NATION

PASSWORD

Postapocalyptia | OOC [Apps Closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:07 pm

Jessjohnesik wrote:
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:That's the whole sport for Griswell. Discovering Megafauna. Doing discoveries. Finding out how these creatures tick, one killed beast at a time. For him, the biggest prize is probably to take home one of those gliding spider things. A true, vicious predator.

Also, one isn't doing discoveries through that type of activity. Scientists and whatnot are already doing it through studying remains and observing. He'd also need space and instruments to perform proper autopsies and make discoveries if he wants to do that. The former of which we don't have at all.
Just cutting up things in the scorching sun isn't shedding light on the anatomy as you don't know what organ is what. You'd need space, time, a refrigerator and etc. things we won't have.

Yeah, but isn't that the fun part? I don't think cutting up dead space-animals should be banned because it wouldn't be the best way to do something. Hell, there are probably some fucked up Bandits who do it for fun. :P
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:13 pm

The Carlisle wrote:
Jessjohnesik wrote:
Gliding spider things? If you mean the Skewer, then I'm going to tell that it's an apex predator and you're not going to be able to kill that thing, unless you have a homing rocket launcher or some shit. It's lethal, huge and fast. I mean, it's got a biological propulsion system. That's pretty OP. :p

Also, one isn't doing discoveries through that type of activity. Scientists and whatnot are already doing it through studying remains and observing. He'd also need space and instruments to perform proper autopsies and make discoveries if he wants to do that. The former of which we don't have at all.
Just cutting up things in the scorching sun isn't shedding light on the anatomy as you don't know what organ is what. You'd need space, time, a refrigerator and etc. things we won't have.

Or just take a tritonium blade to the body :p

Edit: Also, just to point out. Lil'bit is demilitarized at this point. The mounted machine gun is in a case in the back, and the back has been converted to bedding/supplies.

Tritonium blade? What do you mean?

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Jessjohnesik wrote:Also, one isn't doing discoveries through that type of activity. Scientists and whatnot are already doing it through studying remains and observing. He'd also need space and instruments to perform proper autopsies and make discoveries if he wants to do that. The former of which we don't have at all.

Yeah, but isn't that the fun part? I don't think cutting up dead space-animals should be banned because it wouldn't be the best way to do something. Hell, there are probably some fucked up Bandits who do it for fun. :P

Those bandits are going to have a hard time killing quite a few of the megafauna.

I'm just saying it's very implausible and unrealistic for such a character doing such things with such motivations.

The fucked up bandits you're referring to would be nearly nonexistent or would limit themselves with small animals to toy with and or cut up.
ಠ_ಠ Proud owner of the Mystery Genre RPer award 2014!!
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:16 pm

Jessjohnesik wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:Or just take a tritonium blade to the body :p

Edit: Also, just to point out. Lil'bit is demilitarized at this point. The mounted machine gun is in a case in the back, and the back has been converted to bedding/supplies.

Transoxthraxia wrote:

Those bandits are going to have a hard time killing quite a few of the megafauna.

I'm just saying it's very implausible and unrealistic for such a character doing such things with such motivations.

The fucked up bandits you're referring to would be nearly nonexistent or would limit themselves with small animals to toy with and or cut up.

Well, its one of the elements I made up. Tritonium is a supermetal, very dense and strong and can have an extremely sharp edge. Used as armor for battleships. Light blue in color.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:19 pm

Jessjohnesik wrote:

Why would bandits be nearly nonexistent? They were alluded to being around in the original, nothing's changed from that given the original setting. We've merely added besides to give this new region more character.

I do support some form of weaponry on the main rig; I don't want it bristling with weapons. LIl'Bit was stripped down in the original with ability to support larger weapons (but never actually attached), Eira stripping it down further means its little more than a fast pick-up truck with cargo capacity. We can attach a weapon or two if needed.

In short, our battles were always fought on ground, I don't see that changing, thus I don't see a need for over militarizing our transports either. We need them capable for off-road, we don't need it capable of barging into a gun fight, we're a small team, we're small fry.
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:22 pm

The Carlisle wrote:
Jessjohnesik wrote:

Well, its one of the elements I made up. Tritonium is a supermetal, very dense and strong and can have an extremely sharp edge. Used as armor for battleships. Light blue in color.

I see. Unlikely to bring down a Skewer due to their speed and the fact hat they're aerial.

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Jessjohnesik wrote:

Why would bandits be nearly nonexistent? They were alluded to being around in the original, nothing's changed from that given the original setting. We've merely added besides to give this new region more character.

I do support some form of weaponry on the main rig; I don't want it bristling with weapons. LIl'Bit was stripped down in the original with ability to support larger weapons (but never actually attached), Eira stripping it down further means its little more than a fast pick-up truck with cargo capacity. We can attach a weapon or two if needed.

In short, our battles were always fought on ground, I don't see that changing, thus I don't see a need for over militarizing our transports either. We need them capable for off-road, we don't need it capable of barging into a gun fight, we're a small team, we're small fry.

I was referring to bandits who would waste their time cutting up animals for fun.
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:24 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Jessjohnesik wrote:

I distinctly remember a scene where a number of Bandit technicals attacked us, which is actually what I was referring to when I said we needed weaponry. However, it is your call, and I do see where you're coming from in regards to the whole "small fry" argument.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:24 pm

Jessjohnesik wrote:I was referring to bandits who would waste their time cutting up animals for fun.

food

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:24 pm

Jessjohnesik wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:Well, its one of the elements I made up. Tritonium is a supermetal, very dense and strong and can have an extremely sharp edge. Used as armor for battleships. Light blue in color.

I see. Unlikely to bring down a Skewer due to their speed and the fact hat they're aerial.

Seems you forgot bits about the first RP. Was a hungry juvenile though, not a full fledged one.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:25 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Jessjohnesik wrote:I was referring to bandits who would waste their time cutting up animals for fun.

food

But fish are friends, not food.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Galdius
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:25 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Jessjohnesik wrote:

So, quad mount or just a single mama deuce?
Ave Alea Necis

Life's but a walking shadow. Honor. Love. Friends. But in there's death. Curses.

Highfort
Minister

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:28 pm

In that case I would support attaching a machine-gun on the flatbed, or maybe an anti-air gun if you're okay with mildly-strong firepower (against raiders and bandits). Beyond that, rail guns and cannons defeat the purpose of the flatbed. It's for storage - if you have big weapons on it, you'll use up your storage for ammo instead of actually using it to hold supplies.

If we want a combat vehicle then outfit Lil' Bit. Our primary transport should have no more than one major weapon, and it shouldn't be that huge or powerful.
First as tragedy, then as farce

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:29 pm

The Carlisle wrote:
Jessjohnesik wrote:

Seems you forgot bits about the first RP. Was a hungry juvenile though, not a full fledged one.

Juvenile is key word tho.

Transoxthraxia wrote:

food

Possible. Maybe even common. That's not really for fun is it tho?
Political Graph

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:29 pm

Hey! I got a kid sleeping back there! You can't just mount a fifty cal and go crazy! She needs her naptime damnit! :p
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:30 pm

Jessjohnesik wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:Seems you forgot bits about the first RP. Was a hungry juvenile though, not a full fledged one.

Transoxthraxia wrote:food

Eh. I can just see a number of inbred hicks trying to guess which organs do what as they roast on the barbecue.

Galdius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:33 pm

The Carlisle wrote:Hey! I got a kid sleeping back there! You can't just mount a fifty cal and go crazy! She needs her naptime damnit! :p

Just get her some ear pro. Then I'm sure the rhythmic bursts of sheer firepower will help lull her.
Ave Alea Necis

Life's but a walking shadow. Honor. Love. Friends. But in there's death. Curses.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:35 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Jessjohnesik wrote:

Eh. I can just see a number of inbred hicks trying to guess which organs do what as they roast on the barbecue.

I'm pretty sure that's how we started researching bodies.

Galdius wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:Hey! I got a kid sleeping back there! You can't just mount a fifty cal and go crazy! She needs her naptime damnit! :p

Just get her some ear pro. Then I'm sure the rhythmic bursts of sheer firepower will help lull her.

Those are expensive! I'm not pocketing gold here!
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Galdius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:36 pm

The Carlisle wrote:
Transoxthraxia wrote:Eh. I can just see a number of inbred hicks trying to guess which organs do what as they roast on the barbecue.

I'm pretty sure that's how we started researching bodies.

Galdius wrote:Just get her some ear pro. Then I'm sure the rhythmic bursts of sheer firepower will help lull her.

Whats money to a loving albeit overbearing mother?
Ave Alea Necis

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:42 pm

Galdius wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:I'm pretty sure that's how we started researching bodies.

Whats money to a loving albeit overbearing mother?

Important for survival! I'm not just providing for two here! There are a couple others tagging along with habits of their own!
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:43 pm

Are there any cool future-drugs that my char can be addicted to? Or can I make my own?

Highfort
Minister

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:44 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:Are there any cool future-drugs that my char can be addicted to? Or can I make my own?

Cocaine. All the cocaine.

Or, if you're really suicidal, snort timonium. :p
First as tragedy, then as farce

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:44 pm

Highfort wrote:In that case I would support attaching a machine-gun on the flatbed, or maybe an anti-air gun if you're okay with mildly-strong firepower (against raiders and bandits). Beyond that, rail guns and cannons defeat the purpose of the flatbed. It's for storage - if you have big weapons on it, you'll use up your storage for ammo instead of actually using it to hold supplies.

If we want a combat vehicle then outfit Lil' Bit. Our primary transport should have no more than one major weapon, and it shouldn't be that huge or powerful.

Reasonable assessment. We can sport a weapon emplacement on the main rig or its trailer, work up to Lil'Bit having an emplacement of its own if/when needed.

In the end, we're a bunch of capable Vagabonds (minus Mathias or Shimmer) with impressive personal firepower and if we can't hold our own, we deserve to die :P

@Transox, that is at your discretion.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:46 pm

Name: Oli
    Sex: Male.
    Height: 1m 75cm
    Weight: 71 Kg

General appearance:

Skills: 
    -Trap Creation
    -Trap Disarmament 
    -Jury-rigging 
    -Rocketry

Stuff they own:
     -66mm Rocket launcher
     -8 66mm Incendiary rockets
     -Bowie knife
     -Bulletproof vest
     -Mildly-torn backpack
     -Hammer
     -Bag of nails
     -Roll of duct tape
     -6 metal bars
     -Bear trap
     -Trowel
     -11 Railway spikes
     -5m of Tripwire
     -3m Coiled roll of barbed wire
     -Green jacket
     -Sunglasses
     -Brown-ish T-shirt
     -Empty flask
    Personality: Oli comes off as a bitter grizzled veteran of many fights; quiet, reserved and only talking when he has to. He regrets quite a lot of things, especially joining the military, and will become extremely defensive and aggressive if constantly pressed about his past. A very self-centered person, he looks out for himself first and lets others look out for themselves. Also cautious to the degree of being properly paranoid following the destruction of his bandit group.
    Traits, quirks, habits: Often picks his nails and the skin off his fingers, resulting in them being a mess of red and skin. 
    Likes: The rare case of Scotch he finds, a decent cigarette, fresh and juicy steaks.
    Dislikes: Animals. Gazprom.
    Reason for becoming a Vagabond: Lack of anything better to use his set of skills for.

Bio: Oli was born on Rigel-3 shortly after the initial colonisation in the small mining outpost of Kappa-17, the former referring to the vague 'sector' as defined by it's corporate owner, now lost to history, the latter it's number. Kappa-17 was only a small mine in an isolated sector with limited mineral value, and thus not given much protection by it's owners. Soon enough, a loose alliance of smaller megacorps formed and began hiring a few native 'auxiliaries' to act as scouts for their main force, the Rigelian Expedtionary Army (REA).

The REA landed virtually unopposed and swiftly secured the areas it's backers claimed, including Kappa-17, and began setting up it's own infrastructure and communications net while conscripting some of the natives, including Oli, into it's ranks and providing them with training. After the lack of value of timothium and the region's lack of it in general was revealed, their backers withdrew their interests and the REA was abandoned in the middle of a wasteland. Soon enough any semblance of an army disintegrated as individuals, groups and occasionally entire regiments simply deserted, heading off in one direction or another. Many of these groups would later form the elite nucleuses of the larger bandit and raider groups or become small bands of roving mercs or Vagabonds.

Oli broke off with a small group of Aussies and fellow Rigelian 'auxiliaries' who, after finding a small settlement, attacked and looted it for their own survival, and then settled into the life of a group of bandits. He looted the rocket launcher and the rockets off a dead Gazprom guard detail for a small convoy entering their territory, while the group perfected the art of trapping the major routes to set up ambushes or in hunting over several years. Eventually, however, the group of bandits bit off far more than they could chew when they attacked a seemingly-unarmed Gazprom convoy that turned out to be a trap. The bandits were cut to pieces by HMG fire as they attacked the convoy, the few survivors fleeing back into the dust.

The survivors eventually reached a large settlement, and after some discussion, went their separate ways. Oli, not seeing anything else to do and not too keen to risk his life for money, settled into the life of a wandering vagabond, moving from place to place and doing the odd bit of work in exchange for food, water and shelter.
Last edited by Lunas Legion on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Galdius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:47 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:Are there any cool future-drugs that my char can be addicted to? Or can I make my own?

Muh homie, I'm basically making a junkie character who's going to carry around a box full of wonderful narcotics.

One me and jess came up with is Cunihal.

A small, blue organism which consists of a short, fat brown stem that ends in a larger, hard four piece body. Under the hard skin lies a sweet, fleshy inside, now commonly injested by humans who want to get high. When the fleshy inside is ingested, Cunihal produces a high like no other, with most describing it as a mixture between Psilocybin mushrooms and Lysergic acid diethylamide, but much, much more potent. Depending on the method of ingesting, the effect of the drug takes upon average twenty or so minutes to properly kick in and can last up to eight hours, with a residual period of six. The general positive effects that the powerful drug brings about are varied for different people, with it mainly causing an increase in the bodies core temperature, causes eyes to dilate, and provides the user with high euphoric sensations, intense feelings of happiness and bliss, emotional and mental clarity and rich hallucinogenic visual stimuli, causing colors to seem much more vibrant and saturated as the world seems to ripple and shimmer around them, which one man describing it like being "transported into another world, a world away from this shithole." The drug can however bring about some negative effects, both short term and long term, with short term effects mainly being headaches after the residual period, during the tirp, feelings of intense fear and on occasions paranoia can appear, with other side effects being dizzyness and intense confusion. The effects on common users vary but very often include schizophrenia and other mental problems, as well as nervous twitching and physical effects of the sort. Migraines and headaches can also appear, meanwhile some people go outright mad. In the wild, Cunihal is commonly consumed by many native species, such as Litteralopes.
Last edited by Galdius on Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ave Alea Necis

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:48 pm

I'm still hard pressed to see the rationale behind everyone allowing a 4-year-old child to come along.

If anything, she'd be the reason Eira gets left behind.

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Highfort wrote:In that case I would support attaching a machine-gun on the flatbed, or maybe an anti-air gun if you're okay with mildly-strong firepower (against raiders and bandits). Beyond that, rail guns and cannons defeat the purpose of the flatbed. It's for storage - if you have big weapons on it, you'll use up your storage for ammo instead of actually using it to hold supplies.

Reasonable assessment. We can sport a weapon emplacement on the main rig or its trailer, work up to Lil'Bit having an emplacement of its own if/when needed.

In the end, we're a bunch of capable Vagabonds (minus Mathias or Shimmer) with impressive personal firepower and if we can't hold our own, we deserve to die :P

@Transox, that is at your discretion.

Let's not forget Zed can shoot laserbeams out of his hand.
Last edited by Esternial on Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:50 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:    Name: Oli

E -> O

I broke the codex!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse