NATION

PASSWORD

DRAFT: Condemn Unibot

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Krioval
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

DRAFT: Condemn Unibot

Postby Krioval » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:41 pm

The Security Council,

NOTING Unibot's zeal for liberating regions, despite the lack of compelling need,

ALARMED that Unibot is working to stifle public debate on liberation proposals,

CONCERNED that the level of secrecy is eroding confidence in the Security Council's function,

DISMAYED that the terms "native" and "liberation" have lost nearly all relevance due to their misuse by this nation,

FURTHER DISMAYED at Unibot's attempts to convert the Security Council into a Star Chamber, replete with unverifiable claims as "evidence",

ALSO NOTING that Unibot has engaged in World Assembly puppetry to promote such proposals as "The Declaration of Masculism Rights" and "WA Doctrine of First Contact", both of which are solutions in search of problems,

CONCERNED that this rogue nation's crusade will disrupt civil communication within the entirety of the World Assembly,

SEEKING to demonstrate that the World Assembly will not fall victim to manipulation by a single nation bent on a destructive agenda,

CONDEMNS Unibot
Last edited by Krioval on Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mad Sheep Railgun
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2009
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mad Sheep Railgun » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:49 pm

BEATS Unibot with sticks. Image
OOC puppet of Yelda

Mad Sheep Railgun
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2009
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mad Sheep Railgun » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:51 pm

Krioval wrote:CONCERNED that the level of secrecy is eroding confidence the Security Council's function,

confidence in the Security Council's function
OOC puppet of Yelda

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:52 pm

Krioval wrote:CONCERNED that this rogue nation's crusade will disrupt civil communications between raiders and defenders alike,

There's civil communication between raiders and defenders? :blink: I don't think that Unibot - or even the WASC, has had an affect on the level of civility in comunications between defenders & invaders.

Martyrdoom
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Martyrdoom » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:58 pm

Short, sweet and to the point. Just the way I like them. And your points are entirely justifed imho.

Top proposal Krioval.
Smelled a Spring on the Salford wind

Kalibarr
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:07 pm

Sedgistan wrote:
Krioval wrote:CONCERNED that this rogue nation's crusade will disrupt civil communications between raiders and defenders alike,

There's civil communication between raiders and defenders? :blink: I don't think that Unibot - or even the WASC, has had an affect on the level of civility in comunications between defenders & invaders.

I think he means between their own alignment, not between each other.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:11 pm

Kalibarr wrote:I think he means between their own alignment, not between each other.

Well there's certainly no evidence of that amongst defenders.

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Modifications have been made.

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:48 am

Submitted for test run.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:10 pm

Krioval wrote:SEEKING to demonstrate that the Security Council will not fall victim to manipulation by a single nation bent on a destructive agenda,

What if there's two of us?

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:24 pm

Nice try, Krioval. I don't think you will succeed though. Unibot is the clever a manipulator.
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Great Brutopia
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 09, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Brutopia » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:11 pm

I highly doubt this will pass, but it's a deserving proposal.

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:04 pm

Sedgistan wrote:
Krioval wrote:SEEKING to demonstrate that the Security Council will not fall victim to manipulation by a single nation bent on a destructive agenda,

What if there's two of us?

Well, I can't very well condemn two nations at the same time, now can I? Though I strongly believe that Unibot's actions, and the refusal to admit the possibility of error in their execution, is especially noteworthy. If there are other nations that you think should also be condemned as co-conspirators, we could discuss them separately.

Parthenon
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Parthenon » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:38 pm

Although I will not place my endorsement behind it, I support the legislation in spirit.
The Parthenese Confederation
Parthenon
Intergallactic Hell
The Bleeding Roses
West Parthenon
Former GDODAD/Metus Member

Quintessence of Dust
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Quintessence of Dust » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:01 pm

Personally, I'd rather he was condemned for this sort of thing.
The fight is long and tough, but together, we can make it. -- José Carlos Mariátegui

Two kinds of pork in one soup? Bring it on. -- Christina Hendricks

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:26 pm

Quintessence of Dust wrote:Personally, I'd rather he was condemned for this sort of thing.

Something to consider, should I draft a new condemnation.

Khornate Worshippers
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Khornate Worshippers » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:34 pm

Good proposal.
FOR MAN WITHOUT EXPENSIVE SUIT, BIG BLACK MERCEDES, AND MASSIVE YACHT, BELGIAN FIVE SEVEN IS FOR PRETENDING OF BE RICH LIKE BLACK GANGSTER OF AMERICAN CITY WITH GOLD CHAINS OF LOW QUALITY AND JEWELS OF COLORED GLASS. WHEN YOU EXPLAIN USE OF BELGIAN FIVE SEVEN PISTOL IS ONLY FOR SHOOT MAN WITH BULLET VEST WITH CARTRIDGE ILLEGAL TO CIVILIAN, THIS MAN HAS NUCLEAR RAGE. WHOLE IDENTITY OF THIS MAN IS SPENT IN PRETEND PISTOL SHOWS HE IS RICH. IS VERY AMUSE.

Hey, Dash, why do they call it a hacksaw? It doesn't hack, that's what I was doing with the knife!
Da orkz is da best.
A new member of the Allied Independent States, and NATO.
#QVMV

Lavieasta
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lavieasta » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:03 am

In the interest of being random I support this proposal.

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:16 am

Updated to include some proposals debated in "the other chamber".

Paradoxany
Secretary

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Anarchy

Postby Paradoxany » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:09 pm

Guy Lotz glances at the ambassadors with some confusion. Wondering what delusions they suffer from, he rises...

"Ambassadors, I must say, your current pattern of speech disturbs me. It is almost as if you believe Unibot is responsible for the actions of Stash Kroh. I think this insane concept comes from the absurd belief that there is a player behind each nation, and the players behind Stash Kroh and Unibot are the same.

But ambassadors... Surely you don't believe this 'player behind the nation' nonsense?"

Guy Lotz takes one last concerned glance at the ambassadors in the chamber, and then slowly backs to the door, leaving the ambassadors to continue life in their imaginary world.
Last edited by Paradoxany on Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:31 pm

Since apparently the whole Security Council is a gameshow, perhaps the same actor plays both Unibot & Stash Kroh?

Also, regarding the proposal, this is what I said a few days ago on TSC's forum, in response to Krioval saying he was "convinced that Unibot is dragging the SC down by passing pointless liberations":

Unibot has been one of the major players in the Security Council, and has written several good resolutions. Liberate The Security Council was good for establishing an IC introduction to the GA-SC split, and demonstrating player support for that split. Liberate Utopia was a good liberation resolution, even if the region was fairly small - but its worked. I wasn't enthusiastic about Liberate Land of the Liberals, but I have to admit that so far - from looking at the region, its turned out extremely well.

The complaints in your resolution are pretty trivial too - I haven't seen any proof of Unibot stifling public debate of liberations, or of this 'secrecy' - that sounds like AMON's conspiracy theories. The terms "native" and "liberation" retain all their old strength, and now have definitions which people can easily check up on. The 'Star Chamber' accusation is similarly lacking in evidence, and its certainly not the generally polite Unibot who is disrupting civil communications in the Security Council. The 'manipulation' accusation is really just an repeating earlier claims, adding an attack for actually daring to use the Security Council. Again, 'destructive agenda' is lacking in any kind of evidence to support that claim.

All in all, your resolution is full of the 'unverifiable claims' which you seek to condemn Unibot for.

Reseda Island
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 13, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Reseda Island » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:58 pm

I personally think some of the writers of these resolutions are abit out of control, and that some are pitiful attempts at doing something out of vengeance more then the benefit of the region in line for liberation.
"Fear not the path of truth for the lack of people walking on it." -RFK June 5th 1968

Rolamec
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 15, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Rolamec » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:00 pm

Arrr....condemn!
Rolamec of New Earth
A Proud and Progressive Republican.
"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Economic Left/Right: 4.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.05

SC Compliance Ministry
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby SC Compliance Ministry » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:17 pm

He seeks to go against the will of the WASC by keeping the badge in the SC, Condemn Him! :D

Badge Removal Machine
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Badge Removal Machine » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:21 pm

I was sent there to remove it and he ejected and banned me from the region. Condemn him!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council