NATION

PASSWORD

Game of Thrones: A New Dawn (OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rather Polite Gentlemen
Attaché

Founded: May 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rather Polite Gentlemen » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:01 pm

Tag, I'm planning on joining in the Riverlands.

Fluvique
Envoy

Founded: Jun 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Fluvique » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:20 pm

Tag, reserve House Hightower
Official name: The Kingdom of Fluvique
Capital:Mevosa
Official languages: English, Spanish and French
Population: 37.403.952
GDP (PPP): $1.277 Trillion
World Cup: Qualified for Word Cup 76
Semifinalist: Games of the XI Olympiad, Cup of Harmony 66.
TheRFA.com.fq
Olympics: 10G14S22B.
Men's volleyball and Men's Field Hockey olympic champions.

"And on the sixth day, God created the parallel heaven. He called it 'Fluvique'."
-The Bible on God.
Political Compass

Rather Polite Gentlemen
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Rather Polite Gentlemen » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:03 pm

Name of House: Mallister
House Banner: Image
General Description of House:
Head of House: Mathos "Madeagle" Mallister. Of one and forty, Mathos is the current head of house Mallister. A large and imposing man, Mathos grew up as a squire and hostage of Lord Connington, an arrangement demanded by the previous Storm King as a consequence of a previous uprising triggered by Mathos' grandfather. Life under Lord Connington was cruel and harsh for Mathos, a once soft boy with a keen interest in theology and history molded into a fierce and fiery lord in his own right. Due in one part to his experiences serving a Stormlander and another to serving them as the lord of a vast swath of land in a breadbasket of Westeros, Mathos once swore to break the Trident free of the Stormland yoke, and establish his homeland as a kingdom in its own right.

Famed for his outbursts, general rashness and troublesome antics when imbibed with the right amount of drink, Lord Frey gave him the epithet "the Madeagle", following a gathering beneath the Twins, where he beat a servant whom had spilled wine on his leg of lamb to death immediately. Squiring to Lord Connington during his childhood, Ser Mathos finally became a knight after seeing off all other competitors at the tourney of Storm's End, a competition wherein he met his wife.

Notable Figures of House: Roslin Mallister, née Piper. Of eight and thirty, she is wife to Ser Mathos and lady of Seagard. Roslin lived a life of luxury and safety at Pinkmaiden, the primary seat and castle of the Pipers. Roslin suffered through many suitors and noblemen clamouring to claim her maidenhead for their own, a small number boasting lands to their name or due to them in the near future. Of these suitors, Roslin measured many and rejected them all, with much assistance and opinion from her father, Lord Piper. In truth, Roslin desired a gallant and passionate knight to sweep her off of her feet, while Lord Piper desired a suitable ally to defend against potential threats from all sides.

Both Pipers found this man at the tourney of Storm's End. As the Madeagle quickly swept his competitors away to claim victory for house Mallister, Roslin marveled, while Ser Mathos shrewdly used his skills in combat to show himself off to the renowned beauty of Pinkmaiden. After weeks of fighting, when all was said and done, Mathos named Roslin his queen of love and beauty, and offered a portion of his winnings to Lord Piper as a token of marriage, as well as an offer of alliance. No less than two weeks after Madeagle's victory, Mathos and Roslin were wed in a lavish ceremony at Seagard, securing friendship between houses Piper and Mallister, as well as a staunch alliance.

Roslin grew up admiring the skills and trade of Pinkmaiden's many diplomats, as well as the practice of its master of law, wherein Roslin witnessed many criminals and rebels consigned to fates such as death, mutilation and banishment to the Wall. As a female, and groomed to be future lady of another great house, Roslin was encouraged and taught in the art of diplomacy and diligence, and shone at soothing the tempers of many traders, knights and septons that Pinkmaiden and Seagard encountered. In time, she met her greatest challenge; Ser Mathos Madeagle. As she took residence in a foreign castle, the crazed nature of her husband demanded that she become an informal diplomat to house Mallister. She soothed many an angry temper of her husband, helping to smooth over countless acts of diplomacy in the name of Seagard. Indeed, many think of Roslin to be the caution tempering Mathos' courage.

Benedict Mallister. Of three and twenty, Ser Benedict is the eldest son of Lord Mathos, and heir to Seagard. Raised in the safe, yet harsh lands of his father, Benedict received a more wholesome upbringing than Mathos received, and squired to his father in a more gallant Riverlander fashion. Born a year after the tourney of Storm's End, Benedict's name day came sooner than most boys, this event occurring as a minor act of subtle rebellion by Madeagle. Determined to break free from the Stormlands and declare himself as River King in his own right, Mathos gave his son a name that two historic kings of the Trident had been given on their own days, the great Justman's of Riverland past.

Upon reaching his majority, Benedict filled the role of Seagard's commander of troops, a leadership role that Benedict took a keen interest in ever since becoming a squire. While inheriting much of the passion for battle from his father, his personal nature and skills are blunted by the nature of his mother, and the knowledge that he will one day take the reins of Seagard from his father. Due to this influence as well as the duties of a squire, Benedict shows some skill in treating with allies and enemies alike, dressing in finery to some events and in armor to others when required. Unmarried, the knight has been looking for a suitable lady from a notable house to take as his future wife. Benedict wields a bastard sword, while his father wields a monstrous two-handed axe.

Eleyne Mallister. Of one and twenty, she is Mathos' only daughter. Eleyne has shown herself to be of unpredictable personality; at morn, she may be in high spirits and of pleasant personality, but by noon, she may be dour and listless, or even crazed and unapproachable. Due to this, she is often referred to as the "Wildeagle", albeit as hushed whispers in courtly circles. No one can deny that she is not her father's daughter, nor can they do so in reference to her mother, as she has inherited much of her nature from the former and looks from the latter. Refusing to tie herself down to one skill or practice, Eleyne enjoys hunting, dancing, numbers and diplomacy, though is only barely proficient in all. Perhaps due to this, she has not been wed to any lord quite yet, though she is quite willing.

Erron Mallister. Of nine and ten, He is Mathos' second son. Truely a passionate lad, Erron has dedicated himself to two hobbies; women and the sea. With Seagard's position as the Riverland's and by extension, the Stormland's primary protector of the Sunset Sea mixed with the freedom of a lord's spare to his brother's heir, Ser Erron has used his position as a squire to hone his mastery of battle upon ship over land. Begging his father to allow him to squire with the Madeagle's master of ships, Ser Manfryd Charton, Erron grew up under the tutelage of a great admiral, adopting much of his nature from this man, including a strong taste for women. A source of much controversy, Erron has claimed to have sired many bastards already, two of which he has acknowledged, coming from two noblewomen. Rather than exile him to Essos or the Wall, Mathos reportedly roared with laughter upon hearing of his first bastard grandson, slapping the proud Ser Erron on the back. He is unwilling to marry, preferring the idea of wenching for the rest of his life and dying upon sea or sword. Rounding out his nature, Erron wields two hand axes and light armour, for lightning fast combat upon ship or on land.

Owen Mallister. Of six and ten, he is the youngest of the Mallister brood, and softest by far in personality. Growing up content in the knowledge that as third son, he is highly unlikely to inherit any lands at all, Owen's interests lie elsewhere. The young lad has shown a great passion in the history of Westeros and Essos alike, with a primary interest in the nature of Valyrian customs, creatures and creations, of the language, the dragons and the renowned swords of the Freehold. In fact, upon news reaching Seagard of Valyria's fiery demise, Owen reportedly retired to his room for a week, receiving only supper and the occasional handmaiden.

Owen can often be found in Seagard's impressive library, melting into the various stacks of books and scrolls to learn further of his preferred subjects, or the storied history of the First Men and the Andals that came after. This library had been a gift to him come majority, by none other than the Madeagle himself. Something only his wife could understand fully, Mathos saw much of his former self in Owen, the child he had the potential and wish to become, before cruelly being stolen away to Griffin's Roost. Lord Mallister strove to kindle and encourage Owen's own passion and nature at an early age.

Ser Manfryd Terrick. Of seven and thirty, he serves Ser Mathos as his head admiral and personal confidante. Brother to Lord Terrick, the head of a noble house sworn to the Mallisters, He had been brought up upon the sea much the same has he has done so with his former squire, Erron Mallister. Manfryd had been fostered at Seagard as a squire boy himself, giving him much chance to practice the art of naval warfare and much chance to bed as many smallfolk as he could.

A maverick in his field, Manfryd was knighted after dispatching a couple of minor reavers, attempting to plunder villages nearby Seagard, as soon as he stepped off of the boat. However, Manfryd did not spend all of his time at Seagard, setting off to form his own sellsail company across the Narrow Sea once having mustered enough of a fortune. Growing rich in his own right from this venture, Ser Terrick covered himself in glory and a great number of women, until a fateful day attempting to fight a mighty Braavosi fleet. His ships were dispatched in short order, along with most of his riches. Losing his fleet save his own flagship, Manfryd sailed back to Seagard in shame, and drowned himself in wine until being given the position of high admiral to Lord Mathos. In thanks for this prestigious role, he pledged his flagship to the Mallister fleet and renamed it as Seabird. He holds no lands, no spouse and not much gold.

History of House: House Seagard has a storied history, stretching back to the reign of House Greyiron over the Ironborn to the west, where the Mallisters conquered the Cape of Eagles from them. The Mallisters have always been a great and powerful house with the Riverlands, boasting the largest fleet of all the Trident lords, as well its primary protector against threats from the Sunset Sea. In the last century, This prestige has waned to an extent, due to the actions of Madeagle's grandfather, Petyr Mallister. Petyr roused many river lords to his side, and styled himself River King Petyr I. Brave as he was, his glorious reign was cut short by the Storm King, being defeated and killed at Duskendale. His son bent the knee to the king immediately, having seen his father and brother both slain in the conflict and his daughter being raped and murdered in the chaos of retreat in the aftermath of battle. To this end, he willingly gave up his last remaining child for hostage, in exchange for peace and no significant loss of land. Mathos Mallister took the reigns of Seagard many a year ago, with a great ambition to soar above the yoke of the Stormlands, and claim his own river kingdom.

Culture, Customs, and Skills of House: House Mallister is similar in customs and traditions to most Andal houses in Westeros, save for their preference of naval warfare over land and their position as a primary source of income in the west. Due to this, the Mallisters enjoy a strong fleet and a weak army, albeit with a great knowledge of local terrain.
Ancestral Estate: Seagard
Population: Roughly 200,000 in our lordship, 2,500,000 in the Riverlands proper.
Cities: N/A, a bunch of scattered towns and villages without names
Race Composition: Riverlanders, of Andal stock. Soldiers of the Riverlands and the Trident, the people have had to contend with the lack of natural barriers from other regions of Westeros for many thousands of years. A prosperous and numerous people, the lands in which they dwell are considered a breadbasket for northern Westeros, leaving the various kingdoms around it with a great interest in conquest.

Military:
Citadels and Fortresses: Seagard
Army: 2000 sworn bannermen
Navy: 55 ships

OOC Info:
Nation Name: Rather Polite Gentlemen
RP Examples: Not much experience on Nationstates, other than a few RP's a couple years ago. Here's an excerpt from a space-themed RP from another forum. This entry also serves as an example I guess.

Arthur slowly rose. He rubbed his throbbing head, moaning as he mustered enough energy to roll onto his side.

"Ugh... Wh-where... where am I...?" He blearily wondered. As he attempted to roll onto his back, Arthur lost his balance, falling off of a table he soon realized that he had passed out on.

Arthur attempted to scratch his chin. As he touched his face, it felt... wet and slimy. Arthur felt around the substance on him, eventually finding the edges and peeling it off. It was... a slice of ham.

The room slowly came into focus. He observed a number of serving trays beside him, a sink full of knifes, forks and spoons, along with a couple of large cooking vats, boiling away. Arthur's assumption that he had been abducted and had his kidney's stolen proved false; the head of science had broken into one of the canteen's storerooms during his drunken rampage. Feeling extremely hungover, Arthur promptly ate the piece of ham that had attached itself to him, and made his way out of the cafeteria before anyone realized that it was him who had created the mess.

Arthur rubbed his forehead and sighed. Thankfully, it seemed that the head of science did not stumble into and wreck his room in his drunken rampage last evening, though he did ruin the toilets when he shamefully stumbled back. As he groaned, a message came through from Varn, querying Arthur about the truth serum they had discussed during Viper's unfortunate accident with the member of the Crimson Sun. He slowly typed a message back.

Hello Varn,

To be frightfully honest, I had never quite outlined the complete formula for the serum we discussed, given the dreadful events that came after this plan of action that put the pressing need for a truth tonic on hold. During my few experiments however, I believe that I have created a truth serum effective enough to eke out some information from whatever quarry you've captured. I was... quite busy yesterday, so I might need someone to fill me in on recent events.

I'll bring it down to the brig. Meet me there.

Dr Beasley

Arthur finished off the message and sent it quickly. Before gathering up the required materials and hurrying down to the brig, he flicked through his communicator and noticed some... strange communication, from last night. Two messages stuck out to him; some communication with an old pen pal by the name of Klepty regarding trade on the black market, and a message in his outbox to Yanim, long since deleted for some particular reason during the night.

What the hell had Arthur been doing last night?

Arthur stepped forward, as Varn apologized for his lateness. He grumbled, and replied.

"Oh, no problem. If I seem annoyed in any way, it's probably because I currently have quite the hangover." Arthur said, rubbing his head and groaning once more. He handed over the serum to Varn.

"Here you are. If you don't mind, I'd like to stay here and watch these ensuing events unfold. I have my own uses for a truth serum, and I intend to refine the recipe depending on how it works concerning your prisoner."

"I must also beg the question; who is this fellow? Another assassin? I'd suggest you have him stripped fully nude in this case, or at least given a physical exam before we begin. I'm not interested at all in seeing another fellow explode over our ship, I'm sure you are the same." Arthur explained to Varn. His voice became cold, as he suggested something else.

"In the likely circumstance that we get no information out of our prisoner, I would suggest torture, as we have discussed before. I suggest this in the most pragmatic of senses; as we've found, prisoners and enemies to this ship have always been extremely dangerous if not completely deadly, and information to pull us out of the darkness regarding our situation would be of great pleasure to me. To say the least... having a captain that is pedantic and mostly useless does not help us one bit."

Arthur clasped his hands together.

"Wonderful. I think I'll dedicate my time to producing this serum even further, and making it even more effective and long-lasting." He gladly told Varn. When the merc told him about the meeting, the scientist winced.

"Mhmm... I guess I will, given my position on-board the ship. My head is still pounding, so I'll probably be somewhere around the back. If we're departing now, lead on."
Last edited by Rather Polite Gentlemen on Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valorono
Minister

Founded: Sep 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Valorono » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:27 pm

Tag, Reserving House Stark
Last edited by Valorono on Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon."-Napoleon Bonaparte
"For Gold, Glory, and Gospel"
Long live Byzantium
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgiTB2NFvAM
Hey There! Nice to meet you, I'm just your average god fearing guy, politically moderate, history buff, Athlete, Nerd, Poet, a
I'm a 17 year old , Irish-German New Yorker, Don't worry ladies I'm single

Phalnia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phalnia » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:13 pm

Name of House: Lannister of Casterly Rock
General Description of House: House Lannister traces their line back to Lann the Clever who tricked the former Casterlys out of their rock and became the founder of the Great House. Within a generation they had founded Lannisport and taken vassals, becoming the Kings of the Rock. Casterly Rock sits on the greatest gold mine ever known and after centuries it still has untold wealth to be mined. The Lannister pockets run deep and the words of their house are often mistaken to be: "A Lannister always pays his debts."
Head of House: Tyland Lannister, King of the Rock, Lord of Casterly Rock, forty. King Tyland is a thin man, but it would be a mistake to think him weak. His sword arm is strong and plate weighs lightly on his shoulders. Tyland is a shrewd an reserved man revealing very little of what he is thinking. He holds the loyalty of his lords through fair ruling and generosity to those who are loyal. As a boy Tyland was raised in the great Casterly Rock. From a young age he knew his power within the halls and wanted for nothing. He was well known to be highly promiscuous and the number golden haired servants in the castle has risen.

Tyland was knighted by his uncle following his victory in a tourney at Lannisport. As a young man his father gave the prince command of a number of knights. They traveled the Westerlands running off bandits and securing roads and mines from raiders. In his first-and-twentieth year Tyland was wed to the eldest daughter of Lord Reyne of Castamere. It was twelve years ago that Prince Tyland succeeded his father, following the death of latter from an infected hunting wound. His rule has proved just and fair and the Westerlands prosper. He wields the Valyrian steel greatsword Brightroar.
Notable Figures of House:
Ryella Reyne, nee Reyne, Queen of the Rock, Lady of Casterly Rock, eight-and-thirty. Queen Ryella is a beauty even as her age progresses. She was the first daughter and eldest child of Lord Reyne of Castamere. She spent her youth in that great keep of Castamere lavished with fine silks and lovely jewels. She marveled at these things to the great delight of her father, but like many maidens she desired adventure and excitement.

This need was partially satisfied at a tourney in Lannisport. Her father had brought her along to see the greatest knights in the kingdom test their skill at arms. Ryella swooned over the gallant knights as their horses crossed jousting lanes and sword met shield in the grand melee. Though above all she desired the crown prince, Ser Tyland. When the golden-haired knight had bested the last man in the joust she imagined him naming her as the queen of love and beauty. Though he rode past her and crowned a fair woman from Hornvale.

Ryella expected this to be the end of it and resigned herself to being married off to another. But, a twist of fate would change that fate. Three years after the Tourney at Lannisport a bloodied and deathly weak Tyland was brought to Castamere. He and his companions had been tracking bandits in the nearby hills when they were attacked. Tyland had been injured in the battle, having taken a hammer to the chest.

The maester proclaimed his fate rested in the hands of the gods and no concoction could make a difference. Ryella tended to the man as he lingered on. Eventually, he recovered and fell in love with his caretaker. Within a week Tyland was fit to ride and whisked Ryella away to Casterly Rock to be his bride. Since then she has given King Tyland several children and is a welcome counselor.

Lancel Lannister, Crown Prince of the Rock, ser, nine-and-ten. Prince Lancel is a powerfully built man and stands a head taller than most. His hair is like spun gold and his eyes an emerald green. As a youth he often traveled the hills and roads of the Westerlands. On one such journey he and his horse were attacked by a lion. The great cat ripped out the throat of the horse and sent Lancel tumbling to ground. The lion chased the young prince into the brush to the side of the road.

Several hours later a passing patrol of knights found the young man walking back towards Casterly Rock. In his hand he clutched the hide of a lion and was covered in blood. They returned him to Casterly were his father nearly brought down the great rock with his screams and cursing. However, that same day Tyland knighted his son for the feat and dubbed him the "Young Lion". He has since taken a major role in the Westerlands as commander of a company of the greatest knights in the kingdom.

Loreon Lannister, Prince of the Rock, ser, six-and-ten. Loreon Lannister is considered a pale shadow of his elder brother. This and the great beauty of his twin sister often leaves Loreon feeling overlooked. Despite this he is a capable warrior as any man, though he lacks a defining battle to cement his reputation. As a boy he was squired by Lord Crakehall. There the pious lord passed on a deep and profound love for the Seven and a reverence for their laws and tenets.

He has just returned to Casterly Rock after being knighted by Lord Crakehall, following years of service. He spends a great amount of his time in Casterly's sept speaking with the septon and quietly praying. He counsels his father to remember the laws of gods in his ruling of the realm. He is older than Janei by a matter of minutes.

Janei Lannister, Princess of the Rock, six-and-ten. Princess Janei is widely considered the greatest beauty in the Westerlands. Her hair is as bright as the midday sun and her eyes like deep green pools. Many a knight have sought her favor and lords her hand. She has refused them all, to her father's distress. She studies the proper practices of a royal lady. She sings, dances, plays the harp and embroiders. She is closest with her twin brother Loreon and was ecstatic at his return, though his focus on the faith has left her to seek friendship elsewhere.

Tommen Lannister, Prince of the Rock, two-and-ten. Tommen Lannister is the youngest and final child of King Tyland and Queen Ryella. The maester proclaimed this birth would be twins as Loreon and Janei had been. However, Ryella insisted it felt different than before. The maester assured her that everything would be well. When the birth finally came Ryella was proven right. Tommen's twin, a girl, had been strangled in the womb by her own cord. Ryella was distraught. She sent away the maester, midwives, and her husband. For a week she locked herself in a tower at Casterly with the twins, taking only the occasional meal. After a week she emerged Tommen and the stillborn Tya in her arms. The girl was laid to rest in the Hall of Heroes and Tommen was kept at his mothers side.

Tommen grew into a fit lad, though the knowledge of his twin's death lays heavy on his heart. Despite his health Tommen is kept close to his mother, who refuses to put the boy at risk. It was only after much convincing that Ryella allowed the boy to be taught to ride. And even though he carries a sword he can wield it about as well as a farmhands daughter. His mother refuses any attempts to allow the boy to be fostered.

Tybolt Lannister, Prince of the Rock, Ser, eight-and-thirty. Tybolt is the younger brother of Tyland Lannister. Where his brother was raised to be a king Tybolt was free to pursue his own interests with little interference from his father. Tybolt took to the sword like a fish to water. Despite his position as a younger brother Tybolt was knighted before his brother. He earned his spurs after fighting as a mystery knight in a tourney at Hornvale.

Like his brother Tybolt was given command of a company of knights. However, Tybolt's troops were regarded as terror. Where other men would return with prisoners, Tybolt brought bodies. This earned him a sinister reputation and the nickname "Dread Lion". With the death of his father Prince Tybolt was made commander of the forces of the Kingdom of the Rock.

Tybolt has never taken a wife and has no intention to. Though he does recognize one bastard as his own, Cerion Hill.

Cerion Hill, seven-and-ten. Cerion Hill is the bastard son of Tybolt Lannister and a barmaid. Cerion was first brought to Tybolt at five years old. His mother had perished of a chill and the boy was orphaned. Tybolt took the boy in at the behest of his father and brother, they thought the boy might be able to calm the Dread Lion.

In time the boy grew on Tybolt. Cerion's natural skill with sword and spear impressed Tybolt who took hi under his tutelage. Cerion grew into a fine warrior, if a brutal one. He currently rides with a group of lowborn warriors who patrol the searoad.

Family Tree
History of House: House Lannister began with a traveler in the Age of Heroes. Some say he was the bastard grandson of Garth Greenhand. Others that he posed as one of his sons and made of with a share of his treasure. Regardless, the man came upon Casterly Rock and its lords the Casterlys. Here the stories differ again. It is said he crept into the castle, whispering in the inhabitants ears as they slept, stealing their treasure and convincing them their castle was haunted. Others claim he filled the rock with pests driving them out or feeding them to lions. And still others claim he crept in and had his way with the maidens of the castle, producing a brood of children with the finest hair of gold.

No matter the truth, Lann took possession of Casterly Rock and began his house's line. They quickly spread their influence through the ample wealth at their control and martial prowess. They soon reigned as Kings of the Rock and brought the rest of the Westerlands under their rule. In the meantime a small village near Casterly Rock was expanded to house the vastly expanding host of cousins and other Lannister kin. This would become Lannisport, one of the greatest cities in Westeros. This port brought even greater wealth to the Lannisters.

By the time the Andals landed in Westeros, House Lannister was entrenched as Kings of the Rock. They initially fought these invaders, only to realize the futility of their efforts. They then set about arranging marriages between these men and their vassals. They also took sons and daughters of Andals as wards to ensure peace in the Kingdom. The last of the First Men kings was Gerold Lannister who died leaving only a daughter. It was decided by a council that the Andal husband of Gerold's daughter would ascend the throne and take the name Lannister. This began the reign of Andal king in the west.

A century ago the Lannisters spent a considerable amount of gold to have a Valyrian steel greatsword forged for the King of the Rock. This sword, Brightroar, still rests in the hands of the King Tyland Lannister.
Culture, Customs, and Skills of House: The Lannisters have embraced the Andal customs since Joffrey Lannister became the first of those men to bear the title, King of the Rock. The Lannisters are easily the richest house in Westeros and rule over the richest lands. As such their armies and those of their vassals have the finest arms and armors and are rigorously trained. The Golden Fleet is anchored in Lannisport and all of the coastal lords keep a number of ships, by royal decree.
Ancestral Estate: Casterly Rock
Population: ~2,750,000
Cities: Lannisport, Kayce, Oxcross
Race Composition: Westermen, nearly all of Andal stock.

Military:
Citadels and Fortresses: Casterly Rock, Lannisport
Army: 50,000 from across the realm. 400 guards at Casterly Rock, 1,000 men at Lannisport.
Navy: Golden Fleet: 80 large ships at Lannisport, 30 at Fair Isle, another 40 across the coastal lords.

OOC Info:
Nation Name: Phalnia
RP Examples:
Last edited by Phalnia on Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:10 am, edited 7 times in total.

"The air up there in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious. And why shouldn't it be? - it is the same the angels breathe." Mark Twain
“Don't feel entitled to anything you didn't sweat and struggle for.” Marian Wright Edelman

Independent States of Tula
Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:52 pm

Rather Polite Gentlemen wrote:Name of House: Mallister
House Banner: (Image)
Head of House: Mathos "Madeagle" Mallister. Of one and forty, Mathos is the current head of house Mallister. A large and imposing man, Mathos grew up as a squire and hostage of Lord Connington, an arrangement demanded by the previous Storm King as a consequence of a previous uprising triggered by Mathos' grandfather. Life under Lord Connington was cruel and harsh for Mathos, a once soft boy with a keen interest in theology and history molded into a fierce and fiery lord in his own right. Due in one part to his experiences serving a Stormlander and another to serving them as the lord of a vast swath of land in a breadbasket of Westeros, Mathos once swore to break the Trident free of the Stormland yoke, and establish his homeland as a kingdom in its own right.

Famed for his outbursts, general rashness and troublesome antics when imbibed with the right amount of drink, Lord Frey gave him the epithet "the Madeagle", following a gathering beneath the Twins, where he beat a servant whom had spilled wine on his leg of lamb to death immediately. Squiring to Lord Connington during his childhood, Ser Mathos finally became a knight after seeing off all other competitors at the tourney of Storm's End, a competition wherein he met his wife.

Notable Figures of House: Roslin Mallister, née Piper. Of eight and thirty, she is wife to Ser Mathos and lady of Seagard. Roslin lived a life of luxury and safety at Pinkmaiden, the primary seat and castle of the Pipers. Roslin suffered through many suitors and noblemen clamouring to claim her maidenhead for their own, a small number boasting lands to their name or due to them in the near future. Of these suitors, Roslin measured many and rejected them all, with much assistance and opinion from her father, Lord Piper. In truth, Roslin desired a gallant and passionate knight to sweep her off of her feet, while Lord Piper desired a suitable ally to defend against potential threats from all sides.

Both Pipers found this man at the tourney of Storm's End. As the Madeagle quickly swept his competitors away to claim victory for house Mallister, Roslin marveled, while Ser Mathos shrewdly used his skills in combat to show himself off to the renowned beauty of Pinkmaiden. After weeks of fighting, when all was said and done, Mathos named Roslin his queen of love and beauty, and offered a portion of his winnings to Lord Piper as a token of marriage, as well as an offer of alliance. No less than two weeks after Madeagle's victory, Mathos and Roslin were wed in a lavish ceremony at Seagard, securing friendship between houses Piper and Mallister, as well as a staunch alliance.

Roslin grew up admiring the skills and trade of Pinkmaiden's many diplomats, as well as the practice of its master of law, wherein Roslin witnessed many criminals and rebels consigned to fates such as death, mutilation and banishment to the Wall. As a female, and groomed to be future lady of another great house, Roslin was encouraged and taught in the art of diplomacy and diligence, and shone at soothing the tempers of many traders, knights and septons that Pinkmaiden and Seagard encountered. In time, she met her greatest challenge; Ser Mathos Madeagle. As she took residence in a foreign castle, the crazed nature of her husband demanded that she become an informal diplomat to house Mallister. She soothed many an angry temper of her husband, helping to smooth over countless acts of diplomacy in the name of Seagard. Indeed, many think of Roslin to be the caution tempering Mathos' courage.

Benedict Mallister. Of three and twenty, Ser Benedict is the eldest son of Lord Mathos, and heir to Seagard. Raised in the safe, yet harsh lands of his father, Benedict received a more wholesome upbringing than Mathos received, and squired to his father in a more gallant Riverlander fashion. Born a year after the tourney of Storm's End, Benedict's name day came sooner than most boys, this event occurring as a minor act of subtle rebellion by Madeagle. Determined to break free from the Stormlands and declare himself as River King in his own right, Mathos gave his son a name that two historic kings of the Trident had been given on their own days, the great Justman's of Riverland past.

Upon reaching his majority, Benedict filled the role of Seagard's commander of troops, a leadership role that Benedict took a keen interest in ever since becoming a squire. While inheriting much of the passion for battle from his father, his personal nature and skills are blunted by the nature of his mother, and the knowledge that he will one day take the reins of Seagard from his father. Due to this influence as well as the duties of a squire, Benedict shows some skill in treating with allies and enemies alike, dressing in finery to some events and in armor to others when required. Unmarried, the knight has been looking for a suitable lady from a notable house to take as his future wife. Benedict wields a bastard sword, while his father wields a monstrous two-handed axe.

Eleyne Mallister. Of one and twenty, she is Mathos' only daughter. Eleyne has shown herself to be of unpredictable personality; at morn, she may be in high spirits and of pleasant personality, but by noon, she may be dour and listless, or even crazed and unapproachable. Due to this, she is often referred to as the "Wildeagle", albeit as hushed whispers in courtly circles. No one can deny that she is not her father's daughter, nor can they do so in reference to her mother, as she has inherited much of her nature from the former and looks from the latter. Refusing to tie herself down to one skill or practice, Eleyne enjoys hunting, dancing, numbers and diplomacy, though is only barely proficient in all. Perhaps due to this, she has not been wed to any lord quite yet, though she is quite willing.

Erron Mallister. Of nine and ten, He is Mathos' second son. Truely a passionate lad, Erron has dedicated himself to two hobbies; women and the sea. With Seagard's position as the Riverland's and by extension, the Stormland's primary protector of the Sunset Sea mixed with the freedom of a lord's spare to his brother's heir, Ser Erron has used his position as a squire to hone his mastery of battle upon ship over land. Begging his father to allow him to squire with the Madeagle's master of ships, Ser Manfryd Charton, Erron grew up under the tutelage of a great admiral, adopting much of his nature from this man, including a strong taste for women. A source of much controversy, Erron has claimed to have sired many bastards already, two of which he has acknowledged, coming from two noblewomen. Rather than exile him to Essos or the Wall, Mathos reportedly roared with laughter upon hearing of his first bastard grandson, slapping the proud Ser Erron on the back. He is unwilling to marry, preferring the idea of wenching for the rest of his life and dying upon sea or sword. Rounding out his nature, Erron wields two hand axes and light armour, for lightning fast combat upon ship or on land.

Owen Mallister. Of six and ten, he is the youngest of the Mallister brood, and softest by far in personality. Growing up content in the knowledge that as third son, he is highly unlikely to inherit any lands at all, Owen's interests lie elsewhere. The young lad has shown a great passion in the history of Westeros and Essos alike, with a primary interest in the nature of Valyrian customs, creatures and creations, of the language, the dragons and the renowned swords of the Freehold. In fact, upon news reaching Seagard of Valyria's fiery demise, Owen reportedly retired to his room for a week, receiving only supper and the occasional handmaiden.

Owen can often be found in Seagard's impressive library, melting into the various stacks of books and scrolls to learn further of his preferred subjects, or the storied history of the First Men and the Andals that came after. This library had been a gift to him come majority, by none other than the Madeagle himself. Something only his wife could understand fully, Mathos saw much of his former self in Owen, the child he had the potential and wish to become, before cruelly being stolen away to Griffin's Roost. Lord Mallister strove to kindle and encourage Owen's own passion and nature at an early age.

Ser Manfryd Terrick. Of seven and thirty, he serves Ser Mathos as his head admiral and personal confidante. Brother to Lord Terrick, the head of a noble house sworn to the Mallisters, He had been brought up upon the sea much the same has he has done so with his former squire, Erron Mallister. Manfryd had been fostered at Seagard as a squire boy himself, giving him much chance to practice the art of naval warfare and much chance to bed as many smallfolk as he could.

A maverick in his field, Manfryd was knighted after dispatching a couple of minor reavers, attempting to plunder villages nearby Seagard, as soon as he stepped off of the boat. However, Manfryd did not spend all of his time at Seagard, setting off to form his own sellsail company across the Narrow Sea once having mustered enough of a fortune. Growing rich in his own right from this venture, Ser Terrick covered himself in glory and a great number of women, until a fateful day attempting to fight a mighty Braavosi fleet. His ships were dispatched in short order, along with most of his riches. Losing his fleet save his own flagship, Manfryd sailed back to Seagard in shame, and drowned himself in wine until being given the position of high admiral to Lord Mathos. In thanks for this prestigious role, he pledged his flagship to the Mallister fleet and renamed it as Seabird. He holds no lands, no spouse and not much gold.

History of House: House Seagard has a storied history, stretching back to the reign of House Greyiron over the Ironborn to the west, where the Mallisters conquered the Cape of Eagles from them. The Mallisters have always been a great and powerful house with the Riverlands, boasting the largest fleet of all the Trident lords, as well its primary protector against threats from the Sunset Sea. In the last century, This prestige has waned to an extent, due to the actions of Madeagle's grandfather, Petyr Mallister. Petyr roused many river lords to his side, and styled himself River King Petyr I. Brave as he was, his glorious reign was cut short by the Storm King, being defeated and killed at Duskendale. His son bent the knee to the king immediately, having seen his father and brother both slain in the conflict and his daughter being raped and murdered in the chaos of retreat in the aftermath of battle. To this end, he willingly gave up his last remaining child for hostage, in exchange for peace and no significant loss of land. Mathos Mallister took the reigns of Seagard many a year ago, with a great ambition to soar above the yoke of the Stormlands, and claim his own river kingdom.

Culture, Customs, and Skills of House: House Mallister is similar in customs and traditions to most Andal houses in Westeros, save for their preference of naval warfare over land and their position as a primary source of income in the west. Due to this, the Mallisters enjoy a strong fleet and a weak army, albeit with a great knowledge of local terrain.
Population: Roughly 200,000 in our lordship, 2,500,000 in the Riverlands proper.
Race Composition: Riverlanders, of Andal stock. Soldiers of the Riverlands and the Trident, the people have had to contend with the lack of natural barriers from other regions of Westeros for many thousands of years. A prosperous and numerous people, the lands in which they dwell are considered a breadbasket for northern Westeros, leaving the various kingdoms around it with a great interest in conquest.

Military:
Navy: 210 ships (Figure this is OK given the naval focus, not sure if I should reduce or increase it)

OOC Info:
RP Examples: Not much experience on Nationstates, other than a few RP's a couple years ago. Here's an excerpt from a space-themed RP from another forum. This entry also serves as an example I guess.

Arthur slowly rose. He rubbed his throbbing head, moaning as he mustered enough energy to roll onto his side.

"Ugh... Wh-where... where am I...?" He blearily wondered. As he attempted to roll onto his back, Arthur lost his balance, falling off of a table he soon realized that he had passed out on.

Arthur attempted to scratch his chin. As he touched his face, it felt... wet and slimy. Arthur felt around the substance on him, eventually finding the edges and peeling it off. It was... a slice of ham.

The room slowly came into focus. He observed a number of serving trays beside him, a sink full of knifes, forks and spoons, along with a couple of large cooking vats, boiling away. Arthur's assumption that he had been abducted and had his kidney's stolen proved false; the head of science had broken into one of the canteen's storerooms during his drunken rampage. Feeling extremely hungover, Arthur promptly ate the piece of ham that had attached itself to him, and made his way out of the cafeteria before anyone realized that it was him who had created the mess.

Arthur rubbed his forehead and sighed. Thankfully, it seemed that the head of science did not stumble into and wreck his room in his drunken rampage last evening, though he did ruin the toilets when he shamefully stumbled back. As he groaned, a message came through from Varn, querying Arthur about the truth serum they had discussed during Viper's unfortunate accident with the member of the Crimson Sun. He slowly typed a message back.

Hello Varn,

To be frightfully honest, I had never quite outlined the complete formula for the serum we discussed, given the dreadful events that came after this plan of action that put the pressing need for a truth tonic on hold. During my few experiments however, I believe that I have created a truth serum effective enough to eke out some information from whatever quarry you've captured. I was... quite busy yesterday, so I might need someone to fill me in on recent events.

Dr Beasley

Arthur finished off the message and sent it quickly. Before gathering up the required materials and hurrying down to the brig, he flicked through his communicator and noticed some... strange communication, from last night. Two messages stuck out to him; some communication with an old pen pal by the name of Klepty regarding trade on the black market, and a message in his outbox to Yanim, long since deleted for some particular reason during the night.

Arthur stepped forward, as Varn apologized for his lateness. He grumbled, and replied.

"Oh, no problem. If I seem annoyed in any way, it's probably because I currently have quite the hangover." Arthur said, rubbing his head and groaning once more. He handed over the serum to Varn.

"Here you are. If you don't mind, I'd like to stay here and watch these ensuing events unfold. I have my own uses for a truth serum, and I intend to refine the recipe depending on how it works concerning your prisoner."

"I must also beg the question; who is this fellow? Another assassin? I'd suggest you have him stripped fully nude in this case, or at least given a physical exam before we begin. I'm not interested at all in seeing another fellow explode over our ship, I'm sure you are the same." Arthur explained to Varn. His voice became cold, as he suggested something else.

"In the likely circumstance that we get no information out of our prisoner, I would suggest torture, as we have discussed before. I suggest this in the most pragmatic of senses; as we've found, prisoners and enemies to this ship have always been extremely dangerous if not completely deadly, and information to pull us out of the darkness regarding our situation would be of great pleasure to me. To say the least... having a captain that is pedantic and mostly useless does not help us one bit."

"Wonderful. I think I'll dedicate my time to producing this serum even further, and making it even more effective and long-lasting." He gladly told Varn. When the merc told him about the meeting, the scientist winced.

"Mhmm... I guess I will, given my position on-board the ship. My head is still pounding, so I'll probably be somewhere around the back. If we're departing now, lead on."

Tune your ships down to somewhere between 50 and 60. The Entirety of the Reach can only muster 200 ships so it would be unlikely the Riverlands would command more than them with just a single house. Otherwise you're good.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:57 pm

BTW, House Hightower, House Stark, and House Lannister have all been reserved as per request.

Rather Polite Gentlemen
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Rather Polite Gentlemen » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:59 pm

Independent States of Tula wrote:Tune your ships down to somewhere between 50 and 60. The Entirety of the Reach can only muster 200 ships so it would be unlikely the Riverlands would command more than them with just a single house. Otherwise you're good.

No problem, done.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:18 pm

Rather Polite Gentlemen wrote:Name of House: Mallister

Military:
Navy: 55 ships

OOC Info:

Hello Varn,

Dr Beasley

Accepted!

The Newton Collation
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Newton Collation » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:39 pm

TAG, House Martell please.
Last edited by The Newton Collation on Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do not go gentle into that good night,Old age should burn and rave at close of day;Rage, rage against the dying of the light." -Dylan Thomas

New Gothica
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Gothica » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:00 am

House Forrester Reserved
"And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music."
~Friedrich Nietzsche
The Knight of Antaria

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:48 am

Houses Forrester and Martell have been reserved per request.

The Newton Collation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Newton Collation » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:51 am

Before us?.... or are you referring to us?
"Do not go gentle into that good night,Old age should burn and rave at close of day;Rage, rage against the dying of the light." -Dylan Thomas

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:54 am

The Newton Collation wrote:Before us?.... or are you referring to us?

You guys.

The Newton Collation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Newton Collation » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:13 am

Perfect.... thanks Tula :P

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:50 am

The Newton Collation wrote:Perfect.... thanks Tula :P

No problem. Thanks for coming...now...(Artstoska accent) app please.

New Gothica
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Application Work in Progress

Postby New Gothica » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:04 am

WIP
Name of House: House Forrester or House of Forrester
Head of House: (Name, Age, History, Personality)
Notable Figures of House: (Name, Age, History, Personality)
History of House: Lord Gerhard Forrester, the Tall, was the founder of House Forrester.
Cedric Forrester, who, with his sons, built Ironrath, the seat of their House.
His triplet sons. House Forrester have been faithful banner-men to House Stark but wish to s\have the lofty seat of Highlordship rather than the Glovers.
Culture, Customs, and Skills of House: Ironwood carving and smithing.
Ancestral Estate: Ironrath
Population:
Cities: A Few outlying unnamed lumber villages
Race Composition: Northmen (First Men)

Military:
Citadels and Fortresses: Ironrathis a fortress by Definition.
Army:
Navy:

OOC Info:
Nation Name: New Gothica
RP Examples: (If no examples, write a short story)

Derp.. Sorry Tula
Last edited by New Gothica on Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music."
~Friedrich Nietzsche
The Knight of Antaria

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:51 pm

Events-

A Merchant attempting to past through Blackwater Bay without paying his taxes to you is caught by two of your House's ships. It is clear he is a slave merchant by the fact that he has a lot of coin from the mainland Westeros he was sailing away from and by the many empty shackles in the hold of his ship. During the search of the ship however the merchant's two remaining slaves are found and it is made clear that he sells pleasure slaves overall. The two slaves are beyond beauty with a pure Valyrian one named Daenerys, and a mixed race Valyrian named Argella. When questioned about the two the merchant bemoans that his usual customers (some of the seedier lords in Westeros) refused to pay for the two girls.

He goes on to explain that the two are a "Package Deal" with Daenerys aged ten and six and Argella aged ten and eight with them both costing a hefty 10,000 Gold Pieces. When asked why they cost so much the Merchant replies that they are both of House Belarion (though by what relation whether it be as servants or actual family members he does not say), one of the former 40 Valyrian families that ruled over Valyria and well known for their architectural prowess even amongst Valyrians. In addition both were trained in Lys as Pleasure Slaves after the Doom while maintaining their maidenheads. The Merchant offers to sell them at the reduced price of 5,000 Gold Pieces as a form of his paying taxes. A few options are immediately available and in mind. You can pay him his fee and buy the slaves, force the merchant to give up his two slaves without payment as a form of him paying taxes, ignore the slaves and take his gold he already has for taxes, take his gold and slaves for punishment and taxes, or kill him and seize his slaves, gold, crew, and ship for refusing to pay taxes.

A man arrested in Gulltown for attempting to smuggle slaves through the Vale is brought before your King for judgement. The man is clearly Valyrian and he reveals himself to be a former Valyrian Knight who survived the Doom by being in the Freehold at the time. Vivor Nohlaeris is a poor man with only his plate armor and his Valyrian Steel Sword "Bloodletter" to his name now, forcing him to resort to seedier ways of making a living. Understanding he can be executed for his crime Vivor swears to serve your King loyally if his life is spared. Two options are immediately available in mind, execute Vivor and take his sword for your family or accept Vivor's offer and enroll him as a knight in your service.

Ulcrax is dead, the dragons died suddenly and mysteriously. And with Ulcrax's passing comes another problem. Balerion is deathly ill, what ails him is unknown but some whisper it is the wrath of the Gods. Balerion is unable to move even to eat or drink and his scales have dulled and appear to be undergoing a process of becoming translucent. A few options seem available. Sacrifice Balerion to appease the Gods and spare the other three dragons, preform another ritual to the Gods to attempt to spare Balerion's life, or see if Balerion overcomes his illness on his own.

A lost Braavosi Gold Barge was captured by several longships belonging to your House and a few of your Bannermen. The gold is enough to "buy half a kingdom" as your men say. A few options come to mind immediately. A) Take all the Gold for yourself, making your House the 4th richest House behind the Lannisters, Garderners, and Martells. But at the same time causing discontent with the Bannermen who helped capture the barge. B) Split the Gold with your Bannermen, doesn't boost your wealth too much but it certainly keeps your Bannermen loyal and gives them the ability to field better equipped conscripts if war occurs. C) Give the Barge back to the Iron Bank of Braavos as should the bank discover who stole this barge they would surely look to punish those who stole their hold.

A khalasar of Dothraki was located encroaching on your Southern Lands, throughout the past these tribals have been little more than annoyances however this time the size of this tribe has some of your Southern Lords worried and they petition you to act quickly to destroy this roving band, however to do so may draw other Dothraki to your lands in search of blood for blood. A few options are available, let your Lords handle it themselves to keep your hands clean, kill and enslave the horde with your own forces to appease your lords, or let the Khalasar pass through to avoid conflict.

A noble of House Frey guesting at Seaguard has been loud in his opinions about House Durrandon at several local taverns he's visited. All such opinions seem to be rather negative and while this doesn't truly concern your House the Nobleman's suggestion that House Mallister rise up once again and claim the title of Kings of the Riverlands does. If such words are not silenced quickly then House Durrandon may hear of them and use them to blame your House for conspiracy to commit treason. Actions that come to mind are: A) Have the man's tongue cut out for speaking ill of his King to keep the Durrandons pleased, B) Imprison him and interrogate him to find out why he has let his tongue be so mischievous, or C) Allow him to continue speaking as an act of defiance against House Durrandon.

War is being called for by many of your Lords in the South, they claim that it is time to take on the Reach with the Stormkings distracted by the growing tensions in Dorne. Will you silence these calls, heed them and go to war, or try to find a middle ground?

With the rebellion in its infancy it is very much vulnerable to being crushed by the Starks. Great care must be taken to avoid this, especially considering that House Stark has 25,000 men to counter your 15,000. However at the same time you cannot be too cautious or your bannermen may abandon you due to inaction. Currently the Stark Host is still gathering at Winterfell while yours is almost complete. Now may be a good time to seek extra allies such as the Dragonlords in Blackwater Bay or the ferocious Ironborn of the Iron Isles, or perhaps it is time to strike while the iron is hot, after all many vassals of the Starks have left their castles undefended while they march their conscripts to Winterfell.

House Wyl has been accused by multiple Stormlands Marcher Lords of sending soldiers across the border to raid the Dornish Marches. Despite lacking solid evidence they demand that they receive recompense for their losses or they will march on Wyl and raze it. This would mean war with the Stormkings who hold one of the largest swarths of territory in Westeros. A few options are available A) Compensate the Marcher Lords, expensive but it'll avoid war, B) Reinforce Wyl and refuse to pay the Marcher Lords, hopefully calling their bluff, or C) Truly call their bluff and leave Wyl open while not paying.

Your Lords are clamoring for war with Dorne. They claim the Dornish Marches are being raided by soldiers from Dornish Houses and demand action. However if your army marches south it could leave the Riverlands in the North open to attack. But if you do nothing then perhaps your lords will act without you.

Your spies in the Westerlands are sending back whispers of a growing desire of Lords in the Westerlands to go to war with the Reach. Two options are immediately apparent, call the Banners and prepare for war or wait for more solid evidence from your spies.
Last edited by Independent States of Tula on Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:18 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:39 pm

BTW, for the guy who reserved the Starks here's the Houses Rebelling against you in the North:

House Bolton of the Dreadfort - led by the Bolton King against the Starks
House Dustin of Barrowton
House Flint of the mountains
House Wull
House Lightfoot
House Norrey
House Overton
House Slate
House Waterman - trying to supplant the Manderlys
House Whitehills
House Hornwood
House Umber
House Woolfield

Valorono
Minister

Founded: Sep 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Valorono » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:08 pm

Independent States of Tula wrote:BTW, for the guy who reserved the Starks here's the Houses Rebelling against you in the North:

House Wull
House Lightfoot
House Norrey
House Overton
House Slate
House Whitehills
House Hornwood
House Umber
House Woolfield

Well aint that Beautiful
"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon."-Napoleon Bonaparte
"For Gold, Glory, and Gospel"
Long live Byzantium
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgiTB2NFvAM
Hey There! Nice to meet you, I'm just your average god fearing guy, politically moderate, history buff, Athlete, Nerd, Poet, a
I'm a 17 year old , Irish-German New Yorker, Don't worry ladies I'm single

Phalnia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phalnia » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:14 pm

"The air up there in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious. And why shouldn't it be? - it is the same the angels breathe." Mark Twain
“Don't feel entitled to anything you didn't sweat and struggle for.” Marian Wright Edelman

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:15 pm

Valorono wrote:
Independent States of Tula wrote:BTW, for the guy who reserved the Starks here's the Houses Rebelling against you in the North:

House Wull
House Lightfoot
House Norrey
House Overton
House Slate
House Whitehills
House Hornwood
House Umber
House Woolfield

Well aint that Beautiful

On the bright side that leaves you with more lords and men...though a good strategy by the Boltons could upset that manpower advantage.

The United Eastern States of Europe
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Eastern States of Europe » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:20 pm

Valorono wrote:

House Wull
House Lightfoot
House Norrey
House Overton
House Slate
House Whitehills
House Hornwood
House Umber
House Woolfield

Well aint that Beautiful

Fear not! I shall raid them until their houses are dust!
UESEball
Want to be in my factbooks? TG me!
Characters
Proud MemberOf The Diligens League!
UESE Personified
(Kawaii Indo) Indo-Japanese Separatist Districts
(Sexy Sky) Skyline United
(My Sister CC) Castle Crashers
(NBaby who ignores me ;-;) New Babylonia
(Siwwy Sim) Republic of Simonia
(Wuvable Lingy!) Lingria
(SENPAI!!!!) The Germanian States
(Fun Crazy TDC) The Danish Confederacy
(Adorably Radical and Terrificly Super Yandere: A.R.T.S.Y.) Artstotzka IIII
(Oh great bringer of smut, Mistress Xan) Xanama

(2waifu4spoilers) Low Bloods
YOU'RE WELCOME NS!
Embassy
May or may not have a slight obsession with fluffy things…
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Pretty much sums me up (theme song).
Fascist and proud!
#blameTISI

Aliasa
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Aliasa » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:31 pm

Hmm... On on hand i love GoT... Om the other... I hqve zero faith in my rping skills... Hmm......

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:39 pm

Phalnia wrote:Name of House: Lannister of Casterly Rock
General Description of House: House Lannister traces their line back to Lann the Clever who tricked the former Casterlys out of their rock and became the founder of the Great House. Within a generation they had founded Lannisport and taken vassals, becoming the Kings of the Rock. Casterly Rock sits on the greatest gold mine ever known and after centuries it still has untold wealth to be mined. The Lannister pockets run deep and the words of their house are often mistaken to be: "A Lannister always pays his debts."
Head of House: Tyland Lannister, King of the Rock, Lord of Casterly Rock, forty. King Tyland is a thin man, but it would be a mistake to think him weak. His sword arm is strong and plate weighs lightly on his shoulders. Tyland is a shrewd an reserved man revealing very little of what he is thinking. He holds the loyalty of his lords through fair ruling and generosity to those who are loyal. As a boy Tyland was raised in the great Casterly Rock. From a young age he knew his power within the halls and wanted for nothing. He was well known to be highly promiscuous and the number golden haired servants in the castle has risen.

Tyland was knighted by his uncle following his victory in a tourney at Lannisport. As a young man his father gave the prince command of a number of knights. They traveled the Westerlands running off bandits and securing roads and mines from raiders. In his first-and-twentieth year Tyland was wed to the eldest daughter of Lord Reyne of Castamere. It was twelve years ago that Prince Tyland succeeded his father, following the death of latter from an infected hunting wound. His rule has proved just and fair and the Westerlands prosper. He wields the Valyrian steel greatsword Brightroar.
Notable Figures of House:
Ryella Reyne, nee Reyne, Queen of the Rock, Lady of Casterly Rock, eight-and-thirty. Queen Ryella is a beauty even as her age progresses. She was the first daughter and eldest child of Lord Reyne of Castamere. She spent her youth in that great keep of Castamere lavished with fine silks and lovely jewels. She marveled at these things to the great delight of her father, but like many maidens she desired adventure and excitement.

This need was partially satisfied at a tourney in Lannisport. Her father had brought her along to see the greatest knights in the kingdom test their skill at arms. Ryella swooned over the gallant knights as their horses crossed jousting lanes and sword met shield in the grand melee. Though above all she desired the crown prince, Ser Tyland. When the golden-haired knight had bested the last man in the joust she imagined him naming her as the queen of love and beauty. Though he rode past her and crowned a fair woman from Hornvale.

Ryella expected this to be the end of it and resigned herself to being married off to another. But, a twist of fate would change that fate. Three years after the Tourney at Lannisport a bloodied and deathly weak Tyland was brought to Castamere. He and his companions had been tracking bandits in the nearby hills when they were attacked. Tyland had been injured in the battle, having taken a hammer to the chest.

The maester proclaimed his fate rested in the hands of the gods and no concoction could make a difference. Ryella tended to the man as he lingered on. Eventually, he recovered and fell in love with his caretaker. Within a week Tyland was fit to ride and whisked Ryella away to Casterly Rock to be his bride. Since then she has given King Tyland several children and is a welcome counselor.

Lancel Lannister, Crown Prince of the Rock, ser, nine-and-ten. Prince Lancel is a powerfully built man and stands a head taller than most. His hair is like spun gold and his eyes an emerald green. As a youth he often traveled the hills and roads of the Westerlands. On one such journey he and his horse were attacked by a lion. The great cat ripped out the throat of the horse and sent Lancel tumbling to ground. The lion chased the young prince into the brush to the side of the road.

Several hours later a passing patrol of knights found the young man walking back towards Casterly Rock. In his hand he clutched the hide of a lion and was covered in blood. They returned him to Casterly were his father nearly brought down the great rock with his screams and cursing. However, that same day Tyland knighted his son for the feat and dubbed him the "Young Lion". He has since taken a major role in the Westerlands as commander of a company of the greatest knights in the kingdom.

Loreon Lannister, Prince of the Rock, ser, six-and-ten. Loreon Lannister is considered a pale shadow of his elder brother. This and the great beauty of his twin sister often leaves Loreon feeling overlooked. Despite this he is a capable warrior as any man, though he lacks a defining battle to cement his reputation. As a boy he was squired by Lord Crakehall. There the pious lord passed on a deep and profound love for the Seven and a reverence for their laws and tenets.

He has just returned to Casterly Rock after being knighted by Lord Crakehall, following years of service. He spends a great amount of his time in Casterly's sept speaking with the septon and quietly praying. He counsels his father to remember the laws of gods in his ruling of the realm. He is older than Janei by a matter of minutes.

Janei Lannister, Princess of the Rock, six-and-ten. Princess Janei is widely considered the greatest beauty in the Westerlands. Her hair is as bright as the midday sun and her eyes like deep green pools. Many a knight have sought her favor and lords her hand. She has refused them all, to her father's distress. She studies the proper practices of a royal lady. She sings, dances, plays the harp and embroiders. She is closest with her twin brother Loreon and was ecstatic at his return, though his focus on the faith has left her to seek friendship elsewhere.

Tommen Lannister, Prince of the Rock, two-and-ten. Tommen Lannister is the youngest and final child of King Tyland and Queen Ryella. The maester proclaimed this birth would be twins as Loreon and Janei had been. However, Ryella insisted it felt different than before. The maester assured her that everything would be well. When the birth finally came Ryella was proven right. Tommen's twin, a girl, had been strangled in the womb by her own cord. Ryella was distraught. She sent away the maester, midwives, and her husband. For a week she locked herself in a tower at Casterly with the twins, taking only the occasional meal. After a week she emerged Tommen and the stillborn Tya in her arms. The girl was laid to rest in the Hall of Heroes and Tommen was kept at his mothers side.

Tommen grew into a fit lad, though the knowledge of his twin's death lays heavy on his heart. Despite his health Tommen is kept close to his mother, who refuses to put the boy at risk. It was only after much convincing that Ryella allowed the boy to be taught to ride. And even though he carries a sword he can wield it about as well as a farmhands daughter. His mother refuses any attempts to allow the boy to be fostered.
History of House: House Lannister began with a traveler in the Age of Heroes. Some say he was the bastard grandson of Garth Greenhand. Others that he posed as one of his sons and made of with a share of his treasure. Regardless, the man came upon Casterly Rock and its lords the Casterlys. Here the stories differ again. It is said he crept into the castle, whispering in the inhabitants ears as they slept, stealing their treasure and convincing them their castle was haunted. Others claim he filled the rock with pests driving them out or feeding them to lions. And still others claim he crept in and had his way with the maidens of the castle, producing a brood of children with the finest hair of gold.

No matter the truth, Lann took possession of Casterly Rock and began his house's line. They quickly spread their influence through the ample wealth at their control and martial prowess. They soon reigned as Kings of the Rock and brought the rest of the Westerlands under their rule. In the meantime a small village near Casterly Rock was expanded to house the vastly expanding host of cousins and other Lannister kin. This would become Lannisport, one of the greatest cities in Westeros. This port brought even greater wealth to the Lannisters.

By the time the Andals landed in Westeros, House Lannister was entrenched as Kings of the Rock. They initially fought these invaders, only to realize the futility of their efforts. They then set about arranging marriages between these men and their vassals. They also took sons and daughters of Andals as wards to ensure peace in the Kingdom. The last of the First Men kings was Gerold Lannister who died leaving only a daughter. It was decided by a council that the Andal husband of Gerold's daughter would ascend the throne and take the name Lannister. This began the reign of Andal king in the west.

A century ago the Lannisters spent a considerable amount of gold to have a Valyrian steel greatsword forged for the King of the Rock. This sword, Brightroar, still rests in the hands of the King Tyland Lannister.
Culture, Customs, and Skills of House: The Lannisters have embraced the Andal customs since Joffrey Lannister became the first of those men to bear the title, King of the Rock. The Lannisters are easily the richest house in Westeros and rule over the richest lands. As such their armies and those of their vassals have the finest arms and armors and are rigorously trained. The Golden Fleet is anchored in Lannisport and all of the coastal lords keep a number of ships, by royal decree.
Ancestral Estate: Casterly Rock
Population: ~2,750,000
Cities: Lannisport, Kayce, Oxcross
Race Composition: Westermen, nearly all of Andal stock.

Military:
Citadels and Fortresses: Casterly Rock, Lannisport
Army: 50,000 from across the realm. 400 guards at Casterly Rock, 1,000 men at Lannisport.
Navy: Golden Fleet: 40 large ships at Lannisport another 30 across the coastal lords.

OOC Info:
Nation Name: Phalnia
RP Examples:

Accepted! Though if you'd like I'd allow a total of 150 ships for the Westerlands...up to you.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse