NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy (IC) (Open, Fantasy)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rhomaia
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:14 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:Richard Jackson

"You don't call me Ricky, Virgo. Not you get the right to underestimate my potential. But it's obvious that we need another way out of here, brute force won't work and will get us unnecessary attention. This... Or we head to the wing. You, brilliant master of logic, choose it."

He said the last part with an ironic tone, but he was clearly bothered with Virgo. He preferred Ambrosia's flirty behavior than Virgo's apparent superiority, but he tried to let it pass, so he could avoid unnecessary conflicts.

Virgo Alashni

"One of these days..." Virgo remarked, his voice trailing off after the last word. Ordinarily, some dark humor or threat would do some good in calming his nerves, but thanks to the Rabbit they were a little more than shot at this point for anything to help. What he needed to do was think.

The Rabbit had locked the great wooden doors that separated Virgo and Richie from the rest of the island, but he knew that would not be too much of a problem. Placing a single finger on the surface of the door, Virgo allowed his magic to do the work. At his touch, the spot where his finger made contact faintly glowed, and the process began.

He could feel the enchantment that the Rabbit had placed on the door to keep them in, and only shook his head at it. It was so simple, yet so annoying and tedious. How many times had he done this, to steal, to make his way into places where his presence was not met with open arms? Virgo had lost count somewhere after twelve, and he honestly didn't care.

A silent chant escaped his lips, and he closed his crimson eyes as he placed his entire hand onto the wood. A cold, loathsome air emanated from Virgo now, and an inky blackness spread from the blood in his veins to his very fingertips, and soon after, to the wooden surface of the door. This was an art he had learned long ago, and was something of a counter to 'enhancing' enchantments, where instead of strengthening an object's constitution, the object's structure would collapse. As one became more proficient in this magic, they could become more precise than simply allowing structures to fail, and with enough focus and knowledge, a practitioner like Virgo could destroy enchantments themselves.

Once his mouth ceased to move, again did Virgo open his bloodred eyes. The pain in his right arm was great, but it was nothing he couldn't handle. He had faced it so many times that he had numbed himself to the stinging and burning sensation.

Giving the door a gentle push, a creak sounded from the hinges and Virgo and Richard's escape was ensured. Golden sunlight streamed into the darkness of the library, banishing the shadows that once reigned in the absence of the great star. It reflected off Virgo's tired eyes, changing them to a soft yellow before he looked away from the sight, letting them revert back to scarlet.

"...you will annoy me so greatly that I will not allow you such a chance as this. Now, let us make our exodus. I don't want to see that freak before I leave here." Virgo said coldly, advancing quickly out of the library in his dark leather jacket and blue jeans.

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:24 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Saldinado wrote:As soon as he heard her, he jumped up in surprise. His quietness was disturbed, which was always a startling thing to him. He looked around and saw that it was the girl that liked him, Ambrosia. "Umm, bonjour Madame." He said shyly smiling as his he tried to calm himself down from the scare. "Why yes, I had a good nap. And for the other question, I'm not saying." In all honesty, he didn't dream of anyone or anything. He just went to sleep and went into non-REM stage of sleep.

"Daw, that's no fun," she answered, with a playful huff. She then turned to the front of the room and looked up at the clock.

Come on, class, start...I wanna get out of here and go find Ritchie and Virgo...

He shrugged his shoulders and giggled before turning back towards to the window. 'I wonder how Virgo is doing? Hopefully he's settling down well enough. Might go and talk to him after class. '. Shaun then yawned again. "Or maybe tomorrow.". He then stared out through the window as the Sun disappeared out of sight. "As you go to brighten someone else's day, you leave behind a friend to brighten up someone else's night." Shaun said quietly to himself.
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:39 pm

Rhomaia wrote:

"You don't call me Ricky, Virgo. Not you get the right to underestimate my potential. But it's obvious that we need another way out of here, brute force won't work and will get us unnecessary attention. This... Or we head to the wing. You, brilliant master of logic, choose it."

He said the last part with an ironic tone, but he was clearly bothered with Virgo. He preferred Ambrosia's flirty behavior than Virgo's apparent superiority, but he tried to let it pass, so he could avoid unnecessary conflicts.

Virgo Alashni

"One of these days..." Virgo remarked, his voice trailing off after the last word. Ordinarily, some dark humor or threat would do some good in calming his nerves, but thanks to the Rabbit they were a little more than shot at this point for anything to help. What he needed to do was think.

The Rabbit had locked the great wooden doors that separated Virgo and Richie from the rest of the island, but he knew that would not be too much of a problem. Placing a single finger on the surface of the door, Virgo allowed his magic to do the work. At his touch, the spot where his finger made contact faintly glowed, and the process began.

He could feel the enchantment that the Rabbit had placed on the door to keep them in, and only shook his head at it. It was so simple, yet so annoying and tedious. How many times had he done this, to steal, to make his way into places where his presence was not met with open arms? Virgo had lost count somewhere after twelve, and he honestly didn't care.

A silent chant escaped his lips, and he closed his crimson eyes as he placed his entire hand onto the wood. A cold, loathsome air emanated from Virgo now, and an inky blackness spread from the blood in his veins to his very fingertips, and soon after, to the wooden surface of the door. This was an art he had learned long ago, and was something of a counter to 'enhancing' enchantments, where instead of strengthening an object's constitution, the object's structure would collapse. As one became more proficient in this magic, they could become more precise than simply allowing structures to fail, and with enough focus and knowledge, a practitioner like Virgo could destroy enchantments themselves.

Once his mouth ceased to move, again did Virgo open his bloodred eyes. The pain in his right arm was great, but it was nothing he couldn't handle. He had faced it so many times that he had numbed himself to the stinging and burning sensation.

Giving the door a gentle push, a creak sounded from the hinges and Virgo and Richard's escape was ensured. Golden sunlight streamed into the darkness of the library, banishing the shadows that once reigned in the absence of the great star. It reflected off Virgo's tired eyes, changing them to a soft yellow before he looked away from the sight, letting them revert back to scarlet.

"...you will annoy me so greatly that I will not allow you such a chance as this. Now, let us make our exodus. I don't want to see that freak before I leave here." Virgo said coldly, advancing quickly out of the library in his dark leather jacket and blue jeans.

Rabbit felt the Dark Magic Virgo had used, even from all the way back in the library. It was quite strong, and also quite painful for Virgo to use. So young, and yet so dark...How depressing. Whatever led you down boys down that path?... they thought. They then appeared on the other side of the door, and they looked over at the door.

But I am confused now. Why did they not come looking for the Forbidden Wing?...Unless...

They are planning to come tonight...

They smiled under their mask. All was indeed going to plan. Of course, they would have to stay out of the boys' way, but other than that things would probably go fine. For Rabbit, anyway...
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:13 pm

Erebus

The massive crow had been blocked from it's goal by the locked library doors, and until now couldn't enter. When the doors opened, something curious flowed out, Erebus could sense the tainted magic. Catherine should know about this. Then the creature though about it. If these mages had plans for the school, perhaps they would be a ample test of his queen's power. Maybe they could forge her into something more through their violent plans, if they had such. It would be interesting at the very least to see how she reacted to the events. Would she show the same iron will that had awakened him?
The bird ended that line of thought and flew on into the great library. Erebus decided that the easiest way to get what Catherine was looking for was to simply ask. Her request seemed rather tame, so he expected it to be granted. Rabbit was still some where in the library, and the darkness did nothing to hide him from Erebus, quite the opposite. He approached the masked teacher and touched his mind.

"Greetings, one with the name of prey, I have been sent my Catherine to retrieve a copy of the book Verberum Cruciatibus Exstirparet: Sanguis. It contains an analysis of the belongings and journals of one of my master's ancestors that was burned alive in twelve-twelve AD for blasphemy. Sadly I do believe it has been restricted, as it contains details of the magic he used to augment his own body."
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:47 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:Erebus

The massive crow had been blocked from it's goal by the locked library doors, and until now couldn't enter. When the doors opened, something curious flowed out, Erebus could sense the tainted magic. Catherine should know about this. Then the creature though about it. If these mages had plans for the school, perhaps they would be a ample test of his queen's power. Maybe they could forge her into something more through their violent plans, if they had such. It would be interesting at the very least to see how she reacted to the events. Would she show the same iron will that had awakened him?
The bird ended that line of thought and flew on into the great library. Erebus decided that the easiest way to get what Catherine was looking for was to simply ask. Her request seemed rather tame, so he expected it to be granted. Rabbit was still some where in the library, and the darkness did nothing to hide him from Erebus, quite the opposite. He approached the masked teacher and touched his mind.

"Greetings, one with the name of prey, I have been sent my Catherine to retrieve a copy of the book Verberum Cruciatibus Exstirparet: Sanguis. It contains an analysis of the belongings and journals of one of my master's ancestors that was burned alive in twelve-twelve AD for blasphemy. Sadly I do believe it has been restricted, as it contains details of the magic he used to augment his own body."

"Catherine has sent you?" Rabbit responded to Erebus's mind, "I would get it for her, but you see, we have...troublemakers on this campus, at the time, and I do not want them to figure-out where the Forbidden Wing is just yet. Though if you ask Professor Ruta, he may be willing to get it for you. I do hope you'll understand."
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:49 pm

Rhomaia wrote:

Virgo Alashni

Richard Jackson

"When this day comes, the sun shall revolve around the Earth."

First thing I'll do when I have the book: I'll kill Virgo and make him a puppet, just to kill him and bring him back to life again. Idiot thinks he's a genius.

With that, he simply followed Virgo, hiding his discontentment. Surely, the plan would have some obstacles now, and the number of variables bothered Richard as well. Rabbit could simply move the tome from its place, and frame them the same way.

He would have to discuss it some other time with Lyn, because now they had to leave the library.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:03 pm

Ignis slithered along the Mice-tunnels of the campus. She noticed the one leading to the Forbidden WIng.
"Should I? Should I not...?" she thought hard to herself. Curiosity got ahold of her, but she didn't want to get in Rabbit's way.
"I don't think a peek would hurt so much...no! I can't foil Rabbit's plan!"
But someone would only understand her words if they spoke Parseltongue.
She groaned, falling to her curiosity. "Fine, one peek..." she slithered down the tunnel and peeked out of the hole.
Last edited by Prusselanden on Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is a joke, the belief that humans are superior to our animal brethren. We are slower, weaker, less beautiful and intelligent than our counterparts yet we rule the world. Or do we?"-Prusselanden
Donald Trump want to destroy nature? No worries, we have Theodore Fucking Roosevelt!
Pro-life, Pro-choice: I'm nuetral.
Save our Swamps! Save our Bees!
I care about the environment because I want to let my children see this beautiful planet

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:20 pm

Idza finished her conversation abruptly as she heard the sound of a bell. It clanged and clonged melodically like a tense warning. She quickly realized she had little time to get to class. This class, for example, seemed to be a fun one as well. She loved learning the intricacies of magic just as much as practicing it. A 'having your cake' principle she loved maintaining. She quickly rushed Lance to get her to class, just letting him finish his sentence before nonchalantly, but coldly, asking for him to show her to her next class.

She flurried towards the class, carrying her books in her hand as if magnetically grappled to her hands. She had flushed cheeks, running with precise movements down the Defense Wing of the Academy. She was curious as to what the class would be like, or more closely, what her classmates would be like. She had a slight glitz in he corner of her cornea. The idea of a new class was just as exciting as the last.

Schade then stopped at the edge of the classroom, the door staring her down in the face. She could see her own reflection in the window in the door, which had blinds covering up the exquisite details of the room. It almost seemed unfair to her. Ash had a slight sigh as it wondered if they would be standing there like an idiot, again.

This time, the fox was slightly wrong about that. She quickly decided to come into the room, figuring she already had one introduction, so she must have already met. Many classmates would likely know her, so it would likely spread around. She opened the door, dropping off her tension at the door as she walked in. Her eyes still looked worried as she entered, but she proudly didn't show it.

She saw many of the kids sitting, with some sitting as they pleased and next to friends and classmates. This was how her tension walked in the door and got all over her head: who should she sit with? It seemed silly, but it was more of a question of "who wants me to sit with them?" or "who considers me their friend?" She thought about Lance, but even then, she wondered it that would be presumptive about it.
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Rhomaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:23 am

At 4 o' clock sharp, the bell signaling passing period's end sounded, bringing forward the last class of the day: Ruta's class. The dark robed, black haired Professor began to walk to his desk, still looking quite tired from the events which had transpired earlier, and from many a sleepless night accumulating from his patrols on the school grounds. Funnily enough, it only made him look more stern rather than giving him a more comical expression, something a few of the students noticed quickly enough.

In pure white clothing, Lynefleur stood at the edge of the room, near one of the windows looking out into the Courtyard, her strange eyes observing the students that sat before her. Through her eyes, she could see not only the simple faces and characteristics of the students, but their very aura. Some were more prominent than others, but for the most part Lyn was disappointed by what she saw, save for a select few among the crowd who piqued her interest.

A Lightbearer mage, or even a potential one, radiates a bright aura visible to the trained eye, or to other Lightbearers, and three students in the class possessed such a feature. The first was a bespectacled, brown haired girl who walked in late to class, the second one was a small, shy blonde boy who resisted Ambrosia's charms and advances, and the third...

The third was...different. In violet robes with golden trim, she was almost regal in appearance, and like Lyn, she was extremely pale. Her long, waist length hair was a bright ruby red, and as was her aura. Lyn could see a flame, a Light which had yet to flower, and it burned so greatly that she could feel it as well as see it. If she played her cards right, she would be able to make use of the girl...but as with all things, Lyn knew to be patient. For good fortune awaited those who would do the same.

Clearing his throat, Ruta stood straight at the front of the class, seeing which students were sitting down, and which still had yet to come to class. Only one student, Idza, seemed to be late this time, but he wasn't willing to cut into class time to reprimand her. Instead, he began the day's instructions and introductions.

"Good afternoon, everyone, and welcome to Magical Combat. For those of you that do not yet know my name yet, I am Professor Ruta, and I will be teaching you today. I would also like to introduce Miss Perennica, who will be my assistant in the coming weeks. She will be performing her duties alongside mine, and I expect for you all to treat her with as much respect as you do your Professors."

"Now, for today's lesson, we will be learning the basics of weapon enchantment." Ruta began in his deep, booming voice, which seemed to reach every corner of the room. At the misspeaking of Lyn's last name, she frowned slightly and sighed for a moment before returning to her happy go lucky exterior.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:56 am

Henry Von Kressel

Weapon enchantment. He was no stranger to the concept, and he had been practicing on the spear he created last class, but if not for that, it would have been sometime since his last practice. Soon as Ruta spoke the subject he tried to remember everything.

However, the white dressed assistant raised some doubt in Henry. It was uncommon, as he tried to avoid having any preconceptions of people he didn't talk to yet. But this time, it was stronger. It's like... He could see something more in her, but he couldn't appoint what it was exactly.

Finally, he decided to forget about it, and waited for Ruta to proceed with the class.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:58 am

Venta
Theodora Mills

Theodora clearly looked interested, as if weapon enchantment were something that she was hoping to do for a very long time. Not that she owned any weapons, but clearly the applications for this would be numerous. Flipping open to the first page of her notebook, she wrote down the title of the topic in clear, bold letters. Perhaps I could create better tools with this. Sharpness is always important, dull saws can't cut steel well... She didn't know what to make of the assistant teacher, because for her, everyone was new.

Feeling some movement in her pocket again, the girl sighed and put the tank onto the table, but gave it a sharp glare in case it tried to cause trouble.
Last edited by Sonitusia on Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING
Check out my Deviantart for shit drawings!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Holy Messenger of Imperialjapanism and Twin Sibling of Shyluz
Shyluz wrote:The second 'tanks' was said, it was all over.

Gensokyu wrote:So that happened.

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:07 am

Rhomaia wrote:At 4 o' clock sharp, the bell signaling passing period's end sounded, bringing forward the last class of the day: Ruta's class. The dark robed, black haired Professor began to walk to his desk, still looking quite tired from the events which had transpired earlier, and from many a sleepless night accumulating from his patrols on the school grounds. Funnily enough, it only made him look more stern rather than giving him a more comical expression, something a few of the students noticed quickly enough.

In pure white clothing, Lynefleur stood at the edge of the room, near one of the windows looking out into the Courtyard, her strange eyes observing the students that sat before her. Through her eyes, she could see not only the simple faces and characteristics of the students, but their very aura. Some were more prominent than others, but for the most part Lyn was disappointed by what she saw, save for a select few among the crowd who piqued her interest.

A Lightbearer mage, or even a potential one, radiates a bright aura visible to the trained eye, or to other Lightbearers, and three students in the class possessed such a feature. The first was a bespectacled, brown haired girl who walked in late to class, the second one was a small, shy blonde boy who resisted Ambrosia's charms and advances, and the third...

The third was...different. In violet robes with golden trim, she was almost regal in appearance, and like Lyn, she was extremely pale. Her long, waist length hair was a bright ruby red, and as was her aura. Lyn could see a flame, a Light which had yet to flower, and it burned so greatly that she could feel it as well as see it. If she played her cards right, she would be able to make use of the girl...but as with all things, Lyn knew to be patient. For good fortune awaited those who would do the same.

Clearing his throat, Ruta stood straight at the front of the class, seeing which students were sitting down, and which still had yet to come to class. Only one student, Idza, seemed to be late this time, but he wasn't willing to cut into class time to reprimand her. Instead, he began the day's instructions and introductions.

"Good afternoon, everyone, and welcome to Magical Combat. For those of you that do not yet know my name yet, I am Professor Ruta, and I will be teaching you today. I would also like to introduce Miss Perennica, who will be my assistant in the coming weeks. She will be performing her duties alongside mine, and I expect for you all to treat her with as much respect as you do your Professors."

"Now, for today's lesson, we will be learning the basics of weapon enchantment." Ruta began in his deep, booming voice, which seemed to reach every corner of the room. At the misspeaking of Lyn's last name, she frowned slightly and sighed for a moment before returning to her happy go lucky exterior.

As soon as Ruta introduced the new assistant, Kasumi stood. She could feel eyes on her, but it would be impolite not to show respect to Miss... Perennica, was it? She turned to the woman and bowed with the same formality that she would use to bow to Ruta, and then took her seat once again, folding her hands in her lap, back straight and eyes fixed on the teacher as always, determined to glean every bit of useful information from the lesson.
Hikari sighed and let her head rest in her hand as Kasumi bowed, feeling embarrassed. Do you have to bow all the time? This is America, not Japan. People don't bow here. They're going to think you're a freak or something!
Katelyn's eyes lit up. She had been hoping for something like this. She didn't tell anyone, but she'd... well... 'acquired' a neat spear-thing that she was hoping to be able to enchant.

Still paying rapt attention, she absentmindedly ate a small cookie-thing shaped like a bear.
Natalie beamed at the teacher's assistant, offering a cheerful wave in her direction. Having cheered up since Ruta's rejection of her offer of friendship, she was feeling much better and hoped that this new lady would be her friend even if Ruta wouldn't.

She did like having friends. She liked them as much as she liked cheese!

Of course, she didn't like eating friends(although she could if she wanted to). Of course not. You don't eat your friends... That would be ridiculous.

Saldinado
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:13 am

Shaun Calhoun

Upon hearing the bells of the school ring to signal the beginning and end of a class, Shaun derived his attention from the window to the front of the classroom. Magical Enchantment was the subject for today, and quite honestly, sounded like an interested and fun topic to learn.

All the while getting prepared for today's assignment, he watched the woman dressed on pure white standing on the corner of the room looking out the window. In all honesty, there was something about her that Shaun couldn't comprehend or get a clear understanding on. Her looks, her demeanor, or her sudden appearance. Either one of those were causing a unsure feeling towards her. He neither hated her nor liked her. Yet. While listening or at least trying to listen to the professor talking, he glared at her every once and a while. Shaun zoned out occasionally on what the professor was saying and focused his attention onto her.
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Sky-TheLandOfNekos
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sky-TheLandOfNekos » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:18 am

Violet Heart

The girl felt a rush of excitement flow through her when the teacher mentioned weapon enchantment. What was more fun than a sword that bent and manipulated magical energies?

A sword that used lightning.

Or a bow imbued with the powers of the heavens.

Immediately, she raised her hand, waiting to be called on. There were too many questions that she wanted to ask, so she would have to settle with only a few.
Lucas Mourning (Lance)

Alas, Ruta was wrong. Just as the teacher had finished his introduction, Lance opened the door and stepped into the room. He didn't bother waiting for any comment from the professor and took a seat. Ruta already had a negative opinion of him, so nothing he could do would make it much worse. Well, aside from his connection to the demons that the teacher disliked so much.
Fear the Angels of Darkness, for they are of the few remaining Nephalem.
-Zakiti Leventis
-Mason Leventis

The world will be my personal toy... Destruction at the flick of my wrist and creation at the wave of my hand...
I greet you, human.
Do you like pudding, Eric?

Theme Song

Am I here? Can someone tell me?

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:24 am

Rhomaia wrote:At 4 o' clock sharp, the bell signaling passing period's end sounded, bringing forward the last class of the day: Ruta's class. The dark robed, black haired Professor began to walk to his desk, still looking quite tired from the events which had transpired earlier, and from many a sleepless night accumulating from his patrols on the school grounds. Funnily enough, it only made him look more stern rather than giving him a more comical expression, something a few of the students noticed quickly enough.

Weapon Enchantment?

Soleil didn't care much for any sort of weapon. He was terrible at fighting, and he knew it. Then again, that was why he was in this class. He needed to learn how to fight, and especially to learn how to fight with a weapon.

Yet the girl who Professor Ruta noted was his new assistant seemed...strange. She wore so much white, and her smile seemed plastered to her face. She was quite beautiful, and she seemed pretty friendly, but something about her just seemed...off. Soleil instinctively dodged her gaze, and as he closed his notebook and put it away, he kept his eyes down.
-Alan Jackson

Rhomaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:45 pm

Sky-TheLandOfNekos wrote:Violet Heart

The girl felt a rush of excitement flow through her when the teacher mentioned weapon enchantment. What was more fun than a sword that bent and manipulated magical energies?

Immediately, she raised her hand, waiting to be called on. There were too many questions that she wanted to ask, so she would have to settle with only a few.
Lucas Mourning (Lance)

Alas, Ruta was wrong. Just as the teacher had finished his introduction, Lance opened the door and stepped into the room. He didn't bother waiting for any comment from the professor and took a seat. Ruta already had a negative opinion of him, so nothing he could do would make it much worse. Well, aside from his connection to the demons that the teacher disliked so much.

Antonius Ruta

"Yes, Violet? Do you have a question before we start things off?" Ruta asked Violet as he saw her hand raised. He didn't have a terribly high opinion of her, and the same could be said about his views towards Sage, Lance, and Hikari. Regardless, it was his job to teach the class what it needed to know.

The Professor only gave Lance a disapproving look as he strolled in, as if he had all the time in the world. The least he could do was try to be punctual, but the boy seemed too disconnected and pessimistic that he wouldn't do something as easy as that.
Last edited by Rhomaia on Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhomaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:51 pm

Saldinado wrote:Shaun Calhoun

Upon hearing the bells of the school ring to signal the beginning and end of a class, Shaun derived his attention from the window to the front of the classroom. Magical Enchantment was the subject for today, and quite honestly, sounded like an interested and fun topic to learn.

All the while getting prepared for today's assignment, he watched the woman dressed on pure white standing on the corner of the room looking out the window. In all honesty, there was something about her that Shaun couldn't comprehend or get a clear understanding on. Her looks, her demeanor, or her sudden appearance. Either one of those were causing a unsure feeling towards her. He neither hated her nor liked her. Yet. While listening or at least trying to listen to the professor talking, he glared at her every once and a while. Shaun zoned out occasionally on what the professor was saying and focused his attention onto her.

Lynefleur Perennique

After Ruta's response to Violet's inquiry, Lyn saw that one of the students was watching her rather closely. A boy near one of the window seats with hair the color of the moonlight and eyes a bright purple, he looked somewhat out of place in the crowd.

And yet, so did Lyn. Her hair was longer than most, reaching down farther than her waist and having most the same color as Shaun's, save for a pinkish tint at the ends. She was also remarkably pale, with the only spots of color on her face being in her rosy cheeks, though otherwise she looked like a ghost when it came to her complexion. Lynefleur's eyes, however, looked the most out of place. Her right eye was as blue and dark as the deepest ocean, and her left was a brilliant green, like the leaves of a verdant tree exposed to bright sunlight.

Turning her gaze to the boy, Lyn gave Shaun a friendly smile, one that looked completely earnest and true. She saw little in the shy Solum, but his aura remained stronger than most. For a moment, she closed her eyes, only to open them again, staring straight at Shaun. This time, they glowed brightly, and they seemed to look over Shaun's entire body.

The aura surrounding the boy was a gentle one, and seemed to emanate from his body the same way heat would. It glowed a soft amethyst, indicating he was a kind romanticist that sought companionship. Lyn felt almost nostalgic: it had been the color of her master's aura as well, and he had been mostly the same in his personality as Shaun. She couldn't help but smile at the memory, and at the curious nature of the boy that continued to look into her eyes.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:00 pm

Rhomaia wrote:
Saldinado wrote:Shaun Calhoun

Lynefleur Perennique

After Ruta's response to Violet's inquiry, Lyn saw that one of the students was watching her rather closely. A boy near one of the window seats with hair the color of the moonlight and eyes a bright purple, he looked somewhat out of place in the crowd.

And yet, so did Lyn. Her hair was longer than most, reaching down farther than her waist and having most the same color as Shaun's, save for a pinkish tint at the ends. She was also remarkably pale, with the only spots of color on her face being in her rosy cheeks, though otherwise she looked like a ghost when it came to her complexion. Lynefleur's eyes, however, looked the most out of place. Her right eye was as blue and dark as the deepest ocean, and her left was a brilliant green, like the leaves of a verdant tree exposed to bright sunlight.

Turning her gaze to the boy, Lyn gave Shaun a friendly smile, one that looked completely earnest and true. She saw little in the shy Solum, but his aura remained stronger than most. For a moment, she closed her eyes, only to open them again, staring straight at Shaun. This time, they glowed brightly, and they seemed to look over Shaun's entire body.

The aura surrounding the boy was a gentle one, and seemed to emanate from his body the same way heat would. It glowed a soft amethyst, indicating he was a kind romanticist that sought companionship. Lyn felt almost nostalgic: it had been the color of her master's aura as well, and he had been mostly the same in his personality as Shaun. She couldn't help but smile at the memory, and at the curious nature of the boy that continued to look into her eyes.

Noticing that Lyn was staring at Shaun for some reason, Soleil turned around and looked at him. "...Um...Sh-Shaun...she's...looking at you..." he whispered, nervously. He found Lyn's staring eyes to be uncomfortable. If she would at least speak, he wouldn't be bothered by her so much. However, she seemed to have no intention of doing so, and just watched all of the kids with a sort of intense attentiveness, like she was weeding-out the weak ones from the strong ones.
-Alan Jackson

Sky-TheLandOfNekos
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sky-TheLandOfNekos » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:22 pm

Rhomaia wrote:

Lucas Mourning (Lance)

Antonius Ruta

"Yes, Violet? Do you have a question before we start things off?" Ruta asked Violet as he saw her hand raised. He didn't have a terribly high opinion of her, and the same could be said about his views towards Sage, Lance, and Hikari. Regardless, it was his job to teach the class what it needed to know.

The Professor only gave Lance a disapproving look as he strolled in, as if he had all the time in the world. The least he could do was try to be punctual, but the boy seemed too disconnected and pessimistic that he wouldn't do something as easy as that.

Violet Heart

"Is it possible for me to enchant a microwave oven to produce infinite blueberry muffins?" she asked, determining that question to be the most important. She knew that he would probably be taken back by such a question, but that thought didn't bother her. After all, who wouldn't want an indefinite supply of muffins? They were warm, sweet, and, depending on the kind, good for you.

Enthusiastically, she waited for an answer.
Last edited by Sky-TheLandOfNekos on Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fear the Angels of Darkness, for they are of the few remaining Nephalem.
-Zakiti Leventis
-Mason Leventis

The world will be my personal toy... Destruction at the flick of my wrist and creation at the wave of my hand...
I greet you, human.
Do you like pudding, Eric?

Theme Song

Am I here? Can someone tell me?

Saldinado
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:29 pm

Rhomaia wrote:Lynefleur Perennique

Shaun Calhoun

While curiously looking at the new assistant, it had seem that she soon took notice of this staring and decided to reciprocate the action with a glare of her own. It didn't really bother him so much, seeing as he was doing the same thing to her as well. Her friendly smile was sort of warming towards him. Out of sudden instinct, he shyly smiled back at her, although it wasn't as great as her's; even giving a little wave towards her. The bright glow of her eyes seemed to have peaked Shaun's curiosity even more rather than make him feel uncomfortable or scared like his counterpart Soleil. Though he didn't really know the main reason for her friendliness, all he really could do is smile back.

Luminesa wrote:
Noticing that Lyn was staring at Shaun for some reason, Soleil turned around and looked at him. "...Um...Sh-Shaun...she's...looking at you..." he whispered, nervously. He found Lyn's staring eyes to be uncomfortable. If she would at least speak, he wouldn't be bothered by her so much. However, she seemed to have no intention of doing so, and just watched all of the kids with a sort of intense attentiveness, like she was weeding-out the weak ones from the strong ones.

Once hearing the soft whisper of Soleil call his name, Shaun slightly shook his head to bring himself back to reality. Without turning his whole body, Shaun only slightly turned his head towards him, just enough for Soleil to clearly hear him. "Why yes my friend, I do know know that she's staring at me; it's quite understandable given the fact that I began this so-called starring contest in the first place." Shaun whispered back. "Are you okay? I can stop if you want.". He didn't really want to make Soleil feel uncomfortable or nervous due to his actions.

Rhomaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:45 pm

"Is it possible for me to enchant a microwave oven to produce infinite blueberry muffins?" she asked, determining that question to be the most important. She knew that he would probably be taken back by such a question, but that thought didn't bather her. After all, who wouldn't want an indefinite supply of muffins? They were warm, sweet, and, depending on the kind, good for you.

Enthusiastically, she waited for an answer.

Antonius Ruta

Ruta's face went comically deadpan upon hearing the entirety of Violet's question. Never in his life had he heard something so amazingly, hilariously, outlandishly ridiculous, that he had not even the capability to respond to it. All he could do to respond at first was with a facepalm and a deep sigh before he could finally regather his wits. It was so...dumbfounding to him, that he wondered if he even heard her right.

'Was...was that serious? Am I hearing things now? Is this what insomnia does to a person?'

'Good lord...Why?'

"Vi...One does not simply enchant a microwave to create endless pastries." Ruta said, barely keeping the dissatisfaction and disappointment out of his voice. "Were you planning on acquiring that knowledge in this class, for your cooking? I like muffins as much as the next person, and possibly as much as you do, but this is neither the time nor the place to ask such questions. No." he said, turning his gaze from Violet.

"Anyone else with a relevant question? If not, we will be moving on."

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:52 pm

Venta
Theodora Mills

Theodora raised her hand to catch the professor's attention, and asked, "Will what we cover only apply for weapons? Or can I enchant anything I want with offensive properties?" She had been scribbling down that trying to summon an infinite amount of food at the touch of a button would be impossible with magic, most likely having to do something that magic could not really create things out of thin air.

"Perhaps something like explosive vases or electric doors?" she continued, "As a novice, I simply wish to believe I can, but then that would bring the question as to why weapon enhancement needs to be specified."
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING
Check out my Deviantart for shit drawings!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Holy Messenger of Imperialjapanism and Twin Sibling of Shyluz
Shyluz wrote:The second 'tanks' was said, it was all over.

Gensokyu wrote:So that happened.

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:54 pm

Saldinado wrote:
Rhomaia wrote:Lynefleur Perennique

Shaun Calhoun

While curiously looking at the new assistant, it had seem that she soon took notice of this staring and decided to reciprocate the action with a glare of her own. It didn't really bother him so much, seeing as he was doing the same thing to her as well. Her friendly smile was sort of warming towards him. Out of sudden instinct, he shyly smiled back at her, although it wasn't as great as her's; even giving a little wave towards her. The bright glow of her eyes seemed to have peaked Shaun's curiosity even more rather than make him feel uncomfortable or scared like his counterpart Soleil. Though he didn't really know the main reason for her friendliness, all he really could do is smile back.

Luminesa wrote:

Once hearing the soft whisper of Soleil call his name, Shaun slightly shook his head to bring himself back to reality. Without turning his whole body, Shaun only slightly turned his head towards him, just enough for Soleil to clearly hear him. "Why yes my friend, I do know know that she's staring at me; it's quite understandable given the fact that I began this so-called starring contest in the first place." Shaun whispered back. "Are you okay? I can stop if you want.". He didn't really want to make Soleil feel uncomfortable or nervous due to his actions.

"...N-No...y-you're not making me uncomfortable...sh-she is...Sh-She...s-something about her is..." he stopped mid-sentence, and he turned back to Lyn. If only he could understand what about her scared him. In the meantime, he turned back to Ruta and paid attention to him instead. He tried to ignore the fact that Lyn was right nearby, and that she was still staring around the classroom.
-Alan Jackson

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:02 pm

Catherine de Sanguine Vivere

Catherine's own enhanced eyes looked over Lyn, seeing the way her mana flowed brightly. A light mage perhaps? She didn't know shy but Catherine felt a deep bitterness, she wanted to she that girl plunged into the depths of darkness that only Catherine and Erebus could bring about. She wanted the pretty little girl to choke on a night that would never end. Her life to become a vista of never ending nothing. Catherine made eye contact with her, and for the briefest of seconds dropped the spells hiding her aura. Before she didn't have much of one because of her tiny pool of mana, but now with Erebus' power flowing through her she gave off an aura like staring into the very heart of nothing. A darkness that seemed to consume everything. Catherine gave Lyn a harsh, empty smile.

Annice Null

After hearing Ruta speak about how this class would be on weapon enchantment, Annice put her armored hand to her hip, gripping the hilt of her blade. The metals there jingled slightly. She didn't attach any special meaning to them, they were pieces of metal and fabic that some people that didn't know her decided to repay her with for things they would never understand. But still the symbols had power, power that she used to strengthen the enchantments that ran through the blade. Even encumbered by the desk Annice drew the blade quickly and gracefully. Mbrojtës, Protector. The long heavy blade had runes along it's spine, precious metals that conducted the flow of mana best. Even with out the armor the ten kilo blade weighed nothing in her hands. Every part of it was an extension of her self. Hard as diamond, strong as titainium, and to Annice's power as malleable as mercury. The blade glowed a light silver on it's own. The runes placed in it drawing in mana from the environment, and from her self. Annice had inscribed many of the runes herself, and it was a masterwork to match any of the great blades of legend.
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Rhomaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:05 pm

Sonitusia wrote:
Venta
Theodora Mills

Theodora raised her hand to catch the professor's attention, and asked, "Will what we cover only apply for weapons? Or can I enchant anything I want with offensive properties?" She had been scribbling down that trying to summon an infinite amount of food at the touch of a button would be impossible with magic, most likely having to do something that magic could not really create things out of thin air.

"Perhaps something like explosive vases or electric doors?" she continued, "As a novice, I simply wish to believe I can, but then that would bring the question as to why weapon enhancement needs to be specified."

Antonius Ruta

"Ah, there. An interesting question, one that I will be happy to answer. Enchantments, like imbuing a sword with fire, can extend not only to your weapons, but to many other items as well, but what we will learn today will focus simply on small scale enchantments for weapons, hence the title, 'Weapon Enchantment'." Ruta explained, much more pleased to see that someone was actually paying attention to him, and gave actual, innovative ideas to discussion. "If you are talented enough, you can give elemental properties to everything from battle axes to knives to soup ladles, and what we will be practicing is strictly elemental."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse