NATION

PASSWORD

Strike Witches 2012 (Closed, OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should we just redo ep 11?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:40 pm

Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes : 8

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:22 pm

Greater Evil Imperial Japanese Dystopia wrote:Name: Tokugawa no Himiko
Age (12-20): 20
Appearance/Pic: http://moeakiba.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... har001.jpg
Nationality: Empire of Japan
Familiar: Kitsune
Magical Ability: Elemental powers of Kamikaze.... muahahahahaa.....
Striker Unit: Mitsubishi i3 6th Generation Stealth Fighter (Yes, in real life here in Japan we do have a 6th generation fighter programme, moreover it is closer to completion than you can ever imagine)
Armament: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gryazev-Shipunov_GSh-6-30
Biography: Born into the Tokugawa family of Imperial Japan, she soon grew up into the Imperial Army, being raised among other strike witches for war, she was sent to fight in numerous fronts around the world, earning herself a famous reputation of shooting down enemy fighters, as well as proving to be an intelligent strategist, being credited by the military for numerous victories accomplished in the past. She has also been intent on reviving the Tokugawa clan as well as gain control of Japan...
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=160802
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=142128
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=138076

Accepted. But at 20, you're well past your prime. And you DO realize that the GSh line has serious issues involving overheating, right?
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Malshan
Senator

Founded: Sep 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Malshan » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:26 pm

Rupudska wrote:
Striker Unit: Mitsubishi i3 6th Generation Stealth Fighter (Yes, in real life here in Japan we do have a 6th generation fighter programme, moreover it is closer to completion than you can ever imagine)
Biography: Born into the Tokugawa family of Imperial Japan, she soon grew up into the Imperial Army, being raised among other strike witches for war, she was sent to fight in numerous fronts around the world, earning herself a famous reputation of shooting down enemy fighters, as well as proving to be an intelligent strategist, being credited by the military for numerous victories accomplished in the past. She has also been intent on reviving the Tokugawa clan as well as gain control of Japan...

Accepted. But at 20, you're well past your prime. And you DO realize that the GSh line has serious issues involving overheating, right?

Oh look, the Russian version of the GAU-8.
*sigh*
ET IN ARCADIA EGO
A certain therianthropy thing.
*sigh*
My factbook
Rupudska wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:
You catch on quick. That's why I like you. :)
I'm kidding of course you aren't a thing. You're a person.

Dude, don't insult the werefurry.

Rupudska wrote:RP Sample: Let me in, or we take another third of Mexico.
Rupudska wrote:You're NS's Wolfman, therefore your argument is negated due to bias.
"Sarcasm works so much better when you can look down your fire-breathing nose at someone." -Callistan Sairias
"Lupus magnus est, lupus fortis est, lupus deus est."
I'm an atheist, transhumanist, asexual, cladotherian (Canini) male.
Also known as Canarius, your friendly-ish dog person Lycanthropic American.
Kshrlmnt wrote:Malshan

Greater Evil Imperial Japanese Dystopia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Evil Imperial Japanese Dystopia » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:28 pm

Rupudska wrote:

How it would be amusing to use such an overheating, aroused, wrathful weapon... :P
Last edited by Greater Evil Imperial Japanese Dystopia on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Currently warring.
Military, including paramilitaries: uncounted; numerous warring factions (currently state of war)
Link to Tracker I-II-III-DERP!
Compass
Power comes only from the barrel of a gun - Mao Zedong
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily. - Napoleon Bonaparte
DEFCON:
[0] Nuclear Armaggedon Inevitable, as well as Defend Reichland from Invasion!
Azrael wrote:Except that their entire appearance is a ruse!
Prussia-Steinbach wrote:You, I must admit, are a smart Commie. :clap:
Damanucus wrote:... better ones again.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:28 pm

Actually, it's more along the line of the M61. It's smaller than the Avenger, but it has a faster firing rate.

It also overheats faster.

Question for GEIJD: Is it true that Japan's upcoming 6th-gen fighter is actually a Gundam?
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:30 pm

Also, that reminds me, we'll have 4 arcs, with 4 different Neuroi core. Each one features a superfighter. I'm going to be lazy and make the i3 (Or ATD-X or whatever) this arc's 6-th gen. Next up will be Orussia's 6th-gen, then the EU's 6th-gen, then lastly Liberion's 6th gen, with increasing amounts of whoopass.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Evil Imperial Japanese Dystopia » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:36 pm

Rupudska wrote:Actually, it's more along the line of the M61. It's smaller than the Avenger, but it has a faster firing rate.

Question for GEIJD: Is it true that Japan's upcoming 6th-gen fighter is actually a Gundam?

No it is not a Gundam.

The robot project is a completely different story. However, the i3 fighter is still going to be manned since the Ministry of Defence is conservative in trusting a completely unmanned aircraft.

So no, the i3 is still going to be manned.

The ATD-X is a different story in itself, that being our fifth generation stealth multi-role fighter programme. The i3 is the 6th generation, of which it stands for "Informed, Intelligent, Instantaneous". While it may be full of wonderful interesting features, the Defence Ministry does not wish for the moment to make a robot fighter aircraft.

However, the Gundam project is in itself a completely separate concept that has nothing to do with the i3, which I linked a PDF with the image in it.
    Currently warring.
Military, including paramilitaries: uncounted; numerous warring factions (currently state of war)
Compass
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily. - Napoleon Bonaparte
DEFCON:

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:39 pm

Greater Evil Imperial Japanese Dystopia wrote:
Rupudska wrote:Actually, it's more along the line of the M61. It's smaller than the Avenger, but it has a faster firing rate.

No it is not a Gundam.

The robot project is a completely different story. However, the i3 fighter is still going to be manned since the Ministry of Defence is conservative in trusting a completely unmanned aircraft.

The ATD-X is a different story in itself, that being our fifth generation stealth multi-role fighter programme. The i3 is the 6th generation, of which it stands for "Informed, Intelligent, Instantaneous". While it may be full of wonderful interesting features, the Defence Ministry does not wish for the moment to make a robot fighter aircraft.

However, the Gundam project is in itself a completely separate concept that has nothing to do with the i3, which I linked a PDF with the image in it.

The ATD-X looks rather advanced on its own, methinks.

But from the few pictures I can find online, the i3 looks like a swing-wing. I can't see much of the pdf, because the page keeps dying on me.

But the i3 looks kinda like it might have swing-wings. (Also, upside-down elevons = carrier capabilities?)
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Malshan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Malshan » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:43 pm

No it is not a Gundam.

Sure, but directed energy weapons? Y'all finally develop something other than solid state chemical lasers that don't give off tons of toxic waste? Or is it like microwaves?

And a Gundam? Remind me to move to Japan to get an Engineering job.
ET IN ARCADIA EGO
*sigh*
My factbook
Rupudska wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:

Rupudska wrote:You're NS's Wolfman, therefore your argument is negated due to bias.
"Sarcasm works so much better when you can look down your fire-breathing nose at someone." -Callistan Sairias

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:46 pm

You know how some people say that Japan is about to develop a Gundam? They're serious. HONDA isn't making robots to make mecha maids. They're making prototype Gundams.

You have been warned, North Korea.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Malshan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Malshan » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:48 pm

Rupudska wrote:You know how some people say that Japan is about to develop a Gundam? They're serious. HONDA isn't making robots to make mecha maids. They're making prototype Gundams.

That's it. Screw the U.S. I'm moving to Japan. I want in on the Exia.
ET IN ARCADIA EGO
*sigh*
My factbook
Rupudska wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Evil Imperial Japanese Dystopia » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:50 pm

Rupudska wrote:
No it is not a Gundam.

But from the few pictures I can find online, the i3 looks like a swing-wing. I can't see much of the pdf, because the page keeps dying on me.

But the i3 looks kinda like it might have swing-wings. (Also, upside-down elevons = carrier capabilities?)

Perhaps. Although the i3 seems more like a flying wing design similar to the B-2 or the F-117 the US has. Yes, the ATD-X stands for "Advanced Technology Demonstrator", although its true designation is the "Shin Shin". In addition, it is intended to be a fighter that can rival or even surpass many other fifth generation fighters across the world, including the US ones. (Mainly because the government procured 42 F-35s to analyse, of which from there are going to try to guess what the F-22 has, then incorporate them into the ATD-X.)

Malshan wrote:
No it is not a Gundam.

Sure, but directed energy weapons? Y'all finally develop something other than solid state chemical lasers that don't give off tons of toxic waste? Or is it like microwaves?

And a Gundam? Remind me to move to Japan to get an Engineering job.

I shall. :D

Rupudska wrote:You know how some people say that Japan is about to develop a Gundam? They're serious. HONDA isn't making robots to make mecha maids. They're making prototype Gundams.

This is not false. There are robot experiments going on in our country. :ugeek:
    Currently warring.
Compass
DEFCON:

Malshan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Malshan » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:53 pm

All I can find is the "Green Tokyo Gundam Project". Top secret?
ET IN ARCADIA EGO
*sigh*
My factbook
Rupudska wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:53 pm

Rupudska wrote:

Perhaps. Although the i3 seems more like a flying wing design similar to the B-2 or the F-117 the US has. Yes, the ATD-X stands for "Advanced Technology Demonstrator", although its true designation is the "Shin Shin". In addition, it is intended to be a fighter that can rival or even surpass many other fifth generation fighters across the world, including the US ones. (Mainly because the government procured 42 F-35s to analyse, of which from there are going to try to guess what the F-22 has, then incorporate them into the ATD-X.)

That's actually a bad idea on the part of the Japanese military. The F-35 has proven itself to be a steaming pile of stealthy poo that can't even land on a carrier like it's designed to.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Malshan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Malshan » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:58 pm

Rupudska wrote:

That's actually a bad idea on the part of the Japanese military. The F-35 has proven itself to be a steaming pile of stealthy poo that can't even land on a carrier like it's designed to.

And the B2 'flying wing' is the worst idea possible. Someone mistook a minimum point for a maximum point and made it all wing, which made its range the lowest it could possibly be. Max range would be shorter wings and more fuselage. Not sure how that would fly, though.
ET IN ARCADIA EGO
*sigh*
My factbook
Rupudska wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Evil Imperial Japanese Dystopia » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:05 pm

Malshan wrote:All I can find is the "Green Tokyo Gundam Project". Top secret?

Little information is given out on the military's version.

Rupudska wrote:

I am aware of this. Most of the development of the ATD-X is indigenously domestically developed technology. The F-35s purchase are mostly for our F-X project to choose a temporary currently existing fighter to replace all our F2As, F-15s, among others. However, I am aware the F-35C has problems with carriers, therein that I do not quite like the fighter.

Malshan wrote:
Rupudska wrote:

And the B2 'flying wing' is the worst idea possible. Someone mistook a minimum point for a maximum point and made it all wing, which made its range the lowest it could possibly be. Max range would be shorter wings and more fuselage. Not sure how that would fly, though.

True, however I must say it is not exactly like the B-2, rather the wings are as large in wingspan as the F-18 Super Hornet, yet at the same time are a flying wing design.
    Currently warring.
Compass
DEFCON:

Malshan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Malshan » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:10 pm

Malshan wrote:

True, however I must say it is not exactly like the B-2, rather the wings are as large in wingspan as the F-18 Super Hornet, yet at the same time are a flying wing design.

Yes, but that's what I'm getting at. The flying wing design is the worst possible for range.
ET IN ARCADIA EGO
*sigh*
My factbook
Rupudska wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:

Malshan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Malshan » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:13 pm

Malshan wrote:All I can find is the "Green Tokyo Gundam Project". Top secret?

Little information is given out on the military's version.

Any way I can get what little info there is? Any speculation?

Hell, I'd even live in a prison for the rest of my life if I could just know what it was about. That's how exciting that kind of thing is.
ET IN ARCADIA EGO
*sigh*
My factbook
Rupudska wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Evil Imperial Japanese Dystopia » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:14 pm

Malshan wrote:

Yes, but that's what I'm getting at. The flying wing design is the worst possible for range.

I thought the B-2's range was somewhere around 11,000 km...

Nonetheless never mind the flying-wing. I meant it looked almost as if it had such a design, although we have yet to see how it will turn out.
    Currently warring.
Compass
DEFCON:

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:23 pm

Malshan wrote:

I thought the B-2's range was somewhere around 11,000 km...

Nonetheless never mind the flying-wing. I meant it looked almost as if it had such a design, although we have yet to see how it will turn out.

That's because it's mostly fuel tank. The bomb bay to bomber size ratio is pretty bad compared to, say, the B-1, which has a range of about 12,000 km and carries more bombs.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:02 pm

Bump.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Ende
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ende » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:04 pm

I'm still thinking about it. I'd like to, but I'm a bit busy and I'm not sure if I'm good enough at roleplaying and I haven't watched very much of the series, so, not quite sure about joining or not.

Malshan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Malshan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:20 pm

Ende wrote:I'm still thinking about it. I'd like to, but I'm a bit busy and I'm not sure if I'm good enough at roleplaying and I haven't watched very much of the series, so, not quite sure about joining or not.

It's not that hard. If you're an engineer (male) act like an intelligent pervert.

If you're a Witch (female) blow shit up.
ET IN ARCADIA EGO
*sigh*
My factbook
Rupudska wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:22 pm

Ende wrote:I'm still thinking about it. I'd like to, but I'm a bit busy and I'm not sure if I'm good enough at roleplaying and I haven't watched very much of the series, so, not quite sure about joining or not.

If you're not good, I can help you. Although, I consider myself mediocre.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Ende
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ende » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:22 pm

Malshan wrote:

It's not that hard. If you're an engineer (male) act like an intelligent pervert.

Heh. No, I mean, in all seriousness, I was going to do a female character because that's new (and there aren't enough) and that's a ridiculous stretch for me seeing as I haven't done that before. As for role-playing itself, I'd like to (note, like to) believe I'm qualified, but I'm not quite sure about that.

I'm actually rather interested in a lot of F7 RPs, but seeing as I have no experience around here and nobody knows who I am joining any of them seems rather sketchy.
Last edited by Ende on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Malshan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Malshan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:31 pm

Ende wrote:
Malshan wrote:

Heh. No, I mean, in all seriousness, I was going to do a female character because that's new (and there aren't enough) and that's a ridiculous stretch for me seeing as I haven't done that before. As for role-playing itself, I'd like to (note, like to) believe I'm qualified, but I'm not quite sure about that.

I'm actually rather interested in a lot of F7 RPs, but seeing as I have no experience around here and nobody knows who I am joining any of them seems rather sketchy.

You CAN get help, you know. For example, Rup (the OP) has extensive experience RPing as the opposite gender. He plays a Witch. So get advice from him.
ET IN ARCADIA EGO
*sigh*
My factbook
Rupudska wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse