NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High (old OOC, search for new one)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:02 am

Total War games are some of the best games. I've played all but Shogan and Shogan 2 and liked every single one. I want Shogan 2 just don't have a PC to play it on.
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:05 am

Kershya wrote:
Corrian wrote:The awesomeness that is Steam Christmas sales? :P

I played Civilization a while back, and didn't find it that interesting. I barely remember it though, and you guys are convincing me that I probably just didn't play it enough, or forgot about it or something. One of these days I'll try it again....I mean, once I start getting money for games, I'm going to have more games then for my own good. Hell, I'll probably buy some of those ridiculous 'buy all games from Square Enix for 80 bucks!" and such. I love all types of games. First-person shooters, third-person shooters, racing games, city building games, ect. And I'm convinced I need some Total War games now too.

Try Empire and Shogun 2.

In my Empire game, I made Maharartha Confederacy a constitutional monarchy that united the Indian Subcontinent and made it border the Ottomans and Russians and got colonies in America.

In Shogun 2, I made the Hattori, the ninja clan, control central Japan, captured Kyoto and become Shogun.

I am actually hesitant to recommend Empire and Shogun 2 because they are graphics heavy (and Empire was just un-intuitive, but that is beside the point).

Spirit of Hope wrote:Shogan Shogan Shogan

I must resist... my urges to... be a pilkunnussija.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:08 am

Altruistic Paladins wrote:
Kershya wrote:
Try Empire and Shogun 2.

In my Empire game, I made Maharartha Confederacy a constitutional monarchy that united the Indian Subcontinent and made it border the Ottomans and Russians and got colonies in America.

In Shogun 2, I made the Hattori, the ninja clan, control central Japan, captured Kyoto and become Shogun.

I am actually hesitant to recommend Empire and Shogun 2 because they are graphics heavy (and Empire was just un-intuitive, but that is beside the point).

Spirit of Hope wrote:Shogan Shogan Shogan

I must resist... my urges to... be a pilkunnussija.

Sorry on my phone right no, so not in the best position to police my posts. Please don't kill me!
Fact Book.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:15 am

Altruistic Paladins wrote:You are correct. I am hopping that Tropico 4's content will also be affected by the Steam Holiday Sales (I got everything not the Fall of the Samurai-related for Shogun II at sixty-six percent-off)

We got Metro 2033 for 5 bucks....it felt like we freaking stole the game or something. That game was well worth 5 bucks after like less then an hour (Okay, more like an hour or two).

It's been proven that these games actually do BETTER once they go on sale, so Valve is smart. Valve is also where my dad would love to work. They are a great company, and apparently have great benefits. I heard that they gave 100 of their employee's, including their families, paid week vacation to Hawaii.

Yeah, I can't play anything that's graphic-heavy. My PC is 7-years old. And no money to buy a new one. My graphics card is pretty much the max I can have on it, and it can play Oblivion on low graphics....with some lag. But I'll definltely buy those at some point.

I'm a pretty hardcore gamer, so I love all sorts of suggestions related to games. I'm looking forward to Driver: San Fransisco (Supposed to get it for my birthday). It's supposed to be like a campy 70's driving show, intentionally. Which is awesome. And it's original. I love the concept of jumping from car to car. On the demo, I just spent my time crashing cars into each other in that way...and they have a lot of cool unique races online and such.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:22 am

Class has begun students! :D

Corrian wrote:
Altruistic Paladins wrote:You are correct. I am hopping that Tropico 4's content will also be affected by the Steam Holiday Sales (I got everything not the Fall of the Samurai-related for Shogun II at sixty-six percent-off)

We got Metro 2033 for 5 bucks....it felt like we freaking stole the game or something. That game was well worth 5 bucks after like less then an hour (Okay, more like an hour or two).

It's been proven that these games actually do BETTER once they go on sale, so Valve is smart. Valve is also where my dad would love to work. They are a great company, and apparently have great benefits. I heard that they gave 100 of their employee's, including their families, paid week vacation to Hawaii.

Yeah, I can't play anything that's graphic-heavy. My PC is 7-years old. And no money to buy a new one. My graphics card is pretty much the max I can have on it, and it can play Oblivion on low graphics....with some lag. But I'll definltely buy those at some point.

I'm a pretty hardcore gamer, so I love all sorts of suggestions related to games. I'm looking forward to Driver: San Fransisco (Supposed to get it for my birthday). It's supposed to be like a campy 70's driving show, intentionally. Which is awesome. And it's original. I love the concept of jumping from car to car. On the demo, I just spent my time crashing cars into each other in that way...and they have a lot of cool unique races online and such.
Valve can kiss my you-know-what until they release Half-Life 3 and Gabe Newell quits flapping his stupid mouth about Windows Vista.
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:26 am

Northern Dominus wrote:Valve can kiss my you-know-what until they release Half-Life 3 and Gabe Newell quits flapping his stupid mouth about Windows Vista.

Screw Half-Life 3! I want a Half Life and Portal combination game!

Also, it's looking like Team Fortress 2 might tie into Half Life and Portal now....At least, there's theories that it does.

Speaking of.....I need to finish Half-Life 2 already. I'm more then half there, I think.
My Last.FM and RYM

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:38 am

Corrian wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:Valve can kiss my you-know-what until they release Half-Life 3 and Gabe Newell quits flapping his stupid mouth about Windows Vista.

Screw Half-Life 3! I want a Half Life and Portal combination game!

Also, it's looking like Team Fortress 2 might tie into Half Life and Portal now....At least, there's theories that it does.

Speaking of.....I need to finish Half-Life 2 already. I'm more then half there, I think.
Have you gotten past Ravenholme yet?
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here

Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:41 am

Northern Dominus wrote:
Corrian wrote:Screw Half-Life 3! I want a Half Life and Portal combination game!

Have you gotten past Ravenholme yet?

That's that crappy city full of the weird Half-Life zombies, head crabs, and other weird ass crap, right? Yeah, I got past that place a while ago. That city sucked, but it was awesome at the same time.

And duude, I just imagined double-wielding a portal gun and a gravity gun....THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!
My Last.FM and RYM

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:22 am

Corrian wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote: Have you gotten past Ravenholme yet?

That's that crappy city full of the weird Half-Life zombies, head crabs, and other weird ass crap, right? Yeah, I got past that place a while ago. That city sucked, but it was awesome at the same time.

And duude, I just imagined double-wielding a portal gun and a gravity gun....THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!
Uh huh...AFTER Halo 3 comes out, and you know the rest about Gabe Newel and his stupid mouth.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:29 am

Out of curiosity, exactly how how many languages does Burton know?
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:35 am

Northern Dominus wrote:
Corrian wrote:That's that crappy city full of the weird Half-Life zombies, head crabs, and other weird ass crap, right? Yeah, I got past that place a while ago. That city sucked, but it was awesome at the same time.

Uh huh...AFTER Halo 3 comes out, and you know the rest about Gabe Newel and his stupid mouth.

Actually, no I don't. I don't tend to pay attention to that.

And I assume you mean Half-Life 3? I don't really care that much if it comes out or not. Valve likes to be innovative, so they might just be working on a new great series. And they take their time, because they actually try to make games that work unlike too many companies who rush things. Though, at the moment they seem to be mostly releasing new Team Fortress 2 stuff, which looks awesome, and seems to be possibly tying in with Half Life 2 and Portal in some way. As far as I care, they can take 5 more years to make Half-Life 3, or never make it. Whatever Valve seems to do is great, so I have hope in whatever they want to work on.

And we all know already that Valve hates the number 3.
My Last.FM and RYM

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:51 am

Corrian wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:Uh huh...AFTER Halo 3 comes out, and you know the rest about Gabe Newel and his stupid mouth.

And I assume you mean Half-Life 3? I don't really care that much if it comes out or not. Valve likes to be innovative, so they might just be working on a new great series. And they take their time, because they actually try to make games that work unlike too many companies who rush things. Though, at the moment they seem to be mostly releasing new Team Fortress 2 stuff, which looks awesome, and seems to be possibly tying in with Half Life 2 and Portal in some way. As far as I care, they can take 5 more years to make Half-Life 3, or never make it. Whatever Valve seems to do is great, so I have hope in whatever they want to work on.

The fools never learned that four is the number you are supposed be terrified of. With the possible exception of seasons, nothing good can come out of reaching the number four or after it.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:52 am

Corrian wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:Uh huh...AFTER Halo 3 comes out, and you know the rest about Gabe Newel and his stupid mouth.

Obviously. Hence why there's no Team Fortress Three either.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:14 pm

"Pilkunnussija, pilkunnussija, pilkunnussija, pilkunnussija."

"Stop mocking me!"
By Hits Holy Hand,

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:18 pm

So I had a post all typed up, and then I lost it because NationStates logged me out while I was writing it.
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:19 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:The fools never learned that four is the number you are supposed be terrified of. With the possible exception of seasons, nothing good can come out of reaching the number four or after it.

Actually, I can understand the fear of the number 3. Look at movies. Shrek 3 is when it started to go down hill. Same with Ice Age 3. Spiderman 3 is probably the single worst movie I've ever watched (or partly watched, because I fell asleep. And I rarely fall asleep watching movies. Though, I also fell asleep watching Jumper this same day, so it was likely a sleepy day). And I'd say X-Men 3 is when it started to go downhill more as well.

Either way, there's a lot of pointless sequels. Hell, they didn't really need a Shrek 2. And pretty much any Dreamworks movie's don't need sequels. And then Cars 2, and I really don't think Monsters Inc needs a sequel (It honestly looks dumb in my opinion), and a Finding Nemo sequel? Really? I think Disney is ruining Pixar.

Now, I've heard great things about Uncharted 3, so video games are an exception. And a lot of times video games first sequels are better than the first, because they expand on the downsides of the first one's. Like Uncharted 2, Infamous 2, and so on. But then you got some that start going downhill, like I haven't heard that much exciting about Assassin's Creed: Revelations, though Assassin's Creed 3 looks great because they are going to somewhere different with a whole new atmosphere.

But I'm all for new games with new idea's like Sleeping Dogs, Watch Dogs, and The Last of Us. Sleeping Dogs just looks like an awesome combination of like 5 different games, and from what I've heard, they do a fairly good job at incorporating all the idea's. Watch Dogs concept just looks, well, awesome. The Last of Us looks like an awesome survival game that is very brutal and tense, and is very story-driven.

And for Valve, you got Team Fortress 2, Portal 2, Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Counterstrike 2, and Defense Against The Ancients 2.
My Last.FM and RYM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:21 pm

Ularn wrote:So I had a post all typed up, and then I lost it because NationStates logged me out while I was writing it.

I hate that....or when I accidentally hit like, "Cut" instead of copy, and ruin my whole freaking post....I did that once, and it sucked. Actually, I did it twice, 2 days a part.

I do believe Firefox helps with that....Firefox is awesome. Screw Internet Explorer. And Firefox has spell check. Meaning, it's telling me NationStates is not a word and neither is Ularn:P
My Last.FM and RYM

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:23 pm

Ularn wrote:So I had a post all typed up, and then I lost it because NationStates logged me out while I was writing it.

Ha! Use a word editor first! Now your post has been devoured by the Internet vampires, those creatures that feed on the lost and abandoned.
Fact Book.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:49 pm

Characters I want to punch in the face: Rachael, Charlotte, Vincent, and probably Erkenfried, though I'd rather not have my arm be broken in response.
Last edited by Corrian on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:57 pm

Corrian wrote:Characters I want to punch in the face: Rachael, Charlotte, Vincent, and probably Erkenfried, though I'd rather not have my arm be broken in response.

Since I can tell this is probably going to get out of hand, may I suggest, "Characters that need a hug"? This goes out to the woobies.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:03 pm

Corrian wrote:Characters I want to punch in the face: Rachael, Charlotte, Vincent, and probably Erkenfried, though I'd rather not have my arm be broken in response.

Since I can tell this is probably going to get out of hand, may I suggest, "Characters that need a hug"? This goes out to the woobies.

Cassie, Jay, and Will? Pretty much all characters could technically use a hug, depending on the situation :P
My Last.FM and RYM

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:29 pm

My post totally wasn't a que for you all to investigate the noise and discover Erkenfried's weakness. At all. Totally wasn't made for that purpose.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:01 pm

Yet another question for AP. Why, if she has a disability that seemingly makes her a quadriplegic, is Makato attending a self-defense class?

Corrian wrote:

Cassie, Jay, and Will? Pretty much all characters could technically use a hug, depending on the situation :P
Maybe the ones your character wishes to punch are also in need of a hug as well.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:19 pm

I'm going to post again after Camicon posts, just to let you know why I'll be slow.
My Last.FM and RYM

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:21 pm

Jay asked a question, by the way
Times are looking grim these days~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads