NATION

PASSWORD

SUBMITTED: Condemn Macedonia

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:12 pm

Unibot wrote:SC#1 condemned the entire Macedonian empire. Contrary to common beliefs, by leaving the region they have not 'uncondemned' themselves, that could not be done without a repeal (even a risky refounding cannot remove the legislative rhetoric that exists against them), in fact you could not be further from the truth -- by running from the WA they've empowered SC#1 even more.

I don't see it like that. Macedonia is free of judgement.

And while the text of SC1 does condemn something called 'the Macedonian Empire' it doesn't say what that means, plus, a condemnation of the region macedon shouldn't also condemn this other thing. Condemnations/Commendations have been deleted for doing something other than commending/condemning their nominee.
AKA Weed

Travancore-Cochin
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Travancore-Cochin » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:43 pm

Topid wrote:
Unibot wrote:SC#1 condemned the entire Macedonian empire. Contrary to common beliefs, by leaving the region they have not 'uncondemned' themselves, that could not be done without a repeal (even a risky refounding cannot remove the legislative rhetoric that exists against them), in fact you could not be further from the truth -- by running from the WA they've empowered SC#1 even more.

And while the text of SC1 does condemn something called 'the Macedonian Empire' it doesn't say what that means, plus, a condemnation of the region macedon shouldn't also condemn this other thing. Condemnations/Commendations have been deleted for doing something other than commending/condemning their nominee.

*cough* *cough*

Ardchoille wrote:As of this minute, you can't. Sorry, but that's just too open to abuse to leave unplugged. In the absence (then) of links, I read SC#1 as a condemnation of Macedon and (all its metaphorical belongings), the other side of the coin to the idea of "god bless the ship and all who sail in her". The Macedonian Empire I took to be "all who sail in her", not an individual region.

In the (obviously) continued absence of a link, SC#1 can still be read that way, and that's the way it is read. Mod fiat.

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:01 pm

Topid wrote:

"The Macedonian Empire" owned Macedon, the region, and was the empire that was committing the crimes described in SC#1. I don't think it can get simpler than that, Topid.

Topid
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:17 pm

In my book The Macedonian Empire wasn't defined, and so I think it is simply is another way to say Macedon. I'll support any condemnation of the new region Macedonia. Hopefully this author or someone else re-submits or submits something new.
AKA Weed

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:17 pm

Topid wrote:In my book The Macedonian Empire wasn't defined, and so I think it is simply is another way to say Macedon. I'll support any condemnation of the new region Macedonia. Hopefully this author or someone else re-submits or submits something new.

Well, in the SC's references, SC#1 condemns "Macedon and the Macedonian Empire". Now why would SC#1 condemn the same thing twice? Unless the "the Macedonian Empire" refers to a nebulous and larger entity than just the region, Macedon.

Topid
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:22 pm

Unibot wrote:
Topid wrote:In my book The Macedonian Empire wasn't defined, and so I think it is simply is another way to say Macedon. I'll support any condemnation of the new region Macedonia. Hopefully this author or someone else re-submits or submits something new.

Well, in the SC's references, SC#1 condemns "Macedon and the Macedonian Empire". Now why would SC#1 condemn the same thing twice? Unless the "the Macedonian Empire" refers to a nebulous and larger entity than just the region, Macedon.

Allowing SC resolutions to condemn more than their nominee is a dangerous precedent. My plate if full at the moment drafting a GA proposal, and I do have other plans. But a repeal attempt is officially on my to do list.... Now I just gotta decide if I want it at the top or bottom. :lol:
AKA Weed

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:43 pm

Topid wrote:
Unibot wrote:

Allowing SC resolutions to condemn more than their nominee is a dangerous precedent. My plate if full at the moment drafting a GA proposal, and I do have other plans. But a repeal attempt is officially on my to do list.... Now I just gotta decide if I want it at the top or bottom. :lol:

While your at it could you get "Condemn Nazi Europe" repealed too? :p

Because that would save me the trouble...

Topid
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:47 pm

Unibot wrote:
Topid wrote:
Unibot wrote:

That was one of my new years resolutions. :p

1) Get at least 3 WA Resolutions passed
2) Get one GA resolution passed
3) Repeal Condemn Nazi Europe if no one else does.
AKA Weed

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:58 pm

I think Repeal Condemn Nazi Europe was going to be the ultimate project of The Security Council *runs off to forum to start discussion*

Apologies for the threadjack.

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:11 pm

Topid wrote:
Unibot wrote:
Topid wrote:
Unibot wrote:

That was one of my new years resolutions. :p

1) Get at least 3 WA Resolutions passed
2) Get one GA resolution passed
3) Repeal Condemn Nazi Europe if no one else does.

My New Years Resolutions were Liberate Utopia and Condemn Jimmy Hart. :rofl:

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:52 am

The proposal ninja vanished. I assume it simply dipped below the required approvals after the 4 day grace period?

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:57 am

New argument _

The World Assembly,

Noting that Macedonia was the birthplace of Alexander the Great,

Realising that the life of Alexander the Great was the inspiration for the film 'Alexander',

Believing that the film 'Alexander' was a load of rubbish;

Hereby condemns Macedonia.

:D
Last edited by Bears Armed on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Nordicus
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordicus » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:45 am

Travancore-Cochin wrote:As it stands, it is illegal for violating No-HoC.

Even if Ardchoille hadn't countered this already, I disagree. This condemnation would be based on how they tried to underhandedly avoid the effects of a condemnation; whether the original condemnation is repealed or not, they still behaved in a manner that many would consider improper, and that is sufficient for a condemnation (at least, that's how I view it). If they dislike the condemnation, they should fight it by trying to get it repealed, not by moving en-masse to a new region, or refounding their region, or any other dirty tricks like that.

Personally, I think just stating how they moved to a new region in an attempt to escape a prior condemnation should be sufficient in-resolution justification.
Note: I am an atheist. If I say something supportive of a religion, it's because I try to be fair and even-handed, not because I am a follower of that religion.
H N Fiddlebottoms VIII wrote:Engineers hate biology, because it has very few right angles. Everything is all curves and bumps and the only penis-shaped items are actual penises.

Dregruk wrote:
Kma2 wrote:How else could it be that they are so uneducated regarding what is going on in America.

Same as anyone else; I slaughter gibbons and frolic in their blood. Or just, y'know, disagree with you.

Tsaraine wrote:Somewhere in Philadelphia, one school administrator has just smacked another school administrator upside the head. "Damnit, Jenkins! I told you we should just have gone with chastity belts!"

Biblical Creation

NKVD Purges
Civilian

Founded: Apr 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby NKVD Purges » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:34 am

Anyone can move to, and create regions, as they see fit.

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:20 pm

One condemnation was enough. The SC can't go chasing Macedon around and condemning them every time they move off to a new region. As they're a group of raiders and are used to regional migration, I wouldn't expect just hopping off to somewhere new if Macedonia is condemned should be too difficult for them to pull off. In fact, condemning Macedonia would encourage them to move somewhere else, therefore allowing them to have the last laugh by letting them know their avoidance of their condemned regions is bothering the WASC - or, at least, is bothering the WASC members who actually care (pas moi).

Condemnations are to send a message, and this message needs only be sent once.
Last edited by A mean old man on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:44 pm

Mr Mean Old Man;

Macedon is run by Russians. Russians are the most dastardly people in online gaming who will lie, cheat, steal and wiggle their way out of everything. By NOT chasing them we are, in their mind, validating their idea that they can do whatever they want and nobody will ever really want to get in the way of their ambitions. Constant pursuit is a constant reminder.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:58 pm

Okay, the "Russian" thing is being overdone.

Kalibarr
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:22 pm

What if?

Condemn Macedonia

RECOGNIZES that the region is run by Russians

NOTING Russians are bastardly in this kind of game...
'

=racist/not gonna fly

Metania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 31, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Metania » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:47 pm

Being somewhat Russian myself, I can say not chasing them would more or less validate their tactic, and, might encourage others, regardless of cultural (yes, it's a cultural thing, not so much a racial one; anyone in contact with those types of values may choose to act that way regardless of race) style to emulate them.

That said, it's rather melodramatic to paint them like evil Commies, plotting to take over the world. They're just a bunch of bored people who want to be 'Numbar wan' in raiding things, and they have some dishonorable tactics. So be it--nothing a few more condemnations won't be able to throw a wet towel on.
Determination Overcomes Adversity
Jul

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:55 pm

...more like a wet tissue. What makes you think they won't just move again? And again, and again, Et cetera?

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:58 pm

Commies aint the issue, or I'd be looking for the chinese players. Russians are the issue :evil: No I don't like them :P

Metania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Metania » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:05 pm

Unending persistence in condemning them would make their moving futile.

Of course, I am just the type to suggest that, but I know the SC would tire of such. So maybe just one or two more to drive home the point, then shrug at any further movement.

Maybe when they're forced to make names like 00Macedonia.
Jul

Unibotian WASC Mission
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WASC Mission » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:12 pm

Metania wrote:Unending persistence in condemning them would make their moving futile.

Of course, I am just the type to suggest that, but I know the SC would tire of such. So maybe just one or two more to drive home the point, then shrug at any further movement.

Maybe when they're forced to make names like 00Macedonia.

But Macedon supported this resolution. :roll:

The people I telegrammed to get it out of the queue were mostly raiders who had been coaxed by their cronies into approving it. Macedon loves the idea of making a fool out of the SC.

Metania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Metania » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:25 pm

Is it not them who are the fools for inviting repeated condemnation on themselves? They may benefit from the attention, but does not any place that is condemned get such attention?

To them it may be making 'fools' out of the SC, but to what end? An ugly button marring the top of their layout isn't particularly much of a victory, and whether or not this goes anywhere, they've already garnered plenty of attention with all the discussion here.

At this point we should stop caring what they think and simply do what makes sense; if the condemn has any chance of actually stopping anything, then condemn; if it's just a useless button which some very bored people want to collect on multiple regions, then do not condemn.
Jul

Martyrdoom
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Martyrdoom » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:33 am

A condemnation in this instance would be...condemnable.
Smelled a Spring on the Salford wind

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council