NATION

PASSWORD

[NSGS] New Democrats HQ

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Heraklea-
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Heraklea- » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:43 pm

New Werpland wrote:Ok I've made an attempt at fixing up the Militia incorporation act in the below spoiler, what do y'all think?

Militia incorporation Act

Author:Clemond Abaroa(LDP)
Sponsors: "Great Nepal" (FDU)
To preserve the peace in Calaverde.

Section 1: Definitions
Treasonable Militia - Militias that refuse to be incorporated into the National Armed Forced.

Loyal Militia - Militias that follow the law, and agree to be incorporated into the National Armed Forces.

Section 2: Policy on Treasonable Militias
From here on Treasonable militias are illegal, and considered enemies of the state until they lay down all firearms.

Section 3: Incorporation of Loyal Militias
A. Militias that wish to be incorporated into the military must follow the rulings below.
    1. The militias must set up a temporary but long term camps in regions as agreed upon by the government and the militia leaders, away from any major populated cities. Jurisdiction for the camp site is shared between the militia and the government.
    2. The weapons of the militias are kept in secure containers in a mutually agreed location only accessible with two codes one provided to the militia commander and one to the government. Jurisdiction for the storage locations is shared between the militia and the government and no access for any individual is permitted without written consent from both parties and both parties have right to be present during such access.
    3. Whilst in the camps, government will provide rations and other facilities as it would should it have been a military base with obvious exception of weaponry and munitions.
    4. A special commission composed of representatives of the government, the military, the militia commanders, and the militia members will oversee the integration process and make any arrangement with regards to disagreements or negotiations. The commission will also make determination with regards to pay during the time in the camp.
    5. Within the deadlines agreed upon by the special commission, the military will carry out physical, psychological and other tests as it would with recruits to classify into: integration into army proper, integration into a reserve unit or discharge.
B. After all above steps for incorporation have been carried out by the members of the militia, and National Armed Forces personnel, the Loyal militia is by law no longer a militia but a part of the National Armed Forces, and is thus liable to all rulings considering the National Armed Forces
C. There will be a Deadline of 6 months from the passing of the bill in which the Militias that claim to wish to be incorporated, must begin the incorporation process, after 6 months all remaining non incorporated militias will be deemed as treasonable, by law the government must warn such militia of the deadline at least 3 times before deeming them enemies of the state for going over the deadline.

As the Minister of Defense, I do not believe this to be a workable solution at this time.

New Werpland
Senator

Founded: Dec 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Werpland » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:46 pm

Heraklea- wrote:
New Werpland wrote:Ok I've made an attempt at fixing up the Militia incorporation act in the below spoiler, what do y'all think?

Militia incorporation Act

Author:Clemond Abaroa(LDP)
Sponsors: "Great Nepal" (FDU)
To preserve the peace in Calaverde.

Section 1: Definitions
Treasonable Militia - Militias that refuse to be incorporated into the National Armed Forced.

Loyal Militia - Militias that follow the law, and agree to be incorporated into the National Armed Forces.

Section 2: Policy on Treasonable Militias
From here on Treasonable militias are illegal, and considered enemies of the state until they lay down all firearms.

Section 3: Incorporation of Loyal Militias
A. Militias that wish to be incorporated into the military must follow the rulings below.
    1. The militias must set up a temporary but long term camps in regions as agreed upon by the government and the militia leaders, away from any major populated cities. Jurisdiction for the camp site is shared between the militia and the government.
    2. The weapons of the militias are kept in secure containers in a mutually agreed location only accessible with two codes one provided to the militia commander and one to the government. Jurisdiction for the storage locations is shared between the militia and the government and no access for any individual is permitted without written consent from both parties and both parties have right to be present during such access.
    3. Whilst in the camps, government will provide rations and other facilities as it would should it have been a military base with obvious exception of weaponry and munitions.
    4. A special commission composed of representatives of the government, the military, the militia commanders, and the militia members will oversee the integration process and make any arrangement with regards to disagreements or negotiations. The commission will also make determination with regards to pay during the time in the camp.
    5. Within the deadlines agreed upon by the special commission, the military will carry out physical, psychological and other tests as it would with recruits to classify into: integration into army proper, integration into a reserve unit or discharge.
B. After all above steps for incorporation have been carried out by the members of the militia, and National Armed Forces personnel, the Loyal militia is by law no longer a militia but a part of the National Armed Forces, and is thus liable to all rulings considering the National Armed Forces
C. There will be a Deadline of 6 months from the passing of the bill in which the Militias that claim to wish to be incorporated, must begin the incorporation process, after 6 months all remaining non incorporated militias will be deemed as treasonable, by law the government must warn such militia of the deadline at least 3 times before deeming them enemies of the state for going over the deadline.

As the Minister of Defense, I do not believe this to be a workable solution at this time.

Why?

Heraklea-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Heraklea- » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:54 pm

New Werpland wrote:
Heraklea- wrote:As the Minister of Defense, I do not believe this to be a workable solution at this time.

Why?

While Loyal Militias should certainly be brought under governmental control, we don't have the resources to simultaneously supply the militias and begin the process of rebuilding our own military, especially with my plans to make it a modern fighting force. Besides, the current standing military is already largely made up of former militia fighters. Those that remain in the militias are unlikely to transition to regular forces at this point. Our focus should be getting our regulars to the point where they can stand up and take the watch so that the militias can stand down.

New Werpland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Werpland » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:25 pm

Heraklea- wrote:
New Werpland wrote:Why?

While Loyal Militias should certainly be brought under governmental control, we don't have the resources to simultaneously supply the militias and begin the process of rebuilding our own military, especially with my plans to make it a modern fighting force. Besides, the current standing military is already largely made up of former militia fighters. Those that remain in the militias are unlikely to transition to regular forces at this point. Our focus should be getting our regulars to the point where they can stand up and take the watch so that the militias can stand down.

The bill doesn't require loyal militias to be supplied with weapons by the National Armed forces.

"3. Whilst in the camps, government will provide rations and other facilities as it would should it have been a military base with obvious exception of weaponry and munitions. "
Last edited by New Werpland on Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heraklea-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Heraklea- » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:30 pm

New Werpland wrote:
Heraklea- wrote:While Loyal Militias should certainly be brought under governmental control, we don't have the resources to simultaneously supply the militias and begin the process of rebuilding our own military, especially with my plans to make it a modern fighting force. Besides, the current standing military is already largely made up of former militia fighters. Those that remain in the militias are unlikely to transition to regular forces at this point. Our focus should be getting our regulars to the point where they can stand up and take the watch so that the militias can stand down.

The bill doesn't require loyal militias to be supplied with weapons by the National Armed forces.

"3. Whilst in the camps, government will provide rations and other facilities as it would should it have been a military base with obvious exception of weaponry and munitions. "

That's what I'm talking about. Rations and other facilities, such as electrical generators, uniforms, etc. all cost money that could be better used rebuilding our military into a professional fighting force. These forces already have much of these but those will under go wear and tear and eventually require replacement. The government has enough responsibilities, especially with building a modern fighting force, without supplying groups that are not under direct governmental control with even non-weaponry assets.

Mollary
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mollary » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:18 am

By the way, would everyone else agree to reducing the number of tax bands somewhat? The budget the coalition has proposed or passed already (I'm not quite up to speed...) had far too many income tax brackets, and would potentially cause funding problems.
Good stuff
Apathy
Bad things

Calimera II
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 03, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Calimera II » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:19 am

Mollary wrote:By the way, would everyone else agree to reducing the number of tax bands somewhat? The budget the coalition has proposed or passed already (I'm not quite up to speed...) had far too many income tax brackets, and would potentially cause funding problems.

I agree, it would also simplify things.

Britanno 2
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno 2 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:41 am

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=338226

We'll do policy discussion here.
Centre-left Social Democrat
Admin in the NSGS Senate
Senator Huang Diem of the Labour Party

Battlion
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:55 am

Calimera II wrote:
Mollary wrote:By the way, would everyone else agree to reducing the number of tax bands somewhat? The budget the coalition has proposed or passed already (I'm not quite up to speed...) had far too many income tax brackets, and would potentially cause funding problems.

I agree, it would also simplify things.

It's not a budget, it's proposed tax changes...

I'm open to reducing the amount of tax bands, but the alternatives are moving people into a higher or lower tax band... Under the plan an overwhelming majority of people have their overall tax cut, changes could change that.

Britanno 2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno 2 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:56 am

Battlion wrote:changes could change that.

Really? :p
Admin in the NSGS Senate

Battlion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:59 am

Britanno 2 wrote:
Battlion wrote:changes could change that.

Really? :p

You know what I'm getting at, I don't want to have a tax increase on those already paying enough....

Just a note, if we removed the 58% marginal rate the expansion of the 0% rate becomes unaffordable so if you're at all thinking of removing that then we'll have to scale back the 0% rate which I don't want to do at all.

Britanno 2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno 2 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:46 pm

Battlion wrote:You know what I'm getting at, I don't want to have a tax increase on those already paying enough....

Just a note, if we removed the 58% marginal rate the expansion of the 0% rate becomes unaffordable so if you're at all thinking of removing that then we'll have to scale back the 0% rate which I don't want to do at all.

You have a link to the budget?
Admin in the NSGS Senate

Arkolon
Powerbroker

Founded: May 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkolon » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:43 am

Britanno 2 wrote:
Battlion wrote:You know what I'm getting at, I don't want to have a tax increase on those already paying enough....

You have a link to the budget?

Ark to the rescue!
"Revisionism is nothing else than a theoretic generalisation made from the angle of the isolated capitalist. Where does this viewpoint belong theoretically if not in vulgar bourgeois economics?"
Rosa Luxemburg

Britanno 2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno 2 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:13 am

Muchas gracias. Has the government committed to spending plans legislative wise?
Admin in the NSGS Senate

Battlion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:43 pm

Britanno 2 wrote:

Muchas gracias. Has the government committed to spending plans legislative wise?

Not yet, but I'm assured that existing revenue does cover everything already passed.

Once we get the FRA out the way I want to do a big proper budget on spending etc.

Britanno 2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno 2 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:43 pm

Battlion wrote:Once we get the FRA out the way I want to do a big proper budget on spending etc.

How can you forumalate tax plans when you don't know how much you need to spend?
Admin in the NSGS Senate

Lykens
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lykens » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:55 pm

Britanno 2 wrote:
Battlion wrote:Once we get the FRA out the way I want to do a big proper budget on spending etc.

How can you forumalate tax plans when you don't know how much you need to spend?

He's been bugging just about every minister to send him preliminary amounts.
Looking for a decent RP region to join? Try Greater Olympus.

Good people, Active RPs, Great Maps.

Greater Olympus is always looking for more dastardly democracies, maniacal monarchies, contemptible commies, and glorious failed states of all sizes to join our group!

Battlion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:59 pm

Lykens wrote:
Britanno 2 wrote:How can you forumalate tax plans when you don't know how much you need to spend?

He's been bugging just about every minister to send him preliminary amounts.

This

Britanno 2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno 2 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:19 pm

Battlion wrote:This

I get that it isn't your fault that you don't know how much you need to spend, but I don't get why you make your tax plan before you know.
Admin in the NSGS Senate

Lykens
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lykens » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:20 pm

Britanno 2 wrote:
Battlion wrote:This

I get that it isn't your fault that you don't know how much you need to spend, but I don't get why you make your tax plan before you know.

To be prepared?
Looking for a decent RP region to join? Try Greater Olympus.

Good people, Active RPs, Great Maps.

Greater Olympus is always looking for more dastardly democracies, maniacal monarchies, contemptible commies, and glorious failed states of all sizes to join our group!

Britanno 2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno 2 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:31 pm

Lykens wrote:To be prepared?

But he doesn't know how much he has to raise.
Admin in the NSGS Senate

Battlion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:01 pm

Britanno 2 wrote:
Lykens wrote:To be prepared?

But he doesn't know how much he has to raise.

I have an idea on how much we already had on the PRA and the ARA (When that get's passed), the proposals I'm using are to bolster spending on Health, Education, Welfare and infrastructure more than the rest.

Armeia
Minister

Founded: Nov 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:03 pm

Have any of you checked out my immigration bill? Any suggested changes?
Armeia: Nordic/Germanic/Japanese nation with a quite corrupt government and a militaristic society.
Sporting Achievements: Emperor's Cup I champions, Emperor's Cup II runner ups, U-18 World Cup I Third Place

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:07 pm

Armeia wrote:Have any of you checked out my immigration bill? Any suggested changes?

Where is it?
I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. ― William S. Burroughs

New Werpland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Werpland » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:45 pm

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Armeia wrote:Have any of you checked out my immigration bill? Any suggested changes?

Where is it?

My bill is in the coffee shop, if it really is that bad I wouldn't mind someone telling me that it is.
Last edited by New Werpland on Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives