NATION

PASSWORD

Blake Holsey High Reboot (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saestea
Senator

Founded: Dec 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:17 am

Vensel Hendri Odhner

"Tack!" Odi smiled. He liked his name, too. If he could remember correctly, it was his brother Johan who started calling him Odi, but later went on referring to him as Vensel.

"I like your name, too!" he laughed, pressing his fingers on his cheeks. "A-lek-sy!~" he said in a singsong voice. It seemed that his enthusiasm couldn't be snuffed out. Then, he went into deep thought, though he was still smiling. He had been to Poland, yes... But Gdańsk... Never. He shook his head lightly. Luckily, he'd snapped back into reality in time to hear Aleksy's question.

"Ah... Ja." Odi nodded. He received the question as nothing more than what it was. "Jag är av den skandinaviska arvet." he told Aleksy, then apologized. "Eh... I'm not very good with English... Yet." he scratched the back of his head again, turning red slightly. What a blunder. "I am from Sweden." Odi said, finally, where his accent went off more noticeably, as he said 'Sweden' as 'Sveden'.
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:34 am

Aleksy Żielinczyk
"Am glad to hear, was not sure if Aleksy would be popular name here." Aleksy said gladly. He had been warned carefully by his father before he left for America that many people were racist against Slavic peoples, his father blaming it on the Cold War, saying there was still bad blood there. Aleksy had come to America nervous about his nationality and culture, but realizing the multi-cultural environment was certainly a relief for him. Odi, ever the child, repeated Aleksy's name slowly and melodiously, before taking a pause, likely to gather his thoughts. Odi struck Aleksy as an eccentric character, and he was certainly the first person he'd met who was this playful around almost strangers.

Odi then proceeded to blurt a string of unintelligible blabber, which Aleksy assumed was likely his native language. Thankfully, Odi realized it was the wrong language and returned to English, explaining he was in fact Swedish. "Is fine, Odi. I am not so good with English too. Sweden is nice country! I never go there, but have only heard nice things. So why is Odi in America?" Aleksy asked the question innocently enough, happy to be in a functional conversation with other people.

Saestea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:34 am

Vensel Hendri Odhner

Odi placed a finger on his chin, trying hard to recall why exactly it was he'd moved here with his parents. Realizing that he could not remember, he shrugged.

"Vacation?.." he guessed. "But my parents said I needed to study, so while they work, I could learn."

At this point, he seemed less childish, staring at his hands as if wondering what he was. The truth was, he was getting warm. He wasn't used to too much heat, even though it was cool out. Then he looked up at Aleksy and asked, "How about you? Why are you in America?"
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:14 pm

Josie
"Odi is a nice name" Josie said, smiling warmly towards him. She liked the boys personality. It was child like, but not in a bad way as people might think a lot of the time. Well, some people might still think that, but they tended to not be very nice people. This was the child like personality that didn't make you come off as annoying and childish, just that you had a child like personality. Honestly,s he thought the world might be a better place with more people who acted like children still.

"Thank you" Josie smiled warmly again to Alesky after he said that she had a beautiful name. "I do quite like it. It is unique. And I think unique is good" She said thoughtfully. She considered herself to be a unique individual, which is partly why she felt that she enjoyed uniqueness in people. For example, if you talked about Harry Potter and favorite characters, she would, in a heartbeat, tell you that Luna Lovegood was by far her favorite character in the series.

Through the rest of the conversation she mostly observed the conversation, up until a point where she felt like messing around with her accent. "A lot of us appear to be foreigners. I am one, technically, though I have lived in the US for a while. I wasn't born here" She said, though her accent wasn't terribly distinguishable anymore, but it was still vaguely hinted at being there. She made some weird faces for a moment, before speaking again. "Bloody hell mate, that's some crazy stuff" She said, suddenly her British accent coming out completely clear, throwing out the first ridiculously British line she could think of. She started laughing at her comment, then shook her head lightly. "That felt weird and unnatural. I've lived here most of my life, speaking like I'm straight out of a British show feels odd. And I sort of stopped using my accent much" She said, going back to her now more normal voice, which only had a little hint of that British accent. "But we still have a clash of cool European accents going here" She said, smiling.

Brooklyn
Brooklyn came outside, a book titled "Sudoku for Dummies" in her hand, her intently looking at one of the pages, a pencil in her hand. While she wasn't sure sitting outside working on a Sudoku puzzle was a good idea, since there was a lot of activity outside, she felt like working on it outside instead of inside, alone in her room. This was her favorite sort of puzzles. Good brainstorming puzzles. Puzzles in general were good for your brain, and she liked those as well. But she loved these puzzles. She had become quite good at them as well over the years, with all the practice she had done with them. They could still be quite tricky, definitely, but, especially the easier ones, she could plow through much easier now than she used to be capable of doing.

She sat down on the steps of the school, and began a focused, or as focused as you could be with noises around you, work on her puzzle. She had little amount of friends to hang out with, so she decided to just hang out with herself and a Sudoku puzzle instead.

Mr Serious
"Good to know that you arrived safely" Mr Serious said, then moved on to the next topic. "Not particularly. But it is good of you to do so, anyway. All you really need to do is to get settled in and set up your class to your liking. That's about it. Though teachers getting to know their students isn't unheard of, so you could do that, too" He said to the man with the hard to pronounce name.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Saestea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:53 am

Mackenzie Reid

Mackie got bored easily on the bench and walked around the garden, frequently bending over to look at flowers. The garden was fine too, but it could use some more work. Mackie then realized that perhaps later, he could volunteer to work on the garden... Or not. He could just start off on it until someone noticed and either thanked him or got angry at him for trying to change things. As he walked around, looking at plants, he noticed the two vans arriving. The kids who got out immediately caught his eye. He stood up straight and watched, feeling jealous that he didn't have a family like that...

"Good God..." he muttered to himself, grinning as he watched them walk into the school sideways.

He followed them soon after to see if anyone would be sharing a room with him. He was relieved, and a bit disappointed that he was going to be alone. But there could be other students coming over, and there was still a chance of him sharing a room. Mackie went back downstairs to head outside again, but this time over to the nearby woods. He nearly stepped on Brooklyn's back, having not seen her sitting on the steps. Because he dodged her, he tripped down the stone steps and landed on his knees.

"SHIT!" he said succinctly, picking up his glasses. Good. They were undamaged. He turned to Brooklyn, the concern evident in his expression.. "I'm sorry, are you alright? I didn't hit you did I?"

Vensel Hendri Odhner

Odi laughed again, innocently... Sweetly. He seemed to be in a very good mood. He wanted to sing.
"Ja... Foreigners." he said softly, upon realizing that Josie was one herself. "You lived in Great Britain?" he asked her, grinning.

"Oh, I understand. It's like when we moved to France three months ago, I had trouble speaking their language." he said... But realized, maybe that didn't have anything to do with what Josie had said. She was British, but was born here. What did that have to do with France and speaking Swedish there?.. He put a finger on his chin again as he turned red.
Last edited by Saestea on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Firsthome
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Firsthome » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:44 am

Jackson looked at the school, and swore. Of COURSE they didn't have a ramp. Curse his useless legs! He wheeled over to stairs, and trident to slam is way up.

"Yes!" He shouted, people beginning to stare. He didn't care though. He had made it! He wheeled inside.... And realized that he would have to ask someone where the elevator was.

"Excuse me?"
I have a heart of a five year-old...
it's in a jar in my basement

Springer:"I've got better things to do tonight than die"

DYK:Breathing lowers your life expectancy by 50%.

Laerod wrote:That's like pointing out a thread about kittens contains posts about baby cats.
Left: 8.06, Libertarian: 0.6,7 foreign policy: -5.76, culture: -6.26
GENERATION 4: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:09 pm

Terintania wrote:Asher was spinning around the parking lot on his inline skates, not really paying all that much attention to the people around him, though he was looking out for cars. However, when he heard a bit of shouting, he stopped his spinning and steadied himself to watch a boy who didn't seem very happy with his body guards or whatever they were, which was probably because they weren't letting him do anything and were acting a bit...stifling, it seemed.

He was debated going over to see what was going on, when the boy seemed to give up, and got distracted with his bike. It was clear the boy liked bikes. He skated over to his bike, and came to a stop beside it, opposite of the side that Kenji was looking at. "Hey! I take it you're a bike fan," He said, leaning his weight on one leg and kicking the other back and forth, sending the wheels of his skates spinning.

Kenji looked up with a start. He had be so enthralled with his examination of the motorcycle's engine, that the sudden appearance of a person surprised him. His deer-in-the-headlights look recovered quickly enough though, replaced by his usual neutral apperance. A slighty wooden expression that gave the sense of affiability, but still looked detached and professional. Something that belonged in a board meeting, not on the face of teenager. Of course, the same could be said about what Kenji wore. Three-peice suit didn't give out that.. biker air, you could say.

"You could say," stated Kenji, "that they're a fan of me."

He regretted the words that had popped out of his mouth as soon as he said them. Kenji hoped they didn't sound as arrogant and braggadocio as he thought they did. It became very clear to Kenji, that he still wasn't use to people again. Being stuck in physical theraphy, with only the staff and happenstance visitors for company, for 6 months would make the most popular person a tad antisocial.

Just another thing I have to relearn.. like all the rest of it.. thought Kenji, feeling the unsteadyness of his left leg as he rose from his crouched position. The weight of the cane in his left hand as he used it to brace his rise, was a constant reminder of the things that had changed ever since the accident. Mainly, it would seem, for the worst.

"Thats a real nice kit you got there," continued Kenji, pointing at the motor of the bike. He hoped to draw attention away from his flippant first comment by getting the guy talking about his ride. "What does she pull, Hundred-fifty horse at twelve-hundred RPM's?"

Corrian wrote:Brooklyn
Brooklyn came outside, a book titled "Sudoku for Dummies" in her hand, her intently looking at one of the pages, a pencil in her hand. While she wasn't sure sitting outside working on a Sudoku puzzle was a good idea, since there was a lot of activity outside, she felt like working on it outside instead of inside, alone in her room. This was her favorite sort of puzzles. Good brainstorming puzzles. Puzzles in general were good for your brain, and she liked those as well. But she loved these puzzles. She had become quite good at them as well over the years, with all the practice she had done with them. They could still be quite tricky, definitely, but, especially the easier ones, she could plow through much easier now than she used to be capable of doing.

She sat down on the steps of the school, and began a focused, or as focused as you could be with noises around you, work on her puzzle. She had little amount of friends to hang out with, so she decided to just hang out with herself and a Sudoku puzzle instead.

Mackenzie Reid

Mackie got bored easily on the bench and walked around the garden, frequently bending over to look at flowers. The garden was fine too, but it could use some more work. Mackie then realized that perhaps later, he could volunteer to work on the garden... Or not. He could just start off on it until someone noticed and either thanked him or got angry at him for trying to change things. As he walked around, looking at plants, he noticed the two vans arriving. The kids who got out immediately caught his eye. He stood up straight and watched, feeling jealous that he didn't have a family like that...

"Good God..." he muttered to himself, grinning as he watched them walk into the school sideways.

He followed them soon after to see if anyone would be sharing a room with him. He was relieved, and a bit disappointed that he was going to be alone. But there could be other students coming over, and there was still a chance of him sharing a room. Mackie went back downstairs to head outside again, but this time over to the nearby woods. He nearly stepped on Brooklyn's back, having not seen her sitting on the steps. Because he dodged her, he tripped down the stone steps and landed on his knees.

"SHIT!" he said succinctly, picking up his glasses. Good. They were undamaged. He turned to Brooklyn, the concern evident in his expression.. "I'm sorry, are you alright? I didn't hit you did I?"

Lizhad been hanging around the parking lot through most of the morning. Watching both students and facualty depart, clinically observing her the goodbyes they shared and gave to their folks. One family, though the term 'clan' be more appropriate, piled out of motorcade of vans. What followed was a lovefest straight out of a Bradey Bunch TV-Land special. The whole sight irritated Liz, though she couldn't put her finger on why, causing her to savagly bite into a orange she had been peeling. Taking out her unknown annoyance on the helpless fruit, the smallish High School Junior stalked away from the scene. Eventually, she settled down enough to take a seat on one of the many concrete steps at the schools entrance.

Turning to her view to the right, it became apparent that this step had already been claimed. A few feet away from where Liz herself was, another student sat. Under a brief inspection, the girl herself seemed to be ingrossed in some sort of book. She had this thoughtful look on her face, pencil in one hand, peering at the book she had on her lap.

Usually, being her antisocial self, Liz wouldn't have bothered with her. Most people here at Holsey, having heard, seen (or if they were really unfortunate, felt) Elizabeth's repuation gave her a wide breth, or steered clear of her all together. Kind of a hard to make friends when you entire reputation can be summed up in a spinning roundhouse kick. But she was interested by the apparent number puzzle on the pages of the book. And to be honest, she was just plain bored, having had a slowly reducing orange for company.

"Whatcha- ?" Liz began, before a wild klutz appeared, and nearly used the other girl as a balacing beam. But oh ho! He was a gentleman about it and took the fall on the cement steps between Elizabeth and the book girl.

"Smooth... Veeery smooth, guy." commented Liz, her sarcastic South Carolinan drawl instantly recognizable to anyone who had attended Blake Holsey for at least a year, as she directed a dismissful gaze towards the person in question.
Last edited by TriStates on Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:08 pm

(Asher)
Asher just smiled at Kenji when he looked startled, just waiting and giving him time to recover, though internally he found it funny that the guy was so enthralled with his bike that he'd startled him. At what Kenji said about bikes being a fan of him, Asher just blinked, like he seriously had no idea what the heck that was supposed to mean, and tried not to laugh, in case the kid was just kind of not very socially adept.

When Kenji started getting up and seemed a bit unsteady, he skated easily around the side of his bike,"Need any help?" He asked. It was in a polite way, and it was clear that Kenji could turn the offer down if he wanted.

He smiled at the compliment to his biked, rolling his feet back and forth. It was clear that he had a lot of energy. "Close. 150 horsepower, and 13,000 RPM, or something like that. I forget the specifics, I've had it for a while. What about you? Do you have a bike?"

(Drake)
"I don't imagine that happening, but if it does, yeah, we'll work it out. Too many people just argue it out," Drake said. Honestly, he believed that if people started arguing a lot from hanging out with each other all the time, they weren't really meant for each other. If they couldn't stay in one place together for a couple months or so, how would they spend the rest of their lives together?

Drake chuckled at her saying they were already doomed, then scoffed in a fake insulted way when she said she started dating him just to attend one of his family's parties. "Well, you're not going to!" He said, crossing his arms and trying not to laugh.

(Magnþór)
"Alright, I can do that," Magnþór said to the principle, who he thought needed to lighten up a bit. He just looked so serious all the time. "I will see you around, Principle!" With that, he gave a quick wave, before energetically headed off to go find his room and teaching area. On his way, he came across a guy in a wheelchair. "Hey, do you need help with something?" He asked in his cool icelandic accent.
Times are looking grim these days~

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:06 pm

Corrian wrote:Shailene
"You have got to be freaking kidding me" Shailene said as the parking lot became a place of mayhem. In a matter of minutes of her sitting out there, watching and observing, thinking about skateboarding around instead of making friends, someone drove up in one of those cars that screamed that you were a rich douche with a lack of style for actual good looking expensive cars.

Following that, some idiot who didn't appear to know how to drive came barreling down the drive at like 40 MPH, slamming on the breaks and parking their car into one of the parking spots. For one, that could have easily killed someone, with the idiots reckless driving. And for two, what the heck made them think that was a good idea at all?

To top it all off, 2 vans drove up, and suddenly a hyperactive family stepped out of both of the cars, squirting water at each other, shoving each other around, tackling each other, and so on. It was like the parents had no control over their wild children, or just didn't care. She shook her head at the sight of the mayhem that was breaking out, and decided that she had enough of this crap and needed to go inside to get some room to breath instead, when typically she did the opposite.

While wandering, she stumbled across one of the men's rooms that were left open, because apparently she was wandering random dormitory sections. Her curiosity hitting her of what the men's rooms looked like, if they were different at all, and a bit of mischievousness to snoop around like she did quite regularly brought her to peaking into the room. It looked like a pretty standard room, except her upstairs room had a window overlooking the parking lot, and had a bit of a different shape to it due to being upstairs and so close to the roof, which she guessed could be annoying in a rainstorm. But it apparently wasn't empty, as there was a man in the room, staring up at the ceiling fan that was going in circles in the room. Stepping around the corner, she decided to speak up.

"You left your door open" Shailene said, standing in the doorway now, looking towards the boy sprung out on his bed, staring at the ceiling.

Hailee
Hailee for a moment thought about waiting outside for Drake to arrive, but since she was new to this school, she ended up getting distracted with looking around the school, and then setting up her stuff in her room to how she liked it to be set up. She had her window propped open slightly, to get that fresh summer air blowing into her room. She loved winter weather, because it let her go snowboarding and play in the snow, but there was no denying that a lovely spring day, or fall day, or not too hot off a summer day, with a little breeze, felt extremely calming and nice.

But the calmness didn't last for long. While she was working, she heard a noisy car come barreling down the drive, and shortly after that, the sounds of a LOT of chatter, playful screams, water guns, and so on. Her first thought with that was that Drake had arrived, with his family members that were coming with him, plus the rest of his family from the sounds of it, because she knew his family was big and fun and playful, so the sounds sounded way too appropriate for that. She hopped up from her bed quickly, and looked out the window towards the mayhem, smiling when she spotted Drake among the crowd of his family. She wasn't the type to intentionally draw too much attention her way, so she didn't say anything down to him, but she did finish up what she was doing and then head downstairs. But not quick enough, because by the time she got there, Drake and his family made it to their rooms to unpack. Waiting for them to return, shortly after Drake showed up in sight again, she approached him with a smile.

"Hey Drake" Hailee said, stepping up to him and standing on the tips of her toes to give him a quick peck on the lips as a greeting. She went down onto her feet again and smiled. "I missed you, even though it hasn't been THAT long since we last saw each other. Like a week or something while I've been busy with getting ready for the start of school and such" She said, glancing towards the rest of his family that had come here for this year. "This is gonna be a fun year, isn't it?" She asked with a grin, referring to a large chunk of his family being here at the school this year and how many shenanigans they might end up getting into this year with his family being around. Nothing bad, of course, because she was the type who tended to like to stay under the rules. But she wasn't really referring to breaking the rules, just what crazy things might happen when 6 members of one fun loving family were in one school at the same time. She had a feeling it could definitely get very interesting.

Of course he had left the door open; why couldn't he have just shut the door? A better question, he supposed was why anyone would bother him when he was clearly trying to get his head straight before the chaos of a regular school day. Still, there wasn't much he could do about it aside from complain or make conversation...both options he hated. He sat up and looked at the girl standing in the doorway before briefly saying, "I-I know. Um..."

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:35 pm

Brooklyn
Brooklyn heard a word said to her, and she popped her head up, but as soon as she did, some boy practically tripped over her, though he didn't actually hit her. He almost did, and fell down, looking like he could have easily hurt himself. Not caring that he had almost bumped into her, though she did wonder how he managed to pull that off, she focused on the fact that he almost hurt himself instead.

"No, I'm fine. The bigger question is are you alright?" Brooklyn asked, looking a little concerned. "That looked like it could have been a bad fall" She said, then glanced at the other girl, who she only knew briefly from previous years at this school. She pretty much only briefly knew people period, so yeah. "Hey, no need to be rude. We all make mistakes. Maybe I was more in the way than I thought" She said.

Hailee
"Even my parents argue sometimes, and they are relatively calm most of the time" Hailee said, shaking her head lightly. "I can't say I haven't ever argued before. Who hasn't? But it seems so pointless to me most of the time" She said, then chuckled. "How did I get us onto a serious subject as soon as we meet again?" She shook her head again, though looking amused.

Hailee laughed at what Drake said, thinking that her fake self deserved that, but deciding to move on the discussion after a bit of a pause so they didn't linger on that for too long. "Want to explore the school with me more than I have already explored it, or were you and your family gonna do that?" She asked Drake curiously, looking up at him.

Shailene
Shailene raised an eyebrow at the boys clear difficulties with speaking properly. "What? Catch get your tongue?" She asked, not one for exactly playing nice with people. She'd rather someone just get on with what they're trying to say, because apparently she didn't understand that some people just, well, had issues communicating like a normal person would. Introverted type of people especially. "I am guessing you're trying to say something else to me, anyway" She said, crossing her arms and leaning against the door frame.

Mr Serious Pants
"Yes, I am sure we will" Mr Serious Pants said, watching the hyper teacher leave and disappear, not noticing the student in a wheel chair that was all confused and lost. He headed back into his office, shutting the door dramatically behind him...then proceeding to be very undramatic and started flipping through paperwork again.
My Last.FM and RYM

Saestea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:18 pm

Mackenzie Reid

"Shit, shit, shit." muttered Mackie angrily as he got back up onto his feet. He patted his hair down and looked at Elizabeth behind him, and at Brooklyn in front of him. Did they laugh?.. No... Don't think so...

"Yeah. Pretty cool, wasn't it?" he said right back at Elizabeth, sounding just as spiteful. "Nothing like a good fall..."

He turned back to Brooklyn, shaking his head and giving off a frustrated sigh. "Nah, I'm fine. My knees kinda hurt, but I'm fine."
Grumbling, he bent over and rubbed his kneecaps. His pants had gotten dirty, and the left knee was torn slightly. Mackie shook his head again in disappointment. If she hadn't been sitting there I-- No... It's not anyone's fault, Mackie. It was an accident...

Feeling rather stupid, he placed a hand behind his head, nervously pushing his hair back down. He couldn't look either of the girls in the eyes. Seeming rather distant and slightly pissed, he asked again, "You sure you're alright?.. I though I felt my foot hit something."
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:52 pm

"Yeah, I'm fine, honest" Brooklyn said reassuringly. "You probably felt your foot against the pavement or something, and thought that it was me that you had hit" She said, trying to think of a likely explanation. "Unless I got hit and didn't notice, but I doubt that was the case" She said, trying to continue to make sure the boy realized that it wasn't his fault, and was simply a coincidental accident involving two people in the wrong place at the wrong time.
My Last.FM and RYM

Saestea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:57 am

Mackenzie Reid

"Well, good..." said Mackenzie, evidently relieved that he hadn't hurt anyone apart from himself. He scratched the back of his head, unsure what to do or make of this awkward situation, so he ignored Elizabeth, since she was mean, and sat on the steps a little bit off from where Brooklyn was. He made sure he was out of the way in case anyone else decided to step outside.

Feeling a little nervous, he looked over to his left at the book that Brooklyn was reading... Or writing on. He wanted to ask, just for the hell of it, but right after he'd just embarrassed himself?.. Perhaps not. He sat there, on the other end of the stairs, sighing and shaking his head. He considered just going back to his flat, but there was no going back now. He had to put up with this, no matter how ridiculous it got. He needed the education if he was going to get any better jobs.

"Is that... Sudoku?" he asked quietly, looking at the book that Brookly had as he plucked a small flower from the bush to his right.
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:12 pm

Saestea wrote:
Mackenzie Reid

"Well, good..." said Mackenzie, evidently relieved that he hadn't hurt anyone apart from himself. He scratched the back of his head, unsure what to do or make of this awkward situation, so he ignored Elizabeth, since she was mean, and sat on the steps a little bit off from where Brooklyn was. He made sure he was out of the way in case anyone else decided to step outside.

Feeling a little nervous, he looked over to his left at the book that Brooklyn was reading... Or writing on. He wanted to ask, just for the hell of it, but right after he'd just embarrassed himself?.. Perhaps not. He sat there, on the other end of the stairs, sighing and shaking his head. He considered just going back to his flat, but there was no going back now. He had to put up with this, no matter how ridiculous it got. He needed the education if he was going to get any better jobs.

"Is that... Sudoku?" he asked quietly, looking at the book that Brookly had as he plucked a small flower from the bush to his right.

Elizabeth chuckled sarcasticly at Mackenzie's reponse to her, while ignoring Brooklyn's prostrations and apologetics towards the guy who had tripped over her. As far as Mackenzie was concerned, he had netted a little respent in her mind, since he hadn't been cowed by what she had said. God knew there were enough people without backbones in this shitty place.

After hearing his comment about the activity the girl was currently engrossed in, Elizabeth chimmed in, speaking to Brooklyn "I thought it was something along those lines. How good are you?"

Terintania wrote:(Asher)
Asher just smiled at Kenji when he looked startled, just waiting and giving him time to recover, though internally he found it funny that the guy was so enthralled with his bike that he'd startled him. At what Kenji said about bikes being a fan of him, Asher just blinked, like he seriously had no idea what the heck that was supposed to mean, and tried not to laugh, in case the kid was just kind of not very socially adept.

When Kenji started getting up and seemed a bit unsteady, he skated easily around the side of his bike,"Need any help?" He asked. It was in a polite way, and it was clear that Kenji could turn the offer down if he wanted.

He smiled at the compliment to his biked, rolling his feet back and forth. It was clear that he had a lot of energy. "Close. 150 horsepower, and 13,000 RPM, or something like that. I forget the specifics, I've had it for a while. What about you? Do you have a bike?"

"No, I'm fine. Just fine," Kenji said hurridly the moment Asher offered, in a kind way but one that broached clearly that he did want help. He never had been one to rely on other people, ever a maverick, prideful and independent. Ever since the accident happened, this had become especially true, giving him a sort of complex about the whole affair. His family, the family servants, the doctors, all they ever said and did was try to help. For him, it felt like they were all treating him like a broken person, an invalid. Pitying him. And that... that was something he would never accept.

He was sick and tired, of being treated sick and tired. He was 17 freakin' years old for Christ-sake!

Recovering deftly by casually leaning on his cane, Kenji nodded enthusiasticly as Asher described the correct figures. Turning back to the bike, he looked at it with a mixed gaze of apperciation and longing.

"Thats a great piece of machinary you have," turning to look at Asher, he was distracted by the colorful biker outfit the teenager wore. Another nod of apperciation followed his next words, "Great suit too."

Listening to Asher's questions, a ghostly smile came to Kenji's face.

"I had seven," after a moments thought, he continued, "but my favorite was the Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade, with Repsol finish."

Reaching into his pocket with his free hand, Kenji pulled out a expensive looking black leather wallet. Deftly flipping it open, and putting his hands inside one for the front pockets, he retrieved a folded photograph. Unfolding it, he held it out to Asher.

" 999 cc, liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder, Dual Stage Fuel Injection, 178.0 horse power at 12,000 rpms with 82 pounds of torque. 2012 Model, fresh off the assembly line and with an engine that Harley engineers would kill for... course, that was back when I could ," he stated, tapping his left leg with his cane. Turning back to Asher's motorcycle, he finished, "But I guess theres no harm in looking, now is there?"
* people giving a fuck,
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:42 pm

TriStates wrote:

"No, I'm fine. Just fine," Kenji said hurridly the moment Asher offered, in a kind way but one that broached clearly that he did want help. He never had been one to rely on other people, ever a maverick, prideful and independent. Ever since the accident happened, this had become especially true, giving him a sort of complex about the whole affair. His family, the family servants, the doctors, all they ever said and did was try to help. For him, it felt like they were all treating him like a broken person, an invalid. Pitying him. And that... that was something he would never accept.

He was sick and tired, of being treated sick and tired. He was 17 freakin' years old for Christ-sake!

Recovering deftly by casually leaning on his cane, Kenji nodded enthusiasticly as Asher described the correct figures. Turning back to the bike, he looked at it with a mixed gaze of apperciation and longing.

"Thats a great piece of machinary you have," turning to look at Asher, he was distracted by the colorful biker outfit the teenager wore. Another nod of apperciation followed his next words, "Great suit too."

Listening to Asher's questions, a ghostly smile came to Kenji's face.

"I had seven," after a moments thought, he continued, "but my favorite was the Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade, with Repsol finish."

Reaching into his pocket with his free hand, Kenji pulled out a expensive looking black leather wallet. Deftly flipping it open, and putting his hands inside one for the front pockets, he retrieved a folded photograph. Unfolding it, he held it out to Asher.

" 999 cc, liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder, Dual Stage Fuel Injection, 178.0 horse power at 12,000 rpms with 82 pounds of torque. 2012 Model, fresh off the assembly line and with an engine that Harley engineers would kill for... course, that was back when I could ," he stated, tapping his left leg with his cane. Turning back to Asher's motorcycle, he finished, "But I guess theres no harm in looking, now is there?"

Asher nodded when Kenji said that he was fine, understanding if he wanted to do it by himself. He understood not wanting to be helped all the time. He was never one for being coddled, himself, after all. Any time he got hurt, he would tell his parents not to fuss over him, and they would respect that, even if they wanted to. He was reckless and a daredevil, they had to get used to him getting hurt, and they'd figured that out many years ago.

"Thanks," He said, both to the compliment to his bike and his outfit,"As you can see, I like red and black together," He chuckled, referring to the fact that his jacket, gloves, skates and even his bike were red and black.

Asher immediately noticed the 'had' in Kenji's sentence, wondering why the 'had' was there. Why didn't he have them now? He figured it had to to with Kenji's injured leg. Taking the picture he looked at it. "Nice. Looks like a racer," He said, nodding to the specs like he knew what was being said, unlike the person reading it. "Nice," He said, skating up beside Kenji,"You only can't if you believe you can't," He said, sounding like a dramatic wise guy in his words.

(Drake)
"My parents rarely ever do. I mean, as you know my mom isn't home often, but when she is, they only ever argue over silly things, and they know it's silly and get over it a couple minutes later. Everyone argues sometimes," Drake said, the last part in agreement to what she said about 'who hasn't'. He shrugged, grinning,"Who knows."

"I don't know where my family went, so we had no plans to do that together," He said," I would be happy to explore with you."

Legatia
Minister

Founded: Nov 30, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Legatia » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:34 am

Elizabeth Arkwright's taxi pulled up to the school. She let out a sigh, wrapping her coat tightly around herself. Aside from being in an airplane, she'd never been at an altitude higher than over a thousand or so in her lifetime. Being in mountainous Colorado, she wasn't faring too well.

She stepped out of the cab, surveying the school, remarking quietly to herself about how this looks less like a school proper and more like a national monument. She sighed, heaving her suitcase out of the trunk of the taxi with no help from the ignorant taxi driver, having her struggle as she rolled it along. She shut the trunk's lid, and the taxi immediately pulled off. She sighed once more, walking through the parking lot up to the stairs leading to the entrance. She looked around with that sort of sad, nervous look, knowing absolutely no one in this school. The time difference would mean she'd have a very small window to contact any friends back in the United Kingdom, and though she hadn't calculated it, she could assume it'd be sometime when she'd be in class, or getting ready for school in the morning.

Which would mean she'd have to do something she hadn't done for a few years, and generally loathed doing anyways- making brand new friends.

She had known this since she signed her signature on the form for being an exchange student- but, all in all, it was better than staying with her mother.
Last edited by Legatia on Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:29 pm

Terintania wrote:

Asher nodded when Kenji said that he was fine, understanding if he wanted to do it by himself. He understood not wanting to be helped all the time. He was never one for being coddled, himself, after all. Any time he got hurt, he would tell his parents not to fuss over him, and they would respect that, even if they wanted to. He was reckless and a daredevil, they had to get used to him getting hurt, and they'd figured that out many years ago.

"Thanks," He said, both to the compliment to his bike and his outfit,"As you can see, I like red and black together," He chuckled, referring to the fact that his jacket, gloves, skates and even his bike were red and black.

Asher immediately noticed the 'had' in Kenji's sentence, wondering why the 'had' was there. Why didn't he have them now? He figured it had to to with Kenji's injured leg. Taking the picture he looked at it. "Nice. Looks like a racer," He said, nodding to the specs like he knew what was being said, unlike the person reading it. "Nice," He said, skating up beside Kenji,"You only can't if you believe you can't," He said, sounding like a dramatic wise guy in his words.

"That is what they say..." Kenji replied diplomaticaly, neither supporting nor detracting Asher's statement. He didn't want to get into a philisopical argument over Mind versus Body with the one person he had enjoyed talking to since his interment into the hospital. And on a deeper level, he found such platitudes annoying. What did this guy know about his problems? It was alright for him to say stuff like that, because he couldn't even begin to comprehend the scars Kenji had indurded these past months. Visible, or otherwise.

Shaking himself from such dark thoughts, hoping to forestall the black mood that came with them, he noticed the conversation had tappered off. Returning his attention to Asher, the Japanese teenager stuck out his right hand in the common American greeting

"I don't believe I've introduced myself. The names Kenji Katsumoto."

Legatia wrote:Elizabeth Arkwright's taxi pulled up to the school. She let out a sigh, wrapping her coat tightly around herself. Aside from being in an airplane, she'd never been at an altitude higher than over a thousand or so in her lifetime. Being in mountainous Colorado, she wasn't faring too well.

She stepped out of the cab, surveying the school, remarking quietly to herself about how this looks less like a school proper and more like a national monument. She sighed, heaving her suitcase out of the trunk of the taxi with no help from the ignorant taxi driver, having her struggle as she rolled it along. She shut the trunk's lid, and the taxi immediately pulled off. She sighed once more, walking through the parking lot up to the stairs leading to the entrance. She looked around with that sort of sad, nervous look, knowing absolutely no one in this school. The time difference would mean she'd have a very small window to contact any friends back in the United Kingdom, and though she hadn't calculated it, she could assume it'd be sometime when she'd be in class, or getting ready for school in the morning.

Which would mean she'd have to do something she hadn't done for a few years, and generally loathed doing anyways- making brand new friends.

She had known this since she signed her signature on the form for being an exchange student- but, all in all, it was better than staying with her mother.

Breaking off in mid-sentence, a look of confusion and increduality crossed the oriental student's face. He seemed to be looking at a point of space behind Asher.

"No way... no way..." he mumbled a loud as his eyes narrowed in focus, having temporarily forgotten whatever he had been about to say to Asher.

And suddenly. The look of skepticism was gone, replaced by a gigantic, Colgate-white smile. The excitment and happiness it conveaned was as genuine as the blue sky above. It had been a long time since such a look had graced Kenji's face.

"Hey!," Kenji shouted loudly in the direction he had been looking at. Shifting his weight to his right foot, he was able to lift both hands and cane, waving enthusiasticly as he continued trying to get the attention of someone or something.

"Hey! HEY YOU! Chotto soko ni- uh -Elizabeth!" The teenager was so overtaken by his greetings he had been dropped into his native tongue, only noticing half way through. If Asher were to turn in the direction of Kenji's verbal prostrations, he would notice they were directed towards a well-dressed girl; about to ascened the steps of the school, leading to the entrance of Blake Holsey.

Liz had started to get a little bored with her company on the steps. Not that she would admit it, but she knew she had probably isolated herself again by that unthinking comment. Even though she thought the kid klutz had earned the ridicule. She had been zoning off in the midst of the two others conversation when the appearance of another person caught her attention. A Chic-dressed girl was man-handling what could only be her luggage out of the backseat of a ratty looking taxi. The asshole of a driver hadn't even bothered to offer a hand of assistance.

Men. Fuckin' pigs they are...

Of course, what really struck her was her face. Liz would swear on her next paycheck that she looked oddly familiar...

OH SHIT!, she thought, almost blurting the exclamation aloud as realization came to her.

Rising suddenly from her seat on the step, Liz started waving madly at the approaching individual with a smile full of warmth and joy. An expression no one at Holsey would have ever thought to have seen on the likes of The Palm Top Tiger herself.

Slasher, man-eater smirk of destruction? Check, and expected. But cute, happy, sugar-and-spice smile? Out of Liz? What kind of crack have you been smoking?!

Regardless of all opinons and expectations, that was exactly the look on her face as she descended the stairs, making a running bee line for one of her few friends she had never thought she would see again.

"What the hell are you doing here!" Excalimed Liz happily to her same-named duo.
Last edited by TriStates on Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
* people giving a fuck,

The Starlight wrote:

Legatia
Minister

Founded: Nov 30, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Legatia » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:51 pm

Well, that answered her problem.

Caught between a barrage of welcomes, between two figures she swore she thought she'd never see again- Kenji Katsumoto and her same-named duo, Elizabeth Taggart. Both of them she met in the same summer, if her memory served her well.

She waved in both directions, a nervous smile on her face. "Hello, hello!" She said, adding an extra wave towards Kenji for compensation before she moved her focus to the other Elizabeth.

"Hehe, well, um, I sort of go to school here now.." She peeked over Liz's shoulder at the school. "By Saint George, I never would've expected to see you ever again!" Her smile became a bit more warm. "And I was scared I'd have to make a ton of new friends here.. So, uh, Liz, how've you been, pray tell?" She asked, adjusting her jacket, idly. Though she'd need to converse with Kenji, she couldn't do so yet- she'd make a point of it later.

Firsthome
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Firsthome » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:50 pm

(Drake)
"I don't imagine that happening, but if it does, yeah, we'll work it out. Too many people just argue it out," Drake said. Honestly, he believed that if people started arguing a lot from hanging out with each other all the time, they weren't really meant for each other. If they couldn't stay in one place together for a couple months or so, how would they spend the rest of their lives together?

Drake chuckled at her saying they were already doomed, then scoffed in a fake insulted way when she said she started dating him just to attend one of his family's parties. "Well, you're not going to!" He said, crossing his arms and trying not to laugh.

(Magnþór)
"Alright, I can do that," Magnþór said to the principle, who he thought needed to lighten up a bit. He just looked so serious all the time. "I will see you around, Principle!" With that, he gave a quick wave, before energetically headed off to go find his room and teaching area. On his way, he came across a guy in a wheelchair. "Hey, do you need help with something?" He asked in his cool icelandic accent.

Jackson Look Up, And Saw a Tall Man With a Energetic air around him..he clear his through, and spoke," Does this school have an elevator? I Kinda need one, If you Can't Tell..." He Began to wheel around , indicating his wheelchair as the problem, " I
Jackson Dominov, and I was assigned to room 6."

Laerod wrote:That's like pointing out a thread about kittens contains posts about baby cats.
GENERATION 4: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:56 pm

TriStates wrote:
Terintania wrote:

"That is what they say..." Kenji replied diplomaticaly, neither supporting nor detracting Asher's statement. He didn't want to get into a philisopical argument over Mind versus Body with the one person he had enjoyed talking to since his interment into the hospital. And on a deeper level, he found such platitudes annoying. What did this guy know about his problems? It was alright for him to say stuff like that, because he couldn't even begin to comprehend the scars Kenji had indurded these past months. Visible, or otherwise.

Shaking himself from such dark thoughts, hoping to forestall the black mood that came with them, he noticed the conversation had tappered off. Returning his attention to Asher, the Japanese teenager stuck out his right hand in the common American greeting

Legatia wrote:Elizabeth Arkwright's taxi pulled up to the school. She let out a sigh, wrapping her coat tightly around herself. Aside from being in an airplane, she'd never been at an altitude higher than over a thousand or so in her lifetime. Being in mountainous Colorado, she wasn't faring too well.

Breaking off in mid-sentence, a look of confusion and increduality crossed the oriental student's face. He seemed to be looking at a point of space behind Asher.

"No way... no way..." he mumbled a loud as his eyes narrowed in focus, having temporarily forgotten whatever he had been about to say to Asher.

And suddenly. The look of skepticism was gone, replaced by a gigantic, Colgate-white smile. The excitment and happiness it conveaned was as genuine as the blue sky above. It had been a long time since such a look had graced Kenji's face.

"Hey!," Kenji shouted loudly in the direction he had been looking at. Shifting his weight to his right foot, he was able to lift both hands and cane, waving enthusiasticly as he continued trying to get the attention of someone or something.

"Hey! HEY YOU! Chotto soko ni- uh -Elizabeth!" The teenager was so overtaken by his greetings he had been dropped into his native tongue, only noticing half way through. If Asher were to turn in the direction of Kenji's verbal prostrations, he would notice they were directed towards a well-dressed girl; about to ascened the steps of the school, leading to the entrance of Blake Holsey.

"Whether or not it's true," Asher shrugged,"But I believe it. Of course, I don't know anything about you, so, yeah. I don't know whether or not it would work, but maybe I could take you on a ride on mine sometime," He gave another shrug, then just stood silently, kicking his foot back and forth again while Kenji sort of spaced out. Asher didn't seem to mind, he just waited for Kenji to snap out of it. When he did, Asher shook his hand,"I'm Asher, Asher whitaker. Nice to meet you, Kenji," He said, grinning, before getting distracted by Kenji trying to get the attention of someone else. Someone he didn't know. He sat back against his bike and just let Kenji talk to this new person.

(Magnþór)
"Ah. I do not think it does. But as far as I know, upstairs is only rooms. #6 is probably one of the downstairs rooms," Magnþór said, sort of bouncing up and down in place. He also spoke fast. Not to fast as to not be understand, but still pretty fast, seeming like he just had too much energy. "I am Magnþór Fjólmundurson, the PE teacher," He introduced himself, which didn't really serve any purpose 'cause the chances of anyone being able to pronounce his name was slim, though he said it easily. "I can help you find your room, if you want."

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:57 pm

Aleksy
"Why am I in America?" Aleksy repeated the question almost worriedly. He liked these people but wasn't about to trust them with his past after a five minute conversation. You learned to keep quiet when it meant life or death in some circumstances. "I, you know. I come to America for... learning, and because is better life here." Aleksy hoped that would be enough for the curious Swede. The girl who Aleksy has suspected was British turned out to prove Aleksy correct, and in fact jokingly returned to her original accent for a time to show them. Aleksy laughed and said "Was good! I can speak like from homeland too, you know." Aleksy paused for a minute, gathering his thoughts, before saying "Mówię po polsku już teraz, można powiedzieć?" While saying it, he purposefully put on the most slavic voice he could.

Firsthome
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Firsthome » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:11 pm

Terintania wrote:
TriStates wrote:

"Whether or not it's true," Asher shrugged,"But I believe it. Of course, I don't know anything about you, so, yeah. I don't know whether or not it would work, but maybe I could take you on a ride on mine sometime," He gave another shrug, then just stood silently, kicking his foot back and forth again while Kenji sort of spaced out. Asher didn't seem to mind, he just waited for Kenji to snap out of it. When he did, Asher shook his hand,"I'm Asher, Asher whitaker. Nice to meet you, Kenji," He said, grinning, before getting distracted by Kenji trying to get the attention of someone else. Someone he didn't know. He sat back against his bike and just let Kenji talk to this new person.

(Magnþór)
"Ah. I do not think it does. But as far as I know, upstairs is only rooms. #6 is probably one of the downstairs rooms," Magnþór said, sort of bouncing up and down in place. He also spoke fast. Not to fast as to not be understand, but still pretty fast, seeming like he just had too much energy. "I am Magnþór Fjólmundurson, the PE teacher," He introduced himself, which didn't really serve any purpose 'cause the chances of anyone being able to pronounce his name was slim, though he said it easily. "I can help you find your room, if you want."

Jackson Facepalmed, " yeah... Sorry. Forgot that #6 was a downstairs room.... Sorry for the inconvenience...." he quickly wheeled off to his dorm room, to try to get the best possible area in the room for his disability.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:16 pm

Firsthome wrote:
Terintania wrote:"Whether or not it's true," Asher shrugged,"But I believe it. Of course, I don't know anything about you, so, yeah. I don't know whether or not it would work, but maybe I could take you on a ride on mine sometime," He gave another shrug, then just stood silently, kicking his foot back and forth again while Kenji sort of spaced out. Asher didn't seem to mind, he just waited for Kenji to snap out of it. When he did, Asher shook his hand,"I'm Asher, Asher whitaker. Nice to meet you, Kenji," He said, grinning, before getting distracted by Kenji trying to get the attention of someone else. Someone he didn't know. He sat back against his bike and just let Kenji talk to this new person.

(Magnþór)

Jackson Facepalmed, " yeah... Sorry. Forgot that #6 was a downstairs room.... Sorry for the inconvenience...." he quickly wheeled off to his dorm room, to try to get the best possible area in the room for his disability.

"Don't worry about it," Magnþór said, giving Jackson a slight wave as he left, then jogging off to his designated teaching area (Presumably the gym) to get to work on setting it up how he wanted, and preparing for what he wanted his first class to be.

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:31 am

Corrian wrote:Brooklyn
Brooklyn heard a word said to her, and she popped her head up, but as soon as she did, some boy practically tripped over her, though he didn't actually hit her. He almost did, and fell down, looking like he could have easily hurt himself. Not caring that he had almost bumped into her, though she did wonder how he managed to pull that off, she focused on the fact that he almost hurt himself instead.

"No, I'm fine. The bigger question is are you alright?" Brooklyn asked, looking a little concerned. "That looked like it could have been a bad fall" She said, then glanced at the other girl, who she only knew briefly from previous years at this school. She pretty much only briefly knew people period, so yeah. "Hey, no need to be rude. We all make mistakes. Maybe I was more in the way than I thought" She said.

Hailee
"Even my parents argue sometimes, and they are relatively calm most of the time" Hailee said, shaking her head lightly. "I can't say I haven't ever argued before. Who hasn't? But it seems so pointless to me most of the time" She said, then chuckled. "How did I get us onto a serious subject as soon as we meet again?" She shook her head again, though looking amused.

Hailee laughed at what Drake said, thinking that her fake self deserved that, but deciding to move on the discussion after a bit of a pause so they didn't linger on that for too long. "Want to explore the school with me more than I have already explored it, or were you and your family gonna do that?" She asked Drake curiously, looking up at him.

Shailene
Shailene raised an eyebrow at the boys clear difficulties with speaking properly. "What? Catch get your tongue?" She asked, not one for exactly playing nice with people. She'd rather someone just get on with what they're trying to say, because apparently she didn't understand that some people just, well, had issues communicating like a normal person would. Introverted type of people especially. "I am guessing you're trying to say something else to me, anyway" She said, crossing her arms and leaning against the door frame.

Mr Serious Pants
"Yes, I am sure we will" Mr Serious Pants said, watching the hyper teacher leave and disappear, not noticing the student in a wheel chair that was all confused and lost. He headed back into his office, shutting the door dramatically behind him...then proceeding to be very undramatic and started flipping through paperwork again.

Unfortunately for the girl, Matt wasn't exactly the type of person who could spit out what he wanted to say clearly through the first time since he stuttered. The fact that she was being a little bit of a prick didn't help, especially the "cat got your tongue" comment. It annoyed him more than it should have, and it showed on his face as he stood up. "L-l-l..." He tried to say, taking a breath befor saying, "L-look, I'm t-t-trying to relax, and I-I'd rather not have someone b-bothering me today, okay?"

Saestea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:44 pm

Vensel Hendri Odhner

For a moment, Odi frowned and placed a thumb and forefinger on his chin. He realized what it was like when someone said something you didn't understand. He hummed softly, wondering if he could learn Polish later. He already knew how to read Cyrillic characters, but could not speak any Slavic language. He snapped out of his short trance and shrugged. Better to cross that bridge when he got there later on.

"Ah, I see... Ja, ja." nodded Odi, crossing his arms over his chest. He honestly didn't agree with Aleksy when he said life was better in America. It seemed much more comfortable in Sweden. But that was just his opinion, and he wasn't about to argue on his first day. He chuckled lightly, innocently at Josie's sudden outburst of a seemingly familiar phrase that Odi had heard before. Something ridiculous from a TV show... Or maybe it was a stage performance. He no longer remembered.

"So..." he said afterwards, connecting his hands behind his back and alternating between standing on his toes and his heels. "It was very nice to meet you, Josie, Aleksy.." he turned to each of them, bowing slightly.
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse