NATION

PASSWORD

St. Thomas School for the Gifted(OOC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:59 pm

Breitenfeld-Sibbesborg wrote:
Corrian wrote:I notice like, more than half of the people have their powers in the super powerful range (Class III and IV). Why does everyone always like being so powerful?!. Us lower power people are lonely! :P

My character can't even use her power against meta-humans. That's pretty low :(

Mine has to really focus to do anything of note, and can't affect too much simultaneously. (Only able to keep hair up while doing other stuff because a) it is close to her head b) she has had a great deal of practice on it c) if stuff is close enough, effects do persist for quite some time.) I actually considered classing her as Level 2, given this and the olive (juuust barely an outlier) eyes.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Complectuss
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Complectuss » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:11 pm

Yo Tarn, mind if I advert my new rp here???
Why would you ever want to be straight tbh

much like Vesperis, I am also a slut for aona rps
sometimes I help make them
usually they are about angsty teens

Don't vote for trump pls I don't like tyranny

Sa1ome7
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sa1ome7 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:58 pm

Corrian wrote:I notice like, more than half of the people have their powers in the super powerful range (Class III and IV). Why does everyone always like being so powerful?!. Us lower power people are lonely! :P

Ever see "Sky High"? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_High_(2005_film)

As for me, I imagined what my character's powers could do and how possibly destructive she might be, as well as what paranoid govt. officials might think, and asked the OP for his 'two cents', and came up with Class III.

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:05 pm

Complectuss wrote:Yo Tarn, mind if I advert my new rp here???

Go ahead.
My RPs:
The Supernatural Chronicles

Complectuss
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Complectuss » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:19 pm

So I didn't grab the link before I started to reply but whatever, the link is in my sig

Anyways, I'd be pretty hyped if you guys checked out the OP I posted today for an rp idea I've been working on for the past month. IT's set in a semi-cyberpunk world with few laws. You and the others play as part of a merc organization known as the Glass. I can ensure that the plot will definitely be interesting. :) I'd love if you guys considered it.

Brechalht
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Brechalht » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:25 pm

ignore
Last edited by Brechalht on Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:45 pm

Brechalht wrote:Harrison made waffles for Hanna using his clone.
I think that was pretty clever, if you ask me. 8) :p

Nice! I'm still waiting for that clone, if you don't mind.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

Brechalht
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Brechalht » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:00 pm

ignore
Last edited by Brechalht on Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:01 pm

Brechalht wrote:
The Starlight wrote:Nice! I'm still waiting for that clone, if you don't mind.

Ah, I will.
The only issue I was hoping time would resolve is that she is also in the cafeteria.
I'll get on it as soon as possible.

Thanks!
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

Sa1ome7
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sa1ome7 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:55 pm

I have read the tea leaves and it appears that everyone needs to be in the auditorium, soon. :hug:

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:00 pm

Sa1ome7 wrote:

Ever see "Sky High"? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_High_(2005_film)

As for me, I imagined what my character's powers could do and how possibly destructive she might be, as well as what paranoid govt. officials might think, and asked the OP for his 'two cents', and came up with Class III.

Nope. Never saw it, though I was tempted to check to see if it was on Netflix just for the sake of something to watch.

Complectuss wrote:So I didn't grab the link before I started to reply but whatever, the link is in my sig

Anyways, I'd be pretty hyped if you guys checked out the OP I posted today for an rp idea I've been working on for the past month. IT's set in a semi-cyberpunk world with few laws. You and the others play as part of a merc organization known as the Glass. I can ensure that the plot will definitely be interesting. :) I'd love if you guys considered it.

I'm already kinda overdoing it on RP's, sorry :(
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Sa1ome7
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sa1ome7 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:06 pm

Corrian wrote:
Sa1ome7 wrote:Ever see "Sky High"? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_High_(2005_film)

Nope. Never saw it, though I was tempted to check to see if it was on Netflix just for the sake of something to watch.

Complectuss wrote:So I didn't grab the link before I started to reply but whatever, the link is in my sig

I'm already kinda overdoing it on RP's, sorry :(

About "Sky High". It's camp and kitschy. Not an Oscar winner by any stretch of the imagination. If you like teen age silly, go for it!

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:10 pm

Sa1ome7 wrote:About "Sky High". It's camp and kitschy. Not an Oscar winner by any stretch of the imagination. If you like teen age silly, go for it!

Yeah, I kinda guessed it probably wasn't something amazing :P

It's more something I need when I feel like watching something more, I dunno, like you said, silly. I mean, I have School of Rock sitting on my Netflix queue to watch at some point. Well again, because I've seen that before, years and years ago.
My Last.FM and RYM

Complectuss
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Complectuss » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:11 pm

Corrian wrote:
Sa1ome7 wrote:About "Sky High". It's camp and kitschy. Not an Oscar winner by any stretch of the imagination. If you like teen age silly, go for it!

Yeah, I kinda guessed it probably wasn't something amazing :P

It's more something I need when I feel like watching something more, I dunno, like you said, silly. I mean, I have School of Rock sitting on my Netflix queue to watch at some point. Well again, because I've seen that before, years and years ago.

But School of Rock is fucking awesome

guy teaches a bunch of eight year olds how important the arts are. I haven't seen a movie stressing the importance of the arts in years.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:16 pm

Complectuss wrote:
Corrian wrote:Yeah, I kinda guessed it probably wasn't something amazing :P

But School of Rock is fucking awesome

guy teaches a bunch of eight year olds how important the arts are. I haven't seen a movie stressing the importance of the arts in years.

And JB. I love JB. Because my friends say I act like him, and looked like him before my haircut.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:18 pm

Complectuss wrote:But School of Rock is fucking awesome

Doesn't mean it ain't silly :P

But yeah, getting across the importance of the arts is good. My sister and I actually used that teacher for a music teacher in an RP once. It was hard to resist.

I'm trying to post you guys, no tempting me with wanting to remind myself what School of Rock was like! :P
My Last.FM and RYM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:32 pm

Oh, and since I forgot to mention it IC-wise, and I'm not sure you have read my app, Jenna has a British accent, Sa1ome7
My Last.FM and RYM

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:34 pm

Corrian wrote:Oh, and since I forgot to mention it IC-wise, and I'm not sure you have read my app, Jenna has a British accent, Sa1ome7

Yaaay!! Another British girl. :lol:

Military Factbook
The best damn alliance to ever grace NS
Strike witches

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group

Sa1ome7
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sa1ome7 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:00 pm

Corrian wrote:Oh, and since I forgot to mention it IC-wise, and I'm not sure you have read my app, Jenna has a British accent, Sa1ome7

I did read that. I'll try to remember it.

Likewise, don't forget to have Jenna look for the albino girl. At least, I think there's only one in the school. :p

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:05 pm

Sa1ome7 wrote:

I did read that. I'll try to remember it.

Likewise, don't forget to have Jenna look for the albino girl. At least, I think there's only one in the school. :p

Yeah, I kinda felt like I should have had Jenna acknowledge, at least mentally, her appearance, which I only really noticed AFTER I started responding to your character :P Usually I like to acknowledge that stuff.

Nachfolgia wrote:Yaaay!! Another British girl. :lol:

Obviously those two need to communicate :P And talk about Doctor Who *Nods*
My Last.FM and RYM

Sa1ome7
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sa1ome7 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:11 pm

Corrian wrote:
Sa1ome7 wrote:I did read that. I'll try to remember it.

Yeah, I kinda felt like I should have had Jenna acknowledge, at least mentally, her appearance, which I only really noticed AFTER I started responding to your character :P Usually I like to acknowledge that stuff.

Nachfolgia wrote:Yaaay!! Another British girl. :lol:

Obviously those two need to communicate :P And talk about Doctor Who *Nods*

They should be roommates. :)

Brechalht
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Brechalht » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:38 pm

ignore
Last edited by Brechalht on Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Great Korean Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Korean Empire » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:41 pm

Should get a post up today.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." -Ernest Hemingway

"To have found God and still to pursue him is the soul's paradox of love, scorned indeed by the too-easily-satisfied religionist, but justified in happy experience by the children of the burning heart." -A.W. Tozer.

Brechalht
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Brechalht » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:48 pm

ignore
Last edited by Brechalht on Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:33 pm

Calling it a night now, but tomorrow I plan on actually reading the entire IC, and finishing my other two characters, instead of getting sidetracked.
My Last.FM and RYM

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse