NATION

PASSWORD

Searchlight (Survival Horror RP; OOC; OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Destinado Tierra
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Destinado Tierra » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:46 pm

I've got three different ideas for a character:

1. A retired Marine [Currently with the Gaurd] who is dedicated to his job as a soldier but decided not to re-enlist with the Marines due to the fact he wanted to settle down and have a family with a better paying job. Despite this, he still the desire to stay connected to that sort of life and joined the National Gaurd to help out in his state. However his definition of "help out" meant disaster relief and then going back home a week later -Not getting sent to figure out what would've happened if MH370 was a town and not a plane.

2. A reporter with a desire to show the world what goes on behind closed doors, he's been everywhere from documenting how the African ivory trade worked to the battle for Marjah. A complete adrenaline junkie as well it's no wonder why companies like CNN and Vice hire him to make their cover stories. He never fails to find trouble and always succeeds at figuring out what's going on with said trouble. The incident in North Carolina? He'd kill to cover that story.

3. An FBI [Or CIA if you'll let me] investigator who served nine years with the Marines after graduating from the United States Naval Academy this man is somebody who you'd never want to mess with. Not because he's a trained killer but because he will destroy you without even having to lay a finger on you. Discovering the truth at any cost is his specialty but his focus on combat has gone down quite a bit since his time with the military. That doesn't mean he won't be able to do well against whatever he ends up fighting but staying back to research the problem until he can find a solution, then charging in to spread that "Solution" everywhere is more his style as he is a very careful and precise man. A missing town? Gotta' pay the bills some how.

You get to pick which character I make.

Mizrad
Senator

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrad » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:53 pm

Destinado Tierra wrote:I've got three different ideas for a character:

1. A retired Marine [Currently with the Gaurd] who is dedicated to his job as a soldier but decided not to re-enlist with the Marines due to the fact he wanted to settle down and have a family with a better paying job. Despite this, he still the desire to stay connected to that sort of life and joined the National Gaurd to help out in his state. However his definition of "help out" meant disaster relief and then going back home a week later -Not getting sent to figure out what would've happened if MH370 was a town and not a plane.

2. A reporter with a desire to show the world what goes on behind closed doors, he's been everywhere from documenting how the African ivory trade worked to the battle for Marjah. A complete adrenaline junkie as well it's no wonder why companies like CNN and Vice hire him to make their cover stories. He never fails to find trouble and always succeeds at figuring out what's going on with said trouble. The incident in North Carolina? He'd kill to cover that story.

3. An FBI [Or CIA if you'll let me] investigator who served nine years with the Marines after graduating from the United States Naval Academy this man is somebody who you'd never want to mess with. Not because he's a trained killer but because he will destroy you without even having to lay a finger on you. Discovering the truth at any cost is his specialty but his focus on combat has gone down quite a bit since his time with the military. That doesn't mean he won't be able to do well against whatever he ends up fighting but staying back to research the problem until he can find a solution, then charging in to spread that "Solution" everywhere is more his style as he is a very careful and precise man. A missing town? Gotta' pay the bills some how.

Sorry I forgot to switch over to this nation but everybody DT is my puppet so you all know.
"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" -George Patton
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Nosy little fucker aren't you?

Hornesia
Senator

Founded: Jul 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:56 pm

Mizrad wrote:
Destinado Tierra wrote:I've got three different ideas for a character:

Sorry I forgot to switch over to this nation but everybody DT is my puppet so you all know.

I got the investigator spot filled (albeit state level), so I'd for one of the first two.
Hobbies:Civil war reenacting, Filmmaking doing stupid things with cars
Music: Hardcore Punk/Metalcore/Post-Hardcore/Screamo/Whatever they're calling loud music with screaming these days
Bands I'm into: Silverstein, Defeater, The Ghost Inside, Expire, Ice Nine Kills, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Amidst The Grave's Demons
Movies/TV: The Dirties, End of Watch, Sicario, Frozen, True Detective, The Fall, Happy Valley
Literature: Kurt Vonnegut, The Kite Runner, Truman Capote, Southern Gothic

Pseudo-redneck half Jew liberal from the deep south.

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:56 pm

You usually do the third option, but I'd actually wish for you to take a leadership role. Perhaps the first option, with your character having served as a Marine infantry officer, prior to recently joining the NCNG. He could be the unlucky joe from the 30th. chosen to lead Searchlight's infantry company.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Mizrad
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrad » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:57 pm

Cylarn wrote:You usually do the third option, but I'd actually wish for you to take a leadership role. Perhaps the first option, with your character having served as a Marine infantry officer, prior to recently joining the NCNG. He could be the unlucky joe from the 30th. chosen to lead Searchlight's infantry company.

No problem, want me to make him loyal and dedicated to his men and the mission but very hesitant upon discovering what he's really going up against?

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Postby Cylarn » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:04 pm

Mizrad wrote:
Cylarn wrote:You usually do the third option, but I'd actually wish for you to take a leadership role. Perhaps the first option, with your character having served as a Marine infantry officer, prior to recently joining the NCNG. He could be the unlucky joe from the 30th. chosen to lead Searchlight's infantry company.

No problem, want me to make him loyal and dedicated to his men and the mission but very hesitant upon discovering what he's really going up against?

Do whatever you want.

Also everyone, I've almost got the IC done. We'll begin at the staging area for the operation, and begin with Colonel Sinclair briefing the troops and civilians. After that, I'll give everyone the chance to interact before we load up into the vehicles.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Mizrad
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrad » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:14 pm

Cylarn wrote:
Mizrad wrote:

Do whatever you want.

Also everyone, I've almost got the IC done. We'll begin at the staging area for the operation, and begin with Colonel Sinclair briefing the troops and civilians. After that, I'll give everyone the chance to interact before we load up into the vehicles.

Well I was going to make him just an enlisted man without having gone to a military college. I can make him an officer but that would mean him either having spent more years active in the military or having gone to a military college you make the call.

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Postby Cylarn » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:20 pm

Mizrad wrote:
Cylarn wrote:
Do whatever you want.

Well I was going to make him just an enlisted man without having gone to a military college. I can make him an officer but that would mean him either having spent more years active in the military or having gone to a military college you make the call.

Naval Academy, 8-10 years in the Corps, and then he had recently joined the Guard.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Mizrad
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrad » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:20 pm

Cylarn wrote:
Mizrad wrote:

Naval Academy, 8-10 years in the Corps, and then he had recently joined the Guard.

Alright I'll put an app up as soon as I can.

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Postby Cylarn » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:48 pm

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Hornesia
Senator

Founded: Jul 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:59 pm

Want me to be driving a suburban?
Hobbies:Civil war reenacting, Filmmaking doing stupid things with cars
Music: Hardcore Punk/Metalcore/Post-Hardcore/Screamo/Whatever they're calling loud music with screaming these days
Bands I'm into: Silverstein, Defeater, The Ghost Inside, Expire, Ice Nine Kills, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Amidst The Grave's Demons
Movies/TV: The Dirties, End of Watch, Sicario, Frozen, True Detective, The Fall, Happy Valley
Literature: Kurt Vonnegut, The Kite Runner, Truman Capote, Southern Gothic

Pseudo-redneck half Jew liberal from the deep south.

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:05 pm

Tagging for a Japanese Minority voiced by Ken Watanabe.

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Postby Cylarn » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:07 pm

Hornesia wrote:Want me to be driving a suburban?

Yup.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:54 pm

Almost finished with that app.

Will finish it around after eight and then I'll post.
Last edited by Jessjohnesik on Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ಠ_ಠ Proud owner of the Mystery Genre RPer award 2014!!
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

Enid Blyton
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Enid Blyton » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:53 am

Finished at last. Let me know if there's anything I need to change. I did alot of research for this as I have zero knowledge with the USMC military system etc... so please forgive me if I made any obvious mistake concerning that particular area.

Name: Jeon "Hannibal" Hae-rim

Appearance (Pictures are preferred, but not required):

Voice (In the past, I have tried out a few RP immersion techniques, and for this attribute, you will select a rather famous individual, movie character, or other whose voice resembles that of your character's. Please include a URL link to the voice, so that we can all hear it and better immerse ourselves): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-ApRiv5RdA

Identifying Traits and/or Features (No human is identical to the other; even clones are different aside from appearances. Here, you can describe certain traits or appearance features that better define your character as being another unique human being. You should list likes and dislikes here as well):
  • A tattoo of the number 12 can be seen engraved on the lower bottom of her breastbone.
  • Has another tattoo of a red dragon running down from her left shoulder blade, covering an ugly bullet wound she received in combat.
  • Her regimental tattoo & motto can be seen imprinted on her left upper arm

• Has a habit of talking/cursing alot to herself when feeling annoyed or stressed out.
  • Over the years she has developed the habit of touching/caressing the '12' tattoo when in deep thought or reminiscing about the past.

• Has a soft spot for caramel sweets

Personality:
For Jeon the Marine Corp meant everything to her. It became like a second family to her and she served and followed it through thick and thin with the pride and devotion benefiting to that of a true "Daughter of America". Unwaveringly loyal & obedient to her superior officers, she is a "no-questions-asked" kind of person and follows given order's to the letter. Nevertheless she is not afraid to show her dis-contempt or her dislike at an unclear or indirect command and while she will still obey them, she will express her annoyance through mumblings, grumblings and semi-loud mutterings. Jeon doesn't mind listening to helpful suggestions and/or logical advice from her junior officers when needed. But she gets easily ticked-off when any low-ranking soldier disrespects or undermines her authority and questions her issued orders. While she talks formally and in a stiff-like way to her superiors, she is able to joke around and speak informally or casually with those under her.

Major Jeon is not afraid to sacrifice her own life to protect one of her own. To her, any soldier under her command are treated as her 'children' and like a mother would do everything in her power to bring them all back home safely if possible. Her charismatic personality, ferocity & unquestionable valour on the battlefield & her incredible prowess in getting herself and others out of many deadly scenarios has made her a distinguished role model among both female and male soldiers as well as earned her the nickname of "Hannibal" among both friends and foes.

Skills (For this section, I want at least a paragraph of material that describes what you are good at. For example, characters with a long military background might have accumulated a plethora of skills during their service. However, be realistic with your character's skills. He/she isn't some sort of super soldier):
As a former Army Human Intelligence Collector and top interrogator in Camp Liberty, Bahgdad, Jeon is feared by terrorists and war criminals alike with her intuitive ability to analyse their body language intricately and know whether they are telling the truth or not. She is also skilled in the art of mental torture and has been known to break a prisoner's mind within the span of 48 hours. During her tours in Iraq, she has been in multiple cross-fires and battles, experiencing near death experiences and severe wounds that strengthened both her resolve and her physique as well as honed her survival skills enabling her to adapt & outlive some of the most impossible situations known to Men. When she went on to the ranks of Captain and Major, Jeon proved that she was a dependable master tactician on several occasions....each time rescuing fellow Marines and allied troops from deadly ambushes, traps, reinforcing/supporting them in time during skirmishes and directing them all to safety both on & off the Red Zone. Even in terrifying & desperate cases, Jeon has this one unique ability of remaining calm & cool & keeping up the morale of her fellow soldiers while at the same time inspiring them to push themselves forward to make it through alive.

Weaknesses (Face it; everyone has at least 2 weaknesses or attributes that degrade them. I expect at least two weaknesses, with one being a major flaw and the other being "minor." For example, a former soldier might suffer from post-traumatic stress as the result of combat, while also being a bit of a control freak. Culture can also play into this, as a character with a heavy Christian background may stereotype those of other faiths and subcultures. Physical weaknesses are also allowed):

• Despite her strong mental resolve and willpower, Jeon can easily break down in the face of extreme losses or the loss of a number of troops under her command. When especially reminded of the "Echo Fade" incident, she can still easily get upset, and while in that state of self-condemnation, she will be quite incoherent and will be unable to think clearly / logically until she calms down.
  • Suffers from minor hallucinatory experiences & panic-anxiety disorder as a result of her past traumatic tours in Iraq and because of them has become an insomniac. She needs to take a daily medication of sleeping pills and antidepressants to make sure she is capable of military service.
  • Due to a severe bullet wound, her left shoulder is slightly more weaker than normal and aches quite alot if moved about consistently.

Birthplace: Jeju City, Jeju Island, South Korea

Nationality: Naturalized American Citizen

Ethnicity: South Korean / Czechoslovakian / American

Religion: Roman Catholic

Affiliation: North Carolina Army National Guard - STARC

Role/Rank: Major

Motivations: Jeon's kid sister was on a vacation with her school friends in Holliman when that particular town went dark. Being assigned to Taskforce Searchlight came as an unlooked for bonus as Jeon's main intention and purpose was to search for her sibling and recover her dead or alive.

Family:
Dad: Lee Hae-rim, Age 58 (DECEASED)
Mom: Natasha Hae-rim, Age 54 (DECEASED)
Fiance: Captain Alder Coleson, Age 28 (KIA)
Younger Sibling: Mikaela Lawson, Age 28 (MISSING)
Niece: Ravenna Lawson, Age 22 (ACTIVE)

Background (Tell us about who you are. 2 paragraph minimum):

Jeon Hae-rim was born on May 13, 1972 in Seoul, S.Korea to Lee Hae-rim and Natasha Hae-rim (formerly Romanov). She was raised in Cherokee County, North Carolina after her parents migrated to the U.S. After high school she accepted an Army ROTC scholarship to the University of Maryland, College Park where upon graduation she was commissioned into the Marine Corp as a second lieutenant. Later on, she was assigned to the 2nd Marine Division as a member of the 1st Battalion, 7th Marines' 78th. It was during that time Jeon first met and fell in-love with then Sgt. Alder Coleson.

She and her battalion saw combat in 2000 when they were deployed in Kosovo & took part in Operation Dynamic Response where she first distinguished herself as a capable soldier & leader. They were later redeployed to Kuwait in 2003 to participate in the Iraq Invasion. In her second tour there, Jeon & Sgt. Coleson were promoted to the ranks of Captain after saving the lives of numerous convoy members when they and their squad came under fire by enemy combatants and helped repel more than two dozen Iraqi insurgents. Jeon's actions that day led her to become the second woman since World War II to earn the Silver Star Medal, the third highest award exclusively for valor in combat. When her battalion was deployed to Fallujah, Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom she assumed command of Echo Company briefly in order to lead them in covert strikes to capture key targets within a hostile city. Information extracted from these small-time insurgent leaders by her enabled the 6th Marines to strategically pacify the entire area with little to no losses. She rose to the rank of Major during her 5th tour there and recieved an Army Commendation Medal at the same time. However, during her battalion's participation in Operation Enduring Freedom, a minor tactical error made by Jeon when she was leading the HSS Company at that time, cost the lives of twelve of her closest comrades-in-arms in Echo Company including her fiance. In memory of the Echo Fade event and of her fallen bethren and lover, she had the insignia 12 tattoed on her chest near the area where the heart is located.

Despite the Department of the Navy praising her battalion for their success in both Iraq & Afghanistan and writing off the Echo Fade incident as one of many of their exceptional "casualties of war" Jeon was heavily traumatised by that event & decided that she had had enough of life as a Marine. Although it broke her heart, she requested a transfer back home. Urged by her Battalion commander though, she reluctantly accepted the Navy Cross from SECNNAV before she left and bid her company a tearful farewell when they all formed out before her to honour her leave. It had almost been a decade since Jeon had been in the States as she had not taken any leave from her military duties for the past 9 years to visit her family.....not even to attend the funeral of her beloved parents who died in a fatal car accident. As a result, she was estranged to her relatives and to her own sister who failed to recognise her when she came home. Without wasting anytime to lament the tragedy of this, Jeon transitioned to the North Carolina National Guard and into HQ STARC where she resumed new military responsibilities befitting that of an officer of her rank and stature.
Last edited by Enid Blyton on Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:57 am, edited 25 times in total.
The name is Enid and yes; I'm an avid fan of Enid Blyton books/novels :D

~ Strong-willed, soul searching 19 year old with a bigger-than-life imagination ~

Clavkova
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Clavkova » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:11 am

Im assuming that I was accepted. It looked like it was for my app, so ill get into IC! HOOAH!

Mnar Secundus
Ambassador

Founded: May 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mnar Secundus » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:06 am

Excuse me, Cylarn, I assume we have at least one minivan-full of research equipment? Like spectrophotometres, and gas analysis equipment, and microscopes, etc.

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:27 am

Mnar Secundus wrote:Excuse me, Cylarn, I assume we have at least one minivan-full of research equipment? Like spectrophotometres, and gas analysis equipment, and microscopes, etc.

Yea.

I'm also assuming that Whateley and Svendsen have some of their own equipment too?
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Postby Cylarn » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:31 am

Enid Blyton wrote:Finished at last. Let me know if there's anything I need to change. I did alot of research for this as I have zero knowledge with the USMC military system etc... so please forgive me if I made any obvious mistake concerning that particular area.

Voice (In the past, I have tried out a few RP immersion techniques, and for this attribute, you will select a rather famous individual, movie character, or other whose voice resembles that of your character's. Please include a URL link to the voice, so that we can all hear it and better immerse ourselves): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-ApRiv5RdA

Identifying Traits and/or Features (No human is identical to the other; even clones are different aside from appearances. Here, you can describe certain traits or appearance features that better define your character as being another unique human being. You should list likes and dislikes here as well):
  • A tattoo of the number 12 can be seen engraved on her right eye, starting from her eyebrow down to her eyebag and covering that entire section of her face.
  • Has another tattoo of a red dragon running down from her left shoulder blade, covering an ugly bullet wound she received in combat.

• Has a habit of talking/cursing alot to herself when feeling annoyed or stressed out.
  • Over the years she has developed the habit of touching/caressing the '12' tattoo when in deep thought or reminiscing about the past.

Personality:
For Jeon the Marine Corp meant everything to her. It became like a second family to her and she served and followed it through thick and thin with the pride and devotion benefiting to that of a true "Daughter of America". Unwaveringly loyal & obedient to her superior officers, she is a "no-questions-asked" kind of person and follows given order's to the letter. Nevertheless she is not afraid to show her dis-contempt or her dislike at an unclear or indirect command and while she will still obey them, she will express her annoyance through mumblings, grumblings and semi-loud mutterings. Jeon doesn't mind listening to helpful suggestions and/or logical advice from her junior officers when needed. But she gets easily ticked-off when any low-ranking soldier disrespects or undermines her authority and questions her issued orders. While she talks formally and in a stiff-like way to her superiors, she is able to joke around and speak informally or casually with those under her.

Major Jeon is not afraid to sacrifice her own life to protect one of her own. To her, any soldier under her command are treated as her 'children' and like a mother would do everything in her power to bring them all back home safely if possible. Her charismatic personality, ferocity & unquestionable valour on the battlefield & her incredible prowess in getting herself and others out of many deadly scenarios has made her a distinguished role model among both female and male soldiers as well as earned her the nickname of "Hannibal" among both friends and foes.

Skills (For this section, I want at least a paragraph of material that describes what you are good at. For example, characters with a long military background might have accumulated a plethora of skills during their service. However, be realistic with your character's skills. He/she isn't some sort of super soldier):
As a former Army Human Intelligence Collector and top interrogator in Camp Liberty, Bahgdad, Jeon is feared by terrorists and war criminals alike with her intuitive ability to analyse their body language intricately and know whether they are telling the truth or not. She is also skilled in the art of mental torture and has been known to break a prisoner's mind within the span of 48 hours. During her tours in Iraq, she has been in multiple cross-fires and battles, experiencing near death experiences and severe wounds that strengthened both her resolve and her physique as well as honed her survival skills enabling her to adapt & outlive some of the most impossible situations known to Men. When she went on to the ranks of Captain and Major, Jeon proved that she was a dependable master tactician on several occasions....each time rescuing fellow Marines and allied troops from deadly ambushes, traps, reinforcing/supporting them in time during skirmishes and directing them all to safety both on & off the Red Zone. Even in terrifying & desperate cases, Jeon has this one unique ability of remaining calm & cool & keeping up the morale of her fellow soldiers while at the same time inspiring them to push themselves forward to make it through alive.

Weaknesses (Face it; everyone has at least 2 weaknesses or attributes that degrade them. I expect at least two weaknesses, with one being a major flaw and the other being "minor." For example, a former soldier might suffer from post-traumatic stress as the result of combat, while also being a bit of a control freak. Culture can also play into this, as a character with a heavy Christian background may stereotype those of other faiths and subcultures. Physical weaknesses are also allowed):

• Despite her strong mental resolve and willpower, Jeon can easily break down in the face of extreme losses or the loss of a number of troops under her command. When especially reminded of the "Echo Fade" incident, she can still easily get upset, and while in that state of self-condemnation, she will be quite incoherent and will be unable to think clearly / logically until she calms down.
  • Suffers from minor hallucinatory experiences & panic-anxiety disorder as a result of her past traumatic tours in Iraq and because of them has become an insomniac. She needs to take a daily medication of sleeping pills and antidepressants to make sure she is capable of military service.
  • Due to a severe bullet wound, her left shoulder is slightly more weaker than normal and aches quite alot if moved about consistently.

Motivations: Jeon's kid sister was on a vacation with her school friends in Holliman when that particular town went dark. Being assigned to Taskforce Searchlight came as an unlooked for bonus as Jeon's main intention and purpose was to search for her sibling and recover her dead or alive.

Family:

Jeon Hae-rim was born on May 13, 1972 in Seoul, S.Korea to Lee Hae-rim and Natasha Hae-rim (formerly Romanov). She was raised in Cherokee County, North Carolina after her parents migrated to the U.S and graduated with a B.A in Criminology and Criminal Justice from the University of Maryland, College Park. After finishing her studies, she enlisted into the U.S Army where she she was commissioned a warrant officer in the Marine Corp later on & assigned to the 2nd Marine Division as a member of the 1st Battalion, 7th Marines' 78th. It was during that time she first met and fell in-love with then Sgt. Alder Coleson.

She and her battalion saw combat in 2000 when they were deployed in Kosovo & took part in Operation Dynamic Response where she first distinguished herself as a capable soldier & leader. They were later redeployed to Kuwait in 2003 to participate in the Iraq Invasion. In her second tour there, Jeon & Sgt. Coleson were promoted to the ranks of Captain after saving the lives of numerous convoy members when they and their squad came under fire by enemy combatants and helped repel more than two dozen Iraqi insurgents. Jeon's actions that day led her to become the second woman since World War II to earn the Silver Star Medal, the third highest award exclusively for valor in combat. When her battalion was deployed to Fallujah, Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom she assumed command of Echo Company briefly in order to lead them in covert strikes to capture key targets within a hostile city. Information extracted from these small-time insurgent leaders by her enabled the 6th Marines to strategically pacify the entire area with little to no losses. She rose to the rank of Major during her 5th tour there and recieved an Army Commendation Medal at the same time. However, during her battalion's participation in Operation Enduring Freedom, a minor tactical error made by Jeon when she was leading the HSS Company at that time, cost the lives of twelve of her closest comrades-in-arms in Echo Company including her fiance. In memory of the Echo Fade event and of her fallen bethren and lover, she had the insignia 12 tattoed all over her left eye.

Despite the Department of the Navy praising her battalion for their success in both Iraq & Afghanistan and writing off the Echo Fade incident as one of many of their exceptional "casualties of war" Jeon was heavily traumatised by that event & decided that she had had enough of life as a Marine. Although it broke her heart, she requested a transfer back home. Urged by her Battalion commander though, she reluctantly accepted the Navy Cross from SECNNAV before she left and bid her company a tearful farewell when they all formed out before her to honour her leave. It had almost been a decade since Jeon had been in the States as she had not taken any leave from her military duties for the past 9 years to visit her family.....not even to attend the funeral of her beloved parents who died in a fatal car accident. As a result, she was estranged to her relatives and to her own sister who failed to recognise her when she came home. Without wasting anytime to lament the tragedy of this, Jeon transitioned to the North Carolina National Guard and into HQ STARC where she resumed new military responsibilities befitting that of an officer of her rank and stature.

I'm no boner for the rules, but she wouldn't be allowed to get a tattoo on her eye, courtesy of AR 670-1. Also, the Marines and Army are two different branches of the armed forces, and if she enlisted, she'd have to go through OCS at some point instead of being promoted to Captain from Sergeant. Army/Marine ROTC through college is another option, and she would be commissioned as a Second Lieutenant. The Silver Star stuff is questionable, however I will extend some liberty and allow it.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Postby Cylarn » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:32 am

Mnar Secundus wrote:Excuse me, Cylarn, I assume we have at least one minivan-full of research equipment? Like spectrophotometres, and gas analysis equipment, and microscopes, etc.

Shure.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:56 am

Finished second app.

Post will be up in the next hour.
Political Graph

Enid Blyton
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Enid Blyton » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:58 am

Cylarn wrote:
Enid Blyton wrote:Finished at last. Let me know if there's anything I need to change. I did alot of research for this as I have zero knowledge with the USMC military system etc... so please forgive me if I made any obvious mistake concerning that particular area.

• A tattoo of the number 12 can be seen engraved on her right eye, starting from her eyebrow down to her eyebag and covering that entire section of her face.

Personality:

Family:

Jeon Hae-rim was born on May 13, 1972 in Seoul, S.Korea to Lee Hae-rim and Natasha Hae-rim (formerly Romanov). She was raised in Cherokee County, North Carolina after her parents migrated to the U.S and graduated with a B.A in Criminology and Criminal Justice from the University of Maryland, College Park. After finishing her studies, she enlisted into the U.S Army where she she was commissioned a warrant officer in the Marine Corp later on & assigned to the 2nd Marine Division as a member of the 1st Battalion, 7th Marines' 78th. It was during that time she first met and fell in-love with then Sgt. Alder Coleson.

She and her battalion saw combat in 2000 when they were deployed in Kosovo & took part in Operation Dynamic Response where she first distinguished herself as a capable soldier & leader. They were later redeployed to Kuwait in 2003 to participate in the Iraq Invasion. In her second tour there, Jeon & Sgt. Coleson were promoted to the ranks of Captain after saving the lives of numerous convoy members when they and their squad came under fire by enemy combatants and helped repel more than two dozen Iraqi insurgents. Jeon's actions that day led her to become the second woman since World War II to earn the Silver Star Medal, the third highest award exclusively for valor in combat. When her battalion was deployed to Fallujah, Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom she assumed command of Echo Company briefly in order to lead them in covert strikes to capture key targets within a hostile city. Information extracted from these small-time insurgent leaders by her enabled the 6th Marines to strategically pacify the entire area with little to no losses. She rose to the rank of Major during her 5th tour there and recieved an Army Commendation Medal at the same time. However, during her battalion's participation in Operation Enduring Freedom, a minor tactical error made by Jeon when she was leading the HSS Company at that time, cost the lives of twelve of her closest comrades-in-arms in Echo Company including her fiance. In memory of the Echo Fade event and of her fallen bethren and lover, she had the insignia 12 tattoed all over her left eye.

I'm no boner for the rules, but she wouldn't be allowed to get a tattoo on her eye, courtesy of AR 670-1. Also, the Marines and Army are two different branches of the armed forces, and if she enlisted, she'd have to go through OCS at some point instead of being promoted to Captain from Sergeant. Army/Marine ROTC through college is another option, and she would be commissioned as a Second Lieutenant. The Silver Star stuff is questionable, however I will extend some liberty and allow it.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've made the necessary changes in my application. I hope its alright now but if its still alittle off then just point it out to me and I'll edit it again :)
The name is Enid and yes; I'm an avid fan of Enid Blyton books/novels :D

~ Strong-willed, soul searching 19 year old with a bigger-than-life imagination ~

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:17 am

Am I accepted?

Also could you put the IC in the OP please.
Last edited by Jessjohnesik on Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Political Graph

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Postby Cylarn » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:39 am

Jessjohnesik wrote:Am I accepted?

Also could you put the IC in the OP please.

Quote it.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:58 am

Sorry. Here it is

Jessjohnesik wrote:Name: Ingrid Van Houten

Appearance (Pictures are preferred, but not required): (Image)

Voice (In the past, I have tried out a few RP immersion techniques, and for this attribute, you will select a rather famous individual, movie character, or other whose voice resembles that of your character's. Please include a URL link to the voice, so that we can all hear it and better immerse ourselves): Ruta Gedmintas http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu3aYg3y9O0

Identifying Traits and/or Features (No human is identical to the other; even clones are different aside from appearances. Here, you can describe certain traits or appearance features that better define your character as being another unique human being. You should list likes and dislikes here as well): Ingrid's accent could be considered unique, other than that her movements which occasionally mimic some aspects of her personality.

Personality: Ingrid is saucy, bold, audacious and insolent. She prefers not to keep her opinion unheard and is slightly foul mouthed. However knowing when exactly to shut up. She cannot be forced to do something she doesn't want to, being quite stubborn. Ingrid is rather selfish and usually in it for profit or necessity, usually the former. She will do anything to accomplish her own goals and may occasionally take a cold, neutral stance which may be considered shocking to some people. She is practical and is a brilliant liar. Ingrid is somewhat vulgar, usually in socialisation. She may appear as a rather humorous and somewhat likeable character, but this may or mayn't be the case as she is very deceiving. The characterisation given depending on the aspect of her personality and point of view. While not a genius scientist, Ingrid is, indeed, far from stupid. Ingrid has massive experience in difficult situations and usually takes her own survival as the main priority, besides whatever filmed material there is worth risking ones life for. Her actions are mostly sensible and levelled due to experience among other things but impulsive and risky decisions, which she more oftenly than others takes, may doom her, teach her a lesson or give a good outcome. The former has happened before, and can happen again even with Ingrid's self educating character. Ingrid doesn't get easily scared or disgusted, or distraught for that matter, however giving her a narrow amount of options in an extreme situation will trouble her. Ingrid can be considered brave and is seemingly obedient, the latter of which is, again, deceiving and false. Despite the seemingly impulsive aspects, Ingrid can be extremely patient and calm in dangerous situations. She is faithful to her fiancée and considers friends and family important.

Skills (For this section, I want at least a paragraph of material that describes what you are good at. For example, characters with a long military background might have accumulated a plethora of skills during their service. However, be realistic with your character's skills. He/she isn't some sort of super soldier): Ingrid is very athletic, besides being tall. She is quite agile and knows what to do in hard situations. She has expertise journalism skills and experience. Very good with technology and computers.

Weaknesses (Face it; everyone has at least 2 weaknesses or attributes that degrade them. I expect at least two weaknesses, with one being a major flaw and the other being "minor." For example, a former soldier might suffer from post-traumatic stress as the result of combat, while also being a bit of a control freak. Culture can also play into this, as a character with a heavy Christian background may stereotype those of other faiths and subcultures. Physical weaknesses are also allowed): Ingrid is selfish and impulsive, resulting in risky decisions. She is obsessed with getting the material she needs, leading to decisions and actions that are undesirable. Her personality aspects may distract her and others, while also lessening her ability to properly relate to her surroundings and understand that, for example, someone is following her. This happens whenever she is too concentrated in her job, otherwise having learnt to be observant.

Birthplace: Amsterdam, the Netherlands

Nationality: Dutch

Ethnicity: Northern European Europeoid/Caucasoid

Religion: Irreligious

Affiliation: Euronews

Role/Rank (Every organization has its members classified by some rank or seniority, and/or by specialty.): Camerawoman of Euronews

Motivations: Job and personal interest/curiosity

Family (This is an optional area, but you may list any significant others, such as spouses, children, etc.): Mother- Herta Van Houten, Father(deceased), Older Brother- Michael Van Houten, Niece- Carice Van Houten, Fiancée- Mark Tormund

Background (Tell us about who you are. 2 paragraph minimum): Ingrid was born into the typical middle class Dutch family. Growing up, Ingrid was considered a rather naughty and overly energetic child, somewhat troubling for her parents, considering their olde child and Ingrid's older brother was just as hard to control. Nevertheless, Ingrid showed modest success at school, however finding most subjects rather dull and boring, yet never underestimating their importance and material potential. Money was important to Ingrid, so she had to choose an active job that'd suite her and pay well. So she chose journalism, studying at(and eventually getting a masters degree) University of Amsterdam. After finishing studying, Ingrid failed to find a job suiting her education. So for about a year she indulged in the world of high technology, becoming unexpectedly and extremely good at computing(and hacking). After being nearly put to jail for breaking in to a 'very important and highly secure government website' and downing the entire Internet connection over the Netherlands, Ingrid decided hacking was too risky and chose an even more dangerous job, the job she was supposed to do in the first place.

Ingrid was accepted into Euronews with open arms, though some caution due to her edgy history. She became first a journalist, then a camerawoman(mainly due to constant swearing and inability to properly address the audience), filming in such locations no one else would date step in. Be it in the heart of battle or on an isolated island with humanity unloving uncivilised tribes(she was actually severely injured in the trip, an arrow being sent through her thigh as she and the rest were barely sailing away from the beach). Now she had another job to do, a very interesting one. Due to the exclusivity of going with the military, Euronews joined up with an American news agency to film, Ingrid's 'colleague' intriguing her just as much as a disappearance of a whole town.
Political Graph

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse