NATION

PASSWORD

History of Man III (OOC, Always Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:52 pm

Pagir will have civilians developing steamships, but it will start a fresh page with ironclads soon.

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:27 am

viewtopic.php?p=17887450#p17887450

The reason why Galnius is not posting is because he's on vacation mode, like anyone who leaves. One may not attack him until he comes back.
To those of you arguing about fairness, think about how people roleplay a lot to get this far and then find out that they have to leave the site.
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

Fortunagen
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fortunagen » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:30 am

HorusLand wrote:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=17887450#p17887450

The reason why Galnius is not posting is because he's on vacation mode, like anyone who leaves. One may not attack him until he comes back.
To those of you arguing about fairness, think about how people roleplay a lot to get this far and then find out that they have to leave the site.

Ahh, nvm about that contingency plan

*strikes match*
Puzikas wrote:
Fortunagen wrote:Fortunagen is a non-nuclear state despite having vast reserves of uranium.

We couldn't POSSIBLY be stocking up for something.

Shutup, Iran! :p

Mistelemr wrote:With how many shootings that happen almost daily now, I find it hard to care.

Sure I hate myself for it, but fuck it, we invited this. It's sad, but at some point you just stop caring. People can scream and cry but nothing will ever get done about it. When was it last that a shooting incident like this (or any other) actually made people legitimately search for answers or try a new approach? None that I can think of, It's been the same people, shouting the same expletives with the same people dying.

I hear they have good internet over in Scandinavia.

One day, I'll make this sig cool again.

The Quab Sultanate
Attaché

Founded: Dec 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Quab Sultanate » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:37 am

Yo.
I'm the new nation of Sassinia.

THE AFAKISTANI PROVISIONAL GOVERNMENT
Head of State: President Muhammedi-al-Zafir
Capital City: Karachi
RP Population: 251,500,000
RP Military: 850,000 Active, 1,665,000 Reserves (2,515,000 Total)
Tech: PT, MT
Map

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:39 am

The Quab Sultanate wrote:Yo.

Bonjour.
Why'd ya change nations? :P
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

The Quab Sultanate
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Quab Sultanate » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:43 am

HorusLand wrote:
The Quab Sultanate wrote:Yo.

Bonjour.
Why'd ya change nations? :P

Got bored of Sassinia, wanted to start fresh.

Map

The Quab Sultanate
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Quab Sultanate » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:58 am

Alleniana wrote:Sassinia... hi!

Hai!

So...how's the RP going?

Map

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:03 am

The Quab Sultanate wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Sassinia... hi!

Hai!

So...how's the RP going?

Normally, I guess. We added a lot of stuff (see OP opening) and everything's going well.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:47 am

Is delicious. Ardovicia grew fat, bossly and grandfathered the world, then imploded into a cloud of particles.

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Akasha Colony » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:02 am

@Fortunagen:

Landing and dispatching cavalry in that manner on Easter Island will be rather difficult if not impossible. The huge line of fortifications that bisects the island is a rather large barrier, and you'd have to land on one side or the other. Land on the US side and if the Polynesians suddenly see a cavalry unit coming at their lines, they'll shoot. Land on the Polynesian side and it'll be considered an invasion and they'll shoot. The bombardment fleet will stop shelling if you try to enter Nač Moto to talk with the pro-US troops, but won't go off station. Trying to approach Tē Moto in force will likely provoke a military reaction.

So if you want to contact the sides, I would guess sending a smaller auxiliary ship toward each port is a better idea, rather than trying to do so overland.
A colony of the New Free Planets Alliance.
The primary MT nation of this account is the Republic of Carthage.
New Free Planets Alliance (FT)
New Terran Republic (FT)
Republic of Carthage (MT)
World Economic Union (MT)
Kaiserreich Europa Zentral (PT/MT)
Five Republics of Hanalua (FanT)
National Links: Factbook Entry | Embassy Program
Storefronts: Carthaginian Naval Export Authority [MT, Navy]

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:30 am

Final map of Easter Island;
If Fort & Akasha want me to get in on the action, I'd be happy to, but just treat both sides as polarized groups of armed and motivated militias.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit? ... RlwZH3bj8U

Quirina
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:22 am

I'm curious: How did the Polynesians owned and possessed guns while having no trade partners or any European influence that imbued them whatsoever? How did they can even make ships and large ships that can carry guns without any proper equipment and a 'higher' civilization to touch them, with the fact that Spain had possessed only few isles but never influenced them?
एक, सच, अजेय
The Great Federated Noble States

"Strength determines the fates of the world, and the same should be applied over oppressors." - Maharajah Purva Ashvath IV

Call me Quirina.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:36 am

Quirina wrote:I'm curious: How did the Polynesians owned and possessed guns while having no trade partners or any European influence that imbued them whatsoever? How did they can even make ships and large ships that can carry guns without any proper equipment and a 'higher' civilization to touch them, with the fact that Spain had possessed only few isles but never influenced them?

I sold them guns after the Hozidan Civil War, since a lot of superfluous weapons had been acquired, and as for the ships, Polynesians have alwasy had very good ships, and I assume they made a gradual transition from Polynesian style ships to more western ones after they were opened to Ostyrlonian, Japanese, Hozidan, Spanish, Ryuukuuan, Shacklefolian, Rylonian, Voldovin, etc. trade.

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Akasha Colony » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:39 am

Quirina wrote:I'm curious: How did the Polynesians owned and possessed guns while having no trade partners or any European influence that imbued them whatsoever? How did they can even make ships and large ships that can carry guns without any proper equipment and a 'higher' civilization to touch them, with the fact that Spain had possessed only few isles but never influenced them?

I had applied as Polynesia at the tail end of the 1600s-era thread, before the 1800s era thread was created. So the history of Polynesia's development stretches all the way back to the 1600s. In fact, my very first post in the current IC explains past developments. Spain was hardly the only power in the Pacific; in fact it was Horus who first claimed Hawaii (before he gave it up when I was forming my nation). Backstory-wise, there was also interaction with Ryuukyuu, which sat right along the primary east-west trade routes, and presumably at least some contact with Rawhitiroa, which closely neighbored a number of Polynesian holdings in the south Pacific.

In fact, the development of the navy is an example of how Polynesia in general developed, first importing technologies and ships in exchange for local goods before finally building an economy on whaling, which led to the further development of industries to support shipbuilding, which allowed the Polynesians to begin building their own ships. Prior to this, most of the navy was composed of small foreign-built ships, including a large number of junks as well as some small frigates commissioned abroad. Most of Polynesia's domestically-built ships are new since the yards are relatively new, although Polynesians have been sailing for centuries (given how they settled their lands in the first place).
A colony of the New Free Planets Alliance.
The primary MT nation of this account is the Republic of Carthage.
New Free Planets Alliance (FT)
New Terran Republic (FT)
Republic of Carthage (MT)
World Economic Union (MT)
Kaiserreich Europa Zentral (PT/MT)
Five Republics of Hanalua (FanT)
National Links: Factbook Entry | Embassy Program
Storefronts: Carthaginian Naval Export Authority [MT, Navy]

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:00 am

By the way, Horus, might want to update Merry Christmas to Happy New Year or something now

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:22 am

Alleniana wrote:By the way, Horus, might want to update Merry Christmas to Happy New Year or something now

no
that would jinx it
jinxing christmas is totally acceptable
jinxing new year is heresy >:c

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:30 am

The Akasha Colony wrote:

I had applied as Polynesia at the tail end of the 1600s-era thread, before the 1800s era thread was created. So the history of Polynesia's development stretches all the way back to the 1600s. In fact, my very first post in the current IC explains past developments. Spain was hardly the only power in the Pacific; in fact it was Horus who first claimed Hawaii (before he gave it up when I was forming my nation). Backstory-wise, there was also interaction with Ryuukyuu, which sat right along the primary east-west trade routes, and presumably at least some contact with Rawhitiroa, which closely neighbored a number of Polynesian holdings in the south Pacific.

In fact, the development of the navy is an example of how Polynesia in general developed, first importing technologies and ships in exchange for local goods before finally building an economy on whaling, which led to the further development of industries to support shipbuilding, which allowed the Polynesians to begin building their own ships. Prior to this, most of the navy was composed of small foreign-built ships, including a large number of junks as well as some small frigates commissioned abroad. Most of Polynesia's domestically-built ships are new since the yards are relatively new, although Polynesians have been sailing for centuries (given how they settled their lands in the first place).

My only questions were the capability of Polynesians to make guns and make large ships, despite the fact that all of Polynesia only consist of small islands, where productivity is impossible until the 1900s or so. And lo, you have no interactions with Japan. Japan is the only nation in Asia that was blessed by Spain in handing the power of gunpowder through interaction in the 1600s. If you started to detail the history of Polynesia in the 1600s, how did you acquired such technology to proceed to muskets and rifles without any interaction to a nation that possessed such tech?

Your answer did not answered my question. Please explain, thanks.
एक, सच, अजेय

"Strength determines the fates of the world, and the same should be applied over oppressors." - Maharajah Purva Ashvath IV

Call me Quirina.

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:32 am

Quirina wrote:despite the fact that all of Polynesia only consist of small islands*

*small islands including new zealand and most of australia :p

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:34 am

HorusLand wrote:
Quirina wrote:despite the fact that all of Polynesia only consist of small islands*

*small islands including new zealand and most of australia :p

Regardless, since the precursor of gunpowder nor any of their links/networks/allies have never been get to touch Polynesia Confed. even until the 1600s.

EDIT: I saw the map, and my query in Polynesia's shipbuilding is half-answered. Now, the 'gunpowder acquisition' is still standing as my question.
Last edited by Quirina on Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
एक, सच, अजेय

Call me Quirina.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:13 am

Quirina wrote:Hey fellas, please TG me when the IC year turns to 1850. I'm planning big time events for Spain. Thanks.

What events?
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:19 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Quirina wrote:Hey fellas, please TG me when the IC year turns to 1850. I'm planning big time events for Spain. Thanks.

What events?

Maybe the reawakening of the "miracle of the world". I dunno. I have many things for Spain in mind, maybe rewinding back what Spain was. I really dunno.

I'm still questioning Polynesia's ability to make ships and guns.
एक, सच, अजेय

Call me Quirina.

Aurixa
Envoy

Founded: Jan 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurixa » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:06 am

Could I expand some more in north Africa?

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:07 am

Aurixa wrote:Could I expand some more in north Africa?

Post exact territory in the next 2 hours. I'll be gone after that, and I won't be able to accept any new expansions until New Year's.

Aurixa
Envoy

Founded: Jan 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurixa » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:08 am

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse