NATION

PASSWORD

Of Grades And Grenades: Eureka Academy(IC/OPENING SOON)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:39 pm

"I said some shit about your faction on the plane" Callandra pointed out, surprised he didn't seem to remember. Not that it really mattered, but she was still surprised. She also didn't completely consider what she had said as an apology, more confirming to him that she had just been talking shit to talk shit and get into the mood of things, not actually insulting people for real. Well, even if somewhere in her mind she might agree with the words that had come out of her mouth earlier. "I don't get offended easy" She said in response to his apology if he had offended her. Sure, making up funny insults related to her faction could even irritate the best of you, but she still didn't really get offended, finding that whole situation earlier just humorous and entertaining, taking none of it very seriously. And she really was liking all of this bowing...

"I'm not sure honestly. I saw a few people get invited, but that's about it. I don't think most of them have showed up yet, surprisingly enough. You might be better off asking Saito over there" she pointed her finger across the table, "Though I don't know if he knows, either. I'm just waiting for more people to show up while idly chit chatting" Callandra said.

"And speak of the devil, whatever the hell that means" Callandra said when she saw Ashcroft and Lizzy walking towards them, saying some generic saying she had heard many times before that made no sense to her. "Looks like here's two of the invited guests" She said, giving a nod their way as they approached, smiling warmly. She smiled even bigger at Ashcroft calling her "milady". "Milady, eh? These compliments today just keep on gettin' better. I can only hope they continue further" She said in response to Ashcroft, seeming pleased, throwing on a grin now. She gave a bow of her head to Lizzy. "It is nice to meet you, Lizzy" She said, offering her hand out to Lizzy to shake in greeting if she wanted to.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:41 pm

Brechalht wrote:At that precise moment, Ashcroft an Lizzy walked into Paradox. "Hullo, Tex. I was going to meet the part here also. The Last Night, what a time! Too bad it is once a year."

He smiled and waved to Callandra. "Hello, milady! Oh, by the way, this freshman here is Lizzy. A quite nice girl, Ill vouch for her eat my honor- oh, wait, other leagues don recognize my honor. You'll just have to get to know her then." He smiled at his own self depreciating joke. "Lizzy, this is Callandra and Aiden. Some long time acquaintances and occasional rivals of mine."

Ashcroft motioned for a waitress, noticing her dress for but a moment.

"Apollo, so good to see you back. I'll have to tell some of the others!"

"Thank you, Eliza. And could I have a- Tex, what is that? American whiskey? Ill have some of that. You know, normally I wouldn't, but you know what they say, 'When late to the bar, be scarce and drink what is out there.' I am not good at the former, but the latter I can tolerate. How have you two been?"

"Ashcroft." Aiden tipped his glass at the pilot's direction, another sip and a nod. "I just started drinkin'. Good timing too.

"I'll recognize your honor, just after Defion. And Leviathan. And any brave souls who stand out in Invictus. But I'll recognize ya, nonetheless. Jay just left. Said Val was sick. You shoulda seen him waggin' his tail as he left!" He laughed. A real knee-slapper, that one. "Lizzy, then. General Aiden Flint. Nice to meet you." Aiden delivered a quick bow, then a sly grin to Aaron. "I can do official. Just being free is more fun." Sip. Wipe the lips. Look around in the crowd for someone to be on his side: Aiden found none. He sighed, staring into his whiskey. "Wish I had more o' my boys. They got lost or somethin'."
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Saestea
Senator

Founded: Dec 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:03 pm

Johannes Sundberg

"Drugs?" Johan gasped, drawing a hand close to his mouth in shock. "That doesn't sound good. And neither does the rest of what you said..." he added, shaking his head. And Kai went to the Party, too!

Listening over the rest of what Daniel said, Johan looked worried again, less wistful. "No... I'm not fond of going to parties." he answered nonchalantly. He almost forgot that eventually, someone was going to have to die. If he did in the next few days, his mother would probably cry about it for weeks. But this was his choice, and his dream. They only let him, trusting his judgment and experience. Besides, he was a big boy now. He followed closely behind Daniel as he observed the penguins, trying to think up what he would do as well.

He would have to kill friends in this fight for survival. That didn't sound appealing at all. He wouldn't worry about himself, as death was something he felt he was prepared for, despite his age. His views on life could be considered very mature.
"I hope I don't have to kill you either..." he mumbled, wondering if he could actually bear to kill anyone at all.
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Brechalht
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Brechalht » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:12 pm

ignore
Last edited by Brechalht on Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brechalht
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Brechalht » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:15 pm

ignore
Last edited by Brechalht on Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Republic of Hasgriu
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Hasgriu » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:30 pm

Daniel knew that Johannes would be worried at the mention of drugs. He seemed like a very gentle and kind person, somebody not suited to military life. Perhaps born to a wealthy family. Johannes would probably serve as a foot soldier, and may not make his first year. Infantry were so squishy. Everything else could massacre them. Including himself.
But that was enough wondering about military. He could do that for the rest of the year. Now, he could simply relax. Daniel checked his bag. Inside, there was Bao Bei, Naphtali, Burberry, Lumboy, his clothes, and 36 different sweets. He took a sweet, unwrapped it, and popped it into his mouth in one swift motion. "Do you want one, Johannes?", he offered.
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.13
New Jordslag wrote:Dammit, just realized they have each other's names in their sigs. Yet in my two years of existence nobody quotes what I say... *crawls into corner and cries*
RIP United Kingdom 1707-2016

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:46 pm

"Aer Vis. It is quite fun, flying planes. I love it. Always have been fascinated with planes, and now I get to fly one. It's like a dream come true being here" Callandra said, smiling brightly. She almost said that Aer Vis was the best faction here, but thought better of it in front of the others. She downed the rest of her drink, which was almost empty, not seeming all that affected by one alcoholic drink, or considering it that strong or anything.

"Not surprised? Is that a compliment in itself?" Callandra asked with a grin, enjoying these compliments probably more than she should. But what was a bit of basking in compliments here and there? It had to be harmless, right? Not that harmless really mattered to her. "It was certainly up there, anyway" She said with a smile. "I feel very well treated for my first day here" She said, dumping the last droplets left in her glass into her mouth.
My Last.FM and RYM

Brechalht
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Brechalht » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:51 pm

ignore
Last edited by Brechalht on Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:35 am, edited 4 times in total.

Saestea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:02 am

Johannes Sundberg

From looking sad and everything, Johan's expression brightened up at the sight of candies. He smiled even more with Daniel asking if he wanted any. Johan nodded. "Yes, please." he said politely.

He wasn't sure what candies he'd get, but it didn't matter. Candies were candies. Waiting to get one, he leaned against the railing to watch the penguins scamper about in their exhibit, some of them jumping into the water, and others just lounging in the open. "What are your subjects, Daniel?" he asked, extending his arm into the pen for the penguins to smell. They seemed comfortable around him, too. They had never seen or smelled a fox before.
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:07 am

"This is my 2nd year, actually. But I had a set back last year, and I'm still a sophomore. I got in a crash, and almost died. But hey, I'm alive. That's all that matters. I managed to land and not explode, which is good enough for me" Callandra shrugged her shoulders. "Now I have a story to tell that I had a near death experience. An interesting subject, indeed" She seemed rather casual about the whole ordeal involving her and her near death experience. She saw his momentary look at what she was wearing, but she took it as him looking her up and down, and she always enjoyed when people did that, really. She almost said something, but he asked her a different question than she had expected him to ask her. "Bristol, England. I am sure my accent gave you a good hint at where I may have been from" She said, smiling some more.
My Last.FM and RYM

Brechalht
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Brechalht » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:11 am

ignore
Last edited by Brechalht on Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Republic of Hasgriu
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Hasgriu » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:16 am

Daniel was slightly amused by Johannes's change of expression. Johannes must also like sweet food. He reached into his bag and took out a cube wrapped in plastic with the words 'Pomegranate Candy' printed on it. He hoped Johannes wasn't allergic to it. He observed the penguins react to Johannes's arm before remembering about the sweet in his hand. He put it on the hand outside the penguin pen, and then answered, "Air Force and Cavalry. Wish they had a penguin course too. Your subjects?"
Last edited by Republic of Hasgriu on Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
New Jordslag wrote:Dammit, just realized they have each other's names in their sigs. Yet in my two years of existence nobody quotes what I say... *crawls into corner and cries*

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:30 am

"Yes, it is certainly nice for me to run across some of my fellow countrymen while I'm here. Especially when they are nice, like yourself" Callandra grinned, throwing a compliment his way this time, instead of him throwing one her way. Might as well be flattering, right? Flattery could get you places. Many different places. And that was good enough for her. "I am glad to see that I survived as well. Death is what it is, but I do rather like being alive to see another year here" She said with a light chuckle. "Of course, if you go off of my opinion of death, you probably don't even think about the fact you're dead. You're just...dead. And that's that. But another year here is still nice if I say so myself" She said, then continued onto the next question. "Any fighter plane that I can get my hands on, really. If it's a fighter jet, I'm happy. If I'm needed, I'll fly something bigger, like a bomber or one of those ugly ass cargo planes, but it feels much more natural for me if I fly a fighter plane over those, so that is always my preferred flying method, and because of that, that is what I usually get allowed to fly" She told him.
My Last.FM and RYM

Saestea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:31 am

Johannes Sundberg

"Thanks." said Johan, grinning. He pulled his arm out of the penguin pen and opened the candy. Taking in its smell, he bit into it a little first, then eventually just took it into his mouth, humming to show his satisfaction.
"Penguin course?" he chuckled, still chewing the candy in his mouth. After his laughing he answered, "Infantry and Armor. We own a lot of tanks back at home. Sometimes I wish I could bring a few of them here..."
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Brechalht
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Brechalht » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:38 am

ignore
Last edited by Brechalht on Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Republic of Hasgriu
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Hasgriu » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:43 am

He owned tanks. Daniel was quite taken aback by that statement. Johannes' s family was certainly rich, but he did not expect them to be that wealthy. He wondered how they became so wealthy. Mercenaries usually want their children to follow in their footsteps, but Johannes didn't look trained at all, though he was in STAG. He asked quizzically, "Are they in working condition? How did your family manage to procure the vehicles? Does your family own any planes or ships?"
He really needed to stop asking questions in bursts like that.

Saestea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:58 am

Johannes Sundberg

"Yes. Sometime before I came here, min pappa found me a Panther and a Jagdpanther! He brought some experts and mechanics in as well so they could get it working. I used to drive tanks all the time behind our house. My dad is a doctor, but my grandfather was a great, great lawyer. So my father inherited all the money he earned and added to it. We don't have any ships, but there are a few planes. Like my dad's favorite, the deHavilland Dragon, and the Bombardier that's always in the hangars. See, daddy loves history, like me. With so many museums being damaged by war these days, he thinks we should help preserve them. He does the same with animals too, you know". explained Johan, rolling the candy along his tongue as he spoke.

He didn't sound prideful at all, but he spoke with a matter-of-fact tone. It was obvious by the look on his face that he missed his parents and his tanks and all those animals, but it was his own choice to come here. His parents loved and cared for him deeply, but they would rather not see him sad because he couldn't get out there and see the world, no matter how screwed up it was, and how dangerous it could be to him.
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:58 am

Callandra chuckled at his comment about covering him, and shook her head playfully. "I'm pretty sure it will likely automatically be my, and the others job to protect the bomber. It only makes sense, the smaller planes protecting the largest" She said, nodding her head lightly. She pondered getting herself another drink, but didn't move to do so quite just yet. She wanted to keep talking, if she could think of anything to say. This man seemed like quite the interesting one to talk to. In fact, almost everyone she had talked to today seemed interesting. But most people were interesting in some way. Though there were certainly the boring ones who didn't stand out very well at all, because they fit into about every generic stereotype you could think of. That didn't typically make you a very interesting person, she thought. Nobody she met today fit into said stereotypes.

"Looks like the alcohol is beginning to get to you" Callandra said, noticing something looking a little off about him after his last drink. She grinned lightly. "Trust me, I know the signs" She said with a laugh.
My Last.FM and RYM

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:54 am

Brechalht wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:"Ashcroft." Aiden tipped his glass at the pilot's direction, another sip and a nod. "I just started drinkin'. Good timing too.

"I'll recognize your honor, just after Defion. And Leviathan. And any brave souls who stand out in Invictus. But I'll recognize ya, nonetheless. Jay just left. Said Val was sick. You shoulda seen him waggin' his tail as he left!" He laughed. A real knee-slapper, that one. "Lizzy, then. General Aiden Flint. Nice to meet you." Aiden delivered a quick bow, then a sly grin to Aaron. "I can do official. Just being free is more fun." Sip. Wipe the lips. Look around in the crowd for someone to be on his side: Aiden found none. He sighed, staring into his whiskey. "Wish I had more o' my boys. They got lost or somethin'."

Lizzy shook his hand, and smiled. "A pleasure to meet you, Tex. I understand you know Aaron?"

Ashcroft cocked his head. "General, Tex? A wonderful promotion, how did you come by it? It is unfortunate your boys couldn't be here, a general always needs his army. However, I promise to be an adequate drinking partner."
He took a sip of his whiskey to underscore his point.

"I know 'im. I know 'im well enough." Aiden nodded to Lizzy, a barely perceptible grin on his face. "Well, in the wake of some bad training, Axel's senior choice for the spot got exed in a sim. Something went wrong and he never ejected. So he asked me." Aiden couldn't stand getting any more sober and somber than he was now. He drank a good amount of the whiskey left in the bottle, now drained to less than half.

"Well. You need me for somethin', let me know. I'm going to get drunk and have fun. This is too depressing." Aiden waved behind him as he walked into the crowd, intent on leaving now.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Republic of Hasgriu
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Hasgriu » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:58 am

"Panther?" Daniel echoed in surprise. The machines were around a century old already. To be able to obtain such a thing, Johannes's family must have a lot of money, influence, or both. Just how rich was his family? Unfortunately, they did not seem to have any military aircraft, only commercial piston-engine planes, as deHavilland was not a name he recognised.

Preservation, huh? People tend to care about themselves more often than others, let alone non-living things and animals. Though it wasn't just museums being damaged, hospitals, schools, power stations, and landmarks were also being destroyed. But at least they were contributing, so that was one thing to respect him and his family for. He wondered if they had penguins, but that was unlikely, due to the low temperatures required for penguins.

"What's the time?" Daniel asked unconsciously, as if he was asking the rest of the world.

Brechalht
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Brechalht » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:04 am

ignore
Last edited by Brechalht on Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brechalht
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Brechalht » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:07 am

ignore
Last edited by Brechalht on Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:09 pm

"I don't really get hangovers. And even if I do, I know the secrets to taking care of hangovers next morning" Callandra said with a light chuckle, and a grin on her face. "So I can concoct something in the morning and take care of myself. No big deal" She said, waving off hangovers like they were no big deal. She didn't know how she was going to actually get back to the barracks tonight, but that was another story. And really, did it matter if she did? She could wake up in the morning and just find her own way back instead. As long as she didn't get there late, anyway...She'd rather not be late on her first day. That wouldn't go over all too well. "No problem. I understand a lot of things" She said with a cheeky grin.

"Anyway, I shall be right back" Callandra said, and since I forgot to mention her picking up her wallet to take with her to Paradox, let's just assume she did, shall we? She pushed herself to her feet, and approached the two increasingly drunken boys who had been arm wrestling, holding her wallet in her hand.

"If you have any left, how much for one of those bottles of Sun Shine?" Callandra asked, unsure if the man in charge was even coherent enough to answer that question anymore.
My Last.FM and RYM

Saestea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:17 pm

Johannes Sundberg

Johan nodded to Daniel, noting his expression and tone. "Yes. A German Panther, as well as its Tank Destroyer variant." he said, "I don't know how much it cost my father, but he said not to worry because he had it all covered."

In deep thought, Johan shrugged to Daniels question, sinking further. His choice was to come to this academy, participating in the S.T.A.G program. But why was he feeling scared all of a sudden? Why did he feel like he was going to die soon? He had no answer. It would arrive when it arrived. Clenching his fists, he brought up all the determination he could muster up and swore on his granparents' graves that he wouldn't die during his first test.
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:25 pm

Landon, who prefered to go by 'volt', headed towards, Paradox, to join the other Cadets, and perhaps learn more about the Academy. He was more interested in hanging out than drinking, and he wasn't sure what to think of the other cadets drinking, as many of them were quite young. He gave a quiet sigh, then wagged his tale, looking perky as he headed in to the building. He looked around, taking in the sights, his tail wagging all the while. He looked rather like an excited puppy. He didn't know anyone here, so he just went up to a random person. "Hi!" He said, grinning,"This place is cool." His faintly glowing eyes darted around, taking in information about everything. Literally. The contacts on his eyes processed information about each thing he looked at, storing anything noteworthy to be looked at on his phone later.
Times are looking grim these days~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse