done in less than two hours (which would likely mean that any zombies would be dead before they can even get one bite). In deserts, zombies would literally mummify in the dry heat (which takes three days should it not be sufficiently windy). In the tundra, zombies would literally have freezer-burn to contend, which will literally destroy its muscles.

Zombies are some of the least logically dangerous monsters out there, and we fear them because of what we put our fears and paranoia intp them rather than any actual danger.
Well on a one for one basis. A hundred on one on the other hand...
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:16 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:

Well on a one for one basis. A hundred on one on the other hand...

You do not add to the counter of when the zombie is going to inevitably cease function in that three day maximum death sentence; you just increase the time by pushing back the three-day timer. Do I need to point out the 1998 SARS outbreak and Rabies as examples of why zombies would never get to large enough numbers to become a hazard. Heck, there may be the problem of a zombie being a rural area and simply not finding any infectees before that three-day death sentence destroys it. Heck, entire cities would be immune to zombies due to ciurcumstances of climatology working against the zombies. The only way Las Vegas would be infected would be if the zombie apocalypse started there, and that would be a city-wide apocalypse only because no other population centers are within two day's walking distance. No matter where the zombies are, they are doomed to fail because of climatology alone. The Sahara would literally be impossible for zombies to cross, which would severely limit the damage zombies could do. Any place that is cold enough will see the zombies freeze in place and then promptly be disabled after they thaw due to freezer burn. Rainforests would kill zombies in just two hours.

Earth's climate alone is literally a death sentence to zombies as a threat to humanity's survival or even civilization's survival. The equivalent of what zombies would go through would be that, in order to have sex or eat lunch, you would have to kill a hippo in un-armed combat, and any climate will ensure you are dead within three day's time most. If you think about it, zombies would need to be equally spread out across the world in numbers of one zombie per mile in order to even threaten large numbers of humanity, and it would be statistically impossible for zombies to ever be numerous enough to threaten humanity. In order to threaten humanity, zombies would need to have biology changed in some manner in order to justify them even being a threat to humanity, because the basic concept is just not that dangerous to humanity as a whole. This is why Max Brooks had to go into detail about the changes that happen between humans and zombies because they otherwise posed no threat to humanity, and he failed to even explain why zombies did not suffer freezer-burn or mummification. The explanations were that zombies literally scared off everything but two types of bacteria in order to explain why zombies would be able to threaten people for five years' time and never be at neutral boyancy in order to prevent the problem of rain forests and any bodies of water deeper than six-feet from being zombie barriers. Zombies run a three-day timer at best, which means they have to move quickly and infect people in that time to actually contribute anything to the zombie outbreak. Zombies are not fast moving, so they are already at a disadvantage for a race against time.

As a proof of concept for how lacking in deadly efficiency zombies are, look at the first infectee (Orinion). He is literally incapable of killing us because we are residing in zombie-proof climates. Since he has not been active for two hours, this is proof that rainforests are zombie death-traps.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:48 pm

AETEN II wrote:
Corrian wrote:Blame it on the ADD, baby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO-ZrF2HJjY
That's a preview for Longmire. It's on A&E and it's the best cop show on. Why? Because it's practically a goddamn western.

My opinion on cop shows. (This scene was picking on cop shows, and that show even picks on themselves).

But, despite this, that show looks like it could potentially be more bad ass, JUST because it's got more of a western cop show feel, instead of the typical boring "FBI" "CSI", and so on BS that we need 5 spin off series and have to have 10 different versions of the same god damn style of show.
My Last.FM and RYM

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:56 pm

Corrian wrote:
AETEN II wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO-ZrF2HJjY

My opinion on cop shows. (This scene was picking on cop shows, and that show even picks on themselves).

But, despite this, that show looks like it could potentially be more bad ass, JUST because it's got more of a western cop show feel, instead of the typical boring "FBI" "CSI", and so on BS that we need 5 spin off series and have to have 10 different versions of the same god damn style of show.

The guy who plays the Native American friend, Lou Diamond Philips, is awesome. The lead actor's also pretty good as well and the show has its own feel. Not to mention that Longmire (last name of the Sheriff) doesn't have a cell phone and likes to do stuff old-school, same with Henry (the indian.). After looking up the wikipedia article, it also turns out its based on a series of crime-mystery books.
Not to mention that since it's a small town and there's now swat, 'backup' typically just two more cops. There's only four.
Last edited by AETEN II on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:02 pm

AETEN II wrote:
Corrian wrote:My opinion on cop shows. (This scene was picking on cop shows, and that show even picks on themselves).

The guy who plays the Native American friend, Lou Diamond Philips, is awesome. The lead actor's also pretty good as well and the show has its own feel. Not to mention that Longmire (last name of the Sheriff) doesn't have a cell phone and likes to do stuff old-school, same with Henry (the indian.). After looking up the wikipedia article, it also turns out its based on a series of crime-mystery books.

I bet my mom knows who that is. She's all into big Native American actors. The lead guy sounds awesome, but I'm not sure I know him. I might need to give that show a try at some point (no TV. Haven't paid for it in a long time. I usually play video games instead of watching TV anyway, so).

I saw something about it being based on a book series in the description. Apparently nothing's original these days and is always based on a book. Practically every single movie I see is either a sequel or based on a book. That doesn't mean it's bad, obviously. That show looks like it could be a great adaption. And a lot of work can be put into adaptions (Game of Thrones, with great atmosphere and acting, for the most part), so yeah. The new movie Cloud Atlas (Which looks damn sweet) I thought was going to be this incredible, innovative, original story about like, everything? (Sci-fi, Fantasy, Historic, Pirates, Action, ect), but found out it's based on a book. But even then, the adaption looks like it will be fantastic.
My Last.FM and RYM

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:09 pm

Corrian wrote:
AETEN II wrote:The guy who plays the Native American friend, Lou Diamond Philips, is awesome. The lead actor's also pretty good as well and the show has its own feel. Not to mention that Longmire (last name of the Sheriff) doesn't have a cell phone and likes to do stuff old-school, same with Henry (the indian.). After looking up the wikipedia article, it also turns out its based on a series of crime-mystery books.

I bet my mom knows who that is. She's all into big Native American actors. The lead guy sounds awesome, but I'm not sure I know him. I might need to give that show a try at some point (no TV. Haven't paid for it in a long time. I usually play video games instead of watching TV anyway, so).
I saw something about it being based on a book series in the description. Apparently nothing's original these days and is always based on a book. Practically every single movie I see is either a sequel or based on a book. That doesn't mean it's bad, obviously. That show looks like it could be a great adaption. And a lot of work can be put into adaptions (Game of Thrones, with great atmosphere and acting, for the most part), so yeah. The new movie Cloud Atlas (Which looks damn sweet) I thought was going to be this incredible, innovative, original story about like, everything? (Sci-fi, Fantasy, Historic, Pirates, Action, ect), but found out it's based on a book. But even then, the adaption looks like it will be fantastic.

It's on A&E and the next episode is this sunday at ten. Not to mention it has something different than most crime dramas in that Longmire and Henry are hiding a very dark secret about an incident several years ago that would destroy any chance of Longmire getting re-elected.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:12 pm

AETEN II wrote:
Corrian wrote:I bet my mom knows who that is. She's all into big Native American actors. The lead guy sounds awesome, but I'm not sure I know him. I might need to give that show a try at some point (no TV. Haven't paid for it in a long time. I usually play video games instead of watching TV anyway, so).

It's on A&E and the next episode is this sunday at ten. Not to mention it has something different than most crime dramas in that Longmire and Henry are hiding a very dark secret about an incident several years ago that would destroy any chance of Longmire getting re-elected.

Too bad I can't watch it. Or, check it out anyway. I'm not really into illegally watching things online, either. Otherwise I would of seen Game of Thrones season 2 by now (Will probably watch it with grandpa this summer on HBO Go or something).

And hiding dark secrets sounds like the definition of politicians:P
My Last.FM and RYM

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:16 pm

AETEN II wrote:
Corrian wrote:My opinion on cop shows. (This scene was picking on cop shows, and that show even picks on themselves).

Not to mention that since it's a small town and there's now swat, 'backup' typically just two more cops. There's only four.

They just got a S.W.A.T. team or they have no S.W.A.T. team? Hmm, I remember reading that every county/parish was supposed to have a S.W.A.T. team, but it could just be the size of the county and the spread of the individual officers in it that prevents it from a decently fast mobilization. I am interested in this show now (even if it is partially motivated by remembering Lou Diamond Philips hosting a Military Channel show where he seemed pretty respectful and intelligent) if partially because the concept interests me.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:17 pm

AETEN, I'm kinda stuck helping your char. Gonna post soon?
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:54 pm

AETEN II wrote:The guy who plays the Native American friend, Lou Diamond Philips, is awesome. The lead actor's also pretty good as well and the show has its own feel. Not to mention that Longmire (last name of the Sheriff) doesn't have a cell phone and likes to do stuff old-school, same with Henry (the indian.). After looking up the wikipedia article, it also turns out its based on a series of crime-mystery books.

They just got a S.W.A.T. team or they have no S.W.A.T. team? Hmm, I remember reading that every county/parish was supposed to have a S.W.A.T. team, but it could just be the size of the county and the spread of the individual officers in it that prevents it from a decently fast mobilization. I am interested in this show now (even if it is partially motivated by remembering Lou Diamond Philips hosting a Military Channel show where he seemed pretty respectful and intelligent) if partially because the concept interests me.

No SWAT. So they can't really ever go guns a' blazing. The episodes where there are firefights typically consist of 'fire off your guns to keep his fire on you while I circle around and take him down'. Or they just take a WWI approach and stay behind rocks and trees as cover and advance quickly over a little ground while the enemy is reloading.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:04 pm

Terintania wrote:I'm thinking of coming back to this RP. No clue what's going on, and what's happened, though...

Huh, for some strange reason I knew this. Can't imagine why.....
My Last.FM and RYM

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:46 pm

Corrian wrote:
Terintania wrote:I'm thinking of coming back to this RP. No clue what's going on, and what's happened, though...

Huh, for some strange reason I knew this. Can't imagine why.....

Hey, it is much better than the occasional and odd moments in dreams I have where something outlandish happens in the thread. It actually was hilarious one morning when I woke up and was getting ready to complain about a massive continuity error Camicon pulled only to wonder why the post was not there when I checked into the forum so I could bring the issue up. Damn, parts of my dreams are lame, though they have finally started happening on a regular basis. I wish I could have the zombie apocalypse dream involving side-kicks from various media that was oddly in an adventure game format again because of just how seriously it started and how surreal it got as I changed side-kicks.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:56 pm

Don't wanna sound like an ass when I was the one who asked AETEN if he would post soon, but maybe he should at least mention breaking through the shadow that was trying to strangle him (It was weakened, so that should work).
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:59 pm

Corrian wrote:Huh, for some strange reason I knew this. Can't imagine why.....

Hey, it is much better than the occasional and odd moments in dreams I have where something outlandish happens in the thread. It actually was hilarious one morning when I woke up and was getting ready to complain about a massive continuity error Camicon pulled only to wonder why the post was not there when I checked into the forum so I could bring the issue up. Damn, parts of my dreams are lame, though they have finally started happening on a regular basis. I wish I could have the zombie apocalypse dream involving side-kicks from various media that was oddly in an adventure game format again because of just how seriously it started and how surreal it got as I changed side-kicks.

I was joking by the way:P Terintania is my sister, so that's why I knew that.

But my sister and I have both had weird ass dreams like that. She's had multiple dreams where she thought someone posted, and wakes up and nobody posted. I've had a lot of dreams where I'm just sitting at my computer, scrolling through the internet or just posting, or playing Skyrim and whatnot. Clearly that shows my nerdiness. It can be annoying though when you wake up and realize that nothing actually happened, and it confuses your brain.

Also, I think I'll edit my post to acknowledge AETEN 11's post.
My Last.FM and RYM

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:02 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:...

Don't wanna sound like an ass when I was the one who asked AETEN if he would post soon, but maybe he should at least mention breaking through the shadow that was trying to strangle him (It was weakened, so that should work).

How long ago was that? And I'm about to go into spore and make a new better Xenomorph than my last one, so couldja recap?

And my nerdiness goes beyond all of you. I have dreams where I'm stuck on goddamn Mygeeto as a Clone Marine and it is HELL.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Garboshia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Garboshia » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:07 pm

Corrian wrote:

I was joking by the way:P Terintania is my sister, so that's why I knew that.

But my sister and I have both had weird ass dreams like that. She's had multiple dreams where she thought someone posted, and wakes up and nobody posted. I've had a lot of dreams where I'm just sitting at my computer, scrolling through the internet or just posting, or playing Skyrim and whatnot. Clearly that shows my nerdiness. It can be annoying though when you wake up and realize that nothing actually happened, and it confuses your brain.

Also, I think I'll edit my post to acknowledge AETEN 11's post.

I have weird dreams where I'm reading comic books really bad ones too and I wake up when I realise "Wait a minute, this friggin thing sucks! Why am I reading thi-" then poof I'm awake and I've realised that I've dreamed about reading comics.... Beat that :ugeek:

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:07 pm

AETEN II wrote:
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:...

How long ago was that? And I'm about to go into spore and make a new better Xenomorph than my last one, so couldja recap?

And my nerdiness goes beyond all of you. I have dreams where I'm stuck on goddamn Mygeeto as a Clone Marine and it is HELL.

I dreamed I had warlock powers.

T'was fun, casting fear at cars.

Anyways, it wasn't all that long ago, really. Simply after you broke the shadow that was enveloping your head another tried to strangle you. That's it. Sarah worked to weaken it so Erkenfried should be able to break it with brute force.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse