NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High (old OOC, search for new one)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:29 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:Hint: That's why the dummies make those noises, to get the students used to the fact that what they're doing is going to hurt people, and they'd better square themselves up with that very fast if they want to go on field trips aka missions.

Note: Cassie is very against going on missions if she can help it, so that's not really a concern for her:P Tara will have to try to convince her to go to have any chance of her signing up for missions at all.

It doesn't bother Caitlin as much. Sure, she'd regret killing someone, or feel guilty beating someone up a lot, but she's had the mindset of wanting to be a Vigilante since she watched Batman or something. So she has pretty much expected to beat people up for a while to do Vigilante work, and is perfectly willing to sign up for missions to help out.

Camicon wrote:If Vincent beat up Cassie, he wouldn't live to see the morning.

And Cassie would get on Tara's case for overreacting :P
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Nfhd
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nfhd » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:48 pm

Christ, I just realized that WIll seems to be developing multiple personality disorder. Either I continue him down this path and make him develop a slight case of it or he could begin have his mental state begin to improve, though I can't decide which.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:13 am

Geez, we are on page 90 on the IC....I think this might be the biggest IC I've been a part of, on anything. Sure, Generation X got up there, but I think it was only in the 80's....can't remember entirely.
My Last.FM and RYM

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:24 am

Corrian wrote:Geez, we are on page 90 on the IC....I think this might be the biggest IC I've been a part of, on anything. Sure, Generation X got up there, but I think it was only in the 80's....can't remember entirely.

Generation X is on page 88, so not much different.
Times are looking grim these days~

Orinon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:51 am

Abigale is a hardcore bitch. This has now been established.
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:16 am

It's been close to 24 hours and ATEN II hasn't altered that post despite a mandate that the suppressors apply to his character as well...

MA, I'm requesting permission to retcon his student character out of the class.
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:28 am

Northern Dominus wrote:It's been close to 24 hours and ATEN II hasn't altered that post despite a mandate that the suppressors apply to his character as well...

MA, I'm requesting permission to retcon his student character out of the class.

Go ahead.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:57 am

Camicon wrote:
Procastitania wrote:I'm sure that Vincent would help quite happily.

If Vincent beat up Cassie, he wouldn't live to see the morning.

That would be a sentiment that one of my characters would share. Unilateral alliances make strange bedfellows.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:58 am

Um...what the hell is going on in class? Kershya care to explain?
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here

Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Kershya
Minister

Founded: Jan 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kershya » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:15 am

Northern Dominus wrote:Um...what the hell is going on in class? Kershya care to explain?

Simple, some pages ago, Shade made a blood compact with Antonio, who was fooled into doing it without him noticing, which Shade use as a way to make a bond between them. Shade then put the seal on Antonio, effectively sealing every other personality and Antonio away. The Lord of Shadow then freed the Antonio personality, who's bonded with Shade from the said blood compact, and made him the Duke of Night, either by proxy or as a regent. The corrupting influence of the Duchy on Antonio increase as time goes one. A mentally unhinged Antonio then felt the the bond between himself and Shade and uses that influence to corrupt Shade.

Gregorio already foreshadowed Shade's increase likelihood of insanity by the blood compact in an earlier post. And if you're wondering I planned this, its half and half, or maybe a quarter and three quarters. Most of it was just made on the spot then tied together later on.
Full Name:
The United Nine Constitutional Monarchies of Kershya

Economy

Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.72

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:19 am

Kershya wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:Um...what the hell is going on in class? Kershya care to explain?

Simple, some pages ago, Shade made a blood compact with Antonio, who was fooled into doing it without him noticing, which Shade use as a way to make a bond between them. Shade then put the seal on Antonio, effectively sealing every other personality and Antonio away. The Lord of Shadow then freed the Antonio personality, who's bonded with Shade from the said blood compact, and made him the Duke of Night, either by proxy or as a regent. The corrupting influence of the Duchy on Antonio increase as time goes one. A mentally unhinged Antonio then felt the the bond between himself and Shade and uses that influence to corrupt Shade.

Gregorio already foreshadowed Shade's increase likelihood of insanity by the blood compact in an earlier post. And if you're wondering I planned this, its half and half, or maybe a quarter and three quarters. Most of it was just made on the spot then tied together later on.
...who are Gregorio and Tobias? I don't see bios for either of them.

And the same rule applies to you as it does ATEN II. THe vests are fitted with power suppressors so Shade wouldn't be smoking or causing havoc via superpowers.

Kershya
Minister

Postby Kershya » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:34 am

Northern Dominus wrote:
Kershya wrote:

...who are Gregorio and Tobias? I don't see bios for either of them.

And the same rule applies to you as it does ATEN II. THe vests are fitted with power suppressors so Shade wouldn't be smoking or causing havoc via superpowers.

Gregorio and Tobias are NPCs, like Sakura. The vest is working but the corruption is just over the vest's capacity to suppress, so not all of it came out. Did you read Gregorio's thought on the vest and how he doesn't want to know what might happen if Shade didn't wear it. A few more power suppressors would likely stop the corruption from coming out.
Full Name:

Economy

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:42 am

Kershya wrote:Gregorio and Tobias are NPCs, like Sakura. The vest is working but the corruption is just over the vest's capacity to suppress, so not all of it came out. Did you read Gregorio's thought on the vest and how he doesn't want to know what might happen if Shade didn't wear it. A few more power suppressors would likely stop the corruption from coming out.

The vest actually only suppresses the ability of the individual to use their powers, so unless the corruption is Shade using a power of his own it wouldn't be affected, and if it is a power of his it would be entirely negated.

You really should have spoken to ND before starting something like this during his class.

Kershya
Minister

Postby Kershya » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:47 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Kershya wrote:Gregorio and Tobias are NPCs, like Sakura. The vest is working but the corruption is just over the vest's capacity to suppress, so not all of it came out. Did you read Gregorio's thought on the vest and how he doesn't want to know what might happen if Shade didn't wear it. A few more power suppressors would likely stop the corruption from coming out.

The vest actually only suppresses the ability of the individual to use their powers, so unless the corruption is Shade using a power of his own it wouldn't be affected, and if it is a power of his it would be entirely negated.

You really should have spoken to ND before starting something like this during his class.

If that's the case, then that would make quite a headache, since Shade and Antonio's bond, their relation to each other (being differing personalities of the same person), Shade controlling Antonio's body, and a rather specific negating ability of the vest.

Since an insane Antonio in the Duchy of Night is using the bond from the blood compact to corrupt Shade, who's wearing a power suppressor vest that won't suppress the corruption but Shade and Antonio are technically the same person, so does the vest completely cancels the corruption since its on Antonio's body or not since its Shade who's controlling it?

No one said that I need to ask ND, and I rarely read the OOC properly. But I know there's at least two RPers who's realism-oriented.
Last edited by Kershya on Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Full Name:

Economy

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:58 am

Kershya wrote:No one said that I need to ask ND, and I rarely read the OOC properly. But I know there's at least two RPers who's realism-oriented.

Well, I just usually assume it's nice to ask the teacher, or the OP, before doing something major, in case it conflicts with their plans, or they don't want any specific events breaking out. Like if the school was suddenly going to be blown up by a student, that obviously wouldn't be good to just do. Though, I wouldn't put it past some people to do that (Not saying you, I'm pretty much referring to people who aren't in the thread that I've RP'd with I could see doing that).

So yeah, it's probably just nice to ask the person playing the teacher before you have some major event unfold during their class.
My Last.FM and RYM

Kershya
Minister

Postby Kershya » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:01 am

Corrian wrote:
Kershya wrote:No one said that I need to ask ND, and I rarely read the OOC properly. But I know there's at least two RPers who's realism-oriented.

Well, I just usually assume it's nice to ask the teacher, or the OP, before doing something major, in case it conflicts with their plans, or they don't want any specific events breaking out. Like if the school was suddenly going to be blown up by a student, that obviously wouldn't be good to just do. Though, I wouldn't put it past some people to do that (Not saying you, I'm pretty much referring to people who aren't in the thread that I've RP'd with I could see doing that).

So yeah, it's probably just nice to ask the person playing the teacher before you have some major event unfold during their class.

Yeah, on hindsight, I should have done that first, since MA already planned some things already.
Full Name:

Economy

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:35 am

Kershya wrote:If that's the case, then that would make quite a headache, since Shade and Antonio's bond, their relation to each other (being differing personalities of the same person), Shade controlling Antonio's body, and a rather specific negating ability of the vest.

Since an insane Antonio in the Duchy of Night is using the bond from the blood compact to corrupt Shade, who's wearing a power suppressor vest that won't suppress the corruption but Shade and Antonio are technically the same person, so does the vest completely cancels the corruption since its on Antonio's body or not since its Shade who's controlling it?

No one said that I need to ask ND, and I rarely read the OOC properly. But I know there's at least two RPers who's realism-oriented.

The only really relevant thing as for who the vest affects is who occupies the body wearing the vest, the effect of it doesn't go further than that.

Kershya
Minister

Postby Kershya » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:49 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Kershya wrote:If that's the case, then that would make quite a headache, since Shade and Antonio's bond, their relation to each other (being differing personalities of the same person), Shade controlling Antonio's body, and a rather specific negating ability of the vest.

The only really relevant thing as for who the vest affects is who occupies the body wearing the vest, the effect of it doesn't go further than that.

Then that would mean that the vest has no effect on the smoke since its from Antonio, not Shade. It also implies that the smoke only starts to come out at its weak strength, not weaken by the vest when it should be at full power. And that Gregorio thought that the vest is working, when it actually isn't.

You got to love flexible story writing sometimes.
Full Name:

Economy

Nfhd
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nfhd » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:49 am

Corrian do you think it would be a good idea for Will and Catlin to partner up for self-defence, or do you have other plans for her?

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:55 am

Kershya wrote:Then that would mean that the vest has no effect on the smoke since its from Antonio, not Shade. It also implies that the smoke only starts to come out at its weak strength, not weaken by the vest when it should be at full power. And that Gregorio thought that the vest is working, when it actually isn't.

You got to love flexible story writing sometimes.

Pretty much. Only the large power suppressors can totally suppress all effects of power use within an area.

You should talk to ND before escalating the situation any more though.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:56 am

Kershya wrote:
Mighty Asgard wrote:The vest actually only suppresses the ability of the individual to use their powers, so unless the corruption is Shade using a power of his own it wouldn't be affected, and if it is a power of his it would be entirely negated.

If that's the case, then that would make quite a headache, since Shade and Antonio's bond, their relation to each other (being differing personalities of the same person), Shade controlling Antonio's body, and a rather specific negating ability of the vest.

It's not the realism oriented thing. We've already had a big focus on Antonio/Shade/Whatever, give it a rest. This isn't an RP where your characters dictate the action so it's not exactly endearing to make every scene about your characters' personal crises.

I hate to be "that guy" but to me there are other interesting stories that could be explored, such as Jay gaining confidence while experiencing blindness again, or Caitlin coming out of her shell a bit.
Last edited by Northern Dominus on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:07 pm

Nfhd wrote:Corrian do you think it would be a good idea for Will and Catlin to partner up for self-defence, or do you have other plans for her?

That's fine. Caitlin's just...standing there, because for some strange reason the social person unlike Cassie doesn't have any friends. Which solely has to do with the fact I haven't developed her enough yet, so she hasn't really had any interactions with people....

And I forgot I actually have some things to respond to.....
My Last.FM and RYM

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:13 pm

I'll put it to a straw poll; am I being excessively picky, or does anybody else think that two threads in a row dealing with one characters issues at the detriment to other students is excessive, especially with an ensemble cast?

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:19 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:I'll put it to a straw poll; am I being excessively picky, or does anybody else think that two threads in a row dealing with one characters issues at the detriment to other students is excessive, especially with an ensemble cast?

I meant to agree with your last post...so no, I don't think it's excessively picky. I'm perfectly fine with someone developing their character (obviously), but I agree, it seems excessive.
My Last.FM and RYM

Nfhd
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nfhd » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:19 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:I'll put it to a straw poll; am I being excessively picky, or does anybody else think that two threads in a row dealing with one characters issues at the detriment to other students is excessive, especially with an ensemble cast?

What does ensemble cast mean?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse