NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High (old OOC, search for new one)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:49 am

You see, my excuse for why Chram was mauling the punching bag is that she was trying to gauge how much power she can hold back when her new muscle restrainers are offline.
Is this acceptable or do I need to think of something else?
Don't worry. I'm just a bridge troll that feeds on forum drama.
Harbinger of the RP endtimes.
we will send a air stare on libya if they don't stop their attack
The krang countered the wave with something. And continued to try and take over the decepticon seeker.
Everybody! Can you stop saying that the cargo ship sinking we have done lately was a war crime. We were trying to economically destroy the UK.
Mair glows brightly and transforms in a human, wearing a white cloak, "leave us"
"FIRE IN THE HOE" he bellowed before triggering the explosive.
Julius Ceasar was a normal 14 year old who played Elder Tale in Russia.
We have already established, more powerful beings are not a proper weakness.

I miss Kare-bear :C

Ranbo
Minister

Founded: Aug 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ranbo » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:47 am

Yeah, my post was a little shorter than I'd like, but it's a good way to keep things rolling. Now, I'm basically holed up until a time-slip to tommorrow, but hey, more relaxation time for me—no complaints there.
Last Edited by Charlie at 4:00 Oogle Time, 1,000,000 times in total

I am from the States of America. I dropped the United a hell of a while ago.
Bhastion Brews. For the coffee lover in you.

Jenrak, kick cancer in the face. We're all proud of your courage.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:19 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:You see, my excuse for why Chram was mauling the punching bag is that she was trying to gauge how much power she can hold back when her new muscle restrainers are offline.

Don't see why that wouldn't be acceptable. Though I could see the janitors getting upset with her when they have to clean up afterwards, but that's what the school pays them for.

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:47 pm

You can destroy anything with sound. Given time and a large series of a soundspeakers, you could destroy a skyscraper (LOTS of soundspeakers. But still). That's why humans can shatter glass, they reach the frequency at which it resonates. Erkenfried takes this and turns it into a superpower. (But because he has to force air and use his vocal cords, the maximum time he can do a burst is a minute and a half)
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:48 pm

AETEN II wrote:You can destroy anything with sound. Given time and a large series of a soundspeakers, you could destroy a skyscraper (LOTS of soundspeakers. But still). That's why humans can shatter glass, they reach the frequency at which it resonates. Erkenfried takes this and turns it into a superpower. (But because he has to force air and use his vocal cords, the maximum time he can do a burst is a minute and a half)

And my character controls vibrations. He is God.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:15 pm

Holy fuck. He is. He could destroy the entire station. He could shatter Wolverine's admantanium skeleton.

Also, Erkenfried can liquify organs with a fairly easy sonic pulse that sucks out all air. The best defense is to wear thick full-body armor. A bombsuit for example would buffer against the burst. Kevlar would work as well, but you need to protect the head. I'd also imagine males would want to cover their testicals from bursting as well.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:16 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:You see, my excuse for why Chram was mauling the punching bag is that she was trying to gauge how much power she can hold back when her new muscle restrainers are offline.

Don't see why that wouldn't be acceptable. Though I could see the janitors getting upset with her when they have to clean up afterwards, but that's what the school pays them for.

"I'll let the night guy get it."

Onto something which does not involve a "Shout Out", would not Erkenfried be limited to whatever his lung capacity is and however healthy his lungs are, or does he have a secondary superpower of Superman's? If it is the former, then I guess smokers and Los Angeles would be his worst enemies.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:23 pm

AETEN II wrote:Holy fuck. He is. He could destroy the entire station. He could shatter Wolverine's admantanium skeleton.

Also, Erkenfried can liquify organs with a fairly easy sonic pulse that sucks out all air. The best defense is to wear thick full-body armor. A bombsuit for example would buffer against the burst. Kevlar would work as well, but you need to protect the head. I'd also imagine males would want to cover their testicals from bursting as well.

Okay. are you balancing this insta-kill which you describe? Say, by making the range really bad (100m is not bad; that's probably longer than Scott can accurately throw fireballs) or making him take a while to charge up before the power can be used? Given he's a student, you should probably put some more stringent limits on the power so that there's room to develop without becoming completely broken.
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:25 pm

AETEN II wrote:You can destroy anything with sound.

You can destroy any known substance with sound. This RP is dealing with unknown abilities and unknown materials. Get your science out of my fantasy.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:25 pm

Camicon wrote:

You can destroy any known substance with sound. This RP is dealing with unknown abilities and unknown materials. Get your science out of my fantasy.

Get your fantasy out of my science.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:26 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Camicon wrote:You can destroy any known substance with sound. This RP is dealing with unknown abilities and unknown materials. Get your science out of my fantasy.

Science my out fantasy of your get.
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:29 pm

Ularn wrote:
AETEN II wrote:Holy fuck. He is. He could destroy the entire station. He could shatter Wolverine's admantanium skeleton.

Okay. are you balancing this insta-kill which you describe? Say, by making the range really bad (100m is not bad; that's probably longer than Scott can accurately throw fireballs) or making him take a while to charge up before the power can be used? Given he's a student, you should probably put some more stringent limits on the power so that there's room to develop without becoming completely broken.

How about him not having one of Superman's secondary powers and thus is limited by his lung's capacity and (in)efficiency in addition to Erkenfried having to take time to catch his breath after every attempt and maybe it being uncontrolled if he does not take the time to focus the breath.

Camicon wrote:

Get your "Fantasy" out of my "Urban". Wait, I actually like that flavor.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:29 pm

Ularn wrote:

How about him not having one of Superman's secondary powers and thus is limited by his lung's capacity and (in)efficiency in addition to Erkenfried having to take time to catch his breath after every attempt and maybe it being uncontrolled if he does not take the time to focus the breath.

Camicon wrote:

Get your "Fantasy" out of my "Urban". Wait, I actually like that flavor.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:30 pm

Ularn wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:

Science my out fantasy of your get.

Gosh, you people need to start adding your own pictures. :p
Last edited by Camicon on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:40 pm

I'd go for a kill range of ten meters and a MAH EARDRUMS! range of thirty meters. He can also tone it down to pure stun to topple an enemy at the same range. Range would be short anyway becausmd sonic pulses lose their concentrations fast due to being a wave.

And I already said it'd suck all the air out.

And religion and fantasy can GTFO.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:46 pm

AETEN II wrote:I'd go for a kill range of ten meters and a MAH EARDRUMS! range of thirty meters. He can also tone it down to pure stun to topple an enemy at the same range. Range would be short anyway becausmd sonic pulses lose their concentrations fast due to being a wave.

So anyone within ten meters dies.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:49 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
AETEN II wrote:I'd go for a kill range of ten meters and a MAH EARDRUMS! range of thirty meters. He can also tone it down to pure stun to topple an enemy at the same range. Range would be short anyway becausmd sonic pulses lose their concentrations fast due to being a wave.

Any normal human. People with regenerative abilities, or people with superhuman "endurance" wouldn't.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Camicon wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:

Any normal human. People with regenerative abilities, or people with superhuman "endurance" wouldn't.

That's what I meant. If I didn't mean that, I would have called it OP.

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:53 pm

Unless they're in thick full-body armor, them yes. And the death would be hella painfull. And the above as well. Though it'd hurt.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:54 pm

AETEN II wrote:Unless they're in thick full-body armor, them yes. And the death would be hella painfull. And the above as well. Though it'd hurt.

Unless it's my character.

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:07 pm

Marv, were you dropped as a child? You have a habit of stating the obvious. 8P
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:12 pm

AETEN II wrote:Marv, were you dropped as a child? You have a habit of stating the obvious. 8P

No, I'm just bragging.

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:16 pm

OK, Erkenfried can jump you at night, rip off your arm and beat you to death with it while say 'Stop hitting yourself'.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:17 pm

AETEN II wrote:OK, Erkenfried can jump you at night, rip off your arm and beat you to death with it while say 'Stop hitting yourself'.

You know what I like, don't you?

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:18 pm

uuuuh Ularn, was that deliberate character ignorance on Scotts part or did you just not check Malik's profile :P
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse