NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High (old OOC, search for new one)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:20 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Nfhd wrote:
Thanks you, for all you help
Name: William Robinson
Nationality: United states born( lived in the himalayes area for 2 years
Height: 5, 6
Weight: 120
Hair: Dirty Blond
Eyes: Blue-Green
Costume (if any):
Abilities: TelekineseIs. Different body temperature range (lives in (-10 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit range any higher then that and he will begin to hyperventilate get dizzy and drowsy and eventually fall unconscious.
Alignment: Hero
Brief Bio: William had terrible letter grades in math and english, but he always excelled at history and science. Due to his condition(Different body temperature range (lives in (-10 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit any higher then that and he will begin to hyperventilate get dizzy and drowsy and eventually fall unconscious.) he had to refrain from participating in any major sports until winter came. He had a large, but tightly nit group of friends which allowed him to still have fun even though he couldn't participate in activities normal for children his age. Right before the war he was sent of to live with relatives in nepal so he could enjoy life more. When the vampires invaded his relatives were killed in the chaos that followed. He soon found himself adopted by a asiatic tribe that was living in the mountains. The bow was his favorite weapon to use during the war as it was silent and its ammo could be reused, due to the constant use of the bow he became a master archery as his very existence depended on him using it. As the tribe had to create its own goods he took up bow making. He soon activated his telekinesis and grew in fame to the surrounding tribes. He eventually lead a couple of the surrounding tribes to expel the vampires from their area of the mountains. When people began to back in and fear the superhuman, he left his tribe so they would not fear reprisal from the xenophobic people. He managed to get in contact with the local U.N. Commander, he managed to use his hero status among the tribes to convince the commander to sent a recommendation the the U.N. Which allowed him to get into the system and he was eventually sent notice he was entered into the academy. He is also has Adhd and is bipolar.

Accepted.

You always seem to log on around 2 AM. Are you not in the U.S., or do you have some problem while sleeping where you always wake up at 2 AM?

For me, I have some times where I sleep fine, and other times where I go for a week or longer with no more then 4 to 6 hours of sleep, and crappy sleep at that.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 17, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakarisaune » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:24 am

Corrian wrote:
Mighty Asgard wrote:Accepted.

You always seem to log on around 2 AM. Are you not in the U.S., or do you have some problem while sleeping where you always wake up at 2 AM?

For me, I have some times where I sleep fine, and other times where I go for a week or longer with no more then 4 to 6 hours of sleep, and crappy sleep at that.

Pfft, I stay up until 2 AM on NS. Every. Day. (Not in the US, though, so I might seem to actually have a normal sleep schedule). And do you mean 4-6 hours overall?
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:32 am

Nakarisaune wrote:
Corrian wrote:You always seem to log on around 2 AM. Are you not in the U.S., or do you have some problem while sleeping where you always wake up at 2 AM?

Pfft, I stay up until 2 AM on NS. Every. Day. (Not in the US, though, so I might seem to actually have a normal sleep schedule). And do you mean 4-6 hours overall?

Oh to be young and not be working from 7 til 5 four days a week. At least my iPhone lets me get my SHH fix during the day
Last edited by Ularn on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:36 am

Nakarisaune wrote:
Corrian wrote:You always seem to log on around 2 AM. Are you not in the U.S., or do you have some problem while sleeping where you always wake up at 2 AM?

I stay up until 2 AM quite frequently, and beyond (It's 2:30 AM right now), so yeah.
My Last.FM and RYM

Nfhd
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nfhd » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:36 am

Yay, I got my first post done.

One the sleeping note, I always have a bad sleep cycle during the summer.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:50 am

I just realized we gained 2 people named William recently.
My Last.FM and RYM

Nfhd
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nfhd » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:52 am

Corrian wrote:I just realized we gained 2 people named William recently.

Who is the other one

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:03 am

Nfhd wrote:
Corrian wrote:I just realized we gained 2 people named William recently.

Who is the other one

AETEN had a character called William, but I don't think it's being used anymore. Don't know of any others.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Prince-Bishopric Of Liege
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Prince-Bishopric Of Liege » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:35 am

Ularn wrote:
Nfhd wrote:Who is the other one

AETEN had a character called William, but I don't think it's being used anymore. Don't know of any others.

Me. In fact, I thought I've used the search function to avoid this, but it must have slipped my mind...

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:06 am

Prince-Bishopric Of Liege wrote:
Ularn wrote:AETEN had a character called William, but I don't think it's being used anymore. Don't know of any others.

Me. In fact, I thought I've used the search function to avoid this, but it must have slipped my mind...

I meant I didn't know of any others besides you and Aeten, but I guess there might be another I've forgotten.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:10 am

Ularn wrote:
Prince-Bishopric Of Liege wrote:

I meant I didn't know of any others besides you and Aeten, but I guess there might be another I've forgotten.
You? Forget something? Neeeeeever.

Also, just to be clear, Cobra Actual does know what Choker just asked for right?
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:34 am

Camicon wrote:
Nakarisaune wrote:Intelligent, but most are also dead, which doesn't give them much of an advantage.

That's debatable. What if there's an afterlife, and all the vampires are there wreaking havoc on the unsuspecting angels and cherubims?

If it is the D&D version of the afterlife, if they somehow ended up in the Seven Mounting Heavens of Celestia [Lawful Good heaven, which is next to Arcadia (Lawful Neutral with Good tendencies heaven) and Bytopia (Neutral Good with Lawful tendencies heaven)], archon Barachiel would stop them in Lunia easily should they have somehow gotten into the place without being Lawful Good (a tough thing to do for something that has to drink the blood of sentients). The entire place is surrounded by holy water, so the vampires are literally right next to a sea of a deadly weapon.

Camicon wrote:Makoto, officially Bramwell's friend (it's unconfirmed what their actual relationship is. Most of the students suspect them of being siblings. Rachael calls them the "Incest Twins"), is confined to a wheelchair and is being assisted by Sakura (an NPC controlled by Altruistic Paladins. Bramwell, Makoto, Sakura, a school doctor called Moreau, and the teacher called Joaquin, are all characters controlled by AP). She suffered a psychotic breakdown during a simulated training session (like what Erkenfried&Co. are currently in) the night before, and currently has little to no control over her physical movements (BTW, every one of AP's characters has some sort of mental disorder, or another. Bramwell has Aspergers, Makoto commonly suffers Brief Psychotic Disorders, Sakura is just plain-old fucked up, and Joaquin is eccentric to the point of insanity. We haven't seen enough of Doctor Moreau to know what's wrong with him. Yet. Right AP? :p ).

The exception that proves the rule is the unfortunately named Doctor Moreau. I wanted to make him a subversion of the "Mad Scientist" archetype, so having anything that would have him legally classified as "insane" was off the table. A minor correction is that Brief Psychotic Disorder is non-reocurring. She already had something else that provided two symptoms of it. Makoto just happens to be one of the few people that had an instance of Brief Psychotic Disorder below the age of 40. I just felt that I needed to be a jerk to the character since the goal of any writer is to create sympathetic characters and then do horrible things to them (it is questionable if I have achieved the first part yet). Effectively being incapable of talking or organized movement between a day's and month's time while having the added problems of catatonia that requires electro-convulsive therapy while being near a person that she has fears of is just the sort of cruel thing I needed to do.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:59 am

Altruistic Paladins wrote:
Camicon wrote:That's debatable. What if there's an afterlife, and all the vampires are there wreaking havoc on the unsuspecting angels and cherubims?

If it is the D&D version of the afterlife, if they somehow ended up in the Seven Mounting Heavens of Celestia [Lawful Good heaven, which is next to Arcadia (Lawful Neutral with Good tendencies heaven) and Bytopia (Neutral Good with Lawful tendencies heaven)], archon Barachiel would stop them in Lunia easily should they have somehow gotten into the place without being Lawful Good (a tough thing to do for something that has to drink the blood of sentients). The entire place is surrounded by holy water, so the vampires are literally right next to a sea of a deadly weapon.

Camicon wrote:Makoto, officially Bramwell's friend (it's unconfirmed what their actual relationship is. Most of the students suspect them of being siblings. Rachael calls them the "Incest Twins"), is confined to a wheelchair and is being assisted by Sakura (an NPC controlled by Altruistic Paladins. Bramwell, Makoto, Sakura, a school doctor called Moreau, and the teacher called Joaquin, are all characters controlled by AP). She suffered a psychotic breakdown during a simulated training session (like what Erkenfried&Co. are currently in) the night before, and currently has little to no control over her physical movements (BTW, every one of AP's characters has some sort of mental disorder, or another. Bramwell has Aspergers, Makoto commonly suffers Brief Psychotic Disorders, Sakura is just plain-old fucked up, and Joaquin is eccentric to the point of insanity. We haven't seen enough of Doctor Moreau to know what's wrong with him. Yet. Right AP? :p ).

The exception that proves the rule is the unfortunately named Doctor Moreau. I wanted to make him a subversion of the "Mad Scientist" archetype, so having anything that would have him legally classified as "insane" was off the table. A minor correction is that Brief Psychotic Disorder is non-reocurring. She already had something else that provided two symptoms of it. She just happens to be one of the few people that suffer it below the age of 40. I just felt that I needed to be a jerk to the character since the goal of any writer is to create sympathetic characters and then do horrible things to them (it is questionable if I have achieved the first part yet). Effectively being incapable of talking or organized movement between a day's and month's time while having the added problems of catatonia that requires electro-convulsive therapy while being near a person that she has fears of is just the sort of cruel thing I needed to do.
...good thing Burton most likely has your run-of the mill PTSD and survivors' guilt
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here

Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:04 am

Corrian wrote:
Nakarisaune wrote:Oh, perhaps she is, just a little...

Yep. The rest of us can only remember Finding Nemo.

WHY ARE THEY MAKING A FINDING NEMO 2?! SERIOUSLY! THE SAME WITH MONSTERS INC 2! IT LOOKED SO STUPID! STOP RUINING PIXAR DISNEY! ESPECIALLY SINCE WALT DISNEY WAS AGAINST SEQUELS!

And I've just never seen Lost in Space, is all.

And um, Camicon....you now need 1.3 million dollars

Whelp, looks like it's time to start playing the lottery. Unless anybody knows a different way for a university student to make a million and a half dollars?

No, Naka, I'm not going to rob a bank.
Last edited by Camicon on Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:00 am

Camicon wrote:
Corrian wrote:WHY ARE THEY MAKING A FINDING NEMO 2?! SERIOUSLY! THE SAME WITH MONSTERS INC 2! IT LOOKED SO STUPID! STOP RUINING PIXAR DISNEY! ESPECIALLY SINCE WALT DISNEY WAS AGAINST SEQUELS!

Whelp, looks like it's time to start playing the lottery. Unless anybody knows a different way for a university student to make a million and a half dollars?

Tomorrow's Euromillions is worth ~£119 million. I bought three tickets!
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:11 am

Ularn wrote:
Camicon wrote:Whelp, looks like it's time to start playing the lottery. Unless anybody knows a different way for a university student to make a million and a half dollars?

Tomorrow's Euromillions is worth ~£119 million. I bought three tickets!

Too bad I don't live in Europe then.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:12 am

Camicon wrote:
Ularn wrote:Tomorrow's Euromillions is worth ~£119 million. I bought three tickets!

Too bad I don't live in Europe then.

What's that? I couldn't hear you over the sound of my free healthcare! :rofl:
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:20 am

Ularn wrote:
Camicon wrote:Too bad I don't live in Europe then.

What's that? I couldn't hear you over the sound of my free healthcare! :rofl:
I couldn't hear you either over the sound of...um... our military-industrial complex? :?

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:00 pm

In other news, my graphics tablet arrived today. Meet Scott:
Still a ways to go :P
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:11 pm

Ularn wrote:In other news, my graphics tablet arrived today. Meet Scott:
(Image)

But that's how I imagined him to start with...
Don't worry. I'm just a bridge troll that feeds on forum drama.
Harbinger of the RP endtimes.
we will send a air stare on libya if they don't stop their attack
The krang countered the wave with something. And continued to try and take over the decepticon seeker.
Everybody! Can you stop saying that the cargo ship sinking we have done lately was a war crime. We were trying to economically destroy the UK.
Mair glows brightly and transforms in a human, wearing a white cloak, "leave us"
"FIRE IN THE HOE" he bellowed before triggering the explosive.
Julius Ceasar was a normal 14 year old who played Elder Tale in Russia.
We have already established, more powerful beings are not a proper weakness.

I miss Kare-bear :C

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:16 pm

Camicon wrote:
Corrian wrote:WHY ARE THEY MAKING A FINDING NEMO 2?! SERIOUSLY! THE SAME WITH MONSTERS INC 2! IT LOOKED SO STUPID! STOP RUINING PIXAR DISNEY! ESPECIALLY SINCE WALT DISNEY WAS AGAINST SEQUELS!

Oh you know you want to Cami. Don't resist the bank-robbing urges!
Ularn wrote:In other news, my graphics tablet arrived today. Meet Scott:
(Image)

Roxanne approves.
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:20 pm

Scott looks as if he encountered an error in the simulation.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Nfhd
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nfhd » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:30 pm

He made need some moor boosters in true kerbal fashion and some SAS, but then he will be done. Am I the only here that plays kerbal space program?
Last edited by Nfhd on Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:39 pm

Nfhd wrote:He made need some moor boosters in true kerbal fashion and some SAS, but then he will be done. Am I the only here that plays kerbal space program?

I know of its existance, though I am in the dark about any specific details.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:46 pm

Nfhd wrote:He made need some moor boosters in true kerbal fashion and some SAS, but then he will be done. Am I the only here that plays kerbal space program?

Yes, you are.
I abstain from games to prove my devotion.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse