NATION

PASSWORD

The Last Civilization - OOC/Signups

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Now what?

1. Someone else takes over OP and manages the rules.
9%
2. We scrap the score system and move on.
32%
3. We move on with the current rules. (I'll explain everything if need be)
23%
4. The RP dies.
14%
5. open for sugg
23%

Total votes : 22

Western Imperial Union
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Imperial Union » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:31 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Western Imperial Union wrote:~snip~

Several problems:
1. You have 1 agriculture. You don't have 9 tiers of society
2. You have no army score. Therefore you have no warriors.
3. How did you get a castle? You have 1 industry. 1.

1.why does agriculture have anything to do with a ranking system
2. Army score. If you mean troops, then 6 well trained professional warriors, and 12 basically trained soldiers with general warfare knowledge. That is 18 if that is what you wanted by score.
3. This one actually makes me laugh. I said Caste not Castle a caste is in Mercian websters dictionary= : a division of society based upon differences of wealth, rank, or occupation.

Western Imperial Union
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Imperial Union » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:33 pm

Alcase wrote:
Western Imperial Union wrote:Name:Theracuse
Short history:Theracuse was once ruled by a mighty dynasty of kings and queens, however the military was continuously put down and degraded by the nobility. Eventually the soldiers led by the few military based nobles overthrew the royal blood line and created a meritocracy. A caste based society that survived off of military power. This new system allowed for clear paths to power and wealth however these paths were extremely difficult to traverse and in most cases it took generations of a family to ascend up the tree of power. The same cannot be said for those who descend as a single family member can pull his powerful family name back down to the bottom tier. The tiers of Theracian Tree of power.

Marshals-no more than five families are included in this tier at a time and usually less than three are.
Orators- with their power mostly based on the loyalties if those below them orators often are extremely clever and quick witted people
Warriors- the top of the military caste these men and women are in control of the flow of weapons and military supplies.
Soldiers-they make up the bottom of the military caste and follow the guidance of the warriors however they also are on average extremely adaptable people and are capable at great feats
Artisans- they are the creators of all the advanced items needed by every caste and thus are powerful in their own right
Growers- farmers, herders, fishermen the growers are the lifeblood of Theracuse
Citizenry-The highest form of the basic caste these men and women are free to live their lives without the responsibility or oppression of any other tier.
Peasants- a diverse group they replaced slaves. Not slaves nor free they are paid servants with few rights.

Starting score (choose 2): One point for agriculture and one point for industry.
Starting location (for instance: Tropical coastline, Desert, Rocky mountains): Temperate plains. The city is built on a single hill rising beside a river.

Population of 5 for the marshals
8 for the orators
6 for the warriors
12 for the soldiers
4 for the artisans
17 for the growers
20 for the citizenry
9 peasants
Total: 81

Even with your edits, your agricultural abilities will not be enough to sustain such a well-established society, nor will your industry be able to build/maintain a castle capable enough of withstanding a storm's wind.

If the OP accepts this edited application, I'll be wholeheartedly disappointed this RP will not be what I envisioned it could be.

1. What edits that was my first post.
2. No castle they are just a small village I said caste, why does everyone assume castle :eyebrow:

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:37 pm

Western Imperial Union wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:Several problems:

2. Army score. If you mean troops, then 6 well trained professional warriors, and 12 basically trained soldiers with general warfare knowledge. That is 18 if that is what you wanted by score.
3. This one actually makes me laugh. I said Caste not Castle a caste is in Mercian websters dictionary= : a division of society based upon differences of wealth, rank, or occupation.

1. Number of people. 1 agriculture means only a few dozen people.
2. you didn't put any ranks into army, so I thought that meant you couldn't have warriors. the OP shot that one down, though.
3. I know :p . I realized, but I had to go to dinner and forgot when I returned.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:39 pm

Name: The Ameralite Dominions
Short History: Founded at the dawn of the ages of man, the polis of Mara began as a humble farming dwelling perched in the foothills of the Mountains of Sunset, near to the course of the River Talimar. Established by the family of the farmer Mara, known for his mastery of the crop called whar, it has grown over the intervening years into a humble settlement of a few family groups, casually ruled by a Brightlord based on popular weighted vote. Having fended off multiple attacks by wild animals and with some dwellings now on the rises near the river below, a low mud-brick wall surrounds the village of ninety souls. This has served to discourage even the most hardy of raiders in recent times, though the Battlelord appointed to act as a permanent guardian of the village is held in high esteem by his fellows.
Starting Scores:
Agriculture - 1 | The people of Mara subsist primarily on hunting and gathering through their yearly round on the fertile plain below their lands, but small plots of whar and other crops do flourish in the lowland abodes of the more adventurous agrarians. No true agriculture exists, due to the paucity of farming methods, but the steady addition to the yearly diet is appreciated by all.
Science - 1 | Research, per se, is an art no man has truly even conceived of. That said, the people of Mara rely on their observations and accumulated oral wisdom to know how to grow their grains and how to hunt animals, and empirical knowledge from many hunts and rounds of the lower plains is passed from mouth to mouth through the generations.
Starting Location:
Inland Floodplains; located near an old mountain range, the Plains of Scilar are a deep black-soil region, a flooded lake bed now silted in by years of wash from the Talimar. A few dozen miles hence it runs into the ocean, but the people of the polis have never ventured so far.

Current Status

Year: 1000
Agriculture XX: Large scale farming and rice patties, rotation agriculture, and managed irrigation. Extensive horticulture, managed soil fertilization, animal husbandry. Fertilization and reservoirs. Terrace agriculture and selective crop breeding.
Industry XV: Fracture-mining of stone and and ores, domestic stone and earthenware industry, extensive masonry, stone block houses. Widespread stone quarrying and timbering, forestry. Cast iron weapons, widespread iron armor, complex Biblan steel weapons and armor for the elite. Highly developed woodworking industry. Weaving and textiles in large disciplined industries. Hardening and quenching of metals. Iron working and high stone towers and walls. Drydocks. Cottage factories, concrete, unparalleled stonework. Massive smelteries, shipyards.
Science XVII: Investigative method. Numbers, the concept of zero, base 10 system, language, dissertation between learned individuals. Apprenticeships and formal schooling for the wealthy. Knowledge of astronomy and other ancient sciences. Universities.
Army VII: <.5% of the population is part of the Battlelord organization, trained commanders ready to lead the Bands and act as shock troops. Second sons serve as militiamen. (+1)
Navy VII: Small dhows used for river-fishing and fording, as well as travel. A moderately sized galley fleet ranges along the northern coasts protecting merchant ships and fishermen, and river barges are used for the transport of bulk goods. Cogs of war and peace, large quinquiremes for battle.
Culture XXX: Complex drawings and art, oral history in the form of reenactments and song. Written stories and books are used to record events. Mosaics in public places and the first patronage of the arts. Philosophy and the Socratic method/circle. First drumming symphonies, drums and the clash of spears used for battlefield communication. Extensive ancestor worship religion. Great drums used for long distance communication. Vorinism as a major religion. Politics, epic poetry. The Graven Peak. Ideology.
Espionage III

Metrics
Tech: 4
Happiness: 21
Prosperity: 921
Influence: 3260

Holdings
Mara: 323560 Citizens, located at the western foothills of the Mountains of Sunset, above the Plains of Scillar
Biblos: 181100 Citizens, located on the shores of the Singing Sea, near the mouth of the Talimar River
Larna: 179800 Citizens, located far to the west on the western fringes of the Plains of Scillar, in the shadows of the Mountains of the Moon
Vernus: 188000 Citizens, located to the south of Mara, near the edges of the southern jungles and mountains where the Talimar meets with the River Akadii
Tyre: 279500 Citizens, located west of Biblos on the coastal plains
Scitus: 162300 Citizens, located east of Vernus in the mountains
Brigatine: 172400 Citizens, large port west of Ratarin
Ratarin: 62000 Citizens, small port on the Southern Sea, south of Mara and west of Brigatine

Allies
Akademia: 1210000 Citizens, vast city in the heart of the Mountains of the Moon.
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:09 am, edited 28 times in total.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:42 pm

WHAT THE FUDGE THAT'S A GOOD APP! but I suppose that comes from 23 thousand posts :p

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:43 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:WHAT THE FUDGE THAT'S A GOOD APP! but I suppose that comes from 23 thousand posts :p

Hah, I actually consciously kept it short. You'll get to that point too, in a few years.

Always good to see Harkback making a RP. These are fun, though I wish 2020 hadn't died off with the weird earth-death thing.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:44 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:-snip-

One Problem - You say you have 90 peeps, but you only have 1 agriculture. You are only allowed to have ~50 with 1 agriculture, from what I've seen.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:45 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:-snip-

One Problem - You say you have 90 peeps, but you only have 1 agriculture. You are only allowed to have ~50 with 1 agriculture, from what I've seen.

Oh? I can work with that either way. I simply spitballed a pop based on the 2000-1000 BCE period for a megaband of hunter-gatherers.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:45 pm

Harkbaacck....
I'm a bit offended I wasn't invited yet, but since I'm a lurker by nature, here we are.
Last edited by Valrifell on Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:46 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:WHAT THE FUDGE THAT'S A GOOD APP! but I suppose that comes from 23 thousand posts :p

Hah, I actually consciously kept it short. You'll get to that point too, in a few years.

Always good to see Harkback making a RP. These are fun, though I wish 2020 hadn't died off with the weird earth-death thing.

If I'm still even playing in college. I'm in my teens, by the way. :p :blush:

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:50 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:

If I'm still even playing in college. I'm in my teens, by the way. :p :blush:

Eh, I found this site at the end of college. It holds a charm that might keep you, or might not.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:52 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:If I'm still even playing in college. I'm in my teens, by the way. :p :blush:

Eh, I found this site at the end of college. It holds a charm that might keep you, or might not.

So far, it has stuck to me like glue. I loved roleplay at a young age, and have hung on to it since. I have every hope that I cling to it forever.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:56 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:

So far, it has stuck to me like glue. I loved roleplay at a young age, and have hung on to it since. I have every hope that I cling to it forever.

Time will tell. The burnout rate for NSers is high in the extreme. Every year we get a new crop, but there are few active posters older than even me, and I haven't been here very long by any standard.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:57 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:So far, it has stuck to me like glue. I loved roleplay at a young age, and have hung on to it since. I have every hope that I cling to it forever.

Time will tell. The burnout rate for NSers is high in the extreme. Every year we get a new crop, but there are few active posters older than even me, and I haven't been here very long by any standard.

Ehhh... I call 4 years long, especially since that's not far under a third of my age.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:06 pm

Name: Dammit, self! Always have trouble thinking of original names for things. Will come later.
Short history: _____ was founded by the overly stereotyped cave-dwelling neanderthal, a small band of hunters and gatherers who typically called the caves at the feet of two great peaks home. The caves inhabited by the _____ians formed a large, intricate, interconnected network spanning miles beneath the surface to the peaks of both mountains. The peoples typically had to rely on their position near a migration hub, were several different species would cross at any particular time. However, this creates famines that are far worse, yet bounties that are much more plentiful. The people of _____ slowly began to carve out a cultural identity for themselves as time went on, learning techniques to create small underground farms and developing a hereditary monarchy system of government.
Starting score (choose 2):

Science |1| - As stated previously, the people of _____ have begun the process of creating a cultural identity, one of the pivotal advancements was the creation of language and a numerical system. Both are claimed to have been bestowed to the _____ians by the very gods themselves. Or someone smoking experimental herbs and spoke gibberish that caught on. Either way the people of _____ rely on their language to communicate as to know when the next great hunt is in, or what the weather is like.

Culture |1| - Due to an unusually excellent hunt the entire six people of _____ were able to spend some time away from hunting and gathering, and decided to spruce up the place. They started to record what animals were hunted what day and where, all on the walls of their caves, using art.
Starting location (for instance: Tropical coastline, Desert, Rocky mountains): Located somewhere on a mountain range, it is abnormally rocky, however there are nice hunting grounds nearby.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:07 pm

Underground farms?

That'll be interesting to see.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:10 pm

Deian salazar wrote:Can you create another 1 after this 1?

Would you mind editing out your quote of Harkback's entire OP? It's rather poor form- simply edit your post so you're only quoting the part you're specifically addressing of Harkback's post.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:13 pm

Deian salazar wrote:Can you create another 1 after this 1?

Would you mind editing out your quote of Harkback's entire OP? It's rather poor form- simply edit your post so you're only quoting the part you're specifically addressing of Harkback's post.

In addition, what do you mean? another RP of the same thing? Unless it's as fun as I'm hoping it'll be, there would be no point.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:22 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Underground farms?

That'll be interesting to see.

Eh, didn't give them the agricultural skill, they'd be more like small underground gardens that can typically produce one potato. Two if yer lucky.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:37 pm

Valrifell wrote:Harkbaacck....
I'm a bit offended I wasn't invited yet, but since I'm a lurker by nature, here we are.

I was actually going to invite a lot of people (including you) but then I thought You will probably find this thread on your own.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:40 pm

Ooookkkkaaaayyy.... so, looks like I'm gonna need to hire a co-op to manage things while I'm away... and to do all the dirty work. Anyone interested?

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:41 pm

Western Imperial Union wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:Several problems:

don't worry, app was accepted.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:43 pm

Harkback Union wrote:Ooookkkkaaaayyy.... so, looks like I'm gonna need to hire a co-op to manage things while I'm away... and to do all the dirty work. Anyone interested?

I'm interested, if no one objects.

Holy Ravanna
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Ravanna » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:04 pm

Holy Ravanna wrote:Name:Abisa
Short history:founded by the holy priest Aashiq who guided the tribal people to this silt rich river spot he was driven mad from the heat of the desert and has soon has they came to the Hausani he collapsed and gasped his eyes turning milky white and said oh lords I have completed my task now let me rest and died immediately .on this holy site sits the mud temple of Barakka the god of blessings and farming. Abisa being religiously inspired is very suspicious of foreigners fearing them has heathens and thus isolated they mainly work the Hausani river and are extremely agricultural the council of 7 govern the city state and claim they have divine wisdom from the gods themselves.
Starting score: Agriculture 1,culture 1
Starting location:In the desert land of Arshad a vast desert wasteland with almost no life at all with one exception the Hausani a nutrient rich river that flows thru this unforgiving land.Arshad is rich in resources like gold,diamonds,marble,ivory,and palm dates
population:25

this is a update added more info
Last edited by Holy Ravanna on Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:12 pm

Holy Ravanna wrote:
Holy Ravanna wrote:Name:Abisa
Short history:founded by the holy priest Aashiq who guided the tribal people to this silt rich river spot he was driven mad from the heat of the desert and has soon has they came to the Hausani he collapsed and gasped his eyes turning milky white and said oh lords I have completed my task now let me rest and died immediately .on this holy site sits the mud temple of Barakka the god of blessings and farming. Abisa being religiously inspired is very suspicious of foreigners fearing them has heathens and thus isolated they mainly work the Hausani river and are extremely agricultural the council of 7 govern the city state and claim they have divine wisdom from the gods themselves.
Starting score: Agriculture 1,culture 1
Starting location:In the desert land of Arshad a vast desert wasteland with almost no life at all with one exception the Hausani a nutrient rich river that flows thru this unforgiving land.Arshad is rich in resources like gold,diamonds,marble,ivory,and palm dates
population:25

this is a update added more info

Out of curiosity, how do the people of Abisa know of the gold, diamonds, etc. that exist in their lands?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse