NATION

PASSWORD

IPO

The NationStates Share Offer! Buy! Sell! Buy! Sell again!
Attalantis
Civilian

Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

IPO

Postby Attalantis » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:39 pm

Thanks Max! For getting some hopes up. We knew the IPO was a pretty obvious hoax, not well executed, but we'd hoped the nations and site members would end up with more control and user friendliness. Turning out that we were just being played with, wasn't cool. We love the game, we just wish you would've gone about the IPO joke a different way.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:41 pm

Attalantis wrote:Thanks Max! For getting some hopes up. We knew the IPO was a pretty obvious hoax, not well executed, but we'd hoped the nations and site members would end up with more control and user friendliness. Turning out that we were just being played with, wasn't cool. We love the game, we just wish you would've gone about the IPO joke a different way.

Okay, see, every year there's an April Fools joke here. One year NSG was divided up into a Liberal half and a Conservative half and you had to run back and forth between them. I honestly can't remember what the others were. The point is, it was a joke, an obvious joke, and people had a lot of fun with it. I mean, did you really think you were being given real shares in a real IPO, and that this had been kept a secret?
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Georgizm
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Georgizm » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:41 pm

Attalantis wrote:Thanks Max! For getting some hopes up. We knew the IPO was a pretty obvious hoax, not well executed, but we'd hoped the nations and site members would end up with more control and user friendliness. Turning out that we were just being played with, wasn't cool. We love the game, we just wish you would've gone about the IPO joke a different way.

Who is we?
The mods edited my sig because they are fascists.

Vitius
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vitius » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:45 pm

What could Max have done differently? I've only been around for three April Fool's jokes, but this was the best I've ever seen.

The only thing ol' Barry could've done differently is kept the IPO deal going. Even if it did create TONS of endless spam, this would probably die down eventually.

The IPO was sort of like an in-game currency that grew intoto much more, leading to exchanges of hot pictures, requested drawings, trading nations, etc., for shares.
Last edited by Vitius on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bambi Praxis wrote:
4years wrote:Hitler was worse, but I hate stalin more.

Maintain the rage! Spell the bastard's name without a capital letter, that will settle the score!
Proud Reform Jew

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:48 pm

Who actually thought this to be an actual share offering and got their hopes up?
Because, I have got a new company where you can buy hundreds of shares...
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Attlantes
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Relax!

Postby Attlantes » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:08 pm

Relax, guys, he was just joking. He wasn't mad. He's a huge fan of Max's. Apparently that's the problem with forums, no one can tell mood. No one bothers to read into what you're writing and assumes you're mad. He's not. It's called dry sarcasm. And, I think, "we" means the citizens of his nation.

Internetia
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Internetia » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:40 pm

Great Nepal wrote:Who actually thought this to be an actual share offering and got their hopes up?
Because, I have got a new company where you can buy hundreds of shares...

I originally thought this was an actual share offering.

And what is this "company" you're talking about where you can buy shares?

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to IPO