NATION

PASSWORD

SUBMITTED: Condemn Macedonia

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Velika Bulgariya
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Velika Bulgariya » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:39 am

Thank you all who helped my proposal reach quorum.

Well that's obsolete, now.
Last edited by Velika Bulgariya on Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Krioval
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:51 pm

OOC: Really? This is the best use of WA voting time and energy?

Martyrdoom
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Martyrdoom » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:07 pm

Krioval wrote:OOC: Really? This is the best use of WA voting time and energy?

Asking such questions is likely to get you condemned round here.
Smelled a Spring on the Salford wind

Kalibarr
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:22 pm

no it will make people start ranting about the GA again.

Jimmy Hart
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 13, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Jimmy Hart » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:06 pm

I have withdrawn my approval of this proposal since it is flawed.

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Jimmy Hart wrote:I have withdrawn my approval of this proposal since it is flawed.

Thanks Jimmy. :)

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:39 am

Our resolutions will almost be as meaningless as those of our sister body if they can be avoided by simply moving regions.

Macedonia is guilty of the same horrors that Macedon was, I have approved this proposal.
AKA Weed

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:43 am

Topid wrote:Our resolutions will almost be as meaningless as those of our sister body if they can be avoided by simply moving regions.

Macedonia is guilty of the same horrors that Macedon was, I have approved this proposal.

We're not children, Topid. A new resolution calls for a new argument, or a more detailed argument atleast. This resolution merely cites the last resolution, and hopes that will be enough to rank in a second condemnation on the first one's fumes.

To top this cake off, Macedon supports the resolution because it hopes the WA will make a fool of itself by adopting this legislation.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:44 am

My issue with this (and I admit my view has changed several times on this resolution) is that if we pass this we set a precedent that when a region is condemned and then moves, we don't see the old condemnation as applying any more - so we need to condemn them again. If Macedon keep moving, or if Nazi Europe moves region, do they get condemned again? By extension, if Kandarin decides that Kandary is now his main nation, do we have to commend that as well?

Samad ban
Political Columnist

Founded: May 23, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Samad ban » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:45 am

Hey, how's that possible? It said it reached quorum yesterday, and voting ended. Now it says it lacks 2 votes, and voting ends soon?

Has this ever happened before?

Topid
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:08 am

3 minutes ago: The proposal "Condemn Macedonia" [The Constitutional Monarchy of Velika Bulgariya] failed to achieve quorum.

Samad ban wrote:Hey, how's that possible? It said it reached quorum yesterday, and voting ended. Now it says it lacks 2 votes, and voting ends soon?

Has this ever happened before?

Yup, to me in fact. Unibot telegramed all delegates approving the proposal to get them to un-approve.

Yes Uni, I do think the arguement should be better. But the fact is, as I told you in a telegram, Macedonia is the home region of the most evil raiding organization in NS. That is a good enough reason for me to approve a condemnation of them.

Sedge, that would be different, commending Kandy's new nation for being controled by the same player as Kandarin is getting too OOC for even me.
Last edited by Topid on Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
AKA Weed

Samad ban
Political Columnist

Founded: May 23, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Samad ban » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:17 am

Topid wrote:Yup, to me in fact. Unibot telegramed all delegates approving the proposal to get them to un-approve.

Like, after the voting ended, you can STILL withdraw your vote? :blink:
Because voting on this resolution ended a day and a half ago. It is very confusing that another voting was held. And very suspicious as well...

Topid
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:21 am

Samad ban wrote:
Topid wrote:Yup, to me in fact. Unibot telegramed all delegates approving the proposal to get them to un-approve.

Like, after the voting ended, you can STILL withdraw your vote? :blink:
Because voting on this resolution ended a day and a half ago. It is very confusing that another voting was held. And very suspicious as well...

Voting doesn't end when that says it ends. In fact the text there could be more clear...

Delegate voting ends when it goes to vote for everyone. If it hasn't met quorum by the time on the proposal it is removed.
AKA Weed

Velika Bulgariya
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Velika Bulgariya » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:25 am

Oh dear. I accept the failing of this proposal, and realise that it suffers from too many flaws for the WA to approve it. However, I do intend to re-draft, hopefully with the help of Unibot and other critics, and re-submit a Condemnation of Macedonia. My worry, however, is that this shall kill any chance of a revised proposal reaching quorum due to delegates believing that the flaws of the original would still remain in the revised version. I would like to ask you all if there is any chance of a revised proposal reaching quorum and being approved in the WA?

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:32 am

Topid wrote:Yes Uni, I do think the arguement should be better. But the fact is, as I told you in a telegram, Macedonia is the home region of the most evil raiding organization in NS. That is a good enough reason for me to approve a condemnation of them.

"The Most Evil Raiding Organization in NS" is Macedon, now, but that title changes between new organizations almost every year, or NS generation. We as the Security Council should not be so arbitrary in our proceedings as to condemn a region without atleast one new fact besides "they moved". A region has the power, and the right to move -- we shouldn't be condemning anyone on that basis, which leaves this resolution as a bland citation, and a regurgitation of SC#1.

If you want to condemn Macedon again, there are new arguments, and more detail that you can implement. For example, the situation in Bangladesh, is above the power of a liberation as Macedon is the founder of it. A condemnation could be of use there.

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:35 am

Velika Bulgariya wrote:Oh dear. I accept the failing of this proposal, and realise that it suffers from too many flaws for the WA to approve it. However, I do intend to re-draft, hopefully with the help of Unibot and other critics, and re-submit a Condemnation of Macedonia. My worry, however, is that this shall kill any chance of a revised proposal reaching quorum due to delegates believing that the flaws of the original would still remain in the revised version. I would like to ask you all if there is any chance of a revised proposal reaching quorum and being approved in the WA?

As I've stated above, I would recommend instead of attempting a second "generalized" condemnation of the entire Macedonian Empire, which SC#1 does a good job of already -- you should look to more specific cases and see where a liberation or condemnation is needed.

Velika Bulgariya
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Velika Bulgariya » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:40 am

Unibot wrote:
Topid wrote:Yes Uni, I do think the arguement should be better. But the fact is, as I told you in a telegram, Macedonia is the home region of the most evil raiding organization in NS. That is a good enough reason for me to approve a condemnation of them.

"The Most Evil Raiding Organization in NS" is Macedon, now, but that title changes between new organizations almost every year, or NS generation. We as the Security Council should not be so arbitrary in our proceedings as to condemn a region without atleast one new fact besides "they moved". A region has the power, and the right to move -- we shouldn't be condemning anyone on that basis, which leaves this resolution as a bland citation, and a regurgitation of SC#1.

If you want to condemn Macedon again, there are new arguments, and more detail that you can implement. For example, the situation in Bangladesh, is above the power of a liberation as Macedon is the founder of it. A condemnation could be of use there.

The Bangladesh situation is pretty much the same with most of their Empire- Bulgaria, Greece, Hungary, etc. I think that they must raid the region, eject all the natives, leave it, and refound it as a Macedonian fief. It would probably end up as a ridiculous chain of condemnations.

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:43 am

Velika Bulgariya wrote:
Unibot wrote:

The Bangladesh situation is pretty much the same with most of their Empire- Bulgaria, Greece, Hungary, etc. I think that they must raid the region, eject all the natives, leave it, and refound it as a Macedonian fief. It would probably end up as a ridiculous chain of condemnations.

Go where the most native support takes you, then mention in the resolution where Macedon has also used this tactic. *nod*

I've already talked to a Bangladesh native, he supports a condemnation of Macedon.

Velika Bulgariya
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Velika Bulgariya » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:54 am

The problem is that these refounded regions have no trace of their native history. Take Hungary- it's been a Macedonian puppet for three or four years now (at least, that's as far as the RMB goes), and so, if any natives are left, it'd be virtually impossible to find any.

IDEA: I think I'll open a thread asking for natives to come forward. Which forum should that go in?
Last edited by Velika Bulgariya on Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Martyrdoom
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Martyrdoom » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:01 am

Velika Bulgariya wrote:The problem is that these refounded regions have no trace of their native history. Take Hungary- it's been a Macedonian puppet for three or four years now (at least, that's as far as the RMB goes), and so, if any natives are left, it'd be virtually impossible to find any.

IDEA: I think I'll open a thread asking for natives to come forward. Which forum should that go in?

There's two native nations residing in Hungary now.

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:10 am

Velika Bulgariya wrote:The problem is that these refounded regions have no trace of their native history. Take Hungary- it's been a Macedonian puppet for three or four years now (at least, that's as far as the RMB goes), and so, if any natives are left, it'd be virtually impossible to find any.

This forum would be appropriate, so long as you keep the topic centric around a potential condemnation or liberation.

Velika Bulgariya
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Velika Bulgariya » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:20 am

Martyrdoom wrote:

One, actually, and they're new. I'd prefer pre-Macedonian era natives who were attacked, ideally. The problem is knowing which ones actually existed and were raided-'n'-refounded, and which ones didn't exist until a Macedonist set it up.

Martyrdoom
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Martyrdoom » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:33 am

Velika Bulgariya wrote:
Martyrdoom wrote:

One, actually, and they're new. I'd prefer pre-Macedonian era natives who were attacked, ideally. The problem is knowing which ones actually existed and were raided-'n'-refounded, and which ones didn't exist until a Macedonist set it up.

I'm spartacus!

Topid
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:52 pm

Unibot wrote:We as the Security Council should not be so arbitrary in our proceedings as to condemn a region without atleast one new fact besides "they moved".

Other than the word 'new' I agree... But not to the extent that I do not approve a proposal.
A region has the power, and the right to move -- we shouldn't be condemning anyone on that basis, which leaves this resolution as a bland citation, and a regurgitation of SC#1.

No. I'd never say that. But if the The Security Council raided and destroyed thirty regions, was condemned, and then moved their home region to Security Council to avoid the condemnation and retired from raiding, I don't think they should remain un-condemned. We can use past info to condemn the organizations new home.

Now, I agree that the proposal should have acknowledged all the past actions taken by the Macodonian Empire by restating the info, and not simply saying 'Look what SC#1 said', and hopefully even go into more detail than SC1 did. But if it fails to do so I will still approve it because I still support the arguement behind it.

And as far as SC1 goes, it's pretty much dead. The region being condemned is an empty lifeless region. Instead of condemning the organization responsible for the acts, it now condemns three puppets.
AKA Weed

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:59 pm

Topid wrote:
Unibot wrote:We as the Security Council should not be so arbitrary in our proceedings as to condemn a region without atleast one new fact besides "they moved".

Other than the word 'new' I agree... But not to the extent that I do not approve a proposal.
A region has the power, and the right to move -- we shouldn't be condemning anyone on that basis, which leaves this resolution as a bland citation, and a regurgitation of SC#1.

No. I'd never say that. But if the The Security Council raided and destroyed thirty regions, was condemned, and then moved their home region to Security Council to avoid the condemnation and retired from raiding, I don't think they should remain un-condemned. We can use past info to condemn the organizations new home.

Now, I agree that the proposal should have acknowledged all the past actions taken by the Macodonian Empire by restating the info, and not simply saying 'Look what SC#1 said', and hopefully even go into more detail than SC1 did. But if it fails to do so I will still approve it because I still support the arguement behind it.

And as far as SC1 goes, it's pretty much dead. The region being condemned is an empty lifeless region. Instead of condemning the organization responsible for the acts, it now condemns three puppets.

SC#1 condemned the entire Macedonian empire. Contrary to common beliefs, by leaving the region they have not 'uncondemned' themselves, that could not be done without a repeal (even a risky refounding cannot remove the legislative rhetoric that exists against them), in fact you could not be further from the truth -- by running from the WA they've empowered SC#1 even more.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council