NATION

PASSWORD

Medieval rp IC (private)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ben M
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Sun May 25, 2014 6:48 am

Last edited by Ben M on Sun May 25, 2014 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Personality type: INFP-A
Economic Left/Right: -6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.26
Never play a direct democracy. Fat people can be KING. Moles in space are fearsome. Magical Vikings wreck shit. Spies are Difficult. Stereotypes kill Zombies. Robots hurt society. Nerds can lead super people. Anti-socialites have demons. Stuck up Snow Elves don't interact well. HRE in Space tends to get complicated. Superheroes can be very orthodox. Fanatics don't make friends... even in space.

Quazin the Great
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Quazin the Great » Sun May 25, 2014 11:48 am

"So Gariels butler was translating? that was not in your original description of the events"
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖

Ben M
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Sun May 25, 2014 12:37 pm

Both Tyri and trenlatus looked quizzically at Audric?
"What your highness? You in your infinite wisdom have confused me, how have i contradicted my story?" Spoke up trenaltus.
Never play a direct democracy. Fat people can be KING. Moles in space are fearsome. Magical Vikings wreck shit. Spies are Difficult. Stereotypes kill Zombies. Robots hurt society. Nerds can lead super people. Anti-socialites have demons. Stuck up Snow Elves don't interact well. HRE in Space tends to get complicated. Superheroes can be very orthodox. Fanatics don't make friends... even in space.

Quazin the Great
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Quazin the Great » Sun May 25, 2014 12:43 pm

"1st of all, i dont appreciate your sarcasm. second of all, I do not recall you saying in your description of the events that Gariels butler was translating what you were saying. Were they speaking Dalentarin at all?"
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖

Ben M
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Sun May 25, 2014 12:46 pm

Trenaltus blinked. Then Bowed extremely deep. Tyri rolled his eyes tot he sky.

"YOUr highness i did not mean ANY offense in my words! I would neve question one so powerful as yourself. Your Inteligence show_"

"Shut. The.Fuck. Up Trenaltus. No one likes when u do that. Get on wiht it." Trenlatus blinked.

"Well your highness's I do not rmeber anyone speaking Dalentari except Gariel to his Butler. I omitted that part because i thought it safe to assume the butler was translating as Gariel does not speak Fascilian."

Drakmah
Ambassador

Left-Leaning College State

Postby Drakmah » Sun May 25, 2014 12:49 pm

"PFFFFFT, HAHAhA..... he.... he just told him...." Alathos was almost crying from laughing "told him to shut the fuck up..... hahahehe.... classic.....haaaaaaaa"
Alathos settled down

"ok continue."
Quazin the Great wrote:Rules
9. Title stuff so Drakmah doesn't burst into flame. This rule may not matter because Drakmah
has grown old and tired and no longer trifles with such inflammatory conduct.

☠ Just your friendly neighborhood Necromancer

R.I.P. Tony the Possum - May 29th, 2017

Quazin the Great
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Quazin the Great » Sun May 25, 2014 1:04 pm

"so was he wasn't translating correct?"
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖

Ben M
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Sun May 25, 2014 1:08 pm

Trenaltus blinked. "Your highness he did not translate to Gariel."

Tyri Sat up. "This means that Gariel Declared he wanted a duel without even knowing what Trenaltus said! Not only this but You butler failed to inform gairel that he was supposed to leave! Therfore I think i should deport both Gariel and his butler." (That was said to Audric.) "Continue your questioning if you have anything else you'd like to clarify sire. And trenaltus, stop calling us Highness. Your grace should serve, unless you prefer otherwise Audric? (Now turns to Alathos) And for god sakes Sire! Compose yourself at these hearings. While trenaltus is quite the fool have some dignity. Your laughter is encouraging him!" Trenaltus just gets kinda confused and bows.
Last edited by Ben M on Sun May 25, 2014 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quazin the Great
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Quazin the Great » Sun May 25, 2014 2:07 pm

"hmmmmm." Audric said, stroking his beard, "Lets not jump to conclusions your grace. Personally, I wish to speak with Gariel and his butler again. Why did he not translate? it may have been that Trenaltus's violent advance made him prioritize saying what had to be said over a translation to Gariel. It may have been that he felt threatened and he didn't think he'd have the time. Why did Gariel challenge him to a duel? Maybe he thought that Trenaltus was simply insulting him for who he was rather than the situation. Maybe he felt that Trenaltus was about to commit an act of violence and that a duel would prevent that violence from getting out of hand and causing political turmoil and conflict. A duel is certainly better than rogue bloodshed, and certainly has the potential of being less bloody" Audric shrugged, "We might as well find out. On a side note, would you mind if I were the one to do the deporting? Just in the representational aspect. I fear my people might not take it seriously if it came you, your grace, wheras they would definitely recognize that Gariel was at fault if it came from me" (all said to his grace)
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖

Quazin the Great
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Quazin the Great » Sun May 25, 2014 2:09 pm

turns back to trenaltus, "If his butler were to turn away from you and start speaking in a foreign language directly after you advanced towards them threateningly, what would you have done?"
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖

Ben M
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Sun May 25, 2014 2:59 pm

"Sire I will do the deporting. You do not have the, well, authority, to deport somebody from my nation. Technivally. But I am the first to admit mistake. Continue and fetch Gariel and His butler" Said Tyri.

Trenaltus spoke. "Your Highness, I don't know. He hadn't done it all conversation so I would have probably forced them out of the tent. I believe Leto was waking at that point."
Last edited by Ben M on Sun May 25, 2014 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Quazin the Great
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Quazin the Great » Sun May 25, 2014 3:33 pm

Audric turned to the king, "Although I do not have the authority to deport someone from your nation, your grace, I do have the authority to send one of my men home and prevent them from re-entering your nation. Or any other nation for that matter. I doubt I will bring Gariel with me in the future regardless of the nation we are going to." Audric shrugs and then waves to the messenger, "Get them, they shouldn't be far". He turns back to Trenaltus, "How would you have forced them out of the tent? You're already waving the sword at them at this point, correct?"
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖

Ben M
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Sun May 25, 2014 3:43 pm

"You highness I wasn't waving my sword, merely pointing. But i would have removed them by force. I don't think I would have harmed them unless they tried to harm me first, that would be a serious broach and would have me both dishonored and possibly arrested."

Quazin the Great
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Quazin the Great » Sun May 25, 2014 4:09 pm

"But you threatened to kill them did you not? was that an empty threat?"
Last edited by Quazin the Great on Sun May 25, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖

Ben M
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Sun May 25, 2014 4:31 pm

"Your grace. as pathetic as I am compared to you, do you really think I am stupid enough to kill a foreign Knight?"

Tyri rolls his eyes and barely audibly mutters, "Trenlatus your so stupid I don't doubt anything."

Quazin the Great
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Quazin the Great » Sun May 25, 2014 4:41 pm

" well I don't know Trenaltus", Says Audric, barely stifling a grin, "you did swear on your ancestors bones that you would, and you did previously assume that you were equal to their rank." Audric shrugs, "on a separate note," Audric says, turning to the king, "I forgot to ask your grace. Why are you against them dueling?"
Last edited by Quazin the Great on Sun May 25, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖

Ben M
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Sun May 25, 2014 4:44 pm

Trenaltus bows and starts saying a bunch of apologies.

Tyri speaks up "Well my people are already pissed at Gariel. If they find out he's walking around challenging duels, Well, it wouldn't be good. Not only that but Its not seen as honorable if you duel someone lesser in skill to you. Hell no one duels anymore. and this lump (He points to Trenaltus) Is a decent fighter but no where near in skill to one of your top fighters."

Drakmah
Ambassador

Left-Leaning College State

Postby Drakmah » Tue May 27, 2014 9:50 am

"Well" interjected Alathos "Depending on how many people know about this duel you might have to let it happen." Alathos paused as he got some weird looks

"Let me explain, I went to check on Leto and when i entered Gariel was leaving and this guy *He points to the knight* was super pissed, now Leto might not be the most.... popular person in the kingdom but i can tell you one thing, people love to gossip, and a recently demoted Dalentari noble yelling in a dukes tent, or at least thats what it would look like, is a great basis for a story that can easily be blown out of proportion. While we have been in the castle talking it is quite possible that the news of duel has been spread halfway across the grounds already, and canceling a duel like this, especially if people are expecting it and have had time to get worked up about, would be outragous in the eyes of a lot of people. My recommendation is that you allow me to send some of my runners around and collect gossip and see how much of the situation has been released into the public, and how out of proportion the gossipers have put it. If we can collect some data we can make a more educated desision." Alathos took a deep breath and turned to a servant.

"Would you mind grabbing my something to drink? My throat hurts after talking that much."

He turned back to the rest of the people

"What are your thoughts?"
Quazin the Great wrote:Rules
9. Title stuff so Drakmah doesn't burst into flame. This rule may not matter because Drakmah
has grown old and tired and no longer trifles with such inflammatory conduct.

☠ Just your friendly neighborhood Necromancer

R.I.P. Tony the Possum - May 29th, 2017

Garfunclia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Garfunclia » Tue May 27, 2014 10:03 am

After Garfuncle thanks the castle guards, he decides get himself a bow. He grabs a hatchet and heads back off into the woods. He reaches the clearing he was at before. He spots the fallen tree he had sat on before. He uses his hatchet to cut a piece of timber about four feet in length from the trunk. He pulls his carving tools off from his belt and sets to work on the trunk. After several tedious hours of work, he creates a perfectly shaped body of a bow. He smiles as he looks at his work. Now all he needs is the bowstring. He heads off further through the woods, looking for an animal that may have fallen victim to its prey. After about another hour of walking, he finally finds a deer. He figures that it would be better to use the sinew to make a bowstring than to let it rot. He finishes the bow and then proceeds to make arrowheads. This task is much easier than the bow. Satisfied with his work, he goes back to the clearing and sits on what remains of the fallen tree. He just sits there, taking in the nature around him for a long moment. He looks at the constellations, thinking about all of the turmoil that had taken place during the day. He pulls out some paper, a pen, and some ink. He starts to write.

Imaginations

Do you ever close your eyes and think of some place new?
A world where everything is different from what you once knew
Maybe it’s just a place where there’s a whole different you,
Or a land where everything people say is always true
It’s amazing what the imagination can create,
Just a place where everyone’s lives can have a perfect fate
Seems like every time we turn on the TV there’s bad news,
It’s always something about a crashed plane or a lost cruise
It seems like it’s rare for good things to happen in this life,
As if everything is just another story of strife
Why is it that it’s so easy to find something that’s wrong,
Yet it’s just way too hard to find a heartwarming love song?
Why do we think the things in movies are just fairytales,
That they’re just a train of thought taken far off of its rails?
Why is it that we all can’t fathom the fascinations;
The tales of friendship and love and perfect combinations?
And why do we all think that this is a part of normal life;
All of the pain and the suffering that seems to run rife?
We become blind and wrongly think happy destinations,
Are just childish products of our imaginations

He reads it over a few times until he is satisfied. It's not his best but he knows it has a strong message. He sits on the tree until the sun starts to rise, and he then makes his way back to the castle.
This was once a quote of Ben M saying something stupid, but he unfortunately made me change it because he has my password. Just know that what he said was highly stupid. Also, I did all the grammar editing for him in the Lull RP. Not even that could save it.

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -8.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.97

Personality Type: INFP-T
"Heavy stones fear no weather..." -Of Monsters and Men

TALK BERNIE TO ME

Quazin the Great
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Quazin the Great » Tue May 27, 2014 10:09 am

Audric, who had been wearing a confused expression throughout the Ysaltkin man's explanation suddently let out a burst of laughter. Still smiling, he turned to the king, "I apologize your grace, I had not realised the misunderstanding of the situation. My fault of course, I should not have assumed." He sipped his wine before continuing, "Allow me to explain. Dalentarin duels are much different than Facilican duels. Considering their popularity in my nation, the land would have been overtaken by violence long ago if they were similar." He took another sip, "When any man challenges another man to a duel in Dalentarth, the nature of the duel is not set. The nature of the duel itself is proposed by the person being challenged, which is then vetoed or accepted by the supervisor of this duel." he took a pause to stroke his beard, "which would probably have been me or Belfast in this situation. Also unlike Facilican duels, the degree of the duel is not set, and the type of duel proposable is practically unlimited. The person being challenged gets to decide if the duel is of arms, of intelect, to the death, anything, even a drinking copmpetition. If it is something where one side has a distinct advantage then the supervisor will veto it. Its a suprisingly effective system, and it makes sense that Gariel would have proposed it. Duels in my nation are typically used to prevent conflict from getting out of hand, and that definetly makes sense considering the situation." He paused again, to directly adress the king, "Of course it is your choice of which dueling system we would use."
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖

Ben M
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Tue May 27, 2014 2:25 pm

"Unfortunately sire any "duel"in fasilica is treated as a huge conflict. I would not be able to change public opinion. A duel woul look bad politically. Not only that but Gariel is already hated here. It would be bad. And I don't want people to see my high ranking officers getting drunk or being silly! No a duel is out of the question. I will hear NOTHING more about a duel."
Last edited by Ben M on Tue May 27, 2014 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quazin the Great
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Quazin the Great » Tue May 27, 2014 5:30 pm

"whether they duel or not is your decision, and I care not of the outcome of that, however, considering that Gariel's intent was not nearly as violent as your grace had thought, I ask that you may reconsider your previous punishment. Perhaps Gariel not be allowed to participate further in the games? People will forget if he has no immediate presence-" Audric paused as the messanger entered and bowed,
"Sir, they are outside waiting"
"Good. They may wait another minute." Audric turned towards the King, "what say you, your grace?"
Last edited by Quazin the Great on Tue May 27, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖

Ben M
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Tue May 27, 2014 6:21 pm

Tyri sighed.
"Ugh now your calling me by a title to high for you? Its bad enough with trenaltus calling me your highness. Please. For now call me Sire Tyri (first name shows some sort of friendship if small) Yes I suppose that my previous punishment was a little harsh. However he did do a duel. Let us listen a little more to Gariel while I decide what to do." The king slumped into his chair and scratches his beard, his stomach rumbles. "Let them in." Trenaltus bows, "Thank you humbly your Highnesses I-"

Tyris eyes go slits.
"Get. Out.Now. Do NOT CALL ME HIGHNESS. (Trenaltus runs out. Tyri turns to Audric.) Its a customs thing. Highness was used to describe Raxton the great. A good king but a cold king, if you'll pardon the pun. I do not want to associate myself with his glorious but, well, Chilly (He giggles slightly), Rule. Ah Gariel and his butler are finally coming in. (That was said as they enter, so before they enter fully.)".

Quazin the Great
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Quazin the Great » Tue May 27, 2014 6:47 pm

Audric gave Tyri an appreciatively smile and nodded his head, "Of course sire Tyri", He turned to the men at the door and waved them in, "We have called you here again to settle some final wrinkles. First off, Why did you not translate?" He aimed his question directly at the butler.
"Hmmm sir? What?"
"when Trenaltus asked you both to leave, why did you not translate his message to Gariel?"
"Oh sir. Hmmm. Well at first it was because it simply had not occurred to me. Gariel understands the words 'go' so I figured that he'd caught the first phrase and he never notified me of otherwise. Usually he taps me on the shoulder when I forget to translate a simple phrase. I would have translated the man's insult, but I was not sure of the meaning of some of the words and he was already angry so I figured that turning away from him to translate and explain the gist of what the man had said to my master would only serve to anger him more. I am familiar with the breaking eye contact insult in our nation and I was not sure if a similar one existed in Facilica. Also, the man was already advancing with his sword, so if I were to turn aside to translate and he were to attack than I would be late to protect my master."
Audric stroked his beard, "hmmmmm." he turned to Tyri, "Sire Tyri, anything you would wish to ask before I question Gariel?"
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖

Ben M
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Tue May 27, 2014 7:02 pm

Tyri shook his head.
Last edited by Ben M on Thu May 29, 2014 9:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse