NATION

PASSWORD

Twilight Struggle (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Yumeiyo
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Twilight Struggle (IC)

Postby Yumeiyo » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:17 am

"Now the trumpet summons us again, not as a call to bear arms, though arms we need; not as a call to battle, though embattled we are – but a call to bear the burden of a long twilight struggle..."
John F. Kennedy

In 1945, unlikely allies toppled Hitler's war machine, while humanity's most devastating weapons forced the Japanese Empire to its knees in a storm of fire. Where once there stood many great powers, there then stood only two. The world had scant months to sigh its collective relief before a new conflict threatened. Unlike the titanic struggles of the preceding decades, this conflict would be waged not primarily by soldiers and tanks, but by spies and politicians, scientists and intellectuals, artists and traitors.
In this RP you play as a country or resistance organization during the Cold war. The year is 1950 and all preceding history follows real life, but starting now you have the chance to change it.

Twilight Struggle begin!

Link to the OOC

Link to the SIC

RULES
• No godmodding
• No one liners
• Be civil.
• Be REALISTIC
• Put your nation names under your posts in the IC so we know who you are
• Nuclear weapons ARE allowed. BUT please read the Special Notes under the rules
• Every week we will advance by one years. If if there is a lot of activity in the IC for a given year I will snooze the progress of time.
• Random events: I decide who, what, when, where, why, and how they will happen.
• Declarations of war MUST be justified. There is a UN for a reason.
• Shimane is my puppet nation. It will play as UN and act as Master of the RP
• Every two weeks Shimane will redact a News Bulletin reporting all the major political military and historical maneuvering of the week.

USA - Yumeiyo
USSR - Tyrrania
West Germany - Neo-Assyrian Empire
East Germany - The Time Alliance
Nepal - Great Nepal
Turkey - Granadeseret
United Kingdom - Harkback Union
Spain - The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism
Cuba - Mifan
Kenya - Orthodox Brotherhood
France - Zenoch
Philippines - Maharo
China - Eridel

Imperial Rule Assistance Association - Bulgar Rouge

United Nations - Shimane
NATO - Saint Francis

Current year: 1951
Last edited by Yumeiyo on Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:39 am, edited 6 times in total.

Bulgar Rouge
Minister

Founded: Dec 08, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bulgar Rouge » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:22 am

The air all over Korea was smelling like war. The northern regime was obviously gearing up to attack Syngman Rhee's clique, but this was a good thing for the Imperial Rule Assistance Association. An unstable Korea would provide them with breathing space to recruit more members. The southern regime was already weak and allowed some decent operations to be carried out, but a war would be beneficial as it would likely cause Rhee's clique to crumble.

General Hotta, a former Imperial Japanese Army officer, was recalling the battles in the Pacific. He remembered the heroic sacrifice his comrades made at Iwo Jima; he remembered the loss of so many men during the Bismarck Sea crossings, and he would never in his life forget the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Seeing how a new "cold war" was growing between Japan's executors, the US and the Soviet Union, his resolve to exploit this antagonism and bring Japan back to its former glory grew ever more firm.

Their small base of operations consisted of a 250-man company named Shusui, or "autumn water" in the Pusan countryside, along with some 30 agents in Pusan itself and 120 more in most major cities of southern Korea and Japan. The company had little weapons, and the poorly trained South Korean military was seen as the perfect source for armaments as it did not secure its weapons caches well enough. Two agents had conducted a two-week observation of a battalion-level arms depot some 8 km west of Pusan, concluding that it held about 600 M3 submachine guns, 30 M1 Bazookas, 450 handguns and about 11,000 rounds of ammunition. It was guarded only by a handful of troops - maybe a dozen, which made it a perfect target. Shusui would attack before dawn.
Last edited by Bulgar Rouge on Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

This nation does not reflect my RL views.
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:I'm only saying that, well, even commies have reached the level of selling counterfeit and drugs in their storefronts, we can't be any less.

The Holy Therns wrote:Politicians make statements. It's their substitute for achievement.

Eridel
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Eridel » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:10 am

Mao Zedong reclined in his opulent office hidden deep within the walls of Zhongnanhai, deep in thought. The People's Republic of China had been formed but a few months prior, and there was so much he needed to do. China was now in the international field, and it had to become strong quickly. His first priority was rapid industrialization; the USSR was aiding China in this, but Mao hoped that soon China could become self-sufficient. Then, modernizing the military. While the military was quite large, its equipment was antiquated - the majority of the navy was still composed of wooden junks, and the army of more than 5 million was mostly a peasant militia. Still, China had the resources to modernize rapidly; and he would push these resources to their limits.
Come to Kotturheim!
Other nations include Nasal Bondage and The Cosmos

Democratic Peoples Republic of Tyrrania
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples Republic of Tyrrania » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:18 am

Stalin sat in his leather bound chair with a cigarette in his mouth, a portrait of Lenin about eight feet tall behind him, he recognized the Korean issue was becoming more and more of a problem. Stalin knew that war was on the horizon, but feared having to go against the United States, he was scared that the war would be horrific. Stalin sent a message to the leader of North Korea with a telegram.
Dear Sung,
I will aid you in any defense, any industrialization, and I find your nation's existing a necessary evil, but in fear of the United States and their war mongering we refuse to aid you if your nation invades South Korea.
Last edited by Democratic Peoples Republic of Tyrrania on Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Generation 35 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
Proud Member of the Western Coalition

Yumeiyo
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumeiyo » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:48 am

Washington DC, United States of America
January, 1950

That cold January morning President Truman watched the garden of the White House from the window of the Oval Office. The snow that had fallen the previous showed no signs of melting in front of the warm sunshine. Thinking about the landscape in front of him, he could not help but think that the situation of the garden was the same the whole world.
An invisible blanket of snow covered the political relations for five years to that part. A cold since almost imperceptible fight. Truman sat across his desk with his secretary of state and friend. Dean Acheson
“Dean”, said Truman “I’m worried about Soviets. They are gaining too much influence at the global level. China has fallen into the hands of the Communists, the situation in Vietnam is degenerating, and a few weeks they were able to test their first atomic bomb. I'm afraid of what might happen.
Acheson sighed and said: "Unfortunately, they have managed to develop a nuclear program, Henry. We no longer have a monopoly of atomic power
Truman stared at the papers on his desk. There were reports of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and some intelligence reports. The Marshall Plan was proceeding as planned. Thousands of tons of commercial goods were being shipped overseas to revive the economies of European destroyed countries. In addition to deter them from entering the Soviet sphere of influence. "I wonder why," he said slightly irritated "Europeans are always combining disasters. Two world wars in the space of thirty years, an incredible expenditure of funds and resources to contain the Nazi threat, and because of them the Soviet empire has acquired more power than he had already. Quite incredible!
"Yes. But now we should be concerned rather the situation in Japan. Some reports indicate the emergence of an anti-American nationalist movement in the region. Taking into account that it is one of only two countries openly pro-American in the region, we cannot risk losing it.
"You're right," he said, taking a pen and paper "we have to intensify our presence in Southeast Asia. Call my staff, we must begin to ensure the fidelity of the nations closest to us.
The objectives were clear. The United States must obtain a complete coverage on the most sensitive regions of the globe, and at the same time ensure the loyalty of those already under its influence. Involved was the fate of the free world.

To: Philippines

Greetings President Elpidio Quirino. Our military command is noticing an increase of Soviet activities in the area of ​​South-east Asia. We know that you are alligned with our country's policies, and we thank you for this, but we want to make sure your support in the event of inevitable political changes in the area. For this reason we think that we could have better and most solid ties with trade agreements and military stronger than the current ones.
The State Department would ratify a treaty of free trade and free movement of goods, services and capital with your state.
If you will be willing to do that, we could also consider to include in the Treaty free movement of Filipino citizens in our country. We look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Dean Acheson, Secretary of State of the United States

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:48 pm

Singha Durbar
Kathmandu, Nepal

Mohan Shamsher Jang Bahadur Rana stood on the roof of the largest and most luxurious palace in Asia; the Singha Durbar overlooking the city of Kingdom. Its literal translation of Lion's palace was not misfounded, it was the private residence of the prime minister and despite what the name might suggest; this was the most powerful man within the borders of the Kingdom. The Rana family who de facto controlled the Kingdom for last century, leading the nation through both world wars had reduced the monarchy to a figurehead; someone who had to put an stamp in the paperworks but no more.

Unfortunately this was lion was injured; it was no secret that Tribhuvan wanted to establish a stronger monarchy and provide some form of democracy, which there seemed to be great appetite among the people for Tribhuvan's reform and despite the official attempts to silent Tribhuvan his ideas were undoubtedly spreading. This was a spark that needed to be stamped out, that needed to be killed, that needed to be controlled before it spread and consumed the Kingdom. As Shrī Tīn Mohan, considered every eventualities there was a sound from the back as a servant arrived in the roof who bowed slightly before speaking "Shrī Tīn, King Tribhuvan has arrived. Should I send him upstairs"? Mohan turned around as he nodded "yes, tell him I am ready to see him but first bring the little girl up here".

When King Tribhuvan walked up the stairs to open the door to the roof, Shrī Tīn Mohan was standing up with a young child wrapped in blanket in his arm. A sight that sent shivers down Tribhuvan's spine. You see, few days ago Princess Shobha had gone missing from her cot and while report was filed with the police, nothing significant had been done and publicity was non existent. Put simply, something smelt fishy. Mohan Rana looked up from the baby as he said "Shree Paanch Maharajadhiraj Tribhuvan!", with a deep pause as he walked closer "you have been making the headlines".

Mohan smiled as he said "I thought you might like to see her, such an angle when she sleeps isn't she" moving closer to Tribhuvan so that he could see the face of his one year old daughter. As shock struck Tribhuvan, Mohan continued "now before we continue, it would make it easier on everyone if we promise to be straightforward. No one is listening up here". King nodded in agreement, still looking at the princess as prime minister showed him towards the chairs before handing over princess to servant with instructions to leave the place and put princess in her cot.

"Ordinarily your actions would have been overlooked, swept under the carpet as crazy talk but this time with British withdrawal from India, the situation has changed. Your little stunts, like one you pulled out few days ago with talk about democracy threatens to burn this country and I do not want our Kingdom to burn. Do you?", Prime minister asked leaning back on a gold plated chair with a threatening tone.

King looked at Mohan narrowing his eyes as he replied in low voice "of course not but I standby what I said. Just look at every single great nations; Great Britain, United States or even the French. Instituting democracy didn't burn those nations, quite the opposite in fact. I just believe that as a nation, it would be much better if we had some form of democracy; guided of course but I just think it would not hurt to give people some freedom. Relax control on them if you will."

Prime minister nodded as he leaned forward adopted much serious posture "I however do not share your optimism, Tribhuvan. This is not Great Britain; once we relax control, there will be one ending and that will this nation burning to the ground". There was a pause before he continued "that however is irrelevant, you need to follow the official line or there will be consequences. You see how easy it is for us to reach your family, one false move and I will repeat the incident at Kot."

Tribhuvan looked at him, mention of Kot obviously turning the conversation much more real. After consideration, he finally conceded for lives of his children "fine, I will no longer give public appearances unless approved by yourself."

Prime minister chuckled as he replied "Oh no, no Tribhuvan that is not what I want you to do. I want you to convince the people that we need more aggressive foreign policy stance, that current system is perfect and if anything we need enhance authority of the central government. Can you manage that?"

Tribhuvan looked horrified "fine, you just stay away from my family".

"Of course Tribhuvan, I would rather not hurt the Shahs; they have been good friends with us over generations".

"Thank you, now about Shobha?"

"She is destined for great things, Tribhuvan, I promise you. She will be tutored by myself to be a proper royal and I would like her to eventually married to Pashupathi Shamsher. With your permission of course", pretending that there was a choice on the matter.

"It would be my pleasure", stated Tribhuvan standing up as he obviously caught the pretence.

Mohan leaned forward to Tribhuvan, whispering in his ears "I know about India, dont even dare" as he walked off followed by Tribhuvan who walked down the stairs before riding a car back to his palace, determined to protect the family and prevent repeat of Kot and unsure about how information about conspiracy with India escaped.

Meanwhile, Shrī Tīn Mohan went down to his study considering the recent geopolitical situation. British withdrawal from India, collapse of the Raj and rise in polarity of the world. Finally he made the decision, a letter was to be sent to London.
नेपाल अधिराज्य
To: Prime Minister Clement Attlee of United Kingdom| CC: His Majesty The King George the Sixth| Subject: Sugauli Treaty and return of Indian territories| Urgency: Very High|
Secrecy: Omega

As you are aware prior to Anglo-Nepalese war of 1816 and ratification of the Sugauli treaty, Kingdom of Nepal had its borders incorporating a third larger territory than today. The people living in these territories are still Nepalese; they speak Nepalese language, they celebrate Nepalese festivals and share Nepalese culture. This fact was recognised by London even hundred and thirty four years ago as some of Terai lands were restored to Nepal in 1816 and once again in 1857.

Nepalese personnel have fought alongside British forces in Indian Sepoy Mutiny, Waziristhan War and Third Afghan War to defend the British Empire. In the great war, two hundred thousand Nepalese personnel fought part of the British Indian Army in addition to sixteen thousand who fought under our flag alongside British forces. In the second world war, sixteen Nepalese battalions fought against Japan on the Burmese front as well as two hundred fifty thousand who were recruited by British army and deployed globally. My own brother Sir Baber Shamsher fought with the British armed forces in the great war, and both his sons fought in the second world war alongside British armed forces with distinction. In addition despite our limited manpower, Nepal has continuously provided British Army with recruitment rights for Gurkhas within Nepalese borders since the early nineteenth century.

In light of the British withdrawal from India, long lasting close relations between two of our nations and in recognition of the sacrifice of Nepalese men for the British Empire throughout history, I would like to request that territorial alterations in its entirety made by Sugauli treaty be declared null thus recognising borders of Nepal to be status quo ante before Anglo-Nepalese War of 1814.

Thank you for your time and we hope to continue our long running relations in future.
Shrī Tīn Mohan Shamsher Jang Bahadur Rana, GCB, GCIE, GBE
Prime minister & Foreign minister for Kingdom of Nepal
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:42 pm

Madrid, Francoist Spain
Francisco Franco read through some reports on unimportant matters, passing the time while waiting for some of his political 'allies' to arrive. He was just filing away a report on Catalonian farming, when the door opened. Franco looked up and smiled, as four of the most high ranking Falangist leaders stepped in. Franco motioned to the chairs before him and they sat down. Manuel Hedilla, a very influential Falangist and the man who, a decade and a bit past, almost contested Franco's rulership, spoke first. "What is this about, Francisco?" Franco eyed him carefully and said, "Thank you all for coming. I realize it is quite short notice. I intended to speak with you four on the future of your movement in Spain."

The four shared a glance, and Ernesto Giménez Caballero, one of Falangism's pioneers, asked "What does our beloved Caudillo de España have in mind?" Franco pulled out a bottle of wine and offered it to the men, all declined. He then poured himself a glass, saying at the same time "Falangism was a great tool during the war against the Republicans. It was also a great tool during the early half of the last decade. I must thank you all for what you have done for Spain. But, Falangism is no longer the order of the day for this country." The men shuffled uneasily. Franco sipped his wine, before saying "I'm afraid, gentlemen, that Spain no longer needs you." Manuel stood up, saying "This is ridiculous! You can not do this to us!"

Franco said emotionlessly, "Your movement has been impeding Spain for half a decade. You are an old breed, a political dinosaur. Your movement does not evolve, it is destroyed." As he finished, armed guards stepped into the room, guns pointed at the four men. They were escorted out quietly. Franco sat back, sitting his wine and listening to the yells of the Falangists. A new era for Spain was about to begin, an era of prosperity. And Francisco would be the one to deliver this new era to the people of Spain.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples Republic of Tyrrania » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:46 pm

President Truman,
I understand that tensions between our two nations are high, considerably high considering that our two states are both armed with nuclear warheads, and I know that tensions are even higher between the two Koreas. Understanding what we and the world risks by having nuclear weapons aimed at one another, I ask that you reframe from invading North Korea in the case that they invade the South. I will not send aid unless you begin invading our allies lands, but you may send aid to the Southern defense. I am hoping that this letter gets to you in time to avoid the war, and I shall use this as leverage to hopefully calm the North Korean leadership. They are still armed by my forces, but the second they invade we will end our support. I hope that you realize that this is not out of fear of the United States, rather it is because of fear of a larger war.
From Stalin

As Stalin sent the telegram off, he went to the embassy of Mongolia offering to aid them in setting up military aid for North Korea. He knew that Russia should not be seen as the aid of a leader whom Stalin believed was frankly insane, but he did know that it was an opportunity. Stalin had pulled some strings in Mongolia and the nation soon begun gathering a small force of fifty thousand over a three month period to aid the North Korean advance in case war begun. This was made extremely secretively, but it allowed them to aid the invasion force.
Last edited by Democratic Peoples Republic of Tyrrania on Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Generation 35 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

Mifan
Minister

Founded: Nov 05, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Mifan » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:12 am

Havana, Cuba

Batista was sitting in his office. Ever since he was elected, Cuba has become a new nation. His policies helped the Cuban economy and fixed multiple problems in the nation. While poverty was still an issue, it was lowered to an low enough level that it wouldn't be too much of an issue any longer. He knew the Cold War was getting hotter and supported the U.S., though he didn't want to have Cuba fully involved. The navy was nonexistent and due to this, he ordered for the construction of two new destroyers that will enter service.
Last edited by Mifan on Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uh, they're called green hearts.

You racist.

Bulgar Rouge
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bulgar Rouge » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:15 am

The sky was slowly changing from velvet black to dark blue as the sunrise was nearing. The entire Shusui company had positioned themselves around the arms depot - even if they outnumbered the guards in something like 20:1, there would be a need for hands to take away the weapons cache. Captain Aso, the company's commander, was observing the movement of the 11 Korean guards. The troops of Shusui were not all armed, and those who did have weapons mostly had Arisaka rifles, a few Type 100 submachine guns and some Nambu pistols, along with a handful of American weapons bought on the black market. Speed would be crucial.

Captain Aso ordered the attack to commence by loudly clapping twice, the sound reverbating in the fields and woods. A third of the troops opened fire and immediately shot three of the Korean guards, while the rest of the guards managed to take cover. Two Shusui groups advanced to flank them, and another one proceeded to disable the radio mast to prevent them from calling for reinforcements. After a short firefight leaving one of the Japanese wounded and one more guard injured, the rest of the Korean guards surrendered and were taken prisoner.

The arms depot proved to be a gold mine - not only it had the amounts of weapons and ammunition reconnaissance had reported, but there were also light mortars, medical supplies, uniforms (including helmets) and some SCR-536 walkie-talkies. Captain Aso's men wasted no time in taking everything out. Once the depot was emptied, they headed back to the woods and proceeded to walk to their secret base. Now they could fight and impress future recruits with their gear.

Singaporean Transhumans wrote:I'm only saying that, well, even commies have reached the level of selling counterfeit and drugs in their storefronts, we can't be any less.

The Holy Therns wrote:Politicians make statements. It's their substitute for achievement.

Maharo
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Maharo » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:35 am

Yumeiyo wrote:Washington DC, United States of America
January, 1950

That cold January morning President Truman watched the garden of the White House from the window of the Oval Office. The snow that had fallen the previous showed no signs of melting in front of the warm sunshine. Thinking about the landscape in front of him, he could not help but think that the situation of the garden was the same the whole world.
An invisible blanket of snow covered the political relations for five years to that part. A cold since almost imperceptible fight. Truman sat across his desk with his secretary of state and friend. Dean Acheson
“Dean”, said Truman “I’m worried about Soviets. They are gaining too much influence at the global level. China has fallen into the hands of the Communists, the situation in Vietnam is degenerating, and a few weeks they were able to test their first atomic bomb. I'm afraid of what might happen.
Acheson sighed and said: "Unfortunately, they have managed to develop a nuclear program, Henry. We no longer have a monopoly of atomic power
Truman stared at the papers on his desk. There were reports of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and some intelligence reports. The Marshall Plan was proceeding as planned. Thousands of tons of commercial goods were being shipped overseas to revive the economies of European destroyed countries. In addition to deter them from entering the Soviet sphere of influence. "I wonder why," he said slightly irritated "Europeans are always combining disasters. Two world wars in the space of thirty years, an incredible expenditure of funds and resources to contain the Nazi threat, and because of them the Soviet empire has acquired more power than he had already. Quite incredible!
"Yes. But now we should be concerned rather the situation in Japan. Some reports indicate the emergence of an anti-American nationalist movement in the region. Taking into account that it is one of only two countries openly pro-American in the region, we cannot risk losing it.
"You're right," he said, taking a pen and paper "we have to intensify our presence in Southeast Asia. Call my staff, we must begin to ensure the fidelity of the nations closest to us.
The objectives were clear. The United States must obtain a complete coverage on the most sensitive regions of the globe, and at the same time ensure the loyalty of those already under its influence. Involved was the fate of the free world.

To: Philippines

Greetings President Elpidio Quirino. Our military command is noticing an increase of Soviet activities in the area of ​​South-east Asia. We know that you are alligned with our country's policies, and we thank you for this, but we want to make sure your support in the event of inevitable political changes in the area. For this reason we think that we could have better and most solid ties with trade agreements and military stronger than the current ones.
The State Department would ratify a treaty of free trade and free movement of goods, services and capital with your state.
If you will be willing to do that, we could also consider to include in the Treaty free movement of Filipino citizens in our country. We look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Dean Acheson, Secretary of State of the United States

President Elpidio Quirino was stressed: The state of the Country was in ruins. But with the help of the Americans, they were able to borrow money from the US & start the the reparation of the Philippines. He was reading unimportant messages such as "Roads rebuilt" & "Crops produced by _____ is ______". But then he came across something; A letter from the US. He then called in Douglas Macarthur. Field Marshal Douglas MacArthur then entered the room "What is this all about, Quirino?" McArthur said.

"It's a message from your President Truman" President Quirino said as he lit a cigar. He then proceeded to read the letter. "Well, well. Seems like the President is giving us a stronger army" Douglas MacArthur said. "Well it would surely benefit this Country" President Quirino said. "Alright, I will accept this offer." He said as he killed his cigar. "So what about those collaborators?" President Quirino said. "Most of them are taken care of" MacArthur said. "Alright" President Quirino responded.
To: US

Greetings!

We accept your Offers & would like to request something: We would like to ask assistance from you to rebuild our country & help us deal with the Communist "HUK" Movement. We Hope that you accept our offer. In return we will send expeditionary forces to Korea to help defend the Capitalist South Korea from the Communist North Korea.

Sincerely,

Secretary Francisco Bonifacio
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature
Male, 13, Filipino

ANNOUNCEMENT: WILL BE GONE FROM AUGUST13-15

Yumeiyo
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumeiyo » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:46 am

Tokyo - Japan occupied territory

General Douglas McArthur had just arrived at Haneda Army Air Base. Before the war it was the only airport of the city, but the American occupation forces seized it to serve as a base of operations in Japan. Mainly Haneda was a military and civilian transportation base used by the U.S. as a stop-over for C-54 transport planes departing San Francisco, en route to the Far East and returning flights, and also served as garrison for U.S. troops patrolling the city.It was a excellent base, and McArthur knew it. The occupation of Japan proceeded sent, as could be seen from dozens of soldier’s patrols around the city. After half an hour of his arrival he came to the palace Dai-Ichi Seimei Palace, a boxy but functional building in the center of Tokyo, used as central command of operations in Japan.
He went up on the top floor. A meeting was scheduled with some staff officers about some important logistical and military issues. The meeting focused on the recent insurgent activity in the Korean-Japanese soil and the Korean crisis. Douglas strictly observed his staff, then began to direct questions.
"What is the situation on the 38th parallel?"
One of the officers opened a folder bearing the logo of the CIA. It was an intelligence secret report. Various photographs accompanying the written text, all related to the topic of the report.
"We know that the North Korean army has been trained for months in mountain valleys on the border of China, or even in Manchuria, then in the middle of Chinese territory, and from the military point of view they are quite advantaged compared to our South Korean allies. However, we recorded only a few skirmishes on the border, but they are weak and routinely and South Korean troops have always been able to hold them without American support. "
"But what is the situation of our troops?"
"Stationary. Our fleet is deployed to intervene in South Korean waters, and we could use the island of Hainan as a base for incursions into enemy territory. However, we also have the issue of Taiwan. The island could be attacked by Chinese forces at any moment and could not resist the offensive.
McArthur pondered what to do. The situation in Japan was normalized even if the rumors about the alleged insurrectionary movement became more concrete, and China seemed too willing to expand into Taiwan. Korea could expected
"Give order to the Navy Command to prepare for the withdrawal of troops from Korea, and their subsequent deployment in Taiwan as soon as possible."
“Yes, sir" While the officer was about to call the navy command another one handed a report to the general. The report indicated that a Korean army depot was sacked after a raid on an unspecified assault.
"It might has guessed. The rumors about the rebel group are true. What was contained in that depot? "
"An arsenal sir. Light and heavy weapons, mortars, ammunition and equipment "
"Damn," he said, taking his pipe from his pocket. "They are armed. Branch a warning statement to all Americans subcommands within the territory of Korean , and do the same with the Japanese ones. We must not allow to be attacked unprepared. "

Eridel
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Eridel » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:18 am

Mao gazed pensively at the map that lay spread out before him. Several of his chief aides stood by. He felt frustrated; with a modernized military, he could take advantage of the international tension and grab some choice territories; but as it was, he felt crippled. The navy was composed of wooden junks; what existed of the air force was composed of Soviet planes; and the army, while gargantuan, also needed retrofitting. Chinese factories were beginning to churn out destroyers and transport planes, but Mao still felt things were moving too slowly. He would take advantage of all the resources he could get his hands on and make a move. A brash move, but a move that would make a statement to the world.

Mao laid his finger on the almond-shaped spot that was Taiwan and looked up expectantly at his aides. One of them stepped forward. "The forces guarding Taiwan are currently negligible, although that will most likely change soon, as it is a rather obvious target for us, and I would imagine that America and her allies would be anxious to keep us from obtaining it. If we are to take Taiwan, we should move as quickly and as quietly as possible."

Mao thought for a moment. "What forces do we have available?"

"Not many, Chairman. We could transport ground troops to Taiwan on old ships, as the journey is short, not more than 150 miles. If we need to move troops there fast, we have a few Soviet Tupolev transport planes. We can also deploy a squadron of J-2 fighters, which are the MiG-15s."

"How fast can we mobilize?"

"We can have the Tupolevs shuttling troops to Taiwan by tomorrow morning. The ships can move far more troops, but they will most likely not arrive in Taiwan for two days more. The J-2s can escort the Tupolevs. We should be able to get three or four thousand troops in by Tupolevs. Then, we have to hold out for two days until the ships arrive."

Mao nodded. "I approve."

The aides nodded, bowed, and stepped out of the room, leaving Mao alone, staring into the map. A cold wind blew in through the open window, reminding him that a storm was coming. Yes, a storm was coming, and it would not relent for a long while.
Come to Kotturheim!

Zenoch
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

State of Vietnam, French Union

Postby Zenoch » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:55 am

George Pierre fired his submachine gun, his target falling in a storm of blood and lead.
"Fall back! We can't hold them off!" His commanding officer ordered his unit. All around George, men were falling from the storm of bullets that was coming from their communist enemies.
The French troops Began to retreat, the Viet Minh in hot pursuit. Eventually, the Europeans made it out of the jungle into a clearing. The machines guns from the walls of the fort in the center of the clearing tore apart the persuing soldiers.
For the moment, the French were safe.

Phnom Penh, French Cambodia
"Our troops are quickly being forced out of Vietnam. We cannot hold off the communists." General Etienne said. The military commanders of French Indochina had gathered to discuss the fate of the French Union in Asia.
"We need to pull out of Vietnam. Concentrate our forces in Camodia and make a stronghold here. Then, we may be able to return to Vietnam in an organized counter attack." Another commander said. They talked for a while longer, and a decision was made. The French troops in Vietnam would slowly pull out, gathering all assets and making sure no weapons were left behind to be stolen by the communists.

Paris, France
News of the series of defeats in Southeast Asia had reached Paris. The decision was made to prepare a force of 5,000 troops to be sent to Cambodia, along with a substantial force of ships. A message was sent to the United States.
To: The USA
The French government requests aide in Vietnam, we fear the spread of communism in this area could drive the regions of Laos and Cambodia to become communist.

Yumeiyo
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumeiyo » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:00 pm

Washington DC, United States of America

The White House was in turmoil. President Truman called an extraordinary meeting with his Cabinet. The Secretary of State Dean Acheson and Secretary of Defense Robert Lovett sat at his side, ready to recommend policies to be taken, and also other ministers were excited about the reverse evolution of the situation. Truman had received a reassuring response from the Philippine government, but they had requested their military aid to suppress a revolutionary group. It would not be a so onerous demand if other three conflict scenarios were opened in the same area, all of strategic importance.
The distress of the French could not be ignored, but, the Chinese attack on Taiwan was imminent, and the situation in Korea deteriorated more and more. General McArthur was moving his troops in defense of Taiwan, but in this way four fronts out of five were left unprotected . The situation called for an immediate stance.
"We are dealing with five scenarios of vital importance. If even one of them falling into the hands of the Communists we could risk a domino effect in the entire Asian region. We can not allow that! What do you propose to do? "asked the president vehemently, expecting concrete proposals
Robert Lovett took the word "Pacific Command could take the initiative for military mobilization and deployment of the Seventh Fleet, and that will exclude a large part of the responsibility of military maneuvers, at least in the Pacific. Indochina instead is a problem. We should deploy our troops on the ground, and it would dial substantial funds and resources.
"Not to mention" Acheson added, "that fragment our efforts on five fronts would be an unforgivable tactical mistake."
Truman took the Philippine message. He thought that in the end they did not need the intervention of the American army to suppress the rebels. Providing better equipment would be enough”
"Can we send military equipment and advisers in the Philippines rather than engage in sending our troops?" asked the president
"It would certainly be an option to not discard. Indeed, doing so we probably also would avoid giving a bad image to the international community. Also we can take advantage of the free trade agreement to facilitate the sending of materials. "
"Perfect. With regard to the command of operations in Indochina and Taiwan, Lovvet, do you think the PACOM can manage logistics operations? "
"Without a doubt. Please note that these parts we have McArthur. He knows his stuff "
"Great. So it is decided that we will send military aid to the Philippines, and we will deploy some divisions in Cambodia. Rather, I’m concerned about Taiwan. What reports say about the situation there? "
"China is preparing for the invasion. Unfortunately they are already in place the offensive maneuvers. I do not think that the fleet of McArthur will arrive in time "
"Well, make sure that you get there. We must defend Taiwan at all costs "

United States Pacific Command

To: France

The United States of America have received your request for help, and expressed a positive opinion about sending our troops in your colonies. The PACOM will deploy the Seventh Fleet in your possessions in Vietnam and Cambodia, and will assume command of the colonial troops stationed there. The PACOM will act in full autonomy and independence from any other military command, but claims that the French military command work with it to achieve a quick and effective resolution of the situation. We hope for your cooperation.

Bulgar Rouge
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bulgar Rouge » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:35 pm

Captain Aso's unit was now heavily armed with the latest available weaponry. General Hotta was impressed by the near-flawless operation, and wholeheartedly decided to promote Aso to major.

"From this point on, major, consider yourself to be a battalion commander. Our agents have made propaganda materials and are recruiting new troops from the Japanese minorities here in Korea. We'll stay low until we gather 600 men, after which we will begin a new, larger operation and transfer some supplies to our agents in Japan so they can establish armed companies there as well. Your force has now expanded to 320, but expect new ones in the next few weeks."

Understood, general. I will go inspect the troops. The men saluted each other, and Aso went out of the improvised planning room.

General Hotta was left alone with his thoughts. Now was not the time for large-scale operations - no matter how bad Rhee's army was, they were still vastly superior in terms of weapons and numbers. But those troops were useless without their commanders...maybe it was time to assassinate southern Korea's Chief of Staff and top brass, and the agents already had experience with some operations of this kind...
Last edited by Bulgar Rouge on Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zenoch
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Postby Zenoch » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:07 pm

The French Union had 100,000 troops in total stationed in Southeast Asia. Most of them were native to the area, but still loyal to their commanders. These commanders were discussing the vents that had taken place since their last meeting.
"The support from the US will be greatly appreciated. But I do hope they respect the fact that WE are still in charge of the area." Pierre said.
"Yes, but we need to return the favor. The US cannot get to Taiwan in time to stop a Chinese invasion. I feel we need to send troops to the island. Maybe even put some navy in the area." Etienne added.
The council decided to send 5,000 French troops to Taiwan, they would be supported by 115 tanks, 10 artillery pieces, and 2 destroyers in the area. The troops should be in position in three days.

Hue, Vietnam
All French forces in Vietnam had pulled south to the city. 25,000 troops were positioned in the city and surrounding area. 30,000 troops were in Laos, with the remainder of the troops in Cambodia or south Vietnam. The french had a total of 2,000 tanks in South East Asia, along with 200 artillery pieces. The small navy of 5 destroyer's and 2 missile cruisers were positioned in the gulf of Thailand.

Eridel
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Eridel » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:26 am

The J-2s slashed through the ominous gray sky above Taipei as the Tupolevs unloaded their troops. The Tupolevs were arriving at staggered intervals, so that there was always at least one plane unloading, one plane arriving, and one plane departing to reload and return. So far, 2500 troops had been landed. They marched through the streets, setting up gun nests on rooftops and in tall buildings. There was none of the casual joking or laughter that usually accompanies ground troops; instead, a smothering silence lay over the streets, and the troops set up quickly and deliberately.

A young officer in a dark coat came running into Mao's office. "Chairman, an urgent report."

Mao looked up.

"We have reports that the American fleet, led by MacArthur, is moving towards Taiwan from the north. It will not get there in time, but the French are also sending two destroyers with a few thousand men and artillery from the south. These ships will arrive in Taiwan the same day that our wooden fleet will arrive carrying 8,000 troops. Assuming that our fleet arrives and has time to set up before the French arrive, which is doubtful, we will still not be able to hold out against both the French and the American fleets, which will arrive within two days afterwards."

Mao leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes. He had expected that Americans would retaliate, but he had not foreseen that the French would aid them. After all, the French were already busy in Vietnam and Cambodia, where they were failing miserably. But he had made his decision to invade, and there was no backing out now. He looked at the officer. "Do we have any ships or planes that are not urgently needed elsewhere?"

"No, sir."

"You mean to say that there are no working ships or planes anywhere in China?"

"N-not military ones, no, sir."

"Whoever said they need to be military? I want you to get out there and stick troops on every scrap of metal or wood capable of making it to Taiwan. Fishing boats, cargo ships, passenger planes - you have my permission to use any and every vehicle you can get your hands on."

The officer nodded nervously. "Y-yes, Chairman." He bowed and left.
Come to Kotturheim!

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples Republic of Tyrrania » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:01 pm

In order to defend Communism inside Europe, Stalin is to begin sending two hundred MiG 9s to our allies in Eastern Europe. The aircraft will be accompanied with the agreement by the Russian government to send the blueprints and allow building of MiG 3s inside the countries. This deal shall not be secret and we will be upfront with our intentions. Capitalist influence has encroached on our territory, even if not encroaching with malice, as shown by Yugoslavia.

In order to aid the Maoist invasion of Taiwan, the Soviet Union will also be sending fifty MiG 9 and one hundred and fifty of the newly designed MiG 15's. We will also begin sending a section of the fleet to defend the island of Taiwan in the case of a naval attack on our Chinese allies.

Yumeiyo
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumeiyo » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:58 am

Taiwan territorial waters, McArthur's Fleet

The fleet of McArthur was finally in sight of the island. 15 Forrest Sherman-class destroyers, 5 Norfolk-class cruiser 2 Baltimore-class cruisers were the American fleet en route to Taiwan. The radar had already reported enemy aircraft movements on the island, and it presaged that the Chinese had already started the offensive maneuvers. The general was nervous, but , as he mulled over what he would do once coming in contact with the Chinese fleet an officer called his attention.
An encrypted message had arrived from the French military command. The general readed the telegram, and approved its contents. The French command, understanding that the Americans would not have reached the island in time, had sent a fleet to Taiwan to block the Chinese offensive by sea. The lookouts signaled the sighting of two destroyers flying the French flag. The Americans could esulture: even if the Chinese had invaded the island with commandos, they could not be reached by reinforcements by sea. The Taiwanese troops would have been able to react against the attack on its territory.
The American fleet sided with the French Embassy, creating a blockade in front of the island. When the Chinese fleet met the block stopped. Neither side had received orders to shoot at the enemy, and so the situation went into a stall. On one hand Chinese reinforcements stuck, on the other one the commandos on the island cut off from escape routes. McArthur would wait for the evolution of the situation. He had no intention of causing the opponent's attack, but he was sure that they would be tired and would withdraw its troops.

Kampong Som, Cambodia

The Seventh fleet arrived at their destination. 5000 marines, with 200 tanks, 100 trucks and 50 reconnaissance jeeps landed in the port of Kampong Som, aided by the French The command of PACOM settled in the port a beachhead and began operations with the French military.

USA

The United States is undergoing a period of prosperous growth, but also of paranoia. Many are the utterances unfavorable to communism and dissent towards the Soviet Union . The Vice President Alben W. Barkley announced publicly his hatred of communism and socialism , and called on all Americans to seek subversive elements in their territory. A number of anti- Communist committees , panels, and " loyalty review boards " in federal , state, and Local Governments , as well as many private agencies the carried out investigations for small and large companies concerned about possible Communists infiltration in their work force . The labor secretary Maurice J. Tobin has embarked on a campaign of counter-espionage within the companies linked to the interests of national security and military affairs , seating FBI and CIA to preside special committees of control. Scientific research proceeds apace in the areas of energy and electronics, while trudging in the industrial and organic. It is expected, however, major advances in modern electronics, which would greatly increase the capacity of the American offensive.

Shimane
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shimane » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:17 am

NORTH KOREA DECLARES WAR ON SOUTH KOREA!

After repeated violations of the border and skirmishes dragged on for almost a year , along with some strange killings of South Korean army officers by unknown , the North Korean army , with 350,000 men, 500 tanks and 2,000 artillery pieces trained for months , on the orders of Kim Il -sung , have opened up a powerful and continuous artillery fire on the south Korean defensive positions starting at 04:00 in the morning of Sunday, June 25, 1950 , taking advantage of the rainy day. In a few months the North Korean troops were able to penetrate deep into South Korean territory , coming to threaten to occupy Busan , South Korea's last stronghold . Under a UN mandate , the United States of America began military operations to assist the army survivors, and now they have started to regain lost ground . The USSR don’t just stand and look on, and began to send supplies and weapons to the North Koreans , increasing even more their offensive capability , while China has deployed its troops on the border. One year after the start of the offensive , the situation is deadlocked , with no one of the five contenders have seriously considered a true counter-offensive.

TAIWAN STILL INDIPENDENT

Taiwan risked being incorporated in the Republic of China last spring , when Chairman Mao Zedong declared his intentions to occupy the island , to free it from the capitalist game . Thanks to its proximity to the Chinese territory , Mao launched an offensive on two fronts, one by sea and one by air, parachuting soldiers inside the island. However, the operation skipped when a French fleet , in response to U.S. aid sent in its colonies , was deployed in defense of the island , preventing the arrival of reinforcements from China. A U.S. fleet then joined the French fleet, and the joint fleets thus created a blockade that prevented the Chinese ships to dock in Taiwan. After several days of clashes in the island Chinese survivors paratroopers surrendered , and the French-American fleet has agreed that some Chinese transport ships recover their men remained stranded on the island , and they withdrew. The invasion failed.

INDOCHINA STILL A MESS!

Despite the arrival of the Seventh Fleet in Cambodia, the French troops continue to lose ground in Vietnam. The Vietnamese guerrillas are inflicting serious losses in the ranks of the French, while Cambodia still remain a colonial stronghold. The two joint military commands are reviewing strategies to combat in Vietnam, but the scenarios are less and less encouraging.

NEPAL ON THE ROAD OF INDIPENDENCE

Shrī Tīn Mohan Shamsher Jang Bahadur Rana, Prime minister and Foreign minister of Nepal has requested that territorial alterations ade by Sugauli treaty should be declared null thus recognising borders of Nepal to be status quo ante before Anglo-Nepalese War of 1814.
The British government has not yet responded to the request, and there are no prognostic sure on the situation’s evolution.

USSR BORDERS STRONGER THAN EVER

The Soviet Union has decided to make it big when he sent dozens of MiG 3 and planes blueprints to his allies in Eastern Europe to help strengthen the borders and defend Communism within Europe. According to Foreign Minister Dmitri Shepilov, this act is considered as the USSR will help all allied countries and also show their good intentions to them. Since the delivery of blueprints all the allied states have begun to build fleets of Mig, making sure the boundaries of their states, and indirectly the USSR.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples Republic of Tyrrania » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:45 am

NORTH KOREA
After American interventionism set its sights on the oppressive dictatorship that is running the island Taiwan, the USSR has hereby vowed to allow any force that is willing to aid the North Koreans through the border and into the country. The most important of these immediately is the military force coming from our proud allies in Mongolia, while their full force is currently only twenty thousand Mongolians, they will send seven thousand. Added to this are many of the Eastern European and Asian states, standing at an average of two thousand troops each, end up standing at a combined twenty three well trained troops. The USSR states no affiliation to the invasion, but asks for the United States to not force its involvement.
Last edited by Democratic Peoples Republic of Tyrrania on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bulgar Rouge
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bulgar Rouge » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:46 am

General Hotta was realising that South Korea was no more. This was an excellent opportunity - if the Communists captured the entire peninsula, an American invasion would become imminent, and would drag China, the US and the Soviets in a prolongued and possibly devastating atomic war. North Korea's intelligence had failed to discover the few agents IRAA had in the North, so they were of no concern.

Decisive action was already being prepared. Two agents had placed a powerful bomb along the bridge where a vehicle column carrying the Chief of Staff and several Korean generals would pass as their HQ was relocating because of the rapidly advancing North Koreans. Once the agents spotted the vehicles, the bomb was detonated and the Chief of Staff's vehicle disappeared in a cloud of fire, smoke and debris.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples Republic of Tyrrania » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:59 am

Bulgar Rouge wrote:General Hotta was realising that South Korea was no more. This was an excellent opportunity - if the Communists captured the entire peninsula, an American invasion would become imminent, and would drag China, the US and the Soviets in a prolongued and possibly devastating atomic war. North Korea's intelligence had failed to discover the few agents IRAA had in the North, so they were of no concern.

Decisive action was already being prepared. Two agents had placed a powerful bomb along the bridge where a vehicle column carrying the Chief of Staff and several Korean generals would pass as their HQ was relocating because of the rapidly advancing North Koreans. Once the agents spotted the vehicles, the bomb was detonated and the Chief of Staff's vehicle disappeared in a cloud of fire, smoke and debris.

North Korea
The twenty thousand soldiers in Siberia, whom had been sent their in the case of a United States attack, came down into North Korea. Their goal is to keep order in North Korea and avoid any future attacks, and will soon be aided by a reinforcement group of fifty thousand who will be coming from Moscow. The USSR promises not to aid the attack on South Korea, but will instead solely be in the country to aid in keeping order. The first of the Mongolian army are to begin moving into the advance against South Korea, but we once again wish no affiliation with the attack.
Last edited by Democratic Peoples Republic of Tyrrania on Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maharo
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Maharo » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:46 am

President Quirino was not-reelected for a second term, Instead the presidency was won Carlos P. Garcia. He received the equipment & advisers sent by the US. President Garcia talked with the new & old advisers on whether they should send help to the Koreans "I say we still continue it!" Said One Adviser. "No! Send it to China Instead!" Another adviser objected. "Well how about we send it to Indochina?" One American Adviser responded. "Well, what do you think?" said President Quirino to VP Magsaysay. "Well I say we go for the Indochina suggestion" he responded. "All right, I have made the decision. We will instead send our forces to Indochina" Said President Garcia. The army was then set out to Indochina
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature
Male, 13, Filipino

ANNOUNCEMENT: WILL BE GONE FROM AUGUST13-15

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse