NATION

PASSWORD

Antediluvian Secrets (official POC worldbuilding thread)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How should we start the IC?

The platoon has just been formed, people don't know each other.
26%
The platoon is deployed so there's some burgeoning camaraderie, but mostly among those who are already friends from the home front.
63%
We've seen combat together: everybody knows everybody.
12%

Total votes : 43

Palonitr and Howland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Palonitr and Howland » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:59 pm

Toishima wrote:But... My MiG-21 x A-10 bastard ground attack plane...

Airships can't rule the skies alone. Planes and choppers should still do most of the heavy fighting, but when shit gets serious the airships show up and lay waste to everything on the ground.

How about we make the planes to be turbine rather than jet tech? It'll balance the whole air battle system. Making it harder to destroy blimps?

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:02 am

So why does in the application form, there is the part of "Civilian occupation"? Is that meant that Antideluvia's military organization is feudal levies? As in each nobles call up their own militia to war? Or that the nation has no professional military?
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Republic of Hasgriu
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Hasgriu » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:03 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:So why does in the application form, there is the part of "Civilian occupation"? Is that meant that Antideluvia's military organization is feudal levies? As in each nobles call up their own militia to war? Or that the nation has no professional military?

In wintertime, nobody fights, so you go back to your occupation.
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.13
New Jordslag wrote:Dammit, just realized they have each other's names in their sigs. Yet in my two years of existence nobody quotes what I say... *crawls into corner and cries*
RIP United Kingdom 1707-2016

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:04 am

Nature-Spirits wrote:@Ayreo: Would you mind outlining the capital city? Where it is, what it's called, a bit about its history, its size, etc. That would be extremely useful to me (for several purposes) and, I'm sure, to others.

@Cy & Gren: How are the food and drinks coming along? Even if you aren't finished (and I don't mean to make you feel like I'm rushing you), if you have names for some common/popular beverages and dishes would you mind passing them along to me? Thanks in advance.

TBH, I would think Thorn people are moor beer drinkers. Stouts, pilsners, lagers, all sorts. Verstact Lager is well known. I would also think that the people who live in the foot hills and highlands would brew harder liquors like whiskey and moonshine. I would say people who live in farming valleys would drink beers and people who live in mountains, highlands, and foot hills would drink liquor, mainly based upon the amount of crops the area can grow for alcohol-making. Finer stuff like wines would be on the warmer plains and hills areas. And of course, Revaalsbandt would brew and drink vodka, as I would think potatoes are the only thing that can grow up there. Plus, they are the Finns of this universe. :p

Just my suggestion.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Palonitr and Howland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Palonitr and Howland » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:05 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:So why does in the application form, there is the part of "Civilian occupation"? Is that meant that Antideluvia's military organization is feudal levies? As in each nobles call up their own militia to war? Or that the nation has no professional military?

There is a professional army but tge war halts at winter time and the military reverts back to a oassive force. People go back to their civillian jobs for a while until spring. Then after that war starts again. Plus it is some sort of a levy system.

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:06 am

How about no airships because airships are dumb and there's a reason they fell out of military use pretty quickly. Slow moving CAS craft akin to the A-1 Skyraider can perform the same role these blimps are performing, but in a significantly less dumb way.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_A-1_Skyraider

The thing can carry 8000 pounds of bombs and has four 20mm cannons. It can perform the exact same role we were planning to use airships for, but better and with a single person instead of needing a multi man crew.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:06 am

Republic of Hasgriu wrote:

In wintertime, nobody fights, so you go back to your occupation.

Ah, I understood now. Thank you for your explanation. :)

The Carlisle wrote:
Nature-Spirits wrote:@Ayreo: Would you mind outlining the capital city? Where it is, what it's called, a bit about its history, its size, etc. That would be extremely useful to me (for several purposes) and, I'm sure, to others.

@Cy & Gren: How are the food and drinks coming along? Even if you aren't finished (and I don't mean to make you feel like I'm rushing you), if you have names for some common/popular beverages and dishes would you mind passing them along to me? Thanks in advance.

TBH, I would think Thorn people are moor beer drinkers. Stouts, pilsners, lagers, all sorts. Verstact Lager is well known. I would also think that the people who live in the foot hills and highlands would brew harder liquors like whiskey and moonshine. I would say people who live in farming valleys would drink beers and people who live in mountains, highlands, and foot hills would drink liquor, mainly based upon the amount of crops the area can grow for alcohol-making. Finer stuff like wines would be on the warmer plains and hills areas. And of course, Revaalsbandt would brew and drink vodka, as I would think potatoes are the only thing that can grow up there. Plus, they are the Finns of this universe. :p

Just my suggestion.

What about military rations?
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Palonitr and Howland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Palonitr and Howland » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:07 am

Gvozdevsk wrote:How about no airships because airships are dumb and there's a reason they fell out of military use pretty quickly. Slow moving CAS craft akin to the A-1 Skyraider can perform the same role these blimps are performing, but in a significantly less dumb way.

The thing can carry 8000 pounds of bombs and has four 20mm cannons. It can perform the exact same role we were planning to use airships for, but better and with a single person instead of needing a multi man crew.

You're gonna have to talk to ayre about that. Blimps are the funner way to go though.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:08 am

Palonitr and Howland wrote:
Gvozdevsk wrote:How about no airships because airships are dumb and there's a reason they fell out of military use pretty quickly. Slow moving CAS craft akin to the A-1 Skyraider can perform the same role these blimps are performing, but in a significantly less dumb way.

You're gonna have to talk to ayre about that. Blimps are the funner way to go though.

But will the funner way able to provide effectiveness in war? That is also a question we need to discover the answer for.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Toishima
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Toishima » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:11 am

Dumb? My good sir, airships are a more elegant weapon from a more civilised age.

CAS aircraft does exist, I outlined two earlier (Skytalon and Marauder Destroyer). In a world with magics and werewolf-bear hybrids, I think airships are just fine. CAS is not what we are using the airships for. The airships are being used for heavy fire support of ground troops and supreme airborne destruction.
Call me Aki. My primary RP nation is Yamatai in Ordis. We are an MT region with an exciting constructed world. Join us. (Non Ordis version of Yamatai here)
GOKIGENYOU~
Singaporean Chinese Weeb who likes food, Japan, food, J-Pop, military stuff and Japanese food.
Ex military. Female. Otaku. Idol Wota. Physically incapable of writing posts shorter than 1,000 words.
This user supports the use of mechs, mecha and other legged machines in PMT and FT settings, and will use them.
Record word count for a single unbroken writing session: 27,154 words
Current flag is my Kami Oshi, Sato Masaki (Info here!).

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:12 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Palonitr and Howland wrote:You're gonna have to talk to ayre about that. Blimps are the funner way to go though.

But will the funner way able to provide effectiveness in war? That is also a question we need to discover the answer for.

I find it fun. Basically flying gun platforms. Effectiveness may be iffy, but this is a sort-of fantasy world anyways with magic. Plus, I want to see my continuous rain of death.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Palonitr and Howland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Palonitr and Howland » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:13 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Palonitr and Howland wrote:You're gonna have to talk to ayre about that. Blimps are the funner way to go though.

This is a completely different world from earth. In my opinion, what if the military keaders of this world found blimps to be more effective than planes? Though its up to OP either way.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:14 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:

This is a completely different world from earth. In my opinion, what if the military keaders of this world found blimps to be more effective than planes? Though its up to OP either way.

Military works in the similar way.

If the leaders found blimps to be more effective, than there's nothing we can do. After all, we are all just lowly-ranked soldiers and they are the military leaders who had served longer than us. :)
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:17 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:

Yeah. Can't wait to see his reaction. So much creativity on this thread. I know I might sound like a military idiot, but this shit sounds cool!

Plus, I wouldn't find the decision too illogical in this era. Big natural barriers, not so advanced tech, a large flying gun platform sounds good tactically. And with transport, it is good strategically as well.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Toishima
Senator

Postby Toishima » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:18 am

Supposing 2nd Mech Werebear gets airlifted via airship at any point, do you think... Do you think an airship cabin can be used to hotbox?
Call me Aki. My primary RP nation is Yamatai in Ordis. We are an MT region with an exciting constructed world. Join us. (Non Ordis version of Yamatai here)
GOKIGENYOU~
Singaporean Chinese Weeb who likes food, Japan, food, J-Pop, military stuff and Japanese food.
Ex military. Female. Otaku. Idol Wota. Physically incapable of writing posts shorter than 1,000 words.
This user supports the use of mechs, mecha and other legged machines in PMT and FT settings, and will use them.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:20 am

Toishima wrote:Supposing 2nd Mech Werebear gets airlifted via airship at any point, do you think... Do you think an airship cabin can be used to hotbox?

Of course. I can see the mechanics who remain over winter to maintain the things would be hotboxing in the blimps on leave.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:09 am

Grün Himmel, the ancient home of House zu Heltzer. This dense forrest can be seen at the outskirts of Linvale, a vast and thick forrest of magnificent trees with leaves so thick that it blocks the sun, giving its meaning to "Green Sky". It was once the ancient home of the House; the zu Heltzers have since reclaimed their ancient Forrest through the centuries, restoring the delicate ecosystem from the ever expanding and callous disregard of House Oosburg whose mining industry has compromised many areas, not to mention the delicate peace zu Heltzer had negotiated long ago.

Grün Himmel has also seen a fair share of zu Heltzers repopulate the forrest. Along with the zu Heltzers, minor houses owing allegiance to House zu Heltzer have also made homes built into the trees, incorporating natural rocks and earth as foundation and support. The forrest is heavily patrolled, maintained, and guarded by the zu Heltzers and its minor house affiliates, all of whom are weary of House Oosburg's encroachment.

-Carly, letme know if this is fine with you considering our TG's.
-Ayr, hopefully this is okay with you as well.
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Palonitr and Howland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Palonitr and Howland » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:20 am

Mincaldenteans wrote:Grün Himmel, the ancient home of House zu Heltzer. This dense forrest can be seen at the outskirts of Linvale, a vast and thick forrest of magnificent trees with leaves so thick that it blocks the sun, giving its meaning to "Green Sky". It was once the ancient home of the House; the zu Heltzers have since reclaimed their ancient Forrest through the centuries, restoring the delicate ecosystem from the ever expanding and callous disregard of House Oosburg whose mining industry has compromised many areas, not to mention the delicate peace zu Heltzer had negotiated long ago.

Grün Himmel has also seen a fair share of zu Heltzers repopulate the forrest. Along with the zu Heltzers, minor houses owing allegiance to House zu Heltzer have also made homes built into the trees, incorporating natural rocks and earth as foundation and support. The forrest is heavily patrolled, maintained, and guarded by the zu Heltzers and its minor house affiliates, all of whom are weary of House Oosburg's encroachment.

Ohhh politics.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:43 am

Mincaldenteans wrote:Grün Himmel, the ancient home of House zu Heltzer. This dense forrest can be seen at the outskirts of Linvale, a vast and thick forrest of magnificent trees with leaves so thick that it blocks the sun, giving its meaning to "Green Sky". It was once the ancient home of the House; the zu Heltzers have since reclaimed their ancient Forrest through the centuries, restoring the delicate ecosystem from the ever expanding and callous disregard of House Oosburg whose mining industry has compromised many areas, not to mention the delicate peace zu Heltzer had negotiated long ago.

Completely fine. We are like dwarves. We dig greedily, balrogs or not. Maybe less so now, since environmental issues are not really brought up.But that's because they they love us so much! Why care for the balrogs deep down in the mines when you have a a bed, a job, and beer every meal!
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Republic of Hasgriu
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Hasgriu » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:53 am

The Carlisle wrote:

Completely fine. We are like dwarves. We dig greedily, balrogs or not. Maybe less so now, since environmental issues are not really brought up.But that's because they they love us so much! Why care for the balrogs deep down in the mines when you have a a bed, a job, and beer every meal!

Not just any ol' beer, it's Dwarven beer.
...someone make that.
Last edited by Republic of Hasgriu on Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.13
New Jordslag wrote:Dammit, just realized they have each other's names in their sigs. Yet in my two years of existence nobody quotes what I say... *crawls into corner and cries*
RIP United Kingdom 1707-2016

Kisinger
Senator

Founded: Oct 26, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kisinger » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:07 am

This creativity..... Is.... Awesome....Though Airships are outclassed... Very vulnerable considering they need to be lighter than air which equals hydrogen which in turns equals lightly covered skin which equals highly flammable and destructive. They would need lots of air cover from Jets or Planes(Depending on Tech also remember in war technology advances at a rate that equals 1 year=4 year advance during war.) So it is likely it would be jet aircraft. Even with the mages you have to remember they are looked down upon(As said in the OP) or dismissed crazy talk, so no use on our side but I guess they're side could use it. Up to the OP in the end but he said 50s-60s so yes there would be jet aircraft unless he makes the exception...
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Don't you dare take my other 75% orgasm. I'm a greedy womyn, influenced by the cold hard erection of the patriarchy.

"First rule of leadership: everything is your fault." ~ Bug's Life

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:17 am

The Carlisle wrote:

Just my suggestion.

It's going, though I was getting drunk yesterday so I didn't really get too much done yesterday.

Damnit, you did my job for me.

Thanks.

Now I need a drink, and to cry myself to sleep.

But seriously though, I was thinking way too hard into it with all the types of liquor, and I was also going to plan out some unique mixed drinks and cocktails.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Toishima
Senator

Postby Toishima » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:52 am

Fuck, I'm going to miss the grand opening of the IC if it's really tomorrow. I won't be able to access a computer for two days. Screw unpowered rural villagessssss.
GOKIGENYOU~

Ayreonia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:57 am

Gvozdevsk wrote:Lots of

The Carlisle wrote:stuff about

Toishima wrote:airships

etc.

You guys aren't seeing the main awesome of the airship. They're real quiet. Great for sneaking up on motherfuckers. I especially like the "assault blimp" that drops troops. Paint one black, deploy it to the enemy's flank by night, grab popcorn. Beautiful.

Oh, and I'd see the fire support airship as something that kinda hangs back and fires its guns from a distance. Essentially a floating mobile artillery piece. Open fire, lift anchor, float away to avoid counterbattery fire, drop anchor, repeat. The guns couldn't be lolhueg, since airships are light things. Too heavy recoil would just push it off course. So stuff like recoilless guns (such as our beloved Slammer) and rockets.

Will add.
Republic of Hasgriu wrote:I think I have the most characters now,
Name: Richard Stanislav Mikuláš Dvorak
Sex/gender: M
Years of service: 1
Civilian occupation: Butcher
Nobility: N/A

Preferred role: Driver
Preferred squad/platoon: Golf

Appearance:Here.

Will add.
Toishima wrote:My shit is too basic for your beautiful worldbuilding, anything I make turns out terrible in comparison. I'll just look at the vehicles for now.

Aircraft
I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Smells like... Victory.
P-23 Skyclaw

The Skyclaw is a single-engine, all weather supersonic interceptor designed following the Antediluvian equipment doctrine- cheap, modular and numerous. It is one of the more common fighter aircraft in the world. Says something about our manufacturing capabilities, doesn't it?

It has an inlet cone in the air intake, swept-back delta wings and two tailfins. The entire fuselage contains the engine, with the engine thrust nozzle coming out of the rear of the plane. Opinions vary whether the plane is beautiful or hideous, but it gets the job done. It is able to go to a top speed of 2,100 km/h and has a range of 1,200 km on internal fuel, and can accept external fuel tanks as well. The Skyclaw climbs at a rate of 220 m/s to a service ceiling of around 17,800 m.

Armament-wise, the Skyclaw is armed with an internal 20mm cannon, plus four wing pylon hardpoints for air-to-air missiles and an inline underfuselage hardpoint for external drop tanks. The ejection seat is an innovative design, where the seat connects with the canopy and forms a protective shell around the pilot, so those inglorious sons-of-bitches are protected as they come crashing back down.

When you see Skyclaws tearing past and securing the air, rest assured we'll get some CAS or even a LAT run soon.

A-23 Skytalon

The Skytalon is a variant of the Skyclaw, designed for ground-attack purposes. The main difference is the shape of the wings, where the delta wings have been removed in favour of straight wings to maintain a lower airspeed, perfect for strafing or bombing Precambrians back to the stone age. Sacrificing speed and manoeuvrability for carrying capacity and armour, the Skytalon is also heavily armoured and can withstand small-arms fire. I can't verify it, but I've heard of Skytalons returning to base safely with a tailfin and half a wing lost. These are the bastards we need to count on when the big tanks roll in.

Intended to blast ground formations apart, the Skytalon has a 30mm cannon installed, though a variant (A-23b) has two 20mm cannons instead. It also has six wing pylons for bombs or air-to-ground missiles, as well as an inline underfuselage hardpoint for external drop tanks. Some "homebrew" variants exist, particularly those belonging to squadrons stationed at forward airbases, incorporating multiple machine guns strapped to the fuselage or other outlandish ideas like dropping parachuted supplies into battle via fighter. It has one pilot.

The thing may be uglier than the 'Claw, but you hear this thing coming in, just hit the dirt and hope he doesn't miss with those napalm bombs. One second you're facing a wall of Precam mooks, the next you're clear. Might want to savour the smell of barbecuing Precams before you move up.

R-23 Skyraider

Another variant of the Skyclaw, the Skyraider is not so much designed for fighting than it is for reconnaissance. Made for long-range patrols, scouting and information gathering, the Skyraider is completely unarmed. Externally, it appears identical to the Skyclaw, but incorporates powerful radar and cameras within the fuselage and on a deployable pod beneath the fuselage. It can act as an airborne coordinator for ground troops in addition to its scouting duties. The Skyraider also has two crewmembers, the pilot and a communications officer, who sit in an elongated cockpit.

Now this sonofabitch is unarmed, but don't let that fool you. Without this guy, we'll be blind and mute out there. Sure, the tree cover might just be too thick for the 'Raider to see a thing, but there are some things that just can't hide. Like a whole Precam convoy. Wouldn't want that to sneak up behind up, would we?

B-33 Marauder

A heavily-armed bomber aircraft, the B-33 is a supersonic, high-altitude strategic bomber. Its most prominent and destructive use is carpet bombing, which flattens large areas of the Forest and enemies with it, sometimes known as Crawling Thunder. We call it the flying shell due to its elongated shape, similar to a 30mm shell with swept-back wings, as well as its tendency to explode in a massive spectacle when shot down.

The Marauder is capable of flying at a maximum speed of 1,047 km/h and has a service ceiling of 15,000 m. It is powered by four jet engines, located directly beside the fuselage as part of the wing structure to reduce drag. It has three turrets of questionable usefulness- a tail turret with a 12.5mm machine gun, a nose turret with a 20mm gun and a dorsal turret with two 12.5mm machine guns. It is capable of carrying up to 60,000 pounds of assorted ordnance. It has a crew of five.

This one here just blows things up. You won't see it. It's too far up to see clearly, and the Marauder jockeys love to fly at night. But you'll know it's there when you hear Crawling Thunder happen. It's like an arty barrage, but sounds ten times better.

A-33 Marauder Destroyer

A Marauder outfitted to perform CAS duties, the imaginatively-named Marauder Destroyer is armed with even more guns, by removing the entire bomb payload. The nose turret is removed and replaced with a staggering six 25mm cannons controlled by the pilot, while the tail turret also receives a 25mm gun to pick off targets missed by the initial strafing run. The dorsal turret is unchanged. Wing-mounted pods can also carry bombs or missile launchers.

When this big bastard rears his ugly head, drop everything, hit the dirt and prepare for your victory parade, because nothing- Nothing, can withstand the full might of a Destroyer strafing run. It's called a Destroyer for a reason. Tanks, men, your eardrums, it just goes boom. And splat.

H-42 Low Altitude Transport

Called by a myriad of nicknames, the H-42 LAT is a humble, single-engined utility chopper with a crew of two. This helicopters are highly recognisable, and the mere mention of a highly dangerous and risky LAT run- often laden with supplies and Medevac, and the target of all Precambrian gunfire in the sector- is enough motivation for ground troops to rush to begin cutting an LZ. Trust me, you will want to grab a saw and hack at those trees. The LAT can carry up to 8 soldiers or 3 stretchers, and often has two machine gun mounts in the cargo compartment. Externally, rockets and more guns can be mounted, as well as speakers to play the Flight of the Valkyries while strafing Precambrians on the ground.

Need I say more? Hell, you probably even came out here on a LAT as well. We'll see a lot of them out here, downed or otherwise.

(It's just a Huey)

Great stuff. Will add.
Republic of Hasgriu wrote:Any more unfinished squads? I noticed that Hotel is an APC, and doesn't need a Gunner.
OH YEAH! How about Fire Controllers? Do we need those?

Wouldn't hurt to have another one, I guess.

Gren, you wanna do this?

There is a professional army but tge war halts at winter time and the military reverts back to a oassive force. People go back to their civillian jobs for a while until spring. Then after that war starts again. Plus it is some sort of a levy system.

No, it's not professional. Conscripted.

The thing is that since most of the population is also part of the Armed Forces, you aren't deployed all the time. There's a rotation. Plus in the winter the amount of deployed troops is reduced drastically.
The Carlisle wrote:Official Name: County of Hugeleg (Rolling Hills)
Local Name: Slatina (Moors)

A temperate climate dominated by rolling hills and plains. The area used to be moorish all over, but land clearance and new technology gave way to clearing of many of the marshes, turning it into a large agricultural area.

The place is unique because it has a high amount of names, surnames, and words related to the long dead Vyoroney culture. While the people are very Hengistic, there is a noticeable difference in accent, wording, and names between other Hengistic people. There are even different festivals and cultural interpretation between the people here and other Hengistics. The locals even call the county by a different name, Slatina, and go a different name called Slatina-lide. Because of this, archaeologists and anthropologists flock to this area to study the people and dig out older villages.

Despite the differences, the people are heavily mixed. In the north, its more Hengistic, in the center its more pure with the purity better as you go to the center, and more Ezeric in the south.

The people, despite there differences, are very united. A Hengistic speaking Slatina-lide and an Ezeric Slatina-lide feel more connected to each other than with the hengistic or Ezeric in the next county, even if the distance is so minimal.

Ah shoot I forgot the picture!

Here it is:

Will add.
Gvozdevsk wrote:This is a good video to watch for everyone in this RP, just to kind of familiarize yourself with small unit tactics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz0a_QGifPM

Pretty cool. Squad tactics were basically the same back then, it seems.
New Zepuha wrote:
Cause I'd like to be crew commander of an LT rather than IFV.
TLT-15 Light Tank

The LT-15 was designed originally to be a light assault vehicle made to carry out raids on enemy supply lines. But due to failing design options and a lack of significant power plan to make it fast enough to keep up with a mission. Due to the medium depth of the armor it was resigned to an infantry support role, it was essentially used to run alongside infantry and keep enemy infantry from overrunning certain positions.

At 15 tons, 7.7m hull and a 5.5m long 50mm gun; it is mainly stocked with high explosive ammunition but has a very low amount of armor piercing. Using the LT-15 to counter anything other than IFVs is discouraged if not plain stupid. It is crewed by a loader, a driver who doubles as the gunner, and a commander. Their is a coaxial 7.62mm gun, and in the commanders cupola mounts the M175/H the heavy barreled version of the M174/s, it is adapted to fire from a box.

The Commanders cupola sits high up in the turret where his hatch has small observation slits armored with high density glass. Lower and to the left the loader sits where he can reach shells from the magazine to the rear of the crew compartment. This area is not armored well, so avoid getting hit in the rear middle. A fast and capable tank, avoid getting hit at all, there is no emergency hatch all crew have to scramble out the top hatch or driver door. The compartment is fairly small as well, large tankers not recommended.

[Medium and heavy designs to come]

Good, but it's a terrible idea to have the same guy shoot and drive on a turreted design. If you really want to stay at a three-man crew, the loader cab double as the gunner in a pinch, although that will slow target acquisition and rate of fire.
Reverend Norv wrote:Yup. Toishima and I would like our characters to swap squads, if that's possible. Better dynamic that way.

Will do.
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:00 am

What time tomorrow, in Eastern Standard? If it happens later tonight, or in the extremely wee hours of the morning, I will not be able to make it. I've got a bonfire to attend to tonight, so if the IC is launched at around - oh, let's say, Midnight EST - then I won't be there. Since my character is the Platoon Sergeant, I'd prefer it be sometime tomorrow after 12 PM EST, since I have an innate fear of being bogged down in IC posts before I am able to post. This is your RP though, so you do what you believe to be the best option.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse