NATION

PASSWORD

History of Man III (OOC, Always Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Polarian Empire
Minister

Founded: Jun 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Polarian Empire » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:22 pm

Hows it going
BREAKING NEWS:
New Caledonians are prompted to vote in the upcoming referendum to grant the state of Bennu greater autonomy or not. Elections for the Chancellor of the Dominion has the whole nation on edge.

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:22 pm

I'm in Gyor and have internet for half an hour. Anything I need to know right now? Will probably have permanent internet in two days.
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

The Polarian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Polarian Empire » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:24 pm

Is that in Romania
BREAKING NEWS:
New Caledonians are prompted to vote in the upcoming referendum to grant the state of Bennu greater autonomy or not. Elections for the Chancellor of the Dominion has the whole nation on edge.

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Akasha Colony » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:25 pm

HorusLand wrote:I'm in Gyor and have internet for half an hour. Anything I need to know right now? Will probably have permanent internet in two days.

Does Equalium get to set the stats for Taiwan, which Xie controls and has controlled as long as it's been a player territory?
A colony of the New Free Planets Alliance.
The primary MT nation of this account is the Republic of Carthage.
New Free Planets Alliance (FT)
New Terran Republic (FT)
Republic of Carthage (MT)
World Economic Union (MT)
Kaiserreich Europa Zentral (PT/MT)
Five Republics of Hanalua (FanT)
National Links: Factbook Entry | Embassy Program
Storefronts: Carthaginian Naval Export Authority [MT, Navy]

Equalium
Minister

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Equalium » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:29 pm

HorusLand wrote:
Equalium wrote:Dude, i'm serious, did you not read the posts I had with Horus before?

He allowed me to claim some of it.

Dude, please convince me that you are not colorblind. Please. Gray is gray, green is green. If you want to claim unclaimed land, please do.

But you said I can have some of Iran because I seriously did invaded it before the player actually applied.

I'm not colour blind, I was very serious.
Equalium - Where Feminism Gone Wrong.
Frisivisia wrote:
Libertarian California wrote:
Rome = 21st Century America.

Therefore, New York will be sacked by northern barbarians.
I knew those damn Canucks were up to something. We'll send a Legion to Buffalo immediately.
Ralnis wrote:Hey, don't mock Glove World, it is the underwater version of Disney World.

Alleniana wrote:Nukes are for noobs, diplomacy is where it's at.
Factbook • Embassy • Other Nations

Former Ukraine and Mosuo in History of Man. (FINISHED)
Belkegin/Belgium and Otveta in History of Empires.
Vote for TRUE Crimean separation!

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:29 pm

The Polarian Empire wrote:Is that in Romania

No, Gyor (umlaut over o) is in Western Hungary. We're at half the way to Romania, the road can't be done in just one day. :)

The Akasha Colony wrote:Does Equalium get to set the stats for Taiwan, which Xie controls and has controlled as long as it's been a player territory?

No. One can work on stats for his/her own protected NPCs (like I let Dacia go, but I still have to give the new guy that signs up there, if ever, indications). So no, as Taiwan wasn't set as protected and claimed by someone new (only conquered, doesn't count), Equalium may not set any stats unless Xie lets him do it.
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

Equalium
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Equalium » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:30 pm

The Akasha Colony wrote:
HorusLand wrote:I'm in Gyor and have internet for half an hour. Anything I need to know right now? Will probably have permanent internet in two days.

Does Equalium get to set the stats for Taiwan, which Xie controls and has controlled as long as it's been a player territory?

It was the population as of pre-occupation. I don't know how many people live there now.
Frisivisia wrote:

I knew those damn Canucks were up to something. We'll send a Legion to Buffalo immediately.
Ralnis wrote:Hey, don't mock Glove World, it is the underwater version of Disney World.

The Polarian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Polarian Empire » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:30 pm

HorusLand wrote:
The Polarian Empire wrote:Is that in Romania

No, Gyor (umlaut over o) is in Western Hungary. We're at half the way to Romania, the road can't be done in just one day. :)

The Akasha Colony wrote:Does Equalium get to set the stats for Taiwan, which Xie controls and has controlled as long as it's been a player territory?

No. One can work on stats for his/her own protected NPCs (like I let Dacia go, but I still have to give the new guy that signs up there, if ever, indications). So no, as Taiwan wasn't set as protected and claimed by someone new (only conquered, doesn't count), Equalium may not set any stats unless Xie lets him do it.

Wow
BREAKING NEWS:

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:31 pm

Equalium wrote:
HorusLand wrote:Dude, please convince me that you are not colorblind. Please. Gray is gray, green is green. If you want to claim unclaimed land, please do.

But you said I can have some of Iran because I seriously did invaded it before the player actually applied.

Again. Iran is the gray one to the east. Persia is the green one to the west. Do not think of real life: we use different naming because this is a different world.
You may not claim a part of any player without him letting you. You will not find anyone randomly coloring your territory his color. You may claim parts of NPCs if you want.

Equalium wrote:
The Akasha Colony wrote:

It was the population as of pre-occupation. I don't know how many people live there now.

Ah, okay. Yes, that's perfectly fine. :)

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Postby The Akasha Colony » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:32 pm

Equalium wrote:
The Akasha Colony wrote:

I still have no idea how 47 million people suddenly appeared there even before that. It's more than the island could sustain, especially with 19th century agricultural methods.
New Terran Republic (FT)

Equalium
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Equalium » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:35 pm

HorusLand wrote:
Equalium wrote:But you said I can have some of Iran because I seriously did invaded it before the player actually applied.

Again. Iran is the gray one to the east. Persia is the green one to the west. Do not think of real life: we use different naming because this is a different world.
You may not claim a part of any player without him letting you. You will not find anyone randomly coloring your territory his color. You may claim parts of NPCs if you want.

Equalium wrote:It was the population as of pre-occupation. I don't know how many people live there now.

Ah, okay. Yes, that's perfectly fine. :)

Alright. So, is it okay instead, we took Turkmenistan?

And I changed it anyways. I put the number f people who live in exile in Qingxi. Right now, we're invading Taiwan. So, that is why I decided to remove the population. However, the republic's LAST RECORDED population was 47 Million.

IF successful in taking it (because China is going to let it go again, but this time, is going to keep a force there to secure), can I apply for it to become a protected NPC? And if you say yes, I'm going to withdraw troops slowly in the course of 15 years.

@Alashka Commonwealth nation for 400 years? Yeah. It sure can't.
Last edited by Equalium on Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Frisivisia wrote:

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:37 pm

Equalium wrote:Alright. So, is it okay instead, we took Turkmenistan?

And I changed it anyways. I put the number f people who live in exile in Qingxi. Right now, we're invading Taiwan. So, that is why I decided to remove the population. However, the republic's LAST RECORDED population was 47 Million.

IF successful in taking it (because China is going to let it go again, but this time, is going to keep a force there to secure), can I apply for it to become a protected NPC? And if you say yes, I'm going to withdraw troops slowly in the course of 15 years.

There is no NPC named Turkmenistan.

If you can take Taiwan and make it yours, in any way, then you may do anything with it, including making it protected. This means, though, that you have to conquer it from a player: godmod rules apply.

Equalium
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Equalium » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:39 pm

HorusLand wrote:
Equalium wrote:Alright. So, is it okay instead, we took Turkmenistan?

There is no NPC named Turkmenistan.

If you can take Taiwan and make it yours, in any way, then you may do anything with it, including making it protected. This means, though, that you have to conquer it from a player: godmod rules apply.

Alright. I'm already beginning to invade because Shou On ignored the 2nd letter... and we tried to be peaceful. Tried everything.

Time for FUCK him over with the Chinese.

andif there is no Turkmen NPC, then whos that guy across the Caspian Sea?
Last edited by Equalium on Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frisivisia wrote:

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:40 pm

Equalium wrote:
HorusLand wrote:There is no NPC named Turkmenistan.

Alright. I'm already beginning to invade because Shou On ignored the 2nd letter... and we tried to be peaceful. Tried everything.

Shou who?
Send me a TG with your new Iranian conquests when possible. I want to make sure you got the idea. :p

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Postby The Akasha Colony » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:45 pm

Equalium wrote:And I changed it anyways. I put the number f people who live in exile in Qingxi. Right now, we're invading Taiwan. So, that is why I decided to remove the population. However, the republic's LAST RECORDED population was 47 Million.

The island today supports 23 million people. At the dawn of the 20th century, it was only 3 million. And yet somehow, this small island in 19th century had 47 million people, as many as or more than most major nations in this world?
New Terran Republic (FT)

Equalium
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Equalium » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:47 pm

HorusLand wrote:
Equalium wrote:Alright. I'm already beginning to invade because Shou On ignored the 2nd letter... and we tried to be peaceful. Tried everything.

Shou who?
Send me a TG with your new Iranian conquests when possible. I want to make sure you got the idea. :p

Leader of Ryukyu

And alright, sent. Let's end this confusion once and for all.
Frisivisia wrote:

Equalium
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Equalium » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:49 pm

The Akasha Colony wrote:
Equalium wrote:And I changed it anyways. I put the number f people who live in exile in Qingxi. Right now, we're invading Taiwan. So, that is why I decided to remove the population. However, the republic's LAST RECORDED population was 47 Million.

The island today supports 23 million people. At the dawn of the 20th century, it was only 3 million. And yet somehow, this small island in 19th century had 47 million people, as many as or more than most major nations in this world?

Shit... you got me there... You do have a point...

But since this is AH, does it really matter?

Tell ya what, let's just say the island had about... hmm... 19 Million inhabitants pre-Ryukyu era? Because the original app said to have the pop high. I'm sure 2 million people didn't lived in Kiev during the dark ages, but since we had no black plauge, Europe is extremely overpopulated.

FYI, read the history of Taiwan on the app. It was Chinese before, and of course alot of people lived in Taipei.
Last edited by Equalium on Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Frisivisia wrote:

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Postby The Akasha Colony » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:55 pm

Equalium wrote:Shit... you got me there... You do have a point...

But since this is AH, does it really matter?

Tell ya what, let's just say the island had about... hmm... 19 Million inhabitants pre-Ryukyu era? Because the original app said to have the pop high. I'm sure 2 million people didn't lived in Kiev during the dark ages, but since we had no black plauge, Europe is extremely overpopulated.

Current maximum for new applicants is 12 million. I'd consider this an upper limit.
New Terran Republic (FT)

Equalium
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Equalium » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:20 pm

@Akasha about your new IC post, I know it was pretty hard for me to actually declare war, but... the Thing is, Empress Xiao is not the one to declare war, so it was pretty painful for her to actually have this decision go. But sometimes, war is necessary if that is your last option.

And besides, if I were not to have military interventions, we would of had problems with the Qingxi Protests... it might of turned into a riot, and soon enough, a whole other conflict would of erupted INSIDE of China. So ti was a safety concern.
Last edited by Equalium on Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frisivisia wrote:

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Postby The Akasha Colony » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:23 pm

Equalium wrote:@Akasha about your new IC post, I know it was pretty hard for me to actually declare war, but... the Thing is, Empress Xiao is not the one to declare war, so it was pretty painful for her to actually have this decision go. But sometimes, war is necessary if that is your last option.

And besides, if I were not to have military interventions, we would of had problems with the Qingxi Protests... it might of turned into a riot, and soon enough, a whole other conflict would of erupted INSIDE of China. So ti was a safety concern.

I wasn't saying anything about your motivations for doing so. Regardless of the reasons, it's happening, and for Polynesia's own economic and strategic security, it has every interest in supporting Ryuukyuu.
New Terran Republic (FT)

Equalium
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Equalium » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:31 pm

The Akasha Colony wrote:
Equalium wrote:@Akasha about your new IC post, I know it was pretty hard for me to actually declare war, but... the Thing is, Empress Xiao is not the one to declare war, so it was pretty painful for her to actually have this decision go. But sometimes, war is necessary if that is your last option.

I wasn't saying anything about your motivations for doing so. Regardless of the reasons, it's happening, and for Polynesia's own economic and strategic security, it has every interest in supporting Ryuukyuu.

I didn't said you were, I was just explaining how hard it was. And I didn't said you cant to not intervene. Of course you can, but I thought you were gonna send a massive navy (knowing you guys, of course that would happen :? )... but regardless, I'm also taking this as an opportunity, since Ryuukyuu is focused in Sulavati, this would actually be a perfect time to begin the naval blockade. As I read, I see that he has alot of his military down there and I'm pretty sure he probably has some defense. But considering that I as China have much more population and resources, taking back Taiwan can be... well I don't know. I can't decide that yet.

But judging by resource and weapons advantages (well I guess that everyone is same tech atm in East Asia :P), I'm pretty sure that the victor MAY be decided, but yet again, I can't say for sure.

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll get some support. I already sent something to Japan and HOPEFULLY he'll help. I mean, there was no mention of the military sphere break up. Shame Philippines isn't here... then we would of surely had the advantage...

I also stated that Vietnam will help too (in support, but militaristic they refused). Don't worry, it's gonna take time for the naval blockade to begin. We JUST started, we just need to mobilize everything.
Last edited by Equalium on Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Frisivisia wrote:

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Postby The Akasha Colony » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:42 pm

Equalium wrote:I didn't said you were, I was just explaining how hard it was. And I didn't said you cant to not intervene. Of course you can, but I thought you were gonna send a massive navy (knowing you guys, of course that would happen :? )

Even though I was the one arguing most ardently against massive fleets? Polynesia has a strong navy, one of the strongest left after most of the European navies collapsed, but I never joined the multi-thousand-ship fad since it was never realistic.

... but regardless, I'm also taking this as an opportunity, since Ryuukyuu is focused in Sulavati, this would actually be a perfect time to begin the naval blockade. As I read, I see that he has alot of his military down there and I'm pretty sure he probably has some defense. But considering that I as China have much more population and resources, taking back Taiwan can be... well I don't know. I can't decide that yet.

But judging by resource and weapons advantages (well I guess that everyone is same tech atm in East Asia :P), I'm pretty sure that the victor MAY be decided, but yet again, I can't say for sure.

It is. But probably not in the way you think.

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll get some support. I already sent something to Japan and HOPEFULLY he'll help. I mean, there was no mention of the military sphere break up. Shame Philippines isn't here... then we would of surely had the advantage...

Japan and the Ryuukyuus however are bound as members of the Rose Coalition to aid each other.
New Terran Republic (FT)

Equalium
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Equalium » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:44 pm

The Akasha Colony wrote:
Equalium wrote:I didn't said you were, I was just explaining how hard it was. And I didn't said you cant to not intervene. Of course you can, but I thought you were gonna send a massive navy (knowing you guys, of course that would happen :? )

Even though I was the one arguing most ardently against massive fleets? Polynesia has a strong navy, one of the strongest left after most of the European navies collapsed, but I never joined the multi-thousand-ship fad since it was never realistic.

... but regardless, I'm also taking this as an opportunity, since Ryuukyuu is focused in Sulavati, this would actually be a perfect time to begin the naval blockade. As I read, I see that he has alot of his military down there and I'm pretty sure he probably has some defense. But considering that I as China have much more population and resources, taking back Taiwan can be... well I don't know. I can't decide that yet.

It is. But probably not in the way you think.

Japan and the Ryuukyuus however are bound as members of the Rose Coalition to aid each other.
However, Japan is kicking Ryuukyuu's ass as the same time.

I'll talk to Akiko and see if he won't get involved if they ARE...

Because I know Japan and Mosuo are also allies, and this will be a tough decision.

EDIT: sent him a TG.
Last edited by Equalium on Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Frisivisia wrote:

Great Houses of Xie
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Houses of Xie » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:09 pm

Oh, lawl, a lot has happened since I finally threw down my post in the IC thread.... Uh..... Lemme get to reading all this.
National Anthem:
Anna ni Isshou Datta no ni

Most Popular Song:
Ikenai Borderline

EDOC Anthem:
Shoujou yo Ugate

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse