NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC IX [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:21 pm

Giovenith wrote:And here comes Tilt, one of the few people here with actual in-depth computer experience, that we didn't bother to ask.

In last year's English class, we were in the computer lab, and I mentioned that I thought I had read once somewhere that "Nazi" was an acronym. Another guy, let's call him M, looks it up, and says it can't be an acronym because the full party name doesn't line up with the letters. Other guy, let's call him A, argues that because it is German, it must work in a different way. This leads into a three-way argument about what qualifies as an acronym, translations, and the grammar of the German language.

Meanwhile, our English teacher (a job in which you are trained to know what acronyms and such are), who is fluent in German, is sitting about four feet away from us. It takes us a full 20 minutes to come up with the brilliant idea to ask him. Though honestly, he did sort of just handwave us all.

And because this is NationStates and I know it will happen, no, I don't want an answer to the question. I know that's a long-winding path nobody needs to go on right now.

Good story! *nods*

I've been wondering about acronyms across languages for a while.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:30 pm

I'm more knowledgeable than most people I know IRL when it comes to computers, but I'm no genius. The most me and my friends have done was crash computers and fuck up the systems at school so we could download Google chrome on old computers and visit blocked websites.

Well, the pipes to the kitchen sink are still clogged and spitting rust. I have no forks to eat this cake, so I'm using chopsticks.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:35 pm

We did learn other stuff. Like you know that tradition in which people go to theaters to watch "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" all dressed up, armed with squirt guns, noise makers, and other assorted tomfoolery gadgets, then get up and dance and act along with the movie, creating a huge mess and a huge scene that is now-a-days such a beloved tradition that theaters just let it slide?

Yeah, they don't do that in Germany.

He and his college friends learned that the hard way.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:36 pm

Is anyone stuck?

Giovenith wrote:We did learn other stuff. Like you know that tradition in which people go to theaters to watch "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" all dressed up, armed with squirt guns, noise makers, and other assorted tomfoolery gadgets, then get up and dance and act along with the movie, creating a huge mess and a huge scene that is now-a-days such a beloved tradition that theaters just let it slide?

Aw...no fun.
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:39 pm

Giovenith wrote:We did learn other stuff. Like you know that tradition in which people go to theaters to watch "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" all dressed up, armed with squirt guns, noise makers, and other assorted tomfoolery gadgets, then get up and dance and act along with the movie, creating a huge mess and a huge scene that is now-a-days such a beloved tradition that theaters just let it slide?

They still do this a street away from where I live. Oh the people you see in costume...

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:41 pm

Rocky Horror. I could tell some intriguing stories.

Not posting tonight. Just got home. Eating cold dinner while typing on phone. In no mood to be creative or tackle probs. :p

I'll catch up tomorrow while people are at school/work.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:45 pm

Cerillium wrote:Rocky Horror. I could tell some intriguing stories.

Not posting tonight. Just got home. Eating cold dinner while typing on phone. In no mood to be creative or tackle probs. :p

*penguin tackles Cer*
mumblemumblemumble

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:22 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Cerillium wrote:Rocky Horror. I could tell some intriguing stories.

*penguin tackles Cer*

*civet tackles penguin* :P

Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Tsu is in her room for interaction.
Predictably unpredictable and fabulous at the same time!
XA-1MVGLHS
Queen Oberon, our red devil! Click the URL to learn about our Leader!
Edelweiss and Reina, the two previous ones are still alive. None of Tsuyoi Tekikoku's leaders are killed in their duels of succession.

I don't use NS stats.

I'd prefer the pronouns she/her,if your referring to me

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:03 pm

Tsuyoi tekikoku wrote:Tsu is in her room for interaction.

In one's room isn't really a great place to be looking for interaction. Usually when I put my characters in my room, it means it's time for them to be left alone. There are public venues to go to where someone could reasonably walk into.
she/her

Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:20 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Tsuyoi tekikoku wrote:Tsu is in her room for interaction.

In one's room isn't really a great place to be looking for interaction. Usually when I put my characters in my room, it means it's time for them to be left alone. There are public venues to go to where someone could reasonably walk into.

Okay.

>_>
XA-1MVGLHS
Edelweiss and Reina, the two previous ones are still alive. None of Tsuyoi Tekikoku's leaders are killed in their duels of succession.

I don't use NS stats.

Jad Ki Kautne
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jad Ki Kautne » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:32 pm

Stabbing this here for further posting and stuff (And if you have not figured, this is GT).
Puppet nation of: Germanic Templars

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:41 pm

So, aren't we doing Thanksgiving on the weekend, when everyone will have time?

I was thinking about, when I'm done with Torii, having Katya in the sparring room with a sword.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Jad Ki Kautne
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Jad Ki Kautne » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:54 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:So, aren't we doing Thanksgiving on the weekend, when everyone will have time?

I was thinking about, when I'm done with Torii, having Katya in the sparring room with a sword.

Hehehehe, this brings back funny thing from, I think last year's thanksgiving, when Yoshi fought J'aluk.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:56 pm

Jad Ki Kautne wrote:
Torsiedelle wrote:So, aren't we doing Thanksgiving on the weekend, when everyone will have time?

Hehehehe, this brings back funny thing from, I think last year's thanksgiving, when Yoshi fought J'aluk.

I remember Katya always fighting Tsu's sister and getting her nose bloodied :p

I think I have yet to have Katya actually fight somebody with a sword.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Jad Ki Kautne
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Jad Ki Kautne » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:01 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:
Jad Ki Kautne wrote:

Oh the fun of unexplained, random violence. :lol:
Or explained, either way it makes us lolz

Could do J'aluk but he might just throw the sword at Katya half way through the fight and just charge. (as stubborn as his creator)

Dr. Smith....That robot/cyborg is a gentleman (And not because of his British accent). Could play out him.. But it is up to you, or who is quick enough to get down there.
Last edited by Jad Ki Kautne on Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:10 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:
Jad Ki Kautne wrote:

Edge has a punch force equal to a King Tiger's 88cm.
XA-1MVGLHS

I don't use NS stats.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:12 pm

I love cicadas. One of my favorite times of year is when the Cicadas mature in Summer. Keeping the windows open after a big storm and listening to all the buggers cry is awesome.

I'm glad I found that guy's channel, too. I love nature, and Japan has some cool places. If I don't get to go to Alaska or hike through Appalachia, I want to see Japan. I remember, my grandpa was stationed in Yokohama, and then Tachikawa in the 1950's & 60's. He loved Japan. I wanna see the Shinto shrines on the mainland, and Okinawa too.

Hmm, J'aluk would probably be the more appropriate opponent, given their limited history, but Dr. Smith would probably be the one she'd be more comfortable with.

Want me to have her there now? I can get up a post or two before I get off. I'll keep posting for Torii and Jasmine, but move one of them out when I get the chance. I'll definitely be playing Torii during the ball.

Tsuyoi tekikoku wrote:
Torsiedelle wrote:

Edge has a punch force equal to a King Tiger's 88cm.

British 17pdr FTW.

Because Firefly, FTW.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:14 pm

Speaking of Edge..I'm gonna do something involving her that is none PL related
XA-1MVGLHS

I don't use NS stats.

Jad Ki Kautne
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Jad Ki Kautne » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:17 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:
I love cicadas. One of my favorite times of year is when the Cicadas mature in Summer. Keeping the windows open after a big storm and listening to all the buggers cry is awesome.

I'm glad I found that guy's channel, too. I love nature, and Japan has some cool places. If I don't get to go to Alaska or hike through Appalachia, I want to see Japan. I remember, my grandpa was stationed in Yokohama, and then Tachikawa in the 1950's & 60's. He loved Japan. I wanna see the Shinto shrines on the mainland, and Okinawa too.

Hmm, J'aluk would probably be the more appropriate opponent, given their limited history, but Dr. Smith would probably be the one she'd be more comfortable with.

Want me to have her there now? I can get up a post or two before I get off. I'll keep posting for Torii and Jasmine, but move one of them out when I get the chance. I'll definitely be playing Torii during the ball.

Tsuyoi tekikoku wrote:Edge has a punch force equal to a King Tiger's 88cm.

British 17pdr FTW.

Because Firefly, FTW.

Well limited history, yes. But given some notes on their anatomy.....

Pfft, you call that armor? This is what real armor looks like!

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:19 pm

Jad Ki Kautne wrote:
Torsiedelle wrote:

British 17pdr FTW.

Because Firefly, FTW.

I bet that think sucks gas like a bitch, though. And no turret? 0/10
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:23 pm

It's actually too damn late for me. I gotta be up tomorrow. So...goodnight.

GT, want me to move Katya to the sparring room when I can? She'll go for swords. Will there be rapiers or sabres? She'll ask about right arm armor as well.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:24 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Jad Ki Kautne wrote:

I bet that think sucks gas like a bitch, though. And no turret? 0/10

Who needs gas when you got? Horrible Holocaust joke here....... And besides that thing is the Paris Gun on treads and will be guarded, if created, by maybe a Lankreuzer P1000, several tigers, and maybe some Osterwind AA.

Torsiedelle wrote:It's actually too damn late for me. I gotta be up tomorrow. So...goodnight.

GT, want me to move Katya to the sparring room when I can? She'll go for swords. Will there be rapiers or sabres? She'll ask about right arm armor as well.

Move her if you want.
Don't worry, i'll describe the wall of weapons (in fact I will dig that up from last time the dojo was used because there were also polearms and other weapons involved)
Last edited by Germanic Templars on Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:26 pm

Alright. I'll post tomorrow.

Oh, and Desert Storm M60 Patton is best tank ever. Patton master race.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:27 pm

I just remembered. As of right now, I only have four days left in my entire life as a legal child.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! *falls on floor, bangs it* IT'S ALL OVER, IT ALL GOES DOWNHILL FROM HERE, NOOOOOOOOOOO...
she/her

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse