NATION

PASSWORD

NSG Senate Chamber [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Finium
Senator

Founded: Nov 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Finium » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:03 am

New Waterford wrote:Also, seeing as the SGSPEA was passed, has anyone been appointed as proof-reader yet?

I would also be happy to proofread, though I think that a panel might be better than a single reader.
big chungus, small among us

New Waterford
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Waterford » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:06 am

Finium wrote:
New Waterford wrote:Also, seeing as the SGSPEA was passed, has anyone been appointed as proof-reader yet?

I would also be happy to proofread, though I think that a panel might be better than a single reader.

Of course.
Economic Left/Right: -8.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.49
Now known IC'ly as An Déise.

Rumostan
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rumostan » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:07 am

Finium wrote:

I agree with this and to the other point about the comma, that proves that even some one who could become a proof reader, needs to be checked.

If we have a panel of proof readers, we can make sure that none of the proof readers try to change the bill for their purposes and we can all check for mistakes made by the other proof readers.
Senator Alex Johnson- Senator for The National Liberal Party and Senator for the constituency of Lüten (96)
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.26
Why don't you take a look at the nations fact book (still being completed) to get a taste of what it is like in the Sultanate?
I am a non practising Sunni Muslim
Lelouch is amazing and should be a god
I am a Conservative (UK)

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:08 am

Rumostan wrote:
Finium wrote:I would also be happy to proofread, though I think that a panel might be better than a single reader.

I agree with this and to the other point about the comma, that proves that even some one who could become a proof reader, needs to be checked.

If we have a panel of proof readers, we can make sure that none of the proof readers try to change the bill for their purposes and we can all check for mistakes made by the other proof readers.

Makes sense to me. All those who just volunteered want to get started on the small buisness assistance act?
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

The Grumpy Cat wrote:Their very existence... makes me sick.
After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Senator Willem de Ruyter of the Civic Reform Party

Rumostan
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rumostan » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:09 am

Byzantium Imperial wrote:
Rumostan wrote:

Makes sense to me. All those who just volunteered want to get started on the small buisness assistance act?

Ok.

EDIT: Is the act on the queue?
Last edited by Rumostan on Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Senator Alex Johnson- Senator for The National Liberal Party and Senator for the constituency of Lüten (96)
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.26
Why don't you take a look at the nations fact book (still being completed) to get a taste of what it is like in the Sultanate?
I am a non practising Sunni Muslim
Lelouch is amazing and should be a god
I am a Conservative (UK)

Fulflood
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fulflood » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:42 am

I'll help to check through it (I volunteered).
Last edited by Fulflood on Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
I go under the name Vyvland now (IIWiki page). This account is used for the odd foray into the Senate or NSG.
Straight male British apatheist pacifist environmentalist social liberal

Admin, New Democrat member for Lüborg (504) and ambassador to the Red-Greens in the Aurentine Senate. Minister of Business Safety of Aurentina. Apparently that deserves a ministry, but I'm not complaining. I'm probably none of these things anymore. | The Aurentine Phrasebook, my magnum opus.

Free South Califas
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:44 am

Fulflood wrote:
Resora wrote:If you're not willing to negotiate, Wolfmanne, don't expect a lot of support from the left.

It won't get a lot of support from the right if he amends it though.

All that is necessary is to remove this discriminatory passage condemning people born transsexual to debt slavery:
"(iv) Non-critical medical procedures (for example: sex changes or non-imperative plastic surgery) are not covered by the national healthcare system. Citizens seeking those kinds of operations will have to go to the private sector."

I have TGed with the other author, Chestaan, who supports this. The other three sponsors will be easily found to remove the discrimination from the text, and it can go forward as originally written, without mentioning GRS anywhere. There need be nothing for the right to get worked up about, even if they would prefer discrimination; according to the other limitations of the UHA, the surgeries will only be provided if they're strictly necessary for health and well-being.

Byzantium Imperium wrote:While free school meals is pretty non controversial and doesnt require debate
Actually, no, the current FSMA would torture me and make me non-functional if I were a student here. I've pointed that out many times in this thread, and several others have pointed out for other reasons that the law needs to take individual dietary restrictions into account, but the author doesn't care.
Fulflood wrote:
Unicario wrote:
But that intersexed person, with no hope to raise money to /get/ the surgery they need without breaking bank, would likely commit suicide in agony.

Not 'most likely' really. Most likely, they would continue to lead their lives, just less fulfilled than before and perhaps with lower self-esteem and depression problems. It's similar to a lot of therapies, including cosmetic surgery or, on a smaller scale, various forms of alternative medicine, massages etc.

Although well done for attempting to tackle that above post.

She said 'likely', not 'most likely'. Considering we're talking about a population with suicide rates hovering around 30% in some countries, you wanna walk back that hair-split?

Also, surely you did not just compare the prevention of suicide, the refusal to add minority stress through systematic discrimination, to herbs and massage? Please educate yourself about this issue.

Byzantium Imperial wrote:

Uh..... Is that a posistion we should elect or have the government appoint?
Right now, i would nominate Nepal and Free califas for that posistion. They are both good proofreaders, and I trust both of them in their ability to set aside political things when editing for spelling and grammar.

I'll do it when I can but it could be one of three NSG Senate positions for me, and just being Senior Whip is a lot of work with this 24-36 hour debate window thing :shock:
Last edited by Free South Califas on Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
FSC Government
Senate: Saul Califas; First Deputy Leader of the Opposition
Senior Whip, Communist Party (Meiderup)

WA: Califan WA Detachment (CWAD).
Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
(Lir. apologized, so ignore that part.)
Anarchy Works/Open Borders
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
'Obvious' implications, tones, cues etc. may also be missed.
SELF MANAGEMENT ✯ DIRECT ACTION ✯ WORKER SOLIDARITY
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Fulflood
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Fulflood » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:47 am

Free South Califas wrote:
Fulflood wrote:Not 'most likely' really. Most likely, they would continue to lead their lives, just less fulfilled than before and perhaps with lower self-esteem and depression problems. It's similar to a lot of therapies, including cosmetic surgery or, on a smaller scale, various forms of alternative medicine, massages etc.

Although well done for attempting to tackle that above post.

She said 'likely', not 'most likely'. Considering we're talking about a population with suicide rates hovering around 30% in some countries, you wanna walk back that hair-split?

Also, surely you did not just compare the prevention of suicide, the refusal to add minority stress through systematic discrimination, to herbs and massage? Please educate yourself about this issue.

On that first bit: thanks for pointing me out there. :oops:
Second one, I tried to not equate them by using 'on a smaller scale'. I couldn't think of other major non-essential esteem-boosting treatments, but I'm sure they exist.
Last edited by Fulflood on Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
I go under the name Vyvland now (IIWiki page). This account is used for the odd foray into the Senate or NSG.

Admin, New Democrat member for Lüborg (504) and ambassador to the Red-Greens in the Aurentine Senate. Minister of Business Safety of Aurentina. Apparently that deserves a ministry, but I'm not complaining. I'm probably none of these things anymore. | The Aurentine Phrasebook, my magnum opus.

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:50 am

Free South Califas wrote:Add the ability for students to choose full nutritious allergen-/sensitivity-/religiously-/medically-/ethically-safe meals for their individual needs and you've got my sponsorship. Like Phing Phong has pointed out elsewhere, one vegan meal will do for vegetarians, vegans, and all major religions. Add a gluten-free version and you've got allergies to gluten as well as several major grains covered. Have another one without nuts, seeds or soy and you're good AFAIK.

The current bill can easily be interpreted by MoH as only requiring one standard meal, kids with allergies and sensitivities being expected to slowly cripple themselves for the sake of bureaucratic efficiency. One such meal has been suggested in this thread, which would almost certainly be accepted, and would make it impossible for me to function at school if I were one of the students.

Like I've pointed out elsewhere, if I were a student, under this system I would likely be forced to eat sandwiches which would cause me a weeks-long nightmare of neurological symptoms that would make it impossible to focus in school.

Agreed.
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

Free South Califas
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:52 am

Fulflood wrote:It won't get a lot of support from the right if he amends it though.

All that is necessary is to remove this discriminatory passage condemning people born transsexual to debt slavery:
"(iv) Non-critical medical procedures (for example: sex changes or non-imperative plastic surgery) are not covered by the national healthcare system. Citizens seeking those kinds of operations will have to go to the private sector."

I have TGed with the other author, Chestaan, who supports this. The other three sponsors will be easily found to remove the discrimination from the text, and it can go forward as originally written, without mentioning GRS anywhere. There need be nothing for the right to get worked up about, even if they would prefer discrimination; according to the other limitations of the UHA, the surgeries will only be provided if they're strictly necessary for health and well-being.
To be clear, though, i still support an extension of the voting window, to make sure we have time to get it done, or put alternate plans in motion if it doesn't work out (Chestaan loses Internet connectivity etc.)
Last edited by Free South Califas on Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
FSC Government
Senate: Saul Califas; First Deputy Leader of the Opposition
Senior Whip, Communist Party (Meiderup)

WA: Califan WA Detachment (CWAD).
Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
(Lir. apologized, so ignore that part.)
Anarchy Works/Open Borders
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
'Obvious' implications, tones, cues etc. may also be missed.
SELF MANAGEMENT ✯ DIRECT ACTION ✯ WORKER SOLIDARITY
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

New Waterford
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Waterford » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:59 am

I would like to be a proof-reader as well.

List of people willing to be proof-readers:
  • Rumostan
  • Free South Califas
  • New Waterford
  • Fulflood
Tell me if I've missed anyone out.
Last edited by New Waterford on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Fulflood
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Fulflood » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:03 am

This is at least a little better, I think.
Small Business Assistance Act
Drafted by: The Realm of God (PC) | Edited by: Fulflood (LD) | Sponsors: New Freedomstan (USLP), Radiatia (PC), Beta Test (LD), Royalsoldiers (CFE), Zweite Alaje (NIFP)

The Senate of Aurentina:

RECOGNISES that this nation has no agency or support system for small business,
UNDERSTANDS that small business is often a life line for those who want to better their lives and provide for their family, and
OBSERVES that starting a small business is often expensive and out of reach for most of our poorest.

Therefore, this act hereby establishes the Small Business Assistance Office.
The Small Business Assistance Office is empowered to:
a. Provide low interest loans of up to £1,000,000 at a 2% APR for those who wish to start a small business (The Office can review each application on a case by case basis),
b. Offer free business advice, and
c. Help register a business.

A small business is hereby defined as an unincorporated or private limited business which earns less than (Provisional Currency)1,000,000, a year. The owners of the business must not have been declared bankrupt.
Forms of organisation which could be classed as a small business include:
a. Unincorporated sole proprietors,
b. Partnerships (both traditional and limited),
c. Cooperatives (Worker owned businesses),
d. Privately held corporations (A limited liability company that keeps its shares in the hands of family or friends of the owner).

Small business owners must provide a decent working wage for their workers, 90% of national average within the first two years of operation.
Last edited by Fulflood on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:10 am, edited 4 times in total.

Fulflood
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Fulflood » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:03 am

New Waterford wrote:I would like to be a proof-reader as well.

• Rumostan
  • Free South Califas
  • New Waterford

Me

New Waterford
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Waterford » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:05 am

Fulflood wrote:
New Waterford wrote:I would like to be a proof-reader as well.

• Rumostan
  • Free South Califas
  • New Waterford

Me

OK.

Wolfmanne
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:11 am

Fair and Essential Health Care Act

By: Wolfmanne
Co-Sponsors: Great Nepal, The Grand Republic of Hannover

1a. Non-critical medical procedures (for example: sex changes or non-imperative plastic surgery) are not covered by the national healthcare system, if one is established. Citizens seeking those kinds of operations will have to go to the private sector.

Hereby passes the Essential Health Care Act
Last edited by Wolfmanne on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cicero thinks I'm Rome's Helen of Troy and Octavian thinks he'll get his money, the stupid fools.

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:12 am

Wolfmanne wrote:
Essential Health Care Act

Co-Sponsors

1a. Non-critical medical procedures (for example: sex changes or non-imperative plastic surgery) are not covered by the national healthcare system, if one is established. Citizens seeking those kinds of operations will have to go to the private sector.

Seconded (I sponsor).
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unicario
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unicario » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:13 am

Wolfmanne wrote:

Co-Sponsors

Opposed on the matter of sex change. They should be covered if the person has gone to therapy and fulfilled the qualifications to be labeled a transgender.
Dai Ginkaigan Teikoku
Head of State: Ranko XIX Tentai
Ruling party is the Zenminjintō (Socialist Coalition)
Ginkaigan is currently at peace.

Yanalia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:13 am

Wolfmanne wrote:

Co-Sponsors

Why did you put this directly into the Chamber?
Economic Left/Right: -9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:13 am

Wolfmanne wrote:

Co-Sponsors

You wouldn't even support subsidization?
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

Wolfmanne
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:13 am

Yanalia wrote:
Wolfmanne wrote:

Co-Sponsors

Why did you put this directly into the Chamber?

Wrong place.
Cicero thinks I'm Rome's Helen of Troy and Octavian thinks he'll get his money, the stupid fools.

The Grand Republic of Hannover
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Republic of Hannover » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:16 am

Great Nepal wrote:
Wolfmanne wrote:

Co-Sponsors

Seconded (I sponsor).

I sponsor it as well.
NSG - Independent. Senator Daniel Krumholz
1870 Real-World RP - Colombia
2014 RP - Colombia
Marsisian Communist Revolution - Hannover
1913 RP - Great Britain

You may also contact me at Here

Valentir
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Valentir » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:17 am

The Grand Republic of Hannover wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:Seconded (I sponsor).

I sponsor it as well.

I would like to Sponsor this as well.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:19 am

Wolfmanne wrote:
Fair and Essential Health Care Act

Co-Sponsors: Great Nepal, The Grand Republic of Hannover

Il sponsor
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

The Grumpy Cat wrote:Their very existence... makes me sick.
After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Senator Willem de Ruyter of the Civic Reform Party

Yanalia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:20 am

The act is now in the Coffee Shop, please take your sponsorships over there.
Economic Left/Right: -9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

Unicario
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unicario » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:30 am

I'm withdrawing my candidacy for President.
Dai Ginkaigan Teikoku
Head of State: Ranko XIX Tentai
Ruling party is the Zenminjintō (Socialist Coalition)
Ginkaigan is currently at peace.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives