NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High (old OOC, search for new one)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:43 pm

Spirit of Hope wrote:Question, are you guys still taking applications? Should I wait for another time/thread? I've just been observing this thread for a little and it looks interesting.

It seems to be always open:P I just assume since it says 'open' that's it open, but I dunno.

Orinon wrote:HERE WE GO.

You remember my old characters? How they had escaped a war that nearly resulted in their world's destruction?

Consider that the good future.

These lot come from the bad future.

List of differences:
- Rainia Wars happened a LOT earlier, and the Colonies got their shit ripped up when the Avaloni attacked their home system, to the point where Magni, the 6th Colony, was reduced to a uninhabitable wasteland of a planet.
- The Colonies descended into civil war after the Wars ended, due to economic stress and the desire to get revenge on the Avaloni for Magni.
- The Moyle family lost a good deal of its members during the Wars and the Civil War, to the point where Josh, Goltia, Abigale and Markus are the only survivors (compared to the originals, who still had parents and even grandparents).

Actual character apps:
Name: Abigale Moyle
Nationality: Former Colonies of Orinon citizen
Height: 5" 3'
Weight: 65kg
Hair: Reddish brown, hip length.
Eyes: One brown, the other blood red
Costume (if any): Only consistent item of clothing is a brown body length coat.
Abilities: Superhuman intelligence, short range teleportation (within 20 metres, requires line of sight)
Subjects: Science, General Mathematics.
Brief Bio: Abigale Moyle was a budding scientific genius, already heralded as the brightest mind of her generation. However, in a Colonies tearing themselves apart in civil war, she found herself considered a prize instead of a human being; Having designed a far more powerful form of FTL then the standard Robertson-Kawison Jump Drive, whatever faction had control of her, and therefore her research, held a massive advantage. After three years of being on the run, Abigale's somewhat legendary patience snapped, along with a good deal of her sanity. The next strike force sent to capture found themselves greeted by the shredded corpses of the last, and very quickly joined them. She was soon deemed not worth the human cost to capture.

Left alone, she worked on her design, and finally unveiled it at a peace conference being held on Rainia, the only Colony not to take a side. She then blindsided the Colonial factions by refusing to give them the technology, gifting it instead to the Cylon Colony of Serenity, and deleted and destroyed all hard copies (aside from one) for good measure. She then left the Colonies with what remained of her family, leaving behind the corpses of several assassins as a warning to all those who would follow.

Abigale outside of combat is a friendly, if somewhat eccentric, young woman. In combat, however, she is overcome by bloodlust, and tends to do her best to spill as much of it as possible, typically with a knife or three.

Name: Markus "Gunslinger" Moyle
Nationality: Former Colonial citizen
Height: 5" 11'
Weight: 85kg (92kg with artificial arm)
Hair: Most say its dark blonde, Markus says its sandy brown
Eyes: Has Heterochromia: One eye is deep blue, the other hazel brown.
Costume (if any): Only constant is his black jacket. Tends to wear black or urban camo though.
Abilities: Accelerated healing factor, incredibly quick reflexes.
Subjects: Whatever they can come up with, (OOC: I would suggest putting him on VIP/ Student Recovery or Security. Up to you Mighty)
Brief Bio: Markus Moyle, more commonly called Gunslinger, is one of the few remaining agents of the Office of Navel Intelligence (AKA ONI) still alive after 5 years of civil war, and the only remaining member of the Spartan III project, which strived to create super soldiers for use during the Rainia Wars. During the project, Markus was subjected to bio augmentation, via drugs and surgery, resulting in his increased reflexes and speed. However, the project was shut down (via orbital bombardment of the facility) before Markus had further augmentation.

After the Wars finished, the Colonies fractured and everything generally went to hell on an express elevator, Markus found himself being pulled at by several factions, all hoping to recruit them. He told all of them to shove it, and shot dead anyone they sent after him. After five attempts on his life, Markus decided that enough was enough and relocated to Rainia, alongside his younger sisters and brother. When Abigale left the Colonies, and the Star Desert, behind, Markus went with her, more out of protective instinct then anything else.

Markus's left arm is artificial from the shoulder down, due to him losing it during a mission 4 years ago. Although it's stronger then his real arm, Markus still prefers his right hand and arm, and wears gloves and full length shirts if deprived of his jacket.

Name: "Kara", Full title: Colonial Military Serria Class Defense Artificial Intelligence ID 00001
Nationality: None, declares that she'll only listen to Markus and Abigale.
Height: Varying
Weight: Nill
Hair: Deep blue, hip length
Eyes: Aqua blue
Costume (if any): Tends to default to a stereotypical schoolgirl outfit (according to Markus, the result of her watching too much animated shows)
Abilities: No abilities in the normal sense.
Brief Bio: Kara is a Colonial Serria Class AI, created in response to the Avaloni's almost complete dominance in cyber and electronic warfare. Although she was considered less powerful then the AI's that the Avaloni fielded, she had one massive advantage over them: Instead of being coded and therefore having a limited number of responses (A "dumb" AI), Kara was created by data mapping the neural pathways of one Abigale Moyle, or rather a flashclone of her brain, since the process destroys the tissue involved. Once the Wars were over, and the Colonies began to crumble from within, Kara was "liberated" from ONI Headquarters by Markus, and has remained in either his or Abigale's hands ever since.

Abigale declared Kara rampant nearly a year ago, but when Kara revealed that she not only wanted to protect her "mother" and Markus, but also her willingness to help Abigale in her research, Abigale refrained from deleting her. Whether it was out of compassion or simply because two of her is better then one, no one knows

Name: Joshua Moyle
Nationality: Former Colonial Citizen, Citizen of the Independent Colony of Rainia.
Height: 5" 5'
Weight: 65g
Hair: Black
Eyes: Deep blue
Costume (if any): Black zipup hoodie with a white hood and black hiking boots. Everything else is varying. Prefers black and white clothing though.
Abilities: Energy manipulation
Alignment: Vigilante
Brief Bio: Joshua Moyle is a very troubled teenager, and for damn good reason. Unlike his bloodcrazed younger sister or his military elder brother, he and his twin Goltia were trying to live normal lives prior to the Second Colonial Civil War. When the Rainia Wars ended and the Civil War began, he and Goltia immediately fled to Rainia, along with their childhood friend Grace. Once there, they attempted to rebuild their lives. For a while, they were successful.

On the day of the Twin's 16th birthday, the peace conference held by the Rainian government was coming to a close, and Abigale had declared her intent to leave the Colonies, a few of the Colonial factions sent people after Abigale and her family, the Twins included. When a armed group broke into their home, Grace was captured and taken awake. Before Josh could attack the attackers though, Abigale slaughtered them in a blur of steel and teleportation. As the Moyle family prepared to leave the Colony, Goltia decided to stay behind, both to watch over their home and to find Grace. When Josh tried to stop her from staying, Abigale knocked him out and threw him into a cyrosleep pod.

Niice. Looks like you have a lot of idea's.

Ularn wrote:
Corrian wrote:No idea what Flobots is.

They're a rock/hiphop band who were kind of famous around 2008 when their single Handlebars came out. It's not usually my sort of music, but this album, Fight With Tools, really gets your blood going and makes you want to throw molotovs at riot police. I was listening it when I came up with the ideas for what Scott might do while on his bus:

1. There's a War Going On for Your Mind
  2. Mayday!!!
  3. Same Thing
  4. Stand Up2
  5. Fight With Tools
  6. Handlebars1
  7. Never Had It
  8. Combat
  9. The Rhythm Method (Move!)
  10. Anne Braden3
  11. We Are Winning
  12. Rise4
  13. Iraq5

1 If nothing else, listen to this one
2 And this one...
3 Maybe this one as well?
4 Also this one
5Just listen to the whole thing!

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of hip-hop/rap. That's one of the genre's that's the hardest for me to like anything of. BUT I'm still going through the songs, because I love to explore new music, which is a big part of what I do that doesn't involve role playing on here.

So far from what I've heard, the songs have a good message (in my opinion), and as far as hip-hop/rap goes (I really don't know the difference), it's not bad. More creative as well. Though, your 4th link didn't work for me.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:59 pm

Ularn wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:Oooohkay....and is that the one coming up after the timeskip or what?

Probably. Scott's going on a bus shortly, but I'm still working out the details with MA via TG.

Funny story; I actually let the decision of what happened to Scott hinge entirely on Anderson's response to Scott's demand for an apology. If he'd said sorry, Scott would be staying in the RP. Still wondering why I put the fate of one of my favourite RP characters in the hands of another player without even telling them properly that I was doing so, but anyway... :P
Well if you REALLY want Scott to teach the next IC class then you're more than welcome to it.

If not, as the interim Self-Defense instructor Burton will be having his class after the timeskip, again providing that the Ularny one doesn't want the next slot.
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:03 pm

Corrian wrote:Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of hip-hop/rap. That's one of the genre's that's the hardest for me to like anything of. BUT I'm still going through the songs, because I love to explore new music, which is a big part of what I do that doesn't involve role playing on here.

So far from what I've heard, the songs have a good message (in my opinion), and as far as hip-hop/rap goes (I really don't know the difference), it's not bad. More creative as well. Though, your 4th link didn't work for me.

Oops; I ballsed up the address and pasted it twice in the tags. Here ya go: http://youtu.be/43ipHRTkvWM

And I'm not generally a hiphip fan either, but I think that's significantly because I have a problems with the message in most of it. I can enjoy Eminem if I switch my brain off and ignore the sexism and violence but that's usually about it.
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:32 pm

Ularn wrote:
Corrian wrote:Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of hip-hop/rap. That's one of the genre's that's the hardest for me to like anything of. BUT I'm still going through the songs, because I love to explore new music, which is a big part of what I do that doesn't involve role playing on here.

Oops; I ballsed up the address and pasted it twice in the tags. Here ya go: http://youtu.be/43ipHRTkvWM

And I'm not generally a hiphip fan either, but I think that's significantly because I have a problems with the message in most of it. I can enjoy Eminem if I switch my brain off and ignore the sexism and violence but that's usually about it.

Hey, I actually know the Handlebars one. I've heard it on the radio about 3 times at least. And, as far as hip-hop/rap goes, I don't mind that song at all. And thanks for the new link!

Exceptions with hip-hop/rap for me:
This Eminem song and probably ONLY this Eminem song, solely because of the message behind it. Which, gives you a likely obvious stance on my opinion related to that....
This one because of the strange mix of awesome singing (I dig that type of singing at the start), then the sudden rap mixed in with it....and I can't understand the lyrics, so I don't know if it's sexual or not.
This one and a few other Gorillaz songs I like.
This one because it was like my favorite music video when I was 7 or 8? So it's kind of...nostalgic. Though, I still like the song.

And am I the only one that, even though it doesn't matter at all in an RP the slightest, I like to find songs that can relate to my characters? Like the one I posted...yesterday? I just enjoy finding songs with lyric's that relate to my characters. And finding music that works well for particular scenes, like the Vale of Plenty song being great for if we have a sad moment (along with a lot of songs I know), even if it's not like the song is going to play then. Doesn't mean I won't listen to it during a sad moment, because I do that a lot when RP'ing: Listening to music appropriate for what's going on.
My Last.FM and RYM

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:59 pm

Orinon wrote:HERE WE GO.

You remember my old characters? How they had escaped a war that nearly resulted in their world's destruction?

Consider that the good future.

These lot come from the bad future.

List of differences:
- Rainia Wars happened a LOT earlier, and the Colonies got their shit ripped up when the Avaloni attacked their home system, to the point where Magni, the 6th Colony, was reduced to a uninhabitable wasteland of a planet.
- The Colonies descended into civil war after the Wars ended, due to economic stress and the desire to get revenge on the Avaloni for Magni.
- The Moyle family lost a good deal of its members during the Wars and the Civil War, to the point where Josh, Goltia, Abigale and Markus are the only survivors (compared to the originals, who still had parents and even grandparents).

Actual character apps:
Name: Abigale Moyle
Nationality: Former Colonies of Orinon citizen
Height: 5" 3'
Weight: 65kg
Hair: Reddish brown, hip length.
Eyes: One brown, the other blood red
Costume (if any): Only consistent item of clothing is a brown body length coat.
Abilities: Superhuman intelligence, short range teleportation (within 20 metres, requires line of sight)
Subjects: Science, General Mathematics.
Brief Bio: Abigale Moyle was a budding scientific genius, already heralded as the brightest mind of her generation. However, in a Colonies tearing themselves apart in civil war, she found herself considered a prize instead of a human being; Having designed a far more powerful form of FTL then the standard Robertson-Kawison Jump Drive, whatever faction had control of her, and therefore her research, held a massive advantage. After three years of being on the run, Abigale's somewhat legendary patience snapped, along with a good deal of her sanity. The next strike force sent to capture found themselves greeted by the shredded corpses of the last, and very quickly joined them. She was soon deemed not worth the human cost to capture.

Left alone, she worked on her design, and finally unveiled it at a peace conference being held on Rainia, the only Colony not to take a side. She then blindsided the Colonial factions by refusing to give them the technology, gifting it instead to the Cylon Colony of Serenity, and deleted and destroyed all hard copies (aside from one) for good measure. She then left the Colonies with what remained of her family, leaving behind the corpses of several assassins as a warning to all those who would follow.

Abigale outside of combat is a friendly, if somewhat eccentric, young woman. In combat, however, she is overcome by bloodlust, and tends to do her best to spill as much of it as possible, typically with a knife or three.

Name: Markus "Gunslinger" Moyle
Nationality: Former Colonial citizen
Height: 5" 11'
Weight: 85kg (92kg with artificial arm)
Hair: Most say its dark blonde, Markus says its sandy brown
Eyes: Has Heterochromia: One eye is deep blue, the other hazel brown.
Costume (if any): Only constant is his black jacket. Tends to wear black or urban camo though.
Abilities: Accelerated healing factor, incredibly quick reflexes.
Subjects: Whatever they can come up with, (OOC: I would suggest putting him on VIP/ Student Recovery or Security. Up to you Mighty)
Brief Bio: Markus Moyle, more commonly called Gunslinger, is one of the few remaining agents of the Office of Navel Intelligence (AKA ONI) still alive after 5 years of civil war, and the only remaining member of the Spartan III project, which strived to create super soldiers for use during the Rainia Wars. During the project, Markus was subjected to bio augmentation, via drugs and surgery, resulting in his increased reflexes and speed. However, the project was shut down (via orbital bombardment of the facility) before Markus had further augmentation.

After the Wars finished, the Colonies fractured and everything generally went to hell on an express elevator, Markus found himself being pulled at by several factions, all hoping to recruit them. He told all of them to shove it, and shot dead anyone they sent after him. After five attempts on his life, Markus decided that enough was enough and relocated to Rainia, alongside his younger sisters and brother. When Abigale left the Colonies, and the Star Desert, behind, Markus went with her, more out of protective instinct then anything else.

Markus's left arm is artificial from the shoulder down, due to him losing it during a mission 4 years ago. Although it's stronger then his real arm, Markus still prefers his right hand and arm, and wears gloves and full length shirts if deprived of his jacket.

Name: "Kara", Full title: Colonial Military Serria Class Defense Artificial Intelligence ID 00001
Nationality: None, declares that she'll only listen to Markus and Abigale.
Height: Varying
Weight: Nill
Hair: Deep blue, hip length
Eyes: Aqua blue
Costume (if any): Tends to default to a stereotypical schoolgirl outfit (according to Markus, the result of her watching too much animated shows)
Abilities: No abilities in the normal sense.
Brief Bio: Kara is a Colonial Serria Class AI, created in response to the Avaloni's almost complete dominance in cyber and electronic warfare. Although she was considered less powerful then the AI's that the Avaloni fielded, she had one massive advantage over them: Instead of being coded and therefore having a limited number of responses (A "dumb" AI), Kara was created by data mapping the neural pathways of one Abigale Moyle, or rather a flashclone of her brain, since the process destroys the tissue involved. Once the Wars were over, and the Colonies began to crumble from within, Kara was "liberated" from ONI Headquarters by Markus, and has remained in either his or Abigale's hands ever since.

Abigale declared Kara rampant nearly a year ago, but when Kara revealed that she not only wanted to protect her "mother" and Markus, but also her willingness to help Abigale in her research, Abigale refrained from deleting her. Whether it was out of compassion or simply because two of her is better then one, no one knows

Name: Joshua Moyle
Nationality: Former Colonial Citizen, Citizen of the Independent Colony of Rainia.
Height: 5" 5'
Weight: 65g
Hair: Black
Eyes: Deep blue
Costume (if any): Black zipup hoodie with a white hood and black hiking boots. Everything else is varying. Prefers black and white clothing though.
Abilities: Energy manipulation
Alignment: Vigilante
Brief Bio: Joshua Moyle is a very troubled teenager, and for damn good reason. Unlike his bloodcrazed younger sister or his military elder brother, he and his twin Goltia were trying to live normal lives prior to the Second Colonial Civil War. When the Rainia Wars ended and the Civil War began, he and Goltia immediately fled to Rainia, along with their childhood friend Grace. Once there, they attempted to rebuild their lives. For a while, they were successful.

On the day of the Twin's 16th birthday, the peace conference held by the Rainian government was coming to a close, and Abigale had declared her intent to leave the Colonies, a few of the Colonial factions sent people after Abigale and her family, the Twins included. When a armed group broke into their home, Grace was captured and taken awake. Before Josh could attack the attackers though, Abigale slaughtered them in a blur of steel and teleportation. As the Moyle family prepared to leave the Colony, Goltia decided to stay behind, both to watch over their home and to find Grace. When Josh tried to stop her from staying, Abigale knocked him out and threw him into a cyrosleep pod.

Accepted. For convenience's sake, the existence of your old characters is simply retconned away. Also, two notes about these characters: The AI wouldn't even be allowed near any important systems, and Markus would probably fit best as part of the guard force.

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:09 pm

Mighty are you still accepting outsiders (if I through a character together) or should I wait for another time/thread?
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:11 pm

Spirit of Hope wrote:Mighty are you still accepting outsiders (if I through a character together) or should I wait for another time/thread?

Thread is still open.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:40 pm

So, if Jay were to have a seeing-eye/guide dog, any ideas on how it would get to the school?
Times are looking grim these days~

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:06 pm

Terintania wrote:So, if Jay were to have a seeing-eye/guide dog, any ideas on how it would get to the school?
Brought up on the next shuttle?
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here

Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:10 pm

Terintania wrote:So, if Jay were to have a seeing-eye/guide dog, any ideas on how it would get to the school?

Brought to the station during the impending timeskip?

Also a notice for everyone, I will be doing a timeskip of eleven days in my next post, probably tomorrow.

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 17, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakarisaune » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:13 pm

I really need to stop reading the OOC before the IC. Fucking self-inflicted spoilers...

Anyway, time to grab something new from Naka's Magic Plan Box!
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:20 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:

Brought to the station during the impending timeskip?

Also a notice for everyone, I will be doing a timeskip of eleven days in my next post, probably tomorrow.

I think I'll do that. Just say it got brought there sometime in the eleven days.

And, Ok
Times are looking grim these days~

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:21 pm

Nakarisaune wrote:I really need to stop reading the OOC before the IC. Fucking self-inflicted spoilers...

D'oh.

And is that the same box where you keep your My little Pony: Friendship is Magic fanfics and poster of your favorite NSGer of the hour as well?

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:28 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
Nakarisaune wrote:I really need to stop reading the OOC before the IC. Fucking self-inflicted spoilers...

D'oh.

And is that the same box where you keep your My little Pony: Friendship is Magic fanfics and poster of your favorite NSGer of the hour as well?

No, I keep the clopfics in Naka's Magic Harmony box and the posters in Naka's Magic Dungeon. Organization is key!
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:33 pm

Nakarisaune wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:D'oh.

No, I keep the clopfics in Naka's Magic Harmony box and the posters in Naka's Magic Dungeon. Organization is key!
Ah, very true.... wait what other deviant ideas do you keep in your Magic Plan Box... :shock:

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:35 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:

D'oh.

I better be on one of those posters!
Last edited by Corrian on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:36 pm

Corrian wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:D'oh.

I better be one of those posters!

Oh no, you don't get a poster.

You get a cell, a special cell in her dungeon.

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:39 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
Nakarisaune wrote:No, I keep the clopfics in Naka's Magic Harmony box and the posters in Naka's Magic Dungeon. Organization is key!
Ah, very true.... wait what other deviant ideas do you keep in your Magic Plan Box... :shock:

Nothing much, just a few packets of insults, a bunch of unused plots, and rather disturbing revelations about Ruby. What would you expect?

@Corrian: You're my fiance, you automatically get a place.

Orinon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:49 pm

Considering the AI is cloned from a bloodcrazed, superintelligent, teleporting, stab-happy bitch, not allowing access to important systems is a good idea :P

Also, I knew I left something out in my explanations (And all explanations for all my previous characters).

Homo sapiens terrvas is the scientific name for my Colonials. They are a subspecies of humanity which have adapted to live on a world with slightly higher gravity then Earth (about 1.2 Earth norm), on which exists a ecosystem in which the top predator is a (on average) 3 metre long boar with 60cm long tusks and a habit of eating anything and everything it can gore, kick and bite to death. This includes humans.

The whole higher gravity thing isn't much, tbh. You'll just be hardpressed to beat them in arm wrestling and Earthborn characters would feel like there's a small lead weight on each shoulder if they were to step onto a Colonial ship (which may or may not happen, depending on what I decide to do with my characters).

I'll wait for the timeskip to intro my characters.
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Nfhd
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nfhd » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:10 pm

How much can we have our characters develop over the time skip. Since right now I have Will reading books about bombs, shockwaves, and the effects of explosions on a human body, would it be overpowered to say he mastered the pressure sphere during the time skip or would it be more appropriated to leave him on the cusp of finishing it and have him finish it after the time skip?

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:16 pm

Nfhd wrote:How much can we have our characters develop over the time skip. Since right now I have Will reading books about bombs, shockwaves, and the effects of explosions on a human body, would it be overpowered to say he mastered the pressure sphere during the time skip or would it be more appropriated to leave him on the cusp of finishing it and have him finish it after the time skip?

Honestly, eleven days isn't a very long time. It wouldn't be overpowered for him to learn how to create a pressure sphere, but having him entirely mastering it in eleven days would be rather weird in my opinion. It's up to you how you want to portray your character though.

Nfhd
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nfhd » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:29 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Nfhd wrote:How much can we have our characters develop over the time skip. Since right now I have Will reading books about bombs, shockwaves, and the effects of explosions on a human body, would it be overpowered to say he mastered the pressure sphere during the time skip or would it be more appropriated to leave him on the cusp of finishing it and have him finish it after the time skip?

Honestly, eleven days isn't a very long time. It wouldn't be overpowered for him to learn how to create a pressure sphere, but having him entirely mastering it in eleven days would be rather weird in my opinion. It's up to you how you want to portray your character though.

Okay, I'll have him make a basic crude form of it which will basically cause large amounts of collateral damage and it will have a long charge up time, but he will still be working on it for a while longer on trying to get the pressure right, and to probably be able to control the amount of damage, and charge up time.

Yesopalitha
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Yesopalitha » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:44 pm

My apologies, everyone, but with the school term approaching, I find myself not having the time to do both NSSport and In-Character RPs, and for the time being, NSSport has my heart. I thank you for accepting me into the group, and I wish you all happy RPing as you continue this story (which is a great story by the way). I foresee myself returning to join another IC RP sometime in the future, but when that will be, I do not know.

You may do with my character as you please. Kill them, make them your pawn, sacrifice them..

Thanks, and goodbye, for now.
Motto: Perseverantia saeculorum Note: I prefer to be known as YSP over YES if you use abbreviations.
Proud Original Member of Mystria

Puppet Nation of Chromatika

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:17 pm

MA, if it could be possible do you think Chram could stay in the detention cells?
Don't worry. I'm just a bridge troll that feeds on forum drama.
Harbinger of the RP endtimes.
we will send a air stare on libya if they don't stop their attack
The krang countered the wave with something. And continued to try and take over the decepticon seeker.
Everybody! Can you stop saying that the cargo ship sinking we have done lately was a war crime. We were trying to economically destroy the UK.
Mair glows brightly and transforms in a human, wearing a white cloak, "leave us"
"FIRE IN THE HOE" he bellowed before triggering the explosive.
Julius Ceasar was a normal 14 year old who played Elder Tale in Russia.
We have already established, more powerful beings are not a proper weakness.

I miss Kare-bear :C

Orinon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:23 pm

I blame repeated watchings of Evangelion for the general fucked-up-ness of my characters. >.>
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse